5/31 DragonWagon/Magummybears/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I would like to throw this out there for public consumption. Why not 2v1 Db?

This will do nothing to effect NNK-O’clock during the TFV timezone points, but it may help even out the off hours. Also it will really test our other times. I personally think Mags NA coverage can match up against us, I dont know about SBI.

Because it’s a useless tactic unless it affects the score. SBI is a NA primetime server mainly. No matter what we do our towers and keeps are going to get taken while we’re not playing. There’s no reason to cut our potential for fights in half during the small window each day when we field a reasonable sized force. We can’t really affect the overall score so it doesn’t really matter to us, we just want to kill both of you when we’re online.

I’m on SBI and respectfully I have to disagree. 2v1 is an absolutely useful strategy. It is the only strategy that makes any sense in a match like this.

In fact, it worked on reset night. On DB BL Mag went up their side, SBI went up ours. We had great fights. We took Hills, we took NE tower, we got to within a hairs breath of taking their garrison. This would absolutely not have happened if Mag and us had been fighting with each other in the south. But fortunately we both seemed to recongnize this.

The same can work on EB. Our BL is a little different.

It is going to be the way we are going to have fun this week. DB can fill all 4 maps. We cannot fill even 2 maps. I’m not sure about Mag, somewhere in between I’m guessing.

If we and Mag insist on fighting each other and delving deep into each others territory, DB can have free reign to do whatever they want. If we play smart and don’t fight in DB BL south and don’t mess with each other constantly on our mutual border in EB then we can have great fights, take points and most importantly have fun and feel like we’re accomplishing somethig and not get demoralized.

in Match-ups

Johje Holan.4607

I would like to throw this out there for public consumption. Why not 2v1 Db?

This will do nothing to effect NNK-O’clock during the TFV timezone points, but it may help even out the off hours. Also it will really test our other times. I personally think Mags NA coverage can match up against us, I dont know about SBI.

I also want to /wave to the limping D/E/R/P general who didn’t kill this raptor near the SE gate of your garrison last night

Game mechanic favors 2 stronger servers gang up on worst one, and not other way around

Human players should be able to overcome that. See my above post.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I would like to direct you to this thread I posted a while back addressing arrowcarts. I do not like some of the things involved with where AC’s can target. But it is not hacking or exploiting as per Anet.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arrow-Carts-can-hit-hard-to-reach-places/first#post2017966

This is how Anet has decided to enable multi monitor setups. It is from the developers. It is not 3rd party, or unintended by them or they would find some fix.

edit: They are working on a fix in some ways. they are debuffing the range and extra range traits on arrowcarts. But they dont want to do that until they can offer a reset on the spent wvw points.

(edited by eithinan.9841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Actually, I have a better idea, Anet should find a way to detect these players, implement it in a secret patch, and then round up all the hackers and banned them forever. Then, they should put the heads of those characters on pikes outside of WvW. Well, maybe not the pike-part.

Look, next time you see the hacking and stuff going on just report it and move on.
Best thing to do.
Also, I agree with the fact that Anet needs to start going after hackers more. Don’t just give them a small suspension or something similar. Strait up ban them permanently.
On another note, can you just not go generalizing an entire server for a few hackers.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Look, next time you see the hacking and stuff going on just report it and move on.
Best thing to do.
Also, I agree with the fact that Anet needs to start going after hackers more. Don’t just give them a small suspension or something similar. Strait up ban them permanently.
On another note, can you just not go generalizing an entire server for a few hackers.

I laugh at the people who think that SBI has never seen an AC and think we have no clue how they work. But you’re right Zalani, we reported and moved on, as in, moved out of WvW. At least until we fight servers that don’t have rampant “ACs in just the right spots.” Or until we get word that it’s no longer possible via game update or word of mouth. Sorry Maguuma.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

That Tick :o

I’m so sorry SBI/MAG.
I don’t approve.

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drek Thalon.5490

Drek Thalon.5490

[…]

Please report them, and let ANet decide whether it’s a hack or not. No one can control who plays on the server, so it’s pretty unfair to generalize actions of a few on the whole server. Or maybe simply you just don’t know it is doable until now.

[…] We watched our trebs get eaten by AC from down the side of a suicide cliff (so tall fall damage would kill you) we realized that something was up. Normal players cant zoom their camera back far enough to land those shots.. […]

A treb inside garrison that can hit outer bay wall can be destroyed by an AC below the cliff, and the cliff would kill you if you fell. I’m not sure where you’ve placed your trebs, but most of them certainly can be killed from below a suicidal cliff.

It wasn’t the garri, and they were placed on top of the supply outpost inside the tower, not on an exterior wall. Your cursor should not be able to reach that far into the tower unless you are on terrain higher than the target, or at least your camera is. I promise you cannot get a normal camera angle from this location to hit em. I investigated it after I killed the AC because I was baffled stupid staring up this mountain thinking, “how… da kitten.” This was before I was informed it was zoom hacking.

(edited by Drek Thalon.5490)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

2v1 DB all week. I’m sure DB wouldn’t be kitten y about it, its already a cakewalk for them I’m sure they are gonna get bored with the lack of challenge. 2v1 against DB would be the only way for all of us to have any fun in this matchup this week.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

2v1 DB all week. I’m sure DB wouldn’t be kitten y about it, its already a cakewalk for them I’m sure they are gonna get bored with the lack of challenge. 2v1 against DB would be the only way for all of us to have any fun in this matchup this week.

I would encourage 2v1ing against us for exactly this reason.
Make the best out of a bad situation and try to learn some new tactics to take forward.

PS: I am obviously not a representative of my entire server.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Toroxus.9256

Normally, this is what I’d try to do. Unfortunately, not many of the prominent SBI players still have morale to fight after what happened with DB’s “Well placed siege.” We were hoping to battle tactics that a Tier 2 uses, and oh did we ever.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

I kind of giggled last night when a sea of a trillion DB shot arrow carts around the corner into the lord room of AP with 2 walls down for our 3 AC’s. Love them side winding homing arrows, inspector gadget style!

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Johje Holan.4607

Normally, this is what I’d try to do. Unfortunately, not many of the prominent SBI players still have morale to fight after what happened with DB’s “Well placed siege.” We were hoping to battle tactics that a Tier 2 uses, and oh did we ever.

Even more reason to 2v1 them. Comon lets do it!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I keep trying to help SBI roaming groups in their skirmishes with DB. Doing my part!

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Kvothe.1467

I just wanna see if my signature shows.

*Success

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

*Success

your sig is very nice i wish i had one too

in Match-ups

Kvothe.1467

*Success

your sig is very nice i wish i had one too

not hard to make one go to the top right where ur account name is in gray and right under it press on the “Forum Profile” and u should be able to make ur sig there. Don’t forget to check mark the “show signature” box after though.

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

I’m so surprised so many keep thinking DB haxxxxx. Lol. That makes me laugh a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Did SBI have a meeting to post as many threads on the forum as possible?
Seems like everytime I refresh someone’s put up a new thread about this match from SBI

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Kvothe.1467

Seems like everytime I refresh someone’s put up a new thread about this match from SBI

Currently at work. Since I can’t play I’m just gonna sit here and post about it… :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I think a lot of people on SBI were really looking forward to having a good fair opponent. For the last 2 months or so we had been stuck fighting the same servers, and SoS had such a massive oceanic population there was no way for us to even compete.

So to have to face the same situation another week is very frustrating.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shads.9468

Shads.9468

I’m so surprised so many keep thinking DB haxxxxx. Lol. That makes me laugh a lot.

Well could you point me to the flying golem vendor please?

in Match-ups

Toroxus.9256

I think a lot of people on SBI were really looking forward to having a good fair opponent. For the last 2 months or so we had been stuck fighting the same servers, and SoS had such a massive oceanic population there was no way for us to even compete.

So to have to face the same situation another week is very frustrating.

We’re used to get steamrolled by a server like SoS, we weren’t used to dozens of sieges doing impossible things.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Well could you point me to the flying golem vendor please?

Send me 50g in-game, I’ll send you the blueprint.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

good fights last night, [pyro] you guys must have had the whole map at hills lol.. was fun : )

No, we had 30 PYRO and the occasional 20-man RP or ME zerg to lend a hand when DB respawned their entire queue zerg to push us.

That’s right, you AC siege creeped 30 people over 15 times last night.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

Can my fellow DBers(mainly the pugs) stop being kittens and get off of SBI’s EBG spawn.

Show some class people.

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Can my fellow DBers(mainly the pugs) stop being kittens and get off of SBI’s EBG spawn.

Show some class people.

SBI of the servers in this match up don’t deserve it.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Good team coordination, good siege placement, good tactics. It all seems fishy… HAXXX!!

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Maguuman here:

Until last night I had no idea this kind of stuff even existed but kitten did I get a crash course in hacking and cheating. We watched our trebs get eaten by AC from down the side of a suicide cliff (so tall fall damage would kill you) we realized that something was up. Normal players cant zoom their camera back far enough to land those shots..

It’s like he said we didn’t expect to come out on top, but all we wanted was the opportunity to fight it out in a fair and balanced setting. This is really discouraging and disappointing.

Yes I was kind of surprised. Not had to report this many people before. Oh well nothing you can do but report, move on and keep fighting.

Also, not sure why some Maguuma people are saying SBI runs from fights. Kind of thought the same myself about other servers (who I will not identify), guess it is just perspective. Of course our small zergs vs large zergs that might be expected. Still I think this week will be a lot of fun. Like I did for CD, will be rooting for SBI and Maguuma this week.

SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

It’s like.. 2 people.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LunarFault.6780

LunarFault.6780

Guys it’s been stated over and over. It’s camera angles. In some cases it’s running the game in “eyefinity or nvidia surround”. Both of which are programed features by Arena.net.

