5/31 DragonWagon/Magummybears/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

i’m hoping for lots of open field fights, and fight nights this week!

I’ll be hoping for the same, since defending against your server’s hackers in any kind of fortress is impossible. =(

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

I’ll be hoping for the same, since defending against your server’s hackers in any kind of fortress is impossible. =(

Report them and move on. If you have tags contact the appropriate guilds. Every server has hackers.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Arrow carts can hit any location that the player can see so long as it is in range. So, like at hills, some gates have a little space open at the top of the door (Hills middle inner gate, like mentioned earlier in the thread). If you place an arrow cart right in front of the door, the player on the arrow cart can shoot across to the bridge or anywhere inside that they can see.

You can do this at any location so long as the arrow cart can reach. It’s not an exploit, it’s just something that should be changed.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I knew this new matchmaking system was pretty kittened, but this matchup is even worse than I expected. Not only is this week a complete waste of time for 2 of the servers involved, SBI is actually going to go up in rating while getting slaughtered in WvW — does anyone at ArenaNet have a degree in Mathematics? Maybe just someone with some High School level math?

What a kittening joke.

Its more to do with the rating system they chose to use, which is clearly a very bad one for this sort of rating system.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

Arrow carts can hit any location that the player can see so long as it is in range. So, like at hills, some gates have a little space open at the top of the door (Hills middle inner gate, like mentioned earlier in the thread). If you place an arrow cart right in front of the door, the player on the arrow cart can shoot across to the bridge or anywhere inside that they can see.

You can do this at any location so long as the arrow cart can reach. It’s not an exploit, it’s just something that should be changed.

I don’t see why it should be changed. Arrows are kind of talented at being able to go over walls, you know. And people kind of have this ability to see things. Combine seeing the enemy with being able to send arrows flying over a wall, and miracles happen. And by miracle I mean an amazing feat of standard physics.

What is wrong is that many skills that aren’t currently effective should be completely possible when you consider the rules of standard physics (take for example an invader being obstructed because they are standing on the other side of a 5-inch ledge on a keep wall).

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

(edited by Mandar.9813)

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/bf16co.jpg[/img]

This is during our no coverage hours. Wait till Omen rolls in. Then our monster called NNK + TFV come in.

Guess that means we have negative coverage

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: LunarFault.6780

LunarFault.6780

This is during our no coverage hours. Wait till Omen rolls in. Then our monster called NNK + TFV come in.

We just painted EB green. Maguma kiss your Garri good bye because we are bored as hell and you are all that stands between us and a 695 tick.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

We just painted EB green. Maguma kiss your Garri good bye because we are bored as hell and you are all that stands between us and a 695 tick.

I’m sure you’ll take it eventually but not until we get our fill of badges. I’d say 42 is pretty good for a short garrison defense and reclaiming NE tower. Good night, enjoy fortifying all of our stuff, it sounds super exciting!!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

I feel rather bad for this match up and it isn’t even NNK o’clock yet. We don’t belong with you guys at all. We’re too big. The worst part is our fairweathers will be out in force, then go back into hiding when we get a match up we belong in.

Pretty much

Happens when so many people all stack in the same 2 tiers. The population gap between tier 2 and 3 is pretty ridiculous.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Hey guys. Mag good to see you. Respect as always. As much as this matchup is tipped greatly out of our favor, we hope to learn a thing or 2 playing against better players (SoS and CD were lootbags).

We were on DB bl and if you were there, you would say Champions of Stormbluff [SBI] brought it. In pink.

As for GvG, i’m open to the idea but i’m pretty sure we will get crushed lol. I have 0 experience in that. I am a pure WvW tactician. Terrain, Timing, Technique are my speciality. Open field warfare is where it’s at.

Attachments:

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

in Match-ups

Posted by: mikefmc.5961

mikefmc.5961

-.-’ this isnt even fun anymore. when did games stop producing fun content ? ;_;

Baqir | Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

An hour later and still waiting. DBs inability to push through a choke is somewhat fascinating.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

-.-’ this isnt even fun anymore. when did games stop producing fun content ? ;_;

Usually just shortly after release.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

does [VR] Guild vs Guild?

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

We could. Decide on a number and we can go from there. We are a newly founded wvw guild most of us coming from another guild here on mag that you may have heard of and are currently in the process of building our guild up. We currently have about 20-30 members.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

I’m on DB and I can tell you, if you’re serious about pvp its always worse to be on dominant side…except maybe in GW2 that is so zerg oriented

in Match-ups

Posted by: Man Slauterer.5984

Man Slauterer.5984

I’m sure you’ll take it eventually but not until we get our fill of badges. I’d say 42 is pretty good for a short garrison defense and reclaiming NE tower. Good night, enjoy fortifying all of our stuff, it sounds super exciting!!

Have fun taking our garrison, oh wait….you can’t

Man Slauterer-Leader of [Stab]-Maguuma
quad core i7 2.2GHz 8gb ram 64 bit Windows 7 Premium

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

We could. Decide on a number and we can go from there. We are a newly founded wvw guild most of us coming from another guild here on mag that you may have heard of and are currently in the process of building our guild up. We currently have about 20-30 members.

You don’t want to GvG [Agg] until you have your group synergy down.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tazdingo.8249

Tazdingo.8249

sos → dragonband… yay! outmanned again \^_^/

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

We aren’t new to playing together, we only have a few new members so far. The majority of our players all came to this new guild from our old one so we are no strangers to each other’s fighting style. We prefer smaller number fights for gvg however, like a 5v5, or 10v10 perhaps.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: LilyLinguistic.5169

LilyLinguistic.5169

haha oh man, the facepalm I did when i saw how the dice landed.. See you in a week maguuma.

Bony No! You can’t abandon us!

Lillian Lexicon-Annie Accidence-Victoria Vocabulary-Sophia Syntax-Olivia Origin-Eva Etymology.
[VR]-Maguuma

(edited by LilyLinguistic.5169)

in Match-ups

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

ahhh the good sportsmanship you show overwhelms us. gg. cant wait for future updates of how awesome you guys are.

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Poor rawnoodles and his predictions.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Poor rawnoodles and his predictions.

You are annoying.

P.S. DB stop talking trash

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I would like to throw this out there for public consumption. Why not 2v1 Db?

This will do nothing to effect NNK-O’clock during the TFV timezone points, but it may help even out the off hours. Also it will really test our other times. I personally think Mags NA coverage can match up against us, I dont know about SBI.

I also want to /wave to the limping D/E/R/P general who didn’t kill this raptor near the SE gate of your garrison last night

in Match-ups

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

Hey now. Being originally from SBI, I have never fought my old server. This is an exciting experience for me to see how much you guys have grown since I left back in December.
Cheers to those that know me, see you on the field!

same I got friends on sbi and mag so if you wanna cheer me on looking for them il be the jackalope in a box

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

What’s your most hilarious story of reset night? Mine is:

Solo roaming like I always do—in my own BL because I saw we only had two towers and a camp there. Tried to flip a few camps, but they were all being guarded. After a bit I saw that the quaggan island had just come up, so I headed there, killed the krait, and started capping. I got excited when I saw two DB come up out of the water—a chance to test my skills vs. DB’s roamers!

…and then another ten DB came up behind them and they all chased me to the bottom of the lake and killed me. The end.

Wait, except then about fifteen minutes later I capped the quaggs again and ten Mags came. That time I actually finished the cap first, though

tl;dr why would anyone in any tier send 10+ people to flip quaggans?

in Match-ups

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

does [VR] Guild vs Guild?

I’m assuming you’d like a GvG.
We are a fairly new guild and am curious to see why exactly you want a GvG.

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Speed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

because we’re bored and there’s not much else to do

i got my 6th character 100% wvw map completion and am currently deciding which dungeons to run because there’s nothing to actually do in wvw this week now

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

What’s your most hilarious story of reset night?

- Hitting B and seeing SBI and MAG.

- Also, our treb placement outside NW side of SMC… that was great. And we did it a couple of times, lol.

- Also, just following Dekar in general… good times…

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

lol the SEA zerg solves their garrison problem by lobbing a crapload of golems at the keep. gj zerglings.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

This will do nothing to effect NNK-O’clock during the TFV timezone points, but it may help even out the off hours. Also it will really test our other times. I personally think Mags NA coverage can match up against us, I dont know about SBI.

Because it’s a useless tactic unless it affects the score. SBI is a NA primetime server mainly. No matter what we do our towers and keeps are going to get taken while we’re not playing. There’s no reason to cut our potential for fights in half during the small window each day when we field a reasonable sized force. We can’t really affect the overall score so it doesn’t really matter to us, we just want to kill both of you when we’re online.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

I also want to /wave to the limping D/E/R/P general who didn’t kill this raptor near the SE gate of your garrison last night

Game mechanic favors 2 stronger servers gang up on worst one, and not other way around

in Match-ups

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

No need to 2v1, but how about SBI and Mag try not to cap each other’s northern camps. We both need supply to get stuff ready to slow down the tsunami of bodies that comes at night.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParasiTTe.7643

ParasiTTe.7643

That got me interested in this possible GvG m8

thanks

Phoenix Mask — [VR]
Maguuma

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Since you have no clue what the CoC is, I’ll lay it out for you.

1. Don’t talk about hacking or exploiting, no one cares anymore.
2. Don’t be rude, condescending, and/or inflammatory towards other posters. Mods care.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

seeing as DB will hold most of the maps and ppt doesnt matter can we do like entire map kind of gvg instead of the usual windmill gvg? it will allow the guilds to show how they use terrain and it would be more realistic

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

good fights last night, [pyro] you guys must have had the whole map at hills lol.. was fun : )

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

Nothing we can do about it. Will be on tonight to fight like every other night. Until they do something about points based on player participation this is how its going to be regardless of match making or otherwise. Coverage and blobbing is what GW2 WvWvW is about. Everyone knows it and dont kid yourself otherwise. So what do we do? Kill each other. All we can do. Just try to keep it in your mind camping the spawn will probably not help get more people out, try and keep that to a minimal please. We are mostly a casual player base and most dont really know better.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

GuardianOMS.8067

Please just report people posting about hacking/exploiting and move on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

lol the random match really messed with us here… I mean if you look at any of the other match ups made they don’t look all that bad, sure there are servers that are able to clearly out play their opponents but our match up is just overkill… though with this new system I’m sure every week there will be a match up similar to ours now. Maybe Blackgate will face Fergusons and CD or something… That would be hilarious. :P

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

I’m laughing at those people trying to justify the hacks that Dragonbrand employed last night. Multiple people on multiple arrow carts and catapults shooting in impossible places. It took us on SBI a good minutes to figure out it was a DB catapult in the tunnel under SE tower that was taking out our lord’s room siege by shooting directly upwards. I wish our catapult blueprints included that feature.

Not to mention the DB AC’s under supply huts being able to target objects through the supply hut roof, through the wall, and over the bridge at Hills. Tell me again how SBI is supposed to counter that without hacking ourselves? And we’ve seen cheating, we’ve played against CD. But it’s pretty much unanimous that we’ve never seen a huge portion of an enemy zerg cheat so blatantly.
So now we know how DB got it’s Tier 2 status. Shame, this week could have been fun even if SBI lost at every turn, but to loss to cheating by rampant and blatant hackers is another thing.
It’s one thing for a few bad apples in a zerg to ruin the match. It’s another when the zerg is full of them. Kodus to Dragonbrand, fielding and defending hacks takes a special kind of skill.

Maguuman here:

Until last night I had no idea this kind of stuff even existed but kitten did I get a crash course in hacking and cheating. We watched our trebs get eaten by AC from down the side of a suicide cliff (so tall fall damage would kill you) we realized that something was up. Normal players cant zoom their camera back far enough to land those shots..

It’s like he said we didn’t expect to come out on top, but all we wanted was the opportunity to fight it out in a fair and balanced setting. This is really discouraging and disappointing.

(edited by Drek Thalon.5490)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dockin.1745

Dockin.1745

DB is the worst for hacking. Full stop. I don’t mind fighting a see a red and losing to numbers, but hacking cheaters… no thanks…

cya in a week!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Until last night I had no idea this kind of stuff even existed. Until we watched our trebs get eaten by AC from down the side of a suicide cliff (so tall fall damage would kill you) we realized that something was up. Normal players cant zoom their camera back far enough to land those shots..

It’s like he said, we didn’t expect to come out on top, but all we wanted was the opportunity to fight it out in a fair and balanced setting. This is really discouraging and disappointing.

Personally, I think Anet needs to just disable WvW until they can find a fix to prevent this field of view and zoom hacking. Because as it is, DB is just racking up points riding on the cheating wave while almost all prominent SBI WvWers have no interest in playing WvW now. And not because the server matchups are quite unfair, but because the hacks employed by our enemies are a little bit more than “quite unfair.”

In fact, they are game-breaking. And it was one thing to tolerate CD’s “few bad apples in the bunch” but it’s a totally different thing to see a zerg employ that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

I’m laughing at those people trying to justify the hacks that Dragonbrand employed last night. Multiple people on multiple arrow carts and catapults shooting in impossible places. It took us on SBI a good minutes to figure out it was a DB catapult in the tunnel under SE tower that was taking out our lord’s room siege by shooting directly upwards. I wish our catapult blueprints included that feature.

Not to mention the DB AC’s under supply huts being able to target objects through the supply hut roof, through the wall, and over the bridge at Hills. Tell me again how SBI is supposed to counter that without hacking ourselves? And we’ve seen cheating, we’ve played against CD. But it’s pretty much unanimous that we’ve never seen a huge portion of an enemy zerg cheat so blatantly.
So now we know how DB got it’s Tier 2 status. Shame, this week could have been fun even if SBI lost at every turn, but to loss to cheating by rampant and blatant hackers is another thing.
It’s one thing for a few bad apples in a zerg to ruin the match. It’s another when the zerg is full of them. Kodus to Dragonbrand, fielding and defending hacks takes a special kind of skill.

Until last night I had no idea this kind of stuff even existed but kitten did I get a crash course in hacking and cheating. We watched our trebs get eaten by AC from down the side of a suicide cliff (so tall fall damage would kill you) we realized that something was up. Normal players cant zoom their camera back far enough to land those shots..

It’s like he said we didn’t expect to come out on top, but all we wanted was the opportunity to fight it out in a fair and balanced setting. This is really discouraging and disappointing.

and now you know what DB is all about. The tinfoil brigade on kaineng had no idea when they accused us of hacking.. with DB it’s either hack or blob (mostly blob). Yet to see them use tactics beyond ‘more!’

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Sympathies to SBI, you deserved a better matchup.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

[…]

Please report them, and let ANet decide whether it’s a hack or not. No one can control who plays on the server, so it’s pretty unfair to generalize actions of a few on the whole server. Or maybe simply you just don’t know it is doable until now.

[…] We watched our trebs get eaten by AC from down the side of a suicide cliff (so tall fall damage would kill you) we realized that something was up. Normal players cant zoom their camera back far enough to land those shots.. […]

A treb inside garrison that can hit outer bay wall can be destroyed by an AC below the cliff, and the cliff would kill you if you fell. I’m not sure where you’ve placed your trebs, but most of them certainly can be killed from below a suicidal cliff.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Actually, I have a better idea, Anet should find a way to detect these players, implement it in a secret patch, and then round up all the hackers and banned them forever. Then, they should put the heads of those characters on pikes outside of WvW. Well, maybe not the pike-part.

Please report them, and let ANet decide whether it’s a hack or not.

Video included. Anet needs to put the fix of this as priority #1

No one can control who plays on the server, so it’s pretty unfair to generalize actions of a few on the whole server.

But DB can control who they report, and when all the siege in a DB zerg is doing impossible things, things that have been popular with popular hacks, it’s pretty fair to blame the server. I’m not sure how DB couldn’t notice that all their siege is in places that can’t hit anything at Hills, yet SBI has to hide in the lords room to escape AC fire. Or how we are in SE tower lord’s room, on siege. The siege is dying and we are getting lifted off the ground by catapult fire from a catapult inside the tunnel.

Or maybe simply you just don’t know it is doable until now.

Vertical-firing catapults and AC’s that can hit anything, anywhere inside their range regardless of walls, buildings, and other obstacles that prevent targetting, please do share the video guide on how we can do these things without hacking. Because, remember, at SBI, we don’t endorse hacking, however, some servers seem to.

(edited by Toroxus.9256)

in Match-ups

Posted by: manbearpig.8095

manbearpig.8095

tbh I watch for people using the zoom hack to trickshot ac’s I know how to do it and wont share how to do it or do it myself but it is very easy to do for those that know how. the situation where our catas in the tunnel were killing siege in the lords room is easy catas no longer damage through walls to other siege however that tunnel is not considered a wall aiming right at the wall close range sends the rock flying into the wall just close enough for the aoe shock from a cata to hit the inner siege at lords room. I have looked around and haven’t really seen siege inside of the supply huts however most ac placement is actually behind the gates placed in a special way thakittens almost hanging off the edge allowing us to use it with almost no chance of it being taken out unless a group knows how to counter.
the ac’s aiming up the wall is a easy one the range counter on a ac doesn’t count upwards and downwards so we can fire it 100000000 yards straight up or down it is simply a matter of looking up with the increased aoe size at t4 ac mastery you can hit trebs placements easily

kintai yuhara 80 necro [RE]