Decap Engi

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

the build is going crazy on everything from #25-90%. Games and sports where u know the winner are boring, not fun. Its like a 4v5. 9ppl complain at end. If by some chance you still defend this decap abomination, it must be:

a) you are one of 2 best teams on the continent, equiped with TS, extraordinary skills and 1-2 wariors

b) you are decap engie yourself. anet stealth-patched matchmaking, cz youre finaly wining 80% even though u solo in teamQ.

c) you are “bad tourny player”. blabla call me elitist, but in the lower percentiles basicaly anything can happen due to one r7.

Please use the brain in your head to think again, how this is interesting and fun.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: mimec.6719

mimec.6719

Gnarlie Sheen was here…

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

And still no answers from devs. Guess Player vs Point deemed as perfectly normal playstyle.

I’ve played against Grouch on a decap engi in team Q. I assume that decap engis are perfectly valid in Anet’s eyes.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in here and mention that one of the ways for us to access a build’s strength is to get in and play it ourselves. Grouch playing decap doesn’t correlate with the balance team thinking this build is in a good place in sPvP. You’d be surprised how some of us feel about it in reality.

I thought you guys should know I’m writing an e-mail to the team as we speak about its prevalence and perception in the game. You guys have done a great job messaging out against the build, it’s gotten our attention. No promises on things changing about this build in the near future but you might see some things get better/worse with the secret changes coming in for the feature build that will potentially address this.

Thanks again for all the discussion on various topics. It may seem as if we don’t read these forums anymore but in reality we have a very loaded patch we’ve been slaving on for the past few months.

-Tyler

Great, more nerfs based on a stupid gimmick in a gimmicky gamemode.

Yah, thats going to be great. Oh, maybe you could also get on Warriors? Pretty sure theyve been on the top of the list of… everywhere. For well over half a year now even.

Oh any news on the two of four ability types that are kitten or flat out broken? No? Didnt think so…

Just lovely.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

the more i read the more i think ppl doesn’t know what they are talking about. a lot of arguing but noone made the point. The problem is not AR trait, this is a problem in the game mechanic like ele diamond skin or warrior berserker stance so engi doesn’tt differ from other’s builds, nor the survival traits the profession can deploy in a fight. It’s about the CC SPAM and only. You can’t litterally stand on thie point if you’r not a clas with Stability and even if you got it the stability cooldown cannot match the CC spam colldown. No animation on cc spam, so pls, avoid the kitten sentence “you only have to dodge it right”. You cannot damage em at all if you want to stay on the point cause you stay perma-knocked-back, you eat the ground all the time. So you have to get out of the circle and damage from distance but doesn’t help at all cause you give him the point. It’s only, i repeat, only about cc spam, give cc spam to any other class let it go to bunker build and you have onother necro decapper, onother ranger decapper and so on. If you want to nerf this build increase the Cooldown of Shield number 4 skill, rifle number 4 and flamethrower 3 and give ’em a clear animation. The bomb can be easly dodged at least.

I think people know what they are talking about. I just do not think you understand what the real problem is. So you want to utterly rip apart the engineers abilities because it takes two people to take a node?

In the past engis only had one role for a team and that was to roam. Unfortunately that is not the best class at it. Now that engis adapted to all the the crappy AI, and warrior meta you want us to get nerfed? Are you serious? Cant we be the be the best option for something for once?

Give it some time. People will counter and when they do, the cycle will repeat and their will be players just like you crying for a nerf and start a thread just like this one.

(edited by AphoticEssance.7592)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Decap engi has been very strong for quite some time, perhaps too strong. But what happened to cause people to finally complain about it?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Also, you are referring to 1 v 1 situations. What you are basically saying is that a decap engi bunker should always lose in a 1 v 1 and die faster. Then why is that not true of other bunkers?

Bunkers are meant to hold your points and support not to go 1v1 vs another bunker (Or whatever) defending his point, decapping him (And even capping it) while being unkillable 1v1…there’s a big difference from defending a point that is already yours and contesting…and it’s not hard to get.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Decap engi has been very strong for quite some time, perhaps too strong. But what happened to cause people to finally complain about it?

Because bads figured out how easy and effective it is and now the whole freaking tpvp is full of that crap…that’s the main reason, oh and yes…because it’s broken, not worldwide broken as warriors, but terribly op when put into conquest mode. (Noone gives a kitten to decappers in hj for sure)

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d say mostly that a lot of people have been trying it. Once they realized it took no skill to dominate, they kept playing it.

Then it just cycles from there. People hear how easy it is to play and jump on the bandwagon.

Same story with every fotm spec.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

the more i read the more i think ppl doesn’t know what they are talking about. a lot of arguing but noone made the point. The problem is not AR trait, this is a problem in the game mechanic like ele diamond skin or warrior berserker stance so engi doesn’tt differ from other’s builds, nor the survival traits the profession can deploy in a fight. It’s about the CC SPAM and only. You can’t litterally stand on thie point if you’r not a clas with Stability and even if you got it the stability cooldown cannot match the CC spam colldown. No animation on cc spam, so pls, avoid the kitten sentence “you only have to dodge it right”. You cannot damage em at all if you want to stay on the point cause you stay perma-knocked-back, you eat the ground all the time. So you have to get out of the circle and damage from distance but doesn’t help at all cause you give him the point. It’s only, i repeat, only about cc spam, give cc spam to any other class let it go to bunker build and you have onother necro decapper, onother ranger decapper and so on. If you want to nerf this build increase the Cooldown of Shield number 4 skill, rifle number 4 and flamethrower 3 and give ’em a clear animation. The bomb can be easly dodged at least.

I think people know what they are talking about. I just do not think you understand what the real problem is. So you want to utterly rip apart the engineers abilities because it takes two people to take a node?

In the past engis only had one role for a team and that was to roam. Unfortunately that is not the best class at it. Now that engis adapted to all the the crappy AI, and warrior meta you want us to get nerfed? Are you serious? Cant we be the be the best option for something for once?

Give it some time. People will counter and when they do, the cycle will repeat and their will be players just like you crying for a nerf and start a thread just like this one.

Spotted! Decap engi user. It’s all about counter, there’s no counter to that build and to the role he plays. I’m not saying the engy must not have a role but there must be a counter to that role and many in this discussion have proved it without counting the ones who paly it. I play it, i’m not good at it but i say it needs a nerf. Now what i stated in the post before is that all suggestions have been proposed are not the point but to counter, again, it you have to do something about cc spam. Having 1 weapon and a kit giving knockback with 15sec of CD wthout counting the more utilities and kit wich gives other knockback is op and with no counter. Bunkering can be done and is a game mechanic but this is something different.

Gandara

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i dont mind decap engi unless you put them with me in skyhammer when they decap you and also pull or push you to death lol so IMBA but im not against them. i think Anet should just removed the ability to switch toon during game to avoid players from switching to decap engis if its skyhammer map in soloQ. in Tpvp they are not really the big of a deal coz you can pressure them and eventually die.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1790

Pride.1790

Heya to all the Community.
I started reading this topic and I’d like to express my opinion about it.

I’m the inventor of the Engi decapper (the role and all builds)
I have played for 5 months only Engi decapper and I have never seen so many engies decapper like now in Team/Solo Que.

1)I can only say that I never respected the META and now I’m happy to be the inventor of a build that keeps engies in META.
Do you like a game where only Warriors Guardians and Thieves still playing? (always talking about PvP).
I know that devs have in project to rework many classes for making them more competitive and we all hope this project will be implemented as soon as possible but I personally don’t want to adapt myself to the META. I want to have fun with the class I enjoy more.
2) Are you asking about a nerf of Decapper Engies or what?
So maybe explain how u would like to nerf it cuz I don’t have any idea.
I have passed many many time doing tests in Custom Arenas for making a build but it’s all together that makes an Engi Decapper strong.
So maybe nerf AR? In my point of view I hardly ever use AR (be less than 25% life) on my engi I think if it will be nerfed I won’t have any problems.
So maybe nerf some traits? Which ones?
In my opinion u cannot simply complain about a problem beacuse u cannot counter it. Find a way to counter it. There are several ways to counter an engy decapper guys.
The problem is : if u want to nerf Engi Decapper devs should rework all the class.
3)In my opinion you should try to play it, is not easy. U cannot say braindead and usefull class without make a test of it. I have passed 5 months of game training and improve with this spec and now it can be usefull. I have never said warrior hambow braindead and usefull class beacuse for use it well u need lot of time of train.

The problem is: there is a difference to USE a class and USE a class WELL.
Any class on this game can be usefull if u can use it well. If u believe that every Engi Decapper can be usefull try it now but I want to see you on top of ladder. (I’m 15 atm) (I can pass you the build I have no problems )
And remember that WE are playing one of the greatest PvP ever seen in MMORPGs and it’s useless continuing nerf classes.
Enjoy the game

Decap Engi

in PvP

AphoticEssance.7592

Spotted! Decap engi user. It’s all about counter, there’s no counter to that build and to the role he plays. I’m not saying the engy must not have a role but there must be a counter to that role and many in this discussion have proved it without counting the ones who paly it. I play it, i’m not good at it but i say it needs a nerf. Now what i stated in the post before is that all suggestions have been proposed are not the point but to counter, again, it you have to do something about cc spam. Having 1 weapon and a kit giving knockback with 15sec of CD wthout counting the more utilities and kit wich gives other knockback is op and with no counter. Bunkering can be done and is a game mechanic but this is something different.

And what do you main sir? Warrior, Thief, Guard, Ranger, Necro? All those professions have some pretty cheesy builds that are used in sPvP.

I main engi and guard. I like to roam and bunker. It has taken me a long time as a player to develop an effective way to bunker on my engi. All the nerfs that were handed to the roamer engi paired with all the buffs to other classes made the engi much less effective as a roamer. So, instead of complaining about it I adapted.

I get it trust me. Fighting a decap engi is very frustrating. So is getting feared of a node and having your health drained to zero at the same time. I encounter decap engi all the time when I am trying to bunker on my Guard, but instead of crying nerf I counter. You saying that you can not counter them is wrong. This is build wars after all. Perhaps you have a build that does not do well vs. decap engi.

Have you ever played engi? If not play engi for a few days and notice how easy it is to see what an engi is doing. Most of the engi’s abilities are easily noticeable and if you time your skills right the fight for a node will be a wash.

There are plenty of counters for this build. Perhaps your just trying to win an argument and not really listening. Sure I can decap as an engi on this build. So can necros, guards etc. That is not enough of a reason to nerf a profession.

If your just coming on here to complain because decap engis are frusterating to fight, I understand. However, please do not say that there is no counter for a decap engi, that just looks bad.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Everyone is the inventor of this build. A guy on my server has been playing this build with AR for 8 months.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

And what do you main sir? Warrior, Thief, Guard, Ranger, Necro? All those professions have some pretty cheesy builds that are used in sPvP.

I main engi and guard. I like to roam and bunker. It has taken me a long time as a player to develop an effective way to bunker on my engi. All the nerfs that were handed to the roamer engi paired with all the buffs to other classes made the engi much less effective as a roamer. So, instead of complaining about it I adapted.

I get it trust me. Fighting a decap engi is very frustrating. So is getting feared of a node and having your health drained to zero at the same time. I encounter decap engi all the time when I am trying to bunker on my Guard, but instead of crying nerf I counter. You saying that you can not counter them is wrong. This is build wars after all. Perhaps you have a build that does not do well vs. decap engi.

Have you ever played engi? If not play engi for a few days and notice how easy it is to see what an engi is doing. Most of the engi’s abilities are easily noticeable and if you time your skills right the fight for a node will be a wash.

There are plenty of counters for this build. Perhaps your just trying to win an argument and not really listening. Sure I can decap as an engi on this build. So can necros, guards etc. That is not enough of a reason to nerf a profession.

If your just coming on here to complain because decap engis are frusterating to fight, I understand. However, please do not say that there is no counter for a decap engi, that just looks bad.

Decap falls right in line with the current meta. The low risk/high reward abomination or the “cheese” meta as I like to call it.

Decap Engi

in PvP

AphoticEssance.7592

I have played for 5 months only Engi decapper and I have never seen so many engies decapper like now in Team/Solo Que.

1)I can only say that I never respected the META and now I’m happy to be the inventor of a build that keeps engies in META.
Do you like a game where only Warriors Guardians and Thieves still playing? (always talking about PvP).
I know that devs have in project to rework many classes for making them more competitive and we all hope this project will be implemented as soon as possible but I personally don’t want to adapt myself to the META. I want to have fun with the class I enjoy more.
I have passed many many time doing tests in Custom Arenas for making a build but it’s all together that makes an Engi Decapper strong.
So maybe nerf AR? In my point of view I hardly ever use AR (be less than 25% life) on my engi I think if it will be nerfed I won’t have any problems.
In my opinion u cannot simply complain about a problem beacuse u cannot counter it. Find a way to counter it. There are several ways to counter an engy decapper guys.
The problem is : if u want to nerf Engi Decapper devs should rework all the class.
3)In my opinion you should try to play it, is not easy. U cannot say braindead and usefull class without make a test of it. I have passed 5 months of game training and improve with this spec and now it can be usefull. I have never said warrior hambow braindead and usefull class beacuse for use it well u need lot of time of train.

Any class on this game can be usefull if u can use it well. If u believe that every Engi Decapper can be usefull try it now but I want to see you on top of ladder. (I’m 15 atm) (I can pass you the build I have no problems )
And remember that WE are playing one of the greatest PvP ever seen in MMORPGs and it’s useless continuing nerf classes.
Enjoy the game

I agree with most of what you said but wait…Let me get this strait. You are claiming to be the inventor of the decap engi? I am sure I probably am not the first to bunker engi to play this way but I think it is a bold statement to say that you are the inventor. I guess you can take credit for it if you would like. I am sure your the only person to slap together all the cc you can into one build…..

I have been running my current bunker build since before June when I tried to form a premade with my guild. (I know this because I checked the date of my guild posting) Back then I had three different variations that used either thumper, mines, or bombs. There was no testing or crazy thought process behind it. All I cared about was making a build for taking and keeping a node. It is not rocket science.

I have many people ask me about the build in game and I graciously gave it perhaps you were one of those guys. Or perhaps you stumbled along something that other people were already doing like myself.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Pride.1790

@AphoticEssance
Well the point that I’d like to underline with my post is not that i’m the inventor of Engi Decapper but was about the complaining about this type of Engi. I don’t care if you don’t want to believe that i’m the inventor, it was just to make sure you belive me on what I was saying. Sorry if I did not focus well what was the question.
Regards

Decap Engi

in PvP

AphoticEssance.7592

@AphoticEssance
Well the point that I’d like to underline with my post is not that i’m the inventor of Engi Decapper but was about the complaining about this type of Engi. I don’t care if you don’t want to believe that i’m the inventor, it was just to make sure you belive me on what I was saying. Sorry if I did not focus well what was the question.
Regards

Yeah don’t get me wrong I agree with what you were saying. After reading this thread I am glad that I am not the only one with the same perspective.

I was starting to lose hope that there are people out there excited that the decap/far point role for the engi is starting to materialize in team comps. I am excited when I see a shift in a meta. It keeps the game from being stale.

Hopefully Anet shows the ele the right amount of love and we can more of see them as well.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Decap engi is only strong because 9 out of 10 players all player bunker in spvp solo q and team q. Yes its hard for a bunker to kill another bunker no matter what class. A thief shatter mesmer zerker ele etc can take a decap engi down in seconds. Nobody plays damage builds anymore though accept for a few thieves here and there.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Chaba.5410

I want to emphasize that decap is not a new kind of build. It’s just that the meta has changed around it and made it more prominent.

Here is an engi bunker build for tPvP that a fellow NERF member used last spring/summer, one of the builds he used to get his Champ Genius title. It has many of the same features as decap engi.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZnsShF17IxoCdO0D8bY1K6R+tsjB-ToAA1CtIsRZjzGjNSbs2MIYWC

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Enjoy the game

EU has been playing this for months. For that matter I had a build nearly identical build in 2012. You aren’t the inventor no one is sure who that is. Just like all builds in this game someone else probably played it first.

2nd you obviously haven’t played decap engi much or your not top ~1000. AR comes in the play in about 50 percent of all fights. Necro engi and ranger (I can stay above 25 percent against most rangers) (mesmer is rare ele non-existent, guardians don’t count as anything in the fight)

Don’t say you read the thread and then ask wtf the entire point of it is…

The nerf to AR prevents the hard counter. The issue with decap engi is it 100% condition builds. No one should be able to fight 1v4 for 8-12 minutes (its happened).
Once thats gone it has counter play and can be killed 1v1 against a power build (thief) and condi (any condi build).

Obviously a troll as pvp in gw2 has been degrading for ages. Yes it has potential for 2020.

Why would you re-do an entire class just for 1 OP build? I am starting to dis-believe everything you posted.

There is only 1 counter to decap engi and its a good thief.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Pride.1790

@JinDaVikk
I’m not sure that u have understood the utility of an Engi Decapper if u talk me about Team Fight. If u keep an Engi Decapper in a team fight u probably wrong all
Than I’m sure that in team fight AR is quite useless beacuse if u become the target there are many ways to keep you down.
2nd And a good thief will never counter an Engi Decapper, probably with a big mistake.
Best regards

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

here’s a video of a zerker ranger beating a decap bunker engi. the fight only lasted half a min. anet should focus on nerfing condi-warriors bigtime, instead. seriously.

i’m sorry about the sound. i was using a laptop and you could here me pressing the keys.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Marsuew.8216

Marsuew.8216

Decap engi is only strong because 9 out of 10 players all player bunker in spvp solo q and team q. Yes its hard for a bunker to kill another bunker no matter what class. A thief shatter mesmer zerker ele etc can take a decap engi down in seconds. Nobody plays damage builds anymore though accept for a few thieves here and there.

Actually, there are tons of pure DPS build can kill decap engi easily, but also be killed by thief or shatter mesmer easily since they can stealth. And you know, almost team got a thief, so it makes harder to counter decap engis.

A decap engi have many strong way that makes bad players feel impossible to counter, such as:
1. Bomb Kit: easy kite melee attackers, and could keep spam AOE heal, not every profession got a viable range DPS build, so it makes decap engi 1v1 stronger than other bunkers.
2. CC: I’ve tried a decap engi use [Bomb kit- Tool kit- Elixir Gun], that means I got only 2 knockback from rifle and bomb kit, rifle sometimes LoS if that’s a good player, but still many ppl don’t know how to avoid that, same as Big O’l Bomb. Amount of CC skills isn’t the problem, I can also decap easily while I play condi-burst-engi, and it’s a strong 1v1 build.
3. AR: people thought its’ too strong, but actually useless if enemies only play power-based DPS. And if you met a condi-burst DPS which currently only necro and engi could do that, AR didn’t helps since decap engi didn’t got lot of condition removal.
4. Stealth: yeah, stealth, I don’t rely on AR since it’s really useless, and 25% is too dangerous if there’s a thief. With smoke field and rifle 5, you can easily got 3 secs stealth to escape, I tried to used it kiting a DPS guarian + a hambow warrior + a shatter mesmer, and not being killed.

Decap engi isn’t that strong, but in this meta, it’s hard to counter.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Can.9234

Can.9234

Thieves are still the main and only issue. Not in the 1v1 sense but that they alone can rotate back quickly enough to make my attempt useless.

yeah u better run away seeing 1 of us.. and Anet remove automated response pls.

(edited by Can.9234)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Pride.1790

@JinDaVikk
In my opinion u should not say “LOL so many people so dumb”.
If u think so, you can leave this topic and go away, we have no problem to continue this discussion without your presence if u think u are superior saying to the others dumb.
Everybody is free to play what he thinks is better. There is not a rule that says NO bombs or YES elixir C. It’s all about the composition of the other team. I don’t want to flame , I never flame, but next time first of writing a thing like that, write “in my opinion”.
Thank You
@Everybody
I have got 3 different engies with 3 different builds on my account beacuse there is not a build that can be effective against all. You should provide the best build in the best situation.
Example: in the other team there are one ranger spirit (conditions) and one necromancer (conditions) you should take elixir C with you beacuse it can be usefull.
On the other side if there is a mesmer and a thief u should take bombs with you for stealth yourself and immobilize for escape.
I think the only skill that is the same in every build is Elixir X (the elitè) beacuse allows you to be more protected and decap as well.
Regards

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

LOL so many people so dumb.

For starters NO decap engi should use elix s unless in skyhammer.
Next p/s is kittened. Rifle is ez decap and is far superior.

Elix gun shouldn’t be used either. I c how stun break + heal can be helpful…. but not worth it. You need the CC and stun break isn’t as good when using melandru.

Big bomb is so ez to dodge, block, blind, invuln, evade etc. ANY ranger thief or guardian worth anything would never get hit by it.
FT on the other hand is lower cd and has no animation until after the CC.

Dying to a mesmer 1v1 shouldn’t happen. I don’t. I can’t full cap very well due to the amount of pressure being put out but if I kite off point (after decap) its easy to survive forever in that 1v1. At the very least Ill win that over time.

Thieves are still the main and only issue. Not in the 1v1 sense but that they alone can rotate back quickly enough to make my attempt useless.

don’t bother explaining it, 1 knock back is all you need to be called a decap engineer now days, ive been playing HGH zerker and im still apparently a decap engineer even though my only knock back is from the rifle.

Are you this dude who I called out for playing decap and said “well you see actually I don’t have bomb kit so I’m not true decap” despite having flamethrower, toolkit, rifle, auto immune and throw mine for stability? Because I see a lot of sumo engis in denial.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

@AphoticEssance
I main a ranger and i have tried all the builds possible on that, power, signet, zerker, bM, spirit i like to change and try all the builds in a charter just to find new playstile and have fun. I play Thief, warrior, Engineer as well (i have already said i play engineer before but you don’t read). Anyway i can’t be accused to play only cheesy build to have an easy life. When i say a decap engy is gamebreaking and no countered, i know what i’m taling about. And to be clear, builds linked before and videos are not a decap build, a good decapper uses rifle and flamethrower with 15sec cd( no traited) on knockdown skills, the other skill are on choice: bomb for heals, toolkit for a block and a pull, or maybe a thumper turret. Rifle and flamethrower got no animation and no castin, are istant….where’s the noticeable skill? and even if would be noticeable the spamm is so high you would get out of endurance. I have already siad that but ,again, you don’t read.
You stated this build is very frustrating to play against, it’s true. It’s a big issue, ppl must have fun playing a game and when you stay 90% of the time on the ground is not fun at all and in a game like gw2 that already got problems with players management…
At moment i’m playing this build i’ll lame and annoy ppl until something will be done.
Ppl inventing builds… to be hones i’m the really one who invented the light bulb, really.
I’m not vs a bunker engy, it’s a game machanic good or bad i’m not here to state that and the point of the topic isn’t bunkering, for me angies could even be the new guardian. I’m here to say that decap engies must be nerfed for knockback spam only.
AR is a problem as well but is a problem shared with other classes.

Gandara

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

Big bomb is so ez to dodge, block, blind, invuln, evade etc.

DUuuudee… make a big norn/char character and wear a big coat – stand on top of BOB so they can’t see it – problem solved!

Decap Engi

in PvP

Chaba.5410

don’t bother explaining it, 1 knock back is all you need to be called a decap engineer now days, ive been playing HGH zerker and im still apparently a decap engineer even though my only knock back is from the rifle.

Knockback not even needed. Running a non-decap engi build, some guy accused me of being decap because he thought I was using Bombkit. I guess he mistook Acid Bomb… Ah, hotjoin.

Chaba Tangnu

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

Automated response is getting nerfed look at patch notes

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Vapula.8210

Vapula.8210

I feel like the only bunker the community will accept at this point is a bunker guard. Never mind that they can also decap and have better condi removal and stability, and require 2+ to kill. The amount of rage at bunker engis who use knock backs is extreme at this point, and I expect after the patch, automated response will get the same treatment that kit refinement got, flamethrower and overcharged shot will have cast time and clear animation, and it will just be a better choice to bunker as a guard if that’s the role you want. Would these changes be fair? Maybe, it will put some ability to counter it for non double stability warriors and thieves. But I don’t think its as bad as these 7 pages have made it sound, especially with its obvious weaknesses.

Jared Kincaid

Decap Engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

I feel like the only bunker the community will accept at this point is a bunker guard. Never mind that they can also decap and have better condi removal and stability, and require 2+ to kill. The amount of rage at bunker engis who use knock backs is extreme at this point, and I expect after the patch, automated response will get the same treatment that kit refinement got, flamethrower and overcharged shot will have cast time and clear animation, and it will just be a better choice to bunker as a guard if that’s the role you want. Would these changes be fair? Maybe, it will put some ability to counter it for non double stability warriors and thieves. But I don’t think its as bad as these 7 pages have made it sound, especially with its obvious weaknesses.

a bunker guard is no match vs a home node defender spirit ranger. just saying. thanks.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Elix gun shouldn’t be used either. I c how stun break + heal can be helpful…. but not worth it. You need the CC and stun break isn’t as good when using melandru.

Big bomb is so ez to dodge, block, blind, invuln, evade etc. ANY ranger thief or guardian worth anything would never get hit by it.

Dying to a mesmer 1v1 shouldn’t happen. I don’t. I can’t full cap very well due to the amount of pressure being put out but if I kite off point (after decap) its easy to survive forever in that 1v1. At the very least Ill win that over time.

Oh the irony. -Backpack

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

Decap Engi

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Enjoy the game

EU has been playing this for months. For that matter I had a build nearly identical build in 2012. You aren’t the inventor no one is sure who that is. Just like all builds in this game someone else probably played it first.

2nd you obviously haven’t played decap engi much or your not top ~1000. AR comes in the play in about 50 percent of all fights. Necro engi and ranger (I can stay above 25 percent against most rangers) (mesmer is rare ele non-existent, guardians don’t count as anything in the fight)

Don’t say you read the thread and then ask wtf the entire point of it is…

The nerf to AR prevents the hard counter. The issue with decap engi is it 100% condition builds. No one should be able to fight 1v4 for 8-12 minutes (its happened).
Once thats gone it has counter play and can be killed 1v1 against a power build (thief) and condi (any condi build).

Obviously a troll as pvp in gw2 has been degrading for ages. Yes it has potential for 2020.

Why would you re-do an entire class just for 1 OP build? I am starting to dis-believe everything you posted.

There is only 1 counter to decap engi and its a good thief.

not true. a decap engi is no match vs a power ranger. if the ranger timed his skills correctly, he could kill the bunker engi in seconds. it’s the same as fighting a bunker guard but the chances of winning the fight is much higher vs a bunker engineer.

Decap Engi

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

According to today’s leaked patch notes decap engi got some nice buffs.

Kite refinement 4s magnetic aura for med kit + 10s cd. This if possible to micro manage could be very very very strong.

Aegis cd from15s to 10s. LOL another good buff.

Lame buff but toolkit 2 got cooldown reduced.

Nerf: AR went down 5 percent. Easier to get condition bursted…
O wait necros got nerfed. lol

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

According to today’s leaked patch notes decap engi got some nice buffs.

Kite refinement 4s magnetic aura for med kit + 10s cd. This if possible to micro manage could be very very very strong.

Aegis cd from15s to 10s. LOL another good buff.

Lame buff but toolkit 2 got cooldown reduced.

Nerf: AR went down 5 percent. Easier to get condition bursted…
O wait necros got nerfed. lol

Actually I´d be more concerned about the 10 sec of fire shield engineer is supposed to get with flame thrower and KR on a 10s CD AND the cooldown reduction on napalm and incendiary ammo…
Decap engineers with lot of burning and might anyone?

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lescansy.6174

Lescansy.6174

Wooohooo: Healing-Turret has now 10s cd?

Decap Engi

in PvP

JinDaVikk.7291

my version of decap does 0 damage. So I don’t bother.
The nearly 40 percent uptime on projectile reflect will be beyond broken with decap though, remember the warrior sword 5 bug> nearly as bad as that. Except im a bunker to begin with.

Now you may have a point. There may be a possibly of using might stacking to do enough damage. but at that point I’d rather run engi with rifle and normal condi build and accomplish same exact thing.

Team Radioactive
Causing cancer all day.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Are you this dude who I called out for playing decap and said “well you see actually I don’t have bomb kit so I’m not true decap” despite having flamethrower, toolkit, rifle, auto immune and throw mine for stability? Because I see a lot of sumo engis in denial.

no I play hgh zerker, I do have a decap build I play and I’ll admit it’s decap if called out, but 90% of the time I’m hgh zerker and it’s only knock back is from rifle 4# skill.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Decap Engi

in PvP

Terrahero.9358

engi got some nice buffs.

And this right here is why these patchnotes are obviously fake.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

We have to hope about that, because if not – it will be pointless to play anyone except engi.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I don’t play decap build, and I wouldn’t mind it being nerfed in some ways, but for the love of god, please don’t do to engi what you did to elementalist. Elementalist had one seriously overpowered build and the way they handled the rebalancing is by making the class a waste of slot. Don’t hammer the class as if it looked like a nail, please.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Decap Engi

in PvP

Terrahero.9358

We have to hope about that, because if not – it will be pointless to play anyone except engi.

There is so much wrong with those patchnotes i dont have to hope theyre wrong.

Not to mention a community manager coming out and making a thread to say these patchnotes are fake, thats the first time ive ever seen them do that.
Basicly you can kiss any believability goodbye if that denial turned out to be a big lie and these notes are infact true.

Which is why theyve never outright refuted previous leaked patchnotes that turned out to be true.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I might be playing it wrong, but decap engineers running an incendiary powder variant are becoming increasingly difficult to handle as a d/p thief. The burning, even running full bunker, does a hefty amount of damage if not cleansed, and if you do wish to cleanse it, it requires hide in shadows (puts you in stealth→decap) or shadow return.

Decap engis are also becoming smarter, using box of nails when blackpowder is dropped.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Oh the sweet tears

Attachments:

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Decap engis are also becoming smarter, using box of nails when blackpowder is dropped.

Its…Its…ITS ALIVE!!!! Seriously, this build needs to die a fiery death, and it is pathetic that it exists. I am sad that like every game has about 3-5 decap engies in it simply because of the strength it brings to a team-fight. Its funny, because they are pretty much useless on Khylo (just stand against the fence and do not give that position up).

Also, just to make everyone feel better that every scumbag in the game runs this, a small anecdote:

It made my night tonight fighting against a decap engie on point with my bunker-condi ele, when right before this player uses his Overcharged shot – Magnetic shield. It was hilarious watching this guy not only blow himself back once, but get hit by his own reflected bullet and go flying an additional 450. If only I could reflect even more.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Its…Its…ITS ALIVE!!!! Seriously, this build needs to die a fiery death, and it is pathetic that it exists. I am sad that like every game has about 3-5 decap engies in it simply because of the strength it brings to a team-fight. Its funny, because they are pretty much useless on Khylo (just stand against the fence and do not give that position up).

Also, just to make everyone feel better that every scumbag in the game runs this, a small anecdote:

It made my night tonight fighting against a decap engie on point with my bunker-condi ele, when right before this player uses his Overcharged shot – Magnetic shield. It was hilarious watching this guy not only blow himself back once, but get hit by his own reflected bullet and go flying an additional 450. If only I could reflect even more.

i witnessed skyhammer engi pulling himself into hole due to reflect… was priceless

someone made suggestion, that as long as you stand on point you won’t get knocked back but knocked down, i do like that idea… that would kill decap engi all together

same should go for hammer platform, you should get knocked down but not pulled on those – suddenly skyhammer is playable wat?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

So many people complaining about the wrong specs. Not every engineer is using decap build. Just because they knockback or pull you once, does not make it so. A good decap will have you CC’d chained for very long periods because they stack it in all their utility slots. What annoys me is that this is going to get my other specs reduced as a whole because of these stack builds.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Decap engi is a horrible build, there is no counterplay for the majority of builds/classes. It´s only good for diversity and only aslong as it stays out of meta.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

So many people complaining about the wrong specs. Not every engineer is using decap build. Just because they knockback or pull you once, does not make it so. A good decap will have you CC’d chained for very long periods because they stack it in all their utility slots. What annoys me is that this is going to get my other specs reduced as a whole because of these stack builds.

If they have toolkit, rifle, and thumper turret (with multiple options for last slot) and deal no damage but survive for a very long time, they are playing decap.

PS: I know that isn’t the only option for utils, but people know when they are fighting a bunker that just spams cc for days.