Jan 11th 2013: Maguuma/Borlis/Devona

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

it’s sad when guilds that transfer to the “winning” server think they are skilled. Zerg on.

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

it’s sad when guilds that transfer to the “winning” server think they are skilled. Zerg on.

Just goes to show what guilds held the server together….

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

@Karlesi : I’m down dude. I’m always up for a little fun. Hit me up in-game?

next minute you end up losing lol

Where were you at Bunzy? Too scared?
We had some nice duels it was fun! I think he won the best of 5, but it was pretty even all in all.

You lost to our ranger and now you want to challenge me?

Scared?

You really didn’t learn anything from our ranger stomping you.

Stomping me? When did that happen? Sure, he beat me a few times in a for-fun duel. I didn’t know we were playing for the Cup or I would’ve brought a 1v1 build!

Let it be known that Bunzy is scare of a fight

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Dear BP,

Turn your frown upside down. No one would want to be on your server if all you guys do is whine…

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: nytehex.3267

nytehex.3267

Well, one reason why you hear all the crap from BP on here is not just because of all the guilds leaving, but the fact that they are leaving to servers that we are still playing against. Sad part is there are still 1-2 that are considering moving, one of which has players that openly laugh and don’t help while watching others are doing their best against almost impossible odds. Very frustrating times in BP right now.

Almost hoping we fall next week, to be honest, because our favorite punching bags AR are awaiting our return. Kodiak, I think there are many people that will corpse dance over you.

It seems to me what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Well, one reason why you hear all the crap from BP on here is not just because of all the guilds leaving, but the fact that they are leaving to servers that we are still playing against. Sad part is there are still 1-2 that are considering moving, one of which has players that openly laugh and don’t help while watching others are doing their best against almost impossible odds. Very frustrating times in BP right now.

Almost hoping we fall next week, to be honest, because our favorite punching bags AR are awaiting our return. Kodiak, I think there are many people that will corpse dance over you.

<3 ya too.

Oh and Yaks Bend is in the other direction. If your playing AR next week, you’re doing it wrong.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yes, we are THIS bored. That is an alpha golem fighting the Veteran Wurm. Please come to Maguuma BL. Save us from ourselves.

I was there a while ago. One of our commanders promptly insisted on using two trebs and everyone on the map to siege Bluebriar that was fully upgraded instead of Redlake which had paper everything.

I sighed and joined DRBL instead.

You know, I was wondering why DR seemed so interested in the SW tower. They tried a lot of weird things last night. Gotta find a way to work with those guys no matter how “interesting” their tactics are.

We didn’t recruit all of those guilds, but I feel like we’re being blamed for it. WaR, sure, but we had already talked to them months ago. The amount of trolling I’ve seen from new faces on Maguuma this week has been absurd though, so I wouldn’t exactly call our position enviable. People are right, most of these guilds will leave us once we lose, and I’m sure looking forward to that. I don’t think WaR is one of these guilds, but only time will tell, I guess.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

nytehex.3267

Well Kodiak, if you are on Yak’s Bend, you are no better than all those that have abandoned BP with what you did to AR. If you are still on AR, well, we’ll see you on the fields of battle. Either way, you still troll our thread for no reason other than trolling. I guess it must be nice to have that kind of time to constantly waste.

saiyr, I NEVER placed blame on you OR any other server for these guilds moving to other server. I place blame on those guild moving to servers that we were / are fighting. It is classless to move to a server in the same tier as the one you are in. CLASSLESS. I cannot see how those people can have any pride in what they accomplish at their new homes.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You specifically may not have blamed us…

Edit: FWIW, if you look on the first page, some of the people who we think transferred are the kinds of people who steal golems to go fail at getting a POI. So you should be happy those kinds of people are gone.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: ParasiTTe.7643

ParasiTTe.7643

saiyr, I NEVER placed blame on you OR any other server for these guilds moving to other server. I place blame on those guild moving to servers that we were / are fighting. It is classless to move to a server in the same tier as the one you are in. CLASSLESS. I cannot see how those people can have any pride in what they accomplish at their new homes.

I’d like to hear your reasoning to why it is “classless” when we simply moved to the server that our guild fit in best, maguuma being in the same tier wasn’t the reason we moved there.

Seriously, don’t think anyone here has bad blood with you guys, let’s just say good fights and move on.

Phoenix Mask — [VR]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Well Kodiak, if you are on Yak’s Bend, you are no better than all those that have abandoned BP with what you did to AR. If you are still on AR, well, we’ll see you on the fields of battle. Either way, you still troll our thread for no reason other than trolling. I guess it must be nice to have that kind of time to constantly waste.

I’m still on AR. I was referring to this .

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Borlis-Pass-and-Yaks-Bend/first#post1125176

See you next week, maybe.

-K

-K

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’d like to hear your reasoning to why it is “classless” when we simply moved to the server that our guild fit in best, maguuma being in the same tier wasn’t the reason we moved there.

Seriously, don’t think anyone here has bad blood with you guys, let’s just say good fights and move on.

Yeah, from my personal experience, if you move to another server after you’re done fighting them, then the next server you play that you’ve fought before will be like, “omg they transferred because they want to fight us and make us lose”, but if you move while you’re still fighting them, well, you get the picture. There’s no winning that one.

in WvW

nytehex.3267

Okay Phoenix, here is why what you, some members of Fox, Krew etc did…..if you watch the scores, you can see we aren’t staying up where we are. It’s pretty obvious. Why not wait until either Maguuma (or DB with Krew) is NOT in the same tier, then leave? Only WaR and the other guilds can answer that, but I’ll tell you what I think….I think you did it to rub our faces in it and be on the winning team. It’s traitorous and you are the ones that have to live with that decision. I know you all don’t have a conscience , so it won’t bother you, but it will come back and bite you in the kitten because karma is a kitten.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

ParasiTTe.7643

Okay Phoenix, here is why what you, some members of Fox, Krew etc did…..if you watch the scores, you can see we aren’t staying up where we are. It’s pretty obvious. Why not wait until either Maguuma (or DB with Krew) is NOT in the same tier, then leave? Only WaR and the other guilds can answer that, but I’ll tell you what I think….I think you did it to rub our faces in it and be on the winning team. It’s traitorous and you are the ones that have to live with that decision. I know you all don’t have a conscience , so it won’t bother you, but it will come back and bite you in the kitten because karma is a kitten.

Negative, we never transferred to maguuma to “rub it on your faces”, we were even talking about focusing on DR initially.

And IMO, if you guys want to complain about not staying where you are, it’s not a problem with WaR leaving exactly, it has to do with the way you guys structured BP as a server(hint: it’s bad, but it seems you guys are making some changes so it’s a good sign) and how you relied on one guild to stay where you are. I seriously wish you guys the best and that you find a way to be more effective in WvW, but if you go down now it’s not because you were forced down, it’s simply because you won’t be strong enough for this tier and it’ll give you guys time to get your kitten together.

Phoenix Mask — [VR]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Elfernar.6398

Elfernar.6398

If you can’t see yourself why moving to a server that your old server is currently fighting is “classless” then no amount of reasoning is going to shed any light.

However, I’m one of those half full glass type of dudes so I’ll give it one more try.

Let’s say you take your beloved girlfriend to a company party. She meets your coworkers and your supervisor and is mightily impressed by that supervisor who just seems to be oh so cool. Shortly after the party, she starts to nag about how you aren’t trying hard enough to climb the corporate ladder and how you should be the supervisor and how you’re not living up to people’s expectations. After trying to work things out, she decides to dump you…….

Then the next company get together happens and as always you show up and lo and behold, there she is holding your supervisors hand. She sees you at the party and the only reaction she has for you is, well, none. Hey, she decided to go with your supervisor because she figured “It’s her best fit(until she meets your supervisor’s supervisor)”, but hey…. It’s not “classless” she just decided, out of all the people out there that may be currently better than you, to go with your immediate supervisor. Why not, it’s not like you’d care who she is with or would you?

BP (Edge)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

The above dialogue really belongs in private message.

I’m a little sad that DR and BP got the pointy end of the wvw population stick. I hope that our server culture doesn’t change too drastically, too quickly because I like that Maguuma has always been like one giant guild and Mags pubbies are my guild mates.

I don’t like competition blowouts so if DR and BP guys want help with server organization, comm structure and WvW tactics, I’m happy to help out. Its in nobody’s interests when the matches are not fair. This matchup is definitely not fair on DR and BP, who have nevertheless shown real heart against impossible odds.

in WvW

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

Server wide mumble would help DR, I’ve been told we have one but I’ve never once seen people spamming it in t/m for puggies to get organized. Our commanders all getting along would help too. There’s certainly more wrong in DR than our WvW population. As much as I detest the zergs in this tier, ( Yes I’ve been in higher tier servers and understand this zerg is nothing to those) I wouldn’t mind banging my head on the wall if it would benefit the server in : Tactics and Communication.

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Well, from my perspective from playing various games where people guild hopped, and the team pvp was based on guilds rather than servers, it was never a healthy thing for people to dwell on others’ action but rather focus how you can make yourself and the people who were loyal around you better.

I would actually take Rebel up on his offer to help you guys organize. It does appear that BP and DR are disorganized in these two match ups. Which isn’t so much anyone’s fault. Bad stuff happened to BP. But if you install an organized core and have something cohesive to build off then good stuff will begin happening.

Yelling, whining, and cursing those who “betrayed” you really is not an outlook for a bright future. And I hope these two servers can start building up a healthy wvw crew. Maguuma might have to drop down a tier in the future again and play you guys again. And these match ups aren’t fun for any of us involved.

[SU]

in WvW

ParasiTTe.7643

If you can’t see yourself why moving to a server that your old server is currently fighting is “classless” then no amount of reasoning is going to shed any light.

However, I’m one of those half full glass type of dudes so I’ll give it one more try.

Let’s say you take your beloved girlfriend to a company party. She meets your coworkers and your supervisor and is mightily impressed by that supervisor who just seems to be oh so cool. Shortly after the party, she starts to nag about how you aren’t trying hard enough to climb the corporate ladder and how you should be the supervisor and how you’re not living up to people’s expectations. After trying to work things out, she decides to dump you…….

Then the next company get together happens and as always you show up and lo and behold, there she is holding your supervisors hand. She sees you at the party and the only reaction she has for you is, well, none. Hey, she decided to go with your supervisor because she figured “It’s her best fit(until she meets your supervisor’s supervisor)”, but hey…. It’s not “classless” she just decided, out of all the people out there that may be currently better than you, to go with your immediate supervisor. Why not, it’s not like you’d care who she is with or would you?

You just compared a guild switching servers to a kitten ditching a boyfriend for money. And really, why should I care who she is with when she does something like this? You guys insist on saying WäR left because we “wanted to win” but that’s not the case.

But since you decided to use this terrible example and I’m one of those half full glass type of dudes so I’ll give it one more try.

All bad IRL examples aside, WaR put a LOT of effort in WvW that I personally(not talking for the rest of WaR here) felt most other guilds didn’t, i’m not up in leadership or anything but it was quite clear that there was a lot of talking that ended up with nothing being done to get our server to work better, due to either lazyness or people just not knowing how to kittening do it. Again, as I said before, it’s a problem of how Borlis structured themselves, you can’t blame WaR for what is happening to Borlis, we’re a small guild , the problem lies in borlis if one small guild leaving causes such a damage so don’t be mad and blame us if you drop down a tier or whatever, just take the time to build a strong, well organized server, maybe one day you guys will beat the kitten out of WäR, and seriously i’ll personally be happy to see you guys progress.

Phoenix Mask — [VR]
Maguuma

(edited by ParasiTTe.7643)

in WvW

Posted by: Saalis.8052

Saalis.8052

Photo dump incoming! Some fun at BP spawn on Maguuma BL. Cleared the merchants, paid homage to Great Lord Flame Ram, and chilled with some BP. In the last pic, we downed a thief, let him get to about 80% health, took him down to 25%, then repeated this cycle for 8 minutes. Maguuma is losing its mind.

If this is your idea of fun and how you should represent your server while winning in a blowout, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Commander Sastra
[SoCo]
Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Enjoying the unofficial fight club right now. Glad to see some BP can have some fun with us. Maguuma has only lost one of the matches so far.

Tzarazi is still the champ :\

Photo dump incoming! Some fun at BP spawn on Maguuma BL. Cleared the merchants, paid homage to Great Lord Flame Ram, and chilled with some BP. In the last pic, we downed a thief, let him get to about 80% health, took him down to 25%, then repeated this cycle for 8 minutes. Maguuma is losing its mind.

If this is your idea of fun and how you should represent your server while winning in a blowout, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Abloo bloo bloo. I did this while we were losing against a different server too so you can stop being kitten about other people just trying to pass the time in WvW since there’s nothing else to do.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

This thread has so much honoure.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to be devoid of all enjoyment from a video game.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/zB6d6.jpg

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I’m a little sad that DR and BP got the pointy end of the wvw population stick. I hope that our server culture doesn’t change too drastically, too quickly because I like that Maguuma has always been like one giant guild and Mags pubbies are my guild mates.

I don’t like competition blowouts so if DR and BP guys want help with server organization, comm structure and WvW tactics, I’m happy to help out. Its in nobody’s interests when the matches are not fair. This matchup is definitely not fair on DR and BP, who have nevertheless shown real heart against impossible odds.

Purely from my own perspective as a DR grunt, this is how things have seemed to go against Mag and BP:

1. DR and BP both gave Mag a decent run the first weekend, but once it was apparent that Mag was fielding a larger and more experienced team a lot of the more casual WvW’ers on DR seemed to lose interest and fade away. Even I can count dots on a map, and the only way we could keep from getting steamrolled was to consolidate forces in ways that strategically were less than ideal. Not sure what happened on BP, but the fact that I encountered them in fewer places on the map as the week wore on leads me to believe the situation was similar there.

2. Neither DR nor BP have adequate coverage around the clock, and Mag’s ability to take and fortify objectives during off hours is a significant advantage. For DR (or presumably BP) to take a major objective during peak hours, we again have to consolidate forces to the point that we mostly just become aggro for a large Mag rescue squad. Even if the battle itself happens to be more or less even, the objective is unlikely to flip sides. And even if it does change sides, it takes so little effort and resources to starve supplies that upgrading is pretty tough and it becomes easy for Mag to take back later … particularly during off hours.

3. After reset for the second week of this match up, I thought that DR rather significantly attempted to adjust its strategy and tactics for the better, but our numbers are significantly down and it has been really difficult to cope with that. It’s pretty hard for our commanders to formulate, coordinate, and implement any strategy to make the best of what they have to work with when what they have to work with is so variable and uncertain. Just to be clear, this is nobody’s problem other than our own … it simply speaks to where we are as a server. As you say, both DR and BP have shown serious flashes of heart, but it hasn’t been sustainable for either of us.

4. It seems that BP has had their own internal problems this week that have reduced its general effectiveness, and with that has come the ability for Mag to pretty much focus on whichever of us they may want to at their will. That flexibility is pretty powerful, as the current scores show.

Could we be doing better, even with what we have? Certainly. We still lack somewhat in overall coordination and communication, but DR has learned a lot already going up against Mag and in my opinion we’d be putting up a better fight if we simply had more consistent numbers even if they weren’t dramatically larger numbers.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I was totally going to call you out in this thread but you volunteered instead, woohoo. I already sent a guy your way in PM but I dunno if he’ll talk to you or not.

Abloo bloo bloo.

Is this a thing now? Can we make it a thing?

DR has learned a lot already going up against Mag

This is going to sound really, uh, inflammatory, but I’m not really convinced that’s the case…you guys make identical mistakes several times in a row from my experience. I think it would be better if you openly or privately discussed with Rebel, as he offered above, things you could do better. Saying you’ve learned a lot from us is nice, and maybe you personally have, but as a whole, I don’t really know. Maybe it is just a matter of letting it sink in throughout the server, but I am curious: what exactly would you say you’ve learned from us? I can’t resist saying that I hope you learned that walking 10 golems across an entire map is a bad bad idea.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

I too offered help with their defensive strategies too, don’t give that dinner-burning butt my glory! :T

Is this a thing now? Can we make it a thing?

Sure, we’ll need it with all the crying going on in here. May I refer to this again:

We can’t help the numbers we have or the numbers you don’t. We’re just having fun, you should try to as well.

Video games.

Try to find some fun that won’t be looked down upon, k? I honestly am at a loss with that last comment though. We zerg, they mock us, we don’t zerg and find other things to do, they still mock us. Man, winning like this sucks. People just seem so bitter and demoralized on the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

DR has learned a lot already going up against Mag

This is going to sound really, uh, inflammatory, but I’m not really convinced that’s the case…you guys make identical mistakes several times in a row from my experience. I think it would be better if you openly or privately discussed with Rebel, as he offered above, things you could do better. Saying you’ve learned a lot from us is nice, and maybe you personally have, but as a whole, I don’t really know. Maybe it is just a matter of letting it sink in throughout the server, but I am curious: what exactly would you say you’ve learned from us? I can’t resist saying that I hope you learned that walking 10 golems across an entire map is a bad bad idea.

Hhhmmm … I thought that I rather openly admitted that we don’t have great coordination yet, and certainly not from one map to another. I’ve actually agreed with many of your criticisms of DR in the past, but I think it’s a bit beneath you to characterize the entire server based upon particular examples. I’ve seen a couple of pretty illogical actions from occasional (even large) groups of Mag myself, such as attacking isolated and fully fortified objectives with no hope of success and no other apparent value (such as distraction or attrition). I assume that every server has their share of rogue players just out to have some fun or try something different, and while we may have a larger share than some it doesn’t mean that we all are the same.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

The problem that I always saw on DR was that everytime someone “offered” them a server wide comm system….every other week the person offering it would yank it out from under them because of their difference of opinions with the server or whatever lame excuses were the cause. DR needs a non-partisan party to host a server wide comm system for them (someone not on their server or that doesn’t affiliate with WvW) that won’t rip it out from under them everytime they turn around. Maybe this isn’t the case now, but I suspect it still is somewhat. The fact that we have peeps here on Mag that are willing to “help” out without prejudice, someone over there should take that offer up or ask people that you know are from DR originally for their opinions and talk shop (as far as I’m aware there’s a lot of former DR players on Mag).

While I’m new here to Mag (3 weeks in), I totally enjoy the “whole server guild” thing over the “we’re going to force you to play in our alliance or blacklist you” thing, like other servers have problems with. It’s a very nice change of scenery to have so many guilds working with each other, even if some are more trollery than others. The expressions viewed on these forums are not always the same in game nor during WvW matches. To each their own.

And as a reminder….EVERY SERVER has a ZERG. There isn’t one server in this game right now that doesn’t have WvW population problems (low or high). There are many guilds that have transferred to other servers during the same matchup or other tiers and many of the guilds accusing other guilds of being traitorious in this thread have members that have server hopped themselves, so knock it off. It may not be YOU personally, but you have members that have I’m sure. It’s a learning experience to understand other servers and their tactics and to decide if this is where you’re going to stay or move on to next.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Just goes to show what guilds held the server together….

server is fine =) My guild joined BP when the server is in sorry shape because it was the losing sorry shape server =).. it’s more fun to be the underdog.

Heck last night i focused on EB, got the little army, to take back our corner in EB, and bust down SM gates a few times, keep kloven and perma flip, and take the fight to mag, rolling those players in all open field engagments. While being outmanned =)

DR however, is not picking up on the idea of hitting mag instead of constantly hitting durios.

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

Realpost: Despite all the confusing strategies and zergy moments, you guys (and especially DR) are some of the most determined guys we’ve fought in a while. Keep your chins up, and use this as a learning experience for when Ebay winds up in your tier so you can steam roll them like the scrubs they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

if you are going to troll at least get your spelling right.

There are always alternate spellings for words. Such as Zerguuma, Magumbi, etc. Nice job ignoring the entire point to the meme. Here read this and maybe you might realize that you’re trolling poorly

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

Anyway, Bunzi you completely left out the fact that you were in the middle of 30+ people the entire time we were fighting you. Also the fact that you got caught multiple times on a D/D ele, strong work! Whos your guard commander btw? That dude spent the entire fight over extending and then falling over. Was he trying to bait and forgot that his D/D eles spend most of the fight running or did he just keep over extending? I know I spent a lot of those fights swinging at invisible people, Mighty Blow gives like 7+ hits instead of the two people I see

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Here read this and maybe you might realize that you’re trolling poorly

You’re still replying to him, so he’s not, actually.

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Here read this and maybe you might realize that you’re trolling poorly

You’re still replying to him, so he’s not, actually.

I thought the point of a troll was to get me to type in all caps, not ignore him. I actually don’t mind feeding trolls with poisoned troll bait.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Replying to a troll at all give it more power. Any reaction is better than no reaction.

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Replying to a troll at all give it more power. Any reaction is better than no reaction.

Even if it makes the troll look like a bad troll? I’d think that would be better than ignoring it.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way and according to the rules that apply to this forum. You can find more information on those in the rules reminder thread.

(edited by Moderator.3406)