08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Score updates !!!

Dear arena net:
Can we have that wvw reset back? Tier 1 has become too bitter. I want to fight against hungry servers not old bitter enemies. Can’t JQ and SoS get along? After all you both suckand have too much coverage. And your guilds eat puppies.
Honestly this match up went from exhilarating to exhausting in 2 weeks. How can we fix this?

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I love how every1 in SoR Trash talk about JQ, but u will still lose at the end of the week. U are so pro for winning NA coverage, but while u are in JQ BL u lose everything in the others BLs. So I don’t get the logic in ur actions

At least we can spell your and you.

Forgive me for asking… but how many times did you double-check your spelling before posting? Once in a while I may “mention” a grammatical error or two and I find myself proof-reading a lot more intensely when I do.

#TeamJadeQuarry

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Score updates !!!

Dear arena net:
Can we have that wvw reset back? Tier 1 has become too bitter. I want to fight against hungry servers not old bitter enemies. Can’t JQ and SoS get along? After all you both suckand have too much coverage. And your guilds eat puppies.
Honestly this match up went from exhilarating to exhausting in 2 weeks. How can we fix this?

Send us your puppies as a peace offering and we’ll let you keep a fortified tower on your home borderlands. We’ll even keep the graffiti to a minimum.

#TeamJadeQuarry

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

breaking news (well for me)
is there any other guilds following agg on bg, was agg part of an alliance?
will there be a goodbye letter from agg?

so many drama remains me of wow

FoE and AGG are both in the process of moving to Blackgate.
SoS was our home but in recent weeks they have simply given up and the militia have vanished/bandwaggoned. We found ourselves trying to hold 2-3 maps between 2 guilds and pugs, with other guilds cowering away from the fight. People like tsym having 4 of 65 online people in WvW wanting to take week off after week off if we aint winning, and other guilds more interested in Fractals than fighting for 2nd place.
This was starting to snowball and was not healthy for either of our guilds who are both active competitive pvp guilds, and after several weeks of server meetings we decided its simply time to move on.
Will we have a better chance of being #1 with Blackgate? Probably not unless they get Oceanic/SEA transfers, but what we will get is a server who actually want to fight and never give up which is all our guilds want.
We wish Sea of Sorrows the best and we leave sad that the server went this way.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

(edited by Ohai.8346)

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I seriously have to ask, what was the thought process behind the Omega golem portal in spam 2 portal out as fast as possible tactic lol on JQ BL Hills

It really did nothing, the defensive siege did the work for you guys lol

EDIT: however it did provide us fun :P we made a game out of trying to catch them! lol was like wack-a-mole

Yeah, it was hilarious. I didn’t get it either unless it was strictly to use as a distraction. Not sure what is was distracting for, but it distracted ‘me’. I was playing the whack-a-mole game too. Heh

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

It’s you’re…as in you are.

As in you’re not going to win this week, and your coverage isn’t as good as ours. This is mainly due to the fantastic community building and atmosphere we have on JQ, thanks for everyone that put in all the hard work.

Also don’t mind the bitter SoS posters to much. Some of them have apparently chosen to kick and scream on the way out of T1. Big emphasis on the scream as they don’t log in to much to fight anymore. =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

EMP actually did amazing for having 20-30 people to fight against you with. How long did it take your 50+ people to take over the map against 20-30 again? (I’m not sure how many were actually there, but they were saying 20-30 on TS)

Did this happen after I logged for the night? The last fight I was in had 30 people of mostly EMP tags attack us in the back while another 30+ pushed from the front at us. Was a super fun fight, but we managed to win despite the excellent sandwich you performed. It was a really sound tactical maneuver and well executed, so I am not entirely sure how we won.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

I love how every1 in SoR Trash talk about JQ, but u will still lose at the end of the week. U are so pro for winning NA coverage, but while u are in JQ BL u lose everything in the others BLs. So I don’t get the logic in ur actions

but do you know how to multiply 12 by 12, without using a ti-83?

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

But do you know why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Anet make Rev great again.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

It’s you’re…as in you are.

As in you’re not going to win this week, and your coverage isn’t as good as ours. This is mainly due to the fantastic community building and atmosphere we have on JQ, thanks for everyone that put in all the hard work.

We have fantastic community building and atmosphere over here at Sanctum of Rall as well. Admittedly though, we try to be a little selective about it and it may have hurt our numbers some. We basically told people if they wanted to jump on a bandwagon to a competitive server and not come to SoR for the community, they could pretty much go somewhere else. We want players that are up to the challenge and have the will to not break when it gets tough.

It is the community building and teamwork that has allowed SoR to climb from #17 to #2 over several months.

Anyways, grats on your superior coverage! Hopefully we will get there soon too (or some of your guilds will get bored in their time slots where they face little opposition :p)

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Will we have a better chance of being #1 with Blackgate?

Probably not unless they get Oceanic/SEA transfers, but what we will get is a server who actually want to fight and never give up which is all our guilds want.

What time slot do you play?

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Score update, I think SoR kinda gave up.

Attachments:

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

You are confusing ‘giving up’ with ‘not having people in that time slot’.

It is a common mistake people make when its early in the morning and they are not thinking clearly.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

profitsports.5789

this is the wuvwuv subforum bro, not fractals of thy mists, think ur in the wrong section brah

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

then maybe you two servers should jus get the hell out and make way for kaineng and blackgate, the true tier one servers

Having fought Blackgate for far more weeks than you. I can safely say that they have less coverage than JQ and their NA presence isn’t as good either. They belong in T1 of SoS most likely. They have better coverage than SoR but a far worse NA crew, so I am not so sure they ‘deserve’ T1 and more than SoR despite all the Pvdoor they did for numerous weeks uncontested to run up score.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

If SoR and (BG???) have such dominant NA why is it that you didn’t take the PPT lead til about 10:30-11pm Eastern? That’s fairly late in NA prime for the “best” NA coverage to take a lead.

Do you want to give up all the keeps and towers you gained uncontested while our population slept or were at work and upgraded? Or split them 50-50 with us so we can at least have a real feel of who is better NA prime time?

How long have you been playing this game? You should know by now that upgraded towers/keeps have a huge impact on PPT.

How about this… lets just forget the towers/keeps/ppt/you hiding behind doors and have some open field fights this evening for bragging rights. Sound good?

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

To bring another point, why do you think we would ever partake in open field combat when we have over 7 fortifications to defend on our own borderlands with stuff we had prebuilt?

I don’t blame you for this at all. It is tactically sound to use your fortifications to your advantage. This is especially true when your opponents is superior in the open field. If I were you, I would do the exact same thing.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

To bring another point, why do you think we would ever partake in open field combat when we have over 7 fortifications to defend on our own borderlands with stuff we had prebuilt?

I don’t blame you for this at all. It is tactically sound to use your fortifications to your advantage. This is especially true when your opponents is superior in the open field. If I were you, I would do the exact same thing.

If we ever come across an opponent that’s superior in the open field we’ll consider your advice. Thank you for your kindness in sharing that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

There, fixed it for you …

Would someone please claim Commander Naomi Campbell? She’s been waiting to come in and lead and is starting to get quite angry .. nobody likes an angry Naomi Campbell. C’mon SoR/SoS/JQ .. someone claim her before she randomly goes off and starts attacking whoever is in front of her.

Thank you.

Attachments:

L’enfer, c’est les autres

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Do a quick headcount the next time you fight JQ. You’d be surprised how few people we’re actually fielding.

How about this, you do a head count of your people in the next big fight. Make sure you count each and every player model. I bet you 100 gold you can’t reliable do so in a big fight. The truth is that you won’t even see half of your players in a big fight because the server culls them out. Not your fault, not ours …

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Wasabi Kitty.8247

this is the wuvwuv subforum bro, not fractals of thy mists, think ur in the wrong section brah

This is the WvW subform, not wherever the hell you should go to post your idiotic dribble.

P.S There’s a shift button on your keyboard, try it sometime.

P.P.S No matter how much you spam the word “bro” and it’s variants, it doesn’t make you cool.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

profitsports.5789

scores are not determined by NA primtime lol

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

If we ever come across an opponent that’s superior in the open field we’ll consider your advice. Thank you for your kindness in sharing that.

Interesting, but it wasn’t my ‘advice’. I was just telling the commander on your server that I do not blame him in the least for not coming out to fight. I was supporting his tactics. Please take note of his words:

“To bring another point, why do you think we would ever partake in open field combat "

Thanks!

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

So after reading the past two pages the question becomes if SoR is so much better at PvP and open field why isn’t SoR winning?

I have to assume that you play this game or you wouldn’t have an account to post with. What do you think the score currently would be if we used the only time slot where SoR has adequate numbers? I am not going to say SoR would be winning at all. I am going to say that the score would be really really tight, regardless of who was ahead.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

SoS was our home but in recent weeks they have simply given up and the militia have vanished/bandwaggoned. We found ourselves trying to hold 2-3 maps between 2 guilds and pugs, with other guilds cowering away from the fight. People like tsym having 4 of 65 online people in WvW wanting to take week off after week off if we aint winning, and other guilds more interested in Fractals than fighting for 2nd place.
This was starting to snowball and was not healthy for either of our guilds who are both active competitive pvp guilds, and after several weeks of server meetings we decided its simply time to move on.
Will we have a better chance of being #1 with Blackgate? Probably not unless they get Oceanic/SEA transfers, but what we will get is a server who actually want to fight and never give up which is all our guilds want.

I say this as a JQ citizen. If you guys are bailing to another server, don’t leave the guild ND on a sinking SOS. They are too good to fall out of T1. Remember that SoS recruited them, so if the server is giving up on WvW, atleast let them know so they can find a new home on SoR or Blackgate, or maybe even TC, though I think they should stay in T1.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Didn’t ND go from SoR to BG during their match up together …then on to SoS? If it is the same ND I am thinking of, they have already been on those two servers.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Minoru.1237

Never Die came from IOJ.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Minoru.1237

VotF is also an excellent guild. Are they going to stay on SoS?

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

VotF is also an excellent guild. Are they going to stay on SoS?

Come to SoR. We enjoy long walks on the beach, baking, watching movies and killing random JQ.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Interesting, but it wasn’t my ‘advice’. I was just telling the commander on your server that I do not blame him in the least for not coming out to fight. I was supporting his tactics. Please take note of his words:

“To bring another point, why do you think we would ever partake in open field combat "

Thanks!

And here I was thinking we were sharing a much too rare moment of civility and good will among neighboring servers. I apologize for the error. However, to Noodle’s point…

In the name of restoring civility, I leave you with this:

Warfare is the Way of deception.
Therefore, if able, appear unable,
if active, appear not active,
if near, appear far,
if far, appear near.
If they have advantage, entice them;
if they are confused, take them,
if they are substantial, prepare for them,
if they are strong, avoid them,
if they are angry, disturb them,
if they are humble, make them haughty,
if they are relaxed, toil them,
if they are united, separate them.
Attack where they are not prepared, go out to where they do not expect.
This specialized warfare leads to victory, and may not be transmitted beforehand.
Before doing battle, in the temple one calculates and will win, because many calculations were made;
before doing battle, in the temple one calculates and will not win, because few calculations were made;
many calculations, victory, few calculations, no victory, then how much less so when no calculations?

By means of these, I can observe them, beholding victory or defeat!

#TeamJadeQuarry

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Never Die came from IOJ.

Answers my question, different ND.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

And here I was thinking we were sharing a much too rare moment of civility and good will among neighboring servers. I apologize for the error. However, to Noodle’s point…

Well I was being civil and supporting the tactics employed by a JQ commander. You took it in a different direction with your veiled claim to have no equal in open field combat.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Well I was being civil and supporting the tactics employed by a JQ commander. You took it in a different direction with your veiled claim to have no equal in open field combat.

Bah, I certainly have equals out there. Hell, thieves tend to eat me alive half the time if I don’t see them coming. Very frustrating. Still, the occasional victory makes it worth while. Although I do find that against non-thieves at the worst I have a pretty decent chance on at least escaping with my mesmer. I love the confusion masses of clones can sow out there.

#TeamJadeQuarry

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

Wait what? We like our lack of Ques on BG. Just kidding, sort of.

Doesn’t TC need help, or maybe Kain They like to fight as much as BG does and then T2 can be a dead heat possibly. Hopefully people are thinking this through.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Minoru.1237

I say this as a JQ citizen. If you guys are bailing to another server, don’t leave the guild ND on a sinking SOS. They are too good to fall out of T1. Remember that SoS recruited them, so if the server is giving up on WvW, atleast let them know so they can find a new home on SoR or Blackgate, or maybe even TC, though I think they should stay in T1.

We have not given up on wvw. That’s just a lie and a kitten weak excuse and takes credit away from our opponents who have outplayed us. But hey if you didn’t want to be here it’s probably for the best that you left. At least now we don’t have to worry about ohai making SOS look bad by trolling jq in every match thread. Aggression will be missed, they conducted themselves with dignity and were much respected here. Wish you guys all the best in your future endeavours.

Well said. I wish more posters on these forums were as reasonable as you are.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Tiesto.9084

Tiesto.9084

Score updates !!!

Attachments:

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Score updates !!!

Not sure we really need score updates during this time of the day do we? It is pretty much always going to be JQ alot and everyone else very little. Getting kind of redundant.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Doesn’t TC need help, or maybe Kain They like to fight as much as BG does and then T2 can be a dead heat possibly. Hopefully people are thinking this through.

The idea is probably to bump us up into T1 as a new old contender, not to make T2 more competitive.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I mean yeah, everyone plays games to have fun but I would expect most people on your server to consider winning a big part of that. It may not be very realistic, but the goal must be to win right?

Just not sure I am buying the whole if it happens it happens thing. People that play in T1 on one of the top servers in the game investing tons of time, effort and in game currency on something that has no reward other than winning makes the statement hard to believe.

Different people play for different reasons. Some people play just to see enemies do funny things like jump off cliffs.

Out of all the WvW I’ve done, I’ve had the most fun in two specific instances:

1. Using a pull + knockback to pull a player off the back of a tower then knock them off a cliff.

2. Watching a Ranger quickness volley into a Feedback and not stop. The confusion ticks hit 4k, and he dealt 14k to himself from the physical reflection.

Other stuff … less interesting.

Some people play WvW just to be part of a team and play with other people.

Some people play to rack up an invisible kill count. Some people want to make a name for their guild (since making a name for themselves is apparently something ANet wanted to design against).

Players play for different reasons. It’s pretty narrow-minded to assume other players play for the same reason you do, and arrogant to assume that only those who focus on winning T1 can actually get to T1.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Bah, I certainly have equals out there. Hell, thieves tend to eat me alive half the time if I don’t see them coming. Very frustrating. Still, the occasional victory makes it worth while. Although I do find that against non-thieves at the worst I have a pretty decent chance on at least escaping with my mesmer. I love the confusion masses of clones can sow out there.

I have the opposite problem. I can all but ignore thieves, but good mesmers give me problems.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

If you haven’t noticed we’re severely lacking in our Aussie coverage lol… Regardless, Agg and FoE are amazing (very organized) guilds that we’ve gone up against before and I’ll definitely enjoy fighting beside our old/new brothers

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

It’s funny hearing SoR make up excuses of why Blackgate doesn’t belong in T1 because we “PvDoor” when that’s the only reason why they got where they are at. So before you talk kitten, make sure you have the facts to back it up or else someone is going to have to put you in your place, covenn.

Please do put me in my place. I am begging you.

I enjoyed you and your guild running into us repeatedly to drop bags at my feet. You made me so much money. I have to give you props though, you at least tried to fight us open field and didn’t give up or leave the map like others do. You never gave up no matter how many times you got smashed. /salute

Hard numbers > obvious bait

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Duskfall.1296

Duskfall.1296

Score updates !!!

Dear arena net:

Send us your puppies as a peace offering and we’ll let you keep a fortified tower on your home borderlands. We’ll even keep the graffiti to a minimum.

That was funny! Yar!

War Born 80 (full support) guardian.
“Choo” SoR

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

If you haven’t noticed we’re severely lacking in our Aussie coverage lol… Regardless, Agg and FoE are amazing (very organized) guilds that we’ve gone up against before and I’ll definitely enjoy fighting beside our old/new brothers

Oh, ok I thought AGG was an NA server, I don’t remember fighting them between 10PM server- 6am server when there were no commanders to be found and 12 of us on the maps being spawn camped in T1. But if they’re in Hawaii and Fiji then Welcome AGG!

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

Sigh.

Is there anyone else who considers reading these posts here forbidden under the Geneva Convention (and others) ? It’s torture.. really…

On 10 December 1948 the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). Article 5 states, “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.”

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Jeeze at the kitten hittin the fan in this thread, I used to enjoy reading these threads at work, but now it’s just quote walls of malicious text. I understand defending one’s server reputation against accusations of being “zergy” or “PvDoor” or “omg u guyz suckz”, I have done it before myself. But carrying on through 5+ pages with the same argument with the same person is just disgraceful for any server.

Jayne, I love you guys in TC with all my heart, thank you for trying to bring some fun to this thread. I would pick one but I don’t really know any of those people >.<

I’m not sure if PRX reads these forums, but you guys (and I think a lot of non-PRX running with you) really had our number for a bit there near NA prime last night. I think we finally got you back a couple times, but those were some of the longest most drawn out battles I have had in forever. I really enjoyed them and hope for some repeats tonight

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

No not really, you choose to subject yourself to it.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

covenn.7165

Please send PRX to come play in the BL we are in tonight. I love fighting them.

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: barrage.1089

barrage.1089

the amount of kitten in this thread is astronomical

Commander “Suicide” Freijnor

SoR lifer

08/02 JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Jayne, I love you guys in TC with all my heart, thank you for trying to bring some fun to this thread. I would pick one but I don’t really know any of those people >.<

Choo is welcome on TC any time they’d like. You guys always behave with dignity and respect, and some good ol’ fashioned teasing. You’d be a good fit.

L’enfer, c’est les autres