Compensate won Solo/TeamQ with RankPoints?

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

That’s some great support here guys, thanks!

Changed the thread’s topic once again, it’s more clear now.

Now let’s hope a dev can come in and answer the question…

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I’d like to see this as well, since you know….you guys don’t seem to be in any hurry to roll back the cheesed rank, you could at least compensate us the rank for what we’ve already done.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

aahhh, first world problems, how tasty!

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: ilcane.3081

ilcane.3081

This actually sounds reasonable.

After all, starting tomorrow, all you get with Rank is a finisher, a 5 second emote thinghy, can’t see how this could hurt the game in any way.

And this is coming from a Tourney-only player who uses Rabbit finisher, because of how meaningless my Tiger would look in front of all the former Hotjoin farmers.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Hype x8 rank points acquired before skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

Really would like to see this done. Give us tournament players something back pls.

+1

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

And this is coming from a Tourney-only player who uses Rabbit finisher, because of how meaningless my Tiger would look in front of all the former Hotjoin farmers.

unbelievable how cool you are
mandela must be proud of you

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

What they should do is:

-For SoloQ wins: add 300×3 = 900 – 300 = 600 RP for each win
-For TeamQ wins: add 500×5 = 2500 – 500 = 2000RP for each win

That is if they want to make the previous wins on par with the incoming wins.

You got it a bit wrong there. Or maybe I confused you, because I didn’t explain the math. So, here we go:

Before Solo Arena (SA) awarded 150 Rank Points (RP) for a win. Now it’s tripe – 150×3 = 450RP per SA win at the moment. To be fair with anyone, who have won SA before, they have to give out additional 300RP for each win before the change. Because: 450 – 150(the already earned amount) = 300.

To put it your way for Team Arena:
200(old reward)x5 = 1000 – 200 = 800RP per win.

To sum it up – we need 300RP bonus for each of our SoloArena wins before the change and 800RP bonus for each of our TeamArena wins. Because that’s whats fair to the loyal playerbase, that’s how they should be treated and as pointed out – it will separate the farmers from ranked players.

the same with gold. the new system is only in favour of pve-players and pvp-starter. all pvp players played from start are kitten for the effort last year.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

What they should do is:

-For SoloQ wins: add 300×3 = 900 – 300 = 600 RP for each win
-For TeamQ wins: add 500×5 = 2500 – 500 = 2000RP for each win

That is if they want to make the previous wins on par with the incoming wins.

You got it a bit wrong there. Or maybe I confused you, because I didn’t explain the math. So, here we go:

Before Solo Arena (SA) awarded 150 Rank Points (RP) for a win. Now it’s tripe – 150×3 = 450RP per SA win at the moment. To be fair with anyone, who have won SA before, they have to give out additional 300RP for each win before the change. Because: 450 – 150(the already earned amount) = 300.

To put it your way for Team Arena:
200(old reward)x5 = 1000 – 200 = 800RP per win.

To sum it up – we need 300RP bonus for each of our SoloArena wins before the change and 800RP bonus for each of our TeamArena wins. Because that’s whats fair to the loyal playerbase, that’s how they should be treated and as pointed out – it will separate the farmers from ranked players.

the same with gold. the new system is only in favour of pve-players and pvp-starter. all pvp players played from start are kitten for the effort last year.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

+1 This to the heavens!

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

I totally support this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

Kugron.5128

Not letting this slide, I want a response. A yes, a no, a kitten you….something. Not letting this one slide under the carpet like they did with the skyhammer rank farmers

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I really hope this isn’t going to get pushed under the rug like the skyhammer farming stuff….

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think this is a fantastic idea. I am not for retroactively adding gold but retroactively adding the multiplier on the ranked team/solo matches is an extremely good idea. +1 to the OP!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

in PvP

Posted by: Nenthil.4312

Nenthil.4312

Great idea! I’m not hardcore tPvP player but I would like to see it. This feels right.
+1

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Just looking at the thread it seems that at least the vocal side of the pvp community is strongly in favor of this, and as the OP has shown, it has precedent from GW1. Even people who are not hardcore tpvpers see the fairness of this, and I thank you for that. Here’s hoping that this actually gets implemented!

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i was thinking about this since they wont punish skyhammer farmers, why wont they give tourney players a rank point boost times X3 for solo arena win and X5 for team arena wins. this way those who exploited the skyhammer mechanic to boost rank and glory will be left out. also anet mention that they are not happy how rank takes forever to max out, now a good chance to appease long time arena players.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

Starting to feel like this has no chance of happening, which is pretty disheartening.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

This is a good idea it will seperate the skyhammer farmer and the one who play rank games. And those who are serious in pvp and the one who only play casual pvp

JTan approves. This change is 100% good.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

70 posts and no response from Anet…whether they don’t care or they made it as a surprise for the update

in PvP

Michael.7382

I thought same, about suprsie on 2days patch :p
But I guess it won’t be…

Still w8ting for respons, this needs to be sticked to main page as muc has it can be.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Kugron.5128

BakiSaN.9281
This has no way to have a bad effect on the game in any way what so ever. Compensating loyal and active players with points that do NOT impact the game in ANY way except for bestowing bragging rights can only have a positive effect. Don’t get me even started on how much it would do towards fixing the damage caused by skyhammer farming. Let’s look at it this way. I have around 1,5k tournies played and my current LEGIT rank is 43. The other day, I decided to go FotM to have a lil’ fun with the new stuff and all and at 1 point I wanted to brag somewhat with my tiger. I did /rank (the only thing you can do to brag) and got faceslapped by a PvE’er that pulled a bear on my kitten . I pressumed he was a sPvPer too, a legit one and so I asked him. He said and I quote: “Nah, I just did the sh farm for a month or so, wanted the bear for giggles”. I just stood there for a minute or two, mindblown at how my effort and loyalty meant absolutely nothing and not only that but it actually made me look silly.

This testimony right here, is exactly the kind of thing that bothers me and is why I want something done. I agree that rank is merely time spent, but being that it, along with our rank finisher, is the only thing we have on PvE I am proud of it, and the fact that some PvE scrubs were able to just hop into a skyhammer farming custom arena and grind it out by suicide cheesing it for two months kitten es me off.

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

+1. I feel retrospective rewarding tournaments would finally close the page regarding the Skyhammer farmers.

Everyone would be happy!

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

in PvP

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I like it, +1 for this idea. It won’t “shock the economy” but will still give pvpers something!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in PvP

hooma.9642

70 posts and no response from Anet…whether they don’t care or they made it as a surprise for the update

the sad part is the low response of player even in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gold-for-tpvp-matches-in-the-past/first u would think they want something.. but i guess a lot of real pvp players dont browse forums that often and pro players dont care. seems the most players complaining about the remove of rank where pve-players or skyhammer famers.

in PvP

exinax.2178

Well, I see why compensating gold is no option, but nobody’s hurt if they give us those ranks for the tournaments already played.

And I can’t agree with the last part. I was complaining about removing the ranks as well, because it needs a lot of time to reach rank 43 by playing tournaments only. Whether or not there are Skyfarmers, I’m still proud oft my rank and I would hate it if all this effort and work goes to hell. Of course, there’s still the fun and so on – but the truth is that everybody is more likely to do something if there’s something to achieve as well.

in PvP

savov.3712

The bad thing is that Hugh Norfolk posted twice in the other thread. Both his posts were off topic, but at least he is reading, and he saw the picture. And that picture is worth more then any other post/thread.

Now, just don’t let this thread sink in to oblivion, after the patch hits and everyone start posting about all the balance/reward changes. Again, thank you for supporting this. I’ll try to get a dev response later today, be it via PM or ingame.

in PvP

Michael.7382

I support this too, it will live :>

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

As someone who only did Tpvp casually, about 400 matches, even I’m annoyed by this. Why should everyone be getting 3x and 5x reward and the people that were there from the start get nothing for all the dedication they put in.

I understand not getting the gold or even the glory points now. But at very minimum the rank points. The entire point of “rank” is to show how much you’ve played. Now its meaningless because there is a different scale of acquisition.

Rank should either be awarded fairly and evenly for ALL wins/loses or just be removed now. … in my opinion =p

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

If there actually will be a use of luck in PvP, they also could give pvp player as much luck, as they need to get their rank in magic find.

E.g: rank 12 gets enough luck to increase his MF from 0 to 12 etc.

Wouldn’t also shock the economy, besides if MF will rly have influence in PvP, otherwise PvE guys would even have an advantage in PvP

in PvP

sirflamesword.3896

Makes me sad this didn’t get snuck in

in PvP

Michael.7382

yeh….. let’s hope and moan for the future then. still.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

This post came up way too late to get snuck in. They might be able to hotfix it in before Christmas, but generally speaking I feel this thread will need to be kept up until at least the next PvP preview (whether balance or blog post).

Call me Smith.

in PvP

savov.3712

I posted this shortly after the “Ready Up” PvP stream. It was then, when I realized we are screwed in every possible way.

