11/13 Kaineng vs Shiverpeaks vs Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Mophistoe.3816

Mophistoe.3816

I want to thank Kaineng for a very fun Saturday night in our BL (Shiverpeaks). Yes you stomped us, in almost every way possible, but that was a lot of fun. The best part was when you guys hit us on 2 fronts at the DB fort, were 1 force of you attacked us at the southern gate, but then WM took out our northern gate and took the keep. You guys kicked our butt and that was the best fun i have had since this match started. Thx.

lvl 80 Engineer, Necro, Warrior, Thief, Hunter, Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist NSP.

in WvW

Posted by: Keyba.9570

Keyba.9570

Stormwolf,
What can we say, we do have very spirited players who won’t stop WvW’ing heh.

Revenant is life

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

The current matchup is interesting and boring at the same time. Interesting because there is action all the time and everywhere.
Boring because it’s ultra zergy, and running back and forth spamming 1-5 isn’t really what I’m looking for ( I know it’s WvW and it’s a very personnal opinion).

I really don’t enjoy the zerg mentality, and I remember on friday night watching War Machine (it’s them right? I’m not sure about the name) locust zerging in EB and thinking… omg, don’t tell me WvW will be that mindless chase for the next week !

Well it is, and I can’t wait to see them and the whole Kaineng server move away from our tier (no hate <3, I just prefer small groups of people actualy pvping instead of crushing their ennemies because they can’t defend themselves ).

All in all, I had several 1v1 and 1v2-3 and they were all great fights. Thank you for this and see you on the battleground tonight.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Posted by: Kiexcolo.2416

Kiexcolo.2416

Just when it looks like Kain might lose the entire AR BL (remaining strongholds were DB and BB), we rallied whatever men we could and we held out…

Screenshot 1:
A screenshot of the stalwart defenders who stood @ AR BL BB. That was all the force we had on the BL at that time. We were all total strangers from different guilds but we banded together and we held the line.

Screenshot 2:
The enemy! Well about half of them. The other half were on the the bridge or on the island.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

/waits to see comments about Kain’s “amazing defense” in NSP BL

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

You guys have a 900 man guild SoS i believe, that has been in that server since day 1 am i correct? Now these major guilds transfer in and suddenly your all jumping tiers? Let’s do the connection here.

As the leader of SoS, let me tell you what happened.

1. Timezone coverage.
Sure, SoS is big, we can cover a lot. But most of us are Taiwanese, we have a life, and daily schedule. DR has a good EU timezone coverage that can easily take over all of our land and then be carried over during US prime time. This puts us a bad spot, and makes it almost as if working in WvW is just throwing money into a blackhole with no reward.

2. As Storm said.
We were just unfortunate that we faced DR in tier 8. After Kaineng got their first victory, and was about to go up the tiers, DR got a guild that countered us – PRO. Their coverage rendered our advantage useless. Thus every week is just like Kaineng get a head start, and let DR chase up the score.

3. We are NOT a WvW guild.
Yes, I have stressed this many times, over and over. We are NOT a WvW guild. We do WvW for guild events. Not actually putting it as first priority. In fact, we will be going for Temple of Balth in just 30 min, come join if you want

I laughed so hard at “makes it almost as if working in WvW is just throwing money into a blackhole with no reward.” Welcome to every server who’s ever faced your zerg guild’d world. I remember the first few weeks where you guys came out of your hiding hole in WvW and just remembering, “Hey, we’re winning tonight pretty well, I think I’m going to go to bed early so I can wake up early and take back the entirely red painted maps in the morning!” I also use to think in the early mornings of work that Kaineng probably controls every living thing in WvW up until about 11am my time. It’s funny really.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

zerg is not fun but you don’t have to stick with the zerg. Go off the path and fight smaller groups. Sure the map is a bit too small but it’s do able .

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Thank you AR and Kain for running ONLY in groups of 10+. Literally every fight we come across is 10+ people. How about tune your skills to be able to run 5 and win some fights…quit using numbers as your winning mechanism. Chumps. And that’s from all of us at PAXA towards your entire server.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Thank you AR and Kain for running ONLY in groups of 10+. Literally every fight we come across is 10+ people. How about tune your skills to be able to run 5 and win some fights…quit using numbers as your winning mechanism. Chumps. And that’s from all of us at PAXA towards your entire server.

Thank you PAXA for exclusively running 5 man gank teams. Literally every fight vs 1 of your members ends up 5v1. How about you tune your skills to be able to solo a ranger. Quit using numbers as your winning mechanism.

Chumps, that’s from this ranger to your lame gank squad tactics.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

chill out guys, keep thread clean.

AR can go back to being mad at NSP next week yes?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

You just dont know the definition of trounced for kaineng.

Trounced for kaineng is when we cant take cliffside (as red team) in our primetime.

Everything else is gravy.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Imperium.9056

Imperium.9056

there has been some moaning on our Anvil side about how the numbers are against us,
it doesnt bother me personally, i enjoy a good challange. tho it seems we’ll be pitted against
old foes DR/NSP next week at this rate.

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

By the sounds of things on DR….next week AR might be the “Kaineng” of the trio…

in WvW

Draygo.9473

It looks like it will be an easier week next week for AR unless you guys dont keep it together this week. DR seems to be failure cascading and might be a shell of its former self.

Also it looks like we will be almost 1 on 1ing ebay next week ourselves and I expect it not to be easy. BP seems to have rolled over this week as well.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Been a while since I entered wvw. Looks so far that the match up has been more even than in previous weeks for us here at Kaineng, something that makes me excited. Here is to hoping that everyone continues to enjoy the match up. Remember, let’s keep this match up (and the thread) clean and fun for all.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

That’s funny, considering I finally singled one of your guys out with my Ranger, only to get rolled by the entire group once he started losing.

I put the range, in Ranger because I’m running solo most of the time.

<applaud>

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

AR you guys are killing it today! We can smell what the rock is cooking (you should use that).

PAXA from NSP. Have you got your gift of battle off the badges you’ve farmed off my body yet? I think you all could buy 5 each.

Yup, thanks dude. Sorry for your repair bills. Were you the female human guardian from [AI] (I think that was the guild)?

Edit: Good 1v1 fight if that was you!

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

(edited by osif.8673)

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Yup, thanks dude. Sorry for your repair bills. Were you the female human guardian from [AI] (I think that was the guild)?

Yup :P You never know when support is right behind you…! Except that did not happen at all yesterday when I threw myself at your daggers and other pointy weapons.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

osif.8673

Dear everyone crying about 1v1s,

I would be open for some 1v1s as I find them enjoyable.

Love,

Some kittenty beer slogan.

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Dear everyone crying about 1v1s,

I would be open for some 1v1s as I find them enjoyable.

Love,

Some kittenty beer slogan.

Well hopefully we have another Fight Club night near the end of the week. Littlefeather will organize one most likely. You can 1v1 to your hearts content.

TC

in WvW

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

To WM, you guys move like robots. Its a compliment btw.

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Stormwolf,
A Spartan is a person from the Greek city Sparta

Hmm actually it wasn’t a Greek city. It was a Spartan city.
The Greek cities had a different government and hence law system than the Spartans. The border between Greek land and Spartan land was drawn in the sand as is any two different nations.
They both fought wars against each other on more than a few occasions. Athens being the Cities of Greeces capital and Sparta being of the Spartans.
Much of the Greek empire was split after Alexander the Conqueror fell. For instance Macedonia and the Greek cities had quite a blood feud.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

To WM, you guys move like robots. Its a compliment btw.

WM kicks butt. For other commanders on Kain you should turn off your icon sometimes and just role with them to learn some things especially from their general Jan. They are truly well organized and money seems like no object. When they want a tower or keep very little seems to stop them from getting it. Not saying anything bad about other commander guilds because we do have good leaders. Chaster is also very good from SOS. I have seen some commanders where people dont even follow anymore because they take people to a tower and do nothing or hang out in the JP area while NSP and AR is fighting us hard in EB.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Jscull.2514

The correct answer is you guys don’t win when you run with less than 10 people. F A C T

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Rob.7624

I’ve got a 20 gold bet going on with a guildie.

I say Kaineng will not make it past tier 4.

He says they will go up to tier 2 or tier 1.

Would anyone else like to get in on this wager?

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

Stormwolf,
A Spartan is a person from the Greek city Sparta

Hmm actually it wasn’t a Greek city. It was a Spartan city.
The Greek cities had a different government and hence law system than the Spartans. The border between Greek land and Spartan land was drawn in the sand as is any two different nations.
They both fought wars against each other on more than a few occasions. Athens being the Cities of Greeces capital and Sparta being of the Spartans.
Much of the Greek empire was split after Alexander the Conqueror fell. For instance Macedonia and the Greek cities had quite a blood feud.

Well put. Even the movie 300 shows Spartan to be it’s own nation although allies of the Greeks against the Pursian onslaught.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Kaineng is a weaker version of Dragonbrand. Their Oceanic will make all the points for them while the NA plays defensive.

Next week will be a rude awakening for the NA player base. Tier 5 has already broken BP and DR, Kain might be the third. Their oceanics might carry them thru T5, same as Dragonbrand, but if they ever face T4 their oceanic advantage will be gone.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Good small mans should be able to handle larger numbers, I’ve seen Paxa do it. Sure its nice if you find a solid 5 Vs. 5 but the expectation that your going to find more and tune your skills to beat them is what being a small man is all about, has been sfor as long as I can remember. Also you have to realize its seems (not saying it is true) that Kain is gunning for AR more so then NSP so we have no choice but to run in larger groups to combat the Kain train. If NSP happens to get in the way with a 5 man, play your fingers to the bone and possibly pull a win, run away, or die.

in WvW

Jeda.5209

Absolutley no good answers as to why AR and Kain ONLY run in zergs….man up and run with your guild. If you lose…get better or don’t talk.

You must not be much good. Most skilled players love the challenge to take a 2v1 or 3v1 and win. Many of the original Kain members are used to it for when we were outnumbered by DR. If you looking for a duals or 5v5 battle maybe you should visit spvp. This is WVW, where anything goes. You going to have 1v1, 1v2, 5v5, 5v10, etc. Deal with it. Look forward to when you outnumbered and kill a squad with less. Post a video if you want to brag, but dont cry about being handed your own medicine judging by previous post that PAXA does the same thing.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

So much hate going on in this thread. I’m sensing a lock in the near future. Keep it up guys and we can make it happen.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

So much hate going on in this thread. I’m sensing a lock in the near future. Keep it up guys and we can make it happen.

Kinda sad too…we were doing so well. Ah well, good job all you NSP/AR folks fighting with everything you got! We love you!

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Jeda, let us know your guild. We will let you know if we see you in less than a group of 10.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Jscull.2514

It takes ZERO skill to run around with 10+ people. Everyone gets to hide behind everyone and press a couple buttons. There is ZERO coordination, no skill necessary, just numbers. So all you guys saying zerging is the wvw style, you choose style with no skill needed. Props

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

It takes ZERO skill to run around with 10+ people. Everyone gets to hide behind everyone and press a couple buttons. There is ZERO coordination, no skill necessary, just numbers. So all you guys saying zerging is the wvw style, you choose style with no skill needed. Props

Remember that next time your 5 man runs over a solo, you and I both know it has happened. I’m wiling to bet you didn’t even give it a second thought.

Since the dawn of 5/8 manning they have QQ’d about larger numbers (well not all) and in the same breath they will run over a solo without batting an eye.

Were fighting a huge force, this is probably the worst week you could expect to find an even 5 vs. 5.

Keep this in mind next time you come to call people out for numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Many postings that were against the rules that apply to this forum have been deleted. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues here, you have to do it in a constructive and respectful way. Here you can find a reminder to the rules, especially those that apply to this specific sub-forum.

If further postings are made that are not in accordance to these rules, this thread will be locked.

in WvW

osif.8673

Remember that next time your 5 man runs over a solo, you and I both know it has happened. I’m wiling to bet you didn’t even give it a second thought.

Since the dawn of 5/8 manning they have QQ’d about larger numbers (well not all) and in the same breath they will run over a solo without batting an eye.

Were fighting a huge force, this is probably the worst week you could expect to find an even 5 vs. 5.

I believe most people follow the “red is dead” frame of mind in WvW. You’re right, it isn’t skill whether you drop someone 5v1 or 20v5. I think Dylic was implying that there aren’t many small man groups running around, which is a disappointment to us. I just find it funny when I get zerged down while running solo and then get a /laugh. That always makes me smile!

[PAXA]

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Um, the week I was on their server didn’t seem like tier 3 quality. That doesn’t mean they don’t have the numbers to compete up there though. That means, sure, their mometum may slow down but they can always improve their tactics and skill levels to make it to higher tiers.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Rob.7624

Kinda sad too…we were doing so well. Ah well, good job all you NSP/AR folks fighting with everything you got! We love you!

No problem.
But I have to say, War Machine are a real machine.
I was filled with pure enjoyment today to finally be fighting a foe that just.. Gets it.
I didn’t even feel bad when your guys wiped out our pugs. Because you know. Our pugs really deserved it. If this game had a slap option, I would have probably slapped each and everyone of them, have them open their eyes and take notes.

Truly I tip my hat to you. Well played.

But on a side note. Yes, your overall play as a united server is much much better than ours.
But our lonesome guilds which include my guild and others, do indeed outplay you more times than we really should but unfortunately don’t have the numbers backing.

I’ll post a screenshot later on. But in NSP bl this evening, you were holding our garrison and we were wiped in the Lords room more than once.
But honestly, I ram around the stairway and jumped ontop of the Lords room. And destroyed every single bit of siege in that room as our zergs clashed.
No no no, this wasn’t unmanned siege. You’re guys didn’t even look up! Quick tricks like that are still keeping us in this fight.

I’m not sure why it is. But after fighting Devonas I have the feeling in the tier below some of these little ‘moves’ were never discovered or mass used. Or maybe you don’t deem them worthy. But anyway. I enjoyed it c:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

So many “up and coming” servers have shot up the rankings, morale soaring and numbers bursting, ready to take those suckers on top by storm…

and then imploded. They reach the middle tiers, lose the population advantage and face more experienced servers, and implode. Not saying this will happen to every server that starts going up, but yeah. It will be a test.

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Some good fun was had in our own BL last night. NSP had Hills and a few of us kept annoying them building trebs up in Stargrove camp to hit the walls and counter treb somewhat. No big group, just a few people. You guys zerged that camp 3 times to get us, lol. We just kept going back randomly. We even got two of your trebs up on the walls of Hills.

Good times

P.S.
A shout out to whoever you had on those trebs up at the Hills. They were deadly accurate!

TC

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I believe most people follow the “red is dead” frame of mind in WvW. You’re right, it isn’t skill whether you drop someone 5v1 or 20v5. I think Dylic was implying that there aren’t many small man groups running around, which is a disappointment to us. I just find it funny when I get zerged down while running solo and then get a /laugh. That always makes me smile!

Oh I agree with you on theres not many around, I used to 8man all the time in DAoC and small man when we didn’t have 8 so I can appreciate what your looking for. Its unfortunate but I honestly don’t have time to do the small man thing on a consistent basis. I would love to but it takes time to synergize, time I unfortunately do not have.

I’ll also agree that the /laugh emote should probably just be stripped from PvP, 9/10 its a terrible player that overwhelmed said person or persons with ridiculous numbers.

I’m just saying this week, I wouldn’t expect to see much of any small mans. Kain is to big and even if they tried I’m sure they would pick up 500-1000 straglers unintentionally, and AR well I think its safe to say were fighting as hard as we can with what we have, even if it means those people that like to try and small man are putting it aside for the week, server pride if you will.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No problem.
But I have to say, War Machine are a real machine.
I was filled with pure enjoyment today to finally be fighting a foe that just.. Gets it.
I didn’t even feel bad when your guys wiped out our pugs. Because you know. Our pugs really deserved it. If this game had a slap option, I would have probably slapped each and everyone of them, have them open their eyes and take notes.

Truly I tip my hat to you. Well played.

But on a side note. Yes, your overall play as a united server is much much better than ours.
But our lonesome guilds which include my guild and others, do indeed outplay you more times than we really should but unfortunately don’t have the numbers backing.

I’ll post a screenshot later on. But in NSP bl this evening, you were holding our garrison and we were wiped in the Lords room more than once.
But honestly, I ram around the stairway and jumped ontop of the Lords room. And destroyed every single bit of siege in that room as our zergs clashed.
No no no, this wasn’t unmanned siege. You’re guys didn’t even look up! Quick tricks like that are still keeping us in this fight.

I’m not sure why it is. But after fighting Devonas I have the feeling in the tier below some of these little ‘moves’ were never discovered or mass used. Or maybe you don’t deem them worthy. But anyway. I enjoyed it c:

Take into consideration that if there was a lot of people there then there was probably culling affect going on and they simply couldn’t see you.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Take into consideration that if there was a lot of people there then there was probably culling affect going on and they simply couldn’t see you.

To be fair, when defending Garri, there is NO reason to have not built ACs/Ballista up there in prep for defense regardless. That spot is seriously too perfect not to make use of it…but unfortunately we lack people willing to Defend and Maintain our Siege. These are, I think, the things these other Servers are noting. Presently all we’ve had to do to win is CHARGE!!! CHARGE!!!! CHARGE!!! What will we do when we’re on equal footing? Likely we’ll be 2v1’d decently often because our “Night Coverage” will be quite intimidating so to make up for it both will hit us in the day.

Our next Tier will be relatively difficult…but honestly with Maguuma gone by the time we get there, and BP and DR both weakened….I think it’ll basically be a repeat of this Tier except possibly with a little more numbers, just not much. After that…we will hit the brick wall until we get back in the “Tactics” game.

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

Normally it would be true that we would place siege where it needs to go if we had time. When NSP came to take their garri back we had just defended bay and made repairs right after we capped garri so we lacked time or supply to throw up a whole lot of siege where it needed to go. The fact that we wiped them a few times in the lords room felt like a miracle in itself. Hats off to my fellow kain that were with me fighting to the last man in there, and hats off to NSP for keeping the pressure by not giving us much time to relax and siege up.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

in WvW

Posted by: Reido Kyuuten.4709

Reido Kyuuten.4709

I agree with you since there seems to be a big gap between T5 and T4 atm so just getting to T4 will be trouble. But the inevitable transfers from BP, DR, and maybe still from DH might find their way to Kaineng. More T1-2 guilds may also see Kaineng coming up in the ranks and hop over. (Someone earlier said they do only have a ‘high population’ still.)

It might not have meant much for Kaineng to annihilate T7, but once people see them doing almost the same to T6, people unhappy with WvW on their servers will start bandwagoning more.

But then again T4 pretty much has 24hr coverage and better quality.

tldr: I DON’T KNOW, MAN! I WAS GOING TO SEE IF I COULD GET IN ON THE BET WITH YOUR FRIEND BUT NOW I’M SCARED. GET OFF MY KITTEN.

(edited by Reido Kyuuten.4709)

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Our next Tier will be relatively difficult…but honestly with Maguuma gone by the time we get there, and BP and DR both weakened….I think it’ll basically be a repeat of this Tier except possibly with a little more numbers, just not much. After that…we will hit the brick wall until we get back in the “Tactics” game.

Maguuma will be replaced with Emery Bay, which is twice as big.

-K

-K

(edited by Kodiack.2783)

in WvW

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

I dunno PAXA. Your 5 man group seems to be specifically specced /designed to take on small groups. Its kind of unfair to complain about fighting zergs, when you are poorly designed to do so (just as my group is poorly designed to take on groups such as yours).

I run a 5 man also [Six] but we are more specced for fighting against zerg forces, which we do exceptionally well.

We fought you a couple times last week 5 v 5 (actually you had 6 or 7 tho) and you slaughtered us.

We came up with a plan to give you a better fight, but it would force us to respec to a similar turtle style group, which we believe would diminish our zerg crushing style.

And the thought of turtle on turtle fighting just seemed kinda boring. Dunno , if more groups of your style start popping up we may be forced to.

For now if we meet you in the field, we will probly just run and seek a tactical advantage till we can thing of something other then using that turtle style.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Just because we don’t fraps movies of us killing 10+ with 5 or 6 doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen SIX.

We run nothing but cloth and medium armor classes. Turtle?

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Jeda.5209

Jeda, let us know your guild. We will let you know if we see you in less than a group of 10.

I run solo alot. So yea most of the time its 10 or less. Apparently, you can only run in a group, but since that group has only 5 you complain. Like I said go visit spvp if you want even numbers. I bet when u run in your group if you see 1 person you go out and kill that person even though you outnumber them. I guaranteed you dont say hey wait guys we outnumber that one person so leave him alone.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Jeda, Still no guild tag….

PAXA -GM