1-4-13: Maguuma/Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

It is 10 times more fun when you wipe the Mag zerg on one side of you and then the BP zerg on the other side.

A DR zerg has wiped a Maguuma zerg? This is news to me. I’ve been on your borderlands since we decided to annex it.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I’m sure it’s happened, just not by that weird RED guild that goes about karma training on our borderlands with a zerg of uplevels that run away at the sight of 5 people and a ballista. Seriously, is this guild full of bots? I honestly can’t tell.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

I think many of us can related to being at a Family Reunion and realizing by accident you just sat next to that Crazy Uncle that thinks Glen Beck is right about everything and that Obama is going to “take away our guns” and euthanize grandma cause she costs Medicare to much… so you just Smile & Nod being polite while you finish your Potato Salad… and pretend your listening as you look for a Cute Relative that you hope is at least a 2nd cousin to ask to dance…

That’s how you should be to anyone Posting “Inflaming Nonsense” in this Forums… if you react to them you have giving them exactly what they want “Attention” & they have Won..

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

I think many of us can related to being at a Family Reunion and realizing by accident you just sat next to that Crazy Uncle that thinks Glen Beck is right about everything and that Obama is going to “take away our guns” and euthanize grandma cause she costs Medicare to much… so you just Smile & Nod being polite while you finish your Potato Salad… and pretend your listening as you look for a Cute Relative that you hope is at least a 2nd cousin to ask to dance…

That’s how you should be to anyone Posting “Inflaming Nonsense” in this Forums… if you react to them you have giving them exactly what they want “Attention” & they have Won..

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
Refridgerator

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

I’m sure it’s happened, just not by that weird RED guild that goes about karma training on our borderlands with a zerg of uplevels that run away at the sight of 5 people and a ballista. Seriously, is this guild full of bots? I honestly can’t tell.

RED isn’t a bad guild at all, they’re very big and with every large guild there’s going to be varying players. Please don’t generalize.

I Just wanted to come in and read the last few pages of the match up for old time’s sake. KWBH is pulling for our old server! Good luck out there devonas rest.

Sad to see another thread devolve into a trollfest again

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

To me its fairly obvious there’s either a Truce or its just a case of picking on the new guy. You’re never in each others BLs… Never flipping each others stuff in EB. But blue always crawling up one side of the DR while green crawling up the other.

Green attacking Bay? Go check hills or Garrison water gate cuz blue will be attacking with them at the same time. Almost always happens.

No, there is no truce with BP, when I spend my time in EB, we flip what we need to in order to keep the pressure off of SM which includes Q and D. When you can get the enemy to spend an hour trying to take Durious 40vs10 while a wall is down, you really don’t need directly defend the SM.

To be honest, it was made very clear to us on Friday and Saturday that DR was actively mocking our Great Lord Flame Ram; his vengeance is limitless.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

RED isn’t a bad guild at all, they’re very big and with every large guild there’s going to be varying players. Please don’t generalize.

I Just wanted to come in and read the last few pages of the match up for old time’s sake. KWBH is pulling for our old server! Good luck out there devonas rest.

Sorry I don’t mean to call them bad, I am legitimately wondering what they are doing zerging our BL with a bunch of uplevels. Are they already bored of this match and seriously just karma training? I mean I even see them do the centaur karma events. Nobody does those.

Edit:

To be honest, it was made very clear to us on Friday and Saturday that DR was actively mocking our Great Lord Flame Ram; his vengeance is limitless.

I think it was DR trying to attack ramboat on Friday too

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

To me its fairly obvious there’s either a Truce or its just a case of picking on the new guy. You’re never in each others BLs… Never flipping each others stuff in EB. But blue always crawling up one side of the DR while green crawling up the other.

Green attacking Bay? Go check hills or Garrison water gate cuz blue will be attacking with them at the same time. Almost always happens.

No truce. Devona’s Rest has the smallest population and narrowest coverage in this bracket, so it is the easiest one to get swallowed up. Its sad that this is what WvW is about but there it is.

Other servers we have played like to make excuses like its skill and organisation that leads to victory. They only lose because of rampant exploiting or whatever, or at least its the only thing they talk about when they are losing. Whatever.

The lame truth is that skill and organisation only matters when numbers and coverage are very closely matched or there is a very specific server dynamic where the deficiencies of each server cancel each other out.

I’ve never seen exploiting and hacking to an extent where it had any meaningful impact on the outcome of the match. However, we have played matches where huge amounts of players dogpiled onto one server and made it literally impossible for anyone else to win.

If you hadn’t realized already, WvW has an extremely dysfunctional and unsustainable meta. It is not worth making rank in a game where there is no level playing field.

Whats the best that a consistent winner in tier 5 can look forward to? They move up to tier 4 and get dominated by servers with bigger population and more coverage. The winner of that tier can look forward to getting smashed by Isle of Janthir or Tarnished Coast – whoever is destined to rule tier 3 and get murdered in tier 2. Whoever rules tier 2 (currently Blackgate) can look forward to playing Jade Quarry and Sea of Sorrows. Time will tell whether they get smashed or not, but its a pattern that repeats itself over and over, yet still more people want to play this game as if rank even matters.

Most of us on Mags just want good fair games where we can be really creative and our opponents can be really creative.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I hear Great Lord Flame Ram costs 40 supplies to build.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Sorry I don’t mean to call them bad, I am legitimately wondering what they are doing zerging our BL with a bunch of uplevels. Are they already bored of this match and seriously just karma training? I mean I even see them do the centaur karma events. Nobody does those.

A large number of them have been karma training since we were in T8.

Check around 6:09 in this movie. The large zerg of green dots moving to take the supply camp and then the harpy before moving north is one of our wonderful karma train groups.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

DR and BP and currently double teaming us on our BL! Alliance! Conspiracy!

Attachments:

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I hear Great Lord Flame Ram costs 40 supplies to build.

One does not simply “build” Great Lord Flame Ram.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

I remember those AD guys now they have really loud keyboards its really annoying.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Hmmm [OG], what to say…

I tried to arrange a fair fight with Bunzy (respectable even number matchups), instead when others from Maguuma jump us, him and his buddies decide to jump in as well and claim victory (4 vs 5 + the 2 that jumped us). Ok that’s how it’s going to be… So, I bring more guys to the fight for a more even numbers matchup, [WäR] wins the fight. More [WäR] show up later to win more battles and now magically things are unfair.

While I will give credit that OG has some pretty strong players, if you’re going to troll others by fighting with unequal numbers, learn how to handle it when you lose.

Here is what happened, judge for yourself. They actually killed one of our members before the fight even started so it ended up 4 OG + 1 Random Mesmer vs 6 WaR (The mesmer went down early as we didn’t res him) One thing I can’t stand is people who lie, but it seems tier 5 love to do it.

I counted 5 War, and you picked up four loot bags.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Check around 6:09 in this movie. The large zerg of green dots moving to take the supply camp and then the harpy before moving north is one of our wonderful karma train groups.

I keep trying to watch the dots but I inevitable end up watching the fighting instead, blah. That’s pretty funny, though. I’ve never seen a guild so dedicated to karma training. I wonder what they do with all that karma.

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Wait wait wait. Is this the same DR that was too good for T8? Too good for all the other servers that they zerged to death up to this tier? The same DR that are “too sexy for their shirt”?

I haven’t been on Maguuma long, but I’ve never seen a “truce” from anyone on this server. They play, and they win or lose for the fun of it. Why can’t you guys that are having a problem with this match from DR just come to the conclusion that you aren’t the GODS you thought you were and that you’ve gone up about as far as you will with your current population and tactical education. Because obviously one guild isn’t the reason you all have won every week with their constant rants of how bad DR really is behind your backs. And, if that one guild was the reason you did win, are they prepared to accept that they could be the reason you are now stuck where you are? Not a troll but a face of reality that if you’re going to accept the title of being the sole reason a server is winning, then you’ll take the responsibility of being the reason the server is losing.

There’s nothing wrong with how far DR got…they did well (even though they didn’t have much to fight against in the tiers below this one, much like Kaineng is seeing now). But now it’s time for the reality check in the situation and just deal with it. YES DR is going to lose this week, but you’re 3 tiers higher than you were 3 weeks ago, so is it really a true “loss”? Why DR puts up with the antics of one said guild is beyond me….they never did before said guild arrived.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I keep trying to watch the dots but I inevitable end up watching the fighting instead, blah. That’s pretty funny, though. I’ve never seen a guild so dedicated to karma training. I wonder what they do with all that karma.

I bet they got some people working on their legendaries.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

While on uplevels? Your Guide to a Legendary: The Scenic Route.

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

if you stand back and take a look at the predicted server points come reset. Then although Mag are going to win this battle – BP and DR are taking a bite out of their server rating. Ultimatley meaning that Mag is being locked into this tier.
The only likely change to happen shortly is the arrival of Kain who may upset the apple cart and cause 1 of these 4 servers to bounce between tier 6 and 5.
Strategically MAG is loosing ground, BP and DR are gaining

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Hmmm [OG], what to say…

I tried to arrange a fair fight with Bunzy (respectable even number matchups), instead when others from Maguuma jump us, him and his buddies decide to jump in as well and claim victory (4 vs 5 + the 2 that jumped us). Ok that’s how it’s going to be… So, I bring more guys to the fight for a more even numbers matchup, [WäR] wins the fight. More [WäR] show up later to win more battles and now magically things are unfair.

While I will give credit that OG has some pretty strong players, if you’re going to troll others by fighting with unequal numbers, learn how to handle it when you lose.

Here is what happened, judge for yourself. They actually killed one of our members before the fight even started so it ended up 4 OG + 1 Random Mesmer vs 6 WaR (The mesmer went down early as we didn’t res him) One thing I can’t stand is people who lie, but it seems tier 5 love to do it.

That was a really nice fight on both sides, IMO.

You had two thieves engage them early while they were fighting other people at the start while the rest of you waited at the guard. Keep in mind that WaR was probably starting with some cooldowns not available since they were just fighting.

One of those thieves got downed and stomped. He got in a fight on the way back (looks like he won – he’s the blue dot north of you that comes back via the ruins). It looks like he got back to you before the fight was over but got downed and stomped again (that part is hard to determine since you were downed and the minimap isn’t available).

You had two friendly adds that helped (mesmer early, necro late and when I say “help” it’s actually often the case that PuGs can hurt you in a fight like this even if they give you a numbers advantage). No clue if WaR had outside help.

Getting a fight where the numbers are even with no outside influence doesn’t happen very much in roaming WvW. That doesn’t mean you can’t find good fights like the one you had with WaR in this clip.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

saiyr.3071

if you stand back and take a look at the predicted server points come reset. Then although Mag are going to win this battle – BP and DR are taking a bite out of their server rating. Ultimatley meaning that Mag is being locked into this tier.
The only likely change to happen shortly is the arrival of Kain who may upset the apple cart and cause 1 of these 4 servers to bounce between tier 6 and 5.

Yep, even without Kaineng I think we (Maguuma) would be locked into this tier for several weeks. So let’s be friends and not bitter rivals so that it’s not as torturous as T4, hmm? I don’t know how big Kaineng has grown but they might somehow just steamroll us all and then we’ll really be stuck in T5.

in WvW

Posted by: KwayZee.5742

KwayZee.5742

Wait wait wait. Is this the same DR that was too good for T8? Too good for all the other servers that they zerged to death up to this tier? The same DR that are “too sexy for their shirt”?

I haven’t been on Maguuma long, but I’ve never seen a “truce” from anyone on this server. They play, and they win or lose for the fun of it. Why can’t you guys that are having a problem with this match from DR just come to the conclusion that you aren’t the GODS you thought you were and that you’ve gone up about as far as you will with your current population and tactical education. Because obviously one guild isn’t the reason you all have won every week with their constant rants of how bad DR really is behind your backs. And, if that one guild was the reason you did win, are they prepared to accept that they could be the reason you are now stuck where you are? Not a troll but a face of reality that if you’re going to accept the title of being the sole reason a server is winning, then you’ll take the responsibility of being the reason the server is losing.

There’s nothing wrong with how far DR got…they did well (even though they didn’t have much to fight against in the tiers below this one, much like Kaineng is seeing now). But now it’s time for the reality check in the situation and just deal with it. YES DR is going to lose this week, but you’re 3 tiers higher than you were 3 weeks ago, so is it really a true “loss”? Why DR puts up with the antics of one said guild is beyond me….they never did before said guild arrived.

Look im not going to sit here and argue with you. You clearly have some sort of biased hatred toward certain guilds fot reasons unknown except by you. Ive stated numerous times and so have others that this guild is not what it used to be. Lower pop more tightknit. Leadership changed and everything. Yet you still spew this kitten out of your mouth towards us to the point of harrassment. You havent been on this server in months to see how far it has come in terms of where you left it for a fair weather xfer.

I have also stated that this server would not be where it is now without all of the guilds involved alliance or not. This isnt nor has it ever been a one horse rodeo. Those on the server know that. That kitten is stuck in your head fot some reason.

KwayZeee -=[ 80 Asuran Thief ]=-
[PRO] Commander
DragonBrand

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Wonder which server moved over to Kaineng. We might see an upper tier server dropping down.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

fair weather xfer

If you are talking about Maguuma, I highly recommend looking at our win-loss record before calling any transfer to our server “fair weather”.

Wonder which server moved over to Kaineng. We might see an upper tier server dropping down.

War Machine.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

So since Bunzy has no idea how to watch his own video, here’s the “truth”.

At the start of the video you’ll JUST TWO WäR guys finally find OG after talking for 10 minutes trying to get an organized fight going.

At 0:05 you’ll see on the mini map that we get jumped by 2 guys from Maguuma.
At 0:10 you’ll count 5 OG players
At 0:20 you’ll see 2 OG players join the fight
At 0:30 you’ll see the 2 WäR guys retreat and ask for help from any nearby guildies.
At 1:40 you’ll see what looks like 5 WäR guys, but one is a mesmer clone. Verified at 1:47 when a clone is destroyed.

Anyways at the end my guys lose, and I said that we did lose this fight. At the end it was 5 vs 7 (8 if you include the random necro who shows up near the end)

We had a rematch later with the conditions reversed (we slightly outnumbered OG as they did in the first fight) and WäR won.

Bunzy then said he was going to bring 5 more guys to crush us, so I brought a few more and won again.

So again, your only victory was the first battle in which we were jumped and had to call nearby guildies who didn’t want to duel into this fight. But again congrats, you guys do have some strong players.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Pinko.2076

There’s no losing ground with Maguuma. We’ve been t4/t5 forever. Seriously, I think we have the record for the most stable server in the game since launch. We don’t care about moving up, and neither should anyone else. We like to improve, but you’ll learn that improving is not always tied to moving up in rating. WvW is a giant coverage check.

Kaineng is 100% dependant on transfers from what I’ve seen. WM is great and can build a solid base each night, but Kaineng’s daytime is abysmal. They like to brag that they’re just like DR, so it won’t be an issue. They’re right, they’re like DR, but it is an issue. They had zero communication, zero strategy, very few commanders, and most commanders just ran towards the next visible enemy object. It was really sloppy stuff. Maybe WM International can turn their daytime crew around.

What’s more likely is that they’ll pick up a lot of transfers because people love transferring to servers with a solid night presence.

in WvW

exits.8075

No, after a second week of this kind of action, Mag will be reinvigorated and DR and BP will lose interest in WvW enough for us to gain a larger point spread next week. This same thing happened to us two weeks ago when we came in first in our tier and still lost a spot in the rankings. After that, we lost a couple small guilds and people were just demotivated. I’ve already seen more players returning to WvW, especially in EB where our numbers in the previous weeks were dismal.

Yak’s Bend is on a downward trend as of recent. The combination of DB’s brutal night capping and Ebay’s strong NA presence are too much for them. As we saw in the week we won, Yak’s Bend doesn’t know how to handle having to upgrade and defend what’s been night-capped nor do they put up the effort to do so. The problem with Kain is that they are all members who rerolled to win, and at the first real challenge, will abandon ship again (maybe to Eredon Terrace). There is a big difference between a little burnout and jumping ship.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

fair weather xfer

If you are talking about Maguuma, I highly recommend looking at our win-loss record before calling any transfer to our server “fair weather”.

War Machine.

War Machine moved from SBI so looks like SBI is going to be taking a nose dive. Will be interesting to see if War Machine’s night capping is as bad as DragonBrand.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Pinko.2076

War Machine moved from SBI so looks like SBI is going to be taking a nose dive. Will be interesting to see if War Machine’s night capping is as bad as DragonBrand.

War Machine will be educational night capping, which is better than any night capping we’ve had previously.

in WvW

exits.8075

War Machine will be educational night capping, which is better than any night capping we’ve had previously.

Crystal Desert were the best night cappers. Hours and hours of badge farming as they literally just threw numbers at everything. I can remember one 4 hour session defending our garrison against a CD team that had a queue at 3am PST.

One of the people manning the inner SW cannon called out in /team “I got knocked off the cannon and can’t get back on it. I need someone to take over”

“Why? Is it glitched?”

“No, there are too many bags around me to get back on it.”

in WvW

Posted by: ViperWire.4261

ViperWire.4261

Next time I DEMAND 100% Eternal!

Attachments:

Invalid Password [EVOH] – Maguuma

in WvW

Besetment.9187

When I was on SBI, War Machine really wasn’t that big. The most War Machine players I ever saw together at any one time was maybe 10? The recruiter for War Machine International was pretty much never online (and I waited a whole week). I’ve seen that account online since WM left for Kaineng but definitely their international recruiting stalled for a bit. Or maybe they just didn’t like my resume. :|

Their commanders like Jang Gun and Amaranth of War are a bit like Invalid Password though. Pubbies go bananas when they join the field. Everyone gets pumped up and you feel invincible (even when you are not). They can raise an army really fast and keep it together for a long time.

Communication in /team chat was pretty tight on SBI so everyone just knew where to go, who they were following and what they were supposed to be doing. In tier 1 reset nights its all keep/tower warfare with large armies siege deadlocked in their own quadrants. The resets I played in were literally 6+ straight hours pushing back and forth over a supply camp because if you lose that one supply camp, you slowly start to lose the siege deadlock. I saw Amaranth try to split several times and it was an ordeal but thats just like Invalid trying split plays in Eternal. Everyone just wants to follow Invalid, not defend Pangloss. :|

They are iconic for sure. If any of you played Guild Wars 1 you know the reputation War Machine had. There was only like 8 of them but they were amongst the best players in that game and the most creative at the game’s peak. In a weird sort of way, running with 8x [WM] tags in Guild Wars 2 gives you a bit of that “wow, I’m playing with War Machine!” buzz, even though its not the same guys. They do have x factor.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Our old nemesis from DH [RE] also transferred over to Kaineng. We will probably see them again in a few weeks.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Ninein.4782

When I was on SBI, War Machine really wasn’t that big. The most War Machine players I ever saw together at any one time was maybe 10? The recruiter for War Machine International was pretty much never online (and I waited a whole week). I’ve seen that account online since WM left for Kaineng but definitely their international recruiting stalled for a bit. Or maybe they just didn’t like my resume. :|

Their commanders like Jang Gun and Amaranth of War are a bit like Invalid Password though. Pubbies go bananas when they join the field and they just get pumped up and feel invincible. They can raise an army really fast and keep it together for a long time.

Communication in /team chat was pretty tight on SBI so everyone just knew where to go, who they were following and what they were supposed to be doing. In tier 1 reset nights its all keep/tower warfare with large armies siege deadlocked in their own quadrants. The resets I played in were literally 6+ straight hours pushing back and forth over a supply camp because if you lose that one supply camp, you slowly start to lose the siege deadlock. I saw Amaranth try to split several times and it was an ordeal but thats just like Invalid trying split plays in Eternal. Everyone just wants to follow Invalid, not defend Pangloss. :|

They are iconic for sure. If any of you played Guild Wars 1 you know the reputation War Machine had. There was only like 8 of them but they were amongst the best players in that game and the most creative at the game’s peak. In a weird sort of way, running wiht 8x [WM] tags in Guild Wars 2 gives you a bit of that “wow, I’m playing with War Machine!” buzz, even though its not the same guys. They do have x factor.

Apparently WM grew to 100 members from what I read.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Dear KwayZee,

But yet it is members of your guild that crap all over DR when DR isn’t winning and make it quite vocal and public, then do a form of damage control after the fact. Yet you remain on DR and continue to live in the fantasy world that is what you’ve made it to be.

If I hadn’t been on DR for months, that’d mean I wouldn’t have started on DR. I’ve not been on DR since about 8 matches ago. Your expression of time is far fetched and way off. Plus like I said, who’s calling the kettle black again….PRO leaves upper tiers and moves to a “fair weather” server themselves, if DR could be considered even “fair weather” back then. Technically they were the bottom of the barrel as far as WvW goes, so what does that say about PRO.

Again, since it can’t possibly seem to sink in. I left DR when it was in a 2nd week win (maybe even 3rd week, can’t remember) (not when it was losing), so I can’t see how you can possibly compare the two instances of myself leaving and coming to Maguuma, with one stop over inbetween.

Anyways, hardly a troll or “harassment” as you state. At least I’m not bashing DR into submission and taking it.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

So since Bunzy has no idea how to watch his own video, here’s the “truth”.

At the start of the video you’ll JUST TWO WäR guys finally find OG after talking for 10 minutes trying to get an organized fight going.

At 0:05 you’ll see on the mini map that we get jumped by 2 guys from Maguuma.
At 0:10 you’ll count 5 OG players
At 0:20 you’ll see 2 OG players join the fight
At 0:30 you’ll see the 2 WäR guys retreat and ask for help from any nearby guildies.
At 1:40 you’ll see what looks like 5 WäR guys, but one is a mesmer clone. Verified at 1:47 when a clone is destroyed.

Anyways at the end my guys lose, and I said that we did lose this fight. At the end it was 5 vs 7 (8 if you include the random necro who shows up near the end)

We had a rematch later with the conditions reversed (we slightly outnumbered OG as they did in the first fight) and WäR won.

Bunzy then said he was going to bring 5 more guys to crush us, so I brought a few more and won again.

So again, your only victory was the first battle in which we were jumped and had to call nearby guildies who didn’t want to duel into this fight. But again congrats, you guys do have some strong players.

Hopefully next time I’m there on my ranger. Also I’m x FIST used team up with Razzer Fel. Sucks he left for CoD.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Apparently WM grew to 100 members from what I read.

Hrmm, I can’t see it personally. PRX numbers were also grossly exaggerated when I was in tier 1. The most PRX players I ever saw in one borderland was 30 to 40 and they weren’t in like every borderland at once like some people would have you believe. But thats another guild with x factor so its sometimes easy to get the myth and the fact mixed up.

Pinko is on Kaineng though so maybe he can confirm. I think the days of Ruin like numbers are long gone.

Remember when we were maxing mumble slots at 200 players and had to kick idle players? Now we are doing well if we have 90 on at reset. I think the whole game has scaled down dramatically since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

No truce. Devona’s Rest has the smallest population and narrowest coverage in this bracket, so it is the easiest one to get swallowed up. Its sad that this is what WvW is about but there it is.

Other servers we have played like to make excuses like its skill and organisation that leads to victory. They only lose because of rampant exploiting or whatever, or at least its the only thing they talk about when they are losing. Whatever.

The lame truth is that skill and organisation only matters when numbers and coverage are very closely matched or there is a very specific server dynamic where the deficiencies of each server cancel each other out.

I’ve never seen exploiting and hacking to an extent where it had any meaningful impact on the outcome of the match. However, we have played matches where huge amounts of players dogpiled onto one server and made it literally impossible for anyone else to win.

If you hadn’t realized already, WvW has an extremely dysfunctional and unsustainable meta. It is not worth making rank in a game where there is no level playing field.

Whats the best that a consistent winner in tier 5 can look forward to? They move up to tier 4 and get dominated by servers with bigger population and more coverage. The winner of that tier can look forward to getting smashed by Isle of Janthir or Tarnished Coast – whoever is destined to rule tier 3 and get murdered in tier 2. Whoever rules tier 2 (currently Blackgate) can look forward to playing Jade Quarry and Sea of Sorrows. Time will tell whether they get smashed or not, but its a pattern that repeats itself over and over, yet still more people want to play this game as if rank even matters.

Most of us on Mags just want good fair games where we can be really creative and our opponents can be really creative.

I liked this post… =)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

A Truce with Maguuma? Ask this guy and he will tell you no, pretty sure.

Don’t give up Devona’s Rest. You guys have a good WvW population and when you show up to fight it’s obvious.

This is not proof..that guy almost had the wall down with is ram!

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I’m not a member of PRO, and I do think that a couple of their most vocal members are jerks, but I think you’re pretty far off base characterizing that entire guild based upon those vocal few. My experience with PRO, both in game and here in these forums, is as varied as it is with any other guild … including my own.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

That was a very well done post in virtually every respect. Makes me hope we stay in the same tier with you guys for a while …

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You can stay in the same tier as him forever by transferring to Maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadlysage.5873

Deadlysage.5873

Hmmm [OG], what to say…

I counted 5 War, and you picked up four loot bags.

Yea, it was only 5 of us there during that long battle but, at the beginning of the video we’re actually trying to organize a 5v5 with the [OG] guild. As you all can see Lu Bu and I got jumped lol. That was a epic battle although we wasn’t fighting with the 5 guys we was gonna use in the 5v5 we were trying to set up. They showed up later to bring down the hammer lol. I really wish you guys would have had more class than jumping Lu Bu and I in the beginning like that.

BTW you guys did have help during that fight by random pugs who I killed myself to make it back even. You did kill me at the end of that fight and I give you congrats on that win, but you do realize it took all 4 of you to do it. So, I wish we would have had a chance to fight you in a even organized battle with our better players.

The best battles we have had so far has been with [OG] and I look forward to more. Wish I could have recorded some of the battles I’ve had against you and your guildies.
Good luck the next time we meet

Jump Puzzle ganking :P

Attachments:

Beautykills – Legendary Thief – Guild Leader
[SWäG] Still Winning and Grinning
Maguuma

(edited by Deadlysage.5873)

in WvW

Besetment.9187

Oh my god your Guild Wars 2 looks like a Sega Saturn game. :O

in WvW

Posted by: Junkhaus.4301

Junkhaus.4301

PRO doesn’t deserve any of the blame in this week’s loss. They’ve earned my respect and the respect of my guild long before this match up. You’ve left for so long, you don’t know us. Stop talking crap about us. You’ve left to AR months ago and said you had a “surprise” for DR, which I was interested in seeing, but that surprise turned out to be a transfer to Maguma. Good strategy IMO, it sure beat DR real good. I don’t blame you for leaving, it’s the people you enjoy playing with that matters.

When my guild makes mistakes on wvw, we don’t get our feelings hurt because someone called us out on it. We try to get better, we should know what we are doing wrong and work better with other guilds. I’ve enjoyed playing with PRO since they first arrived on DR. My guild has learned a lot about wvw over the 3 months fighting along side PRO and Gasm, Rave, Gank, AD, AoD etc. I can’t imagine DR without these guys.

Lacedæmon, Ädrasteia -Warriors
[OBEY]
Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Deadlysage.5873

Deadlysage.5873

Oh my god your Guild Wars 2 looks like a Sega Saturn game. :O

Yea I don’t have the greatest computer, I wonder how much better I would be if I did lol.

Beautykills – Legendary Thief – Guild Leader
[SWäG] Still Winning and Grinning
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: luckyninja.3405

luckyninja.3405

so PRO is leaveing DR then i thought they said it was a joke….

Giffany [EOH]
Equal Opportunity Haters – Maguuma Chapter

in WvW

Posted by: KwayZee.5742

KwayZee.5742

Dear KwayZee,

But yet it is members of your guild that crap all over DR when DR isn’t winning and make it quite vocal and public, then do a form of damage control after the fact. Yet you remain. n DR and continue to live in the fantasy world that is what you’ve made it to be.

If I hadn’t been on DR for months, that’d mean I wouldn’t have started on DR. I’ve not been on DR since about 8 matches ago. Your expression of time is far fetched and way off. Plus like I said, who’s calling the kettle black again….PRO leaves upper tiers and moves to a “fair weather” server themselves, if DR could be considered even “fair weather” back then. Technically they were the bottom of the barrel as far as WvW goes, so what does that say about PRO.

Again, since it can’t possibly seem to sink in. I left DR when it was in a 2nd week win (maybe even 3rd week, can’t remember) (not when it was losing), so I can’t see how you can possibly compare the two instances of myself leaving and coming to Maguuma, with one stop over inbetween.

Anyways, hardly a troll or “harassment” as you state. At least I’m not bashing DR into submission and taking it.

Its not.my place to discuss what happens in the guild, but the actions of our guild as a whole should outweigh the short ramblings of a few. And just to clarify 8 matches at 1 week per match is 2 months. Its been months… Your perception of us comes from the week or so overlap we ran into each other on DR. Our guild leader then was pretty vocal but he has left months ago.. his replacements one you know of and you dont. The one you know of is the ramblings i am talking about. He speaks for himself not for our entire guild. Just because he says he does on a forum does not make it true. We in PRO know where we stand amongst the guilds of the server and most are in our TS and cooperate with each other on a daily basis. So try and drop the perception of the 1 week you knew us and go by the model of Eyanthina and Darwin.

KwayZeee -=[ 80 Asuran Thief ]=-
[PRO] Commander
DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

Well since it looks like DR is imploding, BP needs some night coverage we will welcome you with open arms and pie.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

1st.. Yorgy… Eyan has only been in Leadership at [PRO] for a few weeks… he was recognized & elevated because of his tireless efforts to bridge the distance and Help Repair the damage (yes [PRO] is aware of its Part in the Damage created)

2nd. [PRO] has offered a Team speak

3rd. Others in [PRO] have spoken to Dred about his Forum Posts and Map Chat Rants… (it seems Dred will be Dred) sigh

4th. Yorgy… you were Wrong about Eyan… he has posted twice in the Forums and you Quoted 1 of them… if you read Eyan’s post with all this info in mind you may get a different perspective. You owe Eyan an Apology & maybe you should consider putting aside the past Hated of [PRO] (however much its been earned or deserved you feel it may be) and giving what Eyan and the others in the Devona’s Alliance he helped Create a chance.. you may be pleasantly surprised at the number of ppl in [PRO] that you would Like to play w/…

justsay’n

Dwin,

Up until just a few weeks ago, I was a pretty big supporter of your guild. In fact, I may be the first person on the server to have posted a pro.. PRO . Post. Check my history. I have always appreciated the fact I would bump into a few hard working Pro peeps at our south end. I’ve run countless supply with your mates and am willing to bet have repaired more abandoned, broken doors and walls with Pro members than with any other guild. I feel pretty confident with our ascent I’ll be seeing more of them. I’m a defender like many of you.

Hatred towards Pro would be nonsense. But you have to understand that currently your representation is the equivalent of a couples therapist having a beautiful oil painting of a badly battered woman on the wall behind her. Your current spokes person is turning people away, and I know I saw Eyan behaving in close to the same fashion out there within the last 7 days. Maybe he slipped, maybe he had a .. who knows what.. Maybe that’s what I saw. But it doesn’t change the fact that lots of people have been seeing lots of that from your tag. It’s been what 10 weeks? and you still have little numbskulls running at the mouth … you know the normal Pro self praise, I don’t need to type it out.

Please understand, man. I want to see us do well. But people are literally, Literally ignoring some of your people now. Spiting them. I’m trying to, believe it or not, explain some of the stuff YOUR people are demanding like jackholes and people are like, “F-them lets go attack this to kitten them off.” I’m not kidding.

An apology to Eyan? That I don’t know about. I’ll take him off ignore and start there. But if there is anyone that should be apologizing to anyone I think you know who it should be and Where he should do it. I’m not trying to troll you or the guild, but Whats going on right now, out there, isn’t going to fly. You have a personality causing rifts all over the place, and I get a distinct feeling he sets out looking for the confrontations. I have no qualms with you and many others of your team, but someone needs to shut a few mouths, teach some manners, clean some house, something, cause you don’t want a tarnished name, unless you feel like having to move at some other point.

..Kinda like the dog vomit guild.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.