11/30 - TC, FA & YB

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kyto.4269

Kyto.4269

If IoJ does as poorly next week as it did this week, it’s entirely possible IoJ and TC could switch places.

Oh noes that would break the bromance and poor little Yak’s heart!

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

Score + map update

Thank you!

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Melpomene.2367

Melpomene.2367

Some people in this game make me shake my head.

Mine too, people fighting in a PvP area? Blows my mind….

Honestly, you people either need to stop doing the JP or quit complaining. There are player operated traps for a reason.

Don’t tell me to stop. Some people have no choice but to do the puzzle for the badges for legendary weapons. Player operated traps only work if you are AHEAD of everyone. I don’t understand why people camp the puzzle except to troll people. Majority of people that even do the puzzle is for badges so I don’t see the point except wasting your servers time and numbers.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

Hopefully FA can stay in the tier. We have not gotten our chance to fight CD yet. Fighting Maguuma will still be fun of course.

The score between FA and YB is close.

If anything, TC needs to move up.

IoJ will destroy us. We’ll never get a FA/YB/CD fight unless one of the top 7 servers collapse lol. Another possibility is if one of the top 7 servers loses enough population to equal FA/YB. But right now, CD coming up is a sure thing. Either FA or YB will drop to fight Mag and EB.

Ah, so instead of the challenge you’d rather stay in a tier where victory is assured due to population.

Got you.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Hopefully FA can stay in the tier. We have not gotten our chance to fight CD yet. Fighting Maguuma will still be fun of course.

IoJ will destroy us. We’ll never get a FA/YB/CD fight unless one of the top 7 servers collapse lol. Another possibility is if one of the top 7 servers loses enough population to equal FA/YB. But right now, CD coming up is a sure thing. Either FA or YB will drop to fight Mag and EB.

Ah, so instead of the challenge you’d rather stay in a tier where victory is assured due to population.

Got you.

Don’t know what you’re talking about. TC’s victory here is assured because of population. IoJ would win here because of population. FA/YB would win T4 because of population. The only possible matchup for my server where population is less of an issue is FA/YB/CD which isn’t happening.

And between fighting TC+CD or Mag+EB, I already said earlier that I’d rather fight the former which is the more challenging of the two.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I would have to say you aren’t reading it correctly.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

HTXL.2598

Got you.

Don’t know what you’re talking about. TC’s victory here is assured because of population. IoJ would win here because of population. FA/YB would win T4 because of population. The only possible matchup for my server where population is less of an issue is FA/YB/CD which isn’t happening.

And between fighting TC+CD or Mag+EB, I already said earlier that I’d rather fight the former which is the more challenging of the two.

Well, let me clarify. Here we have three servers, one with the population to contend in tier two. Hell, I think the server shows full more often than JQ. But I digress.

You want to keep playing against a server of that magnitude and call it a challenge, that’s cool. But with the score is as lopsided as this, and it is lopsided, one server obviously does not belong in the tier and truly decides who places second.

I say, let them move up and enjoy equal competition.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

TC has already gone up against BG and SoR. They are not equal competition, lol. TC being full has more to do with PvE than WvW.

Regardless, FA doesn’t have much of a choice. It’s either TC+CD or Mag+EB. The ratings dictate what the matches are and TC will be staying in the tier and CD will be moving into it. http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Lord Arcadio

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Don’t tell me to stop. Some people have no choice but to do the puzzle for the badges for legendary weapons. Player operated traps only work if you are AHEAD of everyone. I don’t understand why people camp the puzzle except to troll people. Majority of people that even do the puzzle is for badges so I don’t see the point except wasting your servers time and numbers.

You always have the choice not to get a Legendary weapon. You don’t sound very “Legendary” anyways.

“Legendary”? Not being a soulbound/account bound item, Legendary is as simple as dropping gold in the TP.

Even so, what about the entire process of getting the legendary is truly legendary instead of Grind X objects or Play the Mystic Forge Lotto. No great personal quest. No Dynamic Event chains. No Defeat all Bosses?

Your arrogant attitude needs readjusted. Or the requirements for Legendary. Probably both.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

The biggest fallacy on the WvW forums, is that people actually think the discussions taking place here, affect what happens in-game.

Reality: 99% of the people in WvW, do not read these threads. They don’t care about server politics, or alliance rumors.

They login, figure out which map their guild is going to, or where a certain commander is, or look at the map and see which map needs help, and go there.

Once there… they attack whatever point is vulnerable for attack. They don’t care about what color it is. They attack the next logical point, or one that is not defended.

Simple.

They do not go through some complex thought process that “Hmm, FA has a better shot a first place, so we better attack their tower on the other side of the map, and leave the Yak’s tower by our keep, alone.” It just doesn’t happen. It is not reality.

The reality is that each server attacks the most vulnerable point, in order to get more points for their server. Because whoever has the most points at the end of the week… wins! Surprise surprise!

Will this stop people on the forums from thinking the alliance rumors are true and that trash talk actually matters? Nope. But hey, as long as people are staying entertained, to each their own.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

HTXL.2598

TC being full has more to do with PvE than WvW.

Can’t be too sure about that. Wvw is a great concept and much easier to join when your server is winning.

Regardless, FA doesn’t have much of a choice. It’s either TC+CD or Mag+EB. The ratings dictate what the matches are and TC will be staying in the tier and CD will be moving into it. http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

CD is or was a decent wvw server but I think some guilds transferred off. Either way, I know some loyalists remain and should put up a great fight.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

Servers ganging up on 1 server happens frequently, its part of the game. TC has diffidently showed they have no alliance with YB at all. In fact they have attacked YBBL every night. If I was in TC server, I would be attacking FA more than YB. If YB goes to tier 4 next week, you (TC server) are potentially looking at more of a difficult fight next week ( CD and FA have numbers) which in return will lower your elevation increase (hypothetically speaking). But nonetheless YB will still bring the fight every night. If we do end up going to tier 4 its been good fun with you guys!

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

You always have the choice not to get a Legendary weapon. You don’t sound very “Legendary” anyways.

“Legendary”? Not being a soulbound/account bound item, Legendary is as simple as dropping gold in the TP.

Even so, what about the entire process of getting the legendary is truly legendary instead of Grind X objects or Play the Mystic Forge Lotto. No great personal quest. No Dynamic Event chains. No Defeat all Bosses?

Your arrogant attitude needs readjusted. Or the requirements for Legendary. Probably both.

I agree, the Legendary items aren’t really “legendary” in any real sense.. but you’re trying to say that the Legendary requirements aren’t enough to consider the weapon “Legendary” and we should make the requirements easier? I really don’t think it makes much focus or dedication to get any part of it and complaining about the requirements (which you say are trivial) and asking them to be reduced further just seems counter to the whole point of calling it “Legendary”.

Hell, add more to them or make them so trivial everyone can easily get one. I still won’t get one nor will care. I make my own legends (and definitely not by complaining about people killing me in PvP).

Also (not to say I’m not arrogant because I am) what does my arrogance have to do with anything? If I see one guy complain about not being able to do something the next 3 guys say is “too easy” what do you expect me to think? Sorry for pointing out the obvious?

Also yay I’m home from work.. time to get ready for my bloodbath!

PS. I’m trying to start battlefield drama stop trying to start arguments about stupid stuff.

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

(edited by Stonesolid.2706)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

A few things:

@Fel: I understand your point, but I think you might be underestimating the impact Commander icons have on the ebb and flow of “militia” around a map. Certain individuals in certain positions can have a larger impact than your run of the mill WvWer, and some of those individuals do pop on these forums.

I’m not one of them, I just like to discuss things.

@HTXL: If we “let” TC move up, we’ll face a similar server (IoJ) next. Do we then “let” them move up? Then when someone falls back to T3, we “let” that server move up? The cycle never stops, and there will be no “letting” any server do anything.

@Arcadio: In one of your quotes, you mentioned TC’s victory is assured due to population. Though I agree that their population gives them an edge, their influence on 2nd place is only so large because YB and FA give them that power. I truly wonder how they’d fare if both servers pressed them on all fronts.

Unfortunately, FA seems to be the Wyld Stallyns, attacking anything that moves. YB, on the other hand, I want to call Prehistoric Turtlesaurus on account of their defensive evolution, but that might be unfair to their offensive capabilities. I just see compliments to their D, and my guild group typically goes on the O, so I can’t personally weigh in.

@Legendary Items: If anything, I think a “Legendary” system should consist of an evolution of the weapon/skin of your choosing. Perhaps accruing PvE boss kills or WvWvW kills will provide different cosmetic options (dripping blood, extra shining, leaving a trail behind swings, etc.) as the weapon gains experience in these fields.