BTW, Grouch and Karl are ingame at the moment, so I’, trying to reach them for a comment on the topic. No luck so far…

in PvP

Michael.7382

Try hard savo :p

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

hooma.9642

I posted this shortly after the “Ready Up” PvP stream. It was then, when I realized we are screwed in every possible way.

BTW, Grouch and Karl are ingame at the moment, so I’, trying to reach them for a comment on the topic. No luck so far…

i was chating with justin after the stream and he told me if the community responds like they did with the ranks, they would think about it. but in that chat it was about the backward gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

i was chating with justin after the stream and he told me if the community responds like they did with the ranks, they would think about it. but in that chat it was about the backward gold.

So there is a chance ? if more people want this or?

in PvP

Michael.7382

There are alrdy many ppl who want this. I spoken with ppl in-game, they agreed it’s fair for everyone, + rewards torunament play instead of skyhammer farmers.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Then is Anet just to lazy to do this.. dont wanna spend time doing it? not like the idea cant we get an official answer and be done with this i really cant see a good reason why we shouldnt get this

in PvP

hooma.9642

So there is a chance ? if more people want this or?

for both themes i think yes there is a chance. but that not means that its exactly done how we suggest.

how ever the hardest part will be to get ppl resonding here or to the poll. if u see, ppl arent reading. that the new heal skill will cost 25 skillpoints and pvp are forced to lvl via pve or tome was discussed and know directly after stream. still ppl complain about that.

http://strawpoll.me/845167/

There are alrdy many ppl who want this. I spoken with ppl in-game, they agreed it’s fair for everyone, + rewards torunament play instead of skyhammer farmers.

i also spoke with ppl ingame. but the problem is either they dont read forums and just complain in teamspeak or they where the same opinion and promised to write something and never showed up.

in PvP

exinax.2178

Don’t let this get lost…
I really hoped they would implement it with this update.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Gaiyeerishima Cat.1082

Guys, the best way to get this implemented is to continue to stay directly on topic, and to get more people from in game to come and show their support in this thread. Let’s keep this alive and going strong

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I would not mind having this bonus as it might at least restore some faith lost in the game’s current direction.

buuuut…he has a point.

It’s the weekend. The only ones posting probably don’t want to touch the thread until they get into office and can discuss this.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

No guise we’ll spike teh glory economy. too dangerous

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in PvP

savov.3712

A quick update – this topic is definitely something they “cannot talk about just right now” sort of thing.
Karl, didn’t wrote back a single word, even after I spammed him hard.
I asked Grouch if he have a quick minute and he was immediately like “sup, what is it”, but when I pointed out the thread with question if we will get a ‘red’ comment on it, he went silent and shortly after that – offline.

Then luckily, I saw Chap is online as well, so asked him the same question. The short responds were “Cool.” and “Nods.”, followed by a quick discussions why I prefer chatting directly with a dev, then waiting for no response in the forums.

I haven’t made any screenshots of the chat with him, because I do respect any sort of privacy, altho I warned him about me trying to get an answer for the thread.

So, the way I’m seeing it, they won’t comment on this anytime soon, due to their policy. And given that this is sort of time sensitive matter (after all, we continue to play ranked games, which increase our total number of games every day), it may be too late for us, when they finally have an answer.

in PvP

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

+1

AMAZING IDEA,

in PvP

hooma.9642

watch the results of the polls so far.. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Actual-polls/first

interesting thinks i think

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I agree. It’s kinda silly not too.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

I agree with this.

Definitely separates skyhammer farmers from tourny players.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

in PvP

Michael.7382

A quick update – this topic is definitely something they “cannot talk about just right now” sort of thing.
Karl, didn’t wrote back a single word, even after I spammed him hard.
I asked Grouch if he have a quick minute and he was immediately like “sup, what is it”, but when I pointed out the thread with question if we will get a ‘red’ comment on it, he went silent and shortly after that – offline.

Then luckily, I saw Chap is online as well, so asked him the same question. The short responds were “Cool.” and “Nods.”, followed by a quick discussions why I prefer chatting directly with a dev, then waiting for no response in the forums.

I haven’t made any screenshots of the chat with him, because I do respect any sort of privacy, altho I warned him about me trying to get an answer for the thread.

So, the way I’m seeing it, they won’t comment on this anytime soon, due to their policy. And given that this is sort of time sensitive matter (after all, we continue to play ranked games, which increase our total number of games every day), it may be too late for us, when they finally have an answer.

Oh kitten … =/ They should talk about it, and clarify if they do it or no, and give answer at least, not ingoring…

r[5x] tPvP onlY.