11/9 SoS/SoR/IoJ Thread 2

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

You guys make me blush.

In all honesty, I do everything I can to improve our server standing. Too many people get Commander for the wrong reasons. I feel if you have Commander, it is your obligation to the server to do everything in your power to make their play experience as best as it can be! To most, that means being successful, and therefor I give it my all to ensure victory. (I haven’t touched spvp or pve for 4 weeks now… And I play 8-12 hours a day LOL )

Btw, can I get a score update? At work at the moment!

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Here you go mate. I wasn’t on tonight, but logged in just to get the score for you before I get my head down. Looks pretty grim but I’m not sure who was online tonight. I had other commitments.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sjaakie.1470

Sjaakie.1470

Lets hope next week will be different. Not because of the score (I am from IOJ) but because it will (my opinion) show that SOS is no tier 1. They will get spanked with their pants on and not because there is some event. It is because they really do not know how to face big ammounts on the other side. If they do they mostly lose. It also will show that SOR is not even Tier 2 because now they are mostly ignored by IOJ because they are no match and what is the point in going for second place? And IOJ may drop a tier or 2 as well I think. We simply do not have the numbers to be in Tier 2.

in WvW

MiasmicMist.1420

Lets hope next week will be different. Not because of the score (I am from IOJ) but because it will (my opinion) show that SOS is no tier 1. They will get spanked with their pants on and not because there is some event. It is because they really do not know how to face big ammounts on the other side. If they do they mostly lose. It also will show that SOR is not even Tier 2 because now they are mostly ignored by IOJ because they are no match and what is the point in going for second place? And IOJ may drop a tier or 2 as well I think. We simply do not have the numbers to be in Tier 2.

I really hate to be the realist here, but not a single server SoR, SoS, or IoJ ignores another. Not a single one. When SoR was attacking (and capped) Klovan, Wildcreek and Golanta from SoS, IoJ capped Umber and sieged Durios. When We puhed IoJ back and sieged Ogre tower, SoS began hitting Quentin Lake, then Anza pass tower.

This is something I just remembered was very recent. Don’t call out “this server ignores this one etc etc etc”. It simply isn’t true. This is a 3 way server battle..no server is going to have the luxury of being 1v1..

On that note, please refrain flaming other servers. This thread has been locked once. Let’s keep it classy!

Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

To the IOJ’s who were on SoR borderlands, and porting Golems through the lake.
Try to avoid people hitting the Krait. I have a huge tendency to check anything or send scouts if I see Orange swords or white ones on a tower/keep/camp.

I wasn’t expecting to run into a large force of yours or the golems.
Actually said on Teamspeak “These better not freaking be bots”…and a few seconds later spotted y’all.

Was fun though.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

I don’t care much about wether sos is t1 or not. I am thoroughly dissapointed that nobody from tier 3 or tier 4 has managed to kick Janthir out of tier 2 yet

Janthir simply is not a t2 server right now. We lost our Oceanic alliance, our EU guilds, and are tier 3 at best if not tier 4 with our population and coverage

my worst fear is that over the next 2-3 weeks, we will see a massive exodus and we end up like HoD, ET, Dragonbrand, etc simply because there are far too many things going on for people to play in wuvwuv when every other guild has seemingly left or is not playing anymore

Thanksgiving, Halo 4, RIFT Storm Legion, Lost Shores, Star Wars f2p, wow patch, etc etc..

these next 2-3 weeks is going to be interesting

I personally hope Janthir survives only because of Never Die. I know how loyal Koreans are and I want the best for them

in WvW

Sjaakie.1470

It has nothing to do with flaming. You talk about that one time you finaly managed to get some towers of SOS when hardly anyone online? The towers you lost again within an hour or so? But nevermind. I know that on IOJ there is no interest in attacking SOR because it is not worth it. Every now and than we have people who say: Lets take blue. Respons than is: Nah, they are not a danger, they just play to become second, let them.

I am not talking about 2 against 1. Whatever gave you that idea? All I wrote was that SOS does not belong in Tier 1 and SOR and IOJ not in Tier 2. If that is flaming and hurt your feelings I can understand you are struggling to become second. Than at least you can tell you did not lose in a game where there is nothing to win anyways.

Enjoy your day and wait till reality starts to hit you and I will welcome you to the real world.

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

It has nothing to do with flaming. You talk about that one time you finaly managed to get some towers of SOS when hardly anyone online? The towers you lost again within an hour or so? But nevermind. I know that on IOJ there is no interest in attacking SOR because it is not worth it. Every now and than we have people who say: Lets take blue. Respons than is: Nah, they are not a danger, they just play to become second, let them.

