Let's talk about Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I will repeat.

People whine about warriors because it is way to easy to play and way to easy to stomp bad players. And majority(vaste majority) of gw2 spvp playerbase rightnow and past 3 month are bad.

remove kitten lyssa from game and all happy.

Warriors have as much mobility as a thief, the best health regen in the game, (and it’s passive!), the second best access to stability, heavy armor, some of the best condition removal in the game, and an AoE fire field that can permanently cover an entire node.

Give any profession that much capability and they’ll WTFstomp everyone else.

It’s dumb.

Oh yeah, those 30/30/30/30/30 warriors who use Greatsword/Sword/Sword/Longbow are insane! Second best access to stability? We have two stability utility that people actually use, most builds don’t take them both. One is a 60 second cooldown (48 traited – which most builds also don’t trait) the other is a 40 second cooldown. Both are 8 second durations.

We have good condition removal, I will give you that. Do you know why we were given good condition removal? It’s because we couldn’t stand in a group fight without melting before it was added.

Warrior already took a bunch of nerfs last patch. It is ridiculous that you bad players are STILL complaining and making up magical perfect builds with every weapon to claim warrior has everything. I’m surprised you didn’t also claim warrior has overpowered cc all in the same build. Might want to add that next time!

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I will repeat.

People whine about warriors because it is way to easy to play and way to easy to stomp bad players. And majority(vaste majority) of gw2 spvp playerbase rightnow and past 3 month are bad.

Warriors have as much mobility as a thief, the best health regen in the game, (and it’s passive!), the second best access to stability, heavy armor, some of the best condition removal in the game, and an AoE fire field that can permanently cover an entire node.

It’s dumb.

Oh yeah, those 30/30/30/30/30 warriors who use Greatsword/Sword/Sword/Longbow are insane! Second best access to stability? We have two stability utility that people actually use, most builds don’t take them both. One is a 60 second cooldown (48 traited – which most builds also don’t trait) the other is a 40 second cooldown. Both are 8 second durations.

We have good condition removal, I will give you that. Do you know why we were given good condition removal? It’s because we couldn’t stand in a group fight without melting before it was added.

Warrior already took a bunch of nerfs last patch. It is ridiculous that you bad players are STILL complaining and making up magical perfect builds with every weapon to claim warrior has everything. I’m surprised you didn’t also claim warrior has overpowered cc all in the same build. Might want to add that next time!

0/0/30/30/10 -sword/horn + lb + celestial + Lyssa.

The bad players aren’t complaining. The bad ones are all playing warrior.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

Deimos you just need to realise one thing.

They probably have more matches with their main class and when their class was represented in top tier class they never create a topic to nerf their class.

Welcome to GW2 forums.

Nice to read this , because it probably applies to you and most warrioirs posting here.

You dont need to have 10K game as warrior to see the imbalance of this class.Every decent player which have acheived top 100 team Q on europe know this.
I ve been playing at competitive lvl since February/March 2013 , and ppl like Empathetic Fighter are not clueless about game state.They are very experienced players and they play more than 1 class , which gives them a good overview of the current meta imbalances.
It would be really nice if you could answer to Silferas statements by having valid arguments , and not saying every time that we want to see warriors nerfed becuz we are unable to kill them considering how bad players we are.
Should i remind you that every top players @tpvp thinks there is a problem with warrioirs , all comeptitive team left this game.

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Deimos you just need to realise one thing.

They probably have more matches with their main class and when their class was represented in top tier class they never create a topic to nerf their class.

Welcome to GW2 forums.

Nice to read this , because it probably applies to you and most warrioirs posting here.

You dont need to have 10K game as warrior to see the imbalance of this class.Every decent player which have acheived top 100 team Q on europe know this.
I ve been playing at competitive lvl since February/March 2013 , and ppl like Empathetic Fighter are not clueless about game state.They are very experienced players and they play more than 1 class , which gives them a good overview of the current meta imbalances.
It would be really nice if you could answer to Silferas statements by having valid arguments , and not saying every time that we want to see warriors nerfed becuz we are unable to kill them considering how bad players we are.
Should i remind you that every top players @tpvp thinks there is a problem with warrioirs , all comeptitive team left this game.

I know. Its the other players that are clueless.

All competitive team started to left the game a long time ago. Not just now.
And yes you dont need to have 10K games with one class to see the strenghts and weekness of the class. But before fix your own class.

Edit: What valid statment silferas made?

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I will repeat.

It’s dumb.

Yep, crap build that I see very few players running. I will give you this, it’s good at duels and that is mostly where I see it, dueling servers. We all know dueling servers are serious business, let’s balance the game around them!

Top teams leaving was happening long before warrior getting buffs, and most of remainder left because of the condi spam meta, not because of warriors. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Too few good answers on the OP.
Too many PvE/WvW and Beginners trashtalking.: Think Mesmer is superior to Warrior in capture points, think mesmer is easy to play, don’t understand how mesmer actually works, but write things like: “The main source of damage in a shatter build are phantasms”.
With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk.

Mesmer is easy to play, a good mesmer destroys good warriors.

“With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk”

Agree with this one.

Mesmer is actually the most difficult class to play… at least shatter mesmers. But in hotjoin and soloq you won’t recognize this fact, because everything there is easy to play, because ppl can’t play.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk.

Yeah and we are going to go far with feedback from self-proclaimed professionals which is riddled with ignorance.

