9/11 Blacktide vs Desolation vs Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I’v been on des server since the three day head start.

Now i’m only a one man band,but i play many hours during the day and night in wvw.
This is just my opinion but i’m close to the truth.

I’m sick and tyred of ruin and iron trying to get all the glory,in eb i did not see one iron guild in eb anyway,maybe they don’t do eb,i and many other smaller guilds have put sweat and blood in playing eb.

Yes i do agree ruin had it easy,but also lacked a lot of stuff as well,to me they seems like they was farming rather than tactics most of the time.
(example what happened in sm,hanging at the top let vs take it and charge down to take it back,rinse and repeat.)
No one on our server had any food buffs at all or defend the garrisons.
That alone shows we are not rdy for t1.
Just look at bt they all had food buffs.Also they held a few back to defend.
This is what we are lacking.

We take a garrison then run off to another or a supply area,then come back to take it back again.
this seemed to happen a lot,not once did anyone stay behind to defend it.
Now i know it’s not all down to ruin to do that,but if they was leading the groups.it is down to there commander to sort it.there was no defence in most of there tactics tbh.
I’m not trying to bring them down far from it,all i’m saying it there a lot of stuff lacking.
it got that boring on the night.even i use an alt and got it lvled quite far.

Now they got some competition,it seems like the excuses are coming out.

Hopefully we do go back down in ranks,because maybe the big mouths that have brought our server down and gave us bad rep.will move to other servers so they put up with them and get to know what it feels like.
not all des players are like them.
We was a good server,but now we have so much bad rep and hate because of this.

Just watch out bt,i hope you don’t get these type of ppl when you hit the n1 spot.
It’s going to take a long time to fix the dmg this server has got because of them.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in WvW

Posted by: Excession.2198

Excession.2198

OK to set the record straight RUIN is not going anywhere. Most of us have been running non stop for the last 3 weeks putting in 12-18 hour days. The majority decided to take the weekend off and relax.
There was no discussion about moving servers, RUIN is staying on Desolation.

Who have you been fighting in those 12-18 hours? The only real challenge was the first week you got into T1. Before that you had no opposition.
VS have been putting in alot of hours to stay in T1 almost since launch yet they continue to fight week in week out. Man up.

First, why are you even posting in this thread? it has absolutely nothing to do with you, considering you are not on any of the servers involved.

Second, you obviously know nothing about Ruin, and how its members play, because if you did, you would know that a lot of the Ruin members have been playing through Desolations off peak hours, staying on and playing through Desolations worst time period in the mornings, and staying on into the afternoon, then logging off for a couple of hours sleep, then doing it all over again.

Now, in case you still dont get it, I will make it real simple for you.

A lot of Ruins members have logged on at around 6pm GMT, played through the night, still been in WvW playing at 7am GMT the next morning, logging off around 1pm GMT that afternoon to get some sleep, then logging back in around 6pm GMT the same evening to do it all over again, and they have done that for two weeks, so yes, some people are taking a break.

But feel free to carry on talking crap about Ruin, it just makes us laugh.

Ruin, so good at what we do, even servers we are not currently matched against have nothing better to do than talk crap about us.

Political Correctness is Tyranny with manners

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

@Thread
Probs to VS honestly. You guys are still T1 being a FR server after so long without a russian/american community (that i know off), so congratulations!

@Desolation
I think i did warn you guys about RUIN coming to your server, back when you guys were fighting us at T3. It was bound to happen and you guys were warned.

A couple of points here:

• Putting in “lots of hours” can only work for one week, maybe 2. Vizunah is still here because it has a stable night population which is higher than everyone else except Desolation (if Ruin stays) and now Blacktide. It doesn’t matter how dedicated you are, sooner or later you’re going to need to sleep.
  • Even assuming the worse happens and every single player belonging to Ruin transfers away and/or stops playing, what were the rest of Desolation players supposed to do once “warned”? Treat them like lepers?

I still think the only way of having a stable bracket with balanced matchups is to setup (minimum) 3 servers with full, proper 24/7 coverage. Anything else and we will permanently be looking at a numbers’ race. Ruin move was smart and they should be followed by more NA guilds; essentially the dedicated WvW ones now playing on low-bracket servers, should transfer on the 2-3 top EU servers to help us achieve the balanced state. For them transferring to the T1 NA ones is unpalatable due to server crowding and long queues, here they would give a massive boost to the top servers while being able to play with no queue. It’s a win-win situation and the sooner people realize it, the better we’re going to have some interesting matchups which are balanced throughout the whole week and actually decided by skills instead of whoever has more people online during the week.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

I’m sick and tyred of ruin and iron trying to get all the glory,in eb i did not see one iron guild in eb anyway,maybe they don’t do eb,i and many other smaller guilds have put sweat and blood in playing eb.

Iron has never played on EB in these last weeks. The Iron players you see in EB are usually staying there while waiting out the queue to the designated Iron borderland (Iron main force plays during EU prime time so yes, they usually meet queues).

Just open the WvW map during 21:00-01:00 GMT, check the borderland map with the biggest Deso presence, that’s where Iron is.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Basically, it was understood that last week was rather easy for you guys with the French taking a break.
It was also understood that this week, Blacktide would come in.
You have been telling Blacktide for weeks you look forward to fighting us.
We appear, nobody is there.

Why didnt you use last week to take it easier? From what it sounds like, you didnt need to pull the long hours then…
It’s what plenty of us did last week, to get ready for this week.
To get then, this response is rather… yeah.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunshow.3485

Gunshow.3485

Basically, it was understood that last week was rather easy for you guys with the French taking a break.
It was also understood that this week, Blacktide would come in.
You have been telling Blacktide for weeks you look forward to fighting us.
We appear, nobody is there.

Why didnt you use last week to take it easier? From what it sounds like, you didnt need to pull the long hours then…
It’s what plenty of us did last week, to get ready for this week.
To get then, this response is rather… yeah.

What I think a lot of people don’t realize is that it hasn’t only been the last few weeks that we’ve been putting in crazy hours. RUIN brought a US server to tier one multiple times. We fought Henge in the height of their domination and did everything we could to fend off their 24hr coverage.

We moved to the Euro bracket because we were hoping we’d have others to share the burden with us. No disrespect to the IRON crew and a few other Deso guilds that can put together maybe 20 people at any given time, but we carried Deso all the way to the top.

Last weeks tier 1 victory kind of made everyone that has been putting in crazy hours for MONTHS take a step back and exhale. I speak for myself when I say that I’m burnt out and wanted to take a break from playing from 3pm to 7am my time. To rebut what every Frenchman loves to write on the boards, our “PvD” only existed for about a 2-3 hour window.

I’m proud of what our guild accomplished. Honestly I feel bad for BT. You guys are good and deserve a better fight than you’re getting this week.

Vagodin <RUIN> – Desolation
Asuran Mesmer/Guardian/Thief

in WvW

Genev.2450

Current scores

Total:
Blacktide: 113 926
Vizunah Square: 57 466
Desolation: 53 553

Points Per Tick:
Blacktide: 305
Vizunah Square: 270 (owns Stonemist)
Desolation: 120

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrion.6508

Tyrion.6508

As a RUIN member, I will not speak for the whole guild, but I would like to say that I welcome the challenge. It seemed like everywhere I turned we ran into a Blacktide zerg, which shows organization, numbers, and skill on the part of their whole server and I salute them for that.

We did not move servers for an easy win. We moved servers to try and work with other great guilds to prevent night capping from undoing all of our gains during the day. What we have going on right now is a great matchup with 3 servers that care about WvW and even if we are getting shellacked, I’m going to take a few of you with me

in WvW

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

as I have say before this match start BT have a morning team that no one have, this team let them start with huge advantage primetime, and they have now a nice primetime (some bandwagon and some strong guilds)…actually no one can beat BT, even 1000 NA guilds.
Even SFR that beat Xaoc few weeks ago now don’t have a single chance against BT.
for that T1 matchs are totally unfair, and very boring…and as I said T2 is far far intresting than T1.
as a german guys says before no one really want to go in T1…no one want to start his primetime from spawning camp.

sUk Clan

in WvW

Posted by: Triffek.9268

Triffek.9268

Desolation if you want to be second in this match, start to focus VS on Eternal. We atacking them from Durios and you atacking us on Anzalia. Your behaviour is incomprehensible for me

in WvW

Posted by: Slashpaf.9250

Slashpaf.9250

This night, was a hell of a night, running after BT on borderlands to defend Deso Bay, then Vizu Garrison, 3 times in a row. That ended by the lost of both of these keeps, but I enjoyed these fights very much.
Vizu has a very dedicated night player base, with good leads, and good discipline. We just need 1 strong guild with 20 people to be really competitive at night versus BT.

Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Fireraze.3127

Fireraze.3127

Hi guys,
I am glad that we are fighting with you again. I watched with interest the struggle between your servers for second place. Before our commanders is a tough choice for any of you to attack first. We understand that by attacking any of you can change the outcome of the match. I would be happy if a decisive battle between you will be on Friday.
Sincerely, GM Nugos.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Desolation if you want to be second in this match, start to focus VS on Eternal. We atacking them from Durios and you atacking us on Anzalia. Your behaviour is incomprehensible for me

Desolation doesn’t settle for second place.
Or at the very least, I don’t. I won’t speak for others.

in WvW

Posted by: Tzun.6073

Tzun.6073

Desolation doesn’t settle for second place.
Or at the very least, I don’t. I won’t speak for others.

Is it better to settle for third? Because that’s what going to happen if we don’t get out sh…t together.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunshow.3485

Gunshow.3485

DS is largely pugs atm, I’m sorry to say =/

Vagodin <RUIN> – Desolation
Asuran Mesmer/Guardian/Thief

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Is it better to settle for third? Because that’s what going to happen if we don’t get out sh…t together.

Strategically speaking, given the situation right now, it makes exactly zero sense for both Vizunah and Desolation to kill each other. If we were on Vulcan instead of Earth, you’d see both servers engaged in a total 2 vs 1 against BT to try and reduce them to sub-100 points per tick every time it’s realistically possible. The only moment when it starts making sense attacking each other is once you have mathematical certainty that even a perfect 2 vs 1 is not going to change the final result of the matchup.

Of course I fully realize that this is indeed Earth, and that people reach decisions mostly by emotional means rather than rational; that however doesn’t mean I have to commit the same mistake :P

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I’v been on des server since the three day head start.

Now i’m only a one man band,but i play many hours during the day and night in wvw.
This is just my opinion but i’m close to the truth.

Yes i do agree ruin had it easy,but also lacked a lot of stuff as well,to me they seems like they was farming rather than tactics most of the time.
(example what happened in sm,hanging at the top let vs take it and charge down to take it back,rinse and repeat.)
No one on our server had any food buffs at all or defend the garrisons.
That alone shows we are not rdy for t1.
Just look at bt they all had food buffs.Also they held a few back to defend.
This is what we are lacking.

We take a garrison then run off to another or a supply area,then come back to take it back again.
this seemed to happen a lot,not once did anyone stay behind to defend it.
Now i know it’s not all down to ruin to do that,but if they was leading the groups.it is down to there commander to sort it.there was no defence in most of there tactics tbh.
I’m not trying to bring them down far from it,all i’m saying it there a lot of stuff lacking.
it got that boring on the night.even i use an alt and got it lvled quite far.

Now they got some competition,it seems like the excuses are coming out.

Hopefully we do go back down in ranks,because maybe the big mouths that have brought our server down and gave us bad rep.will move to other servers so they put up with them and get to know what it feels like.
not all des players are like them.
We was a good server,but now we have so much bad rep and hate because of this.

Just watch out bt,i hope you don’t get these type of ppl when you hit the n1 spot.
It’s going to take a long time to fix the dmg this server has got because of them.

I just want to point out that you’re right. IRON don’t go in EB, from what I can tell it was sorted very early that IRON will take the BL and RUIN EB.

IRON put in a kitten hard shift every night to try and keep some semblance of dignity for our server.

They can always be found with at least one commander on, trying to rally the PUGs.

The unfortunate thing, and the thing that differentiates us from the other servers is our PUGs are horribly disorganised while both the other two servers have PUGs that listen and help out.

Ours just sort of do their own thing.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Tzun.6073

Tzun.6073

Strategically speaking, given the situation right now, it makes exactly zero sense for both Vizunah and Desolation to kill each other. If we were on Vulcan instead of Earth, you’d see both servers engaged in a total 2 vs 1 against BT to try and reduce them to sub-100 points per tick every time it’s realistically possible. The only moment when it starts making sense attacking each other is once you have mathematical certainty that even a perfect 2 vs 1 is not going to change the final result of the matchup.

Of course I fully realize that this is indeed Earth, and that people reach decisions mostly by emotional means rather than rational; that however doesn’t mean I have to commit the same mistake :P

Except for the fact that, if the 2v1 isn’t viable, attacking Blacktide when our objective should be VS is stupid, not only does that gets us nowhere, but it gets us on a battle on two fronts, that may happen otherwise but it looks as though we are looking for it.

VS has got to be our objective, we need to surpass them, otherwise say Hello to Tier 2 and most likely even lower Tiers, because people will jump ship, I assure you that.

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

That’s exactly why Desolation doesn’t belong to T1. You do not have enough tactic sense. So as a Ruin member said on this very page, “you got carried to T1”.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Slashpaf.9250

Hopefully you’re not a stratege in your guild.

Vizu wants Deso and his US mercenaries with too big mouthes to be kicked out of this Tier, and the more humiliated they are, the best we feel.

If RUIN has shown us the minimum respect we (the only T1 serv since the beginning) deserved, maybe we would have considered this match differently. But this is not the case, so you’ll learn to be less arrogant next time you’ll fight with the bests.

And even if we didn’t dislike Deso for that, we’ve always made the same choice to stay in T1. Harass the weakest, don’t let him any chance to gain any points as often as possible. Because a 4k points gap can be filled very fast, and we don’t want to take any risk of being 3rd.

I just want to point out that you’re right. IRON don’t go in EB, from what I can tell it was sorted very early that IRON will take the BL and RUIN EB.

IRON put in a kitten hard shift every night to try and keep some semblance of dignity for our server.

They can always be found with at least one commander on, trying to rally the PUGs.

The unfortunate thing, and the thing that differentiates us from the other servers is our PUGs are horribly disorganised while both the other two servers have PUGs that listen and help out.

This is another effect of being arrogant and saying : “without us, this server would be nothing.”
On vizunah we don’t have any zerg guild. We don’t have a guild with more than 10 people on EB. We only have an alliance of 15 little guildes (and a lot more of tiny guilds without any links between them), and every leader of this alliance is humble, threat pug with a lot of respect, and that’s why we have quality pugs, because they know that if we win, it’s because of them mostly. Because they listen, because they take initiatives, because they scout, because they fight for each other until they fall asleep on their keyboard, they are the best.
This is why Vizunah deserves to be on T1, because we are the most involved players you’ll see on this game.

Vizunah Square

(edited by Slashpaf.9250)

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

VS has got to be our objective, we need to surpass them, otherwise say Hello to Tier 2 and most likely even lower Tiers, because people will jump ship, I assure you that.

First of all, your rating also depends on the amount of points you’re scoring, not just the position in the matchup, so you should also always aim to maximize your point income.

Second: let’s say we drop in T2.
And? Where’s the problem in that?

We already went all the way down to T3. If it happens again, it’s not a big issue.

You (and the other strategical genius posting immediately after you) are also assuming that you can somehow stay in an upper tier than your coverage could ever guarantee by choosing a tactic over another. In case both of you haven’t noticed yet, final score is a direct function of the number of man hours a server is pouring into WvW.
Numbers >>>>>>>> tactics with this system, so even on the off chance you could actually play in such a way as to keep your server in T1 when its population cannot sustain it, it would work for one week, two at the very best. Long term, it’s unsustainable to keep fighting with servers which massively outnumber you 12-18 hours every day.

You want to keep Desolation in T1? Start asking your NA/Oceanic/Asian friends to transfer en masse on Desolation. This will impact our chances to permanently stay in T1 ten thousands times more than focusing Vizunah for a few days.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

OK to set the record straight RUIN is not going anywhere. Most of us have been running non stop for the last 3 weeks putting in 12-18 hour days. The majority decided to take the weekend off and relax.
There was no discussion about moving servers, RUIN is staying on Desolation.

Who have you been fighting in those 12-18 hours? The only real challenge was the first week you got into T1. Before that you had no opposition.
VS have been putting in alot of hours to stay in T1 almost since launch yet they continue to fight week in week out. Man up.

First, why are you even posting in this thread? it has absolutely nothing to do with you, considering you are not on any of the servers involved.

Second, you obviously know nothing about Ruin, and how its members play, because if you did, you would know that a lot of the Ruin members have been playing through Desolations off peak hours, staying on and playing through Desolations worst time period in the mornings, and staying on into the afternoon, then logging off for a couple of hours sleep, then doing it all over again.

Now, in case you still dont get it, I will make it real simple for you.

A lot of Ruins members have logged on at around 6pm GMT, played through the night, still been in WvW playing at 7am GMT the next morning, logging off around 1pm GMT that afternoon to get some sleep, then logging back in around 6pm GMT the same evening to do it all over again, and they have done that for two weeks, so yes, some people are taking a break.

But feel free to carry on talking crap about Ruin, it just makes us laugh.

Ruin, so good at what we do, even servers we are not currently matched against have nothing better to do than talk crap about us.

T3 and T2 you had no opposition so i doubt you put 12-18hrs in. T1 against the french ye sure i can see you doing 12-18hrs, but that was one week. The week after, from my understanding, the french had a mini break which ment it would have been easier for you to spread your coverage. If you were still putting in 12-18 hrs to beat the french while they were on a ‘break’ then your not as good as you make yourself s out to be. Also you guys more then anyone wanted BT in T1, now that they are here you take a break…..

Desolation had a good reputation and was respected in the EU bracket. Servers were still cheering for Deso even when they were falling (like FSP are now). You guys come along and have destroyed that. Saying you carried a server etc. Thanks to you its going to take along time for Deso to get back to where it was and that’s the real shame.

Oh and you or anyone else cant tell me where i can and cannot post.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

XxTAFxX.6741

It’s not the pugs,it’s the commanders.
if they don’t do there job right and just run back and forth capping stuff,then the pugs will follow there ways.

Also i would like to say sorry to vs for not putting there name in this part of the msg i put.

“Just look at bt they all had food buffs.Also they held a few back to defend.
This is what we are lacking.”
even vs tried to defended the stuff they just capped.

It’s just annoys me how ruin gets all the lime light and makes out they carried us,when there was prob more pugs and small guilds in eb than them.
In the end some smaller guilds did moved over to there guild,but still it’s not all about ruin and there farming ways.
It’s about team play and that seems lacking in the bigger guilds eyes.

its like it’s all about them and pugs means nothing even thought we have put in the hard work as well.
oh well i guess i will step down in wvw for now,why should i bother wasting my hard earned cash on upgrades and armours fixes,when us small ppl mean nothing to the bigger fish.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

You (and the other strategical genius posting immediately after you)

Strategical geniuses are staying in T1 since week 1. What did you do ?
You are making a fool of yourself with such a poor speech.

Lack of numbers on Desolation prime time ?
Tired of last week ?

Ain’t getting better than that.
Cheers.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

Tired of last week ?

Cheers.

Maybe but I don’t feel the overriding need of insulting others.
Also, I just explained how staying in T1 is a function of numbers, not tactics. So try again, you might find an actual point.

in WvW

Slashpaf.9250

Tired of last week ?

Cheers.

Maybe but I don’t feel the overriding need of insulting others.
Also, I just explained how staying in T1 is a function of numbers, not tactics. So try again, you might find an actual point.

No, believe me, I’m in T1 since the beginning, and you’re not
It’s not only about numbers, it’s about doing the right things, using your forces the best you can to earn some points here and there, even when you’re outnumbered.

If you think that the number does everything, you’ve already lost, because you’re giving up before fighting.
French people are supposed to raise the white flag, not you.

Vizunah Square

(edited by Slashpaf.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

if they don’t do there job right and just run back and forth capping stuff,then the pugs will follow there ways.

Also i would like to say sorry to vs for not putting there name in this part of the msg i put.

It’s just annoys me how ruin gets all the lime light and makes out they carried us,when there was more pugs and small guilds in eb than them.
In the end some smaller guilds moved over to there guild,but still it’s not all about ruin.

its like it’s all about them and pugs means nothing even thought we have put in the hard work as well.
oh well i guess i will step down in wvw for now,why should i bother wasting my hard earned cash on upgrades and armours fixes,when us small ppl mean nothing to the bigger fish.

I don’t know about RUIN, I’ve never entered their TS or been in EB beyond getting the map completion.

But I can tell you the IRON commanders do a kitten hard job in trying to defend points and communicating. They leave scouts at every fortification we hold and often at strategic points along the routes as well.

The thing is, they do most of this over TS (details for which they hand out regularly in map chat). The best way for us to be organised is to make use of TS, and there are a number of guilds that help out in the borderlands.

We’re not the unorganised mess people assume. We’ve got a highly dedicated and very organised core. We just can’t get the pug’s to help out.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

No, believe me, I’m in T1 since the beginning, and you’re not
It’s not only about numbers, it’s about doing the right things, using your forces the best you can to earn some points here and there, even when you’re outnumbered.

• If this is true, why complaining that Ruin brought bigger numbers?
  • How often since the start of one week matches has Vizunah actually been outnumbered?
  • Do you honestly think if there were, say, 3 servers like Blacktide currently is, you could still use some tactic to stay in T1? If yes, for how long could you sustain it?

Superior tactics may help you even the odds in case of a VERY SMALL population/coverage difference. Everything above that is a lost cause.

Also, people clearly have a poor understanding of how the rating system is working. You have two matches going, one against each of the other servers. The rating differential depends on the scoring differential, not on who comes 1st, 2nd or 3rd. If you win or lose to another server by a small amount, your rating will go up/down by a small amount, as the system (correctly) assumes the two servers are more or less equivalent. Big changes in rating only happen due to big differences in scoring. If you put all your efforts to overcome server A by a small margin, and lose by a huge margin to server B as a result, your rating will end up being worse for it.
If you’re worried about your rating, the only rational approach is trying to maximize your final score in the matchup, irrelevant of whichever server you must attack to achieve it.

(edited by MagnusLL.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Osefmarcher.1072

Osefmarcher.1072

If you can’t get the pug to help out, it means you have bad commanders.

in WvW

XxTAFxX.6741

It’s just annoys me how ruin gets all the lime light and makes out they carried us,when there was more pugs and small guilds in eb than them.
In the end some smaller guilds moved over to there guild,but still it’s not all about ruin.

I don’t know about RUIN, I’ve never entered their TS or been in EB beyond getting the map completion.

But I can tell you the IRON commanders do a kitten hard job in trying to defend points and communicating. They leave scouts at every fortification we hold and often at strategic points along the routes as well.

The thing is, they do most of this over TS (details for which they hand out regularly in map chat). The best way for us to be organised is to make use of TS, and there are a number of guilds that help out in the borderlands.

We’re not the unorganised mess people assume. We’ve got a highly dedicated and very organised core. We just can’t get the pug’s to help out.

The point i was making was not against iron as iron don’t do eb remember.

in WvW

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

One of the most prevalent impressions I’ve gotten from playing on Deso – and no offence meant, just relaying what I hear other people mostly say – is that there’s a huge incongruency between “the big fish” and “the pugs”. The big fish wants it ‘their way or the highway’, which leaves the pugs (most often actually just smaller guilds) to either conform to this or go about and ‘do their own thing’. The majority choose the latter.

There’s definitely advantages to all being on the same TS and following the directions of a select few. However, it’s not working and likely never will due to diversity in goals, abilities and even guilds, which currently leads to a widening gap between the ‘hardcore’ and the ‘casual’. If Desolation is to work coherently and competitively, the ‘big fish’ need to facilitate communication with the ‘smaller fish’ – on the smaller fish’s terms.

If a small guild joins WvW with 10 people, it would be far more conductive to the war effort if contact between them and the commander was established, and they were encouraged to do ‘their own thing’ – for instance raiding supply camps. As it is right now, people are constantly reminded to join X big guild’s TS and follow a CAPS-LOCK-SPAMMING leader whom they may never have met. On top of that, they are sometimes encouraged to send donations to certain commanders ‘for the war effort’ – an abstract and off-putting concept for rookies whose goals may be far more diverse than ‘just’ WvW and whose gold reserves are scarce. This would have worked far better in DAoC where you could gain access to Darkness Falls, but the bonuses garnered for the realm from WvW hardly make compelling reasons for strangers to send their hard-earned gold to a person they may or may not see again.

More than anything, Desolation needs to bridge the gap between the hardcore and the casual community. And as unfair as it may seem to the hardcore, they’re the ones who can facilitate such cohesion.

Edit: This is not a rant or critique at any guild or any person on Desolation, so don’t perceive it as such.

(edited by Nimraphel.7819)

in WvW

Posted by: Bond.4813

Bond.4813

Just few posts back you were whining how iron doesnt do eb. Its obvious you are one of those fairweather pvpers else you would know we never do bl. Iron covers ONE bl and thats it. And due to recent internal events we took a hit in performance which we are repairing as we speak.
Ruin did carry deso to t1. Along with several other guilds that were pulling allnighters. Even with ruin we were often outmanned at night while you and rest of fairweather players were sleeping just to wake up and flame ruin for hard work of getting your lazy kitten to t1. Without ruin deso would NEVER reach t1 with player base it has atm.
Due to ungratefull kittens like you i asked for iron to switch servers but was denied unfortunatly. Instead of beeing a parasitic entity how bout you log in and go upgrade a keep along with all siege? And while you are at it do a nightshift. We seriously lack night/morning presence.

in WvW

Posted by: murtas.2417

murtas.2417

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Blacktide/first#post660326

Well, it sure was easy to predict Blacktide victory, the only ones who didnt fight them and know that they filled their weaknesses couldnt.

Even blacktide leaders themselves didnt want to claim the 1st spot, maybe to confuse enemy who knows.

But Desolation giving up after weekend is pretty unexpected. RUIN was calling for good-fights and no give up attitude that werent happening on US bracket for so long, then when they get kicked they all go excuses.

You know what desolation could offer you, heck you picked them at T3 you knew they were free-falling for a reason, which they couldnt compete in EU timezone.
So why do you expect them to compete at that same timezone in T1, when they only got fair-weather guilds which are the first one’s to throw the towel when thing go wrong.

Glad that VS is ahead of them which is a huge surprise and if RUIN stops pulling their weight, Deso will get back in T3, where they belong.

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

More than anything, Desolation needs to bridge the gap between the hardcore and the casual community. And as unfair as it may seem to the hardcore, they’re the ones who can facilitate such cohesion.

The small groups only need ONE player on the big guild’s TS to start this. Believe me, the hardcore guilds would be ecstatic to hear someone log on TS and stating “hey guys I’m from guild XYZ with a small group of 10 people, do you have any suitable task for us?”

The 2 big problems are that A, most small groups want nothing to do with a guild’s TS for whatever reason, and this makes communication exponentially harder. B, not all “tasks” are created equal. Having a group of 10 reliable scouts on 10 different control points would be huge, but scouting is

• boring
  • totally unrewarding in terms of karma/gold/xp

so you’d actually need to find something interesting and rewarding to do for the small group which doesn’t want to follow the big zerg. But there’s only a limited amount of those available; it’s not like you can have 5 different groups of supply camp raiders.

in WvW

Posted by: Shin.2705

Shin.2705

Deso before RUIN took is break :

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15/7

Now that BT is here, RUIN take some rest :

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/15

Look at the Income Evolution…

I’m really wondering what happened last week… Any idea?

Oh somebody is whispering me something… You sayed what? PvD? Dunno what u talking about…

The fact is without the pvd nightcapping, the battle could have been more equal, fun and interesting…

And now that there is a strong server with good tactics and cooperation, and a nice 24/7 covering…There’s no more RUIN…

They took some vacations… Really?

As we say in France : “Je ne peux pas, demain j’ai piscine…”

PS:
- boring
- totally unrewarding in terms of karma/gold/xp

Vizu, actually is 80+% PUG… We just don’t care about karma/gold/xp… The only reward we focus on is fight to death, get some respect, show that we r still here, and win (when it’s possible :P)

(edited by Shin.2705)

in WvW

Posted by: kabO.1629

kabO.1629

Personal opinion from Vizu here:

First off, I am happy to see GF and NUG back in T1.

For those who don’t know, Far Shiverpeaks was with Vizu in T1 for a long time. And the hard fights, the good fights, the fights I remember were against GF and NUG.
The first real great Mesmer-TP use I saw came from GF and NUG.

Back then clipping was still a big issue, and one working TP could mean a wipe of your own zerg, so the scream MESMER on the TS made everyone panic.

GF and NUG are still giving us hard fights, and from the ingamechat I had with some of them, they 2 are happy to meat us Vizu again, and we interact on a mutual respectful but highly competetiv level.

You see their organisation, their dicipline, their leadership! Great Guilds!

To Deso:
I think you deserved last weeks win, your daycrew did a great job, [IRON] seemed to me from Vizu point of view to be the best organised guild, nice coordination, good dicipline, good gear, nice skill usage. One of the only guildtags we called out on our guild TS to make guildies aware to bring the A game.
[JuG] also, although much smaller showed great fights, I like guilds who jump in the enemy zerg while being outnumbered! Great fighting spirit.

in WvW

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

Early this morning Vizunah defended well. They had good communication and got to the keeps our morning crew were zerging and repelled us. I have great respect for this server against all odds they fight and organise to repell massive assaults. They are relentless. A massive accomplishment for a national server.

Regarding Desolation I too have great respect for this server. My guild played there during beta but it seemed like things there would become very unorganised with pugs joining the server just cause it was winning alot. [Iron] guild is a great guild, some really good and smart players there and they should continue to help lead Deso into the future. If desolation had more guilds like them it would be great.
I have very little good to say about [Ruin] they really shoot their mouths off against the french and give desolation a bad name. While in the same breath claim that they carried the server to tier 1. They insult their day time crew by saying this.

Lets not forget about all the small guilds in all these servers which actually do some of the most important work such as setting up siege and running for supply to kit out the keeps. the random people that agree to sit pressing 2 on a trebuchet (so boring yet does the work of 15+ men with flame rams)

in WvW

XxTAFxX.6741

Just few posts back you were whining how iron doesnt do eb. Its obvious you are one of those fairweather pvpers else you would know we never do bl. Iron covers ONE bl and thats it. And due to recent internal events we took a hit in performance which we are repairing as we speak.
Ruin did carry deso to t1. Along with several other guilds that were pulling allnighters. Even with ruin we were often outmanned at night while you and rest of fairweather players were sleeping just to wake up and flame ruin for hard work of getting your lazy kitten to t1. Without ruin deso would NEVER reach t1 with player base it has atm.
Due to ungratefull kittens like you i asked for iron to switch servers but was denied unfortunatly. Instead of beeing a parasitic entity how bout you log in and go upgrade a keep along with all siege? And while you are at it do a nightshift. We seriously lack night/morning presence.

You don’t even know how much i play wvw,and as for pve yes i play both but mostly wvw.from 12pm to 3-4am i play wvw MOST of the time so plz don’t insult me saying i’m lazy when i put in more hours and money than the adv pug person.

I see what’s going on in the day and night on eb,and tbh i would rather be in t3 than t1 known we worked hard to stay there rather than relie on the insults from some ruin players when there zerg goes bad.
as for iron yeah you don’t do eb so plz if you don’t do it you don’t see what’s going on.
like i don’t do the other bg so i don’t see whats going on there.

As for jumping ship even if you did it would not bother me i would still play wvw win or lose.
Also i was not insulting your guild just stating there not in eb so i’v never had the fortune to play with them.

Here you go a screen shot of the hours i have put in the game.
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3829/picrx.jpg
Most of them hours have been wvw.
I have a pve char and a wvw one both lvl 80 both very good geared.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in WvW

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

The small groups only need ONE player on the big guild’s TS to start this. Believe me, the hardcore guilds would be ecstatic to hear someone log on TS and stating “hey guys I’m from guild XYZ with a small group of 10 people, do you have any suitable task for us?”

The 2 big problems are that A, most small groups want nothing to do with a guild’s TS for whatever reason, and this makes communication exponentially harder. B, not all “tasks” are created equal. Having a group of 10 reliable scouts on 10 different control points would be huge, but scouting is

• boring
  • totally unrewarding in terms of karma/gold/xp

so you’d actually need to find something interesting and rewarding to do for the small group which doesn’t want to follow the big zerg. But there’s only a limited amount of those available; it’s not like you can have 5 different groups of supply camp raiders.

The last problem I can only agree with, and there’s not much to do in that regard; it is currently lacking rewards and thus enticement to random players who could otherwise fulfill such a duty.

However, to the former…

These people are random joe’s joining who may be sitting on their own TS with some friends. It’s not likely they’ll join a massive TS in which they cannot continue their own friendly conversation. They can, of course, have 2 VoIP’s open, but generally, people prefer to do things on their own terms. That includes hanging out with their friends in an environment of their choosing.

I am not saying you’re wrong or that it wouldn’t be better if it was the way you described. I think we can all agree that would be the ideal scenario. However, we got to work with what we got, and currently we need some way to organize ‘the masses’ since the aforementioned scenario isn’t accomplishing the job.

Desolation is potentially very strong with a very solid playerbase. However, people currently seem to feel (it is hard to make conclusive statements like this, but you get the idea) that in order to contribute, they have to make further commitments other than simply ‘showing up’, be it in form of donations, joining a stranger’s TS full of people they don’t know or following commanders whose primary competence is massive zergs. Failure to follow this commander’s zerg leaves… nothing. They’re left to fend for themselves. Again, I am loathe to generalize because there are alot of good commanders, but sometimes ‘the commander’ (general term) need to detach himself from the obviously profitable zerg and tend to the details as well.

Again, I am not criticizing people’s practices per se. I think it’s important to have a constructive discussion about how the current situation can be alleviated to the benefit of all, hardcore and casual alike. Current practices are obviously not working, so we have to try something new that can generate long-lasting interest and fun for a broader segment of people. This is especially evident after ‘the night zerg’ disappeared overnight and there’s no longer easy rewards to reap; people joined for easy rewards as opposed to commitment to the server’s succes. Our key to succes is to generate this lasting commitment.

(edited by Nimraphel.7819)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

The weeks leading upto this have put quite a strain on Desolation. IRON had its own internal issues that have hurt its performance for this week. And RUIN seems a bit burned out and taking it easy.

so sorry BT, i know you guys fought your way through the ranks to get a good fight, and we’re not putting up the same fight we did last week or the week before. The WvW crowd is drained and the pugs flown in to claim their own piece of glory. Some of them do really well, some not so much…

Whatever the outcome may be, looks like we’re all comdemned to spend atleast another week together. Hopefully next week we’ll be able to make you really sweat for your points.

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

@XxTAFxX.6741
would be interesting to know how many of those hours of yours are spent doing the mundane jobs that individuals in guilds like iron do i.e sitting in a tower reporting on movement running endless supplies back and forth etc .Things that don`t earn you any badges or karma .

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

(edited by spanky.4630)

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

But Desolation giving up after weekend is pretty unexpected.

Not all of Deso has given up

My guild is tiny, but we do try.

But as a member of the server I am sad to see it all go to kitteno quickly.

But I’d like to say to the Blacktide players that we have fought since Friday night, thank you.

The last few days of getting good fights has been better than the last 2 weeks against the french servers.

Hopefully you can hold #1 for a good while.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

XxTAFxX.6741

@XxTAFxX.6741
would be interesting to know how many of those hours of yours are spent doing the mundane jobs that individuals in guilds like iron do i.e sitting in a tower reporting on movement running endless supplies back and forth etc .Things that don`t earn you any badges or karma .

You will be surprised i do a lot.
i’m not into mindless zerging tbh.

I tell say ruin 30+ incoming to xx.
or i defend the supplys if i can,or do the supply runs.
If i want karma i’ll do the pve chain quest runs like phlinx.
I do a lot on my own,as many are mostly following the commanders for the easy caps.
but there is only so much i can do tbh.

but it’s not about me,what i’m saying is there are still ppl that are not in ruin guild ect ect that do a lot,but yet always gets belittle and made out we do nothing.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in WvW

Posted by: BobbybigBalls.3196

BobbybigBalls.3196

2 teams attacking 2 different towers at the same time… it happens
3 trebs from sm hitting 1 tower while 2 hit the other.. yeah sure that happens also
BT take our tower and the 3 VS trebs stop attacking…. does this happen????

Badges Baby 80 Gnome hunter
Ravenmore 80 Giant paladin

in WvW

MagnusLL.8473

2 teams attacking 2 different towers at the same time… it happens
3 trebs from sm hitting 1 tower while 2 hit the other.. yeah sure that happens also
BT take our tower and the 3 VS trebs stop attacking…. does this happen????

Vizunah is focusing us, they admitted as much in this very thread. They think they will save their T1 position while not realizing they are hurting their own rating. It’s a legitimate, if misguided, tactic, so it’s of no use complaining about it.

Nothing either VS or Deso can do is going to significantly change things anyway in this week’s matchup. BT is the one in charge and will keep being it until some other server comes with equal or better coverage (or until BT loses a significant part of its current WvW population).

in WvW

Genev.2450

Or until VS stops focusing on you and you guys shape up and it turns into a proper game

in WvW

BobbybigBalls.3196

Or until VS stops focusing on you and you guys shape up and it turns into a proper game

No please keep attacking us the loot is awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Daiva.2394

Daiva.2394

Great fun in BT borderlands today. Unfortunately, CIR seemed to be the only organized group there, so when both Deso and VS started pushing we decided to defend against the french, holding off many relentless attacks, but as a result Deso crept up on the west side. When we managed to catch a break against the french (or so we thought) we went to deal with them, only to be too late to get back to the hills.

Now, I have to take a break, but I hope the fights are as good when I get back. And on a side note: good to see some IRON again, as we sadly have seemed to deploy in different borderlands before. You still put up good fights.

PS. I think you’ve got some paranoid people on deso.

[CIR] — Blacktide
Dai Va — Necromancer
Dae Va — Elementalist

in WvW

BobbybigBalls.3196

BTW the guy that runs the Bot program on blacktide, your treb was missing for 90 mins last night.

in WvW

Posted by: damonsmithies.8236

damonsmithies.8236

I came on this thread with the hope that a more mature approach would be taken, with regards to battle reports and discussion about the going ons in our matchup etc.

So far less than 10% of the thread has been about the matchup. 50% is kittening about ruin, 30% general kittening and 10% whining about bugs.

Utterly disappointed doesn’t even come close.

To the people replying appropriately: Thank you, thanks to everyone involved in the matchup and I hope other servers step up rather than throwing their toys out of the pram at the first sign of loss. I am here for the battles, not for the drama or glory of winning.

[DkR] Dark Reavers – Blacktide
Jellyfist — Ranger
Jellywar — Warrior

(edited by damonsmithies.8236)