1-4-13: Maguuma/Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Borelex.1928

Borelex.1928

Look on the bright side alot of noobs who have bin failing zergs nd defends have bin transfering to Maguuma nd BP goodluck with them u 2 lol

in WvW

Borelex.1928

Look on the bright side alot of noobs who have bin failing zergs nd defends have bin transfering to Maguuma nd BP goodluck with them u 2 lol

in WvW

Borelex.1928

in WvW

Borelex.1928

in WvW

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

Tell em we dont like their kind round these parts..

(edited by Invizible.2960)

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

@yorgy
ur not seein the bigger pic. Over 3 months PRO has been on DR. Over 3 months weve said zergs fail. Over 3 months weve said “hey, we need to upgrade and siege up before we move on”. Over 3 months weve said “need supply runners and folks to repair”. Know whats changed in over 3 months. Nuttin, same mapchats. PRO usd to be a guild great offensively and defensively. but as DR continues to zergfail vs tuffer opponents, PRO has had to do more and more of the grunt work. GASM n a few small guilds been trying. To the point DR expects us to do the “dirty” work. Its gotten old fast. Been tons of meetings with other guilds and commanders to improve teamwork, but so far, lotta talk not much action. Kudos to those trying tho. DR wasnt rdy for T5, and will drop to T6 on reset where they’ll maybe win again or continue to drop when the transfers start.

But hey, times change n people come n go. All good i guess. Props and much respect n kudos to those handful of DR’rs who are giving it their best. YOU r the reason DR ranked up, not the zergfails.

Oh, I see the big picture. I have been saying the same thing that you are, actually. You would know that if you actually read all the way through before you started formulating your response in your head.

If you read and actually absorb the text and consider it, you would have seen that I even said I agree with the point you are trying to get across. I can’t stand your marketing. I agree with building up and defense. Up until the last few weeks I would drop nameless props to your guild mates and I have even gone as far as to say That some of your guild mates are a pleasure to work with.

Now, It’s just the same broken crap with you. You’ve run out of fuel and all you have is 3 iterations of the same thing to say mixxed in with some old man outdated attitude. The horse is dead and now your attitude is turning people off.

If you can not see that, then I don’t think it’s me who doesn’t see the big picture, Thumper.

As Far as GASM, who doesn’t need to be brought into this at all, they rock. I have seen Ohh hop into map and talk to people. Heck, I’m a nobody and he and I have actually worked together from different ends of the map to work on different things. reporting numbers, what’s going on and checking to see of the other needed help. It was a pretty awesome interaction. There are lot’s of guilds out there with plenty of people. When you tell the whole map they suck, I can imagine that plenty of them decide you do too and that’s when you start losing people.

Lots of people are putting gold and time into the server, stop using it as an excuse to be a jerk. You’ll never get people to work together well if you yourself are unable to work with people. What I have seen is you only work well with anyone when it’s going your way. And once you start to lose your grip and people start slipping through your fingers you squeeze whats left in your hands out when you tantrum in map chat.

Whats pretty funny is I bet you have guild mates who agree with me. Lord knows there are plenty of others that do according to some of the personal messages I have received from other players. I’ll tell you what. the last thing I expected to see in my messages was fan mail scattered betwixt the forum warnings

if after 3 months of trying and you can’t get it right maybe the full problem isn’t with the server, eh? troops need to be led, and this isn’t the military, pops. You can’t demand people to listen, you need to make them want to. You can’t even see that.

Don’t talk to me about the big picture. All you are looking at is the area around you.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I doubt the mods even read this. I click on the pictures. That’s about it.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

wow so much forum drama. I will say this: any guild we run into that earns our respect, we will give credit to. The only guild that has earned my respect so far this match up is [WaR].

That’s [WäR] to you.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I am a bit sad that out of the last 800000000 pages, this is the most relevant post that needs response. Everything else is the thread getting bunzy’d.

You are right. Maguuma is winning. But remember that you went down a tier while DR went up one.

We went down a tier because the current T4 servers all got transfers to stay competitive and we didn’t really.

It was as clear as day on reset night that DR was still young and untested. We had mostly zerged our way to victory, there had been no real communication between commanders, and we simply weren’t on par with servers from higher tiers. We simply got swept away instantly.

Was? I don’t think so.

But it also became clear that DR can and will quickly adapt. Within a few hours we were no longer down to 50 potential points. The fact that we have been leading in potential points at certain times, and that we are still not very far behind in total points tell that story. A few days ago you captured our entire BL, and it took us most of the day to get it back. Yesterday you did the same and we secured it much quicker.

Err, if I’m not mistaken, we held west keep all day yesterday because I saw a waypoint when I woke up in the morning and it was there all night. When I woke up this morning we had a waypointed east keep. If that’s your definition of secure, then sure…

And I forgot to mention, most of the times this week where we’ve wiped a borderlands clean of waypoints we never left many to defend it, so if it took you a day to retake it, oops.

Yes, there will be times when we are down on our knees, with below 100 potential points, but at these times you can really tell that DR has a healthy amount of pride and organization. I remember yesterday we had about 15-20 people on DRBL. After losing all of our keeps and almost losing hope, we suddenly had a queue on DRBL instead.

There is nothing wrong with server pride but if you can’t recognize that you have a long way to go then your hubris will be your loss. The number of silly things I’ve seen you guys do is endless so unless all of your quick learning is taking place elsewhere, you haven’t grown at all. Examples include:

1. Walking a siege golem to a wall where you built two catapults, but where we already had an arrow cart to take care of them
1.a. Seeing our arrow cart, building a catapult away from the wall…which was still in arrow cart range
1.b. Walking the siege golem in front of a cannon and oil after the arrow cart chased said golem away
2. Trying to complete a breakout by breaking the walls down and letting Siegerazer solo the rest because you’re too afraid to come in yourselves (to be fair I think this worked once and you portal bombed once, but we took the tower back both times in 5 minutes with mesmers)
3. Trebbing a keep for an hour, except not hitting anything
4. Completely failing golem rushes on our east keep with multiple omegas, twice, while we were being pushed on both keeps (and if you think this is merely a numbers issue this just adds to your denial)

DR won’t win this week. We probably won’t win next week either. But we ARE going up in tiers, while Maguuma is going down. DR comes from the bottom but we have proven that we can and want to go higher. Whether or not we will time can only tell.

One point extrapolation is what you are doing: http://xkcd.com/605/

I have a healthy respect for certain DR small groups, but I don’t think they are utilized effectively by the rest of DR. I have a lot less respect for commanders that constantly complain about being 2v1’d.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Maguuma has been t4/t5 for over 50 matches. To assume we’ll keep dropping is…

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

The greatness that is DR will bring us down.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Maguuma is, in my opinion, the epitome of tier 4. We were blue t4 for how many matchups?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I am not so sure what we are anymore since the current T4 servers have more people and better coverage than us now. But I don’t think any of the T5 servers do.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

We went down a tier because the current T4 servers all got transfers to stay competitive and we didn’t really.

Yep. I pointed it out to say that you are coming from a much more competitive tier (4, compared to 6), and that we, because of that, have much to learn from you guys.

DR comes from the bottom but we have proven that we can and want to go higher. Whether or not we will time can only tell.

I believe this answers the rest of your post.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Perhaps I misunderstood the tone of your post then because of your implications that we will just keep falling, apologies if my reply was too rude. Also holy crap what is wrong with the forums loading

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

No worries

And yeah I think forums are being DDOS’d or something T.T

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

No worries

Now get of the forums and cap a camp with me

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

No worries

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Acotje.5689

No worries

in WvW

Acotje.5689

No worries

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Maguuma has been t4/t5 for over 50 matches. To assume we’ll keep dropping is…

Magumma’s weakness is the Asian zerg. Unless any T5 server got some in their pockets, they’re not going to be able to displace Magumma.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I’m pretty sure we’ve never lost to the unofficial Asian zerg server.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

You have also never played them after their transfers.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I thought SOS was the Asian zerg server. And we did lose to them.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Gorefiend.9675

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Sounds like Ehmry came here to acknowledge that transfers were the reason they beat us last match, so thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

What to say about this. I am sure it is cause we are teaming up.

Attachments:

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

What happened DR? Couple days ago you were competing for second. Maybe that was the problem.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Just so you guys know, even though you get an error when you post, it almost always goes through. I’ve yet to see one not. So please just hit your browser back button and refresh so we don’t all have to stare at triple posts.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Yeah what is going on with the poor Anet forums? I was hoping for a nice patch since the servers seem to be S-ing themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

Just so you guys know, even though you get an error when you post, it almost always go through. I’ve yet to see one not. So please just hit your browser back button and refresh so we don’t all have to stare at triple posts.

^ This, I got the error and did just that and look at my post just one and it is awesome.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

A Truce with Maguuma? Ask this guy and he will tell you no, pretty sure.

Don’t give up Devona’s Rest. You guys have a good WvW population and when you show up to fight it’s obvious.

Attachments:

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Just so you guys know, even though you get an error when you post, it almost always goes through. I’ve yet to see one not. So please just hit your browser back button and refresh so we don’t all have to stare at triple posts.

I’m a fan of this old school T5 rap we’ve got going on though. Kind of feels like we’re building up to an 80’s b-movie style gang rumble.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I thought those guys were all Aussies.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I thought those guys were all Aussies.

They probably had Aussuies but the bulk was Asians from what I recall.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Keep getting proxy errors. The refreshing of the page is causing the multiple posts.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Yes, but the post usually goes through which is why you hit the back button before hitting refresh.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Thanks for the keep, BP.

Rams for the ram god!

Attachments:

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: KwayZee.5742

KwayZee.5742

To me its fairly obvious there’s either a Truce or its just a case of picking on the new guy. You’re never in each others BLs… Never flipping each others stuff in EB. But blue always crawling up one side of the DR while green crawling up the other.

Green attacking Bay? Go check hills or Garrison water gate cuz blue will be attacking with them at the same time. Almost always happens.

KwayZeee -=[ 80 Asuran Thief ]=-
[PRO] Commander
DragonBrand

in WvW

Ninein.4782

I am not so sure what we are anymore since the current T4 servers have more people and better coverage than us now. But I don’t think any of the T5 servers do.

Looks like it’ll take 2 weeks or more to get bumped up to T4. I think we’re stronger when we have 2 strong opponents so I think we’ll get to prove ourselves when we get back up to T4. I have a feeling it’ll just be a merry go round between Yak, Ebay, and us going between T4 and T5.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

I’m at a complete loss this matchup. I don’t have to troll the forums to make some of the guys look like complete tools, they do it without prompting.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

To me its fairly obvious there’s either a Truce or its just a case of picking on the new guy. You’re never in each others BLs… Never flipping each others stuff in EB. But blue always crawling up one side of the DR while green crawling up the other.

Green attacking Bay? Go check hills or Garrison water gate cuz blue will be attacking with them at the same time. Almost always happens.

Pretty sure we flipped BP’s garrison and EK last night and it’s not the first time we’ve done something like that. I also saw us pushing on both sides in EBG at separate times last night. So really you are just playing the victim card. The funny part is that it was you two servers that announced some silly truce against Maguuma and it was supposedly you guys that broke it, so maybe you should blame yourselves instead.

The only thing I will admit is that we absolutely did focus on DR at the reset because we heard you were the bigger threat, but that turned out to not be the case even though you had some strong hours that first day. We don’t pick on the “new” guy, we love fighting new servers (and both of you are new to us anyway?), but we do pick on the weak guy. Spend less time complaining about 2v1 and more time thinking about how your server can make your next big step forward.

Looks like it’ll take 2 weeks or more to get bumped up to T4. I think we’re stronger when we have 2 strong opponents so I think we’ll get to prove ourselves when we get back up to T4. I have a feeling it’ll just be a merry go round between Yak, Ebay, and us going between T4 and T5.

Gonna go with “or more” since at this point, we don’t have enough of a point lead to even gain ranking points.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Hmmm [OG], what to say…

I tried to arrange a fair fight with Bunzy (respectable even number matchups), instead when others from Maguuma jump us, him and his buddies decide to jump in as well and claim victory (4 vs 5 + the 2 that jumped us). Ok that’s how it’s going to be… So, I bring more guys to the fight for a more even numbers matchup, [WäR] wins the fight. More [WäR] show up later to win more battles and now magically things are unfair.

While I will give credit that OG has some pretty strong players, if you’re going to troll others by fighting with unequal numbers, learn how to handle it when you lose.

Here is what happened, judge for yourself. They actually killed one of our members before the fight even started so it ended up 4 OG + 1 Random Mesmer vs 6 WaR (The mesmer went down early as we didn’t res him) One thing I can’t stand is people who lie, but it seems tier 5 love to do it.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

So, when you and Dred are ripping on people in map chat, throwing around insults, and screaming like lunatics , are you treating people how you want to be treated? If so, then the flaming and the hate is something you have worked for.

I see lots of excuses for the behavior that comes from your tag. Lot’s and Lot’s of excuses. Dred is the king of flippnig excuses when he lacks the perfection he likes to portray. So, what are you doing to fix how your guild is being viewed by the server? How are you trying to save a little face? It’s bothersome that we are stuck on a server together and your group cant get it together enough to show some respect to the other people on the same server. It makes it hard to understand how you can even try to pretend to care about the server when you talk to its populous like they are beneath you. Too Many Excuses.

From the rantings I have seen from You and Dred, I feel conflicted. I see the point and the argument but you suck at talking to people. Why do I want to even deal with you or him out there? Yep Zerging is a losing formula. If you are serious about staying and working on this server, getting away from zerging, you need to learn how to deal with people. you will never get the numbers you need talking how you talk.

Can you not imagine that while you are ranting that people are simply wishing you would shut up? Can you not imagine that if people are getting sick of you that they are prolly ignoring you? Can you not imagine that people will spite you if you kitten them off enough? I have seen this first hand. It disgusted me too, but I have literally seen people do the opposite of what you are trying to get them to do because they are sick of you. I’m not kidding. I couldn’t believe it. I think it was actually my breaking point.

1st.. Yorgy… Eyan has only been in Leadership at [PRO] for a few weeks… he was recognized & elevated because of his tireless efforts to bridge the distance and Help Repair the damage (yes [PRO] is aware of its Part in the Damage created) that was preventing all of Devona’s Rest Guilds from working together. Eyan formed an alliance of the Guilds willing to put past feelings aside and start New.

2nd. [PRO] has offered a Team speak w/ personal/private channels for Guilds that want to take part in this Effort.. (I should add that it was Drednyte that Fronted the Money to pay for the TeamSpeak) you may not like how or what Dred says… but you cant say he doesn’t want Devonas to be the best

3rd. Others in [PRO] have spoken to Dred about his Forum Posts and Map Chat Rants… (it seems Dred will be Dred) sigh

4th. Yorgy… you were Wrong about Eyan… he has posted twice in the Forums and you Quoted 1 of them… if you read Eyan’s post with all this info in mind you may get a different perspective. You owe Eyan an Apology & maybe you should consider putting aside the past Hated of [PRO] (however much its been earned or deserved you feel it may be) and giving what Eyan and the others in the Devona’s Alliance he helped Create a chance.. you may be pleasantly surprised at the number of ppl in [PRO] that you would Like to play w/…

justsay’n

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

Pretty sure we flipped BP’s garrison and EK last night and it’s not the first time we’ve done something like that. I also saw us pushing on both sides in EBG at separate times last night. So really you are just playing the victim card. The funny part is that it was you two servers that announced some silly truce against Maguuma and it was supposedly you guys that broke it, so maybe you should blame yourselves instead.

The only thing I will admit is that we absolutely did focus on DR at the reset because we heard you were the bigger threat, but that turned out to not be the case even though you had some strong hours that first day. We don’t pick on the “new” guy, we love fighting new servers (and both of you are new to us anyway?), but we do pick on the weak guy. Spend less time complaining about 2v1 and more time thinking about how your server can make your next big step forward.

Gonna go with “or more” since at this point, we don’t have enough of a point lead to even gain ranking points.

Geez the last time I was on this forum it was page 5! I didn’t read all the pages because it all looked like the same argument just being rehashed so I just picked the last page to respond on (lucky you)!

All of this fighting with ourselves in DR is not helping anyone but the other two servers. There are many of the commanders that are trying to work together and accomplish things and do it well. Of course we are like everyone else and have our share of people that well we would just not rather go with. Everyone needs to put their giant egos aside and just go out and fight the other servers and work together, which has proven to be effective.

Now for the comment about the 2v1, not everyone feels that way. Yes it can be frustrating at times; however, at least we have people to fight and finding new strategies of winning fighting them. It is 10 times more fun when you wipe the Mag zerg on one side of you and then the BP zerg on the other side. A lot of us in DR enjoy this. I know I speak for my guild and sister guild that we would much rather face this challenge rather than go back down to the other tiers where we purposely stayed out of WvW because we owned everything and had no one to fight.

So it may take us a week or two to get it together and get used to not being on top every week, but make no mistake we will figure it out. We did come from being the very last to the top until now, we will figure it out again.

Cheers and look forward to the battles!

Attachments:

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Bunzi cracks me up.
When a loss occurs its all “LIES! Screenshots from 5 different angles + fraps or it DIDN’T HAPPEN
admittedly the fight that we did record was deleted because it wasn’t considered a ‘good’ fight. We caught them with their pants down, out of position for multiple reasons:
1) D/D Ele rode the lightning into a pack of people, we hit stability prior to the landing and he got blown up
2) The rest of your group was a little ways away doing something
3) While they were doing whatever and the ele was dying our mesmer ran over and dropped a portal in the middle of the rest of the grp and were wiped out in about a minute.
4) You weren’t on any voice communications so warnings didn’t go out quick enough (probably the largest problem)

We caught them unawares, but still tore them up that time and another time after that.

Saying everyone else is making excuses about fighting a set up 5v5, but there seem to be a whole lot of losses in open field. Saying “You didn’t beat us because it wasn’t frapsed” or “You didn’t kill us because screen shots can be edited” or “You obviously didn’t beat us because you don’t wanna 5v5 us” (all excuses btw) doesn’t change the fact that you got outplayed tactically.

WvW is about situational awareness, monitoring enemy troop movements, harassing enemy reinforcement and resupply lines, and setting up kill zones in locations where you can effectively change the WvW fight. If you are roaming around aimlessly trying to ‘gank’ you’re just taking up server slots, I’m sure theres another 5 people in the queue that would love to hop in the zerg and surf.

So you jumped us when we were afk sounds like a great fight.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Etna.1634

Etna.1634

Saying everyone else is making excuses about fighting a set up 5v5, but there seem to be a whole lot of losses in open field. Saying “You didn’t beat us because it wasn’t frapsed” or “You didn’t kill us because screen shots can be edited” or “You obviously didn’t beat us because you don’t wanna 5v5 us” (all excuses btw) doesn’t change the fact that you got outplayed tactically.

WvW is about situational awareness, monitoring enemy troop movements, harassing enemy reinforcement and resupply lines, and setting up kill zones in locations where you can effectively change the WvW fight. If you are roaming around aimlessly trying to ‘gank’ you’re just taking up server slots, I’m sure theres another 5 people in the queue that would love to hop in the zerg and surf.

This.

No wonder AoN didn’t want to come to this Tier, its just full of people who make up excuses for everything.

Priceless.

- Etna H, D/D Elementalist
[BSty][LARP]

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Hmmm [OG], what to say…

I tried to arrange a fair fight with Bunzy (respectable even number matchups), instead when others from Maguuma jump us, him and his buddies decide to jump in as well and claim victory (4 vs 5 + the 2 that jumped us). Ok that’s how it’s going to be… So, I bring more guys to the fight for a more even numbers matchup, [WäR] wins the fight. More [WäR] show up later to win more battles and now magically things are unfair.

While I will give credit that OG has some pretty strong players, if you’re going to troll others by fighting with unequal numbers, learn how to handle it when you lose.

Here is what happened, judge for yourself. They actually killed one of our members before the fight even started so it ended up 4 OG + 1 Random Mesmer vs 6 WaR (The mesmer went down early as we didn’t res him) One thing I can’t stand is people who lie, but it seems tier 5 love to do it.

I’m more impressed with OG’s mad rezzing skills.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

Hmmm [OG], what to say…

The Truth has been found here today people. Now Bunzy can get back to solving the real crimes.

How goes your JFK investigation Detective?