1-11-13 SoS vs JQ vs BG redux

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

New server standings relative to each other?

Tier A: SoS / JQ
Tier B: BG / SoR (BG SEA+EU heavy and SoR NA heavy)
Tier C: TC / FA / CD

There is a clear divide between 1&2 and everyone else.

I wouldn’t call us EU heavy there are just organized guilds that pull all the weight

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I wouldn’t call us EU heavy there are just organized guilds that pull all the weight

Good correction. Smokee and the HB crew (and our other EUs) are just insane. They just make it seem like we have a huge EU force.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Good correction. Smokee and the HB crew (and our other EUs) are just insane. They just make it seem like we have a huge EU force.

Now that jade quarry have red guard It probably won’t seem so big anymore.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

lol yeah SF bandwaggoned onto the prx train. If they truly wanted a competitive t1 they would have joined BG. Totally lost respect for their guild.

That’s allright, it’s a mutual feeling

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Now that jade quarry have red guard It probably won’t seem so big anymore.

Sorry, I meant BG vs SOR relative to each other, not compared to SOS/JQ. I should have clarified that.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

I’ve read SF’s reasons for joining JQ. Although it’s kind of bad to say it as T1, but we do need it.

Not sure about SoS and BG, but JQ actually gets outmanned buffs during NA primetime in EB. It’s during this time that we generally lose our outliners and sometimes inner towers.

Will be interesting next 2 weeks as the new guilds funnel in.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

New server standings relative to each other?

Tier A: SoS / JQ
Tier B: BG / SoR (BG SEA+EU heavy and SoR NA heavy)
Tier C: TC / FA / CD

There is a clear divide between SoS/JQ and everyone else.

Keep in mind that SoR got 2 oceanic guilds from IoJ (HIRE is ex-IoJ) and a million guilds from SBI, a big chunk of which are Asian. I won’t be surprised at all if their coverage is stronger than even Blackgate now.

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

lol yeah SF bandwaggoned onto the prx train. If they truly wanted a competitive t1 they would have joined BG. Totally lost respect for their guild.

SoS is getting A LOT of transfers is quite understandable they move over JQ we have been longer in T1 than any server this means we are the most stable wvw server, they just want a challenge and not join SoS to have every BL covered and conquered 24/7, BG just hit t1 again, you can’t assure BG will be able to stay in T1

All classes

in WvW

Posted by: hoschi.8693

hoschi.8693

infact, we foresee a very competitive T1.. : SoS vs JQ vs SoR

Saint of Destruction of the Holy Church of Jedsus Chris of Saturday Feints
Strike Force [SF]

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Keep in mind that SoR got 2 oceanic guilds from IoJ (HIRE is ex-IoJ) and a million guilds from SBI, a big chunk of which are Asian. I won’t be surprised at all if their coverage is stronger than even Blackgate now.

Good info, thanks. Hard to keep track of all these guild -> server moves.

As much as I’ve liked the break from fighting SoR, a BG vs SoR rematch would probably be much more balanced now and probably loads of fun. Although it is probably unlikely, given our current/pending 3rd and 4th place standings.

I will say, I miss fighting SoR (and TC as well). SoS and JQ are great, but SoR (during NA prime time) was more challenging. I don’t want to flame SoS/JQ so I will avoid being more specific.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I admit SoR might need more sea/oceanic coverage to compete with JQ and SoS.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Aieo.2815

Good info, thanks. Hard to keep track of all these guild -> server moves.

As much as I’ve liked the break from fighting SoR, a BG vs SoR rematch would probably be much more balanced now and probably loads of fun. Although it is probably unlikely, given our current/pending 3rd and 4th place standings.

I will say, I miss fighting SoR (and TC as well). SoS and JQ are great, but SoR (during NA prime time) was more challenging. I don’t want to flame SoS/JQ so I will avoid being more specific.

Glad you find SoR’s NA prime more challenging as half of their NA force are ex JQ DAoC guilds.

Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Played in EB last night. Had some great fights with HB and friends around Hyleks, QL, and Umber, great fun all round.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: Kurthos.2354

Kurthos.2354

SoS is getting A LOT of transfers is quite understandable they move over JQ we have been longer in T1 than any server this means we are the most stable wvw server, they just want a challenge and not join SoS to have every BL covered and conquered 24/7, BG just hit t1 again, you can’t assure BG will be able to stay in T1

Correction: Since November, we have had three guilds transfer.

PTX: Not the same sized guild they once were, but still fielding 10-15 everynight.
ND: Very large SEA guild.
TRA: Very small Italian guild.

Guilds that have left SoS:
RMA: Large Brazilian Guild
PRX: Large NA guild.

(edited by Kurthos.2354)

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

Many guilds stacking into a server is fine IMHO, but having three of the top guilds in the game stack onto a t1 server is kinda cheap. Still, hopefully SOS doesn’t get steam rolled this week and we have a great many good fights and a even contest between all three sides.

Just wish I could play during euro prime time. would love to see HB and the red guard duking it out.

Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Predator.7321

Many guilds stacking into a server is fine IMHO, but having three of the top guilds in the game stack onto a t1 server is kinda cheap. Still, hopefully SOS doesn’t get steam rolled this week and we have a great many good fights and a even contest between all three sides.

Just wish I could play during euro prime time. would love to see HB and the red guard duking it out.

Haha SoS getting steamrolled is the least of your concern…..
I am only looking forward to Red guard the next reset might be a blowout for BG

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

I’ve read SF’s reasons for joining JQ. Although it’s kind of bad to say it as T1, but we do need it.

Not sure about SoS and BG, but JQ actually gets outmanned buffs during NA primetime in EB. It’s during this time that we generally lose our outliners and sometimes inner towers.

Will be interesting next 2 weeks as the new guilds funnel in.

BG gets the outmanned buff on BGBL.

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

BG can stay in t1 a long time if they show the determination they showed this week. Especially if SoS and JQ are beating each other up. A solid server with decent 24/7 coverage can survive in t1 for a long time as we have proven.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Tobias Steele.2071

I’ll quote you on that post if we get steam rolled then. :-p Jq will be gunning for SOS in a big way and vice versa. There will be plenty of opertunities for black gate to use that to their advantage and gain ppt against both servers.

Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

Same with JQ and SoS, I was talking EB specifically.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

I find it hard to believe SoS or JQ gets the outmanned buff anywhere.

in WvW

Predator.7321

BG can stay in t1 a long time if they show the determination they showed this week. Especially if SoS and JQ are beating each other up. A solid server with decent 24/7 coverage can survive in t1 for a long time as we have proven.

But wvw is a month long battle and as we know people play wvw less as time passes. The reset night in t1 is the “gungho” status and everyone is excited to play in the coming weeks we are only going to lose people. With guesting coming and basically server lockdowns I don’t see Blackgate moving up in this current situation

in WvW

Xirin.8593

I’ll quote you on that post if we get steam rolled then. :-p Jq will be gunning for SOS in a big way and vice versa. There will be plenty of opertunities for black gate to use that to their advantage and gain ppt against both servers.

Don’t mind us, you guys better worry about each other…/whistles

/kicks down back door of SM

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Sounds a little hostile. I read the reason SF moved from the guildwars2 guru post. I don’t really see why the hostility. No offense to BG, but they’ve been in Tier 1 twice, JQ has been in Tier 1 since launch and same with SBI until recently. SBI was probably JQ’s biggest rival (after HoD left) till SoS arrived. Why would a guild move to a server that is fairly new to tier 1 (again, no offense BG) when that server isn’t guaranteed to stay in Tier 1? Human nature – people play to win. Sure, SF could have moved to SoS, but according to the reply you got from a SF member, ohai, it seems there’s bad blood between SF and SoS. To me, SF wanted the challenge of Tier 1 (so not SoS) but wanted to be in Tier 1 for a guaranteed long time (so not BG). That leaves 1 server to go to that’s currently in Tier 1, JQ. That’s not to say JQ will be bumped out of Tier 1 next week, 2 wks or however many weeks from now.

Edit: Also, please don’t say “you’re from JQ, so of course you’re ok with it”. As a casual WvW player, SF joining would have made no difference to me. I am just trying to bring logic to your hostile post. Heck, I may even transfer to FA to play with the guild I’m actually representing. Being on a tier 1 server, while very awesome, has no real bearing on me. For now, I enjoy the community we have on JQ so that’s why I am still here.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Predator.7321

Sounds a little hostile. I read the reason SF moved from the guildwars2 guru post. I don’t really see why the hostility. No offense to BG, but they’ve been in Tier 1 twice, JQ has been in Tier 1 since launch and same with SBI until recently. SBI was probably JQ’s biggest rival (after HoD left) till SoS arrived. Why would a guild move to a server that is fairly new to tier 1 (again, no offense BG) when that server isn’t guaranteed to stay in Tier 1? Human nature – people play to win. Sure, SF could have moved to SoS, but according to the reply you got from a SF member, ohai, it seems there’s bad blood between SF and SoS. To me, SF wanted the challenge of Tier 1 (so not SoS) but wanted to be in Tier 1 for a guaranteed long time (so not BG). That leaves 1 server to go to that’s currently in Tier 1, JQ. That’s not to say JQ will be bumped out of Tier 1 next week, 2 wks or however many weeks from now.

Well this screws up the balance of t1. Blackgate is stuck between t1 and t2 right now with SoS and JQ in another league
*edit and you can expect SBI to lose next week too

in WvW

Aieo.2815

With the recent news about paid transfers, it’s not surprising. IoJ and SBI are currently experiencing the HoD/ET syndrome. WvW guilds there are looking for a new home.

Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Well, if this is true then call me excited. Not that I don’t believe you, but I’m still going to temper my enthusiasm until I see an official announcement.

Psst. Look at our forums. You’re welcome.

Pst! Wasn’t up when I posted this!

lol

I had to ask to get info.

You weren’t looking hard enough. They posted a couple of messages before others posted about it.

Yeah, I put my dunce hat on when I looked at the “Introductions” thread and realized that news had been up for 5 hours… Haven’t been very focused today.

SF and PRX. Pretty good haul. It guarantees nothing, except for a kitten good fight!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Well this screws up the balance of t1. Blackgate is stuck between t1 and t2 right now with SoS and JQ in another league

I understand this, but would you leave your server to join a server that doesn’t have longevity in a higher tier if that’s what you were aiming to do, which is to stay in a higher tier?

It may have been better for SF to go to BG since it would have balanced things out, maybe. What happens if BG got dropped to Tier 2 though after they transferred, which would be against SF’s goal? They would have to pay to come up to Tier 1. I just don’t want JQ to become another SoS – intermediately difficult wins with 30k or more lead. I would still like it to be fairly challenging. PvDoor is never fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

After all the guilds finally transfer over, its going to be interesting to see who is going to win between JQ and SoS. I feel kinda bad for BG though , this has to be the worst timing to announce paid transfers for them. They come up and try to recruit to be competitive in T1, but the announcement completely screws them over.

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

I think SF made a great choice. I think they’ll fit right in with JQ. Heck, the average SF player has probably spent more time “around” a JQ than most JQ have haha.

SF and Prx are also filling a sizeable whole in JQ coverage during NA, they will have all the fight they can handle plus enjoy the support of the dozens of JQ’s smaller wvw ex-daoc stomp your face guilds. (If members of either guild find yourself surrounded by Shadow Gypsies thieves suddenly attacking you, just shout "same team same team you drunk @#$%’s! =) )

Welcome to JQ.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Predator.7321

I understand this, but would you leave your server to join a server that doesn’t have longevity in a higher tier if that’s what you were aiming to do, which is to stay in a higher tier?

It may have been better for SF to go to BG since it would have balanced things out, maybe. What happens if BG got dropped to Tier 2 though after they transferred, which would be against SF’s goal? They would have to pay to come up to Tier 1. I just don’t want JQ to become another SoS – intermediately difficult wins with 30k or more lead. I would still like it to be fairly challenging. PvDoor is never fun.

1. Yes I would because I would like to earn my wins and defeat my enemies will skill and respect.
Idk about you but for me winning isn’t everything
So you’re saying if JQ hypothetically dropped dead right now you would move to SoS just because you want win alot?
2. You’re right Pvdoor isn’t fun but stacking tends to lead to that (former HoD)

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

After all the guilds finally transfer over, its going to be interesting to see who is going to win between JQ and SoS. I feel kinda bad for BG though , this has to be the worst timing to announce paid transfers for them. They come up and try to recruit to be competitive in T1, but the announcement completely screws them over.

Agreed, even if my previous 2 posts don’t show it. I do feel bad for them. Its been really fun fights with BG the little I’ve gone up against them and it would be nice to see them stay. GG Anet…

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

1. Yes I would because I would like to earn my wins and defeat my enemies will skill and respect.
So you’re saying if JQ hypothetically dropped dead right now you would move to SoS just because you want win alot?
2. You’re right Pvdoor isn’t fun but stacking tends to lead to that (former HoD)

No, I wouldn’t want to be on SoS at all (no offense). Did you not read my post? I’m ready to move to FA at any time to join my currently representing guild. FA is in Tier 3. Please read my post. Tier 1 has little meaning to me since I’m a, at the moment, casual WvW player. I’m on JQ still because I find the community friendly and helpful.

in WvW

Aieo.2815

I thought the highest tier of any game is meant to be hardcore.

Effing rallybot

in WvW

Predator.7321

No, I wouldn’t want to be on SoS at all (no offense). Did you not read my post? I’m ready to move to FA at any time to join my currently representing guild. FA is in Tier 3. Please read my post. Tier 1 has little meaning to me since I’m a, at the moment, casual WvW player.

Well that didn’t technically apply only to you but for people that move to servers to win. I thought we were talking about transfers

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

No, I wouldn’t want to be on SoS at all (no offense). Did you not read my post? I’m ready to move to FA at any time to join my currently representing guild. FA is in Tier 3. Please read my post. Tier 1 has little meaning to me since I’m a, at the moment, casual WvW player.

Well that didn’t technically apply only to you but for people that move to servers to win. I thought we were talking about transfers

You quoted me so I thought when you said “you would move to SoS if JQ dropped dead” meant me, which I’m pretty sure it did.

in WvW

Predator.7321

You quoted me so I thought when you said “you would move to SoS if JQ dropped dead” meant me, which I’m pretty sure it did.

Well my bad was talking about people in general sorry for the mistype

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

infact, we foresee a very competitive T1.. : SoS vs JQ vs SoR

This would be awesome.

SoR were our rival server on our way to the top, would love to grab some badges from them again

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Well my bad was talking about people in general sorry for the confusion

Ok, no worries. I can’t talk for others though. I personally would not ‘bandwagon’ to a server because they were Tier 1 or #1. I’ve been on JQ since launch. For me, PvE has always come before any type of PvP. That being said, the latter half of GW1’s longevity before 2 came out, I did a lot of PvP mainly because I was working on the Kurzick title maxing. Maybe same will happen in GW2, but I do intend to get more into WvW soonish (as soon as necro reaches 80 and at least fully rare quality geared, but preferably exotic’ed).

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

I don’t feel bad for Blackgate. They’re a great server and fight hard as nails. If they get rolled due to a population gap, how does that in any way reflect on them? It’s not like they’ll ever drop below T2. Heck, they’ll be in T1 for another few weeks, and I bet the make a much better showing of it than people are assuming.

If you feel bad for Blackgate in any way shape or form, go log in right now and fight them. They’ll mash up your face, and then you won’t feel bad for them at all. They can handle this.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

Correction: Since November, we have had three guilds transfer.

PTX: Not the same sized guild they once were, but still fielding 10-15 everynight.
ND: Very large SEA guild.
TRA: Very small Italian guild.

Guilds that have left SoS:
RMA: Large Brazilian Guild
PRX: Large NA guild.

I think you are underestimating those who are not in a known guild or randoms who wanna join, you have no idea how many people will want to transfer to the #1 server in WvW and those randoms could be future recruits to all the guilds that currently play WvW in SoS

All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

Score update brought to you by Feisty:

Attachments:

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

I find it hard to believe SoS or JQ gets the outmanned buff anywhere.

plenty of times. Had the outmanned buff last night when I was playing on EB several times during a 5 hour play session.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

We have outmanned buff on 3 of 4 maps from around 6am central until around 3pm central.
This is why SoS need euro’s, because with all the bandwagons to JQ in NA timezone they may now have the stronger NA aswell as the stronger daytime.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

choices choices. JQ or SOS. SOS or JQ… hmmm

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Aieo.2815

We have outmanned buff on 3 of 4 maps from around 6am central until around 3pm central.
This is why SoS need euro’s, because with all the bandwagons to JQ in NA timezone they may now have the stronger NA aswell as the stronger daytime.

We will stand our ground without them and break out when it’s our prime time. It’s been like this since SoS moved out of T4 with our beloved NA and Oceanic/SEA brothers and sisters.

Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Good fight this week all servers!.

I welcome the people who have arrived on all servers and hope we can keep this game rolling many more months.

All three teams led PPT at various hours and all teams won and lost open field battles, enjoy the coming weeks.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

If they went to SoS, would they be bandwagons too? Out of everyone on SoS in this thread, you seem to be the most hostile about all of this.

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

Im not hostile. I was excited when prx moved to JQ as i knew it would be a tight as hell game.
SF on the other hand, yeah. May have just tipped the scale a bit too much instead of bolstering Blackgate and making it a great 3 way.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

I’m amazed at all of the posts defending all of these major transfers into SoS/JQ. I’m not upset if Blackgate moves down a server, so don’t take this the wrong way but… People keep mentioning this “goal” of being in a Tier 1 server. What good is a goal if you don’t accomplish it yourself? Moving a guild to an already #1/#2 server is like buying a legendary from the TP. Someone mentioned how horrible it would be to transfer a whole guild to Blackgate only to have them move down to Tier 2. What came next was amazing. “They’d have to spend real money to move back to tier 1”. Are you kidding me? What happened to playing the game and actually EARNING a T1 spot?

If these major guild’s real goal is to be part of a Tier 1 server maybe they should earn it. I’m going to say one more time here so nobody gets the wrong idea: I play on Blackgate. I don’t care if I’m in T1, T2, or T8. As long as there are people to play against I’m happy.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola