2013 - BG-Kain-TC

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

Are we allowed to talk all of this in a PG-rated thread, with Chuck Norris around?

looks at CNB guys

Chuck Norris approves

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Best matchup thread everrrrrrrr… Score updates tattoo’ed on yaks, great stories, and whenever I go to report a troll…. It’s already been done! So fun and efficient, great week so far!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Hiya War Machine, KO, and whoever other massive amount of Kain numbers that were also at Bay on TCBL the past 2 hours. [KnT] and Blackgate says hello!

That was epic.

cough

…and TC we can’t forget they made an appearance, they did come in there, I know this because I was one of the internal cannon & mortar operators when they did

However, it wasn’t quite to the same level of blot out the sun, purge all sentient life from the zone, screaming hordes destruction numbers of Kaining (I think it was WM, maybe RE and a couple of others) that descended upon the beach resort known as ‘bay’.

So yes, after fending off the TC gate crashers, 30, maybe 40 kain rolled up and pretty much wrecked everything green in the south after punting us… eventually, out of our alpine resort known as hills.
19 KnT, half a dozen other exceptional BG persons, we can do this and we did.
There was portals, mad dashes for supply, breaking stuff, killing people open field fights on walls, speed-building, more fireworks and we’re thinking we’re pretty clever fellas at this point.

“loooooool” says Kaining… “you only thought there was 30, maybe 40, no we can port in at least another group of 20-30 people and we will poop in your dirty bay and make tier 1 again!”
25 vs 70+, the yanks make hipster ironic jokes about all our ‘oceanic relief’ turning up, how its my fault we need more aussies to play on BG.

Things get turned up to 110% effort as the outer walls are covered in angry people, with sharp objects, siege (and keep breaking my mortar!) and anything past the inner wall will get gobbled up and eaten. That inner wall goes down, it gets a little ‘intense’, we know [NOC] are coming, but we don’t quite know ‘when’, low on hit points, surrounded by evil, knee deep in dead-uns…

But they do and the 20 or so NOC that make it in are enough to save the day!

We then rampage all over TC BL.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

LOLCATS Score Update!

You’re welcome.

Attachments:

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

LOLCATS Score Update!

You’re welcome.

Lol how original… +1 for that post

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Lol very nice cat update, I approve

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Hiya War Machine, KO, and whoever other massive amount of Kain numbers that were also at Bay on TCBL the past 2 hours. [KnT] and Blackgate says hello!

That was epic.

cough

SNIP…

We then rampage all over TC BL.

HAHA! I’ve been saving this picture just for a moment like this one. Thanks Thresher!

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Arbagast.5817

Arbagast.5817

Did everyone just get dumped out of TCBL, or was it just my guild?

Krae [MoM]
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dedelta.5018

Dedelta.5018

So TC BL is down and wont let anybody in on the Tarnished Coast side. How about yall BG or Kaineng

Master of Minions – [TSF] The Shining Force
Necromancer\Elementalist\Guardian\Theif
[TC] Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Just so you know I wasn’t kidding about the machine guns on the yak…
Let’s just say an Engi I know gave me the idea. ~lightbulb~

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Dedelta.5018

Dedelta.5018

Nvm TC BL is now back up

Master of Minions – [TSF] The Shining Force
Necromancer\Elementalist\Guardian\Theif
[TC] Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Arbagast.5817

Arbagast.5817

Does Christopher Walken have hacking skills? Nevermind….of course he does.

Krae [MoM]
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Seriously, whose secret commander is Walter Bishop here? An entire BL got crashed!

Attachments:

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

phaneo.4597

Now I know who’s responsible for the bugs with the lightning hitting our siege even when we own all nodes. It’s him, ladies & gentlemen!

Attachments:

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

Grumpy Cat knows what’s what…

Attachments:

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

I wanted to give a shout out to all major guilds on BG and TC (too many to list here). Being on Kaineng since T6 it’s finally refreshing to have good competition that drives CO to practice over and over to fight some of your strategies. We are learning a lot from how Agg/FoE/GoF/iCoa run things and how PINK runs things. We know we are a new name in WvW amongst all the longer established guilds but we are no strangers.

Thank you again and when you see us on the battlefield next time, bow, and fight to the death!

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeDredd.9865

JudgeDredd.9865

LOLCATS Score Update!

You’re welcome.

But but…… we hav SM so we win

/me puts on tinfoil hat

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

Well, I’ve only been WvWing for the past 3 or 4 days, but it does seem to me that my server (Tarnished Coast) just doesn’t have enough people interested in participating in WvW. We try anyway, and usually fail, but I’m also seeing commanders in map chat getting bitter towards each other, as if there is some sort of power struggle or something. I’m new, so I don’t know the history. But shouldn’t they be working together? Or is it just an inside joke? Trolling, maybe? -shrug-

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Well, I’ve only been WvWing for the past 3 or 4 days, but it does seem to me that my server (Tarnished Coast) just doesn’t have enough people interested in participating in WvW. We try anyway, and usually fail, but I’m also seeing commanders in map chat getting bitter towards each other, as if there is some sort of power struggle or something. I’m new, so I don’t know the history. But shouldn’t they be working together? Or is it just an inside joke? Trolling, maybe? -shrug-

no worry… people called each other noob sometimes when in fact they were just joking…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Have you tried joining a WvW guild or avoiding TCBL? At least, that’s where I assume you’re going based on the description.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

You should try to get into one of the big wvw guilds (such as my guild’s) enemy borderland push lots fun out of it on top of rewarding experiences/captures

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

jwburks.9735

Have you tried joining a WvW guild or avoiding TCBL? At least, that’s where I assume you’re going based on the description.

I wasn’t about to throw myself at guilds just yet until I got more experience. I played Warhammer for years, but I was a Zealot (healer). Now I’ve been running out there as a thief. I don’t do too badly, I guess. But I still don’t fully understand the setup. And yes, you are right. Borderlands. I don’t think I’ve gone beyond the top half of the map yet, as we keep fighting over the same 3 or 4 areas all day long. We don’t have enough people, and it’s frustrating. Every time we go to take a keep, a group 4x the size of ours comes out and it’s like a freight train running over a basket full of kittens (<—— not a bad word, I mean literal kittens, just to be clear). Fight to take one of the three supply camps, our garrison, lose them a few minutes after. Wash, rinse, repeat. Try to take the eastern keep, fail, run back, die again . . . you get the picture.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

I wasn’t about to throw myself at guilds just yet until I got more experience. I played Warhammer for years, but I was a Zealot (healer). Now I’ve been running out there as a thief. I don’t do too badly, I guess. But I still don’t fully understand the setup. And yes, you are right. Borderlands. I don’t think I’ve gone beyond the top half of the map yet, as we keep fighting over the same 3 or 4 areas all day long. We don’t have enough people, and it’s frustrating. Every time we go to take a keep, a group 4x the size of ours comes out and it’s like a freight train running over a basket full of kittens (<—— not a bad word, I mean literal kittens, just to be clear). Fight to take one of the three supply camps, our garrison, lose them a few minutes after. Wash, rinse, repeat. Try to take the eastern keep, fail, run back, die again . . . you get the picture.

Yes, home border land’s defense can be very frustrating in T2, but try your hands with offensive BLs, your opinion of WvW being boring might change. And you play a thief, one of the funnest profs in WvW, once you get enough experiences you’d be able to pull off some crazy stunts

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

ICoa manned the gate on BGBL tonight (with a key assist from KnT for a critical five minutes). No passing for you.

Pretty much the entire night was “I want this camp in the next two minutes” and “Breakout at tower x”.

BTW TC, you like our new cat spot? After last nights cat location test, I sure do. Much cheaper local.

