2/8 AR / BP / NSP

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

AR seems to have a new development in EBgrounds. A small group of players constantly doing whatever they can to redirect, confuse, and distract players in /t chat. If these players belong to either of the other servers it would hardly surprise me. They have made it difficult to command, completely clog up the chat window and are an overall nuisance to the server. If these guys do belong to BP or NSP, well played, it’s making it nearly impossible and unplayable in EB when you have a decent sized group misdirecting, confusing new players and trolling commanders to the point they do not even want to command on that map.

Honestly, if they are that disruptive – try to get your guys to all /ignore that player. Permanently shut them out of the community if they are going to be like that.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

AR seems to have a new development in EBgrounds. A small group of players constantly doing whatever they can to redirect, confuse, and distract players in /t chat. If these players belong to either of the other servers it would hardly surprise me. They have made it difficult to command, completely clog up the chat window and are an overall nuisance to the server. If these guys do belong to BP or NSP, well played, it’s making it nearly impossible and unplayable in EB when you have a decent sized group misdirecting, confusing new players and trolling commanders to the point they do not even want to command on that map.

Honestly, if they are that disruptive – try to get your guys to all /ignore that player. Permanently shut them out of the community if they are going to be like that.

NSP has them too, their just bads. Nobody would take the time to do anything like that in this tier, whats the point, lol.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

Yeah, maybe. At the very least I /ignore them as a commander. If I don’t engage them, it seems like most people will ignore them as well. Too much stress already without having to deal with trolls!

Walabone – Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Yeah, I don’t disagree. Just really sad seeing them calling out the grub, then SM, then grub. This happens every few minutes. Actually, hey BP and NSP, there is a group of AR players that hits the grub and the east side of SM every few minutes from around 4 pm est. Do with this info what you will, but I bet there are free badges in there somewhere.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: imalog.7689

imalog.7689

yeah i’ve gotten a few that way, but it seems that every day more pop up. I got a commander wanting to leave the server, 2 other commanders that will no longer work in eb, and i myself am getting sick of it as well. We have a hard enough time trying to get commanders to step up at certain hours, and trying to find EB commanders is like pulling hair. So when i do get some commanders that are willing to run EB and know how to, then get trolled by 5 different people each day to the point where they don’t want to play that specific content of the game, i believe Anet should have a responsibility to step up and take some action because its very clearly effecting our EB. Some of these players couldn’t care less about the server, and will run around shouting “all to SM” or “need more for grub”. While others try to tell the commanders how to command or will jump on them if they fail to take a tower.

In the end, they’re essentially screwing over the people that want to wvw, level up, or not wanting to read 20 minutes of arguing in team chat.

EDIT: i’d like to point out that no matter how many commanders put these people on ignore, when they are saying “all to grub” and a vast majority of pugs get the idea of the grub in their heads, they will go for it and like dovgan said, its open season on our towers after that.

[ALS] Commander TwoGallants
AR Alliance Public Relations Manager.

(edited by imalog.7689)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

Yeah, I don’t disagree. Just really sad seeing them calling out the grub, then SM, then grub. This happens every few minutes. Actually, hey BP and NSP, there is a group of AR players that hits the grub and the east side of SM every few minutes from around 4 pm est. Do with this info what you will, but I bet there are free badges in there somewhere.

Haha, I did a serious facepalm when there was like 20-25 NSP killing grub yesterday.

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Out of town for work this week. WTB a score update please.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: tas.6310

tas.6310

I’ve been advised I should post up the latest video I made for BP here:

http://youtu.be/fEVSklDzKZk

Lots of fun has been had (and this is all featuring battles between the three servers)!

Guild Master of Waiting for Death [WFD]
Deltona/Varlen – Commander for Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Haha, I did a serious facepalm when there was like 20-25 NSP killing grub yesterday.

Yeah was definitely a head scratcher… One minute I’m trebbing the gate, then some noob pulls the grub to our location. Then no one would listen and let it reset. So we just killed it, biggest waste of the nite. Oh well….

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I told you man Whisper me I will come if you can’t find anyone solo! :P

Yesterday in BP/NSP borderland it was really hard to find a small group to fight solo.

I tried to One-man a NSP zerg in NSP borderland (I only remember QCx guild) but they had too many thief so I couldn’t hit and run them. I had the time to down one before the massive culling zerg walked over my body. I died a lot during these fight, congrat beause I can usually escape more easily, but you guys were good chaser!

Went to BP borderland aftert that, good fight with the FAM (nor sure if i spell it right) Guild! Had some good and not so good duel (I thought they were letting me duel their elem, but then they attacked me once they saw their Elem was losing, thanks for letting me fight him a bit tho!). You had some good player!

I’m sad about PAXA tho! I started a fight with one of your thief, only to have the rest of your group come end our duel! I had to run and hie behind a house, it usually never work except this time you let me run away. I whisper Jcull to send his thief back, but he never wanted to duel me

Good fights tho in BP BL, was a lot of fun!

It was really late brother, like 5am-6am central, my time. I’ll give you a yell sometime this week. I’ve got to get some work done, so not sure how much time I’ll have over the next two days.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Varconi.1804

Varconi.1804

If there are any ALS players that are indeed good can someone list them for me, would love to fight them as all the ALS I have fought to date were free kills.

Did you get stepped on while we were on the way to somewhere? Its hard to say sorry to all the road kill out there in wvw.

Even an ALS commander can not dispute my point. Why quote something if you are not going to make a point remotely related to the quote?

“The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit” apparently not always

oh i was just quoting one post from the many you have here crying away. I presumed you were mad because we intentionally “30v1” you like the others here like to kitten about.

And come on rob, give us some credit, at least we’re smart enough not to organize guild events on eb all day just to b-line the castle. We admire your motivation. Always enjoy watching that orange X slowly moving back into overlook.

I am making fun of terrible players, get it right haven’t complained once about your zergs I find them amusing. Chasing people into zergs killing and stomping with 20 people around makes it all the more fun. WAR groups are harder to deal with as they all work well at ressing people that get downed not so much with ALS.

XOXO Female Asura Mesmer NSP | Female Sylvari Engineer

(edited by Varconi.1804)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

@THE Dentist don’t feel too bad. I’ve built trebs outside camp aggro range and have had new players aggro them to the treb. Maybe they think the treb is somehow going to save them, I mean heck, it breaks walls! And yes the grub is a huge waste of time and manpower.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

WAR groups are harder to deal with as they all work well at ressing people that get downed not so much with ALS.

Unless ALS is rezzing Kodiak! I downed him and even stomped him 3 times during 1 fight, but 5 of them would stop whatever they were doing and revive him! Hilarious. Maybe you should save your revive for a better player? I think Kodiak can command from the ground, afterall

Walabone – Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

How many GOATs does it take to screw in a lightbulb

none, they all zerg together in the dark

ROFL

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Glaeser.8015

Glaeser.8015

I’ll be running a group tonight, my 9, and 11 year old daughters are wanting to PvP with dad, so I’m going to force my two older boys to go with us. My 9 year old is funny as hell when we win fights. I might have to record her victory dances.

Wow you’re are using the big guns man.

Please don’t kill everyone before I log in.

Like those kitten people from the WAR guild on Anvil Rock, I’m trying to hunt a zerg and they kill them all!

Yea we have been practicing ZERG busting with whatever we have on at the time. Figure with all the complaining about, “zerg” this and “zerg” that, I would find a way to best wipe em. Don’t know how many times we wiped trying to figure it out but we are making progress. So if you’re in a zerg thank you! You are only making my guild better by pushing us into crappy situations. Keep up the good wvw play everyone.

Sorry, it isn’t often I jump into a Zerg, and usually it’s when the enemy Zerg has found me solo.

So my boys decided to play LoL, and let dear old dad weather a night with the girls in WvW. They’ve definately got better. We died as a trio once until I realized they are extremely loyal, and will not retreat, unless I reatreat.

Fought a new group though; “splat”, from NSP, fights almost identical to PAXA. Sorry I didn’t die there at Redvale Refuge, though you guys got my 11 year old daughter twice. My 9 year old definately has the Elementalist get out of jail card abilities down well, she was all over the place. I had a hell of a time keeping up with her on my Mesmer.

I was expecting a far, far worse performance though, because last time those two died, alot.

Good evening! I’m the bad Charr Guardian from Splat,

I think this might be the first time anyone’s mentioned my guild tag, I’m kind of honored.

I assure you we aren’t a new group, (been around since launch) just a bunch of casual friends who rarely have 5 on each night and tend to go under the radar.
Sorry if we bullied your daughters, we just go out to kill red names and have a good time, so I can’t say I remember you specifically but last night was pretty fun, we even got a few of our guys away from the PvE to come kill people.

In any case, congrats on getting the family into WvW, I wish them the best of luck and hope they become great PvPers some day. Here’s to more fun fights in the future!

P.S. Anvil sucks and PAXA is babies. (<3)

Edit: Guess my guild has been mentioned a few times… I don’t usually read forums lol.

Glaezer – [Splt] [Holy] – NSP
Charr Guardian & many alts
I am the donut

(edited by Glaeser.8015)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I’ll be running a group tonight, my 9, and 11 year old daughters are wanting to PvP with dad, so I’m going to force my two older boys to go with us. My 9 year old is funny as hell when we win fights. I might have to record her victory dances.

Wow you’re are using the big guns man.

Please don’t kill everyone before I log in.

Like those kitten people from the WAR guild on Anvil Rock, I’m trying to hunt a zerg and they kill them all!

Yea we have been practicing ZERG busting with whatever we have on at the time. Figure with all the complaining about, “zerg” this and “zerg” that, I would find a way to best wipe em. Don’t know how many times we wiped trying to figure it out but we are making progress. So if you’re in a zerg thank you! You are only making my guild better by pushing us into crappy situations. Keep up the good wvw play everyone.

Sorry, it isn’t often I jump into a Zerg, and usually it’s when the enemy Zerg has found me solo.

So my boys decided to play LoL, and let dear old dad weather a night with the girls in WvW. They’ve definately got better. We died as a trio once until I realized they are extremely loyal, and will not retreat, unless I reatreat.

Fought a new group though; “splat”, from NSP, fights almost identical to PAXA. Sorry I didn’t die there at Redvale Refuge, though you guys got my 11 year old daughter twice. My 9 year old definately has the Elementalist get out of jail card abilities down well, she was all over the place. I had a hell of a time keeping up with her on my Mesmer.

I was expecting a far, far worse performance though, because last time those two died, alot.

Good evening! I’m the bad Charr Guardian from Splat,

I think this might be the first time anyone’s mentioned my guild tag, I’m kind of honored.

I assure you we aren’t a new group, (been around since launch) just a bunch of casual friends who rarely have 5 on each night and tend to go under the radar.
Sorry if we bullied your daughters, we just go out to kill red names and have a good time, so I can’t say I remember you specifically but last night was pretty fun, we even got a few of our guys away from the PvE to come kill people.

In any case, congrats on getting the family into WvW, I wish them the best of luck and hope they become great PvPers some day. Here’s to more fun fights in the future!

P.S. Anvil sucks and PAXA is babies. (<3)

Edit: Guess my guild has been mentioned a few times… I don’t usually read forums lol.

Wasn’t upset brother, it was a lot of fun. You guys fought well, even though you refused to let me stomp the Ranger I downed. We’ll have to work on that bit of disagreement in the future. <grins>

I forgot to change my tag to the family guild representation, so I was the SoS Mesmer who kept harrassing you guys, and stealthing away when I thought my daughers were safe. My 11 year old had a habit of overextending, while the more timid 9 year old would run anytime her health hit 50%, and I’d be like fall back, and she’d say; “I’m already at the keep”. It’s hilarious running with those two at times.

I cursed my family into being gamers. My wife and I have gamed since EQ1 release, and I’ve played DnD since grade school, and still DM friday nights.

I was just happy to find people to fight that were not with the zerg. See you in the future.

P.S. Tell the BC guys thanks for the duels in NSP where Anvil Rock ports in right before the servers went down. There were other guilds there too, listed above in my post. That was really a lot of fun.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

(edited by jkctmc.8754)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

Thanks to BP for the badges at hills in ARBL, battle still on going and lets keep the badges rolling!

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I am shocked to not see any comments from BP about the Hills fiasco… You had a HUGE amount of people in there!

The never ending chain of supply and the shear amount of catapults (many superior too) that went up was mind boggling. I am glad we held it in the end. Oh and sorry about those golems, when I saw them strolling around I couldnt help but run up to the cannon and ruin them.

Stressful but fun nonetheless! Bravo

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I am shocked to not see any comments from BP about the Hills fiasco… You had a HUGE amount of people in there!

The never ending chain of supply and the shear amount of catapults (many superior too) that went up was mind boggling. I am glad we held it in the end. Oh and sorry about those golems, when I saw them strolling around I couldnt help but run up to the cannon and ruin them.

Yeah we had no idea where the golems were at one point and just screamed at chat to either hide or get to the gate.

That was a fun attempt and good job fighting us off.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

How many more weeks of this match do we likely have?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

No idea, dunn, but I hope its a while. Now that NSP convinced a few more people to show up and put up a fight its even more enjoyable, forum trolls and mod locking aside.

Keep it up NSP! Ya’ll are doing better every week!

As for us in AR, I hope we can hold off BP’s final push this time!

Hey, BP! Come at me, bro!

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Haven’t been on much last few two days but had seen the normal trend of us doing well than losing population during the week, if I remember correctly it was very bad Sunday night for us

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: subcrazy.1098

subcrazy.1098

BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!

LavaFluxx – Ele
Ankle Bitër – Necro – Paxa
Necro and Ele small man videos:Necro/Ele Videos

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Well, unless SBI ends up being way too good for T5 or way too bad for it, seems the inevitable is finally occurring. It will be impossible for a server to leave T6 unless a server completely dies. It’s looking like SBI should settle in for a fairly even matchup next week, and the gap between T5 and T6 will expand to at least 150 points again. With fairly even matches in both tiers, looks like NSP will be permanently red unless DH can finally shake out of T7. With the current relative success NSP is having, that would require massive blowouts for them.

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: HackerTeivospy.2031

HackerTeivospy.2031

4x sped up, deal with it wasn’t uploading a 16 minute gameplay video

in a few days I’ll have a handle on resource timings (Need to watch 4 different resources with this build closely ><). At that point I’ll definitely be in my zone like kanyezone.com. My goal is to tank 7+ people solo for 5 minutes, so far my best is 3 minutes but on average its somewhere around 1-2 minutes since I don’t know timings yet.

Extended Duration 100% Damage Mitigation skills. GW2 ESPORTS

learn to speak and behave

(edited by HackerTeivospy.2031)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Pestilence.3184

Pestilence.3184

Was alot of fun and my poor golems what did you do to them…. there should be a law against that! lol

yeah at 1 point the golems vanished and we were like “WTF where did the golems go???” we were pretty adamant on taking hills till all your forces pulled outta EB to try and wipe us (which ya did eventually) Kodiack dude ya really need to control the amount of guys that res you instantly lol i killed a kitten ton of you guys on my mesmer the other day bro all cause they were trying to get you up lol
Also the guys firing that treb at first omg he was a good shot honed in straight away on the treb we had then the catas and yes even my super cats… i run out of normal ones lol

I gotta say well done to you guys on that defence

@ Dabomb, I say the same thing to you i got a ton of badges from wiping your guys over and over outside those keeps and towers lol.

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

I was on the treb :P We had some very ‘interesting’ siege placement in that fight which led to a lot of wasted supply, but that treb placement wasn’t one of them. The guy who built it helped me spot and we had a few good eles on TS which really helped increase its longevity.

At the end of the day it came down to that lords room defence for which a “Bravo anvil pants” is in order. I had died trying get the guys to push out and take out some of those catas because the wall was so low and when I wp’d back in I just saw red bodies everywhere!

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Aldare.5836

Aldare.5836

Thank you to [leaf] for the fun fight club in nsp bl. Had a lot of fun!

Just a Guy

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

This is a solo / small group warrior video. I spent almost the entire day messing around in Anvil Rock Borderlands earlier this week. For the earlier part of the day, I was a part of groups ranging from 1-3 members. At one point there were literally 2 BP players including myself in the zone. We were constantly outnumbered! But we persisted! Our camp takes helped keep our point total up, and AR’s down. Eventually we were able to flip some towers with some help; and at the end of the day, while commanding, we were able to take Hills and Garrison after wearing down AR all day.

A longer video than I’d like, but I had almost 3 hours of footage to comb through, so it was really hard narrowing alot of it down! (Not to mention all the fights I didn’t have the camera rolling… I remember one fight where I kept killing Kodiak over, and over, and over again since his zergies kept rezzing him!) I’ll probably try to make multiple shorter videos in the future

Enjoy!

Walabone – Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Baen.7591

Baen.7591

I think the only reason everyone is killing Kodiack ( known to us as Grimbeerd) is because he still has his shirt on. we all know that things get serious when his shirt is off. I’m actually surprise that it has been on even though reset.

[ALS] Anvils Last Stand – Baenius (80 Warrior)
Anvil Rock

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Nice video Walabone!!

Were you in NSP Borderland yesterday?

I fought I warrior that looked pretty much like you!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

I think the only reason everyone is killing Kodiack ( known to us as Grimbeerd) is because he still has his shirt on. we all know that things get serious when his shirt is off. I’m actually surprise that it has been on even though reset.

I just enjoy killing people with commander tags on in general. I think my tab-targeting has an affinity for the buff or something! That, and I know who Kodiak is / can pick him out of a crowd, so it’s a little more fun that way. Plus! Free kills on all the people Rez’ing him!

Walabone – Borlis Pass

(edited by Walabone.6713)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Nice video Walabone!!

Waaaas it you? :P

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

Nice video Walabone!!

Waaaas it you? :P

Probably not, at least not yesterday. I didn’t play much at all after my marathon on Tuesday, haha. Maybe it was Snacks (the other warrior with me at the beginning of the video)!

Walabone – Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

This is a solo / small group warrior video. I spent almost the entire day messing around in Anvil Rock Borderlands earlier this week. For the earlier part of the day, I was a part of groups ranging from 1-3 members. At one point there were literally 2 BP players including myself in the zone. We were constantly outnumbered! But we persisted! Our camp takes helped keep our point total up, and AR’s down. Eventually we were able to flip some towers with some help; and at the end of the day, while commanding, we were able to take Hills and Garrison after wearing down AR all day.

A longer video than I’d like, but I had almost 3 hours of footage to comb through, so it was really hard narrowing alot of it down! (Not to mention all the fights I didn’t have the camera rolling… I remember one fight where I kept killing Kodiak over, and over, and over again since his zergies kept rezzing him!) I’ll probably try to make multiple shorter videos in the future

Enjoy!

Best part of the whole video is when you got flame rammed…

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Aline.7365

Aline.7365

Enjoy!

Ooh I see myself at the beginning of the video, the annoying sylvari [TWIN] ele you couldn’t kill
Nice video, interesting to see some fights from another point of view. I always wish I had a better computer to record some wvw skirmishes too.

Elementalist – Demonic Queen of The Zombie Horde [TWIN]|
[TFH]
Anvil Rock

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

Enjoy!

Ooh I see myself at the beginning of the video, the annoying sylvari [TWIN] ele you couldn’t kill
Nice video, interesting to see some fights from another point of view. I always wish I had a better computer to record some wvw skirmishes too.

You [TWIN] guys were tough! I had a couple good fights with the Guardian out there I know. Though, to be honest, I think I probably died to you guys in the footage I had recorded more than I won! There were a couple long brawls, but I couldn’t include them cause they were too long

Walabone – Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

dank,

I see you’re in the guild DOWN. I came across a an Asura Mesmer last night with that guild tag running with a Thief from Envy. Please pass on my tip of the hat to that mesmer… best mesmer I’ve seen so far in WvW.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

dank,

I see you’re in the guild DOWN. I came across a an Asura Mesmer last night with that guild tag running with a Thief from Envy. Please pass on my tip of the hat to that mesmer… best mesmer I’ve seen so far in WvW.

That would be Varconi from this thread, I’ll pass it along but I’m sure he’ll see it in here.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Honestly the larger the guild and the more presence in WvW you could say that about any of the large guilds. Dkz, Os, GOAT etc all have their fair share of either under leveled or under skilled players. Given the time to learn the class, and many many losses though, who is to say that some of these players can’t improve. Lemme guess Varconi, did someone get steamrolled by ALS? Just put a bandaid on it and it will eventually heal over time, the emotional scars will probably last a good deal longer. Lemme guess, you play either a thief or mesmer primarily …

^ This guy is right.

Also, you can not make a fair prediction on whether someone is bad or good based on their guild.

I know PLENTY of under leveled under practiced people in Os. We have people who have just started playing in there on level 20s a lot of the time, but they work hard and many of them have plans for the future regarding being level 80 and fully geared and well-practiced. As for the fully leveled people, they have been noted on the forums by other servers for good fights, and that’s what really counts on a personal level for our members.

I’m sure the other large guilds have them too, but as far as the tactless hacks comment about ALS, I can openly say that I haven’t been impressed by any single person from that guild.

I get impressed by the amount of people they can field every night, but I am underwhelmed by many of their level 80 members and the tactics used in battle. this is not to say there aren’t good players with good tactics I haven’t met in zerg form yet, though. You don’t find too many ALS off on their own or in small groups, so it will always be hard to tell.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Enjoy!

You clearly don’t love NSP enough.

I watched this whole thing hoping for a stray NSP roaming clip.

Upset.

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Kronos Zek.9715

Kronos Zek.9715

i am so sick of these torllers that think grub is not good 2 get on AR =.= it’s how i got my twilight.

THE CHARR, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND Dinklemas Littlelog 80 mesmer AR
#[CHAR]4LIFE

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

WAR groups are harder to deal with as they all work well at ressing people that get downed not so much with ALS.

Unless ALS is rezzing Kodiak! I downed him and even stomped him 3 times during 1 fight, but 5 of them would stop whatever they were doing and revive him! Hilarious. Maybe you should save your revive for a better player? I think Kodiak can command from the ground, afterall

It is clear you have no idea who I am in game. Lets keep it that way.

Clues:
I don’t run with a commander tag turned on.
There is no way in hell your downing me 3 times. If we run into each other , you’ll know its me when you are running from the ranger you couldn’t lolblades down .

-K

-K

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Walabone.6713

It is clear you have no idea who I am in game. Lets keep it that way.

Clues:
I don’t run with a commander tag turned on.
There is no way in hell your downing me 3 times. If we run into each other , you’ll know its me when you are running from the ranger you couldn’t lolblades down .

-K

Well maybe I’ve been misinformed then. Who’s the ALS Norn warrior with the commander Tag I always see at the head of zergs?

That being said, have never seen any Rangers in ALS worth mentioning…

Walabone – Borlis Pass

(edited by Walabone.6713)

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

@Walabone

I think you are talking about TwoGallant.

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Merkenary.9860

Merkenary.9860

Any how…. props to the PAXA group that led the charge on the BP se tower last night. I am pretty sure we would have held off that second breakout event if you hadn’t rushed in and started taking out our back line.

Seraphim Martyrs BURN
Borlis Pass

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

Well maybe I’ve been misinformed then. Who’s the ALS Norn warrior with the commander Tag I always see at the head of zergs?

Yeah that’s Twogallants.

As for the second half of that comment, I can say there are probably 2 rangers who I would never want to fight. The first is Dovgan, the second is iBankai, ALS’s guild leader, but he sadly doesn’t seem to play much lately.

I haven’t seen too many good rangers though.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Honestly the larger the guild and the more presence in WvW you could say that about any of the large guilds. Dkz, Os, GOAT etc all have their fair share of either under leveled or under skilled players. Given the time to learn the class, and many many losses though, who is to say that some of these players can’t improve. Lemme guess Varconi, did someone get steamrolled by ALS? Just put a bandaid on it and it will eventually heal over time, the emotional scars will probably last a good deal longer. Lemme guess, you play either a thief or mesmer primarily …

^ This guy is right.

Also, you can not make a fair prediction on whether someone is bad or good based on their guild.

I know PLENTY of under leveled under practiced people in Os. We have people who have just started playing in there on level 20s a lot of the time, but they work hard and many of them have plans for the future regarding being level 80 and fully geared and well-practiced. As for the fully leveled people, they have been noted on the forums by other servers for good fights, and that’s what really counts on a personal level for our members.

I’m sure the other large guilds have them too, but as far as the tactless hacks comment about ALS, I can openly say that I haven’t been impressed by any single person from that guild.

I get impressed by the amount of people they can field every night, but I am underwhelmed by many of their level 80 members and the tactics used in battle. this is not to say there aren’t good players with good tactics I haven’t met in zerg form yet, though. You don’t find too many ALS off on their own or in small groups, so it will always be hard to tell.

I’m pretty new to the WvW scene, but I think it’s always going to be a matter of perspective. Your opinion of a guild will vary greatly depending if they’re on your team or not. It’s human nature to judge a guild by the actions of a few, but most of us know that’s not always the most accurate way. Heck just last night I saw 3 people from Sekz last night using a cheap exploit, but I’m not going to judge their entire guild based on the actions of these three. Again due to my noobness I wasn’t aware of that exploit(and it clearly was an exploit). But even though Sekz is the only guild I’ve seen use it, I think it’s pretty fair to assume folks from my server, Anvil Rock, have done it too. It’s just really a silly notion that a guild tag or server name would have some unique human behavior to it, good or bad, that other guilds or servers wouldn’t have.

But from what I’ve seen as a newbie AR WvWer, the reason ALS can field a bunch of people is because ALS has a few commanders that will actually turn their tag on and try to get things done. I’m sure the other servers have this issue when there are no commanders on the map… there’s not a whole lot of teamwork going on.

Often times the zone will have plenty of AR in it, but they’re all scattered and not working together. Then a commander will turn their tag on and start getting people on the same page and now those scattered numbers can turn into one formidable force. Again, in my limited time in WvW, I’ve seen some commanders completely turn it around for AR simply by getting folks coordinated. And I know I’m not the only one that’s seen it. So when these commanders are on the field they’re going to have some players support them because they have in many ways earned some degree of loyalty from their server.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Who on earth is that big norn ALS Commander which has been in EB for a few hours around this time today.

We were running some commander training. And you sir should have been at it!

But thanks, we actually used how you tried to take SM as an example of how not to do it, and why it wasn’t working. And then built on how it should have been done. Was really helpful for the guys! Thanks

<3

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

2/8 AR / BP / NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Anvil Pants.3426

Anvil Pants.3426

Yeah that’s Twogallants.

As for the second half of that comment, I can say there are probably 2 rangers who I would never want to fight. The first is Dovgan, the second is iBankai, ALS’s guild leader, but he sadly doesn’t seem to play much lately.

I haven’t seen too many good rangers though.

Bankai’s been rolling with his alts, and honey badgering however, where ever, and whenever the kitten he wants. Though, I believe he deleted the ranger and rerolled as a thief. I caught him in Queensdale last night.

He’s most powerful in his final form, Omega Bankai. You have to give the Quaggan Council a few stacks of giant pearls to unlock that.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]