Attachments:

ruby
[SONG]

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Midnight US time on a sunday.

Excuse me, 1 am for most of us (Os Guild lives on the east coast mainly.)

Not night capping. Good show.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

(edited by Toble.2968)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Raific.4652

Raific.4652

As a commander of DB I normally choose to attack DH the first placed server during the match. However, tonight we pushed NSP first simply because we are getting annoyed of the double teaming. I will continue to do the same every night till it stops. You will notice the proof of this by the widening gap between DB and NSP. So your strategy is not working. Either way, DB has stood their ground on their own. We do not need to double team on another server to win or get where we are.

I love paranoid people and good conspiracies! Someone said the following on our TS the other day and I thought it was hysterical: “They think we are coordinating perfect attacks with other servers when we can’t even coordinate attacks with our own!” I believe you give us too much credit. :p

Each server will always think they are the victim. I guess it is how the gaming world is. If “you” win, it is skill. If “they” win, there is some other reason that victory was stolen from ya.

Please do continue to attack us because we will be attacking you… and DH. Don’t take it personal, its all for fun.

Guild Officer, Supply and Demand [SAnD]
Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

As someone on NSP last night at the tail end of the “double teaming,” I was actively encouraging pressure on DB instead of DH because pushing DB off the map entirely, and delaying their Oceanic crew from starting their pushback makes it more likely we can hold something overnight.

Sadly, the only server profiting so far is DH since it helps them secure first place :p

Well it also changes some strategy as well. With DH in first, DB is better off attacking DH than NSP because they gain both point denial and point gain by focusing on them. When DB was in first, point denial still had value, but it was more important for them to build up as many points as they could, so they’d be best off attacking targets based upon best opportunity instead. Also, it was a slightly different tactic than had been taken last week, and what we did last week evidently didn’t work so there was no real loss if this method doesn’t pan out either.

Somewhat ironically, DH might have been better off allowing NSP to keep SM earlier this evening as it was fairly far down the upgrade path, and better equipped to defend against DB’s night crew. With DH taking it and resetting it to unupgraded, it’ll probably be easy pickings for DB now (if they haven’t already taken it).

It could work, except it seems to me, you’re being a bit overzealous:) You push DB too hard, and then DH swoops in and takes everything too quickly during NA prime time. Not to mention DH produces big golem train/zerg every now and then and sweeps through the land anyway even without your help. Then, once there is no more DB they go to your own BL and kill your point gain there for a while before going to bed. You’re giving DH more time to get more during their prime time and that more comes from NSP.

It doesn’t seem to be working thus far, but it had to be tried to be tested. The thing about allowing DH prime time to work is that NSP has more of a presence during DH’s high population times, so at least we have a chance to fight back when they’re taking things. If we could just hold out a little overnight one night, we’d have a good foothold for reclaiming things from DB in the morning, and might be able to slip in points between DB slowing down and DH actually coming in.

I know it’s a bit overlooked that NSP seems to get up earlier than DH and does a fair bit of work reclaiming the night cap stuff. NSP’s real problem isn’t that they never hold a point gain lead, or that they don’t hold it long enough. NSP’s problem is that when we hold that lead, we can’t run it up enough to regain lost ground. We’re usually only up by 20-100 points on one server when we’re up while the others frequently will see 200+ margins.

But even with what looks like consecutive losses, this has definitely been a great two matchups. Unfortunately, it looks like Borlis Pass could knock NSP back down to T6 next week (I guess I’ll be able to get my map completion on my necro…) and could bump Ehmry Bay down into T5. If the match ended at this very moment we’d have a another week of this alignment, but NSP’s holding a 34 point advantage on Borlis Pass and Ehmry Bay’s clinging to a 30 point lead over Darkhaven.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Which server has better activity during 7pm to 2am Pacific Standard time DH or DB? Group of about 10 friends picked the game up and looking for a home, most of us are Pacific/Mountain time. A few have to transfer so want to make the right choice, thanks in advance. Maybe someone has a screenshot of 10pm & 1am PST Score?

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Raific.4652

I cannot wait til they lock servers down.

Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Tynan, I’m on DB and I usually play between 7pm and 2am MST and I’d have to say DH seems to have more people on at that time. However, it’s not that unbalanced during those times for NSP, DB or DH. I don’t think any of us have queues and there’s lot of great back and forth in WvW.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

Which server has better activity during 7pm to 2am Pacific Standard time DH or DB? Group of about 10 friends picked the game up and looking for a home, most of us are Pacific/Mountain time. A few have to transfer so want to make the right choice, thanks in advance. Maybe someone has a screenshot of 10pm & 1am PST Score?

DH and NSP have the larger force up until around 11pm at that point DB has a shift change then starts making waves until as late as 12pm the next day then we start losing ground to NSP first then DH comes on in force.

there are all based on PST since i’m a westcoaster.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Raific.4652

DH and NSP have the larger force up until around 11pm at that point DB has a shift change then starts making waves until as late as 12pm the next day then we start losing ground to NSP first then DH comes on in force.

This is pretty accurate.

Kot Thaed – Warrior
Maguuma Server

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

As a commander of DB I normally choose to attack DH the first placed server during the match. However, tonight we pushed NSP first simply because we are getting annoyed of the double teaming. I will continue to do the same every night till it stops. You will notice the proof of this by the widening gap between DB and NSP. So your strategy is not working. Either way, DB has stood their ground on their own. We do not need to double team on another server to win or get where we are.

I love paranoid people and good conspiracies! Someone said the following on our TS the other day and I thought it was hysterical: “They think we are coordinating perfect attacks with other servers when we can’t even coordinate attacks with our own!” I believe you give us too much credit. :p

Each server will always think they are the victim. I guess it is how the gaming world is. If “you” win, it is skill. If “they” win, there is some other reason that victory was stolen from ya.

Please do continue to attack us because we will be attacking you… and DH. Don’t take it personal, its all for fun.

I agree with this.

However, I don’t think people think you’re actually coordinating the “double team”. I’m pretty sure no one on this thread is under the delusion that anyone in this tier is trying hard enough to actually get coordinated attacks cross-servers. In reality, there are many reasons for both 1st place and 3rd place to try and take down whoever’s in 2nd place. For those in 1st place, it’s to get even more of a lead over whoever’s the biggest threat, in this case 2nd place. For those in 3rd place, it’s to try and overtake 2nd place to become a contender. Being in the middle of a 3-way fight is usually a hard place to be in.

Either way, it’s a mechanic of a 3-way fight for those in 2nd place to be attacked from both sides more often than 1st attacks 3rd or vice versa. There are just more reasons for both 1st and 3rd to do that than attack each other.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

(edited by Shadowscamp.8065)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Such a fun little siege battle with NSP at Golanta’s last night (I want to say 11am-12am PST or so). Hope you guys enjoyed it too. Sad we had to run to SM, but wanted to put it out there … we all had a blast. A little different than the standard … hold out as long as you can against the massive DB zerg battles that start occurring at the later hours of the night.

I know throughout the day all serves face the same at some point, not much we can do about the peak timing thing on our servers, but hey … that camp battle was my fav part of the night. Well, next to the taking of DB keep. Those kitten hyleks are where its at :-) see ya again tonight hopefully.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Don’t listen to her,
Os is all night crew.
They ride on the shoulders of the irish champions.

Oh and, if you are in EB from 3am to 6am. Then you are facing me.
Prepare. Your. Bum-Holio

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Furey.6734

Furey.6734

I agree with this.

However, I don’t think people think you’re actually coordinating the “double team”. I’m pretty sure no one on this thread is under the delusion that anyone in this tier is trying hard enough to actually get coordinated attacks cross-servers. In reality, there are many reasons for both 1st place and 3rd place to try and take down whoever’s in 2nd place. For those in 1st place, it’s to get even more of a lead over whoever’s the biggest threat, in this case 2nd place. For those in 3rd place, it’s to try and overtake 2nd place to become a contender. Being in the middle of a 3-way fight is usually a hard place to be in.

Either way, it’s a mechanic of a 3-way fight for those in 2nd place to be attacked from both sides more often than 1st attacks 3rd or vice versa. There are just more reasons for both 1st and 3rd to do that than attack each other.

I never said anything about the attacks being co-ordinated, and I know there isn’t. I have played on EB during DH prime time and our server has witnessed that DH and NSP left each other alone the whole time aside from a few camp swaps. Both servers focused on DB alone until DB wiped out. Then instead of moving on to attack each other to gain points, we are spawn camped. This would happen for at least 4-6 hours. Is that normal? I have never seen this happen to this extent from any other match. Would this be fun if this happened to you? Does our NA primetime deserve to be treated like this just because of what happens on the nights?

DH, you are playing the match as you should be. You are going for first and you are beating down the next contender. That makes perfect sense. However, NSP’s logic is a bit flawed. How does beating down the 2nd place server bring them closer to 1st place? Don’t forget that there is no DB night shift to save the day on Friday because the match ends before they come on.

Like I said before, DB does not need any other servers to get to where they are at. If we win or lose we did it on our own. We dont want to jump up a tier weak because our advancement isn’t justified. We will just get clobbered back down.

PS: Shadowscamp your logic is a bit flawed. DH and DB have been switching between first place. Yet the hammer always comes down on DB NA prime time.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Furey.6734)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I agree with this.

I never said anything about the attacks being co-ordinated, and I know there isn’t. I have played on EB during DH prime time and our server has witnessed that DH and NSP left each other alone the whole time aside from a few camp swaps. Both servers focused on DB alone until DB wiped out. Then instead of moving on to attack each other to gain points, we are spawn camped. This would happen for at least 4-6 hours. Is that normal? I have never seen this happen to this extent from any other match. Would this be fun if this happened to you? Does our NA primetime deserve to be treated like this just because of what happens on the nights?

DH, you are playing the match as you should be. You are going for first and you are beating down the next contender. That makes perfect sense. However, NSP’s logic is a bit flawed. How does beating down the 2nd place server bring them closer to 1st place? Don’t forget that there is no DB night shift to save the day on Friday because the match ends before they come on.

Like I said before, DB does not need any other servers to get to where they are at. If we win or lose we did it on our own. We dont want to jump up a tier weak because our advancement isn’t justified. We will just get clobbered back down.

PS: Shadowscamp your logic is a bit flawed. DH and DB have been switching between first place. Yet the hammer always comes down on DB NA prime time.

You should take it as a compliment. I wouldn’t say we fear your servers night time presence but we strongly respect it. Thus we do what we can to negate what impact they have on our score.

If both NSP and DH didn’t make a direct effort to slow down your point gain you would likely run away with the score over the coarse of several nights making any sort of even competition pointless.

And that is why you feel like you are being double teamed.

P.S. Only your “prime time” people could make such a complaint as you have to know your night time people have the run of the map(s) with very little competition, for the most part. Sorry if you take offense to that but that’s how it is.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Ethose.5694

Ethose.5694

It makes total sense for NSP and DH to attack DB during the NA Primetime. The night presence just necessitates it.

I agree with fellyn here. Put yourself in their shoes on the other servers. They both know that DB is going to take everything during the night. The only chance they have to win the week is make sure DB gets as few points as possible during the day.

I don’t think there really is a viable strategy for NSP to win the week against these servers the way they are currently comprised. But using this strategy has kept them competitive at least without letting either DH or DB run away with it.

Ethose (EA)
Born and Raised on Dragonbrand

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Eldeling.3465

Eldeling.3465

I play 2-3 h every evening on DB, and I’ve never seen commander calling out attacks on NSP out of spite or something. We’re trying to defend against inevitable NSP/DH attacks.

But frustration can run high at times, like last night when NSP parked their zerg in Panglos depriving us of much needed supply and attacking Veloka while we were trying to defend against DH. Then just as we managed to kick NSP out of Panglos, DH swoops in with a bunch of golems and takes the keep. Of course all that was happening while we had glorious outmanned buff. ;p It, acctually, could’ve been a good fight if DH didn’t use golems lol.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowscamp.8065

Shadowscamp.8065

I agree with this.

Yes, we have been switching, only because we have night coverage and they don’t. The hammer comes down on NA prime time because we have a weaker prime time than they do. At that time, we’ll have been pushed into second because DH has better day coverage than we do. In that case, it still stands that we’ll be pushed into a double team.

I’m not gonna argue that NSP should or should not be trying to take us down. The fact is, it’s in their interest to fight their way past our score first, because by the time their numbers are on, we’re in second. If they take us down, they they have a better shot at getting first than if they let us overtake DH and then have to claw past DH’s already high score and then us.

That being said, I can’t argue that there may be people that take into account very highly the fact that we actually have night coverage and they don’t. In that case, it’s perfectly possible that they want to beat us as NA crew as much as possible to minimize the night crew’s effectiveness, which may be a bit unfair to us as NA crew, but there’s at least some logic to it. Like fellyn said, the fact that we have good night coverage is kind of huge in terms of a 24 hour match. We just lack as much NA coverage as the other two servers do. That’s not to say that our NA crew is something to be looked down on, but it’s a fact that we often have outmanned buff during the day on all maps.

Qoo ~

Quaggan may or may not like you ~

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

fellyn.5083

Since we’re naming things that aren’t fair….It’s not “fair” that we get to wake up every morning to a completely DB controlled map when it was the complete opposite the night before.

But thems the breaks. W v W v W isn’t meant to be fair. That’s what spvp is for.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Shinigami.5932

Shinigami.5932

I cannot wait til they lock servers down.

I sure can, because if that happens the tiers will settle permanently, meaning the same opponents forever or until guilds quitting the game is what changes the power balance.

Aizen San

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Furey.6734

I agree with this.

You should take it as a compliment. I wouldn’t say we fear your servers night time presence but we strongly respect it. Thus we do what we can to negate what impact they have on our score.

If both NSP and DH didn’t make a direct effort to slow down your point gain you would likely run away with the score over the coarse of several nights making any sort of even competition pointless.

P.S. Only your “prime time” people could make such a complaint as you have to know your night time people have the run of the map(s) with very little competition, for the most part. Sorry if you take offense to that but that’s how it is.

Fellyn, there is no offense taken, and I am not taking it personal. I am just pointing out what I notice.

In my honest opinion, last week’s match was alot better when there wasn’t the double teaming and all servers were alot closer in points being contenders for 1st place.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

fellyn.5083

I agree with this.

Fellyn, there is no offense taken, and I am not taking it personal. I am just pointing out what I notice.

In my honest opinion, last week’s match was alot better when there wasn’t the double teaming and all servers were alot closer in points being contenders for 1st place.

Uh…NSP was in the same position last week they are in now.

And it’s only double teaming in the sense that both DH and NSP have something to gain by keeping DB from getting to many points.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Eldeling.3465

Eldeling.3465

This, but it depends what you play for. All 3 servers in current tier NSP, DB and DH have decent presence. If you want to join server overpowering opponents during that time it’s NSP or DH. If you want to play for the good of the server longterm it’s DB or NSP. If you want to overpower opponents AND do some good for the server I’d say NSP. But, of course that’s all true only for current tier and against current opponents.

That being said, it’s surprising more NA people/guilds aren’t interested in joining DB. DB has decent presence during NA prime time. It’s not overpowering but it’s enough to deal with one opponent, it just can’t deal with two at the same time. However it’s the only server in current tier that has a chance to move up a tier and stay there or at least provide a decent challenge because of fairly balanced coverage. All it needs is maybe one 20-30 man or 2-3 10-15 man organized WvW dedicated guilds to perform critical tasks. How it would fare in T4 though, I don’t know:)

Anyway, 10 people joining DB or NSP would do a lot for overall fun and health of WvW.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Furey.6734

Uh…NSP was in the same position last week they are in now.

And it’s only double teaming in the sense that both DH and NSP have something to gain by keeping DB from getting to many points.[/quote]

Fellyn don’t try and con NSP. They are not stupid. They are 30k behind which is alot worse than the beginning of the last match. Given current trends, that gap will continue to widen before the end of the match meaning they would have done alot worse than last week.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Then instead of moving on to attack each other to gain points, we are spawn camped. This would happen for at least 4-6 hours. Is that normal? I have never seen this happen to this extent from any other match. Would this be fun if this happened to you? Does our NA primetime deserve to be treated like this just because of what happens on the nights?

… ^^ this … is what happened to DH from DB in EB Saturday night. Sunday was called revenge … it’s never fun being spawn camped, especially when your literally at the stairs of our legendary.

So please keep in mind, that although you do not do it, your server when prime does. It is natural when you are battling for the lead to see this. And never feels good (speaking from my experience). At least you guys were able to rally into a close tower. We … didn’t have the option.

It just sucks playing when not on prime, numbers win. Outmanned buff = farming / levelling buff? Makes no sense, but yes … to answer your question it does happen.

It’s even worse the next tier up. FA zerg is larger than life ;-)

~X [RE], Darkhaven (yes, you’ve killed me one of many times when I sacrifice myself to get your kitten seige down late night)

But frustration can run high at times, like last night when NSP parked their zerg in Panglos depriving us of much needed supply and attacking Veloka while we were trying to defend against DH. Then just as we managed to kick NSP out of Panglos, DH swoops in with a bunch of golems and takes the keep. Of course all that was happening while we had glorious outmanned buff. ;p It, acctually, could’ve been a good fight if DH didn’t use golems lol.

Can’t help it. We only intended the golems to be used for SM. And sacked at your keep feet. Worked out better than intended though.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

fellyn.5083

Fellyn don’t try and con NSP. They are not stupid. They are 30k behind which is alot worse than the beginning of the last match. Given current trends, that gap will continue to widen before the end of the match meaning they would have done alot worse than last week.

I never said they are stupid and I’m not how you got that from my post.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Tynan.6279

Tynan.6279

Thank you all for the feedback in regards to the prime time for each server, we can now make an informed decision. Couple quick notes we are considering, including the compelling angle brought up by Edleling.

- DH fits our playtime.
- DB has a good coverage during our off peak time which adds to its viability for future growth if it can continue to add NA players.
- All 3 have great fighting spirit and don’t seem to quit.

Again thanks for all the feedback, see you guys on the Battlefield soon.

Wreckd ~ Mesmer/Warrior/Necro
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast ~ FA

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

Interesting moment happen when we took back Overlook on EB. Not more than a minute or two goes by and NSP hits us from the north. Moments later, DH hits us from the west. DH got through their door first, but the battle continued.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

A few of my friends and I went to Darkhaven for a bit and it was fun. Here’s a compilation of a few of the fights we’ve had, check it out! You might be there! Fun fights all!

Kudos to the Ele, I remember fighting you two often while in EB. I haven’t seen many play D/D that well, and you’re probably the best I’ve played against. The thief is annoying and plays the stealth game very well.

[DONE]

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Akh.1297

Akh.1297

just got our zerg wiped by a commander with twilight and his zerg from db. wiped us during NA prime, we need to push db back some more. I see some of these people on 24/7. I can recongize some of these people, a charr with a cof great sword and some naked girl commander

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Just now wvw reset, everyone was teleport to LA(overflow), from DB there is like only 30-40 ppl. So it’s these 30-40 ppl who fight for DB over 4 maps during NA prime time and make our score not ugly. If your guild is moving to DB, it means you guys will double the population of DB’s NA prime time coverage. (DB used to have a strong NA prime time population months ago which can compete with current T1 servers, but not anymore) In fact what DB need now is just some NA time guilds.

My guild is looking to transfer to this tier. I was wondering if it would be welcomed as we’d prefer not to step on toes.

If you guys could describe who’s stronger during which time slot and your open world PvE/Dungeon population, that’d be greatly appreciated.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Who-needs-40-US-Prime-time-players-for-WvW/first#post881652 is the thread I made which tells a little about what we’re looking for.

Oh and Queue time information during 8pm-12am EST for each server! Please don’t understate your queue times.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Don’t listen to her,
Os is all night crew.
They ride on the shoulders of the irish champions.

Oh and, if you are in EB from 3am to 6am. Then you are facing me.
Prepare. Your. Bum-Holio

Are you the Os officer with the t3 cultural armor? I think Guardian? Human male who likes to to run in ahead of his zerg?

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Tonight was my real debut night as Commander in EB, was fun but used A LOT of superior siege lol.

Crazy Leg

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

fellyn.5083

Complaints about double teaming are getting tiring. It’s not intentional and there is no conspiracy. It happens to every single server at one point or another. Learn to deal with it or don’t play.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Complaints about double teaming are getting tiring. It’s not intentional and there is no conspiracy. It happens to every single server at one point or another. Learn to deal with it or don’t play.

No one thinks it is a conspiracy. It’s just happening. Last night DB took Veloka and were smacked down by both NSP and DH zergs on both sides. Neither were fighting. It was rather funny. I was standing in the middle with a couple other people laughing. We scare you guys this much?

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

No one thinks it is a conspiracy. It’s just happening. Last night DB took Veloka and were smacked down by both NSP and DH zergs on both sides. Neither were fighting. It was rather funny. I was standing in the middle with a couple other people laughing. We scare you guys this much?

LoL, Don’t flatter yourself.

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

I was the Commander in EB lastnight from 7Pm PST to 11PM PST, and I will say that lastnight we repeatedly fought NSP in Pangloss/Veloka/ multiple times, and even Mendon and Speldan once as well. While they were hitting SM we were taking out Durios/Quentin Lake/Danelon and tried Langor once. And once even fought back some DB while were assaulting Bravost lol. DB didnt take back Pangloss when NSP had it, we did lol.

Im not gonna sit here and talk about double teaming, lastnight was a rush though, thats for sure.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Several nights ago I took the SW borderlands supply camp and fortified it with ballistas and arrowcarts. We had around 15 Darkhaven fighters. We start trebbing West Keep, which brings the Dragonbrand reaction force to hit us, as we desired. No problem, we’re tying up twice our number of Dragonbrand, and having fun playing Alamo in the supply camp and farming badges. Good times.

Keeping in mind that SW supply is the only thing owned by Darkhaven on that particular borderlands, what do you think the NSP forces in the zone did? They gathered their forces at SW tower, and begin climbing the mountain path to SW supply, while DB kept hammering at the main gate. My paltry band is holding off easily 35 DB and 25 NSP. Finally NSP portal bombs into the camp. My guys wipe them out, barely. But DB takes advantage of the distraction to flood inside and wipe out my guys from behind.

It was some of the tightest coordination between servers I have ever seen. Some guilds on a single server couldn’t have pulled it off better. And yet I know, with absolute certainty that it was completely unintentional. That is just the way the battle played out. I question NSP’s tactical rational, for wanting to turn a 2-way battle for a supply camp into a 3-way battle(When they could have been taking an undefended keep on the other side of the map), but there was no plotting, or conspiring to double team Darkhaven at that particular moment.

I can’t speak for NSP, nor have I ever spoken to any of their fighters. They’ll do what they think is wise.

But every competent commander and fighter on Darkhaven understands that taking an NSP camp give us points(good), but taking a Dragonbrand camp gives us points, AND denies points to Dragonbrand(better). All things being equal, we are always going to focus Dragonbrand first for that simple reason.

And Dragonbrand does the same thing to us. Every night when Dragonbrand’s Asian/Oceanic guilds come on, they go for DH’s borderlands before NSP’s borderlands.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

fellyn.5083

Then why do you guys keep bringing it up? It’s a total and complete non issue.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: SSnowman.3187

SSnowman.3187

Just now wvw reset, everyone was teleport to LA(overflow), from DB there is like only 30-40 ppl. So it’s these 30-40 ppl who fight for DB over 4 maps during NA prime time and make our score not ugly. If your guild is moving to DB, it means you guys will double the population of DB’s NA prime time coverage. (DB used to have a strong NA prime time population months ago which can compete with current T1 servers, but not anymore) In fact what DB need now is just some NA time guilds.

My guild is looking to transfer to this tier. I was wondering if it would be welcomed as we’d prefer not to step on toes.

If you guys could describe who’s stronger during which time slot and your open world PvE/Dungeon population, that’d be greatly appreciated.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Who-needs-40-US-Prime-time-players-for-WvW/first#post881652 is the thread I made which tells a little about what we’re looking for.

Oh and Queue time information during 8pm-12am EST for each server! Please don’t understate your queue times.

Already in the process of transferring our guild over. Having some issues finding a time DB isn’t “Full” but we’ve managed to maybe get a total of 20 over within a day during odd times. We’ll probably be doing really small groups and having fun, then expecting the majority of our 2 guilds to be over here by Reset on Friday giving us 40ish a night to work with.

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Goblin.1586

Goblin.1586

A few of my friends and I went to Darkhaven for a bit and it was fun. Here’s a compilation of a few of the fights we’ve had, check it out! You might be there! Fun fights all!

Wow !…Nice

ty! and we might stay

Kudos to the Ele, I remember fighting you two often while in EB. I haven’t seen many play D/D that well, and you’re probably the best I’ve played against. The thief is annoying and plays the stealth game very well.

the thief is the secret! ty

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

Already in the process of transferring our guild over. Having some issues finding a time DB isn’t “Full” but we’ve managed to maybe get a total of 20 over within a day during odd times. We’ll probably be doing really small groups and having fun, then expecting the majority of our 2 guilds to be over here by Reset on Friday giving us 40ish a night to work with.

Great to hear. hopefully this will be the end of the out-manned buff for good.

DB forever!!

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

RockonHarder.7235

Could we get a score update. been at the GF’s for to days a bit out of touch with the match up.

DB forever!!

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Lol at DB going for DH first ya right you obviously must not have been paying attention the last 2 nights…2 nights ago DB pressed into ou part of EB before securing all of their side from DH and attacked us…than last might before they had secured all their own BL and when DB had none of their territory in EB they went to NSP borderlands…so no they aren’t focusing on DH first at all right now and it’ll probably cost DB the match

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

Glad to have you guys!

As a side note to the first poster, you can’t measure WvW population by the number of people who appear in Lion’s Arch during a reset or maintenance.. LA always has multiple overflow servers.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: Ethose.5694

Ethose.5694

[/quote]

What is your guild name. I’m on DB and I’m looking for a guild that WvW’s primarily.

Happy to have you guys here!

Ethose (EA)
Born and Raised on Dragonbrand

(edited by Ethose.5694)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Furey.6734

Lol at DB going for DH first ya right you obviously must not have been paying attention the last 2 nights…2 nights ago DB pressed into ou part of EB before securing all of their side from DH and attacked us…than last might before they had secured all their own BL and when DB had none of their territory in EB they went to NSP borderlands…so no they aren’t focusing on DH first at all right now and it’ll probably cost DB the match

Read my first post in this thread again.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Fuery sorry that was more directed towards the DH commanders, trust me I read your post I know, sorry for it being somewhat unclear though

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

TBH, No im not focusing on NSP, I let them be untill NSP mess’es with DH territory, DB and DH play hot potatoe with the lead, and I dont like that, so naturally I focus on them. NSP is unpredictable really, sometimes they mess with DH sometimes they mess with DB. And sometimes, DB attacks DH when were trying to take something from NSP lol.

Crazy Leg

11/30 - DB / NSP / DH

in WvW

Posted by: NealCaffrey.6450

NealCaffrey.6450

What is your guild name. I’m on DB and I’m looking for a guild that WvW’s primarily.

Happy to have you guys here!
[/quote]
In the signature Had lots of fun tonight. May not be leading in potential points during NA Prime-time, but there’s never a dull moment! It’s also nice to be able to actually pug something for PvE for once.

Commander Rañger Dañger
Leader of Cryptic Gaze[iSpy]
Evermoor Alliance (iSpy, JAWA, WAR) – Dragonbrand