It’s still technically a “grind”, but you could share the story of your custom weapon and the adventures you’ve performed while wielding it. Perhaps they could even let you name it once you achieve the first Legendary customization.

Anyway, developing some ultra-rare accomplishment in an MMO that isn’t some epic grind is basically impossible, imo. But I digress. I have no problems with Legendary weapons, but I also have no sympathy for anyone trying to jumping puzzle their way to a Legendary weapon.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

@Arcadio: In one of your quotes, you mentioned TC’s victory is assured due to population. Though I agree that their population gives them an edge, their influence on 2nd place is only so large because YB and FA give them that power. I truly wonder how they’d fare if both servers pressed them on all fronts.

It will definitely be a more interesting match. That said, it won’t happen since for a variety of reasons, the least of which is that our servers don’t like each other. After many weeks of fighting TC, I think the Yaks have given up any hope of beating them. They’re mostly on defense at this point and fighting for second. Calling it cowardice or strategic thinking depends on whether you are an FA or YB player, lol.

If FA is still in this tier next week, maybe FA and CD will both target TC. I think TC has the population to compete in a real 2v1 though.

Lord Arcadio

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

I dont’ think you people understand what’s being said to you, I also don’t get what’s so difficult to grasp for you, but keep trucking with your ignorance. I don’t care one whit if you keep attacking TC, we’ve trashed you 3 weeks running, you think we care? You actually think I want you to stop attacking TC? lolworthy.

No need to get so worked up. If I don’t understand what you’re trying to say maybe you should try to communicate your message in a different way. Saying “you think we care? you think we care!?” didn’t tell me much if you were trying to make an actual point.

If you really try to convince me that having fun without stressing about the overall score is wrong or ignorant then I apologize because I’ll never understand that.

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Fel.8195

A few things:

@Fel: I understand your point, but I think you might be underestimating the impact Commander icons have on the ebb and flow of “militia” around a map. Certain individuals in certain positions can have a larger impact than your run of the mill WvWer, and some of those individuals do pop on these forums.

I’m not one of them, I just like to discuss things.

I’ve been commanding on TC for a few months now. I read these threads to see what everyone’s perception of the current match up is.

I’ll tell you this though… I work with a lot of the TC commanders, and we have never let our actions be dictated by the scoreboard. It is horrible strategy. You get on a map, and you push what you can take and hold. You expand from there. Sure you make moves outside of your area to disrupt enemy supply lines, but you don’t pull your entire group over to a certain point just because of the scoreboard.

And that is why I get irritated at the alliance talk :P It is irrelevant when you’re actually in WvW. In WvW, if its red, its dead. If you don’t take the easiest most logical point next, you are not gaining your server the maximum number of points possible. It is a commander’s job to help lead to the next logical point, and set it up to be as easy as possible to take.

The alliance/political discussions here, have zero impact on what actually happens in WvW. If I push FA too hard, Yak’s will take the opportunity to hit our territory. If I hit Yak’s too hard, FA will attack. If I know Yak’s is pushing on FA, we either hit the other side of FA, or hit the other side of Yak’s… all dependent on which point is least defended and the most logical to take next. Three way fight. Working as intended.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

They do not go through some complex thought process that “Hmm, FA has a better shot a first place, so we better attack their tower on the other side of the map, and leave the Yak’s tower by our keep, alone.” It just doesn’t happen. It is not reality.

Erm, actually… that’s exactly what we were doing. Just today, even. Not that scenario, but that sort of forward-planning. It ended when one server got too greedy, so we had to push them a bit.

Frankly if servers aren’t thinking about where they’re going to be next week or who their most strategic target is long-term then they’re not really going to move anywhere but down.

If that Yak tower in your scenario was posing an immediate threat to our keep then obviously we’d take it and fortify it. However if it was just sitting there and it was strategically advantageous for us to leave it alone for an hour or two then we’d do exactly that. Obviously we’d monitor it, but we’d do exactly that.

That’s how wargaming works.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Saradon WarChild.2034

Saradon WarChild.2034

The real question on everybody’s mind is if Yak’s is going to blow their biggest lead yet. Almost there!

My Hammer Your Face 80 Warrior
[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Honnor.6295

Honnor.6295

The biggest fallacy on the WvW forums, is that people actually think the discussions taking place here, affect what happens in-game.

Reality: 99% of the people in WvW, do not read these threads. They don’t care about server politics, or alliance rumors.

They login, figure out which map their guild is going to, or where a certain commander is, or look at the map and see which map needs help, and go there.

Once there… they attack whatever point is vulnerable for attack. They don’t care about what color it is. They attack the next logical point, or one that is not defended.

Simple.

The reality is that each server attacks the most vulnerable point, in order to get more points for their server. Because whoever has the most points at the end of the week… wins! Surprise surprise!

Will this stop people on the forums from thinking the alliance rumors are true and that trash talk actually matters? Nope. But hey, as long as people are staying entertained, to each their own.

This is Probably the most Logical true to ‘what really go’s on’ post about this match or ALL of WvWvW that I have seen in Gw2 chatter. I and a few others run an enitre Alliance with 20 some guilds small and large but no matter what we do or think we do we have to learn to get people to play with us, when they want to, and do what they want to, and try to use it with a tactical plan for each evening/morning/time zone.

I sat last night PST @ 11:30 pm in YBBL and was going to bed after upgrading everything we YB fought all evening long on just to get back our BL. After the morning and afternoon TC FA push that happens before we all get home or on to play in NA.

I was ready to log of at Blue Lake in YB, as watch 38 to 40 GOD, PRO and others run in right by me and start on Tower. Then build a Golem and go start on EH tower which they took both in 16 min.

There were 7 YB players on the map. So I went to LA and EB and called out. So about 30 people came and stopped the push for a bit.

Now, ! Am I flustered Yes*
Is this Night capping? Yes, is it FA’s FALT!

No! it is not there falt YB does not have people on at that time and they want to play.

FA players (and any server’s) that are up at that time want something to do for points. They paid for the game also. Do they hit TCBL with 30 to 40 people at this time? Well if they did they would kitten Stomped. As TC has good 24/7 coverage or at least 3 times more than YB and FA at this time. Is this TC’s falt!…lol no its not. If I played at 1 to 4 AM in the morning and my server needed points I would have done the same thing FA did. To keep my players/friends happy and get points for my server.

So just an insite for those of you to stuburn to get what the OP for above Quote is saying.

Also as the Leader of the Yaksbend.com Alliance I can tell you this. There is no secret packed/alliance with TC, never will be from our teams with any other server. We do not play that way, we simply do not want to. It does not matter if any one thinks we should or should not. We* just dont want to play the game that way. At least our Alliance/teams I can speak for. And I know for a fact that no other Yaksbend teams have done so.

I hope this clears up any and all allegations about YB ever teaming up or making an Alliance with any one…lol, but I know it wont.

To end, these last 3 weeks have been a great time. Great Victories, Great fustrations and good fun.

If you took the time to read this …/bow ..Thank you.

If you did not and need to troll, oh well.

Guild leader: scÖrn
Alliance founder/Yaksbend.com
“Winter is Coming”

(edited by Honnor.6295)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

The real question on everybody’s mind is if Yak’s is going to blow their biggest lead yet. Almost there!

Considering that Yak’s has very little EU/Oceanic presence, it’s not hard to predict that we will lose a lot of points during this time. Rocket science.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

HTXL.2598

^

Yet last night we still 2v1 you on YBBL. Sorry bro.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Just dropping by to commend my fellow TC-ers on the stellar job they did this morning on Yak map!! HOORAY! I’ve been waiting on about six POIs on that map for 100% completion for three weeks now and I nearly cried with joy when I logged on early this morning and saw the damage my wonderful server had done. Congratulations all of you, you rock!

Now the proud owner of a 100% finished map!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Fel.8195

Erm, actually… that’s exactly what we were doing. Just today, even. Not that scenario, but that sort of forward-planning. It ended when one server got too greedy, so we had to push them a bit.

Frankly if servers aren’t thinking about where they’re going to be next week or who their most strategic target is long-term then they’re not really going to move anywhere but down.

If that Yak tower in your scenario was posing an immediate threat to our keep then obviously we’d take it and fortify it. However if it was just sitting there and it was strategically advantageous for us to leave it alone for an hour or two then we’d do exactly that. Obviously we’d monitor it, but we’d do exactly that.

I am not trying to be insulting here, but if you’re ignoring an undefended tower next to your keep, because of the scoreboard, that is bad strategy.

WvW is simple: Get points for your server.

If you’re ignoring a tower, you’re giving up those points for that hour or two… all because of some overall strategy based on the scoreboard. If you want the scoreboard to go your way, you need to focus on your corner of the map first. If you need to hit supply camps outside of it to draw the enemy forces away… do it… but do not overextend to some random point just because of who holds it.

Adopt that simple strategy on every map, and you’ll do much better. It may seem simplistic, but it is reality.

If you are staring at the leaderboard and scoreboard, and trying to figure out which server to focus on? While you’re focusing on that one server, the other two are going to be attacking whoever is the easiest target. So if you’re completely ignoring one opponent on a map, of course they’re going to beat you. It is just poor strategy. You cannot focus one server in this game and hope to win.

Ironically, TC does not worry about who they’re facing next week. We do not tunnel vision one enemy based on the scoreboard. And we’re not moving down.

I just get tired of hearing about alliances or people focusing specific servers. For 99% of the people out there, it does not happen. There is no ultimate strategy that every guild on each server follows. People go out there, and the kill the enemy.

Honnor: Thanks.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

Considering that Yak’s has very little EU/Oceanic presence, it’s not hard to predict that we will lose a lot of points during this time. Rocket science.

Oh, gotcha. When Yak’s is winning it’s because they’re better organized and when they start to lose it’s because you don’t have a presence! This totally explains why you lost several thousand points during prime time last night!

Many of my guild are on Atlantic or Eastern Time. I don’t have to work anymore so when I wake up at 8AM, I’ll often lead a bunch of raids before heading out for a run. I do the same thing in my early afternoon before the gym too. Is that nightcapping? I’m in North America, it’s morning and afternoon for me and my guys.

[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Update. Took the screenshot as FA passed YB in score.

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Xavi.6591

^

Okay, you 2v1 us. Got it.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

Does anybody else find it funny when we talk about 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in these threads? I mean really, it’s 7th, 8th and 9th. Last I checked, the participation medals are all the same color!

[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

HTXL.2598

Oh, gotcha. When Yak’s is winning it’s because they’re better organized and when they start to lose it’s because you don’t have a presence! This totally explains why you lost several thousand points during prime time last night!

Many of my guild are on Atlantic or Eastern Time. I don’t have to work anymore so when I wake up at 8AM, I’ll often lead a bunch of raids before heading out for a run. I do the same thing in my early afternoon before the gym too. Is that nightcapping? I’m in North America, it’s morning and afternoon for me and my guys.

No, the explanation is simple really. TC and FA made pushes north on YBBL. Basic 2v1 nothing new really, taking on the smaller server no less. Hell, TC alone could probably turn that map green if they really wanted to.

You really expect YB to hold two fronts, especially when one server as populated as it is? Didn’t think so.

By the way, you can paint the bottom half of the map just as well as painting the left or right.

^

I was referring to the commander on YB, not you, sorry. You got your post off before mine. His post is legit.

(edited by HTXL.2598)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

No, the explanation is simple really. TC and FA made pushes north on YBBL. Basic 2v1 nothing new really, taking on the smaller server no less. Hell, TC alone could probably turn that map green if they really wanted to.

You really expect YB to hold two fronts, especially when one server as populated as it is? Didn’t think so.

By the way, you can paint the bottom half of the map just as well as painting the left or right.

Wow this could have been an FA post on Monday morning. Strange how things work out!

[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I have a question for Yakkers, and forgive me because I’m new to WvW and probably don’t understand the mechanics. But why on earth are you almost OCD about small areas? I’m thinking specifically about the lumber mill area on the Yak map near the TC WP?

We had wave after wave of Yakkers come in defense of it, and each time they died they’d return to this small little mill … meanwhile on the other side of the map Aspenwood was overtaking major forts and towers, one after the other.

I don’t understand why Yak would focus so completely on one tiny area, and ignore bigger ticket items that are being overrun.

Is it because there’s a mandate against TC? If so, you guys should know there’s an awful lot of chatter about how fond TCers are of Yak bend WvW’ers. Honestly. I’m not kidding. At least once a day there’s some nice comment about Yak WvWers.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Xavi.6591

^

I was referring to the commander on YB, not you, sorry. You got your post off before mine. His post is legit.

Alright, no worries.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

HTXL.2598

Wow this could have been an FA post on Monday morning. Strange how things work out!

Sorry I should have been more clear. Only one server really is at capacity, at any given time, within this tier, to paint the bottom half their color.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I am not trying to be insulting here, but if you’re ignoring an undefended tower next to your keep, because of the scoreboard, that is bad strategy.

WvW is simple: Get points for your server.

If you’re ignoring a tower, you’re giving up those points for that hour or two… all because of some overall strategy based on the scoreboard. If you want the scoreboard to go your way, you need to focus on your corner of the map first. If you need to hit supply camps outside of it to draw the enemy forces away… do it… but do not overextend to some random point just because of who holds it.

Adopt that simple strategy on every map, and you’ll do much better. It may seem simplistic, but it is reality.

If you are staring at the leaderboard and scoreboard, and trying to figure out which server to focus on? While you’re focusing on that one server, the other two are going to be attacking whoever is the easiest target. So if you’re completely ignoring one opponent on a map, of course they’re going to beat you. It is just poor strategy. You cannot focus one server in this game and hope to win.

Ironically, TC does not worry about who they’re facing next week. We do not tunnel vision one enemy based on the scoreboard. And we’re not moving down.

I just get tired of hearing about alliances or people focusing specific servers. For 99% of the people out there, it does not happen. There is no ultimate strategy that every guild on each server follows. People go out there, and the kill the enemy.

Honnor: Thanks.

Except that we do in fact do this. All of the time. If Anzalia Pass isn’t a threat to Stonemist Castle right just now, then we’re not going to do anything more than maybe treb it a little. If Blue is giving us problems then we’re going to let Anzalia stew for a bit while we jump on Durios or Quentin instead.

You soften targets up for later while taking what’s important now. That’s sort of the point of long-term planning. You know, to plan long term.

We attack who attacks us first, yes, but we don’t attack blindly and mindlessly. THAT’S bad strategy. There is a difference between choosing an opponent and giving up points. The two are separate things. We can choose our opponent and crush them both too. We just need to ensure that we crush one a little bit more than the other in that case.

You are acting as though all I care about is the scoreboard, and you would be wrong for assuming so. You are assuming that I would rather attack a random target in bumblekitten nowhere for no reason other than its current color, and you would also be wrong. Controlling the map 100% of the time 24/7 is an unreasonable goal — it is tactically and strategically advantageous to allow the enemy to retain objectives sometimes. Don’t be so black and white.

But yes we could argue it out here or we could realize that we’re probably not talking about the same thing. I’m talking about earning points long-term, while you’re talking about earning points immediately. They’re not mutually exclusive. Good talk.

Also: I’m not talking about any alliances, so you can go ahead and lump me right back out of that category, thanks.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Grunim.9034

Grunim.9034

Interesting, I just peeked at the login screen and TC, FA and YB all appear as full servers. Congrats FA and YB for joining us in the full server club!

Zammi – Mesmer
Tarnished Coast since August 2012

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Xavi.6591

We should only fight in WvW when all 3 servers say full. When they don’t say full, we should run AC until our brains melt.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I have a question for Yakkers, and forgive me because I’m new to WvW and probably don’t understand the mechanics. But why on earth are you almost OCD about small areas? I’m thinking specifically about the lumber mill area on the Yak map near the TC WP?

We had wave after wave of Yakkers come in defense of it, and each time they died they’d return to this small little mill … meanwhile on the other side of the map Aspenwood was overtaking major forts and towers, one after the other.

I don’t understand why Yak would focus so completely on one tiny area, and ignore bigger ticket items that are being overrun.

Is it because there’s a mandate against TC? If so, you guys should know there’s an awful lot of chatter about how fond TCers are of Yak bend WvW’ers. Honestly. I’m not kidding. At least once a day there’s some nice comment about Yak WvWers.

Camps are alot more important than you seem to understand. The side that controls the camps typically controls the map. Now I’m not saying that in this case, the Yak’s we’re being ordered to guard this camp with their life…but the fact that they automatically do this is a little bit of what makes their defensive capabilities on their own map so tough.

At this point, with the numbers skewed, the Yak’s borderland doesn’t seem as solid as it used to be, but first week, full Yak’s in there, that was a really really hard map to crack. They never just took a loss then disssapeared to defend something else…they continually pushed forcing all your “ninja” ops to go back on defense. Perhaps FA gets a little better look at the Yak’s defense that we of TC remember.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

HTXL.2598

Interesting, I just peeked at the login screen and TC, FA and YB all appear as full servers. Congrats FA and YB for joining us in the full server club!

LOL by that measure, if YB is full then SBI must be colossal.

Or ANet could be lowering the bar again.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

The fighting going on between TC trying to take QL and FA defending it right now has been Epic! Some 10 seperate portal attacks fended off. Just a whole lot of fun for everyone.

Thanks for the great time TC!

[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

Sorry I should have been more clear. Only one server really is at capacity, at any given time, within this tier, to paint the bottom half their color.

Ahh okay I understand you now. Fair enough.

I much prefer when YB and FA are within 1000 points of each other, because both teams are fielding lots of players and the back and forth has been a lot of fun.

[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Saradon WarChild.2034

Now if the zone would quit crashing that’d be cool.

[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

TC has already gone up against BG and SoR. They are not equal competition, lol. TC being full has more to do with PvE than WvW.

That was more than a month ago.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Yesterday, YB lost the lead over FA in the ranking (not in the current match, but in the ranking as a whole), when FA attacked EB and TC decided not to defend EB but to attack YB BL and than defend it against YB.

This move effectively kicked YB to a meager +10 score for hours, which lead to FA overthrowing them in the new ranking.

I hope that FA gives TC cookies for helping them stay in the tier this way, else THEY were the once being kicked out!

Feel free to send thank-you-cookiesh to me!

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Any chance for a score update?

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

204 TC
124 FA
122 YB

~ AoN ~

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

If we keep this up, the Toast must seriously consider the possibility of entering Tier 2 after next week’s match up.

Either we attempt to artificially keep our score lower than Isle of Janthir to stay in Tier 3, or we start mass recruiting across PvE to provide additional coverage.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Right now, it looks like Yak’s might end up in T4. In any case, it is going to come down to the wire like last week’s very small difference between FA & Yak’s scores.

I’m actually more interested in what’s going on between YB and FA than I am my own server right now becuase it’s just so close! I love those nail-biting finishes!

TC dictates who finishes 2nd….it will be as close as they want to keep it.

Yup. Early in the week TC saw FA as the bigger threat, Yaks pulled out to a fair lead for 2nd. Then last few days TC shifted to YB, while FA held blue in their own map most of that time, suddenly FA has leaped into 2nd. Just look where the green dots are on the update maps.

It is why this tier has gotten kind of stale, unless you are happy just to find some good fights. Likely it will be the exact same dynamic next week when CD moves up.

YB has the tactics and organization for 3rd tier but manpower that belongs in the 4th tier. Unfortunately, the other t4 servers can’t match our discipline and we will likely roll them.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

If we keep this up, the Toast must seriously consider the possibility of entering Tier 2 after next week’s match up.

Either we attempt to artificially keep our score lower than Isle of Janthir to stay in Tier 3, or we start mass recruiting across PvE to provide additional coverage.

Or we take our kitten handing in tier-2 and hope we learn something out of it

TC’s hole during oceanic times is too immense. We can barely fill one map. No amount of pve recruiting will fix that, especially when we are losing. It’s the main reason why among the so-called 7 full pop servers TC will likely remain in 7th spot.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

As one of the prominate OC members on YB, I’d just like to point out, with the exception of last night, our “over night crew” has been able to hold generally what we have, it’s around 7/8 AM US EST that things can start to go a little haywire.

Dont’ get me wrong sure we NEED more numbers during that time zone it’s not entirely accurate to say its during that period we lose all our points, quite often we have had under 200 points going into that time, then around the the 7/8am EST in the US when I usually log off its not uncommond for us to be over the 200 point mark.

The simple fact is on the whole YB needs to alot more numbers for this Tier, as when numbers in fights are relitively equal we generally come out on top of most of the fights.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I logged in earlier and saw this huge force of Yaks at RW camp pushing us to SH. Was a nice back & forth matchup. As long as I was online, I saw we almost pushed you till the entrance of the camp. My lil Asuran mesmer made his way to the top at the entrance where you’ve planted a ballista and with the help of a few others, took it out. While trying to take out the 2nd one which is still being built, this necro in his lich form started spitting minions at me. Ouch man, I was running to escape from those conditions and insta-died with the fall. Not sure what happened after that though! Had to logout as I was getting late for work.
P.S: @Usagi, thanks man! I enjoy working with you as well. I thought I’d stir up some drama as well, since many here seem to actually love it, instead of keeping thread clean

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See