Trebbing from suicide cliffs is a common spot. The counter is to place an ac right below the trib on the ground. Turn your camera angle all the way up so you are staring straight up. Place the cursor on the top of the cliff till it turns green. You will hit the trebs in that location. Everything has a counter and it is not hacks it is smart use of camera angles. It would be op if you could just siege from any location with no way of countering it.

Nobody has been getting lessons in hacks. They have been getting lessons in how to counter siege. It surprises me that you all are unaware of this counter.

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

I miss TC and FA.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I miss…. no, no I don’t miss KN or YB. I miss FA. Can’t we just fight two FA?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Match-ups

Toroxus.9256

I don’t need to convince you about the AC’kittenting impossible places. The video sent to Arenanet is all they will need.

in Match-ups

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

the arena.net dev guild is based on SBI. so hacks will be first hand experience to them if they occurred and it will be dealt promptly hopefully.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

good fights last night, [pyro] you guys must have had the whole map at hills lol.. was fun : )

No, we had 30 PYRO and the occasional 20-man RP or ME zerg to lend a hand when DB respawned their entire queue zerg to push us.

That’s right, you AC siege creeped 30 people over 15 times last night.

Yup, and the handful of DORP trying not to lose the north towers 10 times and trying to keep a hold on WK ;_; we were most definitely not all in the same spot, almost to a fault.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

I love my SBI devs.

Shout out to Izzy if you read this!
Are SENT still on SBI? if so do they play WvW?
What about CaLM?
I’d like to fight them too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

We’re used to get steamrolled by a server like SoS, we weren’t used to dozens of sieges doing impossible things.

But you fought CD. Surely you must have seen some weird stuff.

in Match-ups

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I love my SBI devs.

Shout out to Izzy if you read this!
Are SENT still on SBI? if so do they play WvW?
What about CaLM?
I’d like to fight them too.

I know CaLM is still there, they are a big ally of KT.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

Its even more used in T1. One of ways to solve this would be ability to see enemy names in wvw…if combat log would tell who hit you, and who killed you, it would help tremendously in reporting

in Match-ups

Mayoken.9851

I want to set up a GvG with CaLM

Besides that, all DB act classy on forums.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

Welcome back DB and hello SBI! I like the new system gives some variety that’s for sure. While I’m not looking forward to getting rolled by large groups it will be fun to evade and employ some tactics. NNK I’m coming for you, you guys are good but i’ll pick off every last NNk roamer I see this match.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

Well I finish map completion in wvw for my alts thank anet for this stupid week, and I hope the person who think this random RNG thing for matches is out of the company now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DoomMagick.5963

DoomMagick.5963

Best thing to do.

I laugh at the people who think that SBI has never seen an AC and think we have no clue how they work. But you’re right Zalani, we reported and moved on, as in, moved out of WvW. At least until we fight servers that don’t have rampant “ACs in just the right spots.” Or until we get word that it’s no longer possible via game update or word of mouth. Sorry Maguuma.

The best way to report someone for hacking if to select their character, press “P” click invite, then use a WP(or wait a long time) and you get their char name, next add this char to your Blocked List(in contacts(Y)), this will then give you their full account ID. Use this information in a ticket in the violations section and report them with both char and account ID, I also like to include the time frame the player is on. Wait 2 days to a week and you will no longer see this player online in your blocked list..problem solved. I have done this numerous times and it never failed me yet. Consider yourselves all armed against hackers-

Hackers your anonymity is no longer with you.

Side note..my game wont launch and I finally have a weekend off…sad day

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I don’t know why I’ll never learn that if a solo DB player stops to fight me 1v1, it just means he saw a green dot or 3 heading his way.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

-.-’ this isnt even fun anymore. when did games stop producing fun content ? ;_;

To be fair. Most of the players from maguma complain when pitted up against Dragonbrand. having No night time presence is killer.

your next match up will hopefully not have us.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Since this week will probably be terrible score-wise, I might as well try to set up some GvG’s.

[TG], want a rematch?

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I don’t know why I’ll never learn that if a solo DB player stops to fight me 1v1, it just means he saw a green dot or 3 heading his way.

Verified.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I’m seriously starting to worry about unable to complete wvw daily after day 1…
Anet wants lower tier to shows its strength?
According to what happened back then and right now, I just have one thing to say:
“Not a chance.”

If they put ANY T1 into ANY T2 and below server, it’ll be even worse.
This is a problem that cannot be resolved unless they redesign the whole wvw thing, make it a scheduled battle instead of 24/7.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bannok.3152

Bannok.3152

You might get some fights if you move 100 people off of the spawn and let those 15 pieces of siege decay, just sayin.

Bannok – Dark Covenant (SBI)

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Someone posted this on one of my YouTube videos and it really hurt my feelings. :’(

Attachments:

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz