1-4-13: Maguuma/Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Just curious, what did you guys (devonas and maguuma) think of the BURN zerg in EB last night? we had pulled in about 80 people and im curious to see the effect that it had on you guys… just curious…

BP actually has 80 man guilds? Forget what I said earlier about suspecting you guys having more players. You definitely have more players than Mag lol. How did you not take all of eternal with forces like that?

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

The BP zerg in BPBL is the funniest thing i have seen in WvW so far. Its literally a ‘roaming’ zerg. No objective, just run as a zerg and chase down everything they see, its hilarious.. and sad.

No I think the one in your BL is much more entertaining. We massacred about 40 of them over the course of 10 minutes. Are you guys mostly British? It reminds me of this…

You used cannons and alligators?

OFC! River drakes and siege cannons. Now only if my guard could catch someone riding the lightning…

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Its exhausting. I’m out for the night (morning). Its been like this for nearly 10 hours straight…

Rebel, go to bed. What did we tell you about all-nighters? Maguuma will be there as you sleep. It might be burned to the ground and Tyler’s house in EBG might be on fire… but it’ll be there.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: HighRoller.9508

HighRoller.9508

Hello BP + Mag
Firstly I would like to thank you for the awesome fights we’ve had so far.
I by no means am a regular poster (quite the lurker in fact) but would like to raise something to your attention.

We (DR) apparently have a truce with BP to not hit each other’s BL or anything on EB (except SM, thats FFA). I do not speak for everyone on DR or even [GASM] but I personally will not be complying to these terms.
The way I see it, it lets BP get a ‘free’ first place spot while we (most likely) get nothing (a possible 2nd, lol).
But, I like how as soon as it gets challenging for us, we have to roll over and take it in the kitten by allying with another server.

So if your guild decides to respect whatever truce you say there is you won’t follow their decision?

Yes, I will NOT be respecting the truce.
Saying that though, I will not be repping my guild for the rest of the week as I do not want all the hate/blame to be aimed at them (from the lack of co-operation).

Too many characters to count D:
MAGUUMA

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

Hello BP + Mag
Firstly I would like to thank you for the awesome fights we’ve had so far.
I by no means am a regular poster (quite the lurker in fact) but would like to raise something to your attention.

We (DR) apparently have a truce with BP to not hit each other’s BL or anything on EB (except SM, thats FFA). I do not speak for everyone on DR or even [GASM] but I personally will not be complying to these terms.
The way I see it, it lets BP get a ‘free’ first place spot while we (most likely) get nothing (a possible 2nd, lol).
But, I like how as soon as it gets challenging for us, we have to roll over and take it in the kitten by allying with another server.

So if your guild decides to respect whatever truce you say there is you won’t follow their decision?

Yes, I will NOT be respecting the truce.
Saying that though, I will not be repping my guild for the rest of the week as I do not want all the hate/blame to be aimed at them (from the lack of co-operation).

Sounds fair.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Birdo.1768

Birdo.1768

There are two possible outcomes for this matchup it seems.

1. DR and BP attack each other and Maguuma wins by a landslide.
2. DR and BP focus on Maguuma and we have a balanced match.

I’ll put my money on #1, unfortunately.

lol seems like its #2 now

Viewtiful Birdo : Guardian

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

This will be interesting to watch. I’ve yet to see an alliance not crumble and fall.

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

Wow… very impressive team work & the numbers both BP and Mag can put in the Field… seems DR is in need of some Education on increasing our WvW Population…

To Begin… when two Level 80 Characters love each other very Much… they Share a “Special Hug”… the Result is a “Zergling” *

The “Zergling” is then release into the World… the “Zergling” being weak and disoriented… will often congregate together in the “Herd Mentality” referred to as a “Karma Train” * seeking protection in sheer numbers… as they roam aimlessly with little purpose… hopeing only to not end up as a “Loot Bag” and reach Maturity…

1 footnote *
Zergling noun (word origin) from the Latin: {Scaled-Up-icus } : 1. Low Level Player attempting to Level-Up playing WvW

2 footnote *
Karma Train noun (word origin) from the Latin: {Loot-Bag-ious} : 1. Group of Loot Bags lead by Mindless Commander

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Wow… very impressive team work & the numbers both BP and Mag can put in the Field… seems DR is in need of some Education on increasing our WvW Population…

To Begin… when two Level 80 Characters love each other very Much… they Share a “Special Hug”… the Result is a “Zergling” *

The “Zergling” is then release into the World… the “Zergling” being weak and disoriented… will often congregate together in the “Herd Mentality” referred to as a “Karma Train” * seeking protection in sheer numbers… as they roam aimlessly with little purpose… hopeing only to not end up as a “Loot Bag” and reach Maturity…

1 footnote *
Zergling noun (word origin) from the Latin: {Scaled-Up-icus } : 1. Low Level Player attempting to Level-Up playing WvW

2 footnote *
Karma Train noun (word origin) from the Latin: {Loot-Bag-ious} : 1. Group of Loot Bags lead by Mindless Commander

What the hell is this?

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

1 footnote *

2 footnote *

I love your posts, keep em coming!
On topic. Nice fights tonight, hope I was annoying enough with recapping supply camps/capping camps to sent pressure away from our bay

Great match up, but we have a lot to learn!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Here’s your education, join Maguuma! But seriously what some of you guys could do is transfer to other servers for a week to get outside perspectives and strategies. All the cool kids are doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This week’s match has been the best I’ve played in WEEKS! I felt BP was gonna get steamrolled by Mags in the beginning, but we kept it close. Now it’s a pretty even 3 way, with Devona’s starting to take all of the maps.

I’d like this to go on for months. Here’s to hoping no one moves up or down the ladder in our tier.

:3

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I don’t like this matchup the sooner we leave this tier the better.
Not enough people to kill here.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Bunzy, you keep saying you want to face the best, and that Maguuma has the best…. so I have a question for you. Why not switch servers? Try fighting against them for a change, see how it goes.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

Good lord… to the previous servers we faced… yea you havent seen zerging… :p
Not a complaint jealous we cant match the massed numbers against us at the moment.

DR guys, HoD was in tier 1….
trust me I’ve seen more servers and tiers than the majority of people
I predicted you guys were a T5 server and behold i was spot on
I will further predict that Kaineng is better than the servers currently in T5

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

We had a lot of fun in EB last night! So many open field fights against both sides. We are definitely loving the fact that we finally have people to fight!!!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Define “better”. I’m on Kain right now and 90% of their playerbase has no idea what the hell they’re doing. It’s basically 2 and a half guilds with pubbie filler right now. They’ll eventually rise to tier 3/4, but that’s because they’re going to start a transfer snowball pretty soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Good lord… to the previous servers we faced… yea you havent seen zerging… :p
Not a complaint jealous we cant match the massed numbers against us at the moment.

DR guys, HoD was in tier 1….
trust me I’ve seen more servers and tiers than the majority of people
I predicted you guys were a T5 server and behold i was spot on

If you were paying attention, a lot of the DR people were predicting the same thing. Also, I would avoid using the word better when referring to who wins server matchups. :P

It’s mostly about population and 24/7 coverage.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Warning to Devona’s Rest, there be dragons in the tiers above. Magumma is by far the gentlest among them.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Here is a pretty insane extended 3way fight over a supply camp. I apologize for the crack about numbers. Just a little sign of frustration.

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

thats true I think the guys from BSty are BEYOND good – I should have stated it differently but yeah points wise Kaineng is going to go past DR and BP

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

LoL>

After reading all 4 pages this is what I get from this match up.

Mag- “We have less than you, we’re just better”

BP- " No, We are better than you, but we have less than you"

DR- " Why aren’t we rolling over servers anymore? Oh yea! We have less too!"

BP to DR " Lets team up so we can go back to out numbering our opponent"

DR to BP " Ok! , but lets keep saying we have less! yes? "

Mag- " See, we have less than the two of you, and we’re better!"

-K

Why is there a T6 on our thread >.>
you don’t belong here.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Here is a pretty insane extended 3way fight over a supply camp. I apologize for the crack about numbers. Just a little sign of frustration.

Awesome vid. Your teamwork is top notch, guys. Thanks for sharing.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I have something to learn from your guardians, I lost track of the number of times I got stuck in the guardian prison bubble of death yesterday. Then again, I have something to learn from any guardian. And thief. And engineer. And aahhhhh…

Nice to see BP got reset while I slept

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Score update, please!

I have something to learn from your guardians, I lost track of the number of times I got stuck in the guardian prison bubble of death yesterday. Then again, I have something to learn from any guardian.

Don’t you want to learn from me? I’m doing special training all for Maguuma, all for you.

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

Only cause Guardian asked, and Guardian is the best, most shiniest pokemon:

Attachments:

.~.~

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

you don’t belong here.

That’s our stalker. He’s still mad we moved up a tier 4 weeks ago and has been trolling our threads ever since. Now that DR pasted Anvil and moved up, he has double the reason to stalk.

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Warning to Devona’s Rest, there be dragons in the tiers above. Magumma is by far the gentlest among them.

Mag must be dragon slayers then.
http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/38/14

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I have something to learn from your guardians, I lost track of the number of times I got stuck in the guardian prison bubble of death yesterday. Then again, I have something to learn from any guardian. And thief. And engineer. And aahhhhh…

Yeah, the JI/RoW combo can be really strong if it catches people off guard.

Side note: Props to Maguuma for having some dedicated and aware keep/tower defenders. We hate you, but that just means that you were doing your job. :P

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Only cause Guardian asked, and Guardian is the best, most shiniest pokemon:

Thank you very much!

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Dear Bluefin Tuna (FIN) warrior from BP with GS (Eternity) / Sword n Board, this is the Sunrise/Juggernaut guard from the southeast side of Stonemist. Thanks for making zerg surfing bearable =D
I usually despise anything zerg, but killing people then backing off to stop you from doing what I just did was a lot of fun. It felt like the battle of Troy, lol.

Nice damage/escapeability. I hope more warriors don’t start doing what you do.

in WvW

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

One of those may have been me. I love running Staff and Hammer to lock people out of running away.
Not in the video though. Spent all my time in the EB.

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

(edited by Razgriz.2590)

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

LoL>

-K

you don’t belong here.

DR, Mag, & BP… we have all been in several tiers… and developed many Relationship’s… and they’re mad… cause we said “Its not you… Its Me” and “Broke Up” w/ them… and they keep “Poking” us & checking our “FaceBook Status” to see if we aren’t “Doing Well” and posting on our Page hoping to Remind us how “Good it Was” maybe we can “Get back Together”

I think many here can relate to that.. we have all been there…
“Its was Late… you were Drunk… so you decide to call your “Ex”… but you cant seem to get the Pentagram correct…"

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Posted by: Hartman.4267

Hartman.4267

Just curious, what did you guys (devonas and maguuma) think of the BURN zerg in EB last night? we had pulled in about 80 people and im curious to see the effect that it had on you guys… just curious…

BP actually has 80 man guilds? Forget what I said earlier about suspecting you guys having more players. You definitely have more players than Mag lol. How did you not take all of eternal with forces like that?

Well DR and Mag were hitting SM from all sides, which kept us busy most of the time, we always had about 7 or 8 walls down from trebs. And actually, BURN has about 440 people.

Raptor Hartman
Warrior of Maguuma – June 29, 2013
Proud member of Seraphim Martyrs [BURN]

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

We had a blast in DRB today as well!!! Good fights with BP!! It took us a while to take it all back due to your persistence There are a lot of us on this server that don’t believe in other server alliances because you cannot control the mindset of an entire server. We had a lot of fun and hope you guys enjoyed it as well. Congrats to our new commander Gaor in SoCo who did a great job leading!!!! <3

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Hartman.4267

Hartman.4267

two more things, and im not sure that we have more numbers, its just that those numbers that we do have, are dedicated.
Believe me, im not complaining, just predicting, from what ive seen, our numbers are all small, but we are dedicated.

Second, i can tell you maguuma, that NONE of the big guilds are giving in to this “truce” you guys are hearing about, so you dont have anything to worry about. Sadly the only evidence i can provide you about this, could be fake for all you know, i dont have a screen shot, but BP and DR are hammering eachother all day, AND as of right now, it seems like DR and Mag are teaming up, (probably unknowingly, not accusing anything) as we are getting SMASHED in our borderlands.

Raptor Hartman
Warrior of Maguuma – June 29, 2013
Proud member of Seraphim Martyrs [BURN]

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

This conversation is way to civil and polite, I wont abide this. So with that….

Good job on catching up DR after asking for a truce and then doing a duel attack on the BP BL last night with Magumma on the other side.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

Good job on catching up DR after asking for a truce and then doing a duel attack on the BP BL last night with Magumma on the other side.

There will never be a truce

Edit: Testing sig

Attachments:

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Jaaded.1870)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

We don’t mass recruit unlike other servers. It would be nice sometimes if we did. But whatever, we still have fun.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Score update, please!

I have something to learn from your guardians, I lost track of the number of times I got stuck in the guardian prison bubble of death yesterday. Then again, I have something to learn from any guardian.

Don’t you want to learn from me? I’m doing special training all for Maguuma, all for you.

Maybe…you don’t play when I do though, this week was a fluke because I was on vacation!

Worked pretty well for them, I’d say…

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Question for DR and BP: Does your server attendance for WvW drop off during the week?

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

Question for DR and BP: Does your server attendance for WvW drop off during the week?

DRs retention rate is fairly high. evenings and late night stay about the same, early morning their is usually a small drop off, and mid days is around 80% of weekend.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

it seems like DR and Mag are teaming up, (probably unknowingly, not accusing anything) as we are getting SMASHED in our borderlands.

Mag taking BPs entire BL right now had nothing to do with DR at all. Them sitting in SW tower wasn’t anything significant. If it distracted you, that’s on your own commanders.

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

shrugs when I left for lunch around 1 pm cst truce was in place… I come back an hour later BP has half our BL.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Honeymoon period is over.

in WvW

Posted by: nytehex.3267

nytehex.3267

Okay folks, I’ve given you all enough of a break from me. Now, for the reality for Borliss Pass……THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A TRUCE WITH ANY OTHER SERVER!!!!! All that happened with that so-called pact is DR took the easy button and left BP with crap. BP poked the hornet’s nest and Mag came in and kicked our bums left and right. We DESERVE to lose if we keep placing ANY reliance on other servers to do our work for us. That isn’t how we got up in ranks, and that isn’t how we work. Period.

Compliments to DR for their response when Varlen and company were in your BL and we took hills and held for a little while. We got greedy and you took it all back. Good on ya.

It seems to me what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

Oozo.7856

For DR, it hasn’t. However, we’ve been winning. Things change when you aren’t ahead sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I don’t even want to know who attempted to form this truce, can’t believe somebody actually tried to establish such a thing… although it is funny to read about the betrayal.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: pigtaro.2749

pigtaro.2749

LoL>

-K

you don’t belong here.

To bunzy, Pls dun come to t4 thread n spout nonsense. Stay on this thread to troll, thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

LOL at the above, perfect.

waves to bunzy Hey transfer to Ehmry for a week, we’ve got plenty of people up here need killing.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte