Gandalf-Abbadon-Riverside

in WvW

Posted by: Crular.9762

Crular.9762

At the end of the day the point of the game is to have fun and I just dont buy that anyone can enjoy playing in an 80 man group with the skill lag and fps that comes with it. I also dont buy that avoiding fights is fun or that having fights where the outcome is decided before they start are fun

Of course it is about having fun, and trust me, the people in those big zergs do have fun. That’s what I can tell you from listening on the server teamspeak server. The fun for them comes from chatting with each other, laughing together and just having a good time. It is not AM’s fault that your server seems to consist of “old-school” serious competing guild groups.

AM is a more casual gaming oriented server with lots of Moms and Dads, you know the older gamer kind. The kind of people who simply can’t compete with many of your specialized squads. So they make do with the things they have, and score-wise they do it well. If you can’t handle that and do not have fun, I can’t help it and I surely do not gloat about it. As I said, maybe in the near future there will be game which suits your playstyle more.

PS: 15-20 years ago I had the same expectations you had and did a lot of competitive gameplay. People at my age just don’t have the time anymore to specialize and construct the teams you seem to have and probably also don’t want to do that. For us that would be a chore.

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

At the end of the day the point of the game is to have fun and I just dont buy that anyone can enjoy playing in an 80 man group with the skill lag and fps that comes with it. I also dont buy that avoiding fights is fun or that having fights where the outcome is decided before they start are fun

Of course it is about having fun, and trust me, the people in those big zergs do have fun. That’s what I can tell you from listening on the server teamspeak server. The fun for them comes from chatting with each other, laughing together and just having a good time. It is not AM’s fault that your server seems to consist of “old-school” serious competing guild groups.

AM is a more casual gaming oriented server with lots of Moms and Dads, you know the older gamer kind. The kind of people who simply can’t compete with many of your specialized squads. So they make do with the things they have, and score-wise they do it well. If you can’t handle that and do not have fun, I can’t help it and I surely do not gloat about it. As I said, maybe in the near future there will be game which suits your playstyle more.

PS: 15-20 years ago I had the same expectations you had and did a lot of competitive gameplay. People at my age just don’t have the time anymore to specialize and construct the teams you seem to have and probably also don’t want to do that. For us that would be a chore.

Looking forward to CU tbh for them reasons but thats years away.

It doesn’t take that much time (or skill for that matter) to play the way we do, theres no crazy time consuming training or clever strategies that are hard to pull off, its just spending what time you DO have playing with the same people. Familiarity goes a long way. (fair few older moms and dads in this guild)
TDA covered my opinion on the matter, your not fun for me or groups like mine to fight, the reasons why have been covered and its not a criticism, your just not. Maybe my initial reply came of as hostile, it was mostly trolling to get a reaction – thanks (i was bored) but it pretty much amounts to – were not similar servers … at all
I’d hate to play the way you do, i was in a zerg earlier and half my time was spent alt-tabbed here because it bores me to tears

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

in WvW

Posted by: Ekwah.8152

Ekwah.8152

It’s really pathetic what the guild DYE from Gandara is doing on EBG at the moment. Every time we are trying to conquer Stonemist they are destroying our sieges and helping Abaddon to defend it. That’s going on for hours now. Respect for the good defence from Abaddon so far but DYE is really doing their best to help you out every time we are making some progress.

in WvW

Crular.9762

It’s really pathetic what the guild DYE from Gandara is doing on EBG at the moment. Every time we are trying to conquer Stonemist they are destroying our sieges and helping Abaddon to defend it. That’s going on for hours now. Respect for the good defence from Abaddon so far but DYE is really doing their best to help you out every time we are making some progress.

Additionally they took both Durios and Quentin to prevent you from getting it, furthermore helping our cause!
puts his tinfoil hat on

in WvW

Ekwah.8152

Additionally they took both Durios and Quentin to prevent you from getting it, furthermore helping our cause!
puts his tinfoil hat on

I’m not saying they are helping Abaddon to get more points in general. I’m just saying they are doing everything to prevent Riverside from getting Stonemist by helping Abaddon to defend it. And that is not an assumption or a “conspiracy theory”. That is an observation.

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Then don’t set up a Superior Trebuchet right next one of our towers.! XD

Our Anz trebs took down three sections of the SM outer wall, and then you set up your treb right next to Anzalias to take out their inner gate long distance. You tried to take advantage of our work and had the audacity to do it near our tower… of course we’ll take you out. (Though a couple people did say to leave you be, to reset SM, but no one listened.)

Also: loot bags

PS: I’m not part of [DYE]

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

in WvW

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

They are playing the “kitt it i don’t care about the points game!”

Here’s a tissue, D Y E mate!

in WvW

Crular.9762

I’m not saying they are helping Abaddon to get more points in general. I’m just saying they are doing everything to prevent Riverside from getting Stonemist by helping Abaddon to defend it. And that is not an assumption or a “conspiracy theory”. That is an observation.

Considering the comments in this thread so far, I’ll go out on a limb and assume they don’t care at all who has what on EB and just try to kill everything in sight.

in WvW

Esprit Dumort.3109

Considering the comments in this thread so far, I’ll go out on a limb and assume they don’t care at all who has what on EB and just try to kill everything in sight.

They care (possibly), and they’ll help if asked, but they are doing a fine job roaming and generally causing havoc as it’s now being complained about on the forum. And they are obviously easy targets… why not kill and farm for badges/loot/WXP?

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Ekwah.8152

Then don’t set up a Superior Trebuchet right next one of our towers.! XD

Our Anz trebs took down three sections of the SM outer wall, and then you set up your treb right next to Anzalias to take out their inner gate long distance. You tried to take advantage of our work and had the audacity to do it near our tower… of course we’ll take you out. (Though a couple people did say to leave you be, to reset SM, but no one listened.)

Also: loot bags

PS: I’m not part of [DYE]

That was one of the situations yes, but not the most important one. We finally got rid of all the sieges and the mortar at the south inner gate and placed catapults on the wall. Guess who came and destroyed them.

in WvW

Esprit Dumort.3109

That was one of the situations yes, but not the most important one. We finally got rid of all the sieges and the mortar at the south inner gate and placed catapults on the wall. Guess who came and destroyed them.

If it hadn’t been DYE, then it would have been AM. If you can’t defend against one, you won’t be able to defend against the other, because AM would have just drowned you in a sea of players.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Ekwah.8152

If it hadn’t been DYE, then it would have been AM. If you can’t defend against one, you won’t be able to defend against the other, because AM would have just drowned you in a sea of players.

AM pressured from the inside and DYE from the outside of Stonemist. While fighting against the attack from AM, DYE destroyed the catapults.

I guess they like to troll us. Which is fine in general. But it is really difficult enough to conquer Stonemist right know.

(edited by Ekwah.8152)

in WvW

Esprit Dumort.3109

Would you have preferred us to wait until you had inner down, engaged with AM, and then we choo choo through and cap?

I don’t know what you are expecting. An apology, for throwing a wrench into your plans to capture SM?

Is it because it’s not fair? If that’s the case, do something about it. I’m sure DYE is looking for a challenge.

Killing enemies is trolling? Maybe we prefer AM to have SM over you guys, so it is to our advantage to prevent that from happening (not really though, we want it, but we are too lazy to cap it).

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Been mostly a crappy blob vs. blob match up. Gandara isn’t any better in this aspect anymore.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Ekwah.8152

Would you have preferred us to wait until you had inner down, engaged with AM, and then we choo choo through and cap?

I don’t know what you are expecting. An apology, for throwing a wrench into your plans to capture SM?

Is it because it’s not fair? If that’s the case, do something about it. I’m sure DYE is looking for a challenge.

Of course I would have preferred that. It’s much easier to conquer Stonemist without upgrades from Gandara then conquering an upgraded one with a bazillion arrow carts from Abaddon.

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Grats on bringing culling back to the game!

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Esprit Dumort.3109

Been mostly a crappy blob vs. blob match up. Gandara is just blobby as the other 2, as well.

You have to beat a blob, with a blob.

It’s obviously a classic case of the chicken and the egg. Which blob came first; Gandara, AM, or RS?

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: woomera.9841

woomera.9841

¨

DING DING DING! We have a Winner!

People here are prolly talking about our 10-15 “blob” roaming around EB and looking for some fun activity and challenge ofc. Not helping anyone thats fo sho. I will also post a video in a day or two with a clip how we “helped” AM in the mines near Ogrewatch. No hard feelings Rs, we helped you too, u just don´t know it ^^

Attachments:

[DYE] Guild Leader & Commander Gandara EU
W Oo M Era Fo Sho // Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/DyeGW2

(edited by woomera.9841)

in WvW

Posted by: woomera.9841

woomera.9841

Double post so I could gief attachment from us tickling AM… tihihihi
Peace out everyone!

Attachments:

[DYE] Guild Leader & Commander Gandara EU
W Oo M Era Fo Sho // Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/DyeGW2

(edited by woomera.9841)

in WvW

Esprit Dumort.3109

People here are prolly talking about our 10-15 “blob” roaming around EB and looking for some fun activity and challenge ofc. Not helping anyone thats fo sho.^

I haven’t heard any of that myself. I like when we have guilds roaming around the map, stirring up fights and such. Keep doing what you are doing.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

All I can say about this match up is summed up by a comment I heard tonight

‘’Watch out the Borg are coming’’

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

All I can say about this match up is summed up by a comment I heard tonight

‘’Watch out the Borg are coming’’

Their main function is to assimilate all sources of Wexpee.

Resistance is futile.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Beri.3156

Beri.3156

Next Match up will be epic =) AG vs Gand vs FSP and MS vs RS vs AM

Awesome charr necro 66,000 kills
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: MisterPink.7943

MisterPink.7943

I dont think so, cause new matchup will be choosen by a dice or whatever^^

“Predicated rankings instead of predicated matchups

Arena.net is going to partially randomize server matchups: at the end of a matchup, all servers will do a random roll and next matchups will be computed in function of this draw (see all details here : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-coming-to-wvw-matchups/ )."

Source: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

in WvW

Posted by: Merse Deska.6795

Merse Deska.6795

Grats to RS i guess…

Can’t wait for the reset and hopefully meet some new servers to play against.

Attachments:

Xplodelicious [YaK]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

We were hoping to roll out the new matchup system for the next matchups but unfortunately we ran into a few snags. We are working hard to get everything working 100% correctly and tested and should be able to start the new matchups once we’ve checked everything. I’ll make sure to be back to let you all know as far ahead of time as I can. My apologies for the inconvenience.

/dance

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Beri.3156

Beri.3156

I dont think so, cause new matchup will be choosen by a dice or whatever^^

“Predicated rankings instead of predicated matchups

Arena.net is going to partially randomize server matchups: at the end of a matchup, all servers will do a random roll and next matchups will be computed in function of this draw (see all details here : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-coming-to-wvw-matchups/ )."

Source: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

I quess u didn’t see Devons latest post ?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Update-on-new-matchups/first#post2124865

Awesome charr necro 66,000 kills
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: MisterPink.7943

MisterPink.7943

Ok you´re right Beri ;-). And who is right, have to buy a drink ;-). So cheers everyone and good luck today with new opponents.

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

I’d say this delay in the random crap shoot system is a blessing for all servers. RS and AM won’t have to deal with any whining and AG and Gandara don’t have to deal with lag and fps issues

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

I will miss Druckwelle [dw] but won’t lie, other than that, I can’t wait til reset now!

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

It seems that we get a German language server matchup this time. RS vs AM vs MS, however that will end ^^

So i just wanted to say good bye, good luck to everybody in the next matchup, will definitely miss the guys from dius and TDA so i hope we will meet us again in a borderland of your choice .

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

I really want to see a Gvg bewteen Dw and Mya next week, make it happen, to everybody else Enjoy Ac you will see a lot of them, may the Best German Server Win

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Guys just one advice: Grab your Google(Chrome)-Translator and some Popcorn for the german RS-AM-MS Matchup-Thread. I bet you won’t be disappointed! Two things might happen: a) everything stays calm and happy b) the german forum might explode :O

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I don’t care what others say, this week was a blast for us at Tchuu Tchuu, plenty of germans to fight, lots of relentless chases halfway across the map, opponents that wouldn’t give up when they lost a fight and kept comming back for revenge. Way more fun than last week’s boredom, where we couldnt even get a fight unless it was prime time with the usual lagfest that comes with it.

cheers at everyone who fought against and with us, we really had alot of fun thanks to you guys. <3

also, to gandarians, if you play during weekday mornings and you like to roam around in a small group fighting impossible numbers, send us a whisper, we normally lack a 5th member. d/d ele or thieves are extra welcome, no need to join guild :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in WvW

Amelia Knox.9362

i’ll keep watching german forum this week, is any like Good taunt, or like insane flame, pls post here also, with google translator i might miss it

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Not long until reset now guys

Cheers Apok

btw…………………………….. so glad

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

in WvW

Amelia Knox.9362

So i read the german thread, of the last match and one before, GOLD PURE GOLD, keep it coming, thanks for the mention of TUP and Dawn in the forum, hope you get good fights in all german matchup

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Viking.1285

Viking.1285

Sometimes I think about what our beloved Mods are thinking about these threads. Do they have some kind of “best post of the day”? Or are they just constantly facepalming the moment they begin to work.

[LNS]Lina Invers
Elementalmage
Legion Night Stalker – We stalk the Night

in WvW

Posted by: Maartac.9457

Maartac.9457

Nah,
luckily we didn´t glitch 2day Was a really funny but hard night vs RS, Gandara not so active 2night :S Great fun with a 24 hour raid (! Still ongoing). Some nice switching over Borderslands, but also some fails, since we are all active for 20 hours…. Stilll good (not too big) fights vs both Servers. All with it´s losses and wins
Need to go, raid still going on :<

That one picture describes the night pretty well

? you had the hole night more player than riverside… not so night activ….

Hahahahaha ! made my day !

-Necro-Thief-Warrior-Guardian-
http://de.twitch.tv/maartac

in WvW

Esprit Dumort.3109

Hilarity on German forums? Can someone pass me a link so I may partake too?

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

¨

DING DING DING! We have a Winner!

People here are prolly talking about our 10-15 “blob” roaming around EB and looking for some fun activity and challenge ofc. Not helping anyone thats fo sho. I will also post a video in a day or two with a clip how we “helped” AM in the mines near Ogrewatch. No hard feelings Rs, we helped you too, u just don´t know it ^^

That’s one epic screen shot there!

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

To the DTK mesmer I just fought in the JP (I was the Guardian) Awesome fights you had me figured out by the second time though :P

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: climbatize.8729

climbatize.8729

Will miss you DW as well!

Have fun , hope you get at least some fun from Mya , gonna be checking DE forums for flaming

TDA

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Great fun on AM borderlands 3 hours ago till 1 hour ago. We took briar, lake, hills and bay, fought a lot of RS and also some AM (some members from dw). Thank you also to the Underworld Batallion who led us (soul).

Kind regards from The Old Boys.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain