Warrior Discussion

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

Notice nobody in the top 100 are complaining about warriors right now. It’s because everyone knows that warriors have their counters. It’s OK for classes to have powerful tools as long as the class has solid counters, also.

Hi, I’m top 10 and warriors are op.

Idk Fuzion they are strong but not OP.. I clearly remember winning against USA a few nights ago and Quilja beat you on your Longbow/Hammer warrior at mansion in 2 1vs1’s… Engi isn’t a full counter for warrior but he’s a pro engi so their still is skill counter.. I think you’re just mad Phaeton won that 1vs1 (; hahahaha <3 love you bro bro

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

People are always whining.
“QQ heavy condi meta sucks, worst meta ever”
and when something comes to counter this: “QQ warriors are OP.”

seriously, what’s next?

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Seikenz.4359

Seikenz.4359

Two things for incoming patch please:

1. Reduce regen from Hea;ing Singner by 100
2. Cleasing Ire: 1 sec cd on adrealine gain when hit

Thank you

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Two things for incoming patch please:

1. Reduce regen from Hea;ing Singner by 100
2. Cleasing Ire: 1 sec cd on adrealine gain when hit

Thank you

You know what?

Healing Signet sucks.

No, not saying it’s not strong or something like thakittens

design sucks. Two things can happen:

A) It has a lower HPS than other skills. This means no one will use it, as it was before. The fact that it heals you since the starting of a fight is not a great reason: most fight last long enough to make the advantage negligible. And other skills offer more advantages.

B) It has a higher dps than other skills. This means many people will use it. But HS is a boring skill with vague counterplay. And people feel it’s bad for the meta.

Conclusion: change the skill into something completely different. Toggle in-toggle out, a banner, I don’t know.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Notice nobody in the top 100 are complaining about warriors right now. It’s because everyone knows that warriors have their counters. It’s OK for classes to have powerful tools as long as the class has solid counters, also.

Idk Fuzion they are strong but not OP.. I clearly remember winning against USA a few nights ago and Quilja beat you on your Longbow/Hammer warrior at mansion in 2 1vs1’s… Engi isn’t a full counter for warrior but he’s a pro engi so their still is skill counter.. I think you’re just mad Phaeton won that 1vs1 (; hahahaha <3 love you bro bro

I’ve played roughly 10 games on warrior? Good job I guess?

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Cause you are a necro.

Also, I play much more the necro, The only people who think warriors are in a good place right now are the people playing them. They are way out of hand right now.
Zerker stance, Healing signet, The amount of CC they put out. If thats balanced then godkitten I need to find a different game.

RIP op warrior oct 2nd

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

I’ve played roughly 10 games on warrior? Good job I guess?

Lies! What happened to Fuzion Best Warrior/Trebber NA?!?! You’ve had a warrior for a while! you had a cool name for it as well, can’t remember the name but it was a sexy human and you used to rock GS!

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Warrior needs tweaking. Not much but they do need a bit of tweaking.

Zerker stance could be 6s instead of 8s. Even then that’s a cheesy skill. Healing Signet and any passive+active needs to be better used than left alone.

Engi and Necro have really bad CC defense by design and it shows in that matchup. Some of it is their build choice, but I’ve been on the receiving end of enough paralyzation stunlocks to see that it’s a joke, even if you have decently high stab uptime classes.

Slightly nerfing zerker stance & healing signet is the best way to deal with Warrior. Tankiness in Zerker Ammy is absolutely ridiculous.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

When everything combine together, warriors are OP. Berserker Stance + Cleansing Ire +Longbow F1 + Unsuspecting Foe + Lyssa Rune + Healing Signet. It’s call cheese because it takes no skills to be effective. (Like S/D thief, Nerco) and if you want the game to be fun, to be balance, you need to remove those cheesy things.

Not only warriors need nerf, S/D thief, Nerco, Spirit Ranger all need to get nerf as well. Like I said, everything that’s unpredictable shouldn’t be so effective in this game. (Ex. Nerco’s Fears, marks, Spirit Ranger’s Passives and Actives, Warrior’s Skull Crack, S/D thief’s Sword #3, etc)

This game is dead because there are so many bad players that play easy build and been so effective even they play bad.

Also, I dont play my build anymore and I feel sorry for this community because I have created a monster.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Cause you are a necro.

Also, I play much more the necro, The only people who think warriors are in a good place right now are the people playing them. They are way out of hand right now.
Zerker stance, Healing signet, The amount of CC they put out. If thats balanced then godkitten I need to find a different game.

RIP op warrior oct 2nd

Have you considered investing in few offensive Utilities and Traits? Most Necros use maybe 1 defensive utility, most Warriors run 2 and sometime all 3 are defensive. I’d love to be able to run 2 offensive Utilities as a Warrior, but if I did we wouldn’t be able to survive. It isn’t like Necro doesn’t have the tools to hold out vs a Warrior, but it appears that they don’t want to sacrifice offense in order to have more survival which isn’t the warrior’s fault.

We had to adapt in order kill you, now you have to adapt if you want to kill us.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Zerk stance could increase damage instead condition imunity.
If you guys think this skill is too strong actualy…

I said and say again, this skill is bad and weak. Trash if compared to Automated Response of Engineers :/

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Engi have really bad CC defense by design

Yep, naturally i agree in 100%

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stabilized_Armor
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protection_Injection

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Skull Crack

Is predictable. Once u see warrior switching to mace/shield u should know its coming.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Automated Response is only good in the hands of a decent Engi and against a team stupid enough to go all condis. It does not make you god mode. Its actually worthless against a burst team.

Cheesy stuff does need to be there for noobs, but when it is the best build for a class and requires a total change in tactics that’s a serious problem in competitive play.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

We had to adapt in order kill you, now you have to adapt if you want to kill us.

No, you got buffs.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I really can’t understand how people can think that warrior doesn’t have too much right now. In the same build, you are strong against condis (cleansing ire + zerker stance), strong against CC (lots of stability), strong against sustained damage (healing signet + adrenal health), and have more than enough survivability to withstand instant-burst (high health + toughness). The only weakness is repeated burst, which only a couple builds can do (BS thieves and shatter mes), and it could be argued they are slightly over the top and need some toning down (specifically mesmer when condis no longer dominate). In an attempt to make warrior strong enough, they literally removed every inherent weakness in the class.

Also, to people who complain that warrior’s “have to take 3 defensive utilities to survive,” do you know who else had to and was considered way OP: pre oblivion-nerf ele. Don’t act like building offensively and relying on some amazing utilities is some kind of plight.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I really can’t understand how people can think that warrior doesn’t have too much right now. In the same build, you are strong against condis (cleansing ire + zerker stance), strong against CC (lots of stability), strong against sustained damage (healing signet + adrenal health), and have more than enough survivability to withstand instant-burst (high health + toughness). The only weakness is repeated burst, which only a couple builds can do (BS thieves and shatter mes), and it could be argued they are slightly over the top and need some toning down (specifically mesmer when condis no longer dominate). In an attempt to make warrior strong enough, they literally removed every inherent weakness in the class.

Also, to people who complain that warrior’s “have to take 3 defensive utilities to survive,” do you know who else had to and was considered way OP: pre oblivion-nerf ele. Don’t act like building offensively and relying on some amazing utilities is some kind of plight.

I hope u don’t trying compare warrior to pre-nerf ele..

And u know..i want to run bolas+kick+stomp utilities, but i can’t, why? If u don’t know yet go figure. We’re forced to run defensive utilities as without them were the same easy targets as we used to be.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Actually, if you watch the gw2pvptv stream, most streamers I have seen (Arken, OstrichEggs, Muffinz, phantaram) agree that the regen on warrior’s right now with the signet is just over-the-top. The problem with the current design is that it plays into the rock-paper-scissors class design where there are hard-counters and doesn’t lend itself to play-style counters. That is a problem for warr’s as it is for necros and old spirit rangers.

Sustain is only powerful on warriors right now because of the Sigil of Paralyzation bug (+1 full second stun duration). Because of this, warriors can chain stuns much more effectively than intended, and they take less damage than intended too, because a stunned opponent is not dealing damage. Fix the sigil, and it becomes very apparent that warrior sustain is balanced.

Same players talk like all warriors run Stun Lock build…
- What happens with all another warrior’s build if decrease sustain?
- What happens with another weapons if nerfed?
- What happens with this class if still lacking sustain?

Well lets see, How about we ask the Ranger.

People had no qualms about crapping on their builds every patch, even though multiple modes were hit.

by your means, some one got crap on so every one else should get crap on too? must be a lovely life you have there. if you really want to talk about it, warrior have been buttom tier for pvp for 6 months, and not even the best in pve, everyone say they are the best because all they do is cof1 farm and they are the best at cof1 when theres 4 of them. guardian can faceroll arah, fotm way better then warrior do, just saying. so by your means, every class should be atleast freekill tier for 6 months to begin with.

Rangers were bottom tier till I created BM Bunker, and did you really just whine about Warriors in PVE? Really?

/facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

There is not one thing on the Warrior that is truly over the top, There is a bunch of little things when added together that is over the top.

Would the Skullcrack be overpowered if the Warrior had no Sustain?

Would the Sustain be overpowered if Warriors didn’t have High Damage with certain Combo’s or Mobility?

All these little changes completely made the Warrior overpowered, Which is kind of funny when right before they got all these changes, You had the Devs talking about how they were scared to buff the Necromancer and the Warrior because just a little bit could send them over the line… and sure enough…They did just that..They piled it on both classes and now we got this current setup.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Thanks guys!

We’re being very mindful about the way the Sigil of Para fix will hit Warriors. We’ve already got another balance patch brewing, and we’re being very careful to watch all the classes and see how they feel after we shave down the condition spam classes slightly.

As others have said, once we bring down the conditions that “hold down” some of the physical based classes, they will feel stronger. We’re aware of that!

Thanks again for the feedback!

Good to hear, but hard to believe.
And yes pls nerf the their heal signet or make the heal addicted from the adrenalin bars, and change the stun from the hammer burstskill into a daze, also from the maze (or reduce the duration).

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

I can’t believe anyone would dare to compare the current state of Warrior to anything close to being as overpowered as Necro’s at their height.. Warrior is nowhere close to being that ridiculously broken and overpowered.. Sorry i can’t just pick up a warrior and 5 minutes later wipe a whole team fight by spamming all my mark abilities, switching to scepter dagger hitting 2 and 5 and watching everyone on the other team die.. At least with warrior you need to set up your combos to be effective.. For skullcrack hundred blades is strong, but only if the opponent is bad enough not to dodge the skullcrack.. Where as there is no way to avoid getting condi spammed and feared to oblivion.. So don’t dare compare Necro OPness to Warrior actually being decent..

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Not to mention cc warrior is hard countered by stability.

Really the only change I would make to warrior is increased skull crack cast time. It’s too strong of an ability to be that quick. I honestly believe that would put warrior at a perfect balance.

Nerfing/fixing sigil of para would also work, but I think changing it would be too broad of a stroke. Too many other ccs are just not strong enough without it working as it is.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Really the only change I would make to warrior is increased skull crack cast time. It’s too strong of an ability to be that quick. I honestly believe that would put warrior at a perfect balance.

Nerfing/fixing sigil of para would also work, but I think changing it would be too broad of a stroke. Too many other ccs are just not strong enough without it working as it is.

So its fine when warrior has a 3/4 sec or even 1.75! sec casttime, but its not fine when they have 1 skill which is insta like other classes? Want telegraphed skills? Start working on rest classes with their zoo and mother. Warrior actually has too much telegraphed skills compared to rest.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

+1

But let’s face it, if anything has lowered the skill floor on warriors it’s been the buff to sustain, which would happen if they increased sustain of any class.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

No, you got buffs.

We got buffs specifically for the purpose of countering the condition meta. It doesn’t change the fact that all of said buffs are ONLY strong vs conditions. Zerker Stance, Cleansing Ire, and Dogged March are very limited in terms of what they are strong against. The combination of skills and traits is what makes Healing Signet have any use at all.

We adapted our strategy in response to the changes we got. Before, most warriors were running GS + LB or Mace/Shield and basically had to play like thieves without stealth. When we got the changes we asked for we used them to counter the very builds that were making us useless in PvP. Now suddenly some want nerfs to apparently every single change we’ve received, yet it was only until warrior received the healing buffs that we became viable.

If I were to only run Healing Signet and not any of the aforementioned skills/traits you know how effective I’d be? I would be absolutely worthless. If I didn’t run Dogged March you know what would happen? I would be kited and worn down much easier. No Cleansing Ire? Beserker Stance wouldn’t be enough to mitigate the conditions.

What we have is a highly specialized build designed for one purpose, to kill the meta that the majority of the community hates. It’s a great excuse to not run the meta because it’s gradually becoming less and less powerful in Hotjoin and SoloQ. Now all we need is to see more Warriors in TPvP and the meta may change without any major nerfs to the condi builds in question.

Just an angry old man…

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

No, you got buffs.

We got buffs specifically for the purpose of countering the condition meta. It doesn’t change the fact that all of said buffs are ONLY strong vs conditions. Zerker Stance, Cleansing Ire, and Dogged March are very limited in terms of what they are strong against. The combination of skills and traits is what makes Healing Signet have any use at all.

We adapted our strategy in response to the changes we got. Before, most warriors were running GS + LB or Mace/Shield and basically had to play like thieves without stealth. When we got the changes we asked for we used them to counter the very builds that were making us useless in PvP. Now suddenly some want nerfs to apparently every single change we’ve received, yet it was only until warrior received the healing buffs that we became viable.

If I were to only run Healing Signet and not any of the aforementioned skills/traits you know how effective I’d be? I would be absolutely worthless. If I didn’t run Dogged March you know what would happen? I would be kited and worn down much easier. No Cleansing Ire? Beserker Stance wouldn’t be enough to mitigate the conditions.

What we have is a highly specialized build designed for one purpose, to kill the meta that the majority of the community hates. It’s a great excuse to not run the meta because it’s gradually becoming less and less powerful in Hotjoin and SoloQ. Now all we need is to see more Warriors in TPvP and the meta may change without any major nerfs to the condi builds in question.

I completely agree.. It’s like Arenanet said You guys hate this condi meta? Well ok Here’s our gift to you: Take this warrior and get yourselves out of the condi meta.. It’s not like Warriors don’t get countered by phantasm mesmers, Burst elementalists, and Some thieves! We have counters, use them!
I can’t explain this enough.. The tournament community as a whole is gradually shifting most condi based teams are getting wrecked by warriors and soon you will start to see more mesmers and ele’s in the meta because warriors are everywhere.. Hammer/Longbow Warriors counter necros and Spirit rangers, the very thing we have been QQing and Kittening about on these forums for ages! And now we have an effective counter! Arenanet is waiting for us to switch to Control/Power meta and as soon as we do people will realize that warriors aren’t as overpowered as they make them out to be.. If anything Phantasm mesmer damage is a bit over the top and needs a nerf the same with the spamable ele fresh air burst and low cooldown on blinds.. People need to realize that their are counters to warriors out there.. Warriors are here for the destruction of the condi meta, and it is ending finally.. Shouldn’t we be happy and embrace that fact? Once the transition becomes complete and teams start running spike burst/ Control comps more and more in team tourneys we will see a sudden boom in Ele’s and Mesmers to counter the warriors.. Rock Paper Scissors, tired of losing to scissors? Pick a rock then..

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

So its fine when warrior has a 3/4 sec or even 1.75! sec casttime, but its not fine when they have 1 skill which is insta like other classes? Want telegraphed skills? Start working on rest classes with their zoo and mother. Warrior actually has too much telegraphed skills compared to rest.

You’re right actually. I’d love to see the devs take a pass at animations and cast times for all classes.

Think about skull crack compared to eviscerate though… maybe don’t give it quite as long of a cast, but at least give it a recognizable animation.

