5/31: FA-TC-SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

You go up against higher tier servers, you gain rating, you gain lessons, and wiping their zergs gives you more satisfaction than when we wipe yours!

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

ive enjoyed fighting SOS. Havnt touched your bls tho. I dont see a point of hitting SOS bls when its all blue anyways lol. TC bls is where its at and turning it mostly green yesturday and waking up to see we still held a good portion of it was good to see.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

I know we are going to lose but having a ton of fun. Can’t tell how many times I went suicide jumping into a situation that was hopeless but got to give it my all. I’m the one yelling at the enemy as they down me “Thank you sir!! Give me another!” At least I’m not worth very much WXP anymore to enemy players.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Keep it up SOS! You, much like FA, have some very good small 2-5 person havoc squads that were very effective on TCBL this morning. I suicided into more camp-capping-rings than I’d like to count! I’ve not had a chance to log hours in EB so far this matchup, but your EB guilds/militia deserve massive props – you guys seem to be consistently dug into your 1/3. /salute to both SOS and FA. =)

~Arabella

in Match-ups

Posted by: LFMTotoro.7236

LFMTotoro.7236

Definitely been an enjoyable weekend fighting the TC/FA folks, looking forward to the rest of the week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Saw this RET legend quaggan chilling so we went to chill with it.

Then he died :’(

Attachments:

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

To the [NR] Warrior Major, good duel. Your combo really hurts. :x

-[CERN] Mesmer Scout

Attachments:

(edited by Aylaine.1036)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

Wow, we really deserve to get stomped in this matchup. Some of the commanders have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. At all. We’re barely managing to hold on to our homelands and they decide to go on an offensive tilt instead of staying defensive and upgrading towers (which are barely T2 to mention). In the meantime while they get wiped knee deep in enemy territory (we’re outmanned, why are you invading an enemy’s T3 tower when they have more than triple our number?) we lose 2 towers and supply camps to boot.

/SoS#1

Edit : Also, don’t understand why people feel the need to tag up on an outmanned map when we already have a commander and break up an outmanned server into two zergs. Christ, this server gives me migraines.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

(edited by Lyndis.2584)

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You are looking at it the wrong way.

It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Do NOT look at the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I am so proud to be part of SoS. It has not gained 1, not 2, but 3 whole ranks! Last time we fought in tier 2 it was when our spirit was completely broken but this time it is so different.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Though I know us pugs can frustrate the heck out of our commanders, they have provided a very positive attitude that has brought up the morale (that had really taken a dive) of our community.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Saw this RET legend quaggan chilling so we went to chill with it.

Then he died :’(

; ~ ;.

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Wow, we really deserve to get stomped in this matchup. Some of the commanders have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. At all. We’re barely managing to hold on to our homelands and they decide to go on an offensive tilt instead of staying defensive and upgrading towers (which are barely T2 to mention). In the meantime while they get wiped knee deep in enemy territory (we’re outmanned, why are you invading an enemy’s T3 tower when they have more than triple our number?) we lose 2 towers and supply camps to boot.

/SoS#1

Edit : Also, don’t understand why people feel the need to tag up on an outmanned map when we already have a commander and break up an outmanned server into two zergs. Christ, this server gives me migraines.

I think there are going to be some hiccups as we readjust to a matchup where we can’t get away with some of the really bad habits that have sunk in in T4 and there’s a learning curve for newer commanders who’ve never really had to have the good habits. By and large, what I’ve seen out there so far has been very encouraging though.

Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Wow what a great night last night!

I found a ton of small skirmishes and got in to some wicked duels. Even managed to win a 2vMe

For any SOS that feel bad about this matchup, I hope you can find some fun battles and engagements. PPT and winning tier 2 does define the quality of your server. I think you should all be proud that you’re kicking kitten and taking names every day.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Mag hates NarF, I miss you guys

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

SoS, you….. you portal bombed our portal in the SW camp on TCBL. the irony was staggering.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fujikura.6754

Fujikura.6754

SoS, you….. you portal bombed our portal in the SW camp on TCBL. the irony was staggering.

We held that camp for about a good 30-45 mins with just 25 of us versus like 40+ TC. I think we did pretty good lol

Sea of Sorrows
Swords of Villanousity [SoV]
www.villanousity.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Mag hates NarF, I miss you guys

Dawww. Poor Gellor. You can still come Narf with us over here!
I kind of miss DB too, minus the blatant trolls of course. It’s like that close friend that moves five states away. You miss them when they’re gone. We spent so much time together! FA’s keeping us company though, thanks FA!

No offense intended to any SoS! You guys have brought the fights this week, and its been a lot of fun! Wishing I had more time to play this weekend, the little bits I’ve had here and there were great.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

(edited by Zoja.2631)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We held that camp for about a good 30-45 mins with just 25 of us versus like 40+ TC. I think we did pretty good lol

lol was just coming here to comment on this fight ..

All I can say is .. Vale .. lol

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

To the FA ranger in FABL who just walked up to bay wrym gate with all the adds up in an alpha siege golem without any reinforcements, either that’s a. the cutest/sadest way to try and solo a keep as you didn’t even make it half way before you died, or b. shameful and disgusting you’re suiciding your own bl’s golems and can’t just jump them off a cliff like the rest of the trolls.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

Since I couldn’t party, can someone from [LeeT] tell that human male thief that I’d like to try 1v1ing again?

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

To the FA ranger in FABL who just walked up to bay wrym gate with all the adds up in an alpha siege golem without any reinforcements, either that’s a. the cutest/sadest way to try and solo a keep as you didn’t even make it half way before you died, or b. shameful and disgusting you’re suiciding your own bl’s golems and can’t just jump them off a cliff like the rest of the trolls.

lol my best memory of Kaineng was two guys in golem suits got outer watergate down and were dutifully plodding their way up the steps to attack inner gate when we finally spotted them. Just two. I thought it was both hilarious and gutsy

in Match-ups

Coinin.2590

thanks for the Bay Waypoint FA!! <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

I am so proud to be part of SoS. It has not gained 1, not 2, but 3 whole ranks! Last time we fought in tier 2 it was when our spirit was completely broken but this time it is so different.

There’s some QQ’ing about the new matchups, but SoS is the epitome of what ANet intended with the new system. Lower tier servers taking rank from higher tier ones they otherwise would have never fought, and vice versa, both shaking up and balancing out the tiers better.

I think once the dust settles and we’ve had a few weeks of this, and people get a feel for how the increased short-term randomness contributes to longer term ranking accuracy, it will generally be considered an improvement.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Appears FA and TC are really unhappy with their original maps, have loaded up the U-Haul and are in the process of getting all their friends to lift that really heavy ugly couch to the new location.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

TC and FA zergs are twice the size of SoS ones. That just means they drop twice the amount of loot bags.

So far in EB…

TC zergs are too afraid to leave the huddle so much that hey let me stand next to them on the ground picking them off one by one. <3

FA zergs are a little more aggressive. They go for the kill.

in Match-ups

Coinin.2590

There’s some QQ’ing about the new matchups, but SoS is the epitome of what ANet intended with the new system. Lower tier servers taking rank from higher tier ones they otherwise would have never fought, and vice versa, both shaking up and balancing out the tiers better.

I think once the dust settles and we’ve had a few weeks of this, and people get a feel for how the increased short-term randomness contributes to longer term ranking accuracy, it will generally be considered an improvement.

I would agree with that…if the numbers really made much sense. If we look at how the current rating are, yeah SoS will gain some rating by being beat by us. But TC is standing on losing a good deal of rating, EVEN IF WE WIN. As such, Dragonbrand will be pulling ahead to rank 4 above TC because they are gaining a lot of rating because they are basically demolishing a tier 3 and a tier 5 servers. It shakes up the rating’s sure…but not based on playing skill, more based on luck.

in Match-ups

Posted by: EdotMP.1835

EdotMP.1835

TC and FA zergs are twice the size of SoS ones. That just means they drop twice the amount of loot bags.

So far in EB…

TC zergs are too afraid to leave the huddle so much that hey let me stand next to them on the ground picking them off one by one. <3

Careful, DB used to say that, and they got spanked 3 weeks in a row. TC and FA have an old blood feud. Once it turns to you, you’ll wish we were fighting each other again.

Tarnished Coast – [TSF]
Unofficial Fruity Ezio

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Please do not look at one matches rating outcomes. Let it ride 2-3 matches and we will see if it all makes more sense.

This has been an epic match, SoS is facing very large well organised forces but we have found a solid core of people willing to fight. Thanks for the fun TC and FA!

I am still solo roamingwhere it suits me. IMHO, the enemy ranger with the panther pet, solo roaming SoS BL, is a great player!

Looking forward to the week, good hunting all.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in Match-ups

Coinin.2590

I will take a look at one match because it point’s out a big flaw. It can penalize server’s for winning and doing well against a tougher matchup, and reward those who can breeze through a match up without any competition.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

A TC guy did the same thing on TC BL. Walked right up to us outside bay in a golem, unprotected and hit #2. The best part is, we were attacking bay so i don’t know what he intended to do with the golem.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

You’d never tell from the forums but I’ve found that FA and TC to a slightly lesser degree, have conducted themselves well on the field, with bowing after good fights and such.

That being said, I wish you two would mix it up a little. I know we look like PPT hanging low on the vine, but I thought it was a little cheap that FA BL was pure green while Blue was upgrading keeps on our map.

Of course we would have never flipped TC’s garrison yesterday if you were so I guess you can carry on with your Plan A.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

You’d never tell from the forums but I’ve found that FA and TC to a slightly lesser degree, have conducted themselves well on the field, with bowing after good fights and such.

That being said, I wish you two would mix it up a little. I know we look like PPT hanging low on the vine, but I thought it was a little cheap that FA BL was pure green while Blue was upgrading keeps on our map.

Of course we would have never flipped TC’s garrison yesterday if you were so I guess you can carry on with your Plan A.

You know FA is green this week right? :P We have all their keeps, what else do you want? :p

Attachments:

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

(edited by Sunspots.9861)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Middzz.1490

Middzz.1490

So far in EB…

I suppose a selective memory function has its uses .

in Match-ups

elkirin.8534

I have zero issues with how TC and FA are playing, it has been a lot of fun. Play for rating, PPT or open field fun, it is your dollar!

See you on the battle field, I play all 8 professions and I am getting serious practice this week, thanks for bringing the fun.

(I still need 240K more Yak kills……. )

in Match-ups

Posted by: loweyz.6875

loweyz.6875

Since I couldn’t party, can someone from [LeeT] tell that human male thief that I’d like to try 1v1ing again?

thx mate, ill tell Divine Visionz your looking for him, im usually with him but if I see you ill hold back

Liquid Myzt, (Leet) thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I think this is confirming a lot of people’s original suspicions that SoS firmly belonged in T3, not T4.

GJ SoS. Had some great small-group fights with you in EBG today.

The biggest problem is that They’re gonna land in T3 at some point, having learned lots of T2 tactics and organization…and they’re gonna spank. xD

in Match-ups

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Some great fights here. Enjoying the match up this week.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Match-ups

Posted by: mikal.9502

mikal.9502

Its funny that reality and what is said on the forums are two different things. All the people from SOS saying this is fun where are you in the actual game? When was the last time that SOS EB was in outmanned status for the full Sunday (outside a few hours this morning)?

All this is doing is driving people away and if your response is good we don’t want those people anyway, enjoy the rest of the week fighting two tier 2 servers in outmanned status 24/7.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

^FA has played outmanned for months now.

The first thing you have to do is have fun. It may be tough at times, but find your small victories and relish them.

Second, don’t start blaming each other for your losses. Keep it upbeat.

Third, remember that this is a game, and the only reward to be had, is the fun that you have playing it.

Right now on FA, the dictators… err commanders… are getting all bent out of shape again (welcome back Joffrey), and there’s little fun to be had, and in times like these I build an arrow cart at our plumpest target, and wait for TC…..

…It’s never too long before they roll in with the Ol’ Loot Bag Express.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Match-ups

elkirin.8534

I think this is confirming a lot of people’s original suspicions that SoS firmly belonged in T3, not T4.

GJ SoS. Had some great small-group fights with you in EBG today.

The biggest problem is that They’re gonna land in T3 at some point, having learned lots of T2 tactics and organization…and they’re gonna spank. xD

I agree, as a server we have “relearned” much that we have not been using the last 5-6 weeks. Many SoS players have been here since the start and while a lot of WvWvW focussed guilds moved on, not ALL their members went with them.

Good luck TC and FA, you play well and I will watch with interest when you draw rating 1, 2,or 3 servers in the weekly draw.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

You know FA is green this week right? :P We have all their keeps, what else do you want? :p

yea i gave up on it

either it’s bugged or everyone thinks they’re a havoc squad vOv

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Enjoying this matchup, getting lots more open field which I enjoy. Remember a lot of us on SoS are Tier1 veterans just we are mostly militia now. I look at our zerg and see 20 different guilds and and look across the field and see a 30-40man enemy zerg all the same guild might stacking on a dime.

Very happy with how we are performing considering.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Its funny that reality and what is said on the forums are two different things. All the people from SOS saying this is fun where are you in the actual game? When was the last time that SOS EB was in outmanned status for the full Sunday (outside a few hours this morning)?

All this is doing is driving people away and if your response is good we don’t want those people anyway, enjoy the rest of the week fighting two tier 2 servers in outmanned status 24/7.

TC enters tier 2 for the first time, months ago. Meets BG and SoR. Holds one tower on four maps for the bulk of the match. This goes on for weeks. We didn’t give up. We stayed in Tier 2 (with a one week drop to Tier 3 but back the following week).

And we are still in Tier 2 because we didn’t give up, even though we got pummelled for weeks and weeks. BG started calling us the zombie coast because you’d knock down one of us and two more would come back to fight.

Most of the SOS posters in this thread remind me a bit of how we were then. Tough and not giving up. You should take a look at how things are going, because you’re definately holding more than one tower on four maps. Don’t defeat yourself before you even learn how great it feels to pull together against tough tough odds. Ask the SOS vets who knew what Tier 1 (and its tactics) was like.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I’m no stranger to outmanned during T1 days. Outmanned makes it fun when you outmaneuver your opponent and beat them with less numbers.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

/SoS#1

Lol, give it time mate. A lot of the commanders in this server have never had to command while losing. Some will never learn but the majority just need time to change their mindsets.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

TC enters tier 2 for the first time, months ago. Meets BG and SoR. Holds one tower on four maps for the bulk of the match. This goes on for weeks. We didn’t give up. We stayed in Tier 2 (with a one week drop to Tier 3 but back the following week).

And we are still in Tier 2 because we didn’t give up, even though we got pummelled for weeks and weeks. BG started calling us the zombie coast because you’d knock down one of us and two more would come back to fight.

Most of the SOS posters in this thread remind me a bit of how we were then. Tough and not giving up. You should take a look at how things are going, because you’re definately holding more than one tower on four maps. Don’t defeat yourself before you even learn how great it feels to pull together against tough tough odds. Ask the SOS vets who knew what Tier 1 (and its tactics) was like.

Well said.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lbcommander.2197

Lbcommander.2197

That Son-of-a-kitten lasted a good 6 seconds in that 80 man FA zerg.

SoSBL right outside Vale.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Aylaine.1036

thx mate, ill tell Divine Visionz your looking for him, im usually with him but if I see you ill hold back

Liquid Myzt, (Leet) thief

Thank you. I will try to shoot him a mail.

Were you the human female thief with the face mask that I seen today?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shoiba.2980

Shoiba.2980

One thing that I noticed from SoS, outmanned or not they don’t give up. They keep coming back even if they got wiped. So kudos guys you are really doing good against 2 T2 servers.
/salute

Value has a value only if its value is valued.
~~Fake Russian Full of Lies~~