3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

GFs to SoS and Kain.

Amazing week. Good luck SoS. You’ll do well in Tier 3.

TC welcome back to tier 2.
And our rematch.

I suspect this tier should be pretty evenly matched. Here’s to a good few weeks of solid WvW.

PS. Put up another yak parade

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

EB was fun last night, I hadn’t been there in about a month! Though I do wish Kain could field more during the week. I’m sadly part of that problem. Outmanned in lower tier is par for the course but up here it’s a death sentence, yeesh. There was however an excellent defense of our Garrison followed by the Great Grub War. I didn’t get great loot but that was inversely proportional to the fight quality.

SoS I wish I got to know you better this week but your sightings were about as frequent as a unicorn’s. I don’t think that means you didn’t have people but I couldn’t pick you out behind the brick wall of FA.

TC should I be worried about this next thread and just start running far away now? Grudge matches are ugly and generally void of baked goods and pleasantries.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

the Great Grub War.

The Great Grub War was caught on film and posted here for your viewing pleasure.
(Fast forward to ~10 mins for actual fighting). Never has a grub been so hotly contested

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

GFs to SoS and Kain.

And our rematch.

I suspect this tier should be pretty evenly matched. Here’s to a good few weeks of solid WvW.

Thank you, appreciate the blessings. I wish I could spectate tier 2 – KN/FA/TC. That’s going to be one heck of a match.

PSS Put up a quaggan parade. Nobody would dare kill a non-risen quaggan.

RIP in peace Robert

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

GFs to SoS and Kain.

And our rematch.

Thank you, appreciate the blessings. I wish I could spectate tier 2 – KN/FA/TC. That’s going to be one heck of a match.

No one is allowed to lead RET without a quaggan backpack

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

the Great Grub War.

The Great Grub War was caught on film and posted here for your viewing pleasure.
(Fast forward to ~10 mins for actual fighting). Never has a grub been so hotly contested

Awesome! Targeted at 15:48. I am finally on teh UToobz.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

Kindele leads without one!! However I heard she just got a Charr Backpack so I guess that kinda counts BUT STILL!!

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

Hey guys, watch this video. Then mute the audio.

Then play this song in the background iinstead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxoUmh2FCX4

The results are amazing.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Farewell T2,

Thanks a ton for having us, short as it was. While you may not ‘technically’ be higher ranked than the guilds of T1, I assure you the difference is a simple fact of coverage ONLY. To be honest, we were skeptical about descending the ranks after being in T1 for so long, but the level of professionalism and sportsmanship behavior we got to see in T2 has us definitely shooting to rejoin it. Maybe some of it was people being nice while trying to recruit us (got about 20 recruitment email and messages in 5 days), but a lot of it was genuine GG for our play and performance.

Most of the T1 guilds couldn’t /salute an enemy action without spontaneously bursting into flames. Most of the guilds that bailed on SoS blamed fellow allies before ever crediting JQ on their win. You guys show real class and character, it’ll be sad to go.

Rest assured, we will be keeping an eye on this bracket, and we will be preparing to return! Be ready, SoS takes our next step back into T2 to STAY! May be a few weeks to make it happen, but we have eyes on the prize!

See you all real soon! /salute

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Kindele leads without one!! However I heard she just got a Charr Backpack so I guess that kinda counts BUT STILL!!

NO! Blasphemy! This is hands-down the single worst post of this entire thread.

Comparing a Charr’s horrendous ugliness to the god-like cuteness of a Quaggan! Who do you think you are?!?!?!

RIP in peace Robert

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

GFs to SoS and Kain.

And our rematch.

You’re the easiest commander to stick tight to/identify due to your quaggan backpack.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

+1 Rep, -10 Rep Good Guy Poster, bored to tears.

Last night was probably the slowest night in WvWvW history.

Rumour has it, BT had to PvE. News at 11.

Has Quenta even been to a dungeon?

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

The pink afro is the new quaggan backpack. Granted it never hurts to have both.

Attachments:

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Kelo.4370

Looks like BG is waiting anxiously for Kaineng to get up to T1. Hurry up Kaineng! And hi to my friends from SOS.. I’m missing my fellow SOSers.

with the current NA coverage we have, i don’t think we could put a balanced fight in T1. see attachement…

With the way tier one is atm, I don’t think any servers can put up a balanced fight there. The combination of most of the core SoS guilds (former top server) and the strength of Blackgate (at the time of merging, it was the fourth best server and was on it’s way to third) seems to be on par with JQ atm (no idea how much of this is some guilds haven’t finished transferring and JQ or BG guilds pulling longer shifts, the natural strength of these two servers won’t be clear for another couple of weeks). It took the merging of two of the strongest servers in the game to compete with the population and coverage of JQ after the transfers, that’s how unhealthy tier one is. Unless there are mass transfers somewhere (and given how quickly it happened to BG from SoS, it’s possible this will happen sooner than we think) tier one is a two server match. If I had to guess, either SoR or JQ could be the next to fall. Even if JQ wins this week, how long before people burn out causing their numbers and coverage to drop before they are no longer first every week? If BG is strong enough, it could damage JQ morale enough to send them to tier two or below. All it takes is for a few fair weather guilds to jump ship before the snowball effect begins, when players and guilds spend too much time in tier one, they seem to think it’s somehow different from other tiers (it’s not, the coverage and numbers are the only difference). Just hope your server doesn’t go tier one, or if it does, it’s a short trip. Without transfers you can’t compete with the stacked servers and the longer you spend there, the more inflated egos become and the more damage it does to your server. As soon as you can’t feed the egos, it all goes south.

I don’t think Kaineng wants to go tier one. It’s a shame SoS, before all the bandwagon guilds poached the remaining core WvW guilds, didn’t get to fight Kaineng. I think tier two would have been really competitive with SoS and their former oceanic and SEA strength, it’s something I think is missing for Kaineng in tier two. At the moment I don’t think there is a strong Oceanic/SEA presence in tier two for Kaineng to fight (most of those guilds are in tier one on either JQ or BG, SoR has a few too). If Kaineng went tier one, I think they’d be automatic third place.

JQ Player here! Hold just a minute…

Things have been in a bit of consolidation mode as of late it seems. Isle of Janthir going to Fort Aspenwood , Stormbluff Isles going to both Kaineng and Jade Quarry, and now Sea of Sorrows going to Blackgate. As current Tier 1 stands things between JQ and BG are really quite good. Coverage is near even as far as anyone can tell and this week it has basically been a fight of who wants it more. JQ overall as far as I have seen during my playtime which is NA Prime no one really has been playing any more than we normally do, maybe some of us are being a little more serious than usual but extended marathon WvW sessions? Not from where I am sitting.

Yes right now there are 2 true T1 servers and that pretty much is going to cause a reverse situation from a few months ago (everyone remember the HoD, JQ, SBI, ET issue of 4 Tier 1 servers and one always being stuck in T2 and facerolling it all week?). We still have 1 server being the odd man out but this time they are in T1 and pretty much the third wheel. No matter who goes into T1 right now be it FA, Kain, or TC they will fall the same fate as SoR or worse.

Really the only thing that would balance out T1 into a real 3 way fight is for two of the current T2 servers to merge together. Pretty much either FA or SoR need to merge with Kaineng (or Kaineng with one of them) as that would be the only way for them to even come close to the 24/7 coverage of current BG and JQ.

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

who cares about t1

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Hey guys, watch this video. Then mute the audio.

Then play this song in the background iinstead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxoUmh2FCX4

The results are amazing.

Hahahahahahahaha. This is an old classic that is befitting to our server from GW – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QWjxLBysMQ. It was a kurzick/luxon guard glitch where they got stuck chasing each other around a tree at Vasburg Armory.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

who cares about t1

Noone

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Beer? What happened to cookies

Oh I’ll have some of those too

COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

coronbale.3894

who cares about t1

+1

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

who cares about t1

Noone

Truth.

Man this is so true.. Even in T1, the disparity between the pure wvw servers (BG and JQ) vs servers that are more PvX is becoming more and more unhealthily imbalanced. The whole wvw needs a major overhaul so that it doesn’t feel dated and unimpressive. It’s gotten old really fast especially when the rewards aren’t even worth doing wvw in the first place.

WvW updating incoming – hopefully it will help.

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

LOL i like how different the ambiance seems to be in this thread compared to the T1 thread. It’s so hot in there. -_-

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Come in Mockingbird, relax a bit, throw up your feet and have some of Jayne’s delicious beer and cookies.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Kelo.4370

who cares about t1

+1

So is it going to be awkward dropping back down to the same tier as Dragonbrand?

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Now that the match is closing, I’d like to give a big shout to the former FA people that are now on SoS or Kain:

BLNT – Glad to see at least four of you on at once!!

PTX – What happened bros? I saw the tag like twice the whole match.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

I think that grub video is my favorite WvW video. Most WvW videos are just the same thing really, but that was actually pretty unique. GJ capturing that.

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Please don’t bring the T1 QQ in here. We don’t need the wah wah about game mechanics or stacked servers. We’re all quite happy with what we have here.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

the Great Grub War.

HAHAHA Thank you for posting this, I was the commander on the other side but PROPS to Jenar of The Vengeful Blades [TVB] for the brain power……was a good time for us on Kain!

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Thanks for the fun this week SoS. Special thanks to TSym. I think if you guys train up your pugs you guys can get back to T2. ^^

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

coronbale.3894

Thanks for the fun this week SoS. Special thanks to TSym. I think if you guys train up your pugs you guys can get back to T2. ^^

Thats the plan! Since the stress cases left lots of good players have come out of hiding to want to try out WvW. Few weeks of training and practice, and well be coming for that spot again!

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: drtoph.4857

drtoph.4857

Just want to give a shout out to my old guildies now occupying SoS. [PTX] saw you guys out there battling against the odds. Good to see some of you still out there and kicking in WvW.

Drtoph
80 Elementalist

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Just wanted to say thanks to SoS. I enjoyed many of the battles, you guys are very skilled. I hope to play against or with you guys some day, and wish you guys the best in t# for a return back up to t2.

thanks for the great battles,
~X [RE]
Kain

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Tholian.6321

Tholian.6321

Many thanks to SoS this week. You guys brought some great fights, and at times you had us running all over the place with swords all over the map. Your folks were pretty classy, and I’ll miss the fights with you. One of my favorite moments is still when one of your guys waved to me on the wall at Hills, and when I snickered and waved back, they cheered. We then went on to a great fight of 10-15 per side, good times.

Kain – your folks definitely brought it this week, especially early on. Your guys definitely know the meta game and run it exceedingly well, even when you’re out of prime time.

Some of the best moments this week:
“We need some help or we’re going to lose this keep” “We’ll be there in a few, we’re killing the grub.”
“I need supply to the top of SMC for a counter-treb” – they bring supply, then spend 15 minutes with a cauldron having a costume brawl on top of the treb.

Most irritating moment of the week:
Having to deal with a pair (possibly the same guy on two toons) teleport hackers popping into Overlook repeatedly just so they could slowly but surely wipe out the siege on the walls.

Worst moment of the week:
Having 20+ in map chat so focused on how to find and report said teleport hacker that they totally ignore the 20-25 who are inside Overlook working on the inner door.

Best fights: The taking and defending fights in SMC. Every one of them I’ve been involved in has ended up as a multi-hour siege, with many choke point battles on the walls, lots of open-field in the courtyards. If it weren’t for the ability lag… on both sides…

Oh, and to whoever said we didn’t have queues… I was queued twice last night trying to get in, once for well over an hour before I went to kitten it up on an alt in PvE for a while out of sheer boredom, the other for more than 30 minutes…granted, not the epic 6+ hour waits to get into WvWvW in T1 that I hear all about, but still pretty irritating when all you want to do is get in and join the fun you’re hearing on TS.

Note: Listening to other people fight on TS while you’re standing in the mists trying to get a slot is kinda like those old TV radios. It’s neat for about 3 minutes, then it’s just irritating.

Brax
WvW Freelancer
Blackgate

(edited by Tholian.6321)

3/1 SoS/Kain/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Mehmed.9210

Mehmed.9210

puhahahahaha really!!!