Again, good fights all around.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

jwburks.9735

Yes, home border land’s defense can be very frustrating in T2, but try your hands with offensive BLs, your opinion of WvW being boring might change. And you play a thief, one of the funnest profs in WvW, once you get enough experiences you’d be able to pull off some crazy stunts

It’s not boring, really, it’s just that it feels like we’re against impossible odds. I don’t think we are bad by any means at all, we just don’t have the numbers. After a few hours, it starts to feel pointless to try anymore. But try we do.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

phaneo.4597

It’s not boring, really, it’s just that it feels like we’re against impossible odds. I don’t think we are bad by any means at all, we just don’t have the numbers. After a few hours, it starts to feel pointless to try anymore. But try we do.

Trust me, we’re in a much better position now compared to, say, last October.
Sees nightmares of enemy zergs with 30k HP warriors each outside all gates of spawn and shudders.

Nothing can get worse than orb buffs. You’re lucky you started in this era lol. Just give it some time and you’ll appreciate the fight and the spirit that the server has. 3-4 days is too early to really judge. There are a few trolls, just like any server, but majority of the community is amazing. When things get frustrating, maybe form a small party and go yak sniping or camp flipping to understand the basics maybe? It’ll be fun. Sure we’ll lose them eventually, but we all know that already. We’re fighting because we enjoy the fights. I saw a fully upgraded keep being flipped yesterday in BGBL due to us being distracted at a camp by enemies and a few afk’ers inside the keep. But what was satisfying was that we also fought and have beaten enemy groups bigger than ours while we were outmanned in open field battles on the very same day. They have enjoyed it as much as we did and that’s what matters in the end. Take it slow, have some patience and you’ll appreciate WvW in TC overall.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Telegraph.7509

Telegraph.7509

Trust me, we’re in a much better position now compared to, say, last October.
Sees nightmares of enemy zergs with 30k HP warriors each outside all gates of spawn and shudders.

ahhhh, those 3 am TCBL sessions with a bunkered up Dawn’s Eyre (with a hole in the wall) as our only holding on any map, and commander Coryphaeus wax poetics about how he hates (a certain server)

Good times!

(edited by Telegraph.7509)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

phaneo.4597

ahhhh, those 3 am TCBL sessions with a bunkered up Dawn’s Eyre (with a hole in the wall) as our only holding on any map, and commander Coryphaeus wax poetics about how he hates ***********.

Good times!

Shhhh :P

Yea, Cory’s been missing though. Wish he’d show up now and then. Always did great with fewer numbers with him. Phantom however has taken over his mantle by fighting zergs off with broken walls in NE tower, during our outmanned hours. That tower is his baby for a reason. :P

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Sarasti.2453

Sarasti.2453

Someone in this thread said “Oppa Kaineng Style” and I thought, “Why not?”

Disclaimer: I apologize for nuffin’, especially sparkling pink ponies. We have several of them living in TCBL Citadel actually.

Attachments:

Sarâsti, level 80 charr mesmer
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

Great fights tonight on TC BL, GoF had a blast fighting all 3 servers!! Your all very tough cookies!

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

Crazy fun fights this weekend have been ruining my ability to study. Creating new Zerg fighting builds have been fun. My favorite is a thief lure build to tempt thieves to come and play….then smash their faces in the ground! Grahahaha!

I have to bow to the Thief/Warrior duos out there! Impossibly strong synergy! I believe I have seen a pair on both TC and BG, so nice team work. I run like a scared kitten and hide in corners if I manage to see them first. I can handle the thief for the most part but when the warrior lays down the hammer its game over.

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

That was epic.

cough

.snip.

Oh you misunderstood my post … I was just nudging our dear Liquid fellah .. seems he owes us a video of him eating a sock.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Someone in this thread said “Oppa Kaineng Style” and I thought, “Why not?”

Disclaimer: I apologize for nuffin’, especially sparkling pink ponies. We have several of them living in TCBL Citadel actually.

Oh that’s awesome! You are such an amazing artist

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Ahoy matey! Many o’ us know others in ’da various guilds, so it be common ’fer commanders ’ta mess with other ’fer some fun, especially on a slow night.

That be said, you are free ’ta roam with TSP, we run a smaller crew, and currently work along side other guilds. On occasion, I turn on me blue dorito when there be no one on and we have some merry fun!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

Anyone have a score update for those of us trapped at work? Thanks

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

That was epic.

cough

.snip.

Oh you misunderstood my post … I was just nudging our dear Liquid fellah .. seems he owes us a video of him eating a sock.

Got a video of him eating dirt around the 9min mark if that helps :o

(least he’s buried under a mound of dead enemies )

http://youtu.be/huXvXO_hFBk

Actually fairly rare footage, there is not many KnT videos out there as we’re pretty humble, its filmed by Roger our squishy but very brave scout.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Score update:
———-

Attachments:

Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

Actually fairly rare footage, there is not many KnT videos out there as we’re pretty humble, its filmed by Roger our squishy but very brave scout.

I thought Roger was a shrubber? Thanks for the vid! Fight you guys very often, so nice to see from your perspective.

And thanks to everyone for the fantastic score updates, images and general hilarity. For those of us who spend more time at work (cough forums cough) than in game, this is what I wish every match could be.

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Aw I didn’t think BG did the corpse jumping thing …

Attachments:

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

It is a bit of a quandary, JW. In T3, TC was top of the heap with no contenders and no challenge either. In T2, we’re fighting for our very lives against 2 servers whose populations dwarf ours.

TC may be 3rd in T2…..but it is T2.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

He’s jumping in joy that he was able to fight an awesome TC!

Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I go out of my way to /bow to our competitors …

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

While this is true that we dont have as many ppl as we use to it seems. It does help to join a guild you can run with, or at least find a couple players you can regularly group with. Dying alone can get very frustrating. Even a small group running around can make WvW really fun and make the other side wonder wth. When you do die theres plenty to laugh at. If your ever on EB hit me up anytime.. you can come be a part of our small stealth group, or join up with the zerg. Doesnt matter if you want to join the guild Im in or not your more than welcome to run with us… we will show you EB can be fun, all maps can.

(edited by katanah.8431)

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

That was epic.

cough

.snip.

Oh sorry I haven’t been paying attention. Did WM actually participate in the Dolyak parade last week?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Got a video of him eating dirt around the 9min mark if that helps :o

(least he’s buried under a mound of dead enemies )

http://youtu.be/huXvXO_hFBk

Haha actually that isn’t me, although coincidentally I am in [KnT]. I was on my Elementalist named Zendimas during that Bay defense.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Jayne.9251

That was epic.

cough

.snip.

Oh sorry I haven’t been paying attention. Did WM actually participate in the Dolyak parade last week?

Y’know, you may be right there .. I know we had some KN folks running along with us, but I didn’t notice if there were any WM .. bah, technicality! Safe .. for now .. till I review my photos

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Good morning BG & TC.
GET READY TO FIGHT!!!

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

While this is true that we dont have as many ppl as we use to it seems. It does help to join a guild you can run with, or at least find a couple players you can regularly group with. Dying alone can get very frustrating. Even a small group running around can make WvW really fun and make the other side wonder wth. When you do die theres plenty to laugh at. If your ever on EB hit me up anytime.. you can come be a part of our small stealth group, or join up with the zerg. Doesnt matter if you want to join the guild Im in or not your more than welcome to run with us… we will show you EB can be fun, all maps can.

I’d rather have ‘da current crew we be haven, instead of stomping T3 ’wit a bunch o’ fair weather players comin’ in ‘fer ’da easy loot. While we are currently fighting tooth ’n nail ’fer what we own, it still be a mighty fine fight. I know ’da past few weeks be hardening an already salty crew o’ TSP, and it really helps show which guilds are in ‘dis through thick and thin, and which ones aren’t.

That be said, we still welcome all ‘ta come out and join us, RP’ers and PvE’ers alike. We’ll find ye a group, make ye comfy, and it be you guys that will help us ’ta lead the server ’ta victory.

If the same amount o’ our server that fights Jormag came ’ta WvW, we could fill up an entire BL ’wit just that group alone.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Quaggan playdate score update! 1716PM GMT/1216PM EST/0918AM PST:

Attachments:

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

2013 - BG-Kain-TC

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I go out of my way to /bow to our competitors …

Maybe he was trying to “jump your bones” xD <3.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer