11/23 - Crystal v. Ehmry v. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

“Anyway, I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of a case where the bottom two servers have successfully double teamed the top server and actually made a difference.” -saiyr

Not to get off-topic but this is a serious problem in my mind. I’m not sure if it is just the “get points at any cost” mentality that prevents this from happening or what? What makes me think this is as follows. It seems like the game was relatively even until the weekdays started. I posit that this is because, during the weekdays, CD gets a full night of capping and upgrading and, therefore, has the strongest positions come NA primetime. This would discourage the other two servers, Ehmry and Maguuma in this case, from wanting to waste the time and resources of hitting those fortified targets when a recently captured point by the other weaker server is open. I suppose this is an inherent flaw in the system of WvWvW, yet theoretically it should be surmountable with a concerted effort by the other servers. I think the larger issue that prevents this from happening is that servers cannot easily talk with each other. I suggested a few days ago to attack CD more often than each other but how many people does that message reach → actually care → share with people in game → are obeyed by most of the server? The GW2 server to server chat is equatable to a game of whisper down the lane played with a mob of shouting individuals in which 95% of them do not care if they hear your message and in which the other 5% half-heartedly try to get the message to an enemy commander all the way at the end of the line while keeping the original message and intent intact.

Maguuma WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

Time for score update:
Crystal Desert – 127,016 +140
Ehmry Bay – 75,161 +345
Maguuma is in 3rd place.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: THM.2036

THM.2036

The GW2 server to server chat is equatable to a game of whisper down the lane played with a mob of shouting individuals in which 95% of them do not care if they hear your message and in which the other 5% half-heartedly try to get the message to an enemy commander all the way at the end of the line while keeping the original message and intent intact.

Firstly I’m from CD, and play in offpeak (from Australia).

I’ve never noticed this. Granted I don’t play WvWvW a lot. Mostly PvE. Only really play WvWvW to get the monthly achievements. However, when I play (once every 3-4 days for 1-2 hours) people generally do follow instructions in chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Next matchup, the same 3 server in the same 3 spots. Will Ebay wise up and focus in CD’s BL instead of Maguuma’s BL next time?

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

No, nor will we leave their supply camps alone :P The trend will continue until Darkhaven replaces us.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Phatal One.8069

Phatal One.8069

Just had to give props to the Maguuma thief that was able to keep my small camp team from capping Greenvale until your reinforcements showed up. You made me really wish I had wider AOE on my necro. I would have saluted you but your teammates were busy bashing my skull in…

Phatal One – Mesmer
Unseen Spectacle – Necromancer
[FATE] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

My first fight…man I remember it like it was yesterday….because it was yesterday.

I was SO nervous, deep down I didn’t want to fight but my opponent REALLY angered me so I knew I had to throw down, it was inevitable. It started of with a little yelling back and forth, the clash of opinions I guess, and then I just threw a punch and it connected right on the nose. I don’t even remember throwing the punch, it was like my body just reacted before I could think of the consequences. But, I threw a punch and connected on the nose…the fight was on and my opponent was NOT scared.

I threw another punch but missed, barely, but got countered by a pretty hard punch to the throat. No clue if they were aiming for the throat but if not then it was still effective because it hurt quite a bit. I had trouble catching my breathe and I tried to play defense for a bit until I got my bearings straight. My opponent saw that I was in a weakened state and I knew they were going to try to take advantage of it and I was ready. I ducked the punch and threw a nasty counter right into the jaw, my opponent fell like a ton of bricks.

I jumped on top and just started pounding. there was no real coordination or aim to my punches, I think I just closed my eyes and just swung as fast as I could and for as long as I could. I finally opened my eyes and looked down and my opponent is just battered. Busted lip, bloody nose, black eye swollen shut, cut above the other eye and they were pleading for me to stop. Out of adrenaline, I threw a few more punches to prove I am not afraid of them and stood up and felt like the MAN. I felt taller, stronger and smarter then ever before. Being in a fight really tell you a lot about yourself.

I felt really bad shortly after the fight, I mean in the end she is my Mother and I love her. But don’t you EVER turn my monitor off during a Golem rush, I don’t care how angry you are.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I dare cd/ebay to 1v1. Heck even 2v1. They’re revelling in our depleted number matches. Our pve community backs out when we’re down in score, despite us giving them realm bonuses by never giving up. We do new things everyday. We all learn from each other. It’s hella fun, but zerg vs 1 guy is hilarious.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

I dare cd/ebay to 1v1. Heck even 2v1. They’re revelling in our depleted number matches. Our pve community backs out when we’re down in score, despite us giving them realm bonuses by never giving up. We do new things everyday. We all learn from each other. It’s hella fun, but zerg vs 1 guy is hilarious.

Let me guess, a D/D ele talking kitten and acting like they are great because they can faceroll their keyboard and win a 1v1, a 2v1, a 3v1, a 4v1 and a 5v1.

signed – someone who has a d/d ele and doesn’t challenge other people in a 2v1 in an attempt to prove “skill”

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Don’t hate…Leafy was D/D’in before it was cool but seriously, let’s fight club. Who’s in?

Most amusing moment yesterday was during CD’s East Keep assault. I was standing near the north entrance staring at a warrior staring back at me. We were both deciding whether or not we would 1v1 and I was totally trash talking him on Mumble. Then a Mesmer appeared out of invisibility and exploded a bunch of clones in my face and I died. I guess the spy forwarded my trash talking to them :v

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

Let me guess, a D/D ele talking kitten and acting like they are great because they can faceroll their keyboard and win a 1v1, a 2v1, a 3v1, a 4v1 and a 5v1.

signed – someone who has a d/d ele and doesn’t challenge other people in a 2v1 in an attempt to prove “skill”

This is an ironic post because you’re showing how bad you are if you think d/d Ele is some sort of 1v1 god.

in WvW

TheFug.5278

This is an ironic post because you’re showing how bad you are if you think d/d Ele is some sort of 1v1 god.

I don’t think you know what irony means.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Lol good one. d/d ele is too mainstream nowadays

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

oh..the irony

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I was ironing earlier this evening.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

My first fight…man I remember it like it was yesterday….because it was yesterday.

I was SO nervous, deep down I didn’t want to fight but my opponent REALLY angered me so I knew I had to throw down, it was inevitable. It started of with a little yelling back and forth, the clash of opinions I guess, and then I just threw a punch and it connected right on the nose. I don’t even remember throwing the punch, it was like my body just reacted before I could think of the consequences. But, I threw a punch and connected on the nose…the fight was on and my opponent was NOT scared.

I threw another punch but missed, barely, but got countered by a pretty hard punch to the throat. No clue if they were aiming for the throat but if not then it was still effective because it hurt quite a bit. I had trouble catching my breathe and I tried to play defense for a bit until I got my bearings straight. My opponent saw that I was in a weakened state and I knew they were going to try to take advantage of it and I was ready. I ducked the punch and threw a nasty counter right into the jaw, my opponent fell like a ton of bricks.

I jumped on top and just started pounding. there was no real coordination or aim to my punches, I think I just closed my eyes and just swung as fast as I could and for as long as I could. I finally opened my eyes and looked down and my opponent is just battered. Busted lip, bloody nose, black eye swollen shut, cut above the other eye and they were pleading for me to stop. Out of adrenaline, I threw a few more punches to prove I am not afraid of them and stood up and felt like the MAN. I felt taller, stronger and smarter then ever before. Being in a fight really tell you a lot about yourself.

I felt really bad shortly after the fight, I mean in the end she is my Mother and I love her. But don’t you EVER turn my monitor off during a Golem rush, I don’t care how angry you are.

Best post here so far!!!!

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Norrick.5091

Norrick.5091

All I can say this fight for SM is INSANE, So much fun and well EPIC. This stuff is why i play this game. Its been going on for howlong now? 2 hours?

in WvW

Posted by: sinthetix.8765

sinthetix.8765

smc fight was aweeeeeesome!

Nocturne of Thix, Lime Overlord and Community Leader of Tonic: www.obeythelime.com

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

It still is awesome, CD and Ebay are trying to force out Maguuma. Not sure if they are working together, I doubt they are, but 1 tunnel is all CD and the other Ebay. Just saying.

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

I’m from CD and we have no alliance with either, and we weren’t working with Ebay, it was just a huge cluster fight for SMC, and what a fight it was!

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

Posted by: DJZephyr.4921

DJZephyr.4921

@ hobbes: When CD had SMC (for all of maybe a half hour… tops), I saw E.Bay in one tunnel and Maguuma in the other, so no alliances in this fight yet. That castle kept flippin like a supply camp, tho, epic fighting all around.

Read the whole post or DO NOT REPLY.
Zeppillin (Eng), Neudel (Rngr)- Crystal Desert

in WvW

Bones.5762

Alliance??? That’s heirachy!!!! now quick farm em for badges before they decide that SMC isn’t going to be worth it.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Next matchup, the same 3 server in the same 3 spots. Will Ebay wise up and focus in CD’s BL instead of Maguuma’s BL next time?

We can’t yall won’t let us. Perfect example is today we had a significant chance to take Crystal Desert Bay keep. But Maguuma kept fielding a 20 man gank group against us and back slammed us every time we pushed out of vale camp. During this 2 hour fiasco (tons of bags btw :P) The amount of supply camps I noticed flipped by maguuma that green owned? 1.

We eventually got tired of it despite the plentiful kills and LOL worthy supply camp defense. We set out and busted into stonemist castle. Broke through outer wall and inner gate and were pushed to the lord room. Crystal Desert harried us at first but got smart and stopped. Then Maguuma back slams us and allows Crysatal Desert to waltz in comparatively completely unopposed while we are dealing with them.

If you would play the long game for once you could do things like grab points from Crystal Desert while we have them busy keeping DB or let both sides meet inside the lord room and kill them both.

It’s also kind of obvious when we switch borderlands and no matter who we target the same groups of 20-40 follow us around. This group of 20-40 not achieving anything worthwhile point-wise, but merely attacking us any time we do things.

I’m sorry but yall just make it painfully obvious.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It’s also kind of obvious when we switch borderlands and no matter who we target the same groups of 20-40 follow us around. This group of 20-40 not achieving anything worthwhile point-wise, but merely attacking us any time we do things.

If that’s true then I guarantee you it’s not the Mumble group, so it must be an organized guild or you’re just imagining things.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

Yes. We have spies following you, and only you, around differing borderlands. You specifically are that important to the Maguuman war front. We have been figured out.

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

Heres a picture of today’s SM fight from around the time when Maguuma was holding the lord room vs Ebay and CD. Its probably not the best picture, but gives a good illustration of how neat it was to see Ebay running down one hallway and CD down the other

Great effort from all, and it was great fun guys!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

lol take a step back and listen to yourself. if you dont see how ridiculous that sounds, then you just re-enforce emerybay’s reputation.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

If that’s true then I guarantee you it’s not the Mumble group, so it must be an organized guild or you’re just imagining things.

I have no personal bias against Goon aside from what I’ve heard, but Goon is almost always a significant fraction of them. I can keep watch and try to place the other guilds if you wish.

Yes. We have spies following you, and only you, around differing borderlands. You specifically are that important to the Maguuman war front. We have been figured out.

As they consistently engage us they are not spies :P.

lol take a step back and listen to yourself. if you dont see how ridiculous that sounds, then you just re-enforce emerybay’s reputation.

It doesn’t just sound ridiculous, it is ridiculous. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment and give me the benefit of the doubt that it may be true. What would you say? I’m as clueless as you why folks would do something like that. I mean I understand why, but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I have no personal bias against Goon aside from what I’ve heard, but Goon is almost always a significant fraction of them. I can keep watch and try to place the other guilds if you wish.

Ok, that is really ridiculous, GOON rarely ever has organized WvW groups, much less 20-40. I might buy 5-10, but I doubt they are the same people.

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

That SM battle wasnt cool, so lagged no skills would work, never saw enemy or friendly players render, and I wasnt even at SM battle…

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

‘this game should facilitate commanders from other servers talking to each other over servers’

They already barely talk to each other on the same server. Giving players a channel to rage and trash talk at each other through wouldn’t help in the slightest. If you want to gang up against the king of the hill then find out their teamspeak info(s) and negotiate it there. If you can’t be bothered to do that then you just need to get into overflows and then ask somebody from their server for the name of a WvW commander and there you go. If you’ve got your commanders whispering their commanders that is the maximum cross server cooperation you’d get through any other method but without the built in grief potential.

Doesn’t really matter though, servers have had direct communications like this available and it doesn’t change the battlefield much. I’m thinking back with the triple orb buff but that wouldn’t change the nature of this situation.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

So just now 10-15 Mags got into our keep in eb. No walls down, no gates down including water, and according to other players on, they werent down earlier either. Explain?

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

So just now 10-15 Mags got into our keep in eb. No walls down, no gates down including water, and according to other players on, they werent down earlier either. Explain?

I’m posting 10 minutes after this post, and all 3 keeps in eternal borderlands are controlled by their own server and all 3 keeps have the waypoint upgrade. What keep exactly are you talking about because we haven’t taken control of any of your keeps.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Ok, that is really ridiculous, GOON rarely ever has organized WvW groups, much less 20-40. I might buy 5-10, but I doubt they are the same people.

You asked, I told you. I’m not trying to make sense of it. It just is.

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

I’m posting 10 minutes after this post, and all 3 keeps in eternal borderlands are controlled by their own server and all 3 keeps have the waypoint upgrade. What keep exactly are you talking about because we haven’t taken control of any of your keeps.

I’m from CD so lowlands. Those 10-15 seemed very unorganized however and were wiped out pretty quick. It was also weird that the defend our keep event never popped up and we were still able to use wp. The only reason we even knew they were there was being a few people saw them + the orange swords appearing on the map.
On a side note, you guys sure want SMC back since its getting constantly trebbed by you guys.

(edited by Deathdom.8250)

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

I’m starting to get tired of seeing so many thieves. The % of thieves keeps growing. The number of mesmers is subtly growing as well.

Crystal Desert surprises me though, they field different combos. Was a guardian train escorting a pair of golems otw to a doomed hills keep attempt. Yall were a pain to deal with :p. Luckily your group split while portaling the golems back and we caught ya piece meal.

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in WvW

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

Got to love Goon, bunch of kittens, one guardian could not take care of two thiefs so he TP’s to come back with his friend. LOLOLOL

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

On a side note, you guys sure want SMC back since its getting constantly trebbed by you guys.

Anybody that isn’t pounding another servers SM with trebs 24/7 is doing eternal battlegrounds wrong. Can treb that place from absolutely everywhere with minimal effort.

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Got to love Goon, bunch of kittens, one guardian could not take care of two thiefs so he TP’s to come back with his friend. LOLOLOL

are you even serious

lol

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

And you are from…?

in WvW

TheFug.5278

I have never seen more than a few GOONS making up a small portion of the Maguuma force, so I still do not know why people are still talking about you guys as if you are some giant all encompassing zerg.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

Posted by: Arsilon.5467

Arsilon.5467

I have never seen more than a few GOONS making up a small portion of the Maguuma force, so I still do not know why people are still talking about you guys as if you are some giant all encompassing zerg.

Haha! I get it! The reason no one ever seems to see GOON’s on Maguuma is because they are all on other servers playing spoiler!

Tin Foil Hat theory finally explained!!!

Ehmry Bay
The Purge [PURG]
thepurge.net

in WvW

Posted by: Nihilas.5374

Nihilas.5374

Just had to give props to the Maguuma thief that was able to keep my small camp team from capping Greenvale until your reinforcements showed up. You made me really wish I had wider AOE on my necro. I would have saluted you but your teammates were busy bashing my skull in…

Just Glad That Your team Stayed on.. To Get Ur Skulls Bashed.. =P

[WoT] – Maguuma
Thief -Ayranis, Guardian-SevenOfNines
“Even Pubbies Watch The Mini Map”

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Haha! I get it! The reason no one ever seems to see GOON’s on Maguuma is because they are all on other servers playing spoiler!

Tin Foil Hat theory finally explained!!!

What

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

They need a driving force to hate us so much and that’s what they picked :v

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Do you realize how easy it is to get into any keep? I can literally get into any keep using my space bar.

Your space bar macros are not fair, good sir!

[SU]

in WvW

Bones.5762

Do you realize how easy it is to get into any keep? I can literally get into any keep using my space bar.

Your space bar macros are not fair, good sir!

We Maguumans rival god himself. We can walk through walls on a whim.

Thy lord won’t asketh of thee, thy lord shall taketh from thee.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

To be fair you can get in Eternal Green Keep’s inner with only using Babbies 1st Jumping Puzzle level jumps.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

And we’re stuck with these same three teams 3 games in a row, and probably more. They said that they’re supposed to even themselves out, but they aren’t. At all.

I’ve spent more time watching EBay do it but to my understanding you’re both turtling really hard to try and hold keeps. You’re succeeding. Thus you’re not going to move down and CD isn’t going to move up very fast. That’s kind of how it works.

Besides, our little 15 dude groups trying to break into your keeps simply can’t be having as much fun as the thirty of you in there blocking out the sun with your arrows (carts,) or is it only EBay that pulls that one?

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

If there’s 30 dudes in a keep, and they notice only 15 dudes attacking, those 30 dudes aren’t sitting inside their keep any longer. They’ll come wipe you out. Just saying.