Please separate MMR by Profession.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

You may be a god on your Necromancer but you absolutely suck on your Thief. When you log on your Thief you should be matched with people of your current (Thief) skill level.

It’s just as bad as playing with level 1’s.

Kind Regards,

Jasher the Slasher your best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

But then what happens when you create a second necromancer just to crush new players? Sure, your MMR would settle after five games or so. But then you could just create another necro, and another and another…all in search of that lucky 20-game winning streak to hit #1 on the leaderboards…

We need more separation between experienced/pro players and new/casual players, not less separation.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

But then what happens when you create a second necromancer just to crush new players? Sure, your MMR would settle after five games or so. But then you could just create another necro, and another and another…all in search of that lucky 20-game winning streak to hit #1 on the leaderboards…

We need more separation between experienced/pro players and new/casual players, not less separation.

Then it could be separated by Profession then.

in PvP

Posted by: Bohne.9084

Bohne.9084

So separate the MMR class-dependently. We already have statistics sorted by classes.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

So separate the MMR class-dependently. We already have statistics sorted by classes.

Then it could be separated by Profession then.

I could get behind separating MMR by profession. There would be some additional difficulty in programming, as they’d have to add a feature that prevented character swapping after a queue popped. But once that was in place it could be pretty cool.

in PvP

Posted by: TroutNinja.8096

TroutNinja.8096

That is, until Joe SuperNecro queues as his Thief, gets into a game and then switches characters to Necro.

You would also need to disable switching characters after a game has begun, which removes some of the strategy involved in setting up a team for those that are decent at multiple classes.

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

That’s a great idea. I would finally be able to try out a new profession in a non-hotjoin setting without dragging the whole team down.

But yes, it would have to be implemented in a way, that you can only switch characters within a similar MMR-range.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

you can only switch characters within a similar MMR-range.

I was just about to state this as the perfect solution.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

good idea! I hadn’t thought of this. I usually play my other glasses in hot join for a few hours before I queue up for solo or team. But I would bet many don’t. Great suggestion!.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

+1 they should do this, however they should also fix MMR so that new players start lower and it doesn’t change as much after matches. That way if you wanted to ‘smurf’ your way to rank #1 you would still have to win at least 50-60 games, not some 12-0 crap.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

+1 they should do this, however they should also fix MMR so that new players start lower and it doesn’t change as much after matches. That way if you wanted to ‘smurf’ your way to rank #1 you would still have to win at least 50-60 games, not some 12-0 crap.

Great point.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I’m fine with MMR – but not with rank points. If you separate rank points by character, then that’s a disincentive to play on any character but your highest one…

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

You may be a god on your Necromancer but you absolutely suck on your Thief. When you log on your Thief you should be matched with people of your current (Thief) skill level.

It’s just as bad as playing with level 1’s.

Kind Regards,

Jasher the Slasher your best friend.

What you’re asking for makes perfect sense. The only problem is, that it is years in the making with this company (even if it is on the list).

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

It’s an old request, but +1 anyway

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I agree separating MMR by character.

If I attempt to play a Ele, will lose 100 games in a row, so never playing Ele in PvP and will never know how to play Ele in PvP until Ele has a separate MMR…

in PvP

Solstice.1097

Yes please /15char

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

The current match making system is already pretty bad now as it is. Making individual character MMR will just make it even worse. Might even be worthless. People can delete/create new character all day to get artificially reset to farm.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Solstice.1097

The current match making system is already pretty bad now as it is. Making individual character MMR will just make it even worse. Might even be worthless. People can delete/create new character all day to get artificially reset to farm.

yea but that’s not a horrible thing really. we have to accept the fact that newbie players SHOULD have clearly losing records. When newbies start out 11-12 then something is wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

As stated before; tie the MMR to classes (professions).

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

MMR definitely should be tied to classes and they should also show class played on the leaderboards.

Here’s an example of a proper leaderboard:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3#page=1

You can search by class, the type of specific build, and the MMR is visible.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Would be awesome if this happened .But I remember playing a lot of sub par builds on my warrior in solo Q like GS/hammer or hammer/Axe/shield , sword/shield etc.. Or even D/D on my thief.

Separate the MMR by “usual build” please , thank you.

(edited by a t s e.9614)

in PvP

Solstice.1097

make rank character-bound and a rank 10-20 requirement to enter solo/team queue and make MMR character-bound as well. that would give us what we want plus reduce newbs in solo/team queue plus it would be hard to smurf.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Separate the MMR per builds please , thank you.

I wouldn’t want this.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Why not? There should be a list of builds per person that you are comfortable with. So it will never affect MMR from trying to play a random troll build in Solo Q.

Exemple: my usual builds are GS/LB warr and D/P thief but if try to change I will not play at maximum potential unless I pick even easier builds like hambow or P/D SA thief.

So instead of per class you could choose like 3 builds that you have mastered.

Will be impossible to implement so its not even worth discussing. Plus…lets take it one step at a time. Seperate MMR per class first.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Separate the MMR per builds please , thank you.

I wouldn’t want this.

Why not? There should be a list of builds per person that you are comfortable with. So it will never affect MMR from trying to play a random troll build in Solo Q.

Exemple: my usual builds are GS/LB warr and D/P thief but if try to change I will not play at maximum potential unless I pick even easier builds like hambow or P/D SA thief.

So instead of per class you could choose like 3 builds that you have mastered.

Because every balance patch there is a chance my ranking would start over.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I don’t do tpvp on other professions because I feel like I don’t know them well enough and I would be dragging my team down. Profession-bound MMR would be great.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I don’t do tpvp on other professions because I feel like I don’t know them well enough and I would be dragging my team down. Profession-bound MMR would be great.

I think the profession icon should also be reflected on the leaderboards.