RIP Phantasm Mesmers

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

The Minor Adept trait “Illusionists Celerity” has been made the Minor Grandmaster trait and the other Minor traits have been pushed down.

In a patch aimed to create new builds and promote build diversity, you have successfully pigeonholed every mesmer spec to include 25 points in the Illusions line. Within a week after the patch, 90% of mesmers are going to be all shatter spec with no incentive to spec anything else for tournaments.

I understand that phant mesmers were on the OP side in 1v1, but balance shouldn’t revolve around 1v1 and now they’re going to be nearly worthless since they have absolutely no place in high end tournaments and group fights. For anyone who doesn’t understand the effect of this nerf, basically this is a 20% direct nerf to phantasms and ANY non-shatter spec.

That trait is arguably the MOST important one for ANY mesmer build, and now to make it require 25 points in a line that no build needs except for a shatter mesmer is simply ridiculous. If phant mesmers needed a nerf, maybe tone down their damage or HP or rate of fire, but nerfing this trait is directly nerfing EVERY non-shatter spec in the game. (20% higher CD on ALL illusion summoning skills including sword 3, gs 2, staff 2, decoy, mirror images, idefender, all phantasms, etc).

Possibly the worst and biggest nerf to mesmers since the beginning of the game.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

“I understand that phant mesmers were on the OP side in 1v1,”

then a nerf was required, don’t argue with that

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Phantasm mesmers were already useless to a team. They were however (along with BM rangers) totally broken 1v1. This is a good thing.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

This isn’t just nerfing phantasms, this is nerfing EVERY non-shatter spec. My point is if you want to nerf a phantasm mesmer, then nerf their damage or whatever else. However this nerf is overkill and basically kills any build diversity within the class

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

So basically it’s okay to balance a game around 1v1? And in doing so, effectively kill any viable spec besides one?

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Phantasm mesmer is not a strong team fighter, but don’t tell me they’re useless to a team.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

They’re not useless but had no place in high end tournaments, sure using them as a far point assaulter is decent in random tournaments vs random players. But the point is in a patch that was trying to build diversity for so many other classes, ended up completely nerfing mesmers to only be able to use one build in sPVP.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I can only hope that they’re modifying all of the other clone generation weapon skills to compensate.

Call me Smith.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Jonwar.9205

You should not balance the game around 1v1, but when a spec is totally broken 1v1 (where the only real way to beat it is with another broken 1v1 spec, or if the other player is absolutely horrible) there’s an issue.

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

I understand that Jonwar, but this huge nerf is crippling far more than just a phantasm spec. To put into perspective how big of a nerf this is for non-shatter mesmers, there’s going to be a 20% direct nef to the following skills:

1 – Mirror Blade
2 – iBerzerker
3 – Phase Retreat
4 – iWarlock
5 – Illusionary Counter
6 – Illusionary Leap
7 – Illusionary Riposte
8 – iSwordsman
9 – iDuelist
10 – iWarden
11 – iMage
12 – iDisenchanter
13 – iDefender
14 – Decoy
15 – Mirror Images

One change is nerfing 15 skills by 20%. This is by FAR the worst nerf any class has gotten since the beginning of the game. I’m sorry I usually don’t complaing or cry for nerfs or ask for buffs often, but any mesmer will tell you how game-breaking of a change this really is

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

So the damage is slightly reduced on one of the most easy mode brain dead classes in the game. Sounds like a step in the right direction that didn’t go far enough.

Maybe they will add more mechanics to mesmers that let the AI play for you more.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Jonwar.9205

Personally I would have liked to see something like a 20% damage nerf to all ‘pets’. I’d even nerf the rock dog. This works too though I guess.

Haven’t heard of any mesmer builds beyond shatter, phantasm or condi (which doesn’t really work anyways).

Jangeol – WvW Warrior

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

Albundy: You’ve gotta be trolling or just not understand that you’ll be seeing 20% longer CD on all illusion summoning skills, including phantasms(damage nerf) and escapes/stunbreakers like stealth and mirror images (defensive nerf).

This is more than just ‘damage is slightly reduced’

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

I’m not trolling and you making this thread is a testament to the terrible state this game’s pvp is in. Do you want sympathy your not gonna get it. Do you struggle on your Mesmer are you the .00000000000000001% of the population that has a hard time using the mesmer class?

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

I understand that Jonwar, but this huge nerf is crippling far more than just a phantasm spec. To put into perspective how big of a nerf this is for non-shatter mesmers, there’s going to be a 20% direct nef to the following skills:

1 – Mirror Blade
2 – iBerzerker
3 – Phase Retreat
4 – iWarlock
5 – Illusionary Counter
6 – Illusionary Leap
7 – Illusionary Riposte
8 – iSwordsman
9 – iDuelist
10 – iWarden
11 – iMage
12 – iDisenchanter
13 – iDefender
14 – Decoy
15 – Mirror Images

One change is nerfing 15 skills by 20%. This is by FAR the worst nerf any class has gotten since the beginning of the game. I’m sorry I usually don’t complaing or cry for nerfs or ask for buffs often, but any mesmer will tell you how game-breaking of a change this really is

I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with that at all! A minor trait that allows you to reduce at least 1 skill in every weapon set, no exception, and some skills, can’t be considere balanced at no means.

If it was reduced to ‘summon illusions, only’ skills restrictions, I’d give you a point that this change is too much. However, it affects phantasms and other skills that do more than just summon an illusion (Illu leap for example)!

Can you imagine if another profession could potentially reduce some of their skills cd in every weapon set? That wouldn’t be balanced, and thats not counting the fact that mesmers can reduce 40% cd of some skills, with combined traits…

So yeah, I think moving it into a GM minor trait is justificable :^T

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Albundy: You’ve gotta be trolling or just not understand that you’ll be seeing 20% longer CD on all illusion summoning skills, including phantasms(damage nerf) and escapes/stunbreakers like stealth and mirror images (defensive nerf).

This is more than just ‘damage is slightly reduced’

Yo-You mean mesmers now will have to think twice before spamming skills on recharge to avoid losing “important” AI controlled pet?

IN KARL WE BELIEVE!

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

It doesn’t kill it, it tones it down by shifting your points.
Gj karl I find the celerity change interesting.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

I’m not trolling and you making this thread is a testament to the terrible state this game’s pvp is in. Do you want sympathy your not gonna get it. Do you struggle on your Mesmer are you the .00000000000000001% of the population that has a hard time using the mesmer class?

Listen, I understand people wanted a change to phantasm mesmers, and I AGREE they deserved to be nerfed. I have played a mesmer from the start, and always mess around with random builds rather than the same cookie cutter shatter or phantasm builds. My point about this thread isn’t for any sympathy, it’s just pointing out that this change makes it mandatory to spec 25 points into illusions (shatter line), effectively killing EVERY non-shatter spec for all game modes just because one specific build was broken for 1v1.

There could have been many other ways to nerf it, but this was not the answer and makes all mesmers that play all gametypes suffer.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

It doesn’t kill it, it tones it down by shifting your points.
Gj karl I find the celerity change interesting.

It doesn’t shift any points, it makes it mandatory to put 25 points into the line. A lot like how an ele is always going to be stuck using points in arcane.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-NFRg;1VPVz0R7JVF71;9;4JJ-9J29-18;24;029-UJV4;2JF04JF0D5BE

Drop greatsword, take staff, drop 10 frop dom and put it into illusions. GG you have a build that’s just as powerful, more defensive, and can take Illusionary Persona for shatter effects at your location. Would look like this:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-NFRZ;1VPVz0R7JVF71;9;49J-9T2;018;24;029AUJk6;2JF04JF0D5Bc

Yeah you lose 100 power + phant zerker, but greatsword is for trash players anyway. We still have a powerhouse 1v1 build, it’s just not omnipotent anymore.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

I’m sorry but hybrid shatter/phantasm builds are complete trash. Especially if you’re using a staff, there’s no reason to ever even try to be a phantasm mesmer since staff phantasm’s projectile is extremely easy to avoid.

No offense, but you must not do any high end tournaments to think a build like that is going to work.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

Also, your first build is somewhat more viable, but almost any experienced mesmer knows that the compounding 3% damage per illusion trait is bugged, and doesn’t effect your phantasm damage (only effects self damage and shatter damage)

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I’m sorry but hybrid shatter/phantasm builds are complete trash. Especially if you’re using a staff, there’s no reason to ever even try to be a phantasm mesmer since staff phantasm’s projectile is extremely easy to avoid.

No offense, but you must not do any high end tournaments to think a build like that is going to work.

Please, because phant zerker is SO HARD TO AVOID ZOMG. Staff is all around better than greatsword and if you don’t feel like taking shatter trait you can put the 5 points in master minor for inspiration or grandmaster minor for dueling. This isn’t the end of the world, it’s a minor rebalancing.

Most phant mesmers are already running staff over GS, have you been watching SOAC or Team Sleepy? Stuff like this is popular (but obv needs adjustment now):

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-NZ-FR;0VPV11y6kW-71;9;49T-J42;0148;134;2U-k6C;1KJG4KJG45BF

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Errant Venture.9371)

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

I really hope that this change is reconsidered because it does hurt build diversity.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

koolmutt.9827

^ Which is my point. I don’t care for phantasm specs specifically nor do I care that we can try to adjust points around to get a somewhat decent phantasm build. The whole point is this patch is basically forcing 25 points in illusions for a spec to be somewhat viable. Which is ironic because the whole point of this patch was to promote diversity and unused trait lines for all classes

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

Don’t break out the build diversity nonsense to support your point. Stop being such a whiner. No one is forcing you to do anything.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

I don’t see what all the fuss is about. Mesmers in this game are just as broken of a class as Thieves are. Having to deal with Ai in abundance while you go blinking/stealthing away while waiting for sword CD is/WAS kittened.

the AI this class has and the spawn rate is rather Over-the-top. The damage output is Over-the-Top all while you blink and stay stealth.

How bout using some skill for a change? You guys were just as bad as Rangers who relied on their pets to do ALL of the work while they auto-attacked.

Build diversity is not a scary thing. Embrace it, be tactful with choice of talents now. The better players will move on while the QQers turn into dust. Evolution of a MMO…. adapt or die.

Getting no symphony from me, that’s for sure. Then again, I don’t have any issues with any spec you guys are… but I know most people do. See you next patch.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

(edited by Legacy.7360)

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

It doesn’t destroy the builds. You’re over exaggerating. I mained Mesmer since beta. All it does is force you to actually think about your actions instead mindlessly spamming clones and phantasms on lower than normal CDs.

Besides that, listing all of those skills it affects and how much of an impact it had on Mesmer only solidifies that it deserves to be a grandmaster trait instead of a measly 5 point minor. You’re actually wanting sympathy? Really?

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

It doesn’t destroy the builds. You’re over exaggerating. I mained Mesmer since beta. All it does is force you to actually think about your actions instead mindlessly spamming clones and phantasms on lower than normal CDs.

Besides that, listing all of those skills it affects and how much of an impact it had on Mesmer only solidifies that it deserves to be a grandmaster trait instead of a measly 5 point minor. You’re actually wanting sympathy? Really?

Preach on.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sinnoda.2569

Sinnoda.2569

I love how the whiners are yelling about destroying build diversity, and focusing on 1% of the changes out of context. The new Interrupt Mesmer says hello.

The Phant Mes isnt even going anywhere. It gets a little weaker(which it sorely needed) while a brand new build is born. This is a great patch by Anet on almost all account, but whiners will be whiners no matter what you give them.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Ainianu.5693

Ainianu.5693

hrm this patch has not gone live yet for me, so cannot comment on it.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You people realize that Phantasms (ALL PHANTASMS!) Had their CD’s increased by an ENORMOUS amount in the october november time frame right? Anets justification for doing such was illusionists celerity’s location on our trait tree. This traits movement now makes the untraited staff (w/o iCelerity) have no C/D under 10s? Im sorry but almost every other class has one or two skills on their weapon outside of AA under 10s…. Then we have some weapons in this game like ranger shortbow with the longest CD at 25s. Then we have things like our torch that is on a 30s cooldown for both skills. I understand that ele’s suffer from really long cooldowns. However they essentially have 4 weaponsets they can cycle through. So in some cases by the time they get back to that skill that is on 40s CD it is off or close to off. Mesmers (for classes that have 2 weaponsets) have some of the largest portion of skills cooldowns that exceed 10s and only get higher the further up.

To be honest if they wanted to nerf phantasm builds all they had to freaking do was delete the empowered illusions trait. This trait should no longer exist since clones do not do damage. Or make phantasmal strength a GM major trait. This nerf really hurts mesmer build diversity as it puts insanely long cooldowns on builds that have nothing to do with shattering (ones that use phantasmal defender for one.) I hope this patch isn’t true because if so even the notes that were on the other leaked patch notes are no longer in this one (PU/Furious interruption etc.) and that makes this patch more of a flat nerf than build diversifier/trait rework for mesmers. I can make it work. But other builds that were not phantasm OR shatter are going to have issues. And to be honest I dont freaking blame them.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

So basically it’s okay to balance a game around 1v1? And in doing so, effectively kill any viable spec besides one?

You are falling for the age old World of Warcraft excuse “we don’t balance the game around 1v1”.

This is just lip service from developers to make you think balance is far more nebulous and take them off the hook for imbalances in 90% of the action in PvP.

So many people believed this garbage with WoW that it’s now accepted as truth with every MMO.

Here’s the real truth…You CAN’T balance the game around more than 1v1.

Think about it…you have far too many variables.

First, you have to decide how many to balance around. With WoW, would it be 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, world pvp? In GW2, you might pick 5v5, but is that the actual amount of players fighting at the same time? Spectate any match and see how often it’s one set number versus one set number fighting. It’s impossible to pick.

Even if you could pick a number to balance around, then you have to decide what mix of classes will be in that “group”. RMP were the dominant 3 classes for years in WoW despite them claiming to balance the game around 3v3. Some classes were totally extinct in 2s and 3s, which proved that this whole ‘group balancing’ thing was sheer folly. The same is true in GW2.

On the flip side…think about it…if every class were balanced for 1v1, then they would also be pretty close to balanced 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, etc.

Even if there were slight anomalies, they would still be much easier to fix than trying some nebulous number and mix of classes to balance around.

It’s not a coincidence that Mesmers and Thieves are more popular than other classes. It’s because they are far too ridiculous 1v1.

Unless you want all the classes to be wasted programming or enjoy seeing sPvP filled with just a few classes, take your nerf and stop whining about how you aren’t viable anymore.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

jportell.2197

I love how the whiners are yelling about destroying build diversity, and focusing on 1% of the changes out of context. The new Interrupt Mesmer says hello.

The Phant Mes isnt even going anywhere. It gets a little weaker(which it sorely needed) while a brand new build is born. This is a great patch by Anet on almost all account, but whiners will be whiners no matter what you give them.

For interrupts to be more viable (plus the “leaked” patch notes don’t agree might for 5s vs. 5 stacks of might for interrupts etc) they need to remove the ICD on mantra of distraction and make the 6th rune of the mesmer have a better bonus than it does right now.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

lol… they nerfed Phantasm Mesmers because bad players were crying about them. This change will completely destroy the spec. lol… Well, no hair off my nose, Shatter is the stronger spec anyway. lol. Ah… this is funny.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

They nerf phantasm mesmers because they think they are OP, they leave the class that can 1 shot you from stealth intact…

THIEVES WARS 2 !!!!

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

There are none other class out there that has a trait that reduce CD of ALL skills (Weapon Set + Ultility). All of them either one type of Ultility (Cantrip,Trap,Etc..) or one type of weapon set only, with the exception of Mesmer. On top of that,they have also our normal reduce CD trait as well, combine these two together is way over the top. With mere 5 points, you have 40% CD reduction on ALL skills that summons Illusions on ALL weapon set, also included 20% CD of All ultilities skill that also spawn clones(40% if traited), not to mention you have three skills that spawn clones PLus Breakstun skill. With mere 5 pts, that is way too many advantages with hardly any effort at all if any. While I disagree with you about this change is unnecessary, they are mandatory for a more healthy game experience but still think they make it minor trait for grandmaster is a bit too much, rather I would say make it MAJOR trait is Master is sufficient.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

jportell.2197

There are none other class out there that has a trait that reduce CD of ALL skills (Weapon Set + Ultility). All of them either one type of Ultility (Cantrip,Trap,Etc..) or one type of weapon set only, with the exception of Mesmer. On top of that,they have also our normal reduce CD trait as well, combine these two together is way over the top. With mere 5 points, you have 40% CD reduction on ALL skills that summons Illusions on ALL weapon set, also included 20% CD of All ultilities skill that also spawn clones(40% if traited), not to mention you have three skills that spawn clones PLus Breakstun skill. With mere 5 pts, that is way too many advantages with hardly any effort at all if any. While I disagree with you about this change is unnecessary, they are mandatory for a more healthy game experience but still think they make it minor trait for grandmaster is a bit too much, rather I would say make it MAJOR trait is Master is sufficient.

Or they could have at least made it a Major adept trait (would be in line with blade training etc.) I just hope the other buffs that were leaked in the reddit patch note actually happen. Oh and btw thieves are just getting LS initiative cost increased by one… SOOOOO much of a nerf -_-

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

You are falling for the age old World of Warcraft excuse “we don’t balance the game around 1v1”.

This is just lip service from developers to make you think balance is far more nebulous and take them off the hook for imbalances in 90% of the action in PvP.

So many people believed this garbage with WoW that it’s now accepted as truth with every MMO.

Here’s the real truth…You CAN’T balance the game around more than 1v1.

Think about it…you have far too many variables.

First, you have to decide how many to balance around. With WoW, would it be 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, world pvp? In GW2, you might pick 5v5, but is that the actual amount of players fighting at the same time? Spectate any match and see how often it’s one set number versus one set number fighting. It’s impossible to pick.

Even if you could pick a number to balance around, then you have to decide what mix of classes will be in that “group”. RMP were the dominant 3 classes for years in WoW despite them claiming to balance the game around 3v3. Some classes were totally extinct in 2s and 3s, which proved that this whole ‘group balancing’ thing was sheer folly. The same is true in GW2.

On the flip side…think about it…if every class were balanced for 1v1, then they would also be pretty close to balanced 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, etc.

Even if there were slight anomalies, they would still be much easier to fix than trying some nebulous number and mix of classes to balance around.

It’s not a coincidence that Mesmers and Thieves are more popular than other classes. It’s because they are far too ridiculous 1v1.

Unless you want all the classes to be wasted programming or enjoy seeing sPvP filled with just a few classes, take your nerf and stop whining about how you aren’t viable anymore.

10000000…..n+ times this!

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Jasher.6580

lol… you know what’s going to happen? Now that more people will be playing Shatter… these baddies are going to get beat even worse than when they were playing against Phantasm builds… then they are going to run to the forums and QQ about Shatter being an OP 1v1 AND team fighting spec.

Please don’t do it. You cried hard and got lolPhantasmlol nerfed. Please be satisfied and leave Shatter alone.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

lol… you know what’s going to happen? Now that more people will be playing Shatter… these baddies are going to get beat even worse than when they were playing against Phantasm builds… then they are going to run to the forums and QQ about Shatter being an OP 1v1 AND team fighting spec.

Please don’t do it. You cried hard and got lolPhantasmlol nerfed. Please be satisfied and leave Shatter alone.

Shatter spec lose against better players…not like phantasm build where you spamm illusion with 4k+ HP each critting for 8k+…-_-

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Fact: I could beat any Phantasm Mesmer on a Thief, Necro, Bunker Engineer or Sword/Shield, Scepter/Focus DPS Guardian. I am utterly confused when people say they had a hard time beating a phantasm Mesmer 1v1.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

jportell.2197

THIS NERF DOESN"T JUST AFFECT THE PHANTASM BUILD! It effects defensive builds it affects mantra builds (however rare they were), IT AFFECTS CONDITION BUILDS THAT WOULD ONLY GO 20 DEEP INTO ILLUSIONS! This is a blanket nerf to the mesmer class, not a nerf just to phantasm builds (if they axed empowered illusions THAT would have been a nerf to phantasm builds!) However soon i think people will see a lot more boon heavy bunker mesmers… I am just sad that freaking thief LS (can be spammed at least THREE TIMES IN A ROW) did not get a higher initiative increase… That is BS.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Shatter spec lose against better players…not like phantasm build where you spamm illusion with 4k+ HP each critting for 8k+…-_-

Shatter spec loses against better players… Phantasm builds lose against mediocre players who don’t suffer from Down syndrome.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Shatter spec loses against better players… Phantasm builds lose against mediocre players who don’t suffer from Down syndrome.

So you can beat a phantasm mesmer with a thief/necro/engy and …guardian…of course we’ve got only your words as proof of it…and of course you play mesmer…and of course you start to belittle people.
I believe the ones with Down syndrome are the phantasm mesmer you played against
(assuming it’s true) , if you were able to beat some new kid who just installed GW2 the other day than cool..if you want to try your luck against an average phantasm mesmer..let me know we can organize the match, record it and post on the forum for everybody to watch

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

jportell.2197

So you can beat a phantasm mesmer with a thief/necro/engy and …guardian…of course we’ve got only your words as proof of it…and of course you play mesmer…and of course you start to belittle people.
I believe the ones with Down syndrome are the phantasm mesmer you played against
(assuming it’s true) , if you were able to beat some new kid who just installed GW2 the other day than cool..if you want to try your luck against an average phantasm mesmer..let me know we can organize the match, record it and post on the forum for everybody to watch

Dodge initial burst of phantasms (mesmers only pop two to start)
AOE area to death (if it doesn’t kill the mesmer it really hurts them and kills phantasms)
Profit.
BTW You’re welcome.

Phantasm mesmers were good at dealing with far point bunkers that didn’t have enough Sustain to out damage the mesmers 20s (lol) heal. I like bunker builds and run a bunker mes myself (GASP!) and just because phantasm mesmers can handle a bunker build better than certain other specs in the game made them OP apparently. I was all for a phantasm nerf trust me I knew it was over the top. But this nerf is not the way to deal with a single spec. It is like the RTL nerf (which i still say was WRONG!!!!) on Ele’s because it affected more than 1 build and didn’t do much to hurt the bunker spec because they just sat on point and chilled forever.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

phantasm is dead because they have to wait more 4s to cast OP illusions? lol kinda funny

and simply no….. if illusions get the effect of signet of illusions, u need to spend 6k+ dmg on each. while taking full retal dmg and letting the mesmer freecast on you.

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

jportell.2197

phantasm is dead because they have to wait more 4s to cast OP illusions? lol kinda funny

and simply no….. if illusions get the effect of signet of illusions, u need to spend 6k+ dmg on each. while taking full retal dmg and letting the mesmer freecast on you.

Like i said this isn’t a direct nerf to phantasm builds. It is a broad nerf to ALL mesmer builds (unlike other classes we have no choice in whether or not we have illusions all that’s left is auto attack or stupidly long control skills.) Anet should have done something to empowering illusions and/or phantasmal strength. We have already seen CD increases in EVERY WEAPON SKILL WE HAVE…. this just makes it longer… Honestly if these are in the patch. GG Non-shatter not cookie cutter mesmers (you know condi damage etc)

Edit: And ANET still needs to address certain mesmers skills that work with NEITHER IC or the respective weapon trait… This is just ridiculous.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

RIP Phantasm Mesmers

in PvP

Posted by: Sinnoda.2569

Sinnoda.2569

jportell, you can still take that trait if you want. They didn’t take it out of the game, it’s in a different spot. “OMG, I have to change my build slightly?! MES IS RUINED!!!!”

Even if you don’t choose to take the trait now, will Mesmers be unviable and weak? Most definitely no. Get over it and move on.