05/17/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

It’s a sad state that DBBL is queued for DB, but our zergs cannot coordinate at all. We outnumbered the TC zerg ball outside garrison a fair amount, and we got to watch them fend us off as a well coordinated group. Meanwhile most DB folks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We didn’t stack, and when the commander pushed 80% of DB hung back and watched them get slaughtered. Frustrating! We aren’t getting beat by the enemy, we are beating ourselves!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

[Agg], Man up and fight us outside of Garrison, please.

Edit: In particular, outside of AC range.

Ask and you shall receive.

Also, shout-out to CERN and EP, you guys are bringing the fight daily.

/respect

[Agg] fights are my favorite. You never know who is going to come out on top. Looking forward to seeing more of you guys in the future!

Can someone give a recap of last night? What happened in DBBL that we still own Garrison + Bay?

I was only there for a couple hours, but the gist of it seems to be “zero coordination.” When I was there we were running split zergs and I think they were only in garrison at the same time for about ten minutes.

There really isn’t any excuse for having a full queue and not being able to take Garri. Hell, there really isn’t any excuse for letting it get waypointed in the first place. This server has mightily disappointed me in the last 20-odd hours. Our effort since SEA prime yesterday has been nothing short of abysmal.

:-/ Home borderlands seem to always have a major lack of coordination. It’s probably a major source of frustration for many servers. It’s the place that many fair-weathers and inexperienced players seem to view as the “safe place,” mainly since it’s got your server’s name plastered on it. We have a hell of a time getting any kind of coordination going in our own BL as well.

What happened during SEA prime today? Was that crew not online? I heard there were megazergs of doom moving around yesterday and taking anything left standing. :-O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I had a scare yesterday when I saw that on TCBL we only had the garrison left. Good thing we didn’t lose it, since we had it waypointed and all.

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

General Callus Tacticus is a legendary soldier and military leader in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld fantasy series. Tacticus didn’t get a huge number of his men killed by his own arrogance and incompetence, being a very realistic, down-to-earth general.

For example, the section of his autobiography entitled “What to Do When One Army Occupies a Well-Fortified Fortress on Superior Ground and the Other Does Not” begins with the sentence “Endeavour to be the one inside.”

Another good example of Tacticus’ sense of pragmatism would be his maxim “It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both he and you have exactly the same aim in mind.”

… I love Discworld.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

It’s a sad state that DBBL is queued for DB, but our zergs cannot coordinate at all. We outnumbered the TC zerg ball outside garrison a fair amount, and we got to watch them fend us off as a well coordinated group. Meanwhile most DB folks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We didn’t stack, and when the commander pushed 80% of DB hung back and watched them get slaughtered. Frustrating! We aren’t getting beat by the enemy, we are beating ourselves!

We did try to help ……and often you nearly all came forward with the same result.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

Yeah it was hard to watch. I was on my zerker ele last night and I had bigger balls than our frontline. The only time I saw us make it to inner we just kind of looped around and didnt push in to the lord at all. It made me sad.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

What happened during SEA prime today? Was that crew not online? I heard there were megazergs of doom moving around yesterday and taking anything left standing. :-O

I’m not sure. I was a couple hours later getting on this morning than I was yesterday, but I’m usually on for most of SEA prime anyway and I didn’t see the same people/guilds. They may have taken the night off since all the work they did last night was completely undone within 2 or 3 hours of their logging off.

DB really needs to pace itself. This “work hard for 2-3 days then coast” crap just isn’t going to cut it; SEA will burn out very quickly if they have to carry the PPT burden. If DB can’t consistently tick 300 or close during NA prime, she will have some serious problems against both of these servers. It is my understanding that our entire WvW crew hasn’t materialized yet, but I hope it does soon.

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

DB really needs to pace itself. This “work hard for 2-3 days then coast” crap just isn’t going to cut it; SEA will burn out very quickly if they have to carry the PPT burden. If DB can’t consistently tick 300 or close during NA prime, she will have some serious problems against both of these servers. It is my understanding that our entire WvW crew hasn’t materialized yet, but I hope it does soon.

Well it’s always been that way for DB. SEA does most of the PPT work, and we do our best during the rest of the day to hold what we can. Maybe the influx of guilds (RE, rB, FIRE, Agg, CO, etc.) was supposed to alleviate that, but I’m not sure whether it’s enough in T2.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

I dunno, yer holding us off pretty good right now. How many more people do you think you need?, sheesh! That said, I’m still ubber happy with FA. We are a stubborn lot, pain and loss only makes us want to try harder. Tho I hate all this pve stuff that keeps a good chunk of us from participating in wvw when they bring it out…“kitten southsun crap”.

Not thakitten would let us dominate, since TC is huge on that pve thing too. But we would be bringing much more pain to the table. And with that said…we would still the the lowest populated server competing, hehe.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I think it just comes down to pacing yourselves to avoid burnout. I’ve seen the same thing happen in TC where we push SO hard for several weeks straight, and then hardly anyone even shows up for two weeks. This was the case when you guys first came into T2, as I’m sure you recall.

It feels a little better this time around, with a lot of guilds/leaders/commanders trading off and having different goals in mind. A lot of the big guilds have started running partially tagless as well, which helps with the “PuG management” side of things.

That is…with the exception of Nightlight who is a freaking WvWing commander machine. His eyes must be bleeding by the time he quits every day.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I think this probably nails it on the head for DB last night on their BL – TC really wasn’t coordinated that well in DBBL Garri either, but with the DB folks trickling in through the west hole in Garri’s wall, we were just picking them off as they ran through solo.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Well it’s always been that way for DB. SEA does most of the PPT work, and we do our best during the rest of the day to hold what we can. Maybe the influx of guilds (RE, rB, FIRE, Agg, CO, etc.) was supposed to alleviate that, but I’m not sure whether it’s enough in T2.

DB definitely belongs in T2 – your transfers may not have made it so you can consistently win the matchup, but you can win. The tier is very competitive now, and short of FA’s coverage gaps, all three servers are very close.

The competition is really making WvW fun for me right now, and I sure hope things don’t get gooned up with this upcoming change to WvW.

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

The competition is really making WvW fun for me right now, and I sure hope things don’t get gooned up with this upcoming change to WvW.

This is why I’m hoping DB’s WvW core shows up pronto. If we think TC is fielding huge numbers now, we’ll poop our pants when we see it after the changes come. The boost they got after the culling patch was one of the nails in Kaineng’s coffin.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Could you at least have installed a bell in our coffin so I could ring my way out? Rude.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

Could you at least have installed a bell in our coffin so I could ring my way out? Rude.

Got a spot saved for you in KH, dude. Want me to get a few shovels and come dig you out? xD

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

DB definitely belongs in T2 – your transfers may not have made it so you can consistently win the matchup, but you can win. The tier is very competitive now, and short of FA’s coverage gaps, all three servers are very close.

This. DB is great for T2. Assuming the new ranking system doesn’t throw a wrench into how things work, I can see TC and DB swapping wins pretty often in the future. More than anything I think it just comes down to morale management and burnout between our two servers.

I would also like to see FA get a few small tranfers to fill in the gaps they have. Not knowing which of the three servers is going to win every would would make for a very exciting WvW experience.

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

This is why I’m hoping DB’s WvW core shows up pronto. If we think TC is fielding huge numbers now, we’ll poop our pants when we see it after the changes come. The boost they got after the culling patch was one of the nails in Kaineng’s coffin.

Well DB’s SEA presence is our WvW core! NA and EU has always been about fighting greater numbers while trying to retain whatever PPT we can. The influx of guilds was supposed to shore up that gap, but I dont’ think it’s to the level we thought it would be at this point. That’s not to say our other original guilds (EA, BP, etc.) aren’t awesome, it’s just that they aren’t the group that gives us winning chances.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

DB’s SEA crew was out in force today. Just because they couldnt get another tick of +500 doesnt mean they “took a break”. They had a good 60-70 man zerg in our bls first thing in the morning and flipped south side of map, hills, garry but we were able to fend them off at bay and eventually took everything back while wiping them over and over until they left. DB’s SEA coverage is massive, but dont discredit the small force we have defending our bls. Some days we get smashed and DB gets tht +500 tick and some days we are able to within stand it and keep DB around +300

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

Well DB’s SEA presence is our WvW core! NA and EU has always been about fighting greater numbers while trying to retain whatever PPT we can. The influx of guilds was supposed to shore up that gap, but I dont’ think it’s to the level we thought it would be at this point. That’s not to say our other original guilds (EA, BP, etc.) aren’t awesome, it’s just that they aren’t the group that gives us winning chances.

Even with us and the other guilds, there are a lot of coverage gaps including full coverage across the NA slots. That is just going to take time to build – and get the pugs during those slots excited and focused as well.

It looks like the competition is going to be a lot of fun here, but there is also going to be a lag time where you guys learn how we do things and we learn how you do things. T2 is very different from T1 so it’s going to take a while for us to all to gel together and get things moving. I know I speak for FIRE when I say we are very excited to see what we can do in this Tier. The main thing we want is good and competitive fights – and it appears there will be plenty of those to be had!

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Well DB’s SEA presence is our WvW core! NA and EU has always been about fighting greater numbers. The influx of guilds was supposed to shore up that gap, but I dont’ think it’s to the level we thought it would be at this point.

I think it has more to do with raid schedules than numbers, to be honest. We had a full queue on DB BL last night, but we were doing better on TC BL because that’s where RE was raiding.

Last night DB BL was split between the largely ineffective CO raid and one or two other commanders I can’t recall. I think our pugs may have followed one, then the other, wiped both times (since neither force was large enough to fight on its own for very long) and either left or just started trying to get to whoever was in garrison when they respawned. I don’t think it’s necessarily the case that DB doesn’t have the NA turnout to compete, what we need is to organize, communicate, and execute better.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Just a friendly FA warrior!
http://i.imgur.com/CPF2bL5.jpg

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I think a distinct issue with having a lot of people online when the other sides have only a few is that if it slants too far in your favour, eventually the small teams get frustrated in the face of futility and dwindle even further, and with little or no fighting left to do, your side gets bored and goes to do something else as well. Only in one case you have loads of bored people, and in the other you’ve comparatively few who were around to be frustrated in the first place… which amusingly enough I base partly on DB having been my second server (I went like… Piken, DB, Piken, GH, TC, from pre-release to now).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Ask and you shall receive.

Also, shout-out to CERN and EP, you guys are bringing the fight daily.

/respect

[Agg] fights are my favorite. You never know who is going to come out on top. Looking forward to seeing more of you guys in the future!

Can someone give a recap of last night? What happened in DBBL that we still own Garrison + Bay?

I was only there for a couple hours, but the gist of it seems to be “zero coordination.” When I was there we were running split zergs and I think they were only in garrison at the same time for about ten minutes.

There really isn’t any excuse for having a full queue and not being able to take Garri. Hell, there really isn’t any excuse for letting it get waypointed in the first place. This server has mightily disappointed me in the last 20-odd hours. Our effort since SEA prime yesterday has been nothing short of abysmal.

We actually had a lot more people around then was viewable from the breach. I honestly think that even with your push, if we all focused there, you wouldn’t have taken it. I recall ticking about 40 or so arrow carts and several ballista last night, because a few of us were expecting your SEA crew to try and take it. It would have been close honestly.

Whatever’s up, hope you guys get it sorted out.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

"They don’t think it be like it is, but it do."

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Given I’m not around so I have no idea what’s going on, I’m still very surprised DB would allow TC to take most of our home map. Guys need to have a meeting, reorganize, rally , and lock it down. Home BL is always your #1 priority. If you are raiding on another map switch back for a few moments, knock them out, and go back to your previous map (which you should be holding with arrow carts until your return).

DB NA forces clearly have the strength and numbers as on reset we could tick 340 PPT 1 hour in with no problem. Again, organize raid times to overlap with other guilds, build a stronger relation with our Oceanic and SEA guilds to coordinate their raid times, and lastly, reaching out to the same commanders that lead everyday (that are not in the major powerhouse guilds) and have a talk with them on how they can maximize the effort their spending in aiding our PPT.

Lions Arch response times should be used to. If your getting screwed on your home map, hop in LA and yell for help. If you see the call for help switch between your guilds and ask for a quick surge of reinforcements even if you can only contribute for 5 minutes. you are doing something to help.

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Just a friendly FA warrior!
http://i.imgur.com/CPF2bL5.jpg

That rabbit needs to find a new home….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I understand you CO guys are trying to help/rally DB, but wouldn’t strategic conversations about what should and shouldn’t be done be better kept on DB’s private forums? Posting it here likely will alienate a larger portion of the population that’s out there trying their best.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Nobody ticks for +340ppts on reset. That said, I love your cardboard fort. Keep us updated on your holiday! I’m actually enjoying the little updates.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Dhampyr.2104

I understand you CO guys are trying to help/rally DB, but wouldn’t strategic conversations about what should and shouldn’t be done be better kept on DB’s private forums? Posting it here likely will alienate a larger portion of the population that’s out there trying their best.

This. While the conversation probably needs to happen, when a new transfer guild starts giving constructive criticism, it can come across as “I know you guys have been here for a long time, but you’re doing it all wrong.” Probably best to keep those discussions off the official forums.

Sorry, not trying to criticize, I just really like the fight that DB brings. Wouldn’t want drama to interfere with your ability to bring the pain. ;-)

Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: danelon.5147

danelon.5147

Wow lots of FA guilds are leaving no wonder their strength is dropping. Their coverage suck right now. Alot of guilds are leaving, some we have great fights with like [BT] & [VK] they leaving to Blackgate. I wonder who will defend their homeland now, all that is left is what [RET]?

For past couple of days they seem to be outman all the time even during their prime time. Perfect time to take all their stuff :p

(edited by danelon.5147)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Wow lots of FA guilds are leaving no wonder their strength is dropping. Their coverage suck right now. Alot of guilds are leaving, some we have great fights with like [BT] & [VK] they leaving to Blackgate. I wonder who will defend their homeland now, all that is left is what [RET]?

BT and VK are leaving? Dang, VK beats me up all time, why you guys leaving I give bags

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

As far as I know, half of VK have already joined Agg on DB.

Lothem

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Sorry, not trying to criticize, I just really like the fight that DB brings. Wouldn’t want drama to interfere with your ability to bring the pain. ;-)

Sometimes, the drama is what’s bringing the pain. *grin*

Totally agree how fun DB is to fight. And FA has been fun for me to fight too, since they were a with. TC was fun to fight too, but now they’re a with.

But it’s fun. You all really finger my moon. YaY!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

The more you know, guess that’s what I get for being MIA most of these last 2 weeks.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

danelon.5147

Really? How many is half? an actual number otherwise I will change the post about VK moving to blackgate.

in Match-ups

danelon.5147

Take FA keeps and Garrison they vulnerable now. Who will defend them, what little coverage and support they have. With guilds leaving left and right FA will pull an SOS maneuver (Tier 1 to tier 4 in about a month).

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Nobody ticks for +340ppts on reset. That said, I love your cardboard fort. Keep us updated on your holiday! I’m actually enjoying the little updates.

We did for the 1st hour on reset. Then downhill lol

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

Really? How many is half? an actual number otherwise I will change the post about VK moving to blackgate.

Better ask Agg, they browse this forum as well.

Lothem

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Anyone else really hate when either a spy or some idiot starts an upgrade on a keep/tower when it’s under attack? Boooooom there goes 1k+ supplies for nothing

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Take FA keeps and Garrison they vulnerable now. Who will defend them, what little coverage and support they have. With guilds leaving left and right FA will pull an SOS maneuver (Tier 1 to tier 4 in about a month).

Oheylook. A spy.

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

LOLOLOL. How would you know that? After all, you’re on TC, Uuuonl. Try again next time!

Oheylook. The spy.

Fixed it for you.

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

For past couple of days they seem to be outman all the time even during their prime time. Perfect time to take all their stuff :p

Well darling, it appears you’ll be out of a job soon then eh? Ah I see some VK went to DB, I guess you’re safe.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

The 99% of FA who are NOT leaving will defend with our lives (or just take yours), thank you very much =)

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

The 99% of FA who are NOT leaving will defend with our lives (or just take yours), thank you very much =)

You’re talking to a FA spy residing on TC. Just in case you didn’t realize.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Until this information is out/proven true then let’s not speculate or troll FA. Unless I missed something then please post the urls and correct me

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: TIMMEH.8106

TIMMEH.8106

Our destination is not set as of right now.

Weilf
[BT] Black Talons
Ele

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

An FA spy on TC? Even more reason to kill him imo. Spying is a joke.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

We did for the 1st hour on reset. Then downhill lol

Oh fair enough then, I wasn’t watching! But it’s very rare so props to you guys lol. And I would just ignore what Danelon.5146/Uuuonl says.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Actually he’s really quite useful, whether he realizes it or not. He stands outside of an objective next to be targetted, so we are always on top of where the next attack will be.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I heartily encourage this. :-P