3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

So BG is the new SoS which was the old SBI which was the old HoD and so on…….

Yes. But Id like to hear some intense speculation on where they will jump ship to next.

BG doesn’t jump ship, ever. Certain guilds may but as a whole we have been more stable than any other server in the game.

You can troll all you like, it doesn’t matter to us, we just keep fighting.

I am pretty sure I remember people from SoS saying the same thing….and SBI…and HoD….and….you see my point

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: MIrra.3604

MIrra.3604

Yes. But Id like to hear some intense speculation on where they will jump ship to next.

BG doesn’t jump ship, ever. Certain guilds may but as a whole we have been more stable than any other server in the game. We’ve dropped from T1 twice with no bandwagoners leaving and here we are back in T1 for a third time kicking your kitten

BG doesn’t jump ship….

Every server that reach the top will eventually fall. How long a server can stay up top depends on several factors but no doubt it will fall. Being number 1 is a curse disguise as a blessing.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

BG doesn’t jump ship, ever. Certain guilds may but as a whole we have been more stable than any other server in the game.

I am pretty sure I remember people from SoS saying the same thing….and SBI…and HoD….and….you see my point

When did they say it, while they were still in T1? We don’t say it, we do it, and have done it. Blackgate just wants fun fights and doesn’t seem to think T2 is the end of the world and bandwagon back to T1 servers

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

I thot the remaining Ta went sor BG has most of what was AA exept foo, tL and a few other that don’t come to mind atm. I think there was a big reroll before server xfers were made paid and there building there way back up again. I mean this can’t be tier 1 I am positive ken will be up here cause they are pretty rockstar, but I am also pretty sure there is a sleeper in one of the tiers aswell.

No offense but KN would get destroyed in tier one. I can’t even see kn NA managing 50 points a tick with these NA power houses. And your awesome asian force would be mitigated by JQ’s.

When have you fought KN? BG was being told we were going to get destroyed less than a week ago.

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

BG doesn’t jump ship, ever. Certain guilds may but as a whole we have been more stable than any other server in the game. We’ve dropped from T1 twice with no bandwagoners leaving and here we are back in T1 for a third time kicking your kitten

P.S. BG is made up mostly of guilds that have been here since day 1, and ex-Ascension Alliance (NOC, Res, CQ, LotD, FoE), most ex-Titan guilds don’t even play GW2 any more or have disbanded. Not that we even think about the old alliances any more, BG is one no matter previous affiliations.

Ill have to take your word for it. All I ever see is ex-SOS guilds.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

At least we aren’t having a server win T1 by 100k anymore.

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

P.S. BG is made up mostly of guilds that have been here since day 1, and ex-Ascension Alliance (NOC, Res, CQ, LotD, FoE), most ex-Titan guilds don’t even play GW2 any more or have disbanded. Not that we even think about the old alliances any more, BG is one no matter previous affiliations.

It’s called neuro-linguistic programming. Plenty of native BG guilds are running around, but your expectation and focus on the SoS transfers cause your brain to just see the tags you want to see.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

pride. the root of all evil.
now if we can put that aside, i mean, truly, truly put it aside.. and play this game of WvW, i wonder what it’d be like. huh.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

It’s called neuro-linguistic programming. Plenty of native BG guilds are running around, but your expectation and focus on the SoS transfers cause your brain to just see the tags you want to see.

Maybe its just culling.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

We’ve only had some SoS guilds on our server for a week and its our third time in T1. Out of about 25 guilds in the BG War Council only like 4 of them are ex-SoS. I think perhaps your vision is a bit bias towards your old nemeses.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

(edited by Trikki.5803)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

“You come at the king, you best not miss” – Omar Little (The Wire)

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

“You come at the king, you best not miss” – Omar Little (The Wire)

Best character ever in one of the best shows ever.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

I thot the remaining Ta went sor BG has most of what was AA exept foo, tL and a few other that don’t come to mind atm. I think there was a big reroll before server xfers were made paid and there building there way back up again. I mean this can’t be tier 1 I am positive ken will be up here cause they are pretty rockstar, but I am also pretty sure there is a sleeper in one of the tiers aswell.

No offense but KN would get destroyed in tier one. I can’t even see kn NA managing 50 points a tick with these NA power houses. And your awesome asian force would be mitigated by JQ’s.

When have you fought KN? BG was being told we were going to get destroyed less than a week ago.

Yeah the difference is BG got an influx of 10 guilds or so or you would have gotten blown out in tier one like usual. KN has gotten no new guilds so why would they even have a chance of competing in tier one? Makes no sense.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

What I said was that I happened upon an enormous zerg of SoR versus and enormous zerg of BG at the southern supply camp of which TW and TWL were a part. There appeared to me to be at least 60 SoR possibly 70-80. I did not say that you guys constituted the entirety of SoR’s force. There were several other guilds present. If anyone has a video of the fight I’m sure we can confirm what I’ve said.

I do think that running around with anything more than a group is zerging. The thing is that a lot of people in this game zerg. I do it too. Sometimes I run around with our zerg guilds and try to help them as much as I can. I see what they do as a necessary evil because it gets things done quickly. I don’t really take any pride in it. I don’t think I improve as a player from doing it. I like Blackgate and the people here so I do whatever I think I can to try and help the server succeed. But you will never see me mention a victory or post a video of a zerg fight or comment on how many lootbags I got or whatever because to me it’s all shameful business and not deserving of special mention or praise.

If you are talking about the fight in the south supply camp from last night, the one between TW and friends and LoTD and HB then yes we have a video of that fight.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

If you are talking about the fight in the south supply camp from last night, the one between TW and friends and LoTD and HB then yes we have a video of that fight.

Well ok then.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

Well ok then.

Glad we had this talk.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

Glad we had this talk.

Where can the video be found?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

Glad we had this talk.

My youtube channel once I get finished editing it and uploading it. Maybe another hour or so, busy with alot of stuff atm.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

When did they say it, while they were still in T1? We don’t say it, we do it, and have done it. Blackgate just wants fun fights and doesn’t seem to think T2 is the end of the world and bandwagon back to T1 servers

I do not think any less of t2 to t8 servers. Its just this tier cycling that I think Anet intended as a game design. I am rather happy KN will get a chance on the 2nd reset. Fighting the same foes gets tiresome.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

am a train…chooo chooo chugga chugga

What a coincidence. Just saw this on imgur ! http://imgur.com/gallery/RIIW5Fu

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I am not trying to be a jerk here when I say this,but KN gave us a better showing.

Iron sharpens iron; scholar, the scholar. – William Drummond

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Kylar.5127

Kylar.5127

Ladies and gentlemen, the Hero of Blackgate, CHRIS DAWNHEART (AKA ELLEN)

http://imgur.com/g5xfaTi

Rob for Pope 2013

Nightblade WvW Thief http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JYA0EoaO7Y
Sponsored By Evon Gnashblade

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Fuzzion.2504

Ladies and gentlemen, the Hero of Blackgate, CHRIS DAWNHEART (AKA ELLEN)

http://imgur.com/g5xfaTi

Rob for Pope 2013

I dont get the pic. Are you trying to say chris is a lesbian? 0_o

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

My guild has decided that my character looks like Ellen Degeneres.. I shall wear stylish shoes and dance all over our enemies. And have a super hot wife.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

I’m always cynical when someone says “I got a lot of badges & gold tonight from x y z” like no one ever wipes them or receives badges from them.

My kills to death ratio is significantly higher (by this I meakittenerg I command wipes enemy zerg more than we get wiped) I’ll say, I’m usually commanding during those awkward times where there are MERC’s on but only 10-15 not our prime meaning we do get wiped by significantly more organised forces such as the “Staying up late” FoO force or the “MERC go home your drunk” early Choo force.

But the thought that you can claim you are significantly better then everyone that plays this game is a joke @Raven Paradox.

My experience running around as a MERC Commander is that non-Choo SoR and Non-FoO JQ struggle to even compete while Veld/Amarathy/myself et al leading, this isn’t a comment of saying “JQ is kitten or SoR is kitten” as your post basically was saying. It’s that when playing a guilded force who knows how each other plays and is unified when they push in & on voice coms together ofc they will wipe the pug commander who is just trying to help his/her server out to fill a map gap, if you’ve ever commanded you will know the pain of pushing into a smaller force than yours and watching all the pugs running backwards to spawn rather then pushing through.

Everyone in T1 has the skill for T1, all decent commanders should know the meta and if they don’t you’d hope they would follow before they lead to learn the ropes. Besides all it takes is one week in T1 copy and paste a strategy someone used against you reverse engineer it, bang you’ll start wiping them – I know this is 100% the case for MERC, FoO used to mop the floor with us until we realised why and returned the favour and also adding some strategies SoR used against us and bang profit.

As to Kaineng coming up, oh the kitten storm. I’m sure the NA battles will become what us Oceanic / SEA guilds like MERC and ND have been dealing with for weeks, a 1v1 with JQ. It will be a swapping of roles imo, instead of NA’s having to level / gain slight advantage during their timezones it will be the Oceanic / SEA’s job to keep the ppts are 235 vs 235 vs 230 and the NA’s job to contribute the blowouts.

MERC & ND et al vs FoO et al vs War Machine & TK et al, we’ve been looking forward to this match up for a long time.

I have a feeling it will be a battle of “Who logs out first” and the EU’s/Early NA will have fun logging into T1 SM and T1 Borderlands, if not lowlands/overlook/valley.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Everyone in Tier 1 has skill to be in Tier 1? MMM.. OK I’ll be nice. There are some pretty terrible players I have seen in all 3 servers currently in Tier 1. People aren’t in Tier1 because of skill. It helps a little, but at the end of the day why servers hit Tier 1 is particularly because of numbers.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

Glad we had this talk.

The video is up, you can view it now. Youtube channel is my sig.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

MagiKarp.8201

Everyone in Tier 1 has skill to be in Tier 1? MMM.. OK I’ll be nice. There are some pretty terrible players I have seen in all 3 servers currently in Tier 1. People aren’t in Tier1 because of skill. It helps a little, but at the end of the day why servers hit Tier 1 is particularly because of numbers.

Same would be said of those on Tier 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 the point is moot.

Blackgate WvW Commander

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

So why make the point then?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Also, DiE and Foo left BG when you lost in T1.

Unless Fury of Order was ever on BG you are probably talking about Foo Guild.

Foo Guild left BG when they were winning T2 before they went to T1. Foo Guild was a Yak’s Bend guild and they left BG to go back to Yak’s Bend for a time.

Foo Guild transferred back to BG when they moved up to T1 and stayed.

The reason you don’t see them on BG now is because our guild leadership quit the game altogether. Most of our members joined other guilds on BG and are still there save one or two.

-Desirz Matheon

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

MagiKarp.8201

So why make the point then?

Clarity; I was saying the “there bad players on the T1 servers” is a moot point, as there are bad players in all games.

The point was; most players and guilds in T1 have the experience required to be in T1 that is why they have chosen these servers and not lower tiers.

Blackgate WvW Commander

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Glad we had this talk.

My youtube channel once I get finished editing it and uploading it. Maybe another hour or so, busy with alot of stuff atm.

I was there!

Amazing fight. SoR side was a large force but only half of what we were fighting, and the BG force had constant incoming reinforcements from their nearby spawn. There were also JQ outliers on all the flanks that, like jackals, we’re ready to pick off anyone who felt the need to flee to reset, or escape if you got seperated from the main force. There was death everywhere.

Shame you hardly render anybody. I could see at least twice as many people than the video at all times.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

Glad we had this talk.

I was there!

Amazing fight. SoR side was a large force but only half of what we were fighting, and the BG force had constant incoming reinforcements from their nearby spawn. There were also JQ outliers on all the flanks that, like jackals, we’re ready to pick off anyone who felt the need to flee to reset, or escape if you got seperated from the main force. There was death everywhere.

Shame you hardly render anybody. I could see at least twice as many people than the video at all times.

Video quality went to kitten on me somewhere. I’ll be working on it and reuploading a better one either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry about that, haha.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

So, I have a question for you then. Its similar to a philosophy question I’ve heard once.

Say there is a naval ship, named Enterprise. Every time she goes back to port, a piece of the ship is replaced. The mast one trip, the rudder another. Until eventually she’s made up of entirely new wood. Then each piece that was taken from that ship was put together into a new ship. Which ship is the real Enterprise?

So a guild comes from another server and 100 people come in the transfer. When it gets to its new server all its officers and members are from the old server. Over the course of five months players come and go and the guild builds and grows. The officers and leaders slowly quit and are replaced with people that didn’t come in the transfer until there are only one or two original leaders.

Is that guild still a transfer after that long?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

Awesome GvG fights tonight Agg. Most fun I have had in guild wars 2 in a long time.

Chooo choooo!!!!!

(edited by SmokeyNYY.7841)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

If you missed the Choo vs Agg practice GvG in BG BL, I’m sorry.

Nice fights, high respect.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: BallisticsBear.2417

BallisticsBear.2417

Score Update

(This message must be 15 characters)

Attachments:

Blackgate | [ICoa]Ballistic Bienzi
Norn Engineer

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

K I watched it. Even in 1080p I’m having a hard time making out name tags and/or guild tags and with the culling it’s hard to count exactly how many people were there on either side. I really can’t tell how many SoR there were just from this one video but it’s clear there were quite a lot.

I’m amazed that you were able to use skills though when I ran by that fight I couldn’t even swap attunements.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

So, I have a question for you then. Its similar to a philosophy question I’ve heard once.

Say there is a naval ship, named Enterprise. Every time she goes back to port, a piece of the ship is replaced. The mast one trip, the rudder another. Until eventually she’s made up of entirely new wood. Then each piece that was taken from that ship was put together into a new ship. Which ship is the real Enterprise?

So a guild comes from another server and 100 people come in the transfer. When it gets to its new server all its officers and members are from the old server. Over the course of five months players come and go and the guild builds and grows. The officers and leaders slowly quit and are replaced with people that didn’t come in the transfer until there are only one or two original leaders.

Is that guild still a transfer after that long?

The original ship that is made up of new parts that is named enterprise is the enterprise.

and ya the guild is still a transfer.

that was easy!

-Desirz Matheon

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

Yeah the difference is BG got an influx of 10 guilds or so or you would have gotten blown out in tier one like usual. KN has gotten no new guilds so why would they even have a chance of competing in tier one? Makes no sense.

Shhh. We don’t wanna go to t1. You guys are welcome to it. There are nice fluffy bunnies of happiness and fun fighting in T2. Leave us alone!

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Awesome GvG fights tonight Agg. Most fun I have had in guild wars 2 in a long time.

Chooo choooo!!!!!

got any footage? how many were on each side?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

SmokeyNYY.7841

Chooo choooo!!!!!

Yes. Tytos our leader filmed all 8 fights. We started with 18v18 for first couple of fights and the last couple it was around a 15v15. We were up 3-0 and ended 6-2 in choos favor. Some really awesome fights though. Hopefully we can get some more guilds involved in the future.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Thanks Choo for the GvG action, learned alot from the fights!

Looking forward to doing many more of these with you guys!

Much respect for you guys!

/Salute

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nakoor.1980

K I watched it. Even in 1080p I’m having a hard time making out name tags and/or guild tags and with the culling it’s hard to count exactly how many people were there on either side. I really can’t tell how many SoR there were just from this one video but it’s clear there were quite a lot.

I’m amazed that you were able to use skills though when I ran by that fight I couldn’t even swap attunements.

Well of course there was alot from both sides, but you are also failing to take into note that BG was coming back from their spawn and we would have to come back from garrison for our spawn. I do know the quality is kitten atm. I’ll be fixing that tonight, and that isn’t gameplay of me but of a guildie.

(edited by Nakoor.1980)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

Shhh. We don’t wanna go to t1. You guys are welcome to it. There are nice fluffy bunnies of happiness and fun fighting in T2. Leave us alone!

It’s true! Though the fluffy bunnies in T2 can turn on you, and run you down. It’s always best to bring cookies. seruzly.. bring lots of cookies. 0_0

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Chooo choooo!!!!!

I think there were 8 fights.

Most were some 18v18, and 15v15.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Israel.7056

Well of course there was alot from both sides, but you are also failing to take into note that BG was coming back from their spawn and we would have to come back from garrison for our spawn. I do know the quality is kitten atm. I’ll be fixing that tonight, and that isn’t gameplay of me but of a guildie.

I remember seeing quite a few SoR running back to that fight through the water. I was working on picking off stragglers at the time. But yeah the BG zerg was probably graveyard zerging you. Kinda lame but it’s how the map is designed unfortunately. Happens to us all.

It appears to have been a well played zerg fight on your part. Hard to tell what’s going on most of the time though.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

iCoa isn’t even on the same skill level as Choo.

Lol your right, we’re better.

Having run into and fought you Icoa folks all kinds, sorry, I must say…as a SoR player…I’m not impressed. Far too easy to kill. Same goes for PRX.

Some people on my server see guilds like these as “iconic” because of their presence, and I don’t get it. They’re just really not that good.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

For the record, the “skill clicker” is a member of ICoa, not a commander.

Oh and we are the red sox. lol

I also agree the rivalry in itself is pretty fun. Honestly your play has forced us, (we’ve faced you every night in Tier 1 at least for a portion of the night) to keep sharp. It makes us better for all other fights as well. I’m sure it does the same for you.

Having said that, you and I both know 2am is not an accurate measurement of “OMG WE ROXORED YOU, OMG THE BAGS”. So as Rawthorn said, we would like to GvG. Maybe you win, maybe we win. Either way it will be fun. And either way I know I’d like to do it more than once. I think its something this game is fundamentally lacking but something we can choose to participate in.

We’ll go 30 vs 30. Enough for a good fight, shouldn’t be too much skill lag if we do it south of the camp. We can count out both sides (not that either of us would EVER accuse the other of cheating). I think it would be fun, and thats what this is all about.

Though we should do it sooner rather than later. Or we may not get the chance.

Two guilds fighting with equal numbers…in a known setting…with foreknowledge. That’s in no way representative of WvW skill, where reacting rapidly to unexpected situations against possibly superior numbers can occur at any moment.

It’s in those situations you can recognize the good fighters.

What you’re proposing is just a face-saving measure. “Unless you accept our challenge, your claims are not true!”

Who cares if you or anyone else believes it? Stop worrying about your press and fight. If you’re as good as you say you are, people won’t believe any false propaganda anyways.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

Was fun watching the GvG on the sidelines. We really need to set up more like this near the end of the week (Thursday). I feel sorry for the teams going at it though with all of the BG JQ and SoR on the sidelines I bet culling was a real pain. I know watching from the side all I could see was Agg and the Choo commander. It looked like he was soloing an Agg zerg.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~