10/19 Sanctum of Rall vs Crystal Desert vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Cacare.1382

Cacare.1382

To PRXKV, I was just about to come in and post exactly what your thoughts were.

I’m a new commander to the SoS, i was there for hours when we were under +200, watched us go above 500+, and was there to see us fall to +60. It’s like the moment we take a lead SoS players head off and don’t return for the week. I was disappointed and embarrassed at the amount of players who were in WvW at our prime time. The only positives I see are that we learnt some new tactics from higher tiered guilds, and hopefully we can bring that to the table later this week or fresh next week.

Enough chat, heading back into WvW to lick our wounds and at least show we don’t just push over.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

A lot of the Oceanic guilds aren’t specifically WvW – they have other interests as guilds, so when you have an event like this pop up, it’s not too surprising that they’ve got less members getting on WvW.

Although that said, I think that kinda reaction is a bit much for one slack day.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Necroshan.7490

Necroshan.7490

One slack day? Its like NO ONE from the Oceanics showed up. This server claimed to have a strong Oceanic wvw pressence and requested help. People came here to help and then we are faced with this? It’s the appropriate reaction.

in WvW

Posted by: Legion.1460

Legion.1460

I will say this, What is the point when last night i was in WVW after halloween started and saw people superjumping /flying into our keeps and towers. I donot blame the Oceanic guilds for this i blame SOR and its lack of Honor. If you are on SoR and donot use hacks, then report the ones that do. They are giving your server a bad name. I have reported people on DB and SoS for hacking when i have seen it. (Yes i am a DB import). Also i have reported the guilds i saw hacking.

I feel sorry for the legitimate players on SoR, cause as i said it puts a black mark on the server. From now on when people see you win, whether used or not, Hacks will be blamed. For the Hackers out there on Any server i hope the ban hammer hits you where the good lord split you.

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

The event started during NA primetime, SoS started giving up. when Oceanic Primetime start, they were attracted by corn of cause. and they did not return…

now, its NA primetime and LA overflow. Everyone is doing the same thing. u cant blame NA or Oceanic

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

Please take screenshots/videos for proof and record.
If you can give us the name of the guild we, the SoR, community will do something about it.

Till then please DO NOT jump to conclusions.

Hackers can still freely transfer to other server, always keep taht in mind.

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

An open letter to the non-NA’s on Sea of Sorrows (ie Oceanics etc).

And then frankly, the non-NAs kitten it all away for candy corn.

www.prx-guild.com

Ah-kittening-men!!!

I couldn’t get on yesterday (I play from work after-hours and they just blocked all the ports…yay!…will have to find a friendly SoS’er who will openSSH for me…anyway) but after talking to friends found that they ran into the same crap!

Running into a fight with 10v8 odds in his favour, only to get ganked 8vs2 (the other 8 morons had seen a candy mine and were off doing that instead!!!!). WTF!

1) Get Candy out of Wv3
2) Any idiot in Wv3 that prioritises getting candy-corn should be shot

I’d be sorely tempted to leave SoS if we don’t get our act together and get back into the fight, especially now that we are starting to get some Q times going at Oceanic times. Disappointing.

in WvW

Posted by: GolgoXIII.8536

GolgoXIII.8536

Okay I am going to have my say about you “na guilds” saying that the oceanics let it all go. I don’t know how/what it is like for the other oceanic players but Australians do not have the best services in the world for the internet. The majority of players can at the most have ADSL 2 connections NOT optical fibre. As for that most times it is enough. But to get a 600 meg patch during oceanic time (when people are getting home from work/school) of play does not make it easy.

For me I was barely downloading at 100 k per second I am guessing alot of others didn’t get much better, So it took about 45 min to an hour to download the patch. This is not an excuse it is a reason. You NA players that are saying that “oceanic players gave it away” Need to get a little more enlightened on what happened. And you are also not free from guilt either If you were so dedicated you would have been there playing too. It annoys me that you sit there complaining and pointing the finger to the oceanics. When it is all said and done Anet should not have opened the WvW bgs as soon as they restarted the servers.

But to ask a little understanding and comprehension from you guys is asking too much as you seem to be judge jury and executioner without knowing what goes on. On the otherside of the world and if that is how you are going to react then don’t let the door hit your kitten on the way out.

Playing the blame game between the NA prime time players and the Oceanic Primetime players is helping no one and is not good for fostering player relationships either and yes I am quite aware of what I had said in my post could be interpreted as myself blaming the NA comunity but that was not my intention.

Also I have been informed by a mate of mine that this patch also was implemented during the NA Primetime. So we are not alone in the blame that you PRXKV.1296 are appointing.

(edited by GolgoXIII.8536)

in WvW

Posted by: Uruu.3468

Uruu.3468

SoS as a server called out for help for NA presence cause they wanted to be serious and move up in tier ranking.

why are ppl even using halloween event as an excuse x.x sor’s asia pac wvw presence was still up and running, putting up a fight, props!

and there are more events inc, anet does xmas and more too! events are never an excuse to stop wvw unless your server is completely dominating.

and sor did get massive xfers this past week

some of the jq xfers and
crs, nd and more asia pac guilds, from hod probably some of the stronger / bigger asia pac guilds out there.

As it stands right now, SoS is probably a little stronger during NA prime time, and SoR is far stronger during asia pac hours due to the new xfers

(edited by Uruu.3468)

in WvW

Posted by: ravikus.7268

ravikus.7268

I will say this, What is the point when last night i was in WVW after halloween started and saw people superjumping /flying into our keeps and towers. I donot blame the Oceanic guilds for this i blame SOR and its lack of Honor. If you are on SoR and donot use hacks, then report the ones that do. They are giving your server a bad name. I have reported people on DB and SoS for hacking when i have seen it. (Yes i am a DB import). Also i have reported the guilds i saw hacking.

I feel sorry for the legitimate players on SoR, cause as i said it puts a black mark on the server. From now on when people see you win, whether used or not, Hacks will be blamed. For the Hackers out there on Any server i hope the ban hammer hits you where the good lord split you.

Your logic is incredibly flawed. You blame SoR and its “lack of honor” when one or two people hack. You blame thousands for the actions of one or two then put the entirety of the blame on the server. What’s the point in reporting when there will always be that one person who hacks and then people like you go around calling SoR a hacker server? It isn’t the hackers giving us a bad name, because we all acknowledge that in a relatively new online game there will be hackers, it’s you. It’s people like you who would crucify an entire server because of the actions of one person.

By your logic, SoS is all hackers and I blame SoS for its “lack of honor” because one person hacked once. CD is full of hackers and they lack honor because someone may have hacked once. You introduce this logic into the equation, then base yourself off of it as well.

Sanctum of Rall

RR & USA | Vanican – Guardian | Grub Killa – Mesmer | Vaxri – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

Uruu.3468, our oceanic people ARE our NA people….food for thought.

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn

in WvW

Posted by: Archaeneoso.8461

Archaeneoso.8461

Hey SoS, want some Candy?

Seriously, Halloween event showed up and they vanished trick or treating

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

@Nikkle.4013:Since they didn’t put Halloween drops/events into WvW people were natually going to ignore WvW. For some reason this didn’t happen to SoR, what ever you guys did or say congrats on getting people to ignore candy.

We are a WvW focused server. You should expect that.

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I’m from SoS and I was there when the servers went down for the patch, by the time my patch finished downloading the maps were flipped to SoR. We got straight back in and got to it. Be a shame to see PRX give up on SoS

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Frizz.6704

Frizz.6704

Ok so as a New Zealander, now living in North America, and participating in the WvW action both before, and after, the patch came in I think I have a unique perspective.

Firstly, when I did get into EB on SOR, after the patch, we lost hours of work because SOS got in first and took the SOR tower, and then spawn camped us for about an hour. Everyone was complaining on our side how unfair it was. It wasn’t until Novus, a commander, had captured many many supply camps and keeps that SOS realised what was going on. I saw in chat how they wanted the main force to keep you busy at the SOR tower, so you wouldn’t come and stop us while we captured everything else, and it worked. So this argument that we suddenly had more players on after the patch is completely and utterly wrong!

Secondly, blaming Oceanics for losing the game is also lame. I am in NA (and far far east) and I came back into WvW to continue the fight. Given that you would have had the whole of central and western USA on a reasonable time I really doubt it was a case of a change in shift. Furthemore, The internet speed is so much slower in NZ/OZ and so it must have been the NA players logging on straight after the patch, not the Oceanics, which resulted in the initial demise of SOS.

It sounds to me like PRXKV.1296’s guild just wants to be on the winning side. Left HoD when things got tough rather than helping their server, and now playing the blame game because the server they moved to isn’t working out any better.

(edited by Frizz.6704)

in WvW

Posted by: Indo.8629

Indo.8629

The interesting thing is that SoR doesn’t have enough oceanics/asianics.

What you’re seeing as the heavy asianic/oceanic presence is the NAs staying up far later than they should.

We could use some asianic/oceanic guilds though if any are looking for a home :P.

Typically if you queue past 3/4am est on SoR you find half empty BLs, maybe 1 is queue’d at most.

Tempest Wolves – The Sanctum
80k kills and counting

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

@Frizz

You really should just edit out your last paragraph.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” Mark Twain

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

Actually going to step in SoS’s Oceanic defense here and say this.

Alot of SoR knows Oceanic players do not have the best connections/internet providers. That patch was a good chunk. We also knew people would be distracted by the Halloween event.

Here was some of SoR’s ( or atleast EPIC’s thought process last night. )

" So, after the patch, straight to WvW, it’ll be empty most likely."
“Ok.”
" Oceanic people are going to be loading this patch for hours. We should make our move now."
“Ok.”
" Ques are instant."
“Ok. But.. What about candy corn?”
“There’s candy corn in WvW.”
“Ok. WvW it is!”

You can’t really blame the Oceanic players on SoS for losing everything last night when they couldn’t even connect. Instead, the NA players should have foreseen this and held out until the night time forces were on, instead of trick or treating. Can’t really blame NA at the same time for playing the game either.

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

(edited by Mara.5372)

in WvW

Posted by: Uruu.3468

Uruu.3468

that was exactly our guilds process as well, halloween patch, everyone waiting for patch downloading it asap, and yes you guessed it right back in wvw ^^

as a player on the NA guild, my guild consistently have a group of players that stay up til 4, 6 am close to everyday for this match up way past our ‘prime time’ putting literally 8~12 hours per day everyday.

personally, i haven’t even done one halloween event or quest, as a lot of the ppl in my guild haven’t also.

And no, trust me wvwing at 4am 6am server, most of the sor presence were non NA guilds, such as CRS and ND, both of which are large xfers from hod. Big props to them and their presence, great job.

Epic is great opponents too during NA prime time ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptorchid.7620

Kryptorchid.7620

Alot of SoR knows Oceanic players do not have the best connections/internet providers. That patch was a good chunk. We also knew people would be distracted by the Halloween event.

“Ok.”
" Oceanic people are going to be loading this patch for hours. We should make our move now."
“Ok.”
" Ques are instant."
“Ok. WvW it is!”

You can’t really blame the Oceanic players on SoS for losing everything last night when they couldn’t even connect. Instead, the NA players should have foreseen this and held out until the night time forces were on, instead of trick or treating. Can’t really blame NA at the same time for playing the game either.

We’re there two resets last night? Because I could have sworn EB was 100% Blue within 45 minutes of the reset when I was playing.

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

The interesting thing is that SoR doesn’t have enough oceanics/asianics.

Yeah yeah, whatever. :-) Compared to say, Fort Aspenwood, SoR have plenty. SoR seem to have enough to field 2 30+ teams on each BL, plus 2-3 teams of 5-man yak/supply/recon at 10pm sydney time. That’s some ungodly hour of the morning in the states.

Not complaining though. Makes for a fun game.

(edited by transtemporal.2158)

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

that was exactly our guilds process as well, halloween patch, everyone waiting for patch downloading it asap, and yes you guessed it right back in wvw ^^

as a player on the NA guild, my guild consistently have a group of players that stay up til 4, 6 am close to everyday for this match up way past our ‘prime time’ putting literally 8~12 hours per day everyday.

personally, i haven’t even done one halloween event or quest, as a lot of the ppl in my guild haven’t also.

And no, trust me wvwing at 4am 6am server, most of the sor presence were non NA guilds, such as CRS and ND, both of which are large xfers from hod. Big props to them and their presence, great job.

Epic is great opponents too during NA prime time ^^

Well, I’m glad you guys come out there, your server should be proud to have your guild. ( We lose a lot of sleep in EPIC aswell. X) )

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Look at all the excuses, people need to stop it and just go back to WvWing. SoS isn’t the only server with oceanics, I’m sure there are people on SoR that were affected too, it’s just at this point it looks like SoR more wvw oceanics than SoS does. They have a bigger wvw population overall, which with the queue times they’ve been getting this week compared to SoS confirms.

The halloween event being released on a monday instead of say last thursday is pretty bad timing as well, couldn’t they at least load up the patch last week and then switch it on yesterday? But then again I don’t think Anet has time to think about wvw balance these days.

Lastly I would like to note, it would be nice to see commanders showing up in SoS EB more often, whether they are present and not showing the icon or not I don’t know, I just know there are gaps with no commanders at all and it gets confusing to the militia on where to go and what to do other than what’s being said on team chat and watching the map. All the while I’ve heard that SoR can have up to 3 or 4 commanders at once in their EB.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

You put out the call to your server for NA guilds. You touted your WvW tenacity and ability and wanted help to make SoS more competitive in WvW. [PRX] and other NA guilds (RMA, FoE, TSym, AoI etc) answered the call and many of you welcomed us in a friendly fashion.

Our first match with Maguuma and Dragonbrand ended in 6 hours before you even woke up. We did a 100% cap in EB and our NA brothers did amazing work on their maps and Maguuma and Dragonbrand gave up – all while you were asleep.

This current matchup began in an epic fashion. Through the weekend the three-way fights were incredible. Sure, there were some anomolies with transfers and orb hacks, but the match was incredibly fun and competitive. We turned EB 100% blue twice in that time and again, our NA partners put in hard, skilled work on their maps. As a guild we were in all-call the entire time and used more than 50 golems (not a typo, fifty) and hundreds of other siege weapons and did our job for the server.

Even with NA coverage that was only good enough to hold 3 of the 4 maps and virtually never a queue even for EB, as of 10pm Eastern time last night (Monday), we had a lead of 8k, fully upgraded Stonemist and our corner of EB. On our borderlands, FoE, RMA, TSyn and AoI earned many fully upgraded castles, towers and orbs. Also as of 10pm Eastern time last night the ppt was +455 SoS, +215 SoR and +25 CD even with one full borderland capped by SoR and noone from NA on it (due to not having enough coverage).

By now anyone watching the match saw what happened after we passed the torch to you. While Lion’s Arch had overflow during your prime time, all the WvW maps had outmanned buffs and our tick fell to +20.

This puts [PRX] in a tough position. We are in our prime and want to strive and move onward and upward on the ladder. We do not want to server hop. We didn’t want to leave Henge, but everyone quit on us and left us to fight (which we did) JQ alone. We don’t want to leave SoS, but we want to know that at least a few folks have our back. Honestly, on a full server with 3-4000 people playing, it isn’t too much to ask that 10-15% of those are in WvW.

We want to make SoS our home and work to build it. But when you (non-NA) folks quit on us as a whole, disrespect the blood, time and treasure we put into your server, we contemplate our options. We do not want to relegate ourselves to just moral victories, ie “Sure, we are in 3rd place, but boy we really owned that supply camp!”

We don’t ask for greatness, we ask simply for effort. No server should ever drop past +180-200 ppt if they are actively trying, even if they are outclassed.

To conclude, this is a request to those on SoS. If you are a WvW player and/or guild, show your heart and get out there and fight. Losing after putting up a good fight is nothing to be ashamed of, but losing because you’re afraid to fight or because of silly candy corn is unacceptable if you wish your server to be good at WvW. Your NA guilds will find a server with some sisters and brothers that will actually stand with them in a scrap.

Tomorrow at our NA prime time, [PRX] will re-evaluate the non-NA of SoS. If you show up and fight between now and then and show some determination and desire to WvW, we will look to the future and stand with you. If you continue to chase down candy corn and shy away from combat, we will weigh other options. If SoS is truly just a server of PvEers, then so be it, own up to it and we will make choices based on this and will respect your playstyle.

My sincere hope is that last night was just an anomoly and you come to your senses and realize SoS can be an up and coming WvW server and you get back to fighting.

Thanks for your time

KV

GM of [PRX] The Professionals, since 1999

www.prx-guild.com

Wow that’s a lot of verbiage. Anyway…

I’m going to say this; if you ever want to see what real, honest-to-goodness “Never quit” attitude is all about, come to SoR for just one day and play with us. I’m almost ashamed to admit that several times when I was ready to throw in the towel, other Rallers showed me that when you don’t quit, amazing things can happen. I invite you to come and see this for yourself only so you can see that it is not “chest beating”, it’s indeed true.

Sanctum of Rall may not be the top WvW server out there, but it is the most tenacious and its guilds never, ever, ever give up.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Posted by: Asharn.9510

Asharn.9510

To PRX

Before you make the decision to jump ship come talk to some of the Australian guild leaders. Last night they were just as disappointed with our servers performance as you were if not more because we have seen what this server can truly accomplish.

Last night was a great night because we knew we weren’t going to take back much ground with the little people that we had but that didn’t matter. We went all out in SoS borderlands and we held off for as long as we could. Even managed to take back garrison and hills. We were so close to taking back the bay but it was fully upgraded and the group fell apart when our golems went down and it was approaching our bedtime.

To the people that were fighting along side the Team Shatter commanders last night you did well with that we were up against.
#ViddyMode

~Pheai (Team Shatter)

in WvW

Posted by: Frizz.6704

Frizz.6704

@Frizz

You really should just edit out your last paragraph.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” Mark Twain

Please take your own advice. Your comment had nothing of relevance.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Well speaking as the commander leading in SoR Border last night from about 10pm EST to 1am EST, it was extremely difficult for us at first. SoS had all the towers and keeps upgraded and littered with seige. We kept the pressure on Longview/Cliffside, but couldn’t take them (almost had Cliffside once) so bounced to DB and had outer almost down when the patch came out.

While some were ready to give up, many of us wanted back in with a vengeance and we figured we could at least take a tower before the heavy SoS defense came out again. We took Cliff without any opposition. Garrison went down with just a few defenders…we ended up all-capping the place in less than an hour.

There were no hacks, or an influx of transfers or a big Oceanic guild involved. It was just the regular SoR NA crew staying up late and not getting distracted by the Halloween stuff. For whatever reason, SoS didn’t come out to defend a fully capped zone, though we did notice a heavy presence in EB.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: sardonic wrath.5690

sardonic wrath.5690

This goes out to all the CDers reading this thread – we won’t be taken seriously until we cut out the fair-weather mentality. The ratio of people in PVE to WvW I’ve seen has been pretty dismal, and its frustrating seeing my fellow guildies reclaim a tower in our own Borderlands and subsequently getting overrun just trying to hold the kitten thing after setting up a coordinated effort.

Another point I’ve come to make is that the late-night/Oceanic/whatever you want to call what goes on in the AM hours is pretty nonexistent. The last matchup we were losing like this, we had a fully upgraded keep (db) at 1am with 10 of us KH’ers on. (yes, that’s a namedrop, GO SQUIDS) – but that amount of siege and upgrades still can’t deal with a 30+ zerg against 10 of us, and it fell. And yes, our calls for help were blasted across map/team chat.

I don’t want to seem like I’m officially making this call – but our server really, really needs more dedicated WvWer’s on at nighttime. Seeing everything look okay before going to sleep, then waking up to see everything lit a different color than our own is really getting old. And to my CD brethren – please WvW more. Yes, even when we’re losing. Thanks.

edit: verbage corrections

[EP] Everything Purple
Tarnished Coast
Your favorite Charr Guardian

(edited by sardonic wrath.5690)

in WvW

Kohai.2571

people from SoS exploiting in SoS borderlands placing siege weapons at invul. zones

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

That actually isn’t an invulnerable zone. I’ve destroyed trebs placed there before.

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Have not had more than a 5 min que on SoR in any map yet; majority of the time it has been instant…

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Props to SoR for thinking ahead and organizing their guys to go wvw right after the patch then, pretty much every server reset whether it’s for an event like halloween or for quick patching should be treated like the wvw resets on fridays, you rush in and take as much as you can while you can.

Also I’m surprised with all these server transfers lately especially with what the Blackgate transfer people did this week, that there aren’t more mercenary guilds out there willing to hire their services out for a week to help servers outgun their opponents. That would be a hilarious low point for transfers.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Kohai.2571

@Scorpio Shirica.1286: siege weapons cant be invulnerable…only players.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

So much this I can’t be bothered playing WvW until the event is over. I play during the non NA primetimes and the lust for candy corn over fighting has made me rage.

5 SoR guys attacked a Supply post and we had 8 guys + defenders and they all ran off to mine the candy corn 50ft back from the SP while they attacked. When I was killed it was only then I realised I was alone and that’s where they were – mining kittening candy! Then they returned in smaller groups of one or twos only to get jumped on by the 5 SoR guys.

Why Anet thought is was a good idea to put candy in WvW, it has no place being there.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

SoS putting Treb’s in their invul zone to siege Garrison with a Ballista there to shoot anything we build to counter it. Lame. Already reported the people involved.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

SoS putting Treb’s in their invul zone to siege Garrison with a Ballista there to shoot anything we build to counter it. Lame. Already reported the people involved.

QQ! …haha…good on them for finding that spot

As a previous poster said, only players are invulnerable. Try setting up more than one siege weapon to take it out. Treat it the same way you treat siege in a keep that is out of range for ranged dps.

Pass the image on to your own BL and do the same. The game is a pretty level playing field, no one team has all the advantages. I’m sure all servers have thieves that are affected by server culling. I’m sure all the BL’s have the same flaws. That Mesmers work the same on all servers.

If people are persistent enough to figure stuff out that is not game breaking, then good on them.

There have been some flaws that are game breaking (such as the one where you could walk into the Hills keep from the SE spawn point, and the Ink-Shot jumping in the Bay) but most of those seem to get reported pretty fast, and once they are known, all servers can then choose to deal with them. Look at fly-hacking and no-clipping, did ANet fix it? nope. So the servers fixed it – you now have people watching the Orbs most of the time.

Not saying that any of those things shouldn’t be fixed. Sure, raise them/report them, but move on. QQing etc about it is not going to make any difference (other than making the abusers laugh when they read your post – I’m of the jump-up-and-down-on-top-of-and-laugh-at-dead-people camp, and saw someone post about it in this thread somewhere, made me laugh no end!!!)

in WvW

Posted by: GolgoXIII.8536

GolgoXIII.8536

And I have never seen the SoR or CD guys do it. Get off your high horse most people who WvW know you can do that and I see it done regularly. You people make me want to punch babies because “your server would never do that”. sigh……………….

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Funnily, they did kill the treb that was “clearly exploited” off pretty quickly…

…but the one in the tower, they couldn’t quite manage?

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Sure, raise them/report them, but move on. QQing etc about it is not going to make any difference (other than making the abusers laugh when they read your post – I’m of the jump-up-and-down-on-top-of-and-laugh-at-dead-people camp, and saw someone post about it in this thread somewhere, made me laugh no end!!!)

Already have, Dev’s are usually pretty quick at fixing this stuff anyway. Use to be ten times more exploits when game first came out though. lol

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

I just got into SoR borderlands in time to see DB falling. I prance in, hear my Caedas buddies call out the altar being destroyed, pick up the orb, and gracefully swim away. Hahaha, what a rush! No it wasn’t a fly hack. I frapsed it. Will upload video once I’m out of game. Happy halloween everyone! ^^

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

Good match. Keep up the good work

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

I just saw 2 enemy Orb Protectors spawn on the Altar of Power in our SoR Borderland Garrison Keep. Where the heck did those come from??

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

“Ok.”
“Ok.”
" Ques are instant."
“Ok. WvW it is!”

We did this. No one showed up. After the patch we (sos)capped 100% of EB. Then we waited, and waited. 3am people log off. I think that is what the uppsetting part is about. The calvalry never showed. If it was a connection problem then tonight we shall see SoS power. If not, well, who knows.

in WvW

Posted by: flyro.6083

flyro.6083

zerg babies sOs!!!!! At least Sor will let 1/1’s happen bad players will be bad!

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

lol….don’t worry, I’ll be using my favourite ‘tactic’ and have my macro’d Alt-F4 ready for when I’m not in a big zerg vs 1 or 2, or when the fight is too even….or when I’m downed.

in WvW

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

Elementalist from Violent Impact, just wanted to give you props you play that class and build very well

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Elementalist from Violent Impact, just wanted to give you props you play that class and build very well

While I appreciate your compliments, I want your entire class to burn in the fiery depths of the sun, both of them actually. But thank you, upsetting that Guardian intervened, probably would have gone on forever otherwise, because stealth in this game is of worse design than WoW’s, particularly with the culling inefficiency.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

You put out the call to your server for NA guilds. You touted your WvW tenacity and ability and wanted help to make SoS more competitive in WvW. [PRX] and other NA guilds (RMA, FoE, TSym, AoI etc) answered the call and many of you welcomed us in a friendly fashion.

To conclude, this is a request to those on SoS. If you are a WvW player and/or guild, show your heart and get out there and fight. Losing after putting up a good fight is nothing to be ashamed of, but losing because you’re afraid to fight or because of silly candy corn is unacceptable if you wish your server to be good at WvW. Your NA guilds will find a server with some sisters and brothers that will actually stand with them in a scrap.

My sincere hope is that last night was just an anomoly and you come to your senses and realize SoS can be an up and coming WvW server and you get back to fighting.

Thanks for your time

KV

GM of [PRX] The Professionals, since 1999

www.prx-guild.com

May I be frank? I find your position to be a bit presumptuous. You are new to the Sea of Sorrows, and I think you would be wise to stop, look and listen, before you presume to have suzerainty over our children here. To be blunt, I feel that you haven’t earned it, and I find your tone a bit overweening.

In my culture, Halloween is akin to a religious observance. We worship the gods of the harvest, and Halloween is sacred to us. We dress our children in festive clothing and celebrate the Day of the Dead to see out the spirits and welcome the bounty of the mother goddess. Pumpkins are never to be eaten. It’s opprobrious in our culture to defame Halloween.

Thank you for your concern, and I look forward to a lovely week of worshipping the goddess. In peace.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

in SoS WvW BL, we dont have large active guilds, except these NA xfers.

normally there just some commanders leading ppl from 20 different guilds. even worse, some commanders r just like Daish Daish

we r trying, in SoS BL, there is a queue and we only holding 2 towers. We r not doing a great job but we r trying

a week ago, we were still in tier 4, and all we do is just go back home—zerg cap the whole map—go to sleep—let them cap everything back. we barely learn anything last week coz we holding everything…

just give us some time, we r trying and we r still learning.

in WvW

Posted by: oldephartte.4369

oldephartte.4369

I have a tale of woe to tell to you
It’s a sad, sad fact but unfortunately true
Some guilds and guild leaders I sadly find
Are legends merely in their own mind
While others quietly achieve
The things in which we all believe
I know who I would gladly follow
While others words ring sadly hollow