Crystal Desert vs Tarnished Coast vs Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Much much much better matchup. And the no orbs thing means you gotta make it off your own stats! Thank god the new week is here

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Xehise.3519

Xehise.3519

Well, that’s it for me., I am going perma-invisi thief. That one perma-invisi from TC thief manage to held an entire group off capping the point for more than 20 minutes. AoE does’nt help because thief can get out it fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Felidire.2861

Felidire.2861

Did CD lose a bunch of people recently? If so, then that sucks…
(Not that I mind, I really like versing you guys!)

Well, that’s it for me., I am going perma-invisi thief. That one perma-invisi from TC thief manage to held an entire group off capping the point for more than 20 minutes. AoE does’nt help because thief can get out it fast.

Hahaha, I remember doing that at Golanta Mill for about 15 minutes a week or two back. Hilarious. XD

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

“Did CD lose a bunch of people recently? If so, then that sucks…”

Pretty sure we did we had two weeks in a row of being a server transfer server victim (IoJ, SoR, SoS in two weeks time). These are not short matches so once locked out people leave the losing server (cd) or you feel hopeless for 4-5 days and twice in a row, that was quite tragic.

I don’t blame server transfers I blame the length of the matches. If the matches weren’t so long noone would have left cd and just taken the losses while letting the servers we knew were transfer guilds move up and not gain any people from us but between the morale, the arguments it causes when you are in that week long lockout, it forces people off losing servers.

I’ve also seen the same guild in all matchups on opposing servers in the last three weeks, this week they are on tc. I’m pretty sure the one they were on last time is sos, and the week before that I think they were on IoJ. Pro Baddies [Bad]. There’s actually two other guilds I’ve seen two consecutive weeks in a row and just waiting for them to join this matchup or haven’t seen them yet.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

All 4 maps had queues earlier on CD, as they always do on Friday.

in WvW

Posted by: Raist.4580

Raist.4580

may the swartz be with you

TC also has healthy Q for all maps, good times

Raist Delirium | [KBD] Killed by Death | Tarnished Coast
Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia
http://failmore.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: semutant.2984

semutant.2984

R E F L H E X.8413:

I’ve also seen the same guild in all matchups on opposing servers in the last three weeks, this week they are on tc. I’m pretty sure the one they were on last time is sos, and the week before that I think they were on IoJ. Pro Baddies [Bad]. There’s actually two other guilds I’ve seen two consecutive weeks in a row and just waiting for them to join this matchup or haven’t seen them yet.

I’m pretty sure probaddies [Pro] has been in TC from the last matchup. They never move to IoJ nor SoS.

in WvW

Posted by: OldFrightful.2469

OldFrightful.2469

pro baddies is a pretty large guild that was scouting out a new home from ET, afaik, so they had a bunch of people scouting out

Negean Prime – PiNK Officer [Tarnished Coast]

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

This has been a great fight so far!

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

HoD here, I’ve had so much fun pushing you TC guys off the cliff by Dawn’s. Lol, you just keep coming back.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

HoD here, I’ve had so much fun pushing you TC guys off the cliff by Dawn’s. Lol, you just keep coming back.

Equally as fun as watching you guys come into garrison and get farmed by our massive siege. Great fight tonight, HoD. Glad you guys showed up to play. Very fun match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

Crystal Desert Borderlands was intense all night. Unfortunately TSL needs sleep but it was good to see you guys were still bringing it. Should be a great week of WvWvW for all of us.

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

“I’m pretty sure probaddies [Pro] has been in TC from the last matchup. They never move to IoJ nor SoS.”

I played maybe three hours last matchup, but the ones before it I did and they were in both and pretty sure in the last one but I didn’t play much at all/don’t remember.

in WvW

Posted by: Cottonmouth.9846

Cottonmouth.9846

Billy The Barbarian here!

I’m the norn warrior rockin 30k+ hp that’s been stomping/fearing all of you. Good fights all over the map tonight!

Attachments:

Billy The Barbarian
Zergbuster of Malum Factum
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Cottonmouth.9846)

in WvW

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

TC player here. I hope everyone has a good match this week; especially with the Orbs gone.

To CD it’s unfortunate about the loss of your guilds recently. Thanks for the heads about the guild in question. I’m hoping for positive outcomes, but always best to be prepared.

To HoD I offer the best of fortune that your server stabilizes it’s WvW crew sooner than later. I hope that you have a lot of fun this match for those that do come in

To the TC i’m very proud that my daughter is joining WvW and during Friday evening was traveling with Commander Jadon. No i’m not mentioning names, but a father can’t help be proud introducing their kin to the virtual war :P

Win/Lose I hope everyone sticks to it and has an enjoyable match. Based on my own personal hours I think I may not be able to make it for another week… missed last week entirely

I don’t need no stinking signature.

in WvW

Posted by: danni.1824

danni.1824

Great fightin’ on yer home borderlands tonight, CD. Hope ta see dat same passion fer da rest’o da week.

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Well if you want to keep CD in the match then don’t push us all the way off of a map. So far it doesn’t look like that last tower is going to really matter to your next score tick (things may be different post weekend) so you could take your zerg elsewhere before completely flattening us. The “we don’t hold anything” moment is what drives the masses to transfer or PvE for the week and that in turn drives guilds off the server.

But there’s probably no way to stop yourselves from taking everything. I doubt any server has a zerg that could grasp that idea and actually pass up a tower.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

jayderyu.3751

Shutouts are rough and I agree demoralizing. It however happens when population starts unbalancing due to non prime server time. However, it’s not a killer. We had a rematch with Dragon Brand and managed to handle there Oceanic hours.

Plus with a lot of keeps in the enemies hands. Leads to the opportunity of many places to take over. Though that’s not much comfort to the more casual WvW player.

I hope your wrong and that the demoralization won’t happen good luck to CD and HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

TC still doesn’t have coverage 24/7 so I think the mentality is to grab as much as you can while the zerg is still around. We don’t really have the merciless competitive attitude that the Tier1 and Tier 2 guilds have. Most of us want a fair fight and we want our opponents to keep on fighting. For us, it isn’t about winning or owning the entire map. It’s about how much fun we are having.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

@Hekatombaion: I’m sorry to hear folks are just transferring off your server .. it’s something not many TC’ers can relate to, and I agree .. I doubt any server can grasp the concept of not capping everything so the other server doesn’t get demoralized and starts having guilds transferring over :p

As Rpgtabbycat said .. we really don’t care about the score, like during our previous matchup with you and BG (I think last week was a lack of numbers due to Halloween), and so far that attitude has served us well .. we’ve been taking 2 steps forward 1 step back with some of the thrashings score wise we have experienced, but slowly are building up the WvW community and coordination.

Wish CD and HoD all the best this week!

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

that’s a bummer that CD lost a lot of guilds. i remember our last match against y’all and was hoping to test our mettle in a rematch. we learned a lot of stuff in out matches against BG/FA and last week against SoR/ET, and i was hoping this match would be a good measuring stick.

if nothing else, CD and HoD could do what we’ve been doing in those tough matches. take a northern tower on the home borderlands, and practice defending it. figure out which siege placements are the most effective, and their limitations. (hint: the northeast tower is, by far, the easiest one to defend. just ask SoR heh heh). make sure you watch how it’s being attacked each time, and if it falls, you’ll know what you need to be ready for the next time. by the end of the week, you’ll be farming our zergs there. (once again, just ask SoR).

in WvW

jayderyu.3751

I agree with Rpgtabbycat. I know I’m in mostly for the fun. I love the see-saw matches where keeps are taken and lost. Shut outs are dull. So I really hope with the orbs out of the way that it will have a positive impact to the battle for the week.

Also to RPGtabbycat. if we(the TC server) win this. We will be heading into Tier 2 next week. It’s sort of exciting. I would like a rematch against SoR since I didn’t participate due to halloween.

in WvW

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

If the Coast wins we will not move into T2 actually. We will stay right where we are now.
The number 6 server has 200 points over us, we will not make up that difference in a single week.

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

So, to all the TC defending the North wall of SM castle at 9:20 AM EST. How hard did you laugh when you saw us bust down your wall only to find out that there was a giant set of stone stairs blocking us from entering the keep? LOL.

We went from “THIS IS IT, LETS DO THIS” to “….wow” instantaneously.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

in WvW

jayderyu.3751

If the Coast wins we will not move into T2 actually. We will stay right where we are now.
The number 6 server has 200 points over us, we will not make up that difference in a single week.

ok ok, so we don’t move positions base don win loss…… I could use a link to how all those numbers work. Like what the hell is volatility?

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

Amazing first night, TC held a lot and fought tooth and nail to keep it. And as a previous post stated were not trying to shut anyone out, but knowing we don’t have 24/7 coverage we like to take as much as we can while we can.

At around 6am PST either CD got a huge flux of bodies or TC lost a huge number of bodies because we started to lose ground in CD home realm (but put up one hell of a fight in defense!) and CD started hitting our home BL pretty hard too.

Over all good night though, can’t wait to see where we are when I wake up. Time for bed though, WAY past bedtime.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Kalanaar.4150

Kalanaar.4150

CD is a great oponent to spar with, they have been sieging sm for like an hour, without stopping, but the great armies of the tarnished coast are stoping them from having complete control over the castle

Kunnat Aravok, Guardian of the tarnished coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sergo.2867

Sergo.2867

Tabbycat

TC still doesn’t have coverage 24/7 so I think the mentality is to grab as much as you can while the zerg is still around. We don’t really have the merciless competitive attitude that the Tier1 and Tier 2 guilds have. Most of us want a fair fight and we want our opponents to keep on fighting. For us, it isn’t about winning or owning the entire map. It’s about how much fun we are having.

Quoth for truth. We had one guy storm off a community forum (and presumably off the server) when he found out that we didn’t want to do whatever it takes to be the best. Tier 1 sounds like work to me. Had some great fights last night with CD and got pasted twice by HoD. Looking forward to a really fun, orbless week.

But heck, I had fun last week getting pancaked by Sanctum of Rall. As someone said, we still had fights, took small objectives and tried to hold them, learned a lot. SoR was decent enough to not spawncamp us, so we still had a great week.

Shoot, I don’t care if my server has the maximum gathering bonus. I just wanna have good fights, and last night, everybody was dishing it out.

HAVE AT YOU!

Geros Rainhall, Warrior, et. al.
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

EB was a lot of fun last night. Over the course of four hours the action was non-stop. While TC mostly focused on CD in anticipation of a mostly 1 vs 1, but HoD turned up with respectable numbers and became a threat later in the the night.

TC began focusing on defense, with only an initial push to SM to delay CD’s capture. Then, TC pushed into CD territory and took Anzalias, Speldan, and Mendon while CD pushed into HoD territory and took over most of it, including the keep, with TC holding QL and Danelon.

For the next hour TC destroyed every single yak heading to SM, which was held by CD…and there weren’t many, since CD did not really defend their home territory so TC held Speldon and Pangloss for much of the time. At the height of TC’s incursion into CD territory, CD only held Overlook and Ogrewatch.

As TC continued to starve SM, HoD began mounting pushes to retake their territory and occasionally pushed hard into TC territory with 20-25 people, which was the largest semi organized group I saw last night from HoD. TC’s strategy was to repel HoD, but not push back too hard to allow HoD to focus on CD. This wasn’t difficult to accomplish considering CD still pushed hard into HoD territory whenever there was a chance.

With TC forcing CD to return and retake their home territories and preventing any supply from reaching SM, HoD was able to mount an attack against SM. After approximately 30 minutes of fighting, SM fell to HoD while CD’s zerg was trying to retake Mendon for the 4th or 5th time.

Before HoD had a chance to dig in, a TC treb at WC knocked down SM’s outer wall and TC pushed into SM and took out the keep lord and their 5-10 HoD defenders in SM at the time. SM was immediately upgraded and fortified as supply streamed in. For the rest of the night 20-25 HoD would occasionally probe SM from the SE while 30-40 CD would try from the North. Unfortunately for them the TC roaming zerg would return and defend whenever SM was seriously pressured and was able to repel each attack.

Although TC mostly had the upper hand in EB, throughout the night CD and TC traded the lead in points per turn, while TC lead by 500-900 total points. HoD hang around 100 points per turn most of the time.

Assuming the difference in night crew is no longer as great as last time TC and CD met, this should turn out to be a very interesting week.

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

(edited by Mysticforce.5096)

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

I do enjoy defending one objective against an entire zerg (or sometimes two zergs,) but I find it very unfortunate that the garrison can nail the towers back up the hill with trebuchets. I got the impression the borderlands were on a slope to prevent it from going in that direction.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

That “respectable” number HoD managed to put out really consisted of our commanders pulling most of our troops from the borderlands into EB.

Henge really can’t put up much of a fight, which sucks since we actually have competent commanders.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

I hope you folks at HoD appreciated our refusal to give up Golanta to you every time you came >.>

We’re rather good at the barnyard dance >.>

Great night in EB. I’m exhausted, having been in there since the reset and only now going to sleep, but the plan I asked folks to follow worked beautifully. Thank you to everyone who worked with me tonight

CD, bad luck on the global DC on your 30min siege in the Lord Room of SM the 2nd time around this morning. It was hilariously bad timing for you, and great for us. The first TC defense of SM during the end of primetime was great stuff, however.

For the record, TC hasn’t lost a home tower in EB as I write this. Great job on defense, everyone, and I enjoyed some of the inventive ways you tried to take things, CD. Unfortunately, I’ve learned a lot from the first time we played you, and from playing BG and SoR.

The Queen does not give up her holdings easily

~Nyari Cil, Queen

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

My first couple of weeks on CD went well it was smooth games.

Then we fought IoJ who seemed to have transfers just for that match and in that matchup et was a no show, then we fought sor/sos, then we had one decent match, now we are fighting tc who is playing better than IoJ was (and it may also have to do with our transfers during this time), and HoD is a no show like ET in the IoJ match. Then we are possibly going to fight tc next week, and hopefully not Hod or maybe we will drop down a tier.

This is why I think the matchups are currently too long and would work fine as a 3 day with the free server transfers able to stay in place. We aren’t talking days or even weeks of wvw not being as fun as it should be we are talking months, with one match that was decent inbetween. We also wouldn’t have lost people during those other matchups really, and they would have been very old news by now as we would have had quite a few matchups since.

When you are losing really badly in the first 24-72 hours it’s not just oh we lost, see you guys tomorrow, it’s oh we lost in the first day, or first three days, might as well not play for the rest of the week, might as well server transfer to play fun wvw, or be kinda pinned in the corner when it’s vs servers that have a large amount of transfers in the wrong bracket.

It’s not just the losing team either, the losing team just for the most part loses people permanantly but as we seen in the sor/sos/cd matchup people from blackgate that were winning moved to sor to play a wvw matchup that they thought would be a fun one to join and kinda ruined that matchup further than it already was.

in WvW

Posted by: ravendd.4209

ravendd.4209

Yak’s Bend here. A shout out to Crystal Desert. Much respect to you guys – earned from last week. Best of luck to you!

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Yes, TC has been getting a lot of off peak transfers it seems. The whole (transfer) thing started about a month ago. I am not sure if I am a fan of people just coming for WvW when you have “GOKUPWNSYUO” kittening up /team chat.

To TC, please as your guilds get more organized, don’t forget /team. It is how the vast majority of our server operates and if you neglect it, keeps will fall without so much as a peep!

From a totally personal observation, I could have sworn TC operated better when there was no commander icon on the BL maps last night. Maybe I am just imagining things…

I am looking forward to more WvW when I get home! Weee fun times all!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Coral! waves I risk getting this post infracted for not contributing to the discussion at all but I’m having fun in Wuvwuv! CD hits hard. We were pretty disorganised, imo, on CDBLs last night in the first few hours. Coral, stop lurking on forums and get working! And no drinking on the job either! <3

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Genostrike.1756

Genostrike.1756

So far the Battle has been amazing but i think we began to hit Cd’s Down time with our Most active time, leading to some interesting Map takeover. Hope you guys keep coming to hit us been fun

[PiNK] Officer Yetomi
~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

That “respectable” number HoD managed to put out really consisted of our commanders pulling most of our troops from the borderlands into EB.

Henge really can’t put up much of a fight, which sucks since we actually have competent commanders.

Definitely have respect for the commanders that stepped forward despite the attrition we have experienced in WvW. This has been demonstrated multiple time in the past two days – especially in our successful siege of Stonemist yesterday – despite having the outnumbered status the entire time.

The heart of HOD obviously remains – we just lack the numbers and 24/7 coverage.

Im really proud of the effort Ive seen on the server recently.

in WvW

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

Not even 24 hours and the match is decided.

Can’t wait for 6 more days of this…

in WvW

Posted by: muhconstitution.4052

muhconstitution.4052

Yak here, don’t let CD do too well, I want us to get matched with them again next week!

Edit: Apparently I should add that I hope CD won’t do too poorly on the chance we miss them next week when tiers change…

(edited by muhconstitution.4052)

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

That is a problem, understandably, while our guilds get more organized… we have trouble communicating in VOIP and whispers, as well as team/map. In CD BL early after reset, we mostly were communicating with our guilds and it worked well in taking both garrison and hills with little manpower.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Do we get a prize? What does TC get for “winning”?

Maybe I eat it or trade it in for Amazon gift cards! I wonder what this prize is?

( Points only mean something if you want them to mean something. TC got utterly smashed last week and we still tried pretty hard to take what we could when we could. SoR was brutal, a lot more “brutal” than we are. )

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I would also like to point out, that according to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA IF things continue at this rate, next week will be Tarnished Coast / Crystal Desert
/ Yak’s Bend

Shore up your morale now or get ready to sink to the depths CD! Yarrrrrrr~
(You’re not getting rid of us that easily.)

I have my monthly done and could not possibly care any less.

Thank you for this informing post about your “care.”

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Phillipidies.3204

Phillipidies.3204

Been on HoD since early access and I have to say I’m impressed with the vast majority of people who stayed behind when the transfers happened. TC and CD have been a fun fight so far, even though we’re still heavily outnumbered most of the time.

Phaeax, Hydema, Phillipidies [LK] HoD

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

/wave Phillipidies! You sound like a TC player.. great additude! I have to admit, I dont see HoD much but when I do I know you all are ready to put up a good fight. You may not be many but you all know how to play!

in WvW

Posted by: jinx.8169

jinx.8169

Had some great battles against CD on EB. A lot of give and take. These have been some of the best times I have had on WvW. Keep it up!

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Has this stuff gone blank for anyone else?

in WvW

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Can’t wait for 6 more days of this…

Dont think like that. Few weeks ago dragon brand was beating us and we came back mid week to cap second. CD won that time too.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

It’s been another interesting night in EB. HoD seemed to have opted to pull all of their people to their BL, so it was 1 vs 1 between TC and CD.

During the earlier parts of the night there were a couple of new commanders on the map learning the ropes. I’ve never seen them before (which isn’t saying much), so not sure if they recently purchased the book or if they were new transfers to TC. Either way, they were very green and it showed.

TC usually functions very well as a militia – when no blue icons are present experienced people would give advise in /team, and groups would organize by their own initiative. Fewer and fewer people blindly follows a blue icon anymore, and as it was shown tonight, when commanders make questionable decisions the people they can rally decreases. Over the course of an hour this new commander went from having a 30+ man zerg to less than 10 in the end, with most people opting to hit objectives that made sense.

CD dug in and pushed hard tonight. For about two hours CD had two trebs at OL pounding SM’s north wall. Given the new commander either 1) did not really know the importance of getting rid of trebs or 2) did not know how to deal with them, so the trebs stayed up for far longer than normal. Various smaller groups poked at them from time to time, occasionally taking down one, but always got pushed away by CD’s main zerg which seemed to be 40+ at any given time.

Eventually this new commander logged out, presumably because he could no longer rally anyone, and 20ish people got together and killed those CD trebs with a treb of our own at the vista hill. The result of the delay dropped SM’s supply dangerously low – at one point down to less than 300 from a nearly full stockpile and constant yaks.

CD also did pretty well at trying to deny supply heading to SM by hitting supply camps in TC territory. However, since they did not guard Speld, Pang, Dane, or Umber, SM still got a steady stream of supplies.

CD must have focused on EB tonight at the expense of other maps, because at one point they held 2/3rd of the map (everything except SM and TC home territory). However, CD could not keep up with TC’s multi-pronged attacks both North and East. Eventually TC took over all of HoD territory and constantly traded Anz, Speld, and Pang with CD.

The highlight of the night for me was the “Alamo” stand at Pangloss. We took the camp, built 8-9 balistas and 2-3 arrow carts…and held off the CD zerg for 15-20 minutes. In that particular battle we were outnumbered at least 2 to 1, but held on until people went to chase fleeing CD and got killed, leaving us without enough people to man the siege. I’m not sure how many badges were earned in that particular battle out of the total 66 I got tonight, but I would wager it was quite a few.

Looking forward to tomorrow night~

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

(edited by Mysticforce.5096)

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Well we are giving it a shot but we are BADLY outnumbered.

Fighting TC 1v1 is not going to work for us. It would be closer if we had a 3rd server keeping TC pressured, but this way they focus on us and we can’t keep them back long enough because of the numbers disparity.

We’ll see what the week brings but it doesn’t look good.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.