10/19 Sanctum of Rall vs Crystal Desert vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

So SoS has an unending oceanic base? So many there people they seem endless. SoS TYsm and PRX guilds portal cliping getting annoying. We stoped them quite a few times but its really hard when there all invisible. Please fix this anet, although I understand the difficulties in fixing it. SoRs oceanic ques are clear main time is full, Some pro oceanic guilds would be nice.

I saw right before we lost SoS bg orb in bay: a bg with a que where there were four commanders none id seen before none had a clue how to play wvw, clogging up the bg. Nont a nub standing next to another nub with the same guild name! Weak bandwagon nubs please transfer off my server! youl have easy fights if you transfer to a low tier!
On top of that who is the hater server that sent all the krait farming bots I saw 15 at once in SoR bg…I never saw any in the other bgs this week. Some sore losers from the from lower tier wins?

The bottom line? when transfers stop and anet takes out the trash, we will see real rankings.

SoR guild up! im seeing loads of us and so many little guilds which is ok but get with a wvw guild. Because! this is what the other teams guild TS sounds like this: Oh look at this guildless noob!….dead* oh look at this other random.! Then they like oh rats EPIC! they ether attack us with 2x the numbers or run then port clip invis attack.

Come on SoR united ftw! My dream is in the end to have four super guilds one to control each bg, We can do this we are getting better SoR! ether way contending in tier 3 has been very interesting.

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Kanji Maki.1695)

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Great fights. The only complaint I have is that the culling/rendering bug can be leveraged (kinder word than exploited) to advantage certain tactics. very frustrating to have 50+ enemies suddenly on you with certain guilds always the ones appearing out of no where. Not their fault. Anet should fix the bug.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Phidaissi.5160

Phidaissi.5160

Thieves can stay in stealth for quite a while and prevent capping.
I know I’ve done it a few times when the force there was too large to take on my own, so I’ve tried to dispute the point as long as I can and hope reinforcement arrives in time.

If you don’t see your capture bar rising you need to throw AoE’s around and kill anyone in stealth.

Phireya – Stealthy SoViet Goddess
Swords of Villanousity [SoV] :: Sea of Sorrows
www.villanousity.com

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

And yeah, the restart and patch really hurt us. Takes us longer to download, and we lost our forward footing.

Also, SoR have somehow got another huge surge of transfers, from God knows where. Maybe those bored kittens from tier 2 came back to ruin the match again.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

I think anet made an anti bot program I saw no bots, that or all the bot owners aint on yet to rebot.

Bottom line is we are owning everything now…Avatara im 26 man after seeing how yaks played hack wise and sos walking though gates and poping orbs…though the orb might have been cd. After all that I just duno how far you hackers can go, when only your bg not working when we taking your orb it makes we wonder.

Reset ended the strangle hold of port attacks and bots, SoR is alive again

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.8312

Victory.8312

You all need to learn the difference between quaggans breaking an alter and hacking… I saw 1 hack and it was cd AND we offered to give it back. The quaggans if controlled by the enemy long enough will break an alter and the orb drops on the ground. Saw it happen 3 times this past weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

SoS 122,523 +80
SoR 117,137 +575
CD 63,892 +40

That update really kicked us in SoS in the teeth. SoR will catch us very soon and very likely surpass, will be interesting to see if we can catch them again. Looking forward to it… assuming we can pull any of our server away from pumpkin hunting and back into WvW

Kick kitten fight so far gentlemen

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlyRush.1620

DeadlyRush.1620

Seriously? Why blame the whole server of hack? Nobody here supports any hacks that happen. Just be supportive to each other and enjoy the game instead of throwing accusations around.

I am enjoying every moment fighting in WvW with other servers. Good fight to SoR and CD. Have a nice week.

Deadlyshield[AFS] Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Alien.1845

Alien.1845

That’s the spirit. Lets put aside the 5% of displeasure customers, we still have 95% that are satisfied with the matchup despite of whatever hacking, botting, etc that is going on because the game will only getting better and better. Anet is giving their best to fix every possible weakness of the game and we need to give them some time

Skyinthesea | Team Shatter
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

I have to give the SoS kittens their due: they were executing one heck of an assault on Stonemist Castle, in the Eternal Battleground map. They were wearing down the southeast wall with siege equipment at Durios Gulch, while keeping the fighting for the most part just outside our walls.

I hated to tear myself away, but I need my job to pay the mortgage and to pay for my Internet. :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Temporarily locking for clean up

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone.

In the interest of allowing the worlds to have a place to discuss their matches, we’re going to re-open this thread one last time. We have taken the time to clean this thread up and there was a lot to be cleaned out.

These threads are for discussing WvWvW. If any further infractions are commited as those that have been cleaned, this thread will be closed and infractors will be dealt with.

Thanks for your understanding

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Wow, go Nine Dragons, Kiwi, and the SoR “night crew!” SoR took the lead back when SoS certainly has a strong presence.

And yeah Ghedoriah, you have fun with Blackgate. Their match-up’s score this week against HoD & Eredon is rather depressing.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Yah, having a blast tonight. Running around with CRS in SoS BL with outmanned buff and still holding our own. It’s great!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Longtime SoR player here.

Reading this thread in its entirety (and basing oneself of off previous thread for our last 4 matchups), all I see is:

1- SoR is a server full of hackers and that’s why they win.

2- We were leading in points and now SoR is gaining on us; not only are they a bunch of hackers, but they must have gotten more transfers.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

I have been fighting all week Fractal and I can guarantee that a lot of influential guilds have transfered to your server. It’s a bit frustrating to be working really hard at WvW and put your all in, finally take a lead and then patch day along with transfers completely ruins the balance. On top of that, during Oceania primetime a lot of people have been stuck downloading a massive patch (internet is slow in Australia), meanwhile the casual Wvw’ers that make up the numbers are distracted by Halloween.

I guess the game doesn’t revolve around WvW but I wish all this change would happen after a match up, not half way through. There is still 3 days to go, we’ll see what happens.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Daish.6139

Daish.6139

Daish is quiting WvW for the rest of the week

Sea of Sorrows will lose alot of points

in WvW

Obed.7629

any score updates? I am so antsy to get back to the fight!

in WvW

Obed.7629

Cirus writes:
I have been fighting all week Fractal and I can guarantee that a lot of influential guilds have transfered to your server.

But earlier, Kohai posted:
All three servers are full, no more transfers for anyone.

Is there a convenient place to check server population and summaries of current guild registration? And what is the max population of a server?

Thanks!

[EDITED: “earlier writer” -> “Kohai”]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

But earlier, Kohai posted:
All three servers are full, no more transfers for anyone.

Is there a convenient place to check server population and summaries of current guild registration? And what is the max population of a server?

Thanks!

[EDITED: “earlier writer” -> “Kohai”]

A server is only full at a certain point in time. If you just wait until the off hours of that server and it switches to heavy, then you can transfer there. It should also be said that the server population is not directly related to the population in WvW. Of course more people on your server means the possibility of more people queueing up, but plenty of undermanned wvw servers are “Full”.

As for the current guild registration…I don’t know. I do know that there are rumors that because Blackgate is dominating so hard in T2 a bunch of them went to SoR to actually…you know…play wvw. Personally I would have went to NSP or GoM to really screw up the rankings…I mean, have a challenge.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Michael.1268)

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Vengeance[VNG] transferred from Dragonbrand to SoR on Sunday.. we are fairly good size. mostly NA time zone. We been having a blast here on SoR and working with the other commanders. Great Community on SoR.

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

they longer i stay in australia, the more I confused about them.

As oceanic primetime started, there was hallowen, these guys just spent last 10 hrs runing in LA and punching things…

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Really enjoyed playing wvw this week, keep up the good work CD and SoR

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

I think if the halloween event gets any better, SoS oceanic participation will die lol

MERC

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyBear.6038

CrazyBear.6038

SOR 135,387 +605 3orbs
SOS 128,620 +85
CD 65,651 +5

in WvW

RiversOnFire.3607

I think if the halloween event gets any better, SoS oceanic participation will die lol

agreed

in WvW

Posted by: Akhet.6527

Akhet.6527

All of the talk in this thread and it turns out the greatest threat here on SoS is Halloween.

dat candy corn

Varien Sundfor
Council Leader of Flux Capacity [FLUX]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Daish is quiting WvW for the rest of the week

Well thank god for that at least.

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

SoS is weak vs candycorn.

in WvW

Akhet.6527

Our spaceship has no candy corn.

Structural weakness.

Varien Sundfor
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

hey guys, so just came out of SoR BL a few minutes ago.

Who in SoS is the guild called “DP”?

Apparently they got in our garrison without breaking any doors/walls down.

They got repelled but who are they?

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Tag doesn’t ring a bell and can’t find them listed anywhere.

Although if they’re genuinely hacking/exploiting, no surprise that they wouldn’t be interacting with the rest of the community. Still, could always just have been a Mesmer.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

i thought the fixed the ability mesmers have “that put them in places they weren’t suppose to be”
i know they can hide though

11:03am PST

Attachments:

~Caedas~

(edited by Bunnehboo.6025)

in WvW

Posted by: Everglow.2185

Everglow.2185

We got in with 2 catas on your outer wall and a ram on the inner gate. You even drained all your supply repairing it. Walked right past a SoR guy who was afk on our way to the inner gate lol

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

We got in with 2 catas on your outer wall and a ram on the inner gate. You even drained all your supply repairing it. Walked right past a SoR guy who was afk on our way to the inner gate lol

well then
no comment

~Caedas~

in WvW

Akhet.6527

sup halloween

you evil backstabber

Attachments:

Varien Sundfor
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

From what it seems, SoS has the stronger Oceanic presence.

SoR has the stronger NA presence.

The problem comes in when SoR’s NA guys stay up and fight SoS’ oceanics. While SoS may have full borderlands across the board, and SoR is 50-75% or less, SoS oceanics seem a lot less organzied.

But when the SoR NA guys don’t stay up, the server is quite empty.

IF SoR was to pick up some more aussies and asianics, this server could probably be quite nasty.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Posted by: Chidawg.6315

Chidawg.6315

@Indo. I think the NA players are pretty even matched. Remember before server reset we were well above +400 potential points last night. Then everyone saw candy corn and it was a lost cause.

Chibong(lvl 80 necro)/Chidawg(lvl 80 thief)
SoS – The Industry[WORK]

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

@Indo. I think the NA players are pretty even matched. Remember before server reset we were well above +400 potential points last night. Then everyone saw candy corn and it was a lost cause.

I was more analyzing Fri and Sat nights. When everything was fresh, SoR had the advantage.

Yesterday and tonight are not good indicators as yesterday—SoS had fully upgraded and sieged keeps/towers— and tonight SoR will have the same. When it’s a 1v1(since CD is basically MIA), it’s difficult to see performance based on PPT simply because it’s much harder for the offensive team to take something from the defensive team when everything is fully maxed out.

Either way, that’s just my personal assessment on the match. I have been known to be wrong, /shrug.

But I stand by the statement that should SoR get some more Aussie/Asian guilds, it would become a very strong server.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

(edited by Indo.8629)

in WvW

Posted by: FuzzyStarburst.3071

FuzzyStarburst.3071

From my own experience as an SoR player, I see us having the advantage during Oceanic times. Remember, your prime time is night time, our primetime doesn’t sleep. You’ll see all the same commanders during NA primetime and Oceanic primetime usually.

Pertaining to hacks. I’ve spent about 20 hours in WvW since the start, not seen a single hack this week, except the CD guy who broke all the altars for uhh… who knows what reason. Please guys, you need to understand the mechanics of the game, and there are a lot of them, before you cry ‘h4x!!!11’ Thieves, for instance, due to culling can remain in near perma stealth. Also, capture rings seem to have no z-axis, so a person can stand above the ring in a keep, like say, a vista, and stop the capture(could be wrong on this).

Also, SoR has recieved no transfers. The strange weekend was caused by, as I’m told, some Blackgate guilds transferring to SoR and then to SoS to cause insanity in our maps. To my knowledge, they weren’t present last night, and that was caused by SoR getting online faster, likely related to SoS having a heavy Oceanic presence. After we took an advantage, SoS had trouble rerallying, but dang, even with inferior numbers, they put up a fight to be remembered.

Seriously though, sportsmanship. I’ve enjoyed this weekend, even with the tomfoolery, and will go on to enjoy the week, I hope.

in WvW

Posted by: Kurthos.2354

Kurthos.2354

SoS had no transfers over the weekend.

SoS still lacks numbers to fill all four maps, we’d love a few more transfer guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Update 9:30 PM GMT UK time 23rd October.

What a change from this time yesterday when SoS had +500 ish and a lead on the score.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

RiversOnFire.3607

whatever, when hellokitten events end, we will be back

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

A lot of the SoS players have become demoralised by the constant hacking, cheating and exploiting. Thieves which are soloing fully upgraded towers with a player inside it (tell me they legitimately perma-stealthed until the tower finished all upgrades) is incredibly disappointing, especially when you chose to fortify your defences (specifically the tower) instead of pushing. You work hard to hold it and build it up (against the zerg) and you lose it to a cheater. Taking an orb is a mammoth task many times, to see them get hacked and not only lose the lead you earned, but now have to go up against someone else’s, it becomes very difficult to return to WvW and find the same fight inside yourself to work towards the win.

What’s the point in sieging for hours and taking orbs if they are going to be hacked? What’s the point in taking and building up towers if they are going to be hacked? I’ve seen people pull long shifts in WvW to try and get the community rolling, build up some momentum, a base server skill set and some good synergy between the NA and Oceanic guilds. Imagine how disappointed those people would be to see their hard work destroyed by a handful of hackers.

Halloween probably wouldn’t have been as big of a pull on the server population if they had more incentive to WvW. All the cheating and exploiting going on is really turning people off of this match-up.

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Well at least there’s no more exploiting. Already tested both exploits… dun work anymore. Now they just have to deal with the fly/jump hack.

in WvW

Posted by: Akinorix.5107

Akinorix.5107

Most of SoR’s great comebacks came from our keeps and orbs being hacked, instead of us getting demoralized it gives us motivation to shut down whoever hacked us, its what i like about SoR i hate all hackers even those on my server

SoR could be 30k down and still would fight to the end with always the hopes of winning, im glad i picked this server.

Xakinori – Pain Train Choo [Choo]

in WvW

Posted by: PRXKV.1296

PRXKV.1296

An open letter to the non-NA’s on Sea of Sorrows (ie Oceanics etc).

You put out the call to your server for NA guilds. You touted your WvW tenacity and ability and wanted help to make SoS more competitive in WvW. [PRX] and other NA guilds (RMA, FoE, TSym, AoI etc) answered the call and many of you welcomed us in a friendly fashion.

Our first match with Maguuma and Dragonbrand ended in 6 hours before you even woke up. We did a 100% cap in EB and our NA brothers did amazing work on their maps and Maguuma and Dragonbrand gave up – all while you were asleep.

This current matchup began in an epic fashion. Through the weekend the three-way fights were incredible. Sure, there were some anomolies with transfers and orb hacks, but the match was incredibly fun and competitive. We turned EB 100% blue twice in that time and again, our NA partners put in hard, skilled work on their maps. As a guild we were in all-call the entire time and used more than 50 golems (not a typo, fifty) and hundreds of other siege weapons and did our job for the server.

Even with NA coverage that was only good enough to hold 3 of the 4 maps and virtually never a queue even for EB, as of 10pm Eastern time last night (Monday), we had a lead of 8k, fully upgraded Stonemist and our corner of EB. On our borderlands, FoE, RMA, TSyn and AoI earned many fully upgraded castles, towers and orbs. Also as of 10pm Eastern time last night the ppt was +455 SoS, +215 SoR and +25 CD even with one full borderland capped by SoR and noone from NA on it (due to not having enough coverage).

And then frankly, the non-NAs kitten it all away for candy corn.

By now anyone watching the match saw what happened after we passed the torch to you. While Lion’s Arch had overflow during your prime time, all the WvW maps had outmanned buffs and our tick fell to +20.

This puts [PRX] in a tough position. We are in our prime and want to strive and move onward and upward on the ladder. We do not want to server hop. We didn’t want to leave Henge, but everyone quit on us and left us to fight (which we did) JQ alone. We don’t want to leave SoS, but we want to know that at least a few folks have our back. Honestly, on a full server with 3-4000 people playing, it isn’t too much to ask that 10-15% of those are in WvW.

We want to make SoS our home and work to build it. But when you (non-NA) folks quit on us as a whole, disrespect the blood, time and treasure we put into your server, we contemplate our options. We do not want to relegate ourselves to just moral victories, ie “Sure, we are in 3rd place, but boy we really owned that supply camp!”

We don’t ask for greatness, we ask simply for effort. No server should ever drop past +180-200 ppt if they are actively trying, even if they are outclassed.

To conclude, this is a request to those on SoS. If you are a WvW player and/or guild, show your heart and get out there and fight. Losing after putting up a good fight is nothing to be ashamed of, but losing because you’re afraid to fight or because of silly candy corn is unacceptable if you wish your server to be good at WvW. Your NA guilds will find a server with some sisters and brothers that will actually stand with them in a scrap.

Tomorrow at our NA prime time, [PRX] will re-evaluate the non-NA of SoS. If you show up and fight between now and then and show some determination and desire to WvW, we will look to the future and stand with you. If you continue to chase down candy corn and shy away from combat, we will weigh other options. If SoS is truly just a server of PvEers, then so be it, own up to it and we will make choices based on this and will respect your playstyle.

My sincere hope is that last night was just an anomoly and you come to your senses and realize SoS can be an up and coming WvW server and you get back to fighting.

Thanks for your time

KV

GM of [PRX] The Professionals, since 1999

www.prx-guild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

^——-the lack of sun in this one is strong

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Looks like another long week of nothing to do in WvW past the initial 3or 4 days of reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

And then frankly, the non-NAs kitten it all away for candy corn.

To be fair it was NA’s that also went for candies after the patch rather then defend in WvW. After finally getting the patch done I jumped in to SoR BL only to find the outmaned buff on, garrison caped and hills under-siege. I had been out there for 6 hours that day with people from TSym, OnS, Atac and Work in a push to cap the whole map. We succeeded and upgraded the keeps. The moment the patch came out we lost everything. I can’t but feel that A-net shares some of the blame for messing things up. Since they didn’t put Halloween drops/events into WvW people were natually going to ignore WvW. For some reason this didn’t happen to SoR, what ever you guys did or say congrats on getting people to ignore candy.