I am not talking about 2 against 1. Whatever gave you that idea? All I wrote was that SOS does not belong in Tier 1 and SOR and IOJ not in Tier 2. If that is flaming and hurt your feelings I can understand you are struggling to become second. Than at least you can tell you did not lose in a game where there is nothing to win anyways.

Enjoy your day and wait till reality starts to hit you and I will welcome you to the real world.

I guess it’s better then playing for third.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

MiasmicMist.1420

Lmao. IoJ attacks us just as much as any other server. I’ve seen them come into a map when we had SoS pushed back and begin capping our points. Won’t even go there..

Not biting anymore troll bait. I never said the 3 of us belonged in those tiers either, I just stated a fact, that none of the 3 servers ignore each other.

Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Sjaakie.1470

Believe it or not, SOR is no priority at all for IOJ. When you look at the map you can see we are used to attack the one in position #1 not the one trying to safe their precious #2 position. Sure we sometimes attack blue and guess what, you lose. No big deal. We lose so often that is why neither SOR nor IOJ belongs in T2. Maybe if SOR understood that it is also an option to attack the #1 it will become different.

I can understand you think you rule and are really good and so on but you are not. Not personally (maybe also, dunno) but as a server. Same goes for IOJ. No big deal, it is just a game.

But believe what you want, religion is a free choice.

in WvW

MiasmicMist.1420

You have your beliefs, I have mine. We will agree to disagree, and end this conversation.

Back onto the thread topic! Wonder what WvW will be like this weekend with that upcoming PvE update

Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I think every matchup since tier 4 an opposing team said, wait till next tier SoS is going to learn they are not good enough.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Another good run with [ND] tonight. Looking forward to a new matchup with BG next week, and I pray for no portal nerf

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: AIMonster.8236

AIMonster.8236

I’m not sure anyone claimed SoS belongs in Tier 1. If anything SoS is in a really bad spot right now, where we will always win Tier 2 matchups (IoJ, SoR, and maybe TC) and always get destroyed in Tier 1 (we have zero Euro guilds as far as I know) and we’ll never fight the server we’ll likely have the most even matchup with (Blackgate) because we’ll be exchanging spots with them in every week or two.

If anything we only want to be in Tier 1 for a fresh matchup as we’ve been fighting SoR and IoJ for quite a few matches right now and it would be interested to see how we fare in Tier 1, even with the knowledge that we’ll probably lose by a significant amount due to lack of coverage in specific time zones.

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

instead of playing the big bad ioj internet forum talker, go help your team…

the amount of stupid conversation starters in these threads r ridiculous lol

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: sklurb.6302

sklurb.6302

Video clips from this week’s SoS/IoJ/SoR WvW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAS7lBADW6I

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Alright, I stopped watching at the first portal attack when you outnumbered them.
That so needs fixed. Yes, I play a mesmer so I think I’m versed on the subject.
In time, in time

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

It was a fun last night in EB. It was a difficult fight to reclaim our bases but we pushed back hard and actually took Ogrewatch and Klovan for a period of time. Looking forward to the fights tonight.

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: sklurb.6302

sklurb.6302

Alright, I stopped watching at the first portal attack when you outnumbered them.
That so needs fixed. Yes, I play a mesmer so I think I’m versed on the subject.
In time, in time

Ah, you should have watched to the very end where we are outnumbered and wiped.
:)

We had a great deal of fun fighting everyone even when we were wiping. It was a very enjoyable & challenging experience fighting against IoJ & SoS.

(edited by sklurb.6302)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I think every matchup since tier 4 an opposing team said, wait till next tier SoS is going to learn they are not good enough.

Doors don’t get stronger in Tier 1, you’ll be fine.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

Props to all the guilds that took part in the Multi-keep taking raid! All garrisons belong to the Sea of Sorrows. took us some time to get those golems up and running but worth the prize!

Attachments:

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: Roezz.5460

Roezz.5460

Why do people think portals are broken? Assuming you don’t have10 FPS, you can tell if enemies are coming through or not even if they do not all render, and take defensive measures—they exist and are not complicated.

Let’s be honest, it’s either the classic “don’t stand in the fire” issue which has plagued MMO’s since day one, aka skill levels vary, or people simply not wanting to have to be organized and go through trial and error. WvW does not need to be made simpler and more predictable.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Doors don’t get stronger in Tier 1, you’ll be fine.

I do not know why people use the terms good and skill when discussing WvW. Do people not understand the concept of population and timezone coverage yet?
You could make a server of the best PvP players alive but if they cannot fully coverage 1 or 2 timeframes they lose period.
Sure there are competency of leaders and tactics and how much money people will dump in defending points but that is all secondary to numbers and coverage
This isnt a game of personal skill and WvW isn’t about personal skill.

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

go play spvp if you’re looking for personal skill. WvW is more about organisation, participation and dedication.

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Why do people think portals are broken? Assuming you don’t have10 FPS, you can tell if enemies are coming through or not even if they do not all render, and take defensive measures—they exist and are not complicated.

Let’s be honest, it’s either the classic “don’t stand in the fire” issue which has plagued MMO’s since day one, aka skill levels vary, or people simply not wanting to have to be organized and go through trial and error. WvW does not need to be made simpler and more predictable.

Culling is so bad that we often cannot see the portals, ad we also don’t know whose they are when we can see them. They need to make them require more time to be usable and be much more visible and obvious.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.5298

Cactus.5298

Culling is so bad that we often cannot see the portals, ad we also don’t know whose they are when we can see them. They need to make them require more time to be usable and be much more visible and obvious.

I don’t think that making the portals require more time to be usable is gonna fix the problem. You have quite a few Mesmers in a typical WvW group that the CD wouldn’t mean a thing. The way to fix this problem is for Anet to improve rendering of the players within WvW. When I get portal bombed by other players we have a pretty good warning in advance what’s gonna happen. Whenever that portal goes down we spread out and AOE the crap out of it. Whoever is unlucky enough to get through ends up dead in less than a second.

It’s not a good idea to tweak the skills around faulty rendering issues like we have here. In fact, it would be lazy of Anet to take this approach.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Why do you people have such little faith on your own server? claiming that it needs to be dropped 1 or 2 tiers down? I’m personally on SoR and whenever I hear someone say “we deserve to be on T3,” I remind them of how severely we spanked the crap about of Tarnished Coast just 2 weeks ago. The score was sometihng like 500,000 to 50,000 or something. Well, look who’s dominating T3 right now. That’s right.. TC, the same server we dominated.

I don’t think SoS, SoR, or IoJ deserves to be dropped out of T2. Sure, your WvW population may have drastically been reduced over the past few weeks, but that’s mainly because people are losing interest in this game, and that’s universal for all other servers. So relatively speaking, I we’re all fine in T2.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Baek sadly I agree with you. However IoJ has lost its 24/7 coverage even at the basic level. This week in Oceanic timeslot 4-5 Aussie/Korean guilds have repeatadly taken IoJ for PPT’s in the sub 100’s to PPT’s circa 300.

However, crucially in the US and Euro timeslots our presence is so limited we are outmanned on EVERY BL. No commanders on many maps and as such we loose everything we had. We have basically an 8 hour window of where we are competative.

I think being T2 will require you to be at least able to defend when out of whatever your geo-prime is, or at least having two geo-primes. So unless IoJ can attract some EU/US guilds then we are going down.

By Christmas I cannot imagine there being more than 6 and perhaps only 3 servers with reasonable coverage, unless of course there is some sort of merge.

Thats also not taking into account things like PlanetSide2 which is a direct competitor to those who enjoy persistent WvW biffo.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

First most of us heard of this ‘best commander in gw2’ business. I’d like to a few of our commanders in this election or contest.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

As always,

The Republic (SPQR) of Sanctum of Rall presents several videos for your viewing leisure on the fighting. These are against Sea Of Sorrows. Enjoy. (I dont claim to be a video editing guru.)

Will be posting another one vs a keep held by PRX. Enjoy !

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

beating the server that houses sinister swarm 3 times consecutively has been amazing for me and renewed my belief in video game karma.

in WvW

Posted by: Proud Heart.7623

Proud Heart.7623

Guess who just took Stonemist? lol

Attachments:

Character Name: Proud Heart
Guild: Team Legacy [TL]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: TwinkOwnsFace.7968

TwinkOwnsFace.7968

Five bucks says ioj starts building a waypoint.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Proud Heart.7623

Proud Heart.7623

Nah. We fortified the hell out of the thing, and right before the reset the inner gate went down.

Character Name: Proud Heart
Guild: Team Legacy [TL]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This was last weekend vs SOR and SOS for me

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Mishi.7058

That was a nice hit. SoR had been trebbing for a while when SoS had it, so after IoJ took SM, it was nice. All the upgrades wiped, and we broke in fast after y’all took it from SoS.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

MiasmicMist.1420

I would like to welcome Knight of Flowers and Silvannas to the status of Commander from Caedas [CDS]! After spending a great deal of time with me and learning my methods and how to increase player morale/organization, they became WvW Officers for CDS and we farmed commander tags for the both of them! As such, CDS will be able to assist more with overnight coverage during my absences because of this bullkitten thing called working to pay bills. /cry

Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

A 40 minute slugfest against PRX.

The Republic (SPQR), Sanctum of Rall.

-Yours truly, Napolean (SPQR)

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

I would like to welcome Knight of Flowers and Silvannas to the status of Commander from Caedas [CDS]! After spending a great deal of time with me and learning my methods and how to increase player morale/organization, they became WvW Officers for CDS and we farmed commander tags for the both of them! As such, CDS will be able to assist more with overnight coverage during my absences because of this bullkitten thing called working to pay bills. /cry

We had a bunch of fun in EB with you all. Looking forward to playing together in the future. EB tonight was a blast. IoJ were incredibly sneaky and took Stonemist before we realized it. Looking forward to the reset tomorrow to get a fresh start.

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

MiasmicMist.1420

Also, I do not want to leave out somebody very important! Many of you may recognize Commander Jack Lowland. He was a former FL guild member and after his application got approved he joined Caedas [CDS] some time ago. After spending a great deal of time acclimating him to CDS and how we do things/and treat our server community he has proven time and time again he deserves to be here. As such, I have granted him full permission to display his Commander tag as a CDS representative. His assistance will be during mostly during NA prime time and mornings. If you ever need reinforcements to a keep or map somewhere, we are hardcore WvW addicts and you may contact either of us 4 CDS Commanders and we will lend our aid to the best of our ability!

Now that the politics are over… Can I get a score update please? At work on lunch!

Also, here’s to you IoJ and SoS. I have thoroughly enjoyed facing both of you in WvW these past weeks, and I wish you the best of luck in your future matchups! Here’s to meeting on the battlefield again, cheers!

Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Sethryno.4651

Sethryno.4651

Just want to say a huge thanks to both SoR and IoJ
SoR, You guys came into the forums with all guns blazing, Halloween hit and the excuses started to flow, never the less you guys still had times where we were on our back feet, few tips though, dont complain about 2v1 and then suggest strategically wise that having a truce between SoR and IoJ vs SoS should be a good idea. If you guys spent as much time in the battle field than in the forum you may have actually been a bit harder to beat.
IoJ nothing but the utmost respect for you guys, after a tough week in t1 you guys fought well, your tactics were well executed with what resources you had, always been a good fight and plenty of various strategies and counters.
On behalf of Team Shatter its been a great experience Thanks

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Just want to say a huge thanks to both SoR and IoJ
SoR, You guys came into the forums with all guns blazing, Halloween hit and the excuses started to flow, never the less you guys still had times where we were on our back feet, few tips though, dont complain about 2v1 and then suggest strategically wise that having a truce between SoR and IoJ vs SoS should be a good idea. If you guys spent as much time in the battle field than in the forum you may have actually been a bit harder to beat.
IoJ nothing but the utmost respect for you guys, after a tough week in t1 you guys fought well, your tactics were well executed with what resources you had, always been a good fight and plenty of various strategies and counters.
On behalf of Team Shatter its been a great experience Thanks

A few things in regards to your “tips”
As far as I am Aware SoR never offered or even considered a Truce with anyone.
However we were offered a Truce and declined it.
Also any WvW normal for SoR you won’t see really complaining about any 2v1’s.

Best of luck to you in Tier 1.

@Miasmic:
Thanks for the announcement. :P
I could make fun of you, but I’ll save that for Ventrilo. <3

@Dear Hunter.8365 :
That was a lot of fun last night. I can’t wait till WvW reset, and all future fights along side you and everyone

Commander Silvannas

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Best screenshot ever. Made me laugh out loud :p

in WvW

Posted by: mikomalupa.8740

mikomalupa.8740

So because someone doesn’t log on for a while that automatically makes them a bad commander.

Nice logic.

Over a month makes them non-existent. Mara, Owl, and Mia are the only dedicated commanders I’ve encountered that actually spoke in /team to rally the troops. Losing just one of them crippled our chances of making tier 1.

I could always start commanding again if I could find the time to log in for an extended period. I actually took a step back because Miasmic and Alpaca Owl were all we needed with the amount of people we have on for the night crew. We don’t have the night population for more than two commanders. If I started commanding again it would only split what little forces we have even more. That is the only reason I held back (that and my insane work schedule lately). That and I found a good group of like-minded crazy people to take on some of the smaller tactical challenges that are needed to support the main body.
I wont be here for restart this week as I have an award ceremony that I have to attend on Friday night, but I will definitely be around Saturday/Sunday. And If Miasmic or Alpaca ever need me to fill in for them I’m quite happy to oblige, I just haven’t seen the need because they are doing well.

who exactly are you referring to when you say ‘crazy group’ i’m quite curious because i know a crazy group myself.