I’m still not convinced healing sig is a problem. I still think it’s situationally effective (low damage fights), and any nerf will make it useless again. The biggest problem with it would be the active effect is too weak compared to the passive. Perhaps you could trade some of the passive healing for a bigger active heal; it would keep it at about the same overall strength, but more interesting. Not to mention it would stop the HPS QQ.

(edited by Brigg.6189)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

You’re right actually. I’d love to see the devs take a pass at animations and cast times for all classes.

Think about skull crack compared to eviscerate though… maybe don’t give it quite as long of a cast, but at least give it a recognizable animation.

I’m still not convinced healing sig is a problem. I still think it’s situationally effective (low damage fights), and any nerf will make it useless again. The biggest problem with it would be the active effect is too weak compared to the passive. Perhaps you could trade some of the passive healing for a bigger active heal; it would keep it at about the same overall strength, but more interesting. Not to mention it would stop the HPS QQ.

No, its counter-play is poison.

The biggest problem right now is Sigil of Para giving 33%-100% More effectiveness to stuns.

Warrior is fine. As stated in the SOTG.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Lapserdak.9056

Lapserdak.9056

Maybe decrase amount of signet heal when warrior is not using healing gear? Right now warrior have litle too much access to skills which ignore damage either condi or direct and they have decent access to stability.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

No, its counter-play is poison.

The biggest problem right now is Sigil of Para giving 33%-100% More effectiveness to stuns.

Warrior is fine. As stated in the SOTG.

I remember one time they said Thief was fine in SOTG then nerfed it the next day.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Maybe decrase amount of signet heal when warrior is not using healing gear? Right now warrior have litle too much access to skills which ignore damage either condi or direct and they have decent access to stability.

No, because no other heal in the game requires a dedication to a stat. That makes it a niche. Its weakness is poison. Poison effects the heal more then any other healing ability in the game.

If you lowered it, then made it so Regenerate would heal the same amount regardless if your poisoned or not I would not argue with you.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Lapserdak.9056

Lapserdak.9056

If any other class wants to get enough of sustain heal need to invest into healing, why warrior should be different? With signet working like that they can outlast enemy and still deal huuge damage. Theyre not sacrificing anything.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Troy.5397

Troy.5397

I love how i’m always seeing people complaining about how warriors are “OP” when they complain about there stun builds. If you’re in a tournament, and you don’t bring someone who can give team stability or don’t have a stun break or stability yourself please stop complaining. As a warrior player since the day the game came out, warriors have always had to make up for our lack of range and how others can lock us down so easily. Right now warriors are in a PERFECT spot because they’re viable and can win tournaments (EG Car Crash winning with a warrior on the team) The reason you have a “Last chance to nail down your strategy” Is to figure out what you need to fight against the other team, if you know there is a stun lock warrior range on them. Most stun lock warriors don’t run that many gap closers outside greatsword 3 and greatsword five. Most people complaining on here need to just think logically. If i’m a ranged class/thief and I don’t want to get locked down on a warrior, poke at them or hit and run them. All a thief has to do is to keep poison up on a warrior and our signet heal is next to nothing. I’m getting sick of people complaining about how overpowerd warriors are when for the longest time we weren’t the best class. I’m not saying we just rolled over and died but for goodness sakes people. Build around the meta! Good luck out there in Spvp and please have fun!

Ewok Thunder
King of the Ewoks

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

So I just watched the SotG, sounds like Mr. Sharp is fine with Warriors as they are currently. Super basically said it best, and when Vontehil tried to argue against it he got countered pretty fast. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Just an angry old man…

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

People are sad that they can’t ram their faces into warriors and have them topple over effortlessly. Unskilled players are not the only ones guilty of this; even the players in the PAX Prime tournament in Seattle were doing this. Sync’s 2 spirit rangers were literally, literally, bashing their heads into Car Crash’s warrior’s AoE. The rangers didn’t die immediately, but the evades do not apply to the spirits and the spirits died fast due to negligence. The rangers were expecting to just prance around and have everything around them die to conditions – totally ignoring key abilities being used, like the warrior’s berserker stance. Is this a case of balance or a case of being outplayed?

Jonathan Sharp was on the ball when he pointed out the fact that warriors only have a small window where they have very high defense, and coordinated kiting can counter warrior stances. Seriously. When you see a warrior pop berserker stance or endure pain, what is stopping you from simply walking away? Why continue to fight in the warrior’s proximity during these defensive cooldowns. It’s equivalent to someone walking into a necro’s spectral wall and getting feared again, and again, and again, and again and over and over and over again. Why…? Sorry sir, but sheer willpower will not break that wall. Moderate usage of brain is recommended.

(edited by zone.1073)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

So I just watched the SotG, sounds like Mr. Sharp is fine with Warriors as they are currently. Super basically said it best, and when Vontehil tried to argue against it he got countered pretty fast. I’m cautiously optimistic.

The only problem with warrior is Healing Sig (passive is too strong) and/or Cleansing Ire; the rest of the “strengths” that are usually complained about are from the point of view of people who try to be greedy with their utilities and end up getting punished for it.

…And the stun build with Sigil rounding up.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

People are sad that they can’t ram their faces into warriors and have them topple over effortlessly. Unskilled players are not the only ones guilty of this; even the players in the PAX Prime tournament in Seattle were doing this. Sync’s 2 spirit rangers were literally, literally, bashing their heads into Car Crash’s warrior’s AoE. The rangers didn’t die immediately, but the evades do not apply to the spirits and the spirits died fast due to negligence. The rangers were expecting to just prance around and have everything around them die to conditions – totally ignoring key abilities being used, like the warrior’s berserker stance. Is this a case of balance or a case of being outplayed?

Jonathan Sharp was on the ball when he pointed out the fact that warriors only have a small window where they have very high defense, and coordinated kiting can counter warrior stances. Seriously. When you see a warrior pop berserker stance or endure pain, what is stopping you from simply walking away? Why continue to fight in the warrior’s proximity during these defensive cooldowns. It’s equivalent to walking into a necro’s spectral wall and getting feared again, and again, and again, and again and over and over and over again. Why.

I can’t overstate how many players use all of their best condi skills while I’m in Zerker Stance, not only does it have a visual effect when it’s turned on but the icon is hard to miss.

Just an angry old man…

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

In arenas, I see necros using signet of spite, putting down a spectral wall, and then stand in place, rolling their face over their scepter #1 key on warriors with berserker stance on.

If face palms scaled with how idiotic a situation is, my face palm would go through my skull and make a giant dent in the wall behind me.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

In arenas, I see necros using signet of spite, putting down a spectral wall, and then stand in place, rolling their face over their scepter #1 key on warriors with berserker stance on.

If face palms scaled with how idiotic a situation is, my face palm would go through my skull and make a giant dent in the wall behind me.

I want to see this animated…

Just an angry old man…

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I want to see this animated…

Me2
.gift plz!

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

People are sad that they can’t ram their faces into warriors and have them topple over effortlessly.

Actually, everyone who wants to just bash face is playing a warrior. The sustain from signet + adrenal health, combined with a high-toughness build and the inherent vitality makes the warrior play by just ignoring what their opponent does and focus on landing your offense. There is little positioning/strategy and getting worried about being caught out of position b/c you can always just hit one of your 3 “oh-crap” buttons and get out of jail. Warrior currently has way too much sustain and their defense is just ignoring their opponents and letting their passives heal them. Combine that with a MASSIVE dps increase from unsuspecting foe and you can get great offense on a defensive build or get into the stun-lock mess that is plaguing us. Its sad…

Also, to those who say that burst eles counter warrior, please try playing a zerker’s burst ele. You will unload, get them to 1/2 health, and then fail to out-damage their healing while your burst recharges. When you can burst again, they are back up to 90% health. Healing signet single-handedly hard-counters any kind of ele (not that it was hard to counter anyway).

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

People are sad that they can’t ram their faces into warriors and have them topple over effortlessly.

Actually, everyone who wants to just bash face is playing a warrior. The sustain from signet + adrenal health, combined with a high-toughness build and the inherent vitality makes the warrior play by just ignoring what their opponent does and focus on landing your offense. There is little positioning/strategy and getting worried about being caught out of position b/c you can always just hit one of your 3 “oh-crap” buttons and get out of jail. Warrior currently has way too much sustain and their defense is just ignoring their opponents and letting their passives heal them. Combine that with a MASSIVE dps increase from unsuspecting foe and you can get great offense on a defensive build or get into the stun-lock mess that is plaguing us. Its sad…

Also, to those who say that burst eles counter warrior, please try playing a zerker’s burst ele. You will unload, get them to 1/2 health, and then fail to out-damage their healing while your burst recharges. When you can burst again, they are back up to 90% health. Healing signet single-handedly hard-counters any kind of ele (not that it was hard to counter anyway).

That happens on any class. My necromancer can do the exact same thing.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

When everything combine together, warriors are OP. Berserker Stance + Cleansing Ire +Longbow F1 + Unsuspecting Foe + Lyssa Rune + Healing Signet. It’s call cheese because it takes no skills to be effective. (Like S/D thief, Nerco) and if you want the game to be fun, to be balance, you need to remove those cheesy things.

Not only warriors need nerf, S/D thief, Nerco, Spirit Ranger all need to get nerf as well. Like I said, everything that’s unpredictable shouldn’t be so effective in this game. (Ex. Nerco’s Fears, marks, Spirit Ranger’s Passives and Actives, Warrior’s Skull Crack, S/D thief’s Sword #3, etc)

This game is dead because there are so many bad players that play easy build and been so effective even they play bad.

Also, I dont play my build anymore and I feel sorry for this community because I have created a monster.

^ Exactly

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

wait, if apt, you agree with his arguement which has longbow f1 being part of it then your mace f1+100b being op won’t stand.

and @anastasis, your “monster” build isn’t even the build everyone QQing about…

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

i love how no one even cared about warriors until a couple weeks ago when nothing has changed about them. no one qq’d 2-3 months till after the changes.. it’s like one baddie decides to cry and the rest just come flocking in and the qq’s just snowball. perhaps after conditions get toned down you’ll see more decent mesmers and eles teach you guys how to deal with a warrior and all you guys can jump on that bandwagon.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

In my view, warriors are fine. Yes, their strong, but it’s not some OP unstoppable killing machine. Like today in SOTG they talked about how warrior hasn’t been changed recently, and it took the community over a month to find a viable build. The meta needs to change and people need to find counters for it. I think most people are in the mindset still that warriors are free kills. I remember I NEVER worried about losing to a warrior, and I knew I could play subpar against them and still win. Now that warriors are a real threat, I actually have to play decent to great to beat them, and I like that. Facerolling is no fun.

Yes they need tweaks, just like every class. We need to see how the meta evolves before throwing huge nerf and buff bats everywhere.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

i love how no one even cared about warriors until a couple weeks ago when nothing has changed about them. no one qq’d 2-3 months till after the changes.. it’s like one baddie decides to cry and the rest just come flocking in and the qq’s just snowball. perhaps after conditions get toned down you’ll see more decent mesmers and eles teach you guys how to deal with a warrior and all you guys can jump on that bandwagon.

To be fair, builds need time to come up and spread across the majority of our playerbase. It’s not like there’s a patch and BOOM everyone plays a completely different game. And of course no one QQed 3 months ago since the significant patch hit about 1 monrh ago.
Also, not everyone here is crying, there’s a lot of constructive feedback in toning down the Warrior just slightly at some aspects, which is at least in my opinion the right approach.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

There has been a LOT of forums posted recently pertaining to Warrior. I’m wondering what the balance team feels about Warrior as it is currently. Most of the “information” presented in these forums is just downright wrong. It’s a lot different than Spirit Rangers where it was apparent that there was very few exploitable weaknesses. The current Warrior meta to me is only strong because it aims to counter the condition heavy meta, which I feel was an attempt to allow the players to shift the meta on their own without directly nerfing said builds in the current meta. The builds we run have several counters, you just don’t see them frequently because they aren’t popular currently. If Warrior remains how it is we may see a shift in the game so that for example Mesmers come back into the fray to counter the Warriors that are Countering Rangers and Necros.

I just pray that you do not listen to these forums filled with incorrect information and “shave” Warriors back into mediocrity so shortly after we were made useful after a year of being the punchline of every PvP joke.

If power meta returns trust me warriors will be OP. They will be one shoting people with sustain. So yea I hope they nerf it so noobs on warrs don’t think they are good at the game (same reason I want spirit ranger nerfed). Warriors were balanced before it was just the other classes needed adjustment. ZERK STANCE AND HEALING SIGNET NEED HUGE NERF. I HATE THAT THE CLASS I PUT MY EFFORT INTO LEARNING IS EASY TO PLAY FOR ANYONE NOW. Enough said.

Clear cut counter to berserker stance: wait for the stance to end (very easy to do) then condi burst war. If you spam every direct dps ability when a ranger uses “Protect Me” or the signet then you will have to be an idiot. If you spam all conditions on an engineer traited for 100% condi immunity at 25%, yeap need not repeat myself.

Counter to healing signet: maintain poison on target or maintain pressure. This also seems to work against rangers, mesmer’s, guardians, engineers and elementalists. Well go figure for that eh?

Opinion sack, I never have trouble with these types of wars as I understand the mechanics in play and know how to counter them.

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

apt.9184

There has been a LOT of forums posted recently pertaining to Warrior. I’m wondering what the balance team feels about Warrior as it is currently. Most of the “information” presented in these forums is just downright wrong. It’s a lot different than Spirit Rangers where it was apparent that there was very few exploitable weaknesses. The current Warrior meta to me is only strong because it aims to counter the condition heavy meta, which I feel was an attempt to allow the players to shift the meta on their own without directly nerfing said builds in the current meta. The builds we run have several counters, you just don’t see them frequently because they aren’t popular currently. If Warrior remains how it is we may see a shift in the game so that for example Mesmers come back into the fray to counter the Warriors that are Countering Rangers and Necros.

I just pray that you do not listen to these forums filled with incorrect information and “shave” Warriors back into mediocrity so shortly after we were made useful after a year of being the punchline of every PvP joke.

If power meta returns trust me warriors will be OP. They will be one shoting people with sustain. So yea I hope they nerf it so noobs on warrs don’t think they are good at the game (same reason I want spirit ranger nerfed). Warriors were balanced before it was just the other classes needed adjustment. ZERK STANCE AND HEALING SIGNET NEED HUGE NERF. I HATE THAT THE CLASS I PUT MY EFFORT INTO LEARNING IS EASY TO PLAY FOR ANYONE NOW. Enough said.

Clear cut counter to berserker stance: wait for the stance to end (very easy to do) then condi burst war. If you spam every direct dps ability when a ranger uses “Protect Me” or the signet then you will have to be an idiot. If you spam all conditions on an engineer traited for 100% condi immunity at 25%, yeap need not repeat myself.

Counter to healing signet: maintain poison on target or maintain pressure. This also seems to work against rangers, mesmer’s, guardians, engineers and elementalists. Well go figure for that eh?

Opinion sack, I never have trouble with these types of wars as I understand the mechanics in play and know how to counter them.

We can also pop zerk stance when we are already training you then what happens? You cant blind his stun you just have to hope to god you dodge the stun or he is dumb and completely misses an insta cast.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

Warrior Discussion

in Warrior

apt.9184

wait, if apt, you agree with his arguement which has longbow f1 being part of it then your mace f1+100b being op won’t stand.

and @anastasis, your “monster” build isn’t even the build everyone QQing about…

Lol all of it combined yes it is and we are not only complaining about the mace shield build we are complaining about changes that made warrior cheesy and easy to play. The skill cap for almost every class in game is going down lower (warriors being one of easier ones now). I liked how before it was so much harder and you actually had to put effort in to learn how to play it effectively.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz