9/11 Blacktide vs Desolation vs Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Glor.2485

Glor.2485

Actually, you have 100% chance to still be in T1 next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Desolation will still be in tier 1 next week unfortunately. Tier 1 eu is pretty much locked dead now, no point in playing there.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

There is a 100 point difference between bottom T1 and top T2 atm. You’re stuck with us for another week :P

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Noo i thought we might have dropped down tbh.
arh well some good fights ahead,and some grudge ones as well then.

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

If you don’t get crused next week deso, you will stay another week in T1 again xD

- Arborstone lost too many people and we have got the outmanned buff way too often now. We almost never have any queue, no matter what time of the day/night, even during prime time.
- Elona is still organised, but too boring to play against, because they only fight in their fortress, or to rush one with 6+ rams. They could easily get in T1 if they tried, but it seem like they aren’t doing their best to avoid that …
- Baruch Bay only play between 10pm and 5am, the rest of the day, most of the time they only hold their ground on EB, with the outmanned buff on all the others borderland. They have got the worst gameplay (individually and in group, without anything close of an organisation) of the all the server we fought against (AS started from the bottom of the ladder, since it was added later, so we have seen most of them), but if you try to check the part of the spanish speaking forum, it’s kinda dead, nobody’s there.

With that setup, you’r (Deso) going to enjoy the T1 untill Baruch bay manage to get there, or Arborstone, but it doesn’t seem like we will make it, or if elona really want to go in T1.
I don’t think the servers on T3 and T4 could make it to T1, if they manage to get in T2.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in WvW

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

The difference is Archaos, those guilds consulted with the current guilds on the server, and were wanted……..

Plus the other server transferes also helped BT climb to Tier 1, they didnt just jump there after the work was done.

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

What RUIN did is indeed very sad, but most guilds on Blacktide have no reason to complain considering they left Far Shiverspeaks for roughly the same reasons.

Pot meet kettle.

The majority of the guilds on Blacktide are recent transfers. Only XAOC and a few other “hardcore” wvw guilds were on Blacktide when we fought and beat them a few weeks ago. The Blacktide project of bringing together more guilds to increase time zone coverage was clearly successful and those who orchestrated it deserve credit.

Ruin being on Blacktide is irrelevant. Ruin is moving to Planetside 2. Desolation would have had to cope with our departure regardless of the outcome of this match. Throwing a fit about it doesn’t change those facts.

As I wrote previously the small contingent of Ruin remaining in GW2 chose to continue fighting in tier 1 on Blacktide as it seems to be the most viable international server. The very same reasons that guilds from Far Shiverpeaks and other EU servers have joined Blacktide in the last two – three weeks.

Except they were asked over and accepted the invite.

You asked to go and were told no, and have gone anyway.

They’re two COMPLETELY different situations.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Zepolak.2095

Zepolak.2095

Anyway, having the heads of RUIN moving out of GW2 looks like the best piece news for a lot of people out there.
Let’s summarize it : unwanted in the NA ladder. And unwanted in the EU ladder after only 2 weeks of presence.
I actually cannot think of any guild anywhere with such a bad resume.
We’ll see next week how much the move of the remaining RUIN people will change the nature of Blacktide.
Good luck to Desolation to rebuild on the ashes they left on your server !

GM @ Insert Coinz [CPC] @ Grand Cross @ Vizunah Square.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaghen.8314

Jaghen.8314

It doesn’t really upset us, it just is hilarious considering your previous announcements. It also destroys any remaining image you might have had ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

I don’t think you understand what we’re saying.

Ruin is moving to Planetside 2. We don’t require anyone’s permission to join a server or move to other games.

If that upsets you, by all means continue to go on about it here.

How you gonna cooperate with people that don’t want you? As that’s one reason moving to BT, working with the “more professional” guilds.
Yet, the only ones willing to cooperate will be the clueless (in regards to the history of this transfer) randoms. Sounds all wonky to me.
Btw, how did you die so often in one fight your pants completely broke?

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Sadly ruin found it too hard to beat the BT guilds Friday night and you know the saying “If you can’t beat em, join them”. I kind of expected more of these US guys.

As for spreading the rumour that IRON were breaking up, another thumbs up for Archeos. At least have the decency of asking the people within the guild if this is the case (the guild is not one person). There was no need to destabilise the server and another guild in this way.

What a week not only have I/we experienced the toughest fights I can remember in wvw, but have also had to deal with all the other crap. Saying that I have no excuses as BT have been superb.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

(edited by Offski.4897)

in WvW

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

First you switch from NA to EU to win, then now when you can’t win even in EU because someone beat you to your own game – you’re “switching to other games”.

Switched to other games; Ruin’s numbers have been dropping for weeks, and I can’t blame them, or Henge of Denravi for that matter.

Lets hope the new content breathes new life into the game. 24/7 battles against culled opponents is tiresome.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Why be bothered with moving to Blacktide at all if the biggest part is moving to Planetside, though?
Why not move the guild back to NA, where you actually have people to play against, or with, in other aspects of the game?

I guess that’s the part i don’t get, there’s simply no use in moving to Blacktide “Most viable international server” is complete bull.
However, we seem to have no choice other than trying to whip you guys into shape and show you how the game is played, just like with all the other randoms who only joined to be on a top server, instead of the guilds who transfered to Make it a top server.

Edit: Please listen to, and work together with, Maxs in the morning swarm
The work begins…..

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Posted by: Kirn.3129

Kirn.3129

And here I was hoping that the talks about ruin moving to BT were just rumors. The problem with them moving would be them leaving Desolation without night crew. And we all know by now, that however good you may fight at the prime-time, the top server is decided by how much points you can get during off-hours. And we had 2 EU international servers that fit – BT and Desol. Actually, scratch that thing about servers. If you get right down to it, you got 2 guilds who make impact – RUIN, who are, in EU terms, nightcappers and Chaos, who are morningcappers. And for servers to compete, those have to be on different servers. Which is not the case now.

Well, as always, I blame the WvW system.

Probably now top tier will be BT, Vizunah and Elona… and that’s it.

Kirn Blackdrake – GreenFire – Disorder League

in WvW

Posted by: Belfagor Diabolos.1940

Belfagor Diabolos.1940

BT become a superpower server ( not by learning a community but by transfers WvW Guilds from other servers ) with no real competition at the moment on EU ladder,
and I’m wondering who will fight against U, almost non one left …
btw situation with Ruin on EU ladder is just ridiculous …
@edit I have nothing against BT, I understand so U build a strong server to counter Deso ( with Ruin ) and have a good fun in T1 but atm BT is a little bit overpowered

Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

Well the good thing is that this may hopefully inspire guilds from other servers to start a project in order to compete with Blacktide, in the same way that project Blacktide was started to compete with Desolation.

Maybe a French or German superpower server?

I dunno, just musing at the moment.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

So anyway.. I read up to that RUIN leader his post and will leave this thread with the following:
Stop the insane amount of posts saying RUIN is a joke and so on. There’s no need to do so, I hardly think ANYONE in the EU ladder doesn’t know RUIN is horrible. No need to fill 5+ pages with it.

If anything we all should blame ANet for making transfers as easy as they are now. RUIN doesn’t care about servers or other players they care about keeping their own community happy because being a gaming community probably means there is some kind of financial aspect to it.

These kinds of issues will not stop before ANet puts a stop to it, can’t tell you how or when but I hope they do. If the competitive aspect of WvW will die fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Well the good thing is that this may hopefully inspire guilds from other servers to start a project in order to compete with Blacktide, in the same way that project Blacktide was started to compete with Desolation.

Is that actually a good thing?

The server transfers are killing this. Servers are becoming ghost towns while T1/2 servers suck in more and more players. It’s not healthy, and it’s a problem of escalation.

You need to remember one thing; Desolation didn’t seek out Ruin. Ruin came to desolation. It wasn’t a project, and it wasn’t embraced lovingly by everyone on Deso.

The irony of all this is that the for many WvW was actually more fun in the lower tiers. The fights were smaller, the culling less of an issue, the opportunity for clever strategy was there. T1 WvW is ZvZ, biggest Z wins if the culling works in their favour. The meta game has become “we need russians, not because we want to play with russians, but because they’ll cover the morning shift. Great, we have russians! Now we need americans”.

It’s a mess.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Posted by: Diablo.9301

Diablo.9301

That is not going to happen. The WvW population at every server in Europe seems to be in decline already. The only way to compete with Blacktide is to have similar coverage. Since all Russians are stacked at the same server now it’s impossible for other servers to get similar day coverage without recruiting Asians/Australians. Those guilds however don’t want to move to Europe because of latency issues. Another way to get coverage is to recruit an American alliance. That has been tried in the past and ony RUIN was interested in fighting NPCs and Doors. No other American alliance wants to move.

So if you want a challenge you are better off moving to the NA ladder. That ladder has more servers with good coverage. On the European server noone can touch Blacktide the upcoming weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

Only a matter of time before WvW guilds start transferring off Blacktide. I’ve had too many guild leaders PM me about new server to conclude otherwise. Nobody except few guilds seems to be willing to tolerate Ruin bandwagoning.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: jaxom.7469

jaxom.7469

Diablo, i don’t know if VS can win again T1 , but don’t count on us being dead yet , we bite )

in WvW

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

actually in T1 no one can beat BT due to time coverage, and no one can have that time coverage in a EU server because no one can have a guild like Xaoc.
the only way is let Xaoc alone on BT. so they can morning cap but they will have hard time in primetime. We have beat them when they don’t have all the bandwagon guilds from other servers.
btw, the best match in europe is T2.

sUk Clan

in WvW

Posted by: jimothyjim.6249

jimothyjim.6249

Man, Blacktide showing some crazy coverage this morning on the Viz server. We (Desolation) tried at least twice to get the tower nearest spawn with 2 ballistas, 2 arrow carts and a treb but we just had our siege swarmed every time. At least we gave BT something to do I guess :P

As for Ruin, let’s hope the patch tomorrow comes with guesting so they can lock the servers down properly. That way Ruin will be stuck on Blacktide for good.. sorry BT.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Please refrain from violating the Code of Conduct by insulting each other, this is a WvW Thread about a current Match Up, so please stay on Topic. If this behaviour continues this Thread will be permanently locked.

Thank you for your understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: Diablo.9301

Diablo.9301

Man, Blacktide showing some crazy coverage this morning on the Viz server. We (Desolation) tried at least twice to get the tower nearest spawn with 2 ballistas, 2 arrow carts and a treb but we just had our siege swarmed every time. At least we gave BT something to do I guess :P

As for Ruin, let’s hope the patch tomorrow comes with guesting so they can lock the servers down properly. That way Ruin will be stuck on Blacktide for good.. sorry BT.

It would be horrible for the EU ladder if free transfers are closed tomorrow. The balance is way off with Blacktide being the only powerhouse left. It would do more harm than good.

in WvW

Posted by: Faust.3756

Faust.3756

Please, let’s avoid that. We’ve been fine on VS since the beginning of GW2, keeping our place in T1 on our own, and without help from other countries. If foreign guilds were willing to join us, to play in a structurated and competitive server, they would be more than welcome, and we would gladly help them to integrate within the server, but we do not wish massive migration to become a “superpower” server. We wish to keep our identity and integrity, something we managed to do until now, and although all are welcome, they have to fit well with this goal

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

And here I was hoping that the talks about ruin moving to BT were just rumors. The problem with them moving would be them leaving Desolation without night crew. And we all know by now, that however good you may fight at the prime-time, the top server is decided by how much points you can get during off-hours. And we had 2 EU international servers that fit – BT and Desol. Actually, scratch that thing about servers. If you get right down to it, you got 2 guilds who make impact – RUIN, who are, in EU terms, nightcappers and Chaos, who are morningcappers. And for servers to compete, those have to be on different servers. Which is not the case now.

Well, as always, I blame the WvW system.

Probably now top tier will be BT, Vizunah and Elona… and that’s it.

Could not of said it better. Although you could add the old vizunah nightcappers to that list. It’s a shame because the qualities/skills of the top prime time guilds are not recognised for the work they do. It becomes all about the night/morning cappers.

If Anet had just made all servers international in the first place then maybe this issue would not of caused such an impact on who wins/loses.

Anyway here’s hoping that Chaos will start to run out of gold for the upgrades next week.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Knasher.5607

Knasher.5607

Only a matter of time before WvW guilds start transferring off Blacktide. I’ve had too many guild leaders PM me about new server to conclude otherwise. Nobody except few guilds seems to be willing to tolerate Ruin bandwagoning.

People are focusing too much on ruin. They were a significant guild on Desolation, nobody can really deny that, but they are entirely insignificant on BT. BT would be winning with or without them and they bring nothing new to the server, the result would be much the same if they had transferred back to the NA ladder instead or just stopped playing altogether, so who really cares where they play?

The reason that people will leave BT is the same reason you don’t see many max level characters running around in the starting areas, there is no challenge to it. Some people enjoy a challenge, and they will be first to get bored and switch. And some people believe that being in tier 1 means something more than just having a larger group of players, and they will stay. But either way BT will equalize, just as Vizunah equalized. It will just take a little time to fix itself (though I predict less time than it did with Vizunah, so long as free transfers remain in place). We fought Vizunah two weeks in a row, the first week they had national holidays and really pulled out all the stops and it was a very tough match that we ultimately lost, the second we won by a large margin, is there anyone on Deso who enjoyed the second week more than the first?

(edited by Knasher.5607)

in WvW

Posted by: Kewa.1649

Kewa.1649

Anyway here’s hoping that Chaos will start to run out of gold for the upgrades next week.

Our budget is completly positive, so don’t even rely on it. )

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

I like it how Ruin says they “beat GW” because they won once. Did they “lose GW” when they lost before numerous times? They also say they “beat BT before” so they don’t need to do it again.

If they’re such a one-time team, why not permanently quit GW after losing to the French? Because first you lost. Second time is irrelevant according to Ruin. So the French beat you. They don’t need to do it again.

Why am I even discussing sanity here..

BT would be winning with or without them and they bring nothing new to the server

They bring poison.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

Is that actually a good thing?

The server transfers are killing this. Servers are becoming ghost towns while T1/2 servers suck in more and more players. It’s not healthy, and it’s a problem of escalation.

You need to remember one thing; Desolation didn’t seek out Ruin. Ruin came to desolation. It wasn’t a project, and it wasn’t embraced lovingly by everyone on Deso.

The irony of all this is that the for many WvW was actually more fun in the lower tiers. The fights were smaller, the culling less of an issue, the opportunity for clever strategy was there. T1 WvW is ZvZ, biggest Z wins if the culling works in their favour. The meta game has become “we need russians, not because we want to play with russians, but because they’ll cover the morning shift. Great, we have russians! Now we need americans”.

It’s a mess.

I said this ~2-3 weeks ago to a couple BT people when they were facing Seafarer’s Rest, but i got flamed and called i was just mad because they could morning cap us while we would equally or even better then them most of the times in prime-time.

“Transfers” is the way to go they said, l2have a morning/night shift they said. Well, i guess you got as many transfers you wanted right?

And i wasn’t really talking directly at BT for having mass influx of transfers, but at the system in general that Anet built. Its silly and boring when all boils down to who plays at off-times.

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

“Transfers” is the way to go they said, l2have a morning/night shift they said. Well, i guess you got as many transfers you wanted right?

And i wasn’t really talking directly at BT for having mass influx of transfers, but at the system in general that Anet built. Its silly and boring when all boils down to who plays at off-times.

And as you see, BT way made them get to #1, while SFR way of prime time dominance did not. But you’re not being fair here: SFR does want move off-time guilds, it’s just they have problems getting them (obviously, there’s very few of those).

It’s the system fault.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Posted by: Eugene.7358

Eugene.7358

Much to ask not to aggro the [Ruin], just because they are tired of the VS\Arbor.
I am happy the Americans arrived, even if they are few.
They have to close our “nightwindow” and protect from the French and Deutsch servers.

But the weekly matches now seem quite long and boring :’(

(edited by Eugene.7358)

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Much to ask not to aggro the [Ruin], just because they are tired of the VS\Arbor.
They have to close our “nightwindow” and protect from the French and Deutsch servers.

Do you really think we need guilds from all time zones to face French and German servers with 99% of players in a single time zone? That’s whyI like the reason given by Ruin to join Blacktide: “we’re here to kill frenchies just like you”.

Those [FR] [DE] tags are pointless against this.

Red Guard [RG]

(edited by Pryda.8257)

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

We do not need any NA guilds to compete in T1. We’ve proved this already by dominating T1 this entire week without them. Our morning presence is enough to negate any night-time activity by our opponents and with our current evening roster we can more than hold our own in the majority, if not all, of the maps.

I really do wish that ruin would’ve been a bit more dedicated and allowed Deso to put up a decent fight score-wise. The fight’s I’ve had in the evenings this week has been pretty good, hoping to see more of that next match.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Its quite obvious to me and Ruin are trying to hide this by flipping game and its understandable. Ruin have had it pretty much easy mode for a good couple of weeks. As soon as the organized guilds show up like Blacktide which has many on here RG, XAOC, CIR, ThUN, GF and NUG they tail it and leg it.

I question really if Ruin is a proper PVP guild because a proper PVP Guild would relish this challenge of so many organized guilds to fight. I know from an RG point of view if we came up against the said guilds we would probably make a point of killing them all thats the mentality here. Ruin to say you have been a “Major let down” is an understatement.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

So far team/map-chat on Blacktide has been good, with none of the silly whining i’ve seen elsewhere.
Could we keep it this way, please?

Attack them everywhere else for all i care, though it’s not going to “solve” anything and all we can do now really is deal with it and hope they’ll wander off somewhere else over time, and if they don’t, that they don’t act like they’ve done everywehre else for the few days they’ve got left here

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

quote:

“I question really if Ruin is a proper PVP guild because a proper PVP Guild would relish this challenge of so many organized guilds to fight. I know from an RG point of view if we came up against the said guilds we would probably make a point of killing them all thats the mentality here.”

do it – next week go with RG to Desolation and show how good you are or just hot air?

in WvW

Cyril.1486

quote:

“I question really if Ruin is a proper PVP guild because a proper PVP Guild would relish this challenge of so many organized guilds to fight. I know from an RG point of view if we came up against the said guilds we would probably make a point of killing them all thats the mentality here.”

do it – next week go with RG to Desolation and show how good you are or just hot air?

We did it allready we went to Riverside from Piken Square for a few days to face vs Blacktide and Seafarers Rest that is how we ended up on Blacktide. Besides from what i hear Desolation has insane queue or did at least. The problem is Desolation from what i can gather is lots of little bands you need that big guild to spread fear into the opposition IRON and GOD are ok i guess they need better tactics and more aggression if you ask me.

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in WvW

Romek.4201

its not the same lol

im from elona and vs old blacktide + shiverpeaks we won easy. one week later after all this transfers we had no chance anymore.

so do it now – old dont count

in WvW

Cyril.1486

its not the same lol

im from elona and vs old blacktide + shiverpeaks we won easy. one week later after all this transfers we had no chance anymore.

so do it now – old dont count

You say “all this transfers” it was only 2 guilds that came after us which is GF and NUG from FSP.

Not saying that it didnt make a difference of course it did. Why don’t Elona do the same thing because Elona is another server that suffers from a lack of organized guilds and just a pug blob that is easily beatable and for its size shouldn’t be.

If i am being totally honest i don’t think Red Guard has even seen a German guild yet that has been remotely of any notice.

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in WvW

Romek.4201

ok thought you would response like this so move on – big mouth but nothing to show

have a nice day

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

quote:

We did it allready we went to Riverside from Piken Square for a few days to face vs Blacktide and Seafarers Rest that is how we ended up on Blacktide. Besides from what i hear Desolation has insane queue or did at least. The problem is Desolation from what i can gather is lots of little bands you need that big guild to spread fear into the opposition IRON and GOD are ok i guess they need better tactics and more aggression if you ask me.

That could not be further from the truth.

Desolation has barely any queue, ever.

You are right in that IRON are our biggest WvW guild. I’m not sure if you can count GOD. They tend to disappear. In fact all of our big guilds that were supposed to be wvw heavy seem to disappear for long stretches. GP and CBO are two others that are supposedly WvW minded and yet I rarely see either of them around anymore.

But we don’t have lots of these little bands, either. We literally have IRON, about two or three other smaller guilds and then no one.

We barely have anyone left right now.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Since there is still no constructive discussion, this Thread is hereby locked. In future Match Up Threads please refrain from insulting each other and violating the Code of Conduct.

Thanks for your understanding.