Please nerf necro's

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Its not about being op as much its about being lame….

Lame stuff sucks. Yeh I can kill or die to another necro by going condi spam into fear into more fear into more fear. That isnt skill. It is lame. Necro vs necro used to be skill based.

Something needs to be done. The necro didnt need ANY buffs beyond burning and the new ds 5 ability. Remove all the other stupid buffs.

I would say the burning would be the one thing that put it over the top. With the condition duration it is easily permanently applicable and the other conditions are just icing on the cake.

No because you have to have burning. What is over the top is fear

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Anet painted themselves into a corner when they created a class with no mobility, no evades, no blocks, no vigor, no immunity, no stealth, almost no stability, and no burst.

On top of that, they made the primary defense based on life force, but you start with ZERO!

As a result, it was very easy to train a necro or just escape them if things happen to not go your way. Nobody feared (pun) going after a necro and that’s why it was a weak class and played very little compared to other classes.

Instead of diversifying the defense options, they just went full bore into making fear their class defense (and offense too).

In reality, if you spectate a necro, you will only see a few fear chains executed in a given match – just like you see similar burst/cc chains from mesmers, engies, thieves, and warriors. All of them are frustrating to get caught in, but now there is a new class that you have to worry about and save your cc break and defensive cooldowns for.

I think you can see what Anet was thinking when they added cc break to a bunch of utility skills, but it’s probably going to take awhile before people adjust and use traits/sigils/runes that are conducive to the new aspects of the game.

Even then, they may need to swap out some of the offense from a condition necro to more defensive options, but people claiming you can’t kill a necro need to spectate themselves. Then count exactly how many times you are REALLY caught in a fear chain, and why you aren’t using cc breaks or running away from marks or walls.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Lame stuff sucks. Yeh I can kill or die to another necro by going condi spam into fear into more fear into more fear. That isnt skill. It is lame. Necro vs necro used to be skill based.

Something needs to be done. The necro didnt need ANY buffs beyond burning and the new ds 5 ability. Remove all the other stupid buffs.

I love you. You said what i was thinking, but in less ragey way

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I love you. You said what i was thinking, but in less ragey way

Burning and the new ds condition was all that was needed. Our problem was that we didnt have enough conditions to cover the bleeds. That removed the issue.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Dominarian.1750

Dominarian.1750

The only thing I dislike about the patch is now everyone will hate on me for playing Necromancer, while I did all along.

I actually know a few necros that are hoping something gets nerfed as one of my long time necro buddies said “Now every moron with a half a brain can face roll necro”

Sounds familiar Johnny

While I disagree that the Necromancer is overpowered, we are severely out of balance. The class was overdone in all the wrong ways it seems, which has lead to there being 6 and 8 necromancer teams in Spvp..spawn camping and killing you before you even hit the ground out of the gate (yes that actually happened).

Did we need some love? Sure, in small doses. And we got it, just not properly spread.

I don’t feel like the Necromancer really had huge issues anyway. Before the update a few friends and myself had spent a lot of time (hours upon hours) coming up with and testing builds for our necromancers, that took skill and knowledge of the class to work properly. We went on regular Tpvp games with our necromancers and really, we had the same issues so many other classes have. Granted, we greatly lack stability unless using an elite form. After the update I kind of feel like the time was wasted, because it’s easy to face-roll a necromancer now and claim to be a ‘pro’ at it. The way they’re being used currently, I honestly don’t want to play mine. Which is sad, she’s been my favorite since I made her and I knew her better than any of my characters. Just don’t feel like I can be proud to play it well anymore.

I think we were way overdone, and need a re-balancing. Also, burning? Still trying to find where that one fits into the lore of a Necromancer..

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Walse.1749

Walse.1749

After a very constructive discussion with djooce and vuh, i have to say i changed my mind, they made some really good points that i fully agree with. So ye, necros might need a nerf, fear in a condi spec has become a bit too overpowered. But on the other hand boost their survivability just a bit more so they can truly be an attrittion class.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s literally impossible for burning to be permanently applicable. Condition duration only goes to 100 percent, burning is a four-second duration default and its cooldown is 10 seconds.

I don’t get the complaints about wells. Nothing changed about them minus one easily accessible trait moving down. Wells are still really easy to avoid.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It’s literally impossible for burning to be permanently applicable. Condition duration only goes to 100 percent, burning is a four-second duration default and its cooldown is 10 seconds.

I don’t get the complaints about wells. Nothing changed about them minus one easily accessible trait moving down. Wells are still really easy to avoid.

Wells arent the problem. The Doom buff was madness. So too was spectral wall buff. Remove those two and everything else should be fine.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Dominarian.1750

Wells arent the problem. The Doom buff was madness. So too was spectral wall buff. Remove those two and everything else should be fine.

7 second burn, 3 seconds down, 701 per tick.
add bleeds, plus poison, 2% increased damage per condi trait, spiteful marks trait, that’s a lot of damage per second. Not even counting torment. :/

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

I don’t see what the problem is. I dueled some necros on my ele and still won 9 of 14 duels. Stability, dodge corrupt boon, spam CC win. I dueled a warrior friend on my necro who literally laughed at my condis in vent. Signet of stamina + lyssa is very strong against any condi spec. I fought a ranger several times who ate corrupt boon (5 boons), signet of spite and the typical fear bomb, and within 5 seconds he had no condis on him and quickly regened to nearly full health.

This is nowhere near as powerful as people are making it out to be.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Dude, if necro is useing terror and burninr, then he is probobly in glass cannon spec and will go down in no time.

this argument is very old man thieves used it 100s of times per day and look where it got them…

you better come up with something new otherwise the bat that hits thieves EVERY SINGLE MONTH will hit you too!

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Dude, if necro is useing terror and burninr, then he is probobly in glass cannon spec and will go down in no time.

this argument is very old man thieves used it 100s of times per day and look where it got them…

you better come up with something new otherwise the bat that hits thieves EVERY SINGLE MONTH will hit you too!

I didnt say anything about thieves. I think they are ok…
This work with every class. if someone is building him self too deep in to dmg, they are easily bursted down. So I dont see problem to take necro down in this specs.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

What I will agree upon is that multiple terror necro’s on a team are a royal pain in the butt to deal with. Class stacking is bad no matter what class it is.

What I find funny is that necro’s didn’t suddenly get more bleeds, more poison, more fear or anything else. They did get Torment but it’s a long cooldown, doesn’t last very long and it’s damage really isn’t even that great. People just aren’t used to playing against necro’s. All the cries of fear/terror being OP are just silly as this is something necro’s have ALWAYS had.

Necro’s still have the same problems they had before. No mobility, no vigor, no way to disengage, no way to chase down etc. They are just as squishy as they have ever been.

I said this, when multiple necros they just put one at their back point. Spectral wall can not be avoided by everyone. As a thief I can telelport past it, not everyone can. If you get feared into a wall, you are basically dead. And necros have burning, the burning ticks for like 600 for 4s. That and all the other conditions plus terror is basically a dead thief, or mesmer, or anything else that has the go far point.

I will give this more time to ease into, but trying to cleanse, what 7 or 8 conditions as a thief is near impossible.

if you’re fighting against a necro with burning then they’re a hybrid build and have 0 defenses

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I main Necromancer. We’re overpowered.

Here is how to fix us:

• Remove Fear from Spectral Wall
  • Add Torment (6s) to Spectral Wall
  • Remove “Dhuumfire”
  • Add “Strength of the Underworld” to Grandmaster Spite tree.
    Strength of the Underworld
    Wells last 50% longer, and do 20% more damage.
  • Make Greater Marks default on Staff
  • Move Staff Mastery to replace Greater Marks
  • Move “Death Nova” down to Master Traits
  • Add “Vengeful Servants” to Grandmaster Death Magic tree
    Vengeful Servants
    When a Minion dies, you receive Fury(5s) and Vigor(5s) (Does not apply to Jagged horrors)
  • Change “Vampiric Precision” to heal yourself for 20% of the damage you inflict from Critical Hits
  • Move “Vampiric Precision” to Grandmaster Blood Magic tree
  • Move “Vampiric Rituals” to Master Blood Magic tree.
  • Move “Terror” to Grandmaster tree.
  • Move “Withering Precision” to Master tree.
  • Move “Target the Weak” to Grandmaster Spite trait
  • Remove “Siphoned Power”
  • Move “Furious Demise” to Minor Curses trait
  • Move “Barbed Precision” to Master Curses Trait
  • Increase bleed duration on “Barbed precision” bleeds by 100%
  • Add new trait “Myopathy” to Grandmaster Curses trait to replace “Target the Weak”
    Myopathy
    Apply 2 seconds of Immobilize and vulnerability when you apply Weakness (10 second CD)
  • Remove trait “Reanimator”
  • Move “Ritual of Protection” to replace “Reanimator” (Only applies protection once per well)
  • Add new trait “Summoner” in Master Traits
    Summoner
    Summon 2 Jagged Horrors when you use a healing skill in combat. Capped at a maximum of 5 Jagged Horrors. (Remove the constant negative health effects from Jagged Horrors)
  • Remove trait “Strength of Undeath”
  • Add trait “Specter” to replace “Strength of Undeath”
    Specter
    You regenerate 50% of your life force when out of combat.

Above is a nerf to the OP Terrormancer you see lately, and a buff to lesser used builds, also a buff to make Vampires viable. Numerous fixes to crappy traits too.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

(edited by TheMightyAltroll.3485)

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

What I will agree upon is that multiple terror necro’s on a team are a royal pain in the butt to deal with. Class stacking is bad no matter what class it is.

What I find funny is that necro’s didn’t suddenly get more bleeds, more poison, more fear or anything else. They did get Torment but it’s a long cooldown, doesn’t last very long and it’s damage really isn’t even that great. People just aren’t used to playing against necro’s. All the cries of fear/terror being OP are just silly as this is something necro’s have ALWAYS had.

Necro’s still have the same problems they had before. No mobility, no vigor, no way to disengage, no way to chase down etc. They are just as squishy as they have ever been.

I said this, when multiple necros they just put one at their back point. Spectral wall can not be avoided by everyone. As a thief I can telelport past it, not everyone can. If you get feared into a wall, you are basically dead. And necros have burning, the burning ticks for like 600 for 4s. That and all the other conditions plus terror is basically a dead thief, or mesmer, or anything else that has the go far point.

I will give this more time to ease into, but trying to cleanse, what 7 or 8 conditions as a thief is near impossible.

if you’re fighting against a necro with burning then they’re a hybrid build and have 0 defenses

Fear isn’t counted as defenses? Well I never!

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Jesus everyone in this game is kittening stupid. This is how necros have pretty much always been the buff did very little. Also quit kittening about burning maybe 5% of necros took that trait because that trait line is kittening useless. You know about the boon named Stability i heard its pretty good to have. I am tired of people thinking they can take 3 damage utilities and LOLROFLSTOMP everything in their path take some condi removal some cc maybe some stability and protection not 3 kittening damage still and expect to kill everything. But im sure you all already do that and its not your fault you got outplayed because you are all amazing unique made skillz pvp and everyother class is OP and your class is so underpowered but you do so well with it because you are amazing.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Harmsworth.9741

Harmsworth.9741

It feels nice to be able to counter Thieves jumping in behind and instantly destroying me like before.

We are very powerful, and also easily shut down when more than 1 player focus us.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: erk.6712

erk.6712

it’s not even a week since patch and this debate is already on its way? you guys have to be kitten me! lets take away the extra condi, the extra .5 (ZOMG A WHOLE .5) extra second of fear and spectral wall….ok so now we are back to where we post patch.

is this really what we want??

if so, lets just do us all a favor and just perma-delete the necro class all together then shall we? because prior to this patch necros just like warriors were pretty much useless and not used in competitive tournies. even with these buffs, we are still lacking ANY escapability. the whole point of this buff was to give us that CONTROL we have been so looking forward to. the closer you get to a necro, the less likely you should be able to escape, that is what the class should be! our only defense for burst or to avoid any type of big dmg is DS, which can be nuked in SECONDS by more than 2-3 people targeting you. hell if you get one really good bursting thief/war/mes/INPUT DPS CLASS HERE/ you are left with nothing and are pretty much screwed.

I was probably just as surprised as everyone else when the necro got these incredible buffs, but it was very much so needed! I don’t think we need to be nerfed nor do we need much more buffing, the necro class finally got the attention it needed and needs to be left alone for awhile until we can all understand these new changes.

as stated above by some other posting, quit qqing and learn to COUNTER! necros are very VULN to cc, especially ELES!

/rant

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Whack-a-mole has stepped onto the earth of condi necros and touched them with its power.

Condi necros were happy for one day, but then became the object of passionate disdain from everyone.

No one remembers how bad necros were before that revelation.

Flavour players will reroll, because that’s the only thing they can win with – the OP stuff of the month.

Real necro players will get the slack for playing their most practiced profession much much better than the flavour majority.

Sad, but true.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

well necro was ok before the patch, just not used much in the meta.
maybe a low buff was need. but not something like this

and sure, just the much necro qq have bring us to this situation.
sometimes i think its better, the devs dont care so much to forum posts.
because in forum is for sure to much brainstorm.

sry but i can kill players playing there class since release rly good,
with my necro i have create yesterday…
a bit funny when my enemys run away in fear and burn at same time
+ get dmg because they RUN in fear :P
my condi build feels like a burst with condi build

also interesting how each group now run a necro
i have also see much groups today with 2 necros :P

well maybe its just the WOOW effect after patch.
but for our team it was a bit to hard to handle this teams (or was it soloq)
with the 2 necros when we was not run a necro…
then we give 2 of our players a necro (they have never play necro on tourny)
and woaahlaa they was carry by there class enough to bring us victory :P

sry but im just a bit confused last days, becaue i have no idea what anet is doing…
i have not found any one of this much muuuch new builds are viable now after this great patch :P

only what i have see is my guardian sanctuary cast slooooow that i go sleep before it is cast
and some totaly stupid, no sense ranger changes which hurts non bm player more then bm ranger player. thats the real confusion

maybe thats the huge more builds for my two main classes

oh back to necro, yes they have just buff him to much

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

Fear isn’t counted as defenses? Well I never!

if he’s spamming fear then he’s using it offensively rather than defensively, after he’s used ds 3 and sta (ff) 5 all he has is sw, which can be walked around

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Whack-a-mole has stepped onto the earth of condi necros and touched them with its power.

Condi necros were happy for one day, but then became the object of passionate disdain from everyone.

No one remembers how bad necros were before that revelation.

Flavour players will reroll, because that’s the only thing they can win with – the OP stuff of the month.

Real necro players will get the slack for playing their most practiced profession much much better than the flavour majority.

Sad, but true.

This is true. It was fun for about a day. Killing everything was fun. Hilarious when an ele or an engi turns up to fight me. Almost always it is just like – you are dead. LOL.

But like you see, correctly, it then sucks because all the leaderboard-whoring lamers start to run necros left right and centre. You know the ones, the ones with their “teams” who have second accounts for solo q – yeh those losers. Then this ruins the whole game for everyone.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Tazdingo.8249

Tazdingo.8249

To who say “you must change your build to fight the new necro’s power”: What? O.o
I’ve played a lot a build tat give me the ability to cure conditions all the possible ways (I’m Guardian). But yeah, necros kill me easy.
They use the sigil to give me all the conditions and do a crit. Then I’ve all the condition for all the time of this word. Then I active Purity. Yeah, I’ve all the buffs of this game at once! BUT they use the ability to transform all my boon in condition. kitten! Ok, but I’ve shout and virue! I cure 7 conditions. and have a lot of buffs. Then the necro do the 5 skill of the focus and give me awy 3 boons, and I take a large amount of damage. Then it attack me easy whit scepter, giving me poison, cripple and bleed and I can’t defend myself from it. Then it’s only a question of time (and not a long time because I’ve a very very low hp because of my class) and I’m death.
Now I play a berserker build, whit I sometimes kill a necro. I can’t pretend to kill it because I cure my conditions but because I kill it before it’s conditions kill me. Then I go downed by the remaining conditions but I’ve try to kill it. But the necro have a very large amount of hp and isn’t a easy class to take down. And while I’m attacking, the necro’s not there taking my hit. He do fear, attack and evade. And there’s the situation where I’ve not all my skills ready to fight. Purity has a delay of 48 sec whit the trayt. In 48 sec I die 6 time by a necro debufs…

Now, I don’t say to nerf the necro, just: please, balance it.

(sorry for my bad english)

This is such a hilarious qqing post. You just played BADLY against nec.
Why did you take Contemplation of Purity and shout skills although you know necro have boon removal like Corrupt boon and focus #5?
You could just take Purging Flames and Smite Condition.
You also take good traits like Absolute Resolution, Shielded Mind.
And even you can dodge easily necro’s dagger #2,#5, by rolling!! It has long land time!
Mark can be also dodged by rolling. You’re guardian! You can get vigor easily!
Plz use your best build before qqing about balance.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Derps.7421

I’m actually happy anet does this slow and steady balance and doesn’t listen to the forums because you are all dumbkittens

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Kryshade.6075

Kryshade.6075

I’m going to repeat this so that everyone hopefully exercises their ability to read:
-Necro’s got 3 things in this patch.

1)Burning. This is in our power line. Terror necro’s don’t go into this line. It’s the grandmaster trait in this line. If they take it they go 30 deep into it. ANY necro that has burning is pure glass. I guarantee it. Yes necro’s got access to burning but if they are built this way they will literally melt in seconds. It’s a trade off just like any other full glass cannon class. Leave them alone and they will melt you. Play smart and if you see a necro with burning then realize they will explode upon impact.

2) Torment – Probably the most useful buff we got and yet the one that no one is crying about. This allowed us another condition to add to people to cover bleeds. It’s also an immobilize which helps the whole “attrition” class aspect. It doesn’t do much damage but yes it is nice.

3) Spectral Wall – kitten kitten . If you run into this you need to play better. If you get hit with it once ok, it’s a 1s fear, it’s completely avoidable. If a necro drops it on top of you it doesn’t cause fear, you have to actually move through it.

Doom getting a .5 sec buff did absolutely nothing to it. Terror necros are already specced into condi duration to allow for 2 ticks of damage from fear. The .5 sec buff to doom does not extend the fear duration past the 2 ticks. NOTHING changed here.

You guys fail to understand that the buffs to necro did not make them suddenly god like and overpowered. What you are seeing is an influx of necros and fear being used more often because there are simply more people using it.

If everyone was in here whining about Torment I could understand that, but all you guys claiming fear is OP now and unmanageable are just plain ignorant of the fact that nothing was given to this spec in the patch other than ONE utility skill (Spectral Wall) that is easily avoidable.

So remind me again, what exactly is everyone saying is OP now that necros received this supposedly amazing buff to terror that actually doesn’t even exist?

Yes, necros got burning. If you allow a glass cannon necro to drop conditions all over you then you deserve to die. They melt so fast it isn’t even funny. That spec also has VERY LITTLE life force generation which means they don’t have much access to DS either.

Please explain to me how exactly this buff made necros OP? What you all are complaining about (without even realizing it) is that you don’t like necro’s to be stacked on teams. Any team is like this. Remember teams with 2 trap rangers? 2 HGH engi’s? 2 Ele’s? There is nothing different here.

For the sake of your intelligence, please understand that NOTHING was buffed about terror. Nothing… nada. There was no magic bump in damage, no extended duration, no nothing. I’ll say it again. Don’t walk through Spectral Wall and you are now playing against the same necros you faced pre-patch.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

My main was necro since bwe3 and i was playing it for first 2-3 months, back then, we were always focus the enemy’s necro first. Ppl forgot how to react to necro, maybe a little part of the problem comes from players …

That being said, we were expecting some nerf to aoe dmg, (maybe weakness change will solve that problem, i dont know) but now they created a monster that can condi cleave an entire team and with a few cc ready for his disposal. Im sorry but Its plain stupid and boring…

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I’m going to repeat this so that everyone hopefully exercises their ability to read:
-Necro’s got 3 things in this patch.

1)Burning. This is in our power line. Terror necro’s don’t go into this line. It’s the grandmaster trait in this line. If they take it they go 30 deep into it. ANY necro that has burning is pure glass. I guarantee it. Yes necro’s got access to burning but if they are built this way they will literally melt in seconds. It’s a trade off just like any other full glass cannon class. Leave them alone and they will melt you. Play smart and if you see a necro with burning then realize they will explode upon impact.

2) Torment – Probably the most useful buff we got and yet the one that no one is crying about. This allowed us another condition to add to people to cover bleeds. It’s also an immobilize which helps the whole “attrition” class aspect. It doesn’t do much damage but yes it is nice.

3) Spectral Wall – kitten kitten . If you run into this you need to play better. If you get hit with it once ok, it’s a 1s fear, it’s completely avoidable. If a necro drops it on top of you it doesn’t cause fear, you have to actually move through it.

Doom getting a .5 sec buff did absolutely nothing to it. Terror necros are already specced into condi duration to allow for 2 ticks of damage from fear. The .5 sec buff to doom does not extend the fear duration past the 2 ticks. NOTHING changed here.

You guys fail to understand that the buffs to necro did not make them suddenly god like and overpowered. What you are seeing is an influx of necros and fear being used more often because there are simply more people using it.

If everyone was in here whining about Torment I could understand that, but all you guys claiming fear is OP now and unmanageable are just plain ignorant of the fact that nothing was given to this spec in the patch other than ONE utility skill (Spectral Wall) that is easily avoidable.

So remind me again, what exactly is everyone saying is OP now that necros received this supposedly amazing buff to terror that actually doesn’t even exist?

Yes, necros got burning. If you allow a glass cannon necro to drop conditions all over you then you deserve to die. They melt so fast it isn’t even funny. That spec also has VERY LITTLE life force generation which means they don’t have much access to DS either.

Please explain to me how exactly this buff made necros OP? What you all are complaining about (without even realizing it) is that you don’t like necro’s to be stacked on teams. Any team is like this. Remember teams with 2 trap rangers? 2 HGH engi’s? 2 Ele’s? There is nothing different here.

For the sake of your intelligence, please understand that NOTHING was buffed about terror. Nothing… nada. There was no magic bump in damage, no extended duration, no nothing. I’ll say it again. Don’t walk through Spectral Wall and you are now playing against the same necros you faced pre-patch.

You really don’t think the patch just created a “perfect storm” of synergy?

Think about this. You go into burning (necro needed burning – please dont remove it although they should nerf buring possibly). So now you have +30% condi duration. Then you go into curses too. So you have condi damage. Then you take rabids. So you have toughness.

Now, because you went into spite for burning you get +30% condi duration. This makes all the fears 30% longer than they were pre patch before of now going into spite for the burning. And whilst they are feared your other conditions are killing them. Which you now have more of and which again last longer. All whilst the necro still has rabids.

It is the combo or more fears and more damaging conditions = people just die. There are so many options too. The signet of spite is usable followed by a fear chain and the person you do it on will 100% just die. The easiest people to spite bomb are other necros.

Seriously, it sucks. it is lame. Other necros hate it. I know cos I have spoken to them. We don’t want our class to be taken over by lamers running their fotm set ups.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Derps.7421

Engis get a talent for 10 points in explosives witch is a very good trait line that applies 4 secs of burning whenever you crt with no ICD
Necros get a a talent for 30 points in spite witch is a god awful trait line that applies 4 seconds of burning on crt with a 10second ICD
People are really complaining about this?

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

I’ve only played for a couple hours now but yeah… every single map there is 2-3 necros and it just kittened to fight against them. It could be that with time there will be way to deal with it, but its once you get feared you just get 7 condis on you and you simple go from 100-0 stupidly fast… even if you stun-break the conditions just destroy you.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Engis get a talent for 10 points in explosives witch is a very good trait line that applies 4 secs of burning whenever you crt with no ICD
Necros get a a talent for 30 points in spite witch is a god awful trait line that applies 4 seconds of burning on crt with a 10second ICD

Engis trait has the same icd. Engi doesnt have fear though does it. Necro needs burning but perhaps its fear should now be toned down slightly (duration on doom for example) to compensate slightly.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Derps.7421

You know that Terror doesnt do more damage the more conditions people have on them right? I have never seen terror do the insane damage people say it does and it is Legitly impossible to 100-0 someone with fear. Pics/video or its just kittenes qqing because they cant take 3 damage utility skills anymore

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Derps.7421

Engis trait has the same icd. Engi doesnt have fear though does it. Necro needs burning but perhaps its fear should now be toned down slightly (duration on doom for example) to compensate slightly.

They added a .5 of a second to the fear duration…. But fine nerf fear but give necros something else to compensate like stability or vigor. I don’t fun fear builds anyway god kitten people in this game

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You know that Terror doesnt do more damage the more conditions people have on them right? I have never seen terror do the insane damage people say it does and it is Legitly impossible to 100-0 someone with fear. Pics/video or its just kittenes qqing because they cant take 3 damage utility skills anymore

Have you seen the death shroud combo you can do? Seriously. You can do this:

Scepter 2 – bleeds, burning, cripple, weakness
Marks 2,3,5 – more bleeds, chill, poison, then fear

So you have them with like 10 bleeds, chill, burning, cripple and weakness and fear for almost 2 seconds. Then you can do a ds combo timed for when the fear wears off:

ds 2 straight into 3 then channel 5. Or some combo of that. You can literally do the whole ds combo whilst projectile 2 is on route to basically own so hard. O and hello AOE IMMOB on ds5. lol. Ranger get it as an op elite. We get it on a 40s cd….

Then you are out of ds (with fury and retal probably lol!) and can switch into s/d again for some more spam. More burning, more weakness, more bleed, blinds, poison.

And guess what. They are dead.

No skill. No fun.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

They added a .5 of a second to the fear duration…. But fine nerf fear but give necros something else to compensate like stability or vigor. I don’t fun fear builds anyway god kitten people in this game

They buffed about a million things on the already best necro build – the terror build. They gave us:

1, Burning – this was fine
2, More poison on scepter – this was fine
3, More lf gain on staff auto – this was fine
4, Quicker staff auto – this was fine
5, More lf gain on scepter 3 – this was fine
6, A massive weakness buff – this was fine but they left the weakness duration way too long on dagger 5 (aoe btw)
7, They increased the speed of dagger 4 – this was fine
8, They buffed doom which was already good – why? Makes no sense
9, They added fear to spectral wall – this isnt that bad I suppose.
10, They made putrid mark transfer blind – this was fine
11, They added ds5 which is possibly the most op thing ever – probably should be nerfed but is very fun :p

So dont pretend the changes were small. Thats a lot of changes bro. All strictly better than before. O and corrupt boon got nerfed, that was fine.

As for the signet of undeath nerf. It shows how out of touch anet is with necros and the game. people were already deciding signet of undeath wasn’t worth running because you just die when you use it (2 seconds you couldnt dodge etc). This isnt january anymore. Very few necros around. And they probably listened to people who dont even run necro very often. Mistake. Because signet of undeath wasnt really that popular towards the patch.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Necros are fine ( and I’m an ele ) got no problems with them, I win some and lose others, if I do mistakes I lose, I can recognize their pattern of attack with chain fear and signet of spite, seen twice was enough to work out a counter strategy, some changes to my build and I was good to go.

The new patch has brought down mesmers/thieves and made necros fun to play against and more mainstream…I believe the game has never been in a better spot ( I use warrior also with 0/30/30/0/10 bow/axe/shield which works for me )

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

So you have them with like 10 bleeds, chill, burning, cripple and weakness and fear for almost 2 seconds. Then you can do a ds combo timed for when the fear wears off:

ds 2 straight into 3 then channel 5. Or some combo of that. You can literally do the whole ds combo whilst projectile 2 is on route to basically own so hard. O and hello AOE IMMOB on ds5. lol. Ranger get it as an op elite. We get it on a 40s cd….

Then you are out of ds (with fury and retal probably lol!) and can switch into s/d again for some more spam. More burning, more weakness, more bleed, blinds, poison.

No skill. No fun.

do you read what you write? you ran through a chain of skills (omg they apply condis!) and three weapon swaps (counting DS) with specific timings… and you say that takes no skill? It’s not like they’re AI chucking Phantasm Mesmers or lol-I-LoS-while-my-pet-kills-you BM Rangers of old. OMG they’re actually playing the class! What a concept!! lol

nothing but drama queens in these forums…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Nope, instead the engi gets to apply his aoe conditions without needing Epidemic, at least they have access to stability or stealth, at least their heals are way better, and at least their elite isn’t total garbage.

Engineers also get immobilize instead of fear and access to confusion and blind in HGH.

Stop crying.

My necro can still get trained/CC’d to the ground. Thieves still hardcounter necro while you get to flip your grenades around with far lesser cooldowns than marks.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

No skill. No fun.

That’s cool. Could you remind me what the other guy was doing or was supposed to do? I got the feeling that, after reading your post, the combo you just listed only works on someone just standing in the middle of a map like a perfect dummy who decided for some unknown reason to take all the conditions thrown at him like a champ.

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: carlos the dwarf.1038

carlos the dwarf.1038

As a long suffering necro, this thread might just be the best and worst thing I’ve ever had to read on this forum

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

As a long suffering necro, this thread might just be the best and worst thing I’ve ever had to read on this forum

Suffering necro? lol, l2p. Necro’s were insanely good before the patch, that’s why nobody played them.

Wait..

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Suffering necro? lol, l2p. Necro’s were insanely good before the patch, that’s why nobody played them.

Wait..

Necromancers were good before patch, they simply took far more skill. The biggest mistake you could make on trying to run a prepatch Necro was thinking they were good at conditions, prepatch Necromancers were terribad at them compared to other classes, however we had alot of potential in power/bunkering areas. Unfortunately, this patch is more or less for the facerolling masses that don’t know how to play. Now Necro is OP.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Wait..

Necromancers were good before patch, they simply took far more skill. The biggest mistake you could make on trying to run a prepatch Necro was thinking they were good at conditions, prepatch Necromancers were terribad at them compared to other classes, however we had alot of potential in power/bunkering areas. Unfortunately, this patch is more or less for the facerolling masses that don’t know how to play. Now Necro is OP.

Add “Strength of the Underworld” to Grandmaster Spite tree.
Wells last 50% longer, and do 20% more damage

WOW, all I see here is " I play a powermancer!!, Please nerf condis and buff the build i play!!!"

Let me guess you spam wells on a point and hate condi builds. If you think “Strength if the Underworld” is a good idea, your bat kitten crazy.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Wait..

WOW, all I see here is " I play a powermancer!!, Please nerf condis and buff the build i play!!!"

Let me guess you spam wells on a point and hate condi builds. If you think “Strength if the Underworld” is a good idea, your bat kitten crazy.

Hey, guess what. Conditionmancer is overpowered. And I play both. Infact since the buff, I have played nonstop Terrormancer, because it’s overpowered, and easy.

Speaking of which, Strength of the Underworld wouldn’t be overpowered at all, since you’d have to decide on making your Wells stronger, or your overall weapons stronger such as Close to Death on Daggers. That trait would allow for stronger support/team play power builds. If you noticed, I also buffed Minionmancers there, and I hate Minions.

So get over yourself, bro.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Terok.7315

Wait..

So we were awful at conditions and had “potential” at power/bunkering..? Ok then!

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Dominarian.1750

Wait..

—>Necromancers were good before patch, they simply took far more skill. <—
The biggest mistake you could make on trying to run a prepatch Necro was thinking they were good at conditions, prepatch Necromancers were terribad at them compared to other classes, however we had alot of potential in power/bunkering areas. Unfortunately, this patch is more or less for the facerolling masses that don't know how to play. Now Necro is OP.

Loved my necro before patch. Now, I think she’ll be shelved for a while..which makes me a sad panda.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Wait..

So we were awful at conditions and had “potential” at power/bunkering..? Ok then!

Yes, we did. Our condition application was one of the weakest in the game, but we had the strongest AoE in the game. We also had an effective bunker build no one learned how to make except Spazzcromancer.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Wait..

Hey, guess what. Conditionmancer is overpowered. And I play both. Infact since the buff, I have played nonstop Terrormancer, because it’s overpowered, and easy.

Speaking of which, Strength of the Underworld wouldn’t be overpowered at all, since you’d have to decide on making your Wells stronger, or your overall weapons stronger such as Close to Death on Daggers. That trait would allow for stronger support/team play power builds. If you noticed, I also buffed Minionmancers there, and I hate Minions.

Pretty sure you believe you are king of the necros. What is you rank, team, win/loss tournament ratio, or position on the leader board? Pretty sure its all embarrassing

Pretty well known condi was still the favored build for necro in top tournament pvp before the patch. Every necro in the top 50 played condi for the most part. Not saying power build are not good, but your statements are just false. Btw lol at the bro comment, forgot school was out.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Terok.7315

Wait..

Yes, we did.

Believe me, I’m not gonna argue with that.

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

Posted by: stratosphere.9401

stratosphere.9401

Poor roaming capabilities and lack of escape

I think the current necro has adequate strengths to cover these weaknesses

Please nerf necro's

in PvP

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Wait..

Pretty sure you believe you are king of the necros. What is you rank, team, win/loss tournament ratio, or position on the leader board? Pretty sure its all embarrassing

Pretty well known condi was still the favored build for necro in top tournament pvp before the patch. Every necro in the top 50 played condi for the most part. Not saying power build are not good, but your statements are just false. Btw lol at the bro comment, forgot school was out.

Ignorance spreads amongst the masses. I’m tired of reiterating my points to people such as yourself. Don’t believe me? Test it. I tested it, and I used to think the same way you people did until I learned from good players, not the false idols.