How many times do you get hit by shatters? How many dodges do you have for phantasm attacks and the bleeds from illusions in general?

If more people actually learned how the game works, there’d be much less whining about balance and much less focus on what this game actually lacks to become satisfying for PvPers.

The most threatening damage in gw2 comes from sources that are hardest to avoid, rather than the big sledgehammer attacks, which is why we have such a mess with AI, procs and conditions in general. When you realize that, you will have made progress.

(edited by Slim.3024)

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Too many PvE/WvW and Beginners trashtalking.: Think Mesmer is superior to Warrior in capture points, think mesmer is easy to play, don’t understand how mesmer actually works, but write things like: “The main source of damage in a shatter build are phantasms”.

“With feedback like that, Balance will never be achieved, because A-Net is actually listening to trash-talk”

Agree with this one.

Mesmer is actually the most difficult class to play… at least shatter mesmers. But in hotjoin and soloq you won’t recognize this fact, because everything there is easy to play, because ppl can’t play.

No. Elementalist is the most dificult class to play. You just need to realise something:

OP said that warriors are OP in risk vs reward, when he plays a mesmer, the class that rely on phantasm/ilusions/high damage skills with distorcion to deal damage.

Thats why i said that he needs to clean his house first before coming here talking about risk vs reward on the other classes.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Yeah and we are going to go far with feedback from self-proclaimed professionals which is riddled with ignorance.

How many times do you get hit by shatters? How many dodges do you have for phantasm attacks and the bleeds from illusions in general?

If more people actually learned how the game works, there’d be much less whining about balance and much less focus on what this game actually lacks to become satisfying for PvPers.

The most threatening damage in gw2 comes from sources that are hardest to avoid, rather than the big sledgehammer attacks, which is why we have such a mess with AI, procs and conditions in general. When you realize that, you will have made progress.

Well, the topic here is not about AI , which I find a pretty bad design too. However, easy to play builds without a risk-reward-system will not only have bad effects on balance and meta, but also create an anti-fun-environment. Phantasm-Mesmer is one of these builds, but is useless in a team-viewed aspect. The warrior on the other side is not. That’s why the focus is nowadys on warrior and it’s healing-signet. If it wouldn’t be warrior it’d probably be necro and it’s insane damage through added burning, torment and fear-damage.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Agree with this one.

No. Elementalist is the most dificult class to play. You just need to realise something:

OP said that warriors are OP in risk vs reward, when he plays a mesmer, the class that rely on phantasm/ilusions/high damage skills with distorcion to deal damage.

Thats why i said that he needs to clean his house first before coming here talking about risk vs reward on the other classes.

The ele is definitely not the hardest class to play, but people like you think it is, because it is a pretty useless class at the moment and dies in seconds. Last year People like you told us, ele (especially bunker-ele) is the easiest class in the game. In the mean-time all classes got buffed in a riddicolous way, just the ele didn’t get any viable buffs. And oh wonder, nowadays ele is not on par with the other classes and got out of the power-creep-meta we have. This leading People having the thought that ele got harder to play. The class itself didn’t. It’s just harder to have an Impact on the outcome of the match.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@empa

i rly think this has seomthing to do with classes in general are more bunkerish – thats why ele, shatter mesmer and thief have such problems

this startet with necro – everyone stacked vita or condiremove than warrior …. its a powercreep

now everyone goes bunker and warrior is the top – warrior dont even need to go bunker – warrior do big dmg while have high EHP (effective HP) in nearly all builds cause all the traits or utilities are easy to get

warrior builds are always same – healsignet + all the stances and co and THAN they go for what weapon ever they think is cool

they simple have to much OH_Shiet Buttons with no trade offs and all this buttons buff eachother into oblivion

its op when warrior need all this things to survive but there need to be negative effects too like i wrote some sides before

when arenanet not start to care we soon will have same crpa like is in wvw – everything warrior + guardian and the other classes are just buffbots for this

boring

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

@empa

i rly think this has seomthing to do with classes in general are more bunkerish – thats why ele, shatter mesmer and thief have such problems

this startet with necro – everyone stacked vita or condiremove than warrior …. its a powercreep

now everyone goes bunker and warrior is the top – warrior dont even need to go bunker – warrior do big dmg while have high EHP (effective HP) in nearly all builds cause all the traits or utilities are easy to get

warrior builds are always same – healsignet + all the stances and co and THAN they go for what weapon ever they think is cool

they simple have to much OH_Shiet Buttons with no trade offs and all this buttons buff eachother into oblivion

its op when warrior need all this things to survive but there need to be negative effects too like i wrote some sides before

when arenanet not start to care we soon will have same crpa like is in wvw – everything warrior + guardian and the other classes are just buffbots for this

boring

Agree on this.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

I will repeat.

It’s dumb.

Yep, crap build that I see very few players running. I will give you this, it’s good at duels and that is mostly where I see it, dueling servers. We all know dueling servers are serious business, let’s balance the game around them!

Top teams leaving was happening long before warrior getting buffs, and most of remainder left because of the condi spam meta, not because of warriors. lol

That crap build can hold side and support mid better than any build I know of.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I will repeat.

It’s dumb.

That crap build can hold side and support mid better than any build I know of.

It’s just a wanna be bunker that does low condi damage. Not that great. Also, if you think warrior all the sudden became better than guardian for mid support (magically this patch as well) then I don’t know what to tell you. You are BEYOND hope and reason.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Agree with this one.

The ele is definitely not the hardest class to play, but people like you think it is, because it is a pretty useless class at the moment and dies in seconds. Last year People like you told us, ele (especially bunker-ele) is the easiest class in the game. In the mean-time all classes got buffed in a riddicolous way, just the ele didn’t get any viable buffs. And oh wonder, nowadays ele is not on par with the other classes and got out of the power-creep-meta we have. This leading People having the thought that ele got harder to play. The class itself didn’t. It’s just harder to have an Impact on the outcome of the match.

So we desagree about the hardest class to play. Who is right?
And what do you mean with "people like you? " and what kind of people you are?

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior no have Stealth, Minions, near-perma evade or blind spam…

Warriors are easy to kill, just this.

hm do you play competetively?

i dun play competitively.
but, have you been warrior competitively?

lets look at what you wrote:

Let’s come to warrior:
The problem with warrior is that it is almost impossible to counter warriors if they are playing it right

please tell me, have you played 10s, or 100s games of solo arena or team arena with the warrior, and playing it right, and you found it that, other people are impossible to counter your warrior?

did you?

i did not, so i dunno. you are obviously a very experienced competitive player so i am asking you. please reply. thank you.

i played over 250 tournament games with warrior in the top 100 and won around 200 of them thats why i am writing this thread because i have actually played this class and know how it works

Then you are forgetting some things about risk/reward when playing warrior…

“Endure Pain” have 93% risk against 7% reward. Use the skill in wrong time and that said Thief will have 56s window to use Backstab after Backstab. Not forgetting that Endure Pain do not prevent CC or Conditions, nothing compared to Blurred Frenzy (25% uptime total immunity/evade) or Flanking Strike (100% uptime total immunity/evade).

“Berserker Stance” is the same that EP, but preventing condition with 13% uptime against 87% downtime. And, again… Nothing if compared with Blurred Frenzy, Distortion, Flanking Strike, Infiltrator Return, disabling Shot, most of Thief utilities, etc…

“Cleansing Ire” requires 20 points in defense, this itself sacrifice DPS. And is 100% only with Longbow, but to you assume that all warriors have 100% condition cleanse, you need assume that ALL WARRIORS uses Longbow, what is not true. you also not said that Longbow remove requires full adrenaline to remove 3 conditions (excludes Fear) with 10s CD (7,75s if spend more 30 points in discipline).
- What happens with all other weapons when blinded, evaded, missed, etc? Are 0 risk 100% reward?
- What about Thief cleanse (sword #2; Shadow’s Embrace; …) all without cd and risk but with 100% reward?

“Healing Signet” removes from warrior the control of his own heal skill due to active heal is very weak. The passive effect forces the player to use their resources carefully, keep in mind that unchangeable 390 hp/s. If the warrior takes 1 burn, for example, he becomes out-sustained and helpless. Is for this reason that much warriors appeal to stances.
- The risk calls “move, dodge, block, attack and keep moving under penalty of death in case of distraction or fail”.
- Signet Malice heal 100 hp, but can be boosted by haste, number of enemies and number of hits per attack (he can for example Steal > Whirling Axe > Pistol Whip > IS > Pistol Whip…). Not forgetting Shadow Refuge that heals and grants Dark Field.

I honestly think you have been unfortunate to compare risks and rewards. Warriors really have a few of every thing, but he isn’t the best in all.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I will repeat.

It’s dumb.

Hum…

Now is Sword/Horn + Longbow?
What will be after?

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

@empa

boring

When you talk about warriors builds being all the same and then you go to the forums and see that every profession is asking for more viable builds… And then you read something like, “dont nerf my build because its the only viable at top PvP” posts. Warriors in that department are equal to others. They can choose the coolest weapons they want, but they will loose presence in field if they dont take hammer/longbow. They can take all the stances they want, without those weapons they lose presence in field.

What about you enlight all warriors about those Ho_shiet buttons without trade offs? I want to start use them and everyone would like to try them.

I can post here every stance warrior have and post the negative efect for you. Do you need that?

in PvP

DrLane.5248

Tbh u should not compare anything with s d thief which is one of the issues of this game. I played thief a lot and this weap set /build is just way too permissive.it could be compared to a bunker build for sure. The fact is dp thief can kill hambow warriors , but it doesnt mean that warris are fine. Warris can do so much things at the same time like holding a point , being effective 1n1 ,great for team fights , swiftness that hlp to roam if u have to , and so many other things…. You got low risks for high reward , and thats not like the game shuld be on any class.i assume its not the only issue of this game , but its one of the most important atm

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Tbh u should not compare anything with s d thief which is one of the issues of this game. I played thief a lot and this weap set /build is just way too permissive.it could be compared to a bunker build for sure. The fact is dp thief can kill hambow warriors , but it doesnt mean that warris are fine. Warris can do so much things at the same time like holding a point , being effective 1n1 ,great for team fights , swiftness that hlp to roam if u have to , and so many other things…. You got low risks for high reward , and thats not like the game shuld be on any class.i assume its not the only issue of this game , but its one of the most important atm

I agree with you. Low risk / high reward should not exist in ANY class. Warriors could use some adjustments in that case as long every other class also have those adjustments. And there are bigger offenders than warriors right now in that department.

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Honestly I’m cool with whatever extra nerfs S/D needs, the weapon set is dead to me and most thieves now.

There may be a few top thieves still rocking it, but they’ll be able to rock it with other weaponsets/classes too.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

Seems like a lot of people are misunderstanding a few things. First of all, it’s not just warriors that should be brought in line.

All AI builds should be removed from PvP. Not rebalanced, removed. No more spirits, spirit weapons, necro minions (flesh golem could stay because it’s ulti), turrets (utility ones, heal and ulti can stay) and phantasms should be reworked in pvp, to only fire off their attacks once (they should be indestructible before that though), but their cooldown (as a weapon skill) should be adjusted accordingly to deal damage on par with other classes (cd to half or similar). EDIT: ok I just realized that halving phantasm cooldowns would completely break shatter builds, so maybe give a phantasm trait that halves the cooldown, but make the trait inaccessible to shatters).

All AoE should be highly telegraphed (meteor storm) or utility only (well of darkness). Necro marks should have a proper animation and “explosion time” like lava font or churning earth, and so should every other damage type AoE.

Yes, dear warriors, we all know these things need to happen to make the game better, however they are not what this topic is meant for. This is a topic about fixing the warrior. I have listed them here, so that all of you warrior players writing here know, that we are aware of the changes that this game needs.

Here is my original suggestion on how to change the warrior: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Let-s-talk-about-Warriors/3389207. If you haven’t read it yet, please do so. It’s high time this topic turned into something productive. In the first place all of you warriors should be happy we are even discussing this in the first place. In this game (if you haven’t noticed) it’s customary for unsatisfied people to go around creating compaint topics until they get whatever class is in question nerfed.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

(edited by Silferas.3841)

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Seems like a lot of people are misunderstanding a few things. First of all, it’s not just warriors that should be brought in line.

All AI builds should be removed from PvP. Not rebalanced, removed. No more spirits, spirit weapons, necro minions (flesh golem could stay because it’s ulti), turrets (utility ones, heal and ulti can stay) and phantasms should be reworked in pvp, to only fire off their attacks once (they should be indestructible before that though), but their cooldown (as a weapon skill) should be adjusted accordingly to deal damage on par with other classes (cd to half or similar). EDIT: ok I just realized that halving phantasm cooldowns would completely break shatter builds, so maybe give a phantasm trait that halves the cooldown, but make the trait inaccessible to shatters).

All AoE should be highly telegraphed (meteor storm) or utility only (well of darkness). Necro marks should have a proper animation and “explosion time” like lava font or churning earth, and so should every other damage type AoE.

Yes, dear warriors, we all know these things need to happen to make the game better, however they are not what this topic is meant for. This is a topic about fixing the warrior. I have listed them here, so that all of you warrior players writing here know, that we are aware of the changes that this game needs.

Here is my original suggestion on how to change the warrior: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Let-s-talk-about-Warriors/3389207. If you haven’t read it yet, please do so. It’s high time this topic turned into something productive. In the first place all of you warriors should be happy we are even discussing this in the first place. In this game (if you haven’t noticed) it’s customary for unsatisfied people to go around creating compaint topics until they get whatever class is in question nerfed.

Many people already said the problem is HS. Not stances… Your sugestion about HS seems good to me. The other sugestions are realy bad imo.

edit: Forgot to say why:

Those modifications to stances with your modification to healing signet it will make warrior spend adrenaline on burst / stances and then you are afected by healing with that adrenaline. You will not be able to use all stances at the same time and with that warrior will not have a single second to breathe when focused and you will also still need to take them on your utilities. Warriors wont be able to use their burst skill as they should and that will kill all weapons and builds that use burst skills to deal damage. That moddifications will not just slighty modify warrior but it will turn him very easy to go down as it was in the beginning.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

@EmpatheticFighter

Sorry but its actually Thief and Engi that’s the hardest to play atm. Oh wait, I forgot EU has always played heavy sustain, zero skill, time-out builds.

@Topic

Here’s what needs to happen to Warriors and anti-fun BS in general.

1.) LIMIT EVERY class to one stun break. Maybe give more aggressive means to deal with CC. The main reason why sustain is BS is because the abundant amount of “I messed up buttons” such as stun breaks makes focus fire too hard to pull off vs. high sustain.

One means to counter sustain is focus fire + CC, but guess how many stun breaks that you’re allowed to have on high sustain classes. A lot.

2.) Healing Signet passive cut in half, active increased by 150%. Keep the casting time slow for this so-called “risk.”
3.) Warrior should not be able to cast zerker stance while CC’d. Same with zero skill no risk garbage such as distortion or guardian blinds while stunned.
4.) Delete stun breaks on ALL warrior stances. Stances should be used aggressively in the first place anyways, not an “I messed up” button like the old triple cantrip ele’s who just abused stun breaks vs. focus.
5.) Remember when people said Necros and Warriors would get hurt if they nerfed endurance gain/dodge? That wouldn’t be bad now.

(edited by Amir.1570)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I play all classes you said (warrior, mesmer and thief) and i see the mesmer with more issues with balancing than warrior in what you call risk vs reward.

really? hows that
please explain it a little bit

With mesmer you can fight without fight, do you know what i mean? (Phantasms, clones) Blurred frenzy (no risk/high reward every 10/12 seconds) are just examples

yeah, that works if you’re using a phantasm spec (which sucks) and playing against idiots. if you played mesmer like you say you do, you’d know most mesmers play shatter and that the phantasms are maybe 1/3 of the damage.

I have to agree here…you are talking about zerker phantasm which is just not viable in tournys atm and with shatter you let your phantasms attack once before shattering

“just not viable in touneys at the moment.” That is an imperative statement. All things are viable when presented the right opportunities. The problem is that mesmer does not have many varied builds, so once you have played them enough you can fairly accurately predict some of their movements. Earlier in the thread you have stated that “…if a good..” That is the reward/risk right there on the warrior. They took the risk to predict your next move and quickly countered it because, “They were good.” The reward is they have shrugged off your damage. If that prediction had been wrong their goes their cool down blown.

If anything, all your thread has really achieved is that warrior is not the problem, but that other professions have not been given as wide variety of tools. There is 3 scholar professions, 3 scout and only 2 heavy. One heavy represents powerful defense and tanking, the other powerful offensive and abilities to stick on target. Being that there is only 2, they each need to embody a lil’ more because their is no 3rd variation that people are wanting to see of one that has ok defense and ok dmg output with good play style. It is easy to say, ‘tone warrior down’ when warrior is currently in the best place it has been since beta. This to me kinda says there is an illusion because something good has happened to warrior, it has taken away from everything else which is untrue. The warrior took nothing away from anyone else. Ultimately what can one say?..that a squishy can’t easily out do a heavy? is that not the natural order of things anyway? if they could do it easily then what is the point of armor and professions to begin with? The greater issue now is that mesmer is not ideally placed to 1 vs 1 a heavy, then it must be more support and target focused skills like gw1..which mesmer in gw2 is nothing like the gw1 ancestor. It seems anet has put some eggs in the support basket for mesmer and needs to continue with this is they are intent on not releasing new builds for them and not giving them the tools to effectively and easily deal with a heavy armor power house in the current Pvp model of node capture. However in different models this could change.

If anything, be happy for warrior and instead make arguments/debate about what would be best for mesmer and their issues of AI damage/instant skills etc and how risk/reward should be introduced to them and viability for different situations and how different Pvp models would benefit them.

i dont want any other class to be buffed
the damage in this game is already way over the top ..anet has to start nerfing

That is cool.,but I didn’t say Buff or power increase. I said, “give them the tools.” and in future content where new game modes may/may not be added..bear in mind different Pvp models could be more beneficial to those you play support roles beyond standing on center and niche area’s can be created for professions like mesmer/thief where their base skills tend to favour them in those situations. I feel currently that a lot of discussion on warrior has become redundant. Warrior in any game will be a popular class and that alone will bring sheer numbers to it’s representation. Do they have good skills?..undoubtedly. Can those skills be used in an untimely manner so they have little effect?..absolutely. Are they basically a win button?..by no means. So where do we go from here? Their skills are situational, they aren’t automatic win and they can be played ineffectively. That pretty much underlines that they are not in god mode as people suggest. Like many ppl, I feel the core balance of this game should come from skill changes, dmg nerf’s etc..but from reassignment of traits and untangling of trait tree’s.

in PvP

DrLane.5248

Some communication from anet wuld hlp , but as usual they “are working on it” .Btw when does the beta of gw2 end?

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Some communication from anet wuld hlp , but as usual they “are working on it” .Btw when does the beta of gw2 end?

Anet talked about all classes in the patch notes. You can read them here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-December-10-2013

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

I am glad that experienced players like tapsss and boon empa joined the discussion here!

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

1.) LIMIT EVERY class to one stun break. Maybe give more aggressive means to deal with CC. The main reason why sustain is BS is because the abundant amount of “I messed up buttons” such as stun breaks makes focus fire too hard to pull off vs. high sustain.

Lolno, it will broke WvW completely.

2.) Healing Signet passive cut in half, active increased by 150%. Keep the casting time slow for this so-called “risk.”

So it will be ~200 HPS as passive and ~250 as active if used by CD (this is with some healing power, without it it will be even lower). Wow, so useful.

3.) Warrior should not be able to cast zerker stance while CC’d. Same with zero skill no risk garbage such as distortion or guardian blinds while stunned.

Only remotely good idea here.

4.) Delete stun breaks on ALL warrior stances. Stances should be used aggressively in the first place anyways, not an “I messed up” button like the old triple cantrip ele’s who just abused stun breaks vs. focus.

And add them to kick and bolas, amrite? What_is_logic.jpg

5.) Remember when people said Necros and Warriors would get hurt if they nerfed endurance gain/dodge? That wouldn’t be bad now.

Same for thief/engi/mesmer who is overloaded with vigor and/or evade mechanic.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

i played over 250 tournament games with warrior in the top 100 and won around 200 of them thats why i am writing this thread because i have actually played this class and know how it works

okies! thanks for the clarification.
i apologize for not treating you with proper respect.

but please try not to nerf warrior too much until they are useless.
casual warriors are not godlike unlike you experienced tournament players!

sarcasm or feeding the troll?

the discussion is out of place. healing signet or stances are not the problem. hambow wars are not op if fighting 1vs1 with every build as long u dont stay in the burning field and know what to dodge. yes it will take a while, cause hs and stances.

the real problem with wars actual is what they bring to the teamfights. bow f1 and hammer f1 have a high impact on teamfights. in fact the real problem is cleansing ire if u think about it. its gives to much adrenalin, so that there is no managing needed and with the return of removing conditions it favours spamming the BURST skills. somehow i find it paradox that BURST skills are spammable.

so either split the functionality of cleansing ire and move the adrenalin increasefunction into strength trait or make it grandmaster. its just to good at its current position.

and as a sidenode i would fix impale too. apply all torment at once. first to give the enemy a chance to cleanse and second to have a reason to use the second function of the skill.

and as a sidenode i would fix impale too. apply all torment at once. first to give the enemy a chance to cleanse and second to have a reason to use the second function of the skill.

Problem with Rip is that it is directly linked to Impale. You can only ever Rip the target with Impale on, which makes the skill very lackluster even if your power isn’t really that bad.

i know. but the impale always outshines Rip atm in every build regardless of power or conditionfocus.

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

Slim.3024

Problem with Rip is that it is directly linked to Impale. You can only ever Rip the target with Impale on, which makes the skill very lackluster even if your power isn’t really that bad.

Other than that, completely agree with your assertion, that Cleansing Ire is too good to be a Master trait. Back when the adrenalin part was an Adept trait it was already way over-budget, though almost nobody was traiting it. When they integrated it into the new trait called Cleansing Ire, it became phenomenal and should at least become a Grandmaster trait.

That’s all the changes warriors currently need, though I have the feeling that this, while balanced, would also already kick them out of the meta, because the warrior really has no important bag of tricks. Warriors are too simplistic and straight forward and it is easy to take advantage of it, which is why we have been seeing Hammer/Longbows emerge.

Hammers lock enemies down, giving them room to breath and use their sluggish skills, while Combustive Shot is simply a fire and forget ability, that allows the warrior to apply pressure even when they can not close in on their foes.

(edited by Slim.3024)

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

leave my warrior alone! all my favorite characters had a hard nerf after the patch. stop this madness.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

the discussion is out of place. healing signet or stances are not the problem. hambow wars are not op if fighting 1vs1 with every build as long u dont stay in the burning field and know what to dodge. yes it will take a while, cause hs and stances.

the real problem with wars actual is what they bring to the teamfights. bow f1 and hammer f1 have a high impact on teamfights. in fact the real problem is cleansing ire if u think about it. its gives to much adrenalin, so that there is no managing needed and with the return of removing conditions it favours spamming the BURST skills. somehow i find it paradox that BURST skills are spammable.

so either split the functionality of cleansing ire and move the adrenalin increasefunction into strength trait or make it grandmaster. its just to good at its current position.

Thx but no thx.Impale is good as it is , it’s an anti condiclear spam and warrior gets kited a lot it needs that torment.Good reason to use the second function does not exist since has verylong casting time, it’s 130 range only and does less damage than autoattack.If you want a reason to use it ask for a buff not nerf.Hambow soldier build was fixed.Wars are no longer op.You should really take a look at s/p , d/p thieves and necros postpatch not to even mention the old op spirit ranger , bunker guard and condi spam engie still got no nerfs.Enough with war and time to fix all btoken skils we have like gs being unusable in pvp and rifle not even in pve.Not yo mention that half of our traits are still completely useless after 18 months.Lol st give might to allies when reviving while other classes get reflectd, stealth, protection and so on.Devs compltely forgot about those.

in PvP

Slim.3024

It should also be noted that Warriors still pick Soldier’s over Berserker’s, even when they do not trait for Unsuspecting Foe. The reason for that is that Warriors can not afford to run Berserker’s even with Hammer/Longbow.

If you want to run Berserker’s you pretty much have to run a one trick pony build, that focuses on locking the target down via utilities and bursting it fast. This leaves no room for Berserker Stance and any other survival tools and once again makes the Warrior as vulnerable as ever.

in PvP

hooma.9642

Thx but no thx.Impale is good as it is , it’s an anti condiclear spam and warrior gets kited a lot it needs that torment.Good reason to use the second function does not exist since has verylong casting time, it’s 130 range only and does less damage than autoattack.If you want a reason to use it ask for a buff not nerf.Hambow soldier build was fixed.Wars are no longer op.You should really take a look at s/p , d/p thieves and necros postpatch not to even mention the old op spirit ranger , bunker guard and condi spam engie still got no nerfs.Enough with war and time to fix all btoken skils we have like gs being unusable in pvp and rifle not even in pve.Not yo mention that half of our traits are still completely useless after 18 months.Lol st give might to allies when reviving while other classes get reflectd, stealth, protection and so on.Devs compltely forgot about those.

if u would read my post u would see that i dont want impale to be nerfed just shifted the apply of torment. we dont need spam and the war has a lot of ways to close the gap. also u would realize that i suppose a reason to use RIP, cause its useless atm. but i would suggest u recheck the dmg-coeff of RIP.. its actual pretty good.
and no gs is not unusable. its just gets outshined by ham/bow. u guys should stop talking like that.
the nerf to burst mastery and dmg to hammer was not needed and affects all builds not only ham/bow.

i also dont said war is op. war or better ham/bow is to strong in teamfights. and the problem is and will be cleansing ire.

(edited by hooma.9642)

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

i also dont said war is op. war or better ham/bow is to strong in teamfights. and the problem is and will be cleansing ire.

Condition spam is total meta now, and you are telling that condition cleansing is a problem? Are you some necro/engi/condi mesmer?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

mini.6018

if u would read my post u would see that i dont want impale to be nerfed just shifted the apply of torment. we dont need spam and the war has a lot of ways to close the gap. also u would realize that i suppose a reason to use RIP, cause its useless atm. but i would suggest u recheck the dmg-coeff of RIP.. its actual pretty good.
and no gs is not unusable. its just gets outshined by ham/bow. u guys should stop talking like that.
the nerf to burst mastery and dmg to hammer was not needed and affects all builds not only ham/bow.

Trust me when i say rip dps is terrible, using that time to place autoattack is much smarter and you will do more dps without having to bother bout missing and wasting your time.This is coming from someone that uses sword off on berserker amulet and 30 points in strenght so i believe no other warrior has a better ideea about impale’s second function in that matter.No offence.Also all torment at once would seem op and ppl will ask for nerfs while it will be a considerable nerf against good players.Also it will just make impale/draw sword spammy because there would be absolutely no reason to not use it if spam ready
.So again thx but no.War has real issues such like why mending only heals 5k at 0 healing power and onky 5900 at 1300 healingpower? Ele can heal 5k every 15 seconds and clear 8 conditions every 15 seconds.I Suggest reworking restorative strenght to also include 20% cd reduction on mending/andrenaline surge and increase mending scalling to heal power to heal at least 7k on 1300 healing power or/ apply 5 seconds of regen..No wonder hs is the only viable heal when all others are just so bad still after 18 months.
Pss :the game needs even more easier and affordable condition clearing skill without affecting so much utilities and forcing everyone in one build permanently for condi clearIt’s not being firced to run 3 condi clear utilities just to fight a necro or engie.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

hooma.9642

Condition spam is total meta now, and you are telling that condition cleansing is a problem? Are you some necro/engi/condi mesmer?

i hasnt said condition cleansing is a problem. and biased arguments dont help here so it would be nice that u stop with that attitude. that is not better than sensotix elitsm, that disqualifies him. if u have problems discussing about balance without biased arguments u should stop.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Playing berserker hambow is not easy, you don’t have much defense and if you miss a move or two, you will lose your chance to lock an enemy.

I already felt the lack of damage from previous nerfs and have accustomed to playing even more zerker than before in order to benefit my team in the fights.

A hambow in the wrong hands is simply a punching bag that misses 90% of his stuff. I don’t really worry about fighting warrior-based teams because they usually lack damage and delivery. And if they play zerker it’s not that hard to focus them down.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

yeah guys, playing berserker hambow isnt easy. just look at that f1 longbow skillshot, you really have to be careful to not miss it. and don’t get me started on stances. you really gotta focus to not miss the skillshot of stances. or pin down. also very hard. you really don’t have as much defense except highest base armor and health and healing signet and stances. its really verry hardy to paly. brb gotta take my meds

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

yeah guys, playing berserker hambow isnt easy. just look at that f1 longbow skillshot, you really have to be careful to not miss it. and don’t get me started on stances. you really gotta focus to not miss the skillshot of stances. or pin down. also very hard. you really don’t have as much defense except highest base armor and health and healing signet and stances. its really verry hardy to paly. brb gotta take my meds

A berserker warri has like 2300-2400 armor and around 20k HP. It’s not enough to facetank pressure from a coordinated team, you actually need to time your dodge rolls and yes, stances, which have high CDs. Hammer/longbow is fairly static and cannot kite/disengage from the fight so once he starts being focused with the stances on CD, his healing signet turns into his worst enemy because he cannot burst heal with anything to relieve the pressure.

You actually wouldn’t be able to land longbow F1 on anything if this game wasn’t about point-holding because players can simply move away from it. It’s strong for those situations, but nowadays it doesn’t do as much damage as it used to. Also the firefield is small unless used with full adrenaline.

I believe good players have already adjusted to the hambow warriors and can counter them perfectly well. Mostly it’s just casters being dumb, overly aggressive and out of position which gives the warriors an easy day at the office. Also it’s a good idea to have your casters being protected by a warrior of your own. I feel the warrior’s job is more that of a protector/enabler of the real damage dealer instead of the guy who somehow face rolls everybody with super damage output (which imo it doesn’t have at this point).

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

I have been seeing these “warrior op” post all over spvp. I used to see “warrior up” all over the spvp forums. I have been playing GS/LB since Summer of this year, since I started pvp. As I improved as a player, the traits, runes, and sigils was all that i changed. When i started pvp i would use all signets, as time went by i began replacing them with more active skills, and now only use the elite signet(short cool down for lysa rune). I don’t use healing signet, but opt for healing surge. The adrenalin gained and ability to keep longbow burst out is critical for me to gain extra def/off( bull rush through fire field gives flame armor). Arcing arrow grants might to team mates and me if they are around. I use GS, for mobility and pressure/damage. I am comfortable with my build, and my skills. I STILL LOSE! Certain Mesmer, Necro, Ranger, Thief builds give me terrible trouble. If I miss, or am interrupted in my attack rotation, I have to turn tail and run. Other warriors don’t usually give me a hard time. Ham-bow warriors are particularity easy for me though. I sacrifice small things in my build so i can have stability, an extra pin, and a knock down. If you don’t have stability, and you see a warrior with a hammer, why would you even think you have a chance. Sure you can kite, but if he is practiced at all, he will land a stun at some point. When i see warriors pull hammers out, I pop stability. A lot of players will be so into the fight they will fail to notice the buff, and then eat one hundred blades for trying to stun. Counter play, plain and simple.
long bow has a great blind, when stability is on cool down, good timing with blind can stop the first stun allowing you a chance to dodge anything else behind it. My build is not meta, i am an average player, but i have taken my losses, and learned my mistakes. I know warrior so Warriors are easier for me to deal with. When i see a necro, or mez, I take caution because i know i may not be able to win. I try and if things go south i make my escape. Just common sense people. If the build you are using doesn’t work for certain situations, its not the other guys fault. its your fault for not knowing when to fight, and when to run. I am posting this to show how I deal with cc characters, and it works for me, If you don’t have a method of dealing with cc on your build, don’t fight cc. As far as healing signet goes, If you don’t dish out enough damage, in your attack rotation, call for help, rotate out with someone who can. Everyone wants every build to do every thing on every profession. That’s not balance, that’s boring game play. I don’t want to watch a basketball game with five centers on both teams, do you? Perhaps You would like to see a football game with nothing but linemen playing. I kitten sure don’t. Play the game, enjoy the game, and quit thinking that “your” build is supposed to handle each and every single possible build/situation out there. Oh… get def abilities if your getting cc combo-ed into oblivion. Like really, who would have a build with no def.

(edited by RusShiro.9241)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

A berserker warri has like 2300-2400 armor and around 20k HP. It’s not enough to facetank pressure from a coordinated team, you actually need to time your dodge rolls and yes, stances, which have high CDs. Hammer/longbow is fairly static and cannot kite/disengage from the fight so once he starts being focused with the stances on CD, his healing signet turns into his worst enemy because he cannot burst heal with anything to relieve the pressure.

You actually wouldn’t be able to land longbow F1 on anything if this game wasn’t about point-holding because players can simply move away from it. It’s strong for those situations, but nowadays it doesn’t do as much damage as it used to. Also the firefield is small unless used with full adrenaline.

I believe good players have already adjusted to the hambow warriors and can counter them perfectly well. Mostly it’s just casters being dumb, overly aggressive and out of position which gives the warriors an easy day at the office. Also it’s a good idea to have your casters being protected by a warrior of your own. I feel the warrior’s job is more that of a protector/enabler of the real damage dealer instead of the guy who somehow face rolls everybody with super damage output (which imo it doesn’t have at this point).

good players with coordinated teams adjusted alright. they left the game

in PvP

Slim.3024

good players with coordinated teams adjusted alright. they left the game

The same is obviously true for the dinosaurs. The most evolved species to ever inhabit this planet left long ago and since then nobody has ever reached close to the same potential.

I wonder when the nonsense will end claiming that all the good players and teams have left.

The guy is actually correct. Hammer/Longbow warriors are now in a good spot and nowhere close to overpowered, nor are they in any way too weak.

Give it a month or two and you will realize it as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Warriors are OP and don’t think Mesmers are OP.

I will grant that in the right hands warriors can be good, I’d say even on par with engis, guardians and rangers. But, when I do get defeated by one I know it’s because of a skillfully played warrior. I’ve played against too many sub-par warriors to know that they suck if not played correctly and with the correct build.

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

I skimmed this thread for 30 min and pretty much everyone has no idea what they are talking about.

List of things no one seems to understand:
-All of the important longbow skills are beyond easy to avoid
-Hammer skills have massive telegraphs
-Stances have less than 20% uptime
-Cleansing ire realistically only removes 4 condis every 10 sec if the warrior is getting hammered
-It is a team game type, if you are fighting a build that is better than yours at 1v1 and losing that is your fault for not playing your role correctly or coordinating with your team.
-Condis are too strong overall, if you nerf zerker stance or cleansing ire or lys runes then warriors will go back to being the perma-chilled-weakened-blinded-confused-bleeding-burning-poisoned-crippled-punching-bags that they used to be.
-If you actually got hit by pin down and complain about how op warrior is you need to learn how to avoid projectiles and get off the forums.

Just because you dont know when to dodge dosent mean something is op (i thought shatter mesmers were the most op thing ever until I learned how to 100% avoid all of their high damage combos) it just means you are not good enough yet

Easy guide to never dying to a gs/s x mesmer:
-Dodge when you see the greatsword raised in one hand and the phant spinning towards you
-Dodge when you see an illusion leap towards you

gz you just beat a shatter mesmer.

tl;dr warriors are fine, mesmers are a bit op but not that much (pu mes really op at duels though MUCH INVIS) and l2dodge roll nublets

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

warriors are still OP, just played a soloq… vs 4x ham/bow warriors. They do redic damage with no drawbacks.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

With one of my old loves (solder sword-centered warrior build) I can facetank Hambow warrs and kill them by spamming autoattack. Many lols were had.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

mini.6018

With one of my old loves (solder sword-centered warrior build) I can facetank Hambow warrs and kill them by spamming autoattack. Many lols were had.XD

I use mace/sword to fight 3 of them at the time with one stability stance only .Lol does not even describe how easy they are to kill after the nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I use mace/sword to fight 3 of them at the time with one stability stance only .Lol does not even describe how easy they are to kill after the nerf.

Even before nerf. More than strong, I think their OPness comes from the fact they can work well in too many situations. So it’s full of them, and builds not designed to counter tham have a horrible time.

Said that, ANet might solve this problem by making possible tourney effective builds that can also counter these wars for more classes.

Then maybe we’d see less warrs in tourney.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself