5/3 T3 Kaineng/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

T3 is so screwed up I wish maguuma would take first and it was a more even match up. I just like maguuma. :P

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in WvW

Posted by: SquirtyMagoo.8321

SquirtyMagoo.8321

T3 is so screwed up I wish maguuma would take first and it was a more even match up. I just like maguuma. :P

??? It is very balanced……. Probably one of the most balanced tiers.

Although I must admit, how Kain is still holding a lead still is blowing my mind. Looks like that time in T2 really benefited our WvW players to hold out this well so undermanned.
Once all those guilds left I was convinced we were destined for T4/5.

gogo Kain, fight till the bitter end.

(edited by SquirtyMagoo.8321)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

We took first last week, and likely will this week. Kain loses a lot of people after the weekend for some reason.

in WvW

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

We took first last week, and likely will this week. Kain loses a lot of people after the weekend for some reason.

And with some of us NA guys staying up later each week (I honestly think we are going to turn into the group that tries to hold off land before bony gets on, just maybe). But I agree that kain seems to lose a lot after weekends and we tend to have a lower turnout on reset nights and the weekends.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

(edited by jaycatano.6738)

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

That’s cause KN has a higher number of ppl with jobs, school, etc. A lot of us have RL stuff through the week. Though, I do know we have some putting in a lot of WvW time just to keep green in our BL or EB.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

jaycatano.6738

So do we :p our server isn’t filled with highschool kids. Most of the people I play with go to work, college, military, etc. But I know what you mean, real life sure gets in the way sometimes.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Not exactly…

We know we have a decreased playerbase that seems to have lost morale, weekends or during the week. Some of KN’s WvW guilds are very well aware that we need to stay up late hours of the night when we can to take a nice lead. Trust me, those of us NA guilds arent putting in this extra time for fun, we are very well aware of our servers’ situation. We lack coverage all around the clock, we just work hard and long hours when we can, becuase the Yaks and Mags outnumber us. Not neccasarily outmanned, but KN does seem to have a T4 playerbase performing like T2.

An example was lastnight in EB, both Yaks and Mags who were in EB know what im talking about lol.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in WvW

SquirtyMagoo.8321

And with some of us NA guys staying up later each week (I honestly think we are going to turn into the group that tries to hold off land before bony gets on, just maybe). But I agree that kain seems to lose a lot after weekends and we tend to have a lower turnout on reset nights and the weekends.

Your reset night turnout was fine. On the other hand we didn’t even have enough people to go on all 4 borderlands at reset. We had nobody on Yak BL at all

Kain is just a relatively low pop server atm and that shows throughout the week when the core players aren’t always available any more.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

That’s cause KN has a higher number of ppl with jobs, school, etc. A lot of us have RL stuff through the week. Though, I do know we have some putting in a lot of WvW time just to keep green in our BL or EB.

Every time someone posts this argument it blows my mind at how stupid it is. What horrid logic.

KN and YB lose after the weekend because their weekend warriors go back to PvE. Plain and simple. Mag’s WvW population stays the same throughout the week. ME, D|ERP, WaR, DFND, PYRO, NOVA, etc… all field similar numbers each and every day of the week. We don’t have an inflated weekend presence, and we don’t really have that many fairweathers. That’s why we always lose on the weekends and pull ahead during the week.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

I stand corrected then. Though, as I said, we have ppl putting in long hours just to keep stuff green (and thus maintain minimal PPT). I’ve seen some shrinkage of PvE pop too.

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

If Kaineng’s NA and SEA can switch the time they play, this match up will be perfect for all 3 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

All of our WvW only guilds are gone. We are down to 1 NA guild and we have to always jump to KN BL and EB all the time. If we can have 1 more guild that can go to Mag and Yaks BL we can definitely give you guys a better fight during primetime.

I am still happy with our performance. Maguuma will take over soon unless the PvE players that played on reset comes back and give extra hours in WvW.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Maybe, but our PvE pop is less than it used to be, and quite a few of the ones left are casuals who tend toward the lower lvl zones. The new Molten Facility has also affected our WvW coverage since ppl are running that before it gets shut down. Our WvW core is simply too small right now to keep up with Mag through the week, though we are trying as best as we can. Right now, it looks like Mag will pass us tomorrow (Wed.) just as they did last week (also Wed).

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Posted by: ajay.6314

ajay.6314

last week was fun ! great pitched battles. most of the times before against tc we were outnumbered. we should get more people in.

kaineg.

Diplomatic dictators [DD] – Kaineng
Rangerajay (Human Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Someone please post a score update and their favorite #magswag video.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

reminds me of the week I was on FC, #fergzerg ;p lol

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

I even think I remember once in map chat reading something about #kainpaintrain lol, or #kaintrain haha

Crazy Leg

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

I think the Mag zerg in our BL is going to find some resistance, outmanned and not as organized as we are. We aim to please.

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

I think the Mag zerg in our BL is going to find some resistance, outmanned and not as organized as we are. We aim to please.

idk, you sure about that?

Attachments:

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: baillenheif.7526

baillenheif.7526

reminds me of the week I was on FC, #fergzerg ;p lol

Your week was my eternity >.< I spent my early days WvW’ing in FC and didn’t know what I was missing. Then I found #kaintrain and have never looked back!

Also, your welcome to the Mag zerg that watched as my group of lemmings followed me off a cliff near Maguuma Valley to our demise yesterday. No badges for you!

Primary Nublet: Banelene (http://i.imgur.com/036NPZu.jpg)
Guild: STUN
Server: The slightly dirty coast. Just needs a bit of silver polish.

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

cant speak for KN BL, maps are assigned.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

NO! You guys aren’t allowed to have hash’tags. Hash’tags are Maguuma’s. Bordered black and white! Telling my dad on you!

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

Score as of 1PM EST today.

Attachments:

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Note that I didn’t say successful resistance.

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Don’t you guys find that rather limiting?

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

Don’t you guys find that rather limiting?

This, I’d get bored as hell if that was the case.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

jaycatano.6738

Aww bony wasn’t able to keep kains bl overnight?? Lol, oh well we kept that wp in west keep for a pretty long time and were able to stop every single attack on garrison in kain bl after we took it back with a mesmer inside after you guys took it back early on last night. Wish I could’ve gottenUp today to see a wp on every keep in kain but I knew that was too good to be true :/ gj kain.by the way, is that wp from east keep from our little fun last night? Or did you guys get that recently?

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

We didn’t lose ppl. We just have very few Europeon players. That’s by far our weakest time zone. In the weekends we can play overtime to cover it. But in the weekdays everyone got work and school so we lost everything to pvdoor. That’s costing us a lot of points. >_>

No worries though. The fights are fun and that’s good enough for me. Tier 4 population with tier 2 skills, that’s how we roll.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Posted by: zoidberg.7801

zoidberg.7801

The problem I have found with us is that we have bursts of movement where we can take back most of the map…and then we all have to leave for work/sleep/class and it all gets taken back. So far though I am happy with this match-up, Maguuma and Yaks are worthy opponents of us!

Kaineng 4 lyfe yo
Samuel Stormwalker

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We didn’t lose ppl. We just have very few Europeon players. That’s by far our weakest time zone. In the weekends we can play overtime to cover it. But in the weekdays everyone got work and school so we lost everything to pvdoor. That’s costing us a lot of points. >_>

No worries though. The fights are fun and that’s good enough for me.

That’s pretty much the definition of losing people, isn’t it? Your NA prime time isn’t as strong as it is on the weekends. Work and school aren’t really a complete story for that, it’s not as if we don’t all have similar situations.

in WvW

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

I think Kaineng is pretty strong in EBG. They probably lost the guilds that would babysit their own BL to upgrade/defend stuff.

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

That’s pretty much the definition of losing people, isn’t it? Your NA prime time isn’t as strong as it is on the weekends. Work and school aren’t really a complete story for that, it’s not as if we don’t all have similar situations.

When we do have people we always wins. That’s all we care about at this point. That final score has much more to do with our lack European coverage, which is out of our control so why worry? We cannot worry about the people that we don’t have.

When we play we play to win. Then we got to sleep and then to work. After that we come back tomorrow to win again.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

SCORE UPDATE TIME

Kaineng 120,680 | +135
Maguuma 115,440 | +435
Yak’s Bend 104135 | +125

Attachments:

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Pinko.2076

When we do have people we always wins. That’s all we care about at this point. That final score has much more to do with our European coverage, which is out of our control so why worry?

Everyone wins when they have more people, though. That’s mostly what WvW is about. I think Mag only cares because there’s about 8 hours of dead air for us during the day and it gets quite boring!

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I think Kaineng is pretty strong in EBG. They probably lost the guilds that would babysit their own BL to upgrade/defend stuff.

They seem to be strong in EBG because one of if not their largest guild only goes to EBG because they have map assignments.

When we do have people we always wins. That’s all we care about at this point. That final score has much more to do with our lack European coverage, which is out of our control so why worry? We cannot worry about the people that we don’t have.

Nobody is worried about anything. You just said something I didn’t think was right so I replied to it :P

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

When we do have people we always wins. That’s all we care about at this point. That final score has much more to do with our European coverage, which is out of our control so why worry?

Everyone wins when they have more people, though. That’s mostly what WvW is about. I think Mag only cares because there’s about 8 hours of dead air for us during the day and it gets quite boring!

Help us recruit more Europeons and NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Gator.7581

Gator.7581

Not exactly…

We know we have a decreased playerbase that seems to have lost morale, weekends or during the week. Some of KN’s WvW guilds are very well aware that we need to stay up late hours of the night when we can to take a nice lead. Trust me, those of us NA guilds arent putting in this extra time for fun, we are very well aware of our servers’ situation. We lack coverage all around the clock, we just work hard and long hours when we can, becuase the Yaks and Mags outnumber us. Not neccasarily outmanned, but KN does seem to have a T4 playerbase performing like T2.

An example was lastnight in EB, both Yaks and Mags who were in EB know what im talking about lol.

Careful there my friend, you’re going to throw out an elbow or something patting your own back like that. My advice would be to get a lackey to do it for you instead. It’s much safer that way.

I kid, I kid – some of the best fights I’ve been in all week have been against you and your mates. Keep it up, it’s the only silver lining so far. In most cases, KN sees us coming and high-tales it the other way. As a result, I’ve gotten much better at chasing down other players. All’s well that ends well.

Cheers

in WvW

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

To the [RE] Guild in Kaineng, I have great admiration for the coordination and organization you guys always put together. The best experience and fighting I get in Eternal Battlegrounds is from your Guild hands down. I wish it were so easy on Maguuma to say that I had a full “Guild Zerg” running around bulldozing things but for us Maguumas, our zerg when you fight it consists of at best a 50-50 diffrerence between pugs and the mixture of WvW Guilds. I hope that you still enjoy the fights. I would have to say that Saturday (5/4) in the mid-afternoon before we abandoned Eternal Battlegrounds to take East Keep, we had a very healthy even exchange of wins – losses but you guys seemed to really get kitten off and leave after we beat you at the grub. Also, thank you to JudgeD for the compliments, that was me and the Maguuman Army! I look forward to fighting you more in the future, I have been working diligently to get the non-guild players or new-guild players to work on their coordination, builds, etc.

If you were fighting an actual RE zerg at the grub it sure as heck was not being commanded by Ethersin lol

As for them leaving, if Ethersin was there they may have gone to do something else…but since you fought them at the grub that probably just means they were like “meh let’s go do some PvE”.

No that was me commanding haha, we had a massive tail and I thought maguuma was occupied with the grub =P We all make mistakes

It was a good battle, I had my puggies coordinated well at that point though, I knew it was you commanding, by the numbers… Cheers!

Right, and when I command in EB, I have about 5 RE with me and 20-30 pugs…lol -_-. For some reason our guild only WvW’s when Ethersin is commanding.

Are you the D/D ele that commands RE sometimes? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Im the Tanky Guardian that is the first one to run into an enemy zerg. Most people wont push even if you tell them, so I lead by example lol

Sounds like more of a pug problem rather than a Guild internal problem. It’s quite obvious when Ethersin is on though.., cause there’s 65 RE on Eternal at once. Hmm thought you guys had an elementalist who was high ranking and had a commander icon. Maybe it’s a YB person. Pugs don’t lead by example, they run in fear. Do what you can do with what you can rely on.

lol this is a huge misconception that we always get regarding how many RE there are. During prime time we only have 20-30 RE players on, the rest are our servers militia. Many are new recruits we are trying to train up as well, I can admit that we are not as strong as we were during T2, due to people transferring out, quitting, ext. But we are building each day and hopefully we can bring good fights to WvW.

Ethersin -_______-

Respectfully, I have to also disagree like the CO Guild from Dragonbrand. You have to admit that you are able to yield 45+ RE during your scheduled WvW hours, maybe not all the time, but often enough.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

Not exactly…

Respectfully, I have to disagree, when commanders make bad decisions and dont listen to vital information it makes us look bad. I was roaming last night for fun and let others command, I was pretty kitten off by the end of the night when we lost everything.. I just logged off, not because of some overwhelming KN zerg, but rather because of illogical decision making in EBG.

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

MomentofWeakness.1246

Every time someone posts this argument it blows my mind at how stupid it is. What horrid logic.

KN and YB lose after the weekend because their weekend warriors go back to PvE. Plain and simple. Mag’s WvW population stays the same throughout the week. ME, D|ERP, WaR, DFND, PYRO, NOVA, etc… all field similar numbers each and every day of the week. We don’t have an inflated weekend presence, and we don’t really have that many fairweathers. That’s why we always lose on the weekends and pull ahead during the week.

This is true, we just have more guilds dedicated to WvW it seems than YB or KN, plain and simple. The other theories for why KN and YB fall behind simply dont add up, and are not easily measured or identified.

WvW Commander – NA PST

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Thought I’d just leave this here. We had at most 15 ppl defending and only delayed Mag’s karma train by 5 min.

Attachments:

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Thought I’d just leave this here. We had at most 15 ppl defending and only delayed Mag’s karma train by 5 min.

They should buff cart range to match trebs.

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Well, only another treb would have had range (which we didn’t have supply for), and we lacked the numbers to portal bomb/wall rush.

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

That was sarcasm.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

All those mags or atleast half come from pve/LA looking for easy karma and exp.
if you lack ppl why not try to do the same? I would love to see yaks or KN slow down our Karma train leader so he cant catch up to my rank ^.^

in WvW

Posted by: LilyLinguistic.5169

LilyLinguistic.5169

That was right around the time our karma train commander went back to his RL and we were left trying to convince another commander to put on his tag. I can tell based on my location, and I’m the only one from my main guild who WvWs.
So we delayed ourselves…but you helped Our KTCmdr’s new thing is apparently copious trebs :p

Lillian Lexicon-Annie Accidence-Victoria Vocabulary-Sophia Syntax-Olivia Origin-Eva Etymology.
[VR]-Maguuma

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

It may interest you Mags to know we had four cmmdrs inside garrison at the time that screenshot was taken. I think we finally had the numbers to put up a fight (such as it was), and a fight it was. To bad Yaks didn’t get in on it.

Edit: We may have had 20 ppl by this time. I’m not totally sure.

CrSy/LaWz

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

It may interest you Mags to know we had four cmmdrs inside garrison at the time that screenshot was taken. I think we finally had the numbers to put up a fight (such as it was), and a fight it was. To bad Yaks didn’t get in on it.

Edit: We may have had 20 ppl by this time. I’m not totally sure.

… it wasn’t a fight at all. I’m the Maguuma Major twerking in the screenshot above. We just walked in and took it instantly…

Not claiming we had great skill or anything in doing so, but to pretend it was fun for either side is a fallacy.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

JudgeD.5673

Yes, you walked in and took it, but I noticed it took a few min longer than before. We knew we couldn’t hold it.

Btw, I thought I recognized you. You’ve been quite busy on our BL of late.

CrSy/LaWz

(edited by JudgeD.5673)

in WvW

SquirtyMagoo.8321

Honestly, if this matchup was decided by number of WvW’ers it would have been mag 1st, yak 2nd , kain 3rd from day 1

Luckily it isnt.

(edited by SquirtyMagoo.8321)