2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

I remember SoS having a ton of Spikeroot Fruit users. That’s what I remember SoS for.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: profitsports.5789

profitsports.5789

those small guilds who moved to bg think they can beat jq?? puahahaha

the only reason these guilds are even mentioned is because they gained popularity by bandwagoning to a top server. no guild can do what wm has done. none.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

So how did [Hire] of SoR manage to get to inner gate of JQ garrison without breaking the water gate? With absolutely no swords up?

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

So how did [Hire] of SoR manage to get to inner gate of JQ garrison without breaking the water gate? With absolutely no swords up?

if you are talking about red swords they made it so its 25 people with the new patch so that might be the reason why

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

if you are talking about red swords they made it so its 25 people with the new patch so that might be the reason why

It is not red swords, there was absolutely no swords up, not white, orange or red lol. I was watching the water gate which is up and no swords on garrison when i turn around and saw a Hire zerg of 40 with 3 golems on inner gate.

Unless this is something new in the patch that i am unaware of…

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: waha.4921

waha.4921

Looking forward to next week’s WVW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B7S0GWtgHnw

Waha

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Murakami.5243

Murakami.5243

It is not red swords, there was absolutely no swords up, not white, orange or red lol. I was watching the water gate which is up and no swords on garrison when i turn around and saw a Hire zerg of 40 with 3 golems on inner gate.

We built 4 golems (1 must have culled for you) and portalled them to the watergate which we easily broke down and then we portalled them up to the inner gate. We were inside fighting and we took the garrison.

If the gates were closed behind us then someone on your server must have fixed the gates. I did see one of them repair the inner gate on us while I was inside.

How come it was so quiet tonight from JQ? We were surprised we didn’t face an army defending garrison before we flipped it. It may have something to do with the 25 swords patch which I believe personally to be game breaking and I highly want it nerfed down to 10 or so.

Golden Company X I I I [GC]
Developer of GW2 WvW for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gw2-wvw/id653987126?mt=8

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Skychain.4916

Skychain.4916

The real losers here us on SoS still. To leave is too expensive.

Kriptyc BG [NOC]

(edited by Skychain.4916)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

The real losers here us on SoS still. To leave is too expensive.

I disagree. People are actually starting to relax and looking forward to T2 now that all the drama with the transfers are over. Tonight in eb we had a queue even, and a commander train running amok. People were having more fun then anytime in the last few days.

Of course Foo had to come along and ruin our party eventually… We offered them drinks and snacks at Ogre, but they decided they would rather ransack the place and kick us out.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

There have been so many bugs with this patch, wouldn’t surprise me if the swords are bugged. The fix for thieves not being able to stealth on walls seems to not be working also, I was able to C&D on walls and gates still. So you still need to keep an eye out for them when you sweep.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

What he is saying is that it isnt important what they say. Blackgate will prove its worth on the battlefield one way or another. Honestly you shouldn’t be concerned about what trolls say in this thread or any other.

The spotlight is always on T1 servers, and how each server reacts to those that deal with situations like this is important. At the end of the day just make plans to dedicate yourself to showing what BG is made of on the field, and not in the forums.

Most of us can’t wait to get a server that will fight. We are very happy to be receiving BG again.

I say we all fight for as hard and as we can for as long as we can and let the score fall where it may. Win, lose, or draw it should prove a fun time.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Most of us can’t wait to get a server that will fight. We are very happy to be receiving BG again.

With all due respect to SoR they have been placed between a rock and a hard place this week. With the SoS collapse and the huge migration to BG, SoR has been left to fight JQ alone.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

:) part of a grander scheme. goodluck T1!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Is it too soon to start the “SoR and BG are double-teaming us” thing?

#TeamJadeQuarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Mohmohchan.4120

uhm nope, you guys can play BG

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Is it too soon to start the “SoR and BG are double-teaming us” thing?

No way!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Mohmohchan.4120

BG, JQ have good guilds and maybe community too. We don’t know. Hope arenanet sets a meet-and-greet server event somewhere in the eastern coast. lol!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

I’ve played through wins, second places, third places, dropping a Tier, and still had fun. Folks who say it’s no fun when there no chance of winning are playing for the wrong reasons…

Now, don’t get upset, this is not your fault. Anet never really got the message home that WvW was NEVER inteded to be fair, balanced or competative. In fact, the whole idea of having a score was just a way of ranking the servers to get them at least close to equal population. Placing 1st wasn’t about ‘winning’, it was about determining how much population your server has.

Take the week in portions. How did you do when you were on? Did you capture an objective? Did you get some badges or some loot or a lot of karma? Did you win a 1 on 1?

Score = Population. Higher population = higher score = rankings which match us up against servers of close to equal sides. 1st place doesn’t matter. T1 or T8 doesn’t matter. Nothing you do as a player will change the outcome of a week long match.

If it’s close, maybe the things your server does as a team will matter, but how much?

There is NO REWARD for higher point totals when the match ends. The rewards happen while you’re playing.

/end moment of sanity

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

How did one of my score updates make it to this thread without my permission? I expect to be paid royalties, someone owes me a dozen chocolate chip cookies.

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

With all due respect to SoR they have been placed between a rock and a hard place this week. With the SoS collapse and the huge migration to BG, SoR has been left to fight JQ alone.

Sounds like what happened to TC in Tier 2 against SBI and SoR.

BeeGee
Beast mode

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

2. We chose BG because of the even coverage they had, we were getting burnt out and tired of pushing hard every night in Oceanic / SEA timeslot going from 3pm till 2-3am (GMT+8) only to log out 10k up knowing FoO & JQ’s Euros would pvdoor and turn our 10k gain into 10-20k deficit when we logged in in the morning.

3. SoS simply did not have the guilds and coverage to compete in T1 anymore (I know this is a surprise for most who will say NO SOS’S COVERAGE WAS INSANE) our coverage and success was based on really dedicated guilds such as MERC, AoI, TySM, Agg, FoE & insane players like Amarathy, Patone, Kurthos and Jedahs pulling ridiculous hours and rallying people through our “offpeak” timezone to maintain a steady ppt during (people will say they all have done the same thing but really? I doubt that you were ever on Patone or Kurthos’s level), These people have become burnt out and quit / stopped going as hard. VoTF was our only EU and as amazing as this 108 man guild is they could not hold off JQ’s onslaught across all 4 maps.

Were you one of the people a few pages back who were mentioning how you play for the fights, not for the score? If not, then I apolgoize.

If so, those two statements above don’t really jive with that. Especially number 2. You make it clear that when you are on and playing hard you can win, and have a positive point tick above JQ (you state you leave with a point surplus). Your complaint is that when you log on your have a point deficit. But that has nothing to do with fights to be had. If you don’t care about points, you log on and just fight the good fight regardless.

Same goes for point 3. You guys don’t need to pull long hours and “double shifts” or whatever if all you care about are the fights. Fighting an overpopulated enemy is AWESOME if you are looking for fights, because it means YOU are never PvDooring. Who cares if your opponent PvDoors? That is their problem, but you know that whenever YOU are online there are only enemies to fight.

Really, for a true lover of WvW wouldn’t the BEST situation be the outnumbered server? The server that will never win, but will always have an enemy to fight because the leading server has people covering all time zones? You make it clear in Statement Two that when you are online you are competitive, you can produce a positive point tick. Shouldn’t that be all that matters?

Again, if you aren’t one of the people who said you “play for the fights” then disregard the post.

(edited by drwookie.6391)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

SoR deserves a ton of credit for continually showing up. It will pay off when BG gets up to full steam. SoR will be so used to fighting alone that having a neighbor that can distract JQ will seem easy.

It’s going to be fun.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I’m just wondering how long one has to be on a server before they become an expert on what the server stands for.

oh the irony….

All classes

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

(eyes SoR’s keeps)

I am thinking not everyone in this thread remembers the last few SoR/BG threads.

I am thinking the QQ will not be from the green team next week.

Oh and in regards to Fiesty, we will hold the score updates in abeyance until we can be certain all posters behave. :P

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I don’t think I much care for this 25 man marker change.

Our off-hours team is just getting destroyed. We don’t have enough people to have scouts on the map and our small 15 man team just keeps running into JQ’s 25 man teams over and over again.

At this rate it we’ll be lucky to get 5 people into WvW in the morning hours by the end of the week.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

They should remove swords all together.. Most old school pvpers, no not aion vets , understand why. Not surprising the guilds that rely on numbers the most are complaining the loudest

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

@ Drwookie

“Were you one of the people a few pages back who were mentioning how you play for the fights, not for the score? If not, then I apolgoize.”

A quick browse of Karp’s post history would indicate that he never posted that. Which sounds about right; Whilst fights are usually the peaks of fun, it feels hollow if there is no purpose to winning (or losing).

Amarathy
[ETA]

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

@ Drwookie

“Were you one of the people a few pages back who were mentioning how you play for the fights, not for the score? If not, then I apolgoize.”

A quick browse of Karp’s post history would indicate that he never posted that. Which sounds about right; Whilst fights are usually the peaks of fun, it feels hollow if there is no purpose to winning (or losing).

I always forget that you can click on someone and look at their post history.

There technically isn’t much “purpose” to winning or losing as it is though. As long as you stay in Tier 1, what really changes being number 1 or number 2? Honestly I couldn’t have cared less that we (JQ) were Number 2/3 for weeks in a row against SoS. If we were winning and they were number 2, it would have been the same fights so who cares? If the game implemented and actual reason to win, maybe things would change.

As it is though, fights are really ALL there is, so if someone wants to state that when they are online they have good fights (as evidenced by logging off with a positive point tick, as he described), what is the problem with logging back on 12 hours later to find a score deficit? Just gives you more things to take back/fight over.

Now if he wanted to argue that JQ was just so populous that even when he WAS online there was no purpose to fighting just because SoS has nobody and JQ was a huge sea of people…I could understand his reason for leaving. But he didn’t say that. He indicated he was “sick” of being on SoS because when he logs back in the next day he is losing in points.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I like the 25 sword change.

IMO, it works like this:

1. Swords on the map are good for complete 100% casual random players that want to look for some action. A 25-player fight is a good destination for that player.

2. For all other players, get some scouting and communication. This newly invigorated “FOG OF WAR” simply means WvW can be much more interesting now.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I like the 25 sword change.

IMO, it works like this:

1. Swords on the map are good for complete 100% casual random players that want to look for some action. A 25-player fight is a good destination for that player.

Unless of course those swords indicate 25 enemies fighting a moa bird…

That would not be a great place to go for a casual random player…

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

I agree, the numbers are arbitrary but when they’re close it feels like you can have an impact. Your effort and performance will just slightly contribute to the collective efforts of your server, and if that slight change is the difference between victory and defeat then it’s hard not to take some sense of accomplishment away from it. Really the problem lies in the fact we’re taking hardcore guilds and putting them in a game designed for a casual playerbase. As such, the spirit of competitiveness that resides in these hardcore guilds try to find some sense of purpose in the game. For guilds like VoTF, RG and a lot of the euro’s, this comes down to open field tactics. For some guilds, it comes down to being able to assualt heavily defended keeps. For the majority of other guilds there, ours included, it is a mix of these things. The PPT is a horrible thing to put onto the stress of these players, but without it there literally exists no balance between these spectrum. Without that balance, a lot of guilds are in shambles as why to play.

As for JQ’s population I’m going to avoid this topic because I believe the horse has been beaten out of existence when it comes to opinions on the matter. I just hope that our decision to move to BG will bring people from all tier 1 servers out to play regardless of score. Morale is helluva drug.

Amarathy
[ETA]

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Wotah.2975

I don’t think I much care for this 25 man marker change.

Our off-hours team is just getting destroyed. We don’t have enough people to have scouts on the map and our small 15 man team just keeps running into JQ’s 25 man teams over and over again.

At this rate it we’ll be lucky to get 5 people into WvW in the morning hours by the end of the week.

I agree it should be lowered. I always thought three groups make a nice strong grouping in WvW. I think it should be limited to 15.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Krash.9486

Krash.9486

And the cannibals get cannibalized….

So if the bandwagon jump to BG is successful and JQ is knocked out of 1st place or even T1…..where are those guilds that just have to be number one going to go next?

Kaineng ?

just wondering.. =/

[SBI] Champions of Stormbluff Isle

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

I agree, the numbers are arbitrary but when they’re close it feels like you can have an impact. Your effort and performance will just slightly contribute to the collective efforts of your server, and if that slight change is the difference between victory and defeat then it’s hard not to take some sense of accomplishment away from it. Really the problem lies in the fact we’re taking hardcore guilds and putting them in a game designed for a casual playerbase. As such, the spirit of competitiveness that resides in these hardcore guilds try to find some sense of purpose in the game. For guilds like VoTF, RG and a lot of the euro’s, this comes down to open field tactics. For some guilds, it comes down to being able to assualt heavily defended keeps. For the majority of other guilds there, ours included, it is a mix of these things. The PPT is a horrible thing to put onto the stress of these players, but without it there literally exists no balance between these spectrum. Without that balance, a lot of guilds are in shambles as why to play.

As for JQ’s population I’m going to avoid this topic because I believe the horse has been beaten out of existence when it comes to opinions on the matter. I just hope that our decision to move to BG will bring people from all tier 1 servers out to play regardless of score. Morale is helluva drug.

I believe that is well said, I do ultimately agree in the end if the move means WvW is more active in Tier 1, then I welcome it. I just logged into the JQ TS to find every single borderland/EB chatroom empty….and most people who are logged in are in “Dungeon” or “PvE” channels of each guild.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So if the bandwagon jump to BG is successful and JQ is knocked out of 1st place or even T1…..where are those guilds that just have to be number one going to go next?

Kaineng ?

just wondering.. =/

From what I’ve seen of the guilds we have on JQ I’d be honestly surprised if people jumped ship simply because of being knocked down. Cats, it happened before and we help together nicely and came back stronger than ever. (Avoided the “kitten” filter!)

#TeamJadeQuarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

They should remove swords all together.. Most old school pvpers, no not aion vets , understand why. Not surprising the guilds that rely on numbers the most are complaining the loudest

I disagree

I think it benefits the guilds with larger numbers, it certainly helped FoO this morning.

SoR was outmanned on our home BL until I went and took a nap at 1 PM EST. Our off-hours team is small and lacks coordination as its a coalition of guilds since no one guild has more than 3 members on at that time. Usually we’re successful at holding half the BL simply by avoiding the orange swords on the map and moving around back capping what is taken.

But today JQ was running a 10 man supply camp team and 2 25 man tower teams. There were white swords everywhere on the map and no orange swords, as I said earlier we don’t have enough people to send scouts so we’re just moving around praying we run into an uncontested camp or the 10 man team. But we kept running into the 25 man teams and wiping, some of our more casual players got extremely kitten and left.

It certainly benefits organization over non-organization which is only going to compound the ‘coverage’ issue in this match up.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Krash.9486

Kaineng ?

just wondering.. =/

From what I’ve seen of the guilds we have on JQ I’d be honestly surprised if people jumped ship simply because of being knocked down. Cats, it happened before and we help together nicely and came back stronger than ever. (Avoided the “kitten” filter!)

I am sorry, of course you are right. I can think of no guild on JQ that would jump ship simply because the server is not doing as well as it once had.

My apologizes sir!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

I disagree

I think it benefits the guilds with larger numbers, it certainly helped FoO this morning.

SoR was outmanned on our home BL until I went and took a nap at 1 PM EST. Our off-hours team is small and lacks coordination as its a coalition of guilds since no one guild has more than 3 members on at that time. Usually we’re successful at holding half the BL simply by avoiding the orange swords on the map and moving around back capping what is taken.

But today JQ was running a 10 man supply camp team and 2 25 man tower teams. There were white swords everywhere on the map and no orange swords, as I said earlier we don’t have enough people to send scouts so we’re just moving around praying we run into an uncontested camp or the 10 man team. But we kept running into the 25 man teams and wiping, some of our more casual players got extremely kitten and left.

It certainly benefits organization over non-organization which is only going to compound the ‘coverage’ issue in this match up.

I guess if your looking for uncontested camps I could see why you might be upset. I dont know I guess I am used to pvp games that dont hold the players hand.

This isnt going to stop the 25+ man zergs, I hear ya on casuals getting discouraged on getting ran over, but it at least it adds a level of fog of war and opens the door for more roaming. Honestly if they removed all open field swords I would be happy.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Some great fights early oceanic last night on EB. We got wiped a number of times but the mood was upbeat and a lot of our opponents were up levelled players who also appeared to be enjoying themselves. Plenty of kills for all sides.

Good luck, enjoy the game.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

Kaineng ?

just wondering.. =/

I am sorry, of course you are right. I can think of no guild on JQ that would jump ship simply because the server is not doing as well as it once had.

My apologizes sir!

I am glad SBI finally found a tier/s that suits it’s servers player base.

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Krash.9486

I am glad SBI finally found a tier/s that suits it’s servers player base.

Thanks! =)

The most fun I have had in WvW in a long time! I am running your build on my ele BTW…works great!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Kaineng ?

just wondering.. =/

Even If JQ were to lose a match, rating would keep JQ #1 for the following week. JQ also had a large stable WvW player core before the transfer lockdown. So it wouldn’t lose more than a few fair weather guilds in the worst case.

The other thing is to also take into account that T1 will be competitive with 3 heavily active servers kicking each other as much as possible in the jollies. So if there is an exchange of crowns it will be hard fought and won by sub 30k leads.

-KNT- BG

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

We get way too bored sometimes

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Krash.9486

Kaineng ?

just wondering.. =/

Even If JQ were to lose a match, rating would keep JQ #1 for the following week. JQ also had a large stable WvW player core before the transfer lockdown. So it wouldn’t lose more than a few fair weather guilds in the worst case.

The other thing is to also take into account that T1 will be competitive with 3 heavily active servers kicking each other as much as possible in the jollies. So if there is an exchange of crowns it will be hard fought and won by sub 30k leads.

For your sake I hope you are right. But take out “JQ” and insert HoD, IoJ SBI, SoS..etc and most of the above statement applied then too.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

My apologizes sir!

I can, every guild that recently transferred over for starters.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

My apologizes sir!

I can, every guild that recently transferred over for starters.

I could be way off, but i’m fairly certain he was being sarcastic.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Updates!

You can take our keep but you will never take our supply camp!

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

ND
MERC
OnS
ATAC
VI
Work
DR

And don’t forget Agg & FoE

About half the server? Enjoy the head bashing/spiking on all sides.
Remember to fraps/record.

Is that really how many moved to BG? good to see you moved to that server and not one of the other T1’s.

Um wow. BG got stacked. BG was a T1 server. SoR needed way more help. SoR was only in T1 by SBI tanking.

BG was already way more powerful than SoR. BG is going to be king with a whole server transfering in hahahha

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would like to see a third server get stacked for tier 1.

There are still players that want to play on such a server against 2 other such servers.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

happy international polar bear day