11/23 - Crystal v. Ehmry v. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

GJ all servers, had lots of fun tonight, Come to Maguuma BL, it’s where all the fun’s at apparently, seems like everyone knows maguuma is the place you need to be.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Victarion Graejoy.1234

Victarion Graejoy.1234

So Maguuma just went full cray, portal’d 12 golems and broke down both walls of SMC (from us, CD). Too bad Keep Lord destroyed them.

Nice push guys. Now Emhry trying to push.

in WvW

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

I was one of those CD players. There is a screen shot of the little Asuran in last weeks matchup thread. That was me…..from [LW]. I regret what happened at the “fight club” but it is what it is. I certainly do appreciate the hospitality while I was there. It is one thing to organize such an event. Keeping it civil is a total different beast.

Tonight, after getting beat down a few times by oppressive numbers, I learned a few new devious tricks from our “enemies”. If what I saw, and was once victim to, was intentional, then kudos to whoever thought that up. In my eyes it was brilliant. People in TS was all borderline /ragequit but I had to laugh.

It involves leaving a seemingly undefended and weakened structure available to attack. All the while you have your own trebs hitting that site. Truly brilliant.

/salute

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Did something happened between Mag and Ehmry in the past?

The love between the two servers is palpable.

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

I don’t know why we’re fighting cd again when they beat us by 110k points because they have way more players than us. This match-making system is terrible.

If you can’t beat us, join us.

I’m sorry, but Maguuma is probably the best organized, best comradery server there is. We just lack a force during Euro/Asian prime-time. During US prime time we beat you just fine. I love my server. I am still allowed to express a distaste for the #s game.

Opening day in CD BL we had the out-manned buff for the first 15 mins. We held East keep longer than anything else was held on the map. We became severely out-manned and lost it. We had people shooting through the walls killing siege. Yeah, gg. We held it anyway. It wasn’t until later on in the night that we finally lost it. It had no wp in it, with both CD and EB attacking, but our guys still got in, rezzed keeper, wiped bridge siege, rebuilt our siege. No, I don’t want to leave the server.

I saw that meatgrinder, I scouted it and told Ehmry to move on. 8+ superior arrow carts arranged in a circle around the perimeter of the lord room. You didn’t win on virtue of skill, you won on virtue of massed siege in locations out of LOS focusing on a single location you had to go through.

Was it a good idea and effective? Yes, Could any server do it easily? Yes. You zerged hills back from us tonight but we didn’t even set up a meat grinder because Ehmry’s nighttime pop is so low we just don’t have enough to even make that work.

You want skill, how about how we kept blue water all night long against masses of players until you literally had greater than 5:1 odds? Even with your CD group you have hitting Mag friendly targets and ignoring everything CD is doing you couldn’t take it till sheer numbers.

It’s a wide open camp folks. Wide open.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Having the proper siege preemptively placed is pretty much as skillful as you get in WvW. Anything else is just wasting time in comparison.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Did something happened between Mag and Ehmry in the past?

I’d tell you but they vigilantly report. So any truthful explanation would be removed for “server assassination”.

Lets put it this way. I have fought a good amount of servers. Some I have respect for and some I don’t. Maguuma is the only one I actually dislike because of the way they play. Crystal Desert by comparison is much more skilled and organized and it’s been a pleasure to face yall, nightcapping be kittened.

From Maguuma I learn gimmicks I can use to try and ride to success. From Crystal Desert I learn from organization and tactics. Yall play well and smart and facing yall makes us better players. That’s the PC version of it anyhows. As I said I can’t fully say it.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Gimmicks like being in imaginary alliances.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Speaking of siege, I’m very impressed by the amount of superior siege that Ehmry is using. On CD, we have a metric load of normal siege but rarely any superior.

in WvW

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

I don’t know why we’re fighting cd again when they beat us by 110k points because they have way more players than us. This match-making system is terrible.

I’m sorry, but Maguuma is probably the best organized, best comradery server there is. We just lack a force during Euro/Asian prime-time. During US prime time we beat you just fine. I love my server. I am still allowed to express a distaste for the #s game.

Opening day in CD BL we had the out-manned buff for the first 15 mins. We held East keep longer than anything else was held on the map. We became severely out-manned and lost it. We had people shooting through the walls killing siege. Yeah, gg. We held it anyway. It wasn’t until later on in the night that we finally lost it. It had no wp in it, with both CD and EB attacking, but our guys still got in, rezzed keeper, wiped bridge siege, rebuilt our siege. No, I don’t want to leave the server.

I saw that meatgrinder, I scouted it and told Ehmry to move on. 8+ superior arrow carts arranged in a circle around the perimeter of the lord room. You didn’t win on virtue of skill, you won on virtue of massed siege in locations out of LOS focusing on a single location you had to go through.

Was it a good idea and effective? Yes, Could any server do it easily? Yes. You zerged hills back from us tonight but we didn’t even set up a meat grinder because Ehmry’s nighttime pop is so low we just don’t have enough to even make that work.

Backpedalling to the max. Your pop isn’t that bad and you know it. Your server just doesn’t have what it takes to drop superior siege to hold something, or the coordination to make it a priority.

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Mag generally doesn’t drop superior siege, it’s not a normal thing we do. Just sayin’.

We do drop a metric ton of normal siege though.

in WvW

Zinthros.6589

Mag generally doesn’t drop superior siege, it’s not a normal thing we do. Just sayin’.

Yeah, we pop it for important things like keep and garrison. EB and CD don’t pop it at all. Hell, the other day CD was running around with a 100 man zerg chopping gates down bare-handed in Eternal. That’s why they’re the lowest ranked of the “24/7 queues” servers. It’s funny because they’re also incredibly tryhard. Only 2-3 CD showed up for fight club, and they repeatedly tried to crash it screaming “NO FUN ALLOWED!” Must be frustrating to take WvW that seriously but also be so awful at it.

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

The guilds drop superior siege on CD but the puggers don’t. Join a good guild and all you will see is superior siege.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Zinthros.6589

The guilds drop superior siege on CD but the puggers don’t. Join a good guild and all you will see is superior siege.

Looks to me like 90+% of your server’s WvW players are puggers, with the way they just melee’d down doors on Eternal last night.

in WvW

TheFug.5278

Looks to me like 90+% of your server’s WvW players are puggers, with the way they just melee’d down doors on Eternal last night.

Don’t knock it if it works, because we are in the lead by quite a bit.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

Having a lot of people certainly does work. I think other servers should attempt this strategy of tossing endless corpses at gates.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Our ancestors built this wall, using ancient stones from the bosom of Tyria herself. And with a little Maguuman help, your scouts provided the mortar.

in WvW

TheFug.5278

You can say that we have a lot of people, but my guild has been taking objectives against far superior numbers all day, as well as beating you guys in open field combat until you show up with 45 man zergs (and spam laugh ofcourse).

So you can sit here and feel all high and might because the “CD” zerg killed you, but your confirmation bias is showing.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

WvW is always a numbers game when you need team effort and coordination, something you can never do without the sufficient numbers.

We have been outnumbered against other servers before but us not getting the numbers should not discredit the other servers for winning over us. Instead of asking them to reduce their number to fight us, we should probably increase our own numbers to fight them.

As for the “fight club”, shouldn’t it be done in SPVP? You can’t set your own rules in WvW and expect EVERYONE to follow. There are specific avenues for you to play with those set of rules, if you choose to play SPVP in a WvW environment, chances are there will always be people opposing to what you do and there is little you can complain about.

What constitute a no-fun guild? Not having fight club? Its subjective, to me having fun with server mates is to secure our objectives and win the game, not having some personal fun 1v1-ing in a WvW environment.

Those are my personal opinions.

BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

This is rude talk and it is ruining my gameplay experience please stop ruining my gameplay experience,thankyou.

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

“No fun guilds”, lol. They probably had more fun fighting both you and DH when crashing the fight club instead of PvDooring while you guys were busy with the fight club.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Yeah, we pop it for important things like keep and garrison. EB and CD don’t pop it at all. Hell, the other day CD was running around with a 100 man zerg chopping gates down bare-handed in Eternal. That’s why they’re the lowest ranked of the “24/7 queues” servers. It’s funny because they’re also incredibly tryhard. Only 2-3 CD showed up for fight club, and they repeatedly tried to crash it screaming “NO FUN ALLOWED!” Must be frustrating to take WvW that seriously but also be so awful at it.

24/7 queues? It’s fun playing make believe, but lets try to keep the forum discussion based on facts. CD has never had queues outside of Friday night in EB, even when we were in Tier 2.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Oh Mag..bunch of whiners you are.

Well here’s a twist. I’m pretty sure Mag is the most laid back server on the planet.

in WvW

Posted by: Draziert.9508

Draziert.9508

All I’ll say is that it’s worrying that someone who has to exaggerate that much is a guild leader of a WvW guild – I’d have thought a more objective person might suit the role better. I logged on around 10 pm server time today (which I’d have thought would fall within the NA prime time) and found no queue for any of the Borderlands nor Eternal Battlegrounds.

That said, he does raise a semi-valid point. A fair bit of players on CD do seem to rely a little too heavily on Commanders or other players setting down sieges to the extent that they’d attack even Reinforced Gates barehanded while getting mauled down by enemy arrow carts, until someone finally decides to set up a siege. This is one area we should really look to improve on, and hopefully get it rectified by having the various guilds discuss the importance of this with their members. I’m a guildless player who does WvW for fun sometimes and even so, I carry with me blueprints ranging from arrow carts and rams to Alpha Siege Golems so there’s no excuse for more WvW-focused players not to carry any – even if you donate some to your guild commanders.

Do keep in mind that while CD has a few WvW-focused guilds, a decent proportion of the population you see in WvW come from random people who are trying out WvW for fun or simply to take a break from PvE (which CD probably has the most focus on out of the higher Tier servers) , so I think it’d be unrealistic to expect perfect strategies or a ton of small-numbered roaming groups from us – which is yet another area we can improve on since it actually generates more points.

Oh Mag..bunch of whiners you are.

Well here’s a twist. I’m pretty sure Mag is the most laid back server on the planet.

Agreed. We’d all do well not to let one or two bad eggs from each server tarnish our views of the server. Let’s enjoy the battles for the rest of the week!

The Mythical Dragons [MYTH]
Jade Quarry

(edited by Draziert.9508)

in WvW

TheFug.5278

We’ve been popping superior siege all day – you must not notice because your keeps fall to fast.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

You can say that we have a lot of people, but my guild has been taking objectives against far superior numbers all day, as well as beating you guys in open field combat until you show up with 45 man zergs (and spam laugh ofcourse).

So you can sit here and feel all high and might because the “CD” zerg killed you, but your confirmation bias is showing.

This sort of attitude is the other reason we don’t like Maguuma. It’s present in the way they play as well as the forums. CD is a far cry from a zerg server with the exception of high early morning population. Mid day they compare nothing to how NSP used to be, which was 50 man zerg all day every day.

I have a great respect for CD atm, you guys are the first server I’ve faced that really felt higher tier. I just wish we had the off hours population to give you a better fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Endorin.3109

Endorin.3109

To all the Maguuma players that were playing few hours ago defending their border, especially at longview and garrison .

I had loads of fun, thanks.

Vizard/Violét Darkheart .
Maestro of Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA].

in WvW

TheFug.5278

Yep, that was some good defense in the Garrison this morning and tons of fun for us at CD – you definitely made a few of us rage a bit and really have to spend a lot burning siege. Great fight!

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: RobAtrax.5326

RobAtrax.5326

Backpedalling to the max. Your pop isn’t that bad and you know it. Your server just doesn’t have what it takes to drop superior siege to hold something, or the coordination to make it a priority.

I was playing when we lost the hills (EB) we had a total of maybe 12 ppl in the whole BL. He wasnt backpedaling. We managed to hold our own outnumbered for hours, and it was fun beating back the large zerg’s but it was only a matter of time. 12 or so ppl cant be everywhere and defend everything. was much fun anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

To the CD invaders who pretty much finished wiping Maguuma borderlands by taking NE tower : Who ever chased the mesmer (me) off the cliff to the small ledge and three fell to their deaths next to me, then the one who survived but i pulled off with focus and the warrior who I killed and he proceeded to use vengance to drop off the cliff (?)

Got frustrated enough with Crucible of Eternity runs today. I dont know if you guys were trolling, but you guys made my night For this I thank you. I am by no means trying to bash anyone but I was sincerely crying from laughter

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

Hey Ehmry Bay, good playing tonight. I have been on most of the night, and see that your forces are actually quite small, but you guys really held on and capped a few objectives!

It was really fun too when the 30+ man Maguuma zerg tried to take over dreaming bay, and we only had 3 ppl! It was a rush as we tried to build the arrow carts and held off the invaders. Luckily a few people responded to our call and we managed to kill off most of the zerg. After that though, Dreaming Bay just became everyone’s kitten as it flipped and flopped sides.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Bones.5762

This sort of attitude is the other reason we don’t like Maguuma. It’s present in the way they play as well as the forums. CD is a far cry from a zerg server with the exception of high early morning population. Mid day they compare nothing to how NSP used to be, which was 50 man zerg all day every day.

I have a great respect for CD atm, you guys are the first server I’ve faced that really felt higher tier. I just wish we had the off hours population to give you a better fight.

Not quite sure why you’re dissing Maguuma when you quoted a CD player, but i’m just going to assume like you too that you’re a biased EB player who’s stuck in past conflicts.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Hahaha, that guy has been mistaken as EB and Maguuma now. Poor him. Also, you can’t deny that you have numbers when you have enough to take garrison and east keep on our borderlands en masse at the same time. Not a zerg server? Guess I don’t know what a zerg server is :v

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Yep, that was some good defense in the Garrison this morning and tons of fun for us at CD – you definitely made a few of us rage a bit and really have to spend a lot burning siege. Great fight!

Just one thing. Is there a reason you keep hitting our borderland so hard and leave Ehmry’s alone until after everything red gets wiped out?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

EBay shure likes to turtal this week.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I as a person find Goons to be an annoyance that is tolerated, and at worst scorned. That’s my opinion and view.

‘Goon’ isn’t a qualifier, a qualifier is something that validates a statement. My use of ‘Goon’ is clearly a detraction, as it sets aside part of the Maguuma community from the others as deserving blame for aggression towards their server.

Goons aside, I think your server is great, Maguuma!

Please share with us your story of playing on Maguuma that made you feel this way. I gotta love you people who are broken enough to think this.

Just one thing. Is there a reason you keep hitting our borderland so hard and leave Ehmry’s alone until after everything red gets wiped out?

Came here to post that question too. Is there also a reason EBay never cleans up their on BL before coming on Maguuma’s? Like, I don’t really care that you do, it’s just a head scratcher.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Because they don’t like us…that part is obvious, we just don’t know why CD doesn’t like us. The other borderlands are normally mostly their respective colors anyway. Ours is the warzone of death

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Oh yeah, because everyone likes death!

in WvW

Bones.5762

TBH the number of players maguuma fields out matches that of kaineg (T8 server) comparing prime time wise that is, which is only enough for 2 almost full borderlands if even. Yes i came from kaineg so i know from personal experience. The only thing that maguuma seems to have that is relatively better than Kaineg is off hour coverages, like 8am-4pm, but it’s not even that much better because CD has better off shift coverage from the looks of it.

Both EB and CD seems to be able to field enough players for 3 bl evenly spread with no que, but numbering around 40-50 players.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

I mean christ guys, is it “get Maguuma week” or what?

Attachments:

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Honestly, I would target Maguuma too.

in WvW

Bones.5762

Honestly, I would target Maguuma too.

There is no would, it’s happening as we speak.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Because they don’t like us…that part is obvious, we just don’t know why CD doesn’t like us. The other borderlands are normally mostly their respective colors anyway. Ours is the warzone of death

CD is a centralized robotic brain. This is why they zerg with such efficiency and have no idea what fun really is. It also why they focus on Mag the moast. The robotic brain has used an algorithm to calculate its greatest threat, and with EBay turtaling this match its biggest threat is Mag.

[SU]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I didn’t know we were still a threat…I guess that’s a compliment, so thanks :v

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I’m surprised that you’re all surprised everybody is up in Mag’s business. Look who we’re fighting. No biggie, more people to kill.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

There is no would, it’s happening as we speak.

Oh yeah, I know it’s happening and I’m not imagining it. I guess it does make more sense to attack the BL that doesn’t have 40-50man zergs running around at 5am EST.

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

I disagree with the Ebay turtling comment. I have personally been involved in multiple groups in all the borderlands and eternal. The problem is that, whenever we seem to make headway into eternal and recover “our land”, CD starts trebing quentin and durios. Before any of you go on a “there are ways to counter that” rant, I would like to point out that we just do not have the man power. If we put a treb up in durios (because we cannot hit the CD treb from quentin), the CD treb takes it down immediately. If we place it just right so it can’t be targeted easily, CD just bum rushes it with a huge zerg. And attacking a fully upgraded stonemist with days worth of defensive siege with even numbers, forget about it. So I dont think we are turtling, we are just trying to take what we can. Whenever we try to take more, we are rebuffed either before we can upgrade it or at US night when we have very few players.

Maguuma WvW

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Not quite sure why you’re dissing Maguuma when you quoted a CD player, but i’m just going to assume like you too that you’re a biased EB player who’s stuck in past conflicts.

It makes sense if you understand context. The CD gentleman I quoted understands what I’m talking about since it was in regard to what he was responding too.

in WvW

Deathdom.8250

Eh, personally I think its less hate and more taking advantage of an opportunity. Just look at our matchup with TC and YB. We were the server that had easier targets so both TC and YB turned our BL into a warzone while theirs stayed the same color.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I get that part, but at a certain point we become less easy because we’re compressed into so little territory. Doesn’t seem to make a difference, though. The first time I saw CD go after EB was today when we were completely wiped off of our own BL by a massive zerg.