Kaineng / Ferguson / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

You did abandon Kaineng. Unless your using some wierd definition of abandon. You left, that is abandoning. After all the words you gave about sticking it out for the long haul, recruiting a lot of your members from our PvE zones, you took that back to dragonbrand.

I dont nessisarily disagree with your decision, you have to do whats best for your guild. Stop sugarcoating it and pretending you didnt abandon us.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I apologize in advance.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

ET, I really like you guys. I’d like this matchup to continue, the fights have been outrageous. Anyone joining you that you know of to strike some numbers balance? I think you fit in with us and Fergie very well.

Secondly…
The crappy thing about Kaineng’s guild exodus that went on for awhile is that it actually was abandoning the smaller guilds that have been there through it all, the ones not mentioned on the forums in the weekly matchups but were still out there every night feeding your keeps supply that apparently you and only you fought so hard to defend. We might not have had the numbers or coverage because we were smaller, but suddenly we were left high and dry because of the politics of the large guilds who couldn’t play nice with each other or figure out how to balance the game and their lives like adults. THEN people in the smaller guilds stopped playing, because Supply Camp Wars is dirty work and never ends. We’ve adapted since and got some fresh faces and are obviously fine, and I have no anger towards the free will of anyone to play where they want. It has seeded mistrust of transfers in general, but that has yet to be seen if it will affect us negatively. I hope the alliance found the support they were looking for back in DB. My point is, don’t lump me or the other 5-10 man guilds who dedicated everything to supporting you guys in with PUGs and fair weathers and expect me not to be a bit cheesed about the victim complex you all are sporting as if you were the only people on the field.

As Forest Gump would say, that’s all I got to say about that.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

I apologize in advance.

…I refuse to accept your apology in advance?

in WvW

Darek.1836

I understand if you feel that way.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

The crappy thing about Kaineng’s guild exodus that went on for awhile is that it actually was abandoning the smaller guilds that have been there through it all, the ones not mentioned on the forums in the weekly matchups but were still out there every night feeding your keeps supply that apparently you and only you fought so hard to defend. We might not have had the numbers or coverage because we were smaller, but suddenly we were left high and dry because of the politics of the large guilds who couldn’t play nice with each other or figure out how to balance the game and their lives like adults. THEN people in the smaller guilds stopped playing, because Supply Camp Wars is dirty work and never ends. We’ve adapted since and got some fresh faces and are obviously fine, and I have no anger towards the free will of anyone to play where they want. It has seeded mistrust of transfers in general, but that has yet to be seen if it will affect us negatively. I hope the alliance found the support they were looking for back in DB. My point is, don’t lump me or the other 5-10 man guilds who dedicated everything to supporting you guys in with PUGs and fair weathers and expect me not to be a bit cheesed about the victim complex you all are sporting as if you were the only people on the field.

I won’t lie, I feel bad for not really remembering the smaller Guilds. But I can barely remember the bigger ones and generally only do because I see them so often. And to be fair, I was in KAIN before it was big! So technically we were a kinda small Guild when I initially joined. :p

My point is this: Smaller Guilds are the backbone of all Servers, they are the ones in DR truly making them great, they are the ones in Kaineng who’ve kept us in the running this long. The problem is there’s a lot of them, so it’s kinda hard to really properly show you guys appreciation since we can’t really just say “Nicely done KAINENG GUILD NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED TWENTY THREE.” So to all you smaller Guilds that HAVEN’T abandoned us in WvW through thick and thing, thanks.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I understand if you feel that way.

I feel bad for my hasty refusal to accept the apology, but appreciate your understanding and will reconsider whether or not to accept the apology in advance.

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I won’t lie, I feel bad for not really remembering the smaller Guilds. But I can barely remember the bigger ones and generally only do because I see them so often. And to be fair, I was in KAIN before it was big! So technically we were a kinda small Guild when I initially joined. :p

My point is this: Smaller Guilds are the backbone of all Servers, they are the ones in DR truly making them great, they are the ones in Kaineng who’ve kept us in the running this long. The problem is there’s a lot of them, so it’s kinda hard to really properly show you guys appreciation since we can’t really just say “Nicely done KAINENG GUILD NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED TWENTY THREE.” So to all you smaller Guilds that HAVEN’T abandoned us in WvW through thick and thing, thanks.

Naw, it’s not even about the individual recognition, or else we wouldn’t be in small guilds. I mean, I’m not even sporting my guild tag in my sig. I just don’t want people thinking their MegaGuild exists in a void where they are Supreme Doers of All the Things. I like KAIN, you’ve been around for ages and if I recall correctly built from the ground up and were one of the first really organized/sizeable guilds in W3, even while I was still puggin around as a wee level <40. So you know, props and whatnot for actually sticking around when you say you’re gonna. <3

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

You did abandon Kaineng. Unless your using some wierd definition of abandon. You left, that is abandoning. After all the words you gave about sticking it out for the long haul, recruiting a lot of your members from our PvE zones, you took that back to dragonbrand.

I dont nessisarily disagree with your decision, you have to do whats best for your guild. Stop sugarcoating it and pretending you didnt abandon us.

Oh delarme…. we left… becuase we were the ones abandoned. No sugar coating there.

Good to see you all having fun again tho, and happy to see Kaineng will be in tier 7 soon, hats off to you all.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

ET, I really like you guys. I’d like this matchup to continue, the fights have been outrageous. Anyone joining you that you know of to strike some numbers balance? I think you fit in with us and Fergie very well.

Secondly…

there were always very wonderful small guilds on kaineng. And its great to see them back out and fighting. I disagree with some of what you put there…. but such is your opinion you are open to having…. good luck and give’em heck in Tier7 dude!

in WvW

Darek.1836

Apparently [Np] and [Envy] left FC today.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

for the greener pastures of ehmry bay

i gathered chris was complaining about stagnant play and feeling like wvw was a job

dunno why envy left

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Really? That is unfortunate. Sorry to hear that FC.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

With the 2 months I’ve been on FC, us and Envy have turned into a brother/sister type of relationship, haha. We both decided to leave FC since it has no future in this bracket anymore. We can stomp the map during our prime time, but soon we go to sleep the asian army takes over. `

So we are moving on. Good luck to FC.

[One]

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Oh delarme…. we left… becuase we were the ones abandoned. No sugar coating there.

Good to see you all having fun again tho, and happy to see Kaineng will be in tier 7 soon, hats off to you all.

fun again?

I dont remember not having fun. ; )

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

Godslore ~845pm EST. Good show Fergs, the engineer and myself would like to thank you for a nice little battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

Godslore ~845pm EST. Good show Fergs, the engineer and myself would like to thank you for a nice little battle.

edit: looks like you guys want it more than I thought…

in WvW

Posted by: Skulkan.9785

Skulkan.9785

I have seen a number of warm welcomes like this. Thank you. I, for one, am happy to finally be here with you. I’m also pleased to see the overall feel of this thread to be positive and friendly. ET should be no different in this regards.

I am interested to see if we can make a bigger stand once the holidays are over.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

This is a disappointing statement, and I can see the point that people make about SoS. You guys are great and all, but if you’re just going to evaporate again at the first sign of resistance from anywhere, well, that’s just a crappy attitude and we don’t really need fair weather players. Kaineng is better than that. The reason why the DR thread is full of props for FC and Kaineng is because, even when we were outmanned, outgunned, and had no chance of winning, we were still out there taking stuff from them and basically making their life difficult, Che Guevara-style. Well, "we" weren’t - SoS wasn’t a part of that.

Correction, it is not that we leave at the first sign of resistance, it is that we left at the moment we know we’ve lost.

Sure, we could fight to try to make a change.

First week we did, second week we did, third week? forth week? fifth week? sixth week? seventh week? EIGHTH WEEK? No thanks.

You should be fair known that you have lost, and face the fact. Trust me, this takes courage.

Sure, at times, fighting does make a difference, that is if you managed to get ALL to work together. And we did, like when APEX said they were supposedly coming, SoS spend once more entire week trying to hold Kaineng proud, and what did we get? We had like 60k point lead, and DR catches up 30k in JUST one night, and soon like two days later, we just simply got chased over.

This is like I give you 10 mile lead while driving in a Toyota Pirus, and I’ll chase you with a F1 race car. The moment I passed you, you KNOW you’ve lost, as you know no matter how much you try to push, you cannot catch up.

This is the sad fact, and people need to know when they lose, they lose.

Sure, you can try to act and feel like who "fights til the end and die like a hero". This works well with small group of friends and buddies, or even just by yourself alone. But with an ENTIRE army being wiped constantly over and over? That’s not glory, that’s just pure bloodshed massacre, it’s a living hell.

So to all those people who cannot put down their own self pride/ego to accept their defeat, please do not make claims like this.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

(edited by Chaster Sharpshooter.3640)

in WvW

Posted by: moutzaheadin.4029

moutzaheadin.4029

I have a few left over tampons from today’s adventures. Maybe I should send them to you chase sharpshooter, as long as the shipping isn’t to high :p

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

in WvW

Berkut.2837

Now now, let’s play nice all.

@ Chaster: Not sure that Dhampyr interpreted what you said in the same way you meant it Chaster. Not so much of an immature claim, just one that was made with a different interpretation of what you said than what you meant.

in WvW

@Berkut.2837 I have clearly stated to go dig up my previous posts. I have stated countless of times. This is basically a simple chase, tag, and you lose, as the opponent even give you a big lead to let them catch up with. If they cannot learn the lesson in the third week, there’s no point of needing to explain much further. This is more evident in current situation in FC as well. They just gave up fighting, as resistant is futile at this moment.

Oh, just another fun convo I had with someone on the battle field the other day

SomeNewPlayer: Hey, I’m new, what is the best guild in Kaineng?
Me: There are no best guild in Kaineng.
SomeNewPlayer: Not even Kain? KR? SoS? CNB?
Me: Nope, because everyone is equally great.
SomeNewPlayer: But I mean what is the main force for Kaineng?
Me: Everyone that have spend even just one second in WvW is part of the main force.
SomeNewPlayer: Eh, how about what good guild in WvW?
Me: Every guild that are willing to sacrifice their time and effort in WvW, is a good guild.
Me: FOR KAINENG!

And that, is what WvW is all about. Every bit counts. So if you have stepped in WvW in just one second, you should feel proud, even if you did nothing.

SoS has always been in WvW, and I repeat, ALWAYS. We have never had a single moment of complete WvW absence.

Sure, I didn’t make an appearance, but my members sure did.

So if you guys want to use me as a scapegoat ease your anger and pain on a losing war, sure, go ahead. I know what it feels to lose a battle, and they need something that they can cry on about, I don’t mind take on that kind of beating if that’d make you guys feel better.

But bare in mind, SoS will always be around to answer distress call.

in WvW

Lol, on the other hand they are "returning" to their original server. Think of them are here as "visitor" and just took some "souvenirs" back home, lol.

But, yeah, I feel you there Xiir.

Remember the days when we both held hand in hand and celebrated our first victory in Kaineng history in Lion’s Arch? Those days will always be remembered by all of SoS.

in WvW

Berkut.2837

Not sure anyone wants to use you as a scapegoat Chaster >.>

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Correction, it is not that we leave at the first sign of resistance, it is that we left at the moment we know we’ve lost.

Let me reiterate that I do NOT mean to bash on you or on SoS. However, I do think that your definition of “we’ve lost” and my definition of “we’ve lost” are two different things, dude. I think you’re looking at the points tally on the server leaderboard and use that to quantify winning and losing. Personally, I think that’s a bad measure of winning and losing – just to revisit a point that we all know to be true, we’re on tier 8. There are any number of servers above us who would absolutely ROFLstomp Kaineng into the ground, day in, day out, continually.

However, an example of my definition of winning vs losing (and one that I saw time and again) was as a group of 8-10 players, we faced a 25-40 man DR zerg at a chokepoint… through placement of siege and/or tactics, we beat them back and hold them. Even if it is temporary, that feeling of victory is what keeps me in WvW, and players with that same attitude on both FC and Kaineng (along with ET, you guys are fun too!) are the reason why you can go to the DR thread and find post after post admiring FC and Kaineng. It’s definitely not because we won on points. It’s because even when we were getting unavoidably destroyed points-wise, we were still taking towers, taking camps, and kicking those DR bastids (haha really, love you DR guys cos I know you still read these forums and miss us) out of stuff. Did we lose quite a few battles? Absolutely. The key question is, though, were we defeated? Absolutely not.

So, I can understand your definition of defeat and losing. I just don’t agree with it.

Edit: And thanks for clarifying the fact that you guys don’t mind opposing competition. I misunderstood your first post and took that from it (“If I can’t win, I don’t play”).

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

With the 2 months I’ve been on FC, us and Envy have turned into a brother/sister type of relationship, haha. We both decided to leave FC since it has no future in this bracket anymore. We can stomp the map during our prime time, but soon we go to sleep the asian army takes over. `

The reason we have issues is because guilds like yourself come to our server and farm players and leave. You know what I’m glad you and “your” guild left i’m tired of guilds like yours that just bounce servers you will leave your next server soon enough.

On top of that Chris you only run in zergs and if you don’t have the numbers or you feel you are going to lose you bounce maps anyways.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

(edited by scooby treat.8420)

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

Long story short. Tier 8 was boring for a very long time. It was either completely dead with nothing to do, or such massive unfightable zergs, there was also nothing much to do.
We enjoyed ferg, and the people there, truly. In the end though, a boring tier is still boring.

A number of our members were even going inactive due to this endless circle. We left to find active WvW

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Edit: And thanks for clarifying the fact that you guys don’t mind opposing competition. I misunderstood your first post and took that from it (“If I can’t win, I don’t play”).

Let me add more to this, take a quote from StormWolf.7645

The way I read it said to me “If I see no chance of actual victory, I see no point in letting my people get demoralized by fighting a lost battle.” Because of this view, SOS was able to continue fighting long into the pointless no-win fight against DR and helped out so many of us when they were around. They simply were not trying to win, they were just having fun.

That’s the thing. SoS is known for zerg, we are known for our massive angry army. If I were to summon a group like this, that means we better have some pretty results from it, or else don’t do it. Bare in mind, as StormWolf.7645, and myself has been constantly repeat over and over, we, the SoS guild, is a PvE guild. Not everyone is inclined to participate in a massacre and die to a crazy war that practically gives little to no reward in PvE realm (I know the world buff, but that’s too little)

This is the trick to control zerg:

1. Get them motivated
2. Get them grouped up
3. Let them feel powerful
4. Lead to strike any easy target to build up more morale and confident

But the biggest advantage of zerg is also the biggest weakness.

Once the central core has been shattered (eg: having sense of fear, felling powerless), the zerg will suddenly lose all purpose and scatter.

Trust me, by that time, it will be VERY hard to pull them back and get them motivated back in WvW again.

That’s why as most of you guys might know, we, the SoS guild, does A LOT of server-wide events, this gets them motivated, and get them group up.

Then you rampage through the PvE monsters, stomping them, having fun, get them feel powerful.

And then we go on to tearing down world boss, which is slightly more challenging, yet still easy when facing a group of zerg, builds them morale, and confident that the zerg can still mean something.

So you can say that me withdrawing most of my people (with the exceptions of those who really loves WvW and don’t mind dying), is just store up energy for another day.

You see, if you look up at thenoobler.7540 post above, I’d say that IS what burned out all about. Putting in too much effort than the rest of us, (which I really appreciated, even I cannot put in that much contribution xD), but at the same time, it was a shame that thenoobler.7540 cannot put down his pride and take a rest off the battle field.

When you have too much pride on yourself, you are stranded, stressed, feel pressured, and will always be the targetted scapegoat, which in turns, give you more pressure, alongside with frustration, not just to you, but to everyone who are under the same guild tag as you.

Rest is just to walk further. Remember that.

in WvW

Posted by: Skarloc.2569

Skarloc.2569

Long story short. Tier 8 was boring for a very long time. It was either completely dead with nothing to do, or such massive unfightable zergs, there was also nothing much to do.
We enjoyed ferg, and the people there, truly. In the end though, a boring tier is still boring.

A number of our members were even going inactive due to this endless circle. We left to find active WvW

What really happened was that Balidor had a fling with another guy that went sour, so we’re now forced to leave to avoid drama. It’s been fun everyone.

[PAXA] Skarllok – 80 Mesmer/ Skarrlloc – 80 Guardian
[FUN] [FUN II] [Jonathan Taylor Thomas] – DAoC, WoW, WAR

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The only reason Ferg was even competitive in the first place was because of these two guilds…..

Guess I’ll go somewhere else.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

…Stop telling people about me and Balidore! It hurts too much! :’(

in WvW

The reason we have issues is because guilds like yourself come to our server and farm players and leave. You know what I’m glad you and “your” guild left i’m tired of guilds like yours that just bounce servers you will leave your next server soon enough.

On top of that Chris you only run in zergs and if you don’t have the numbers or you feel you are going to lose you bounce maps anyways.

On the brighter side, those who did follow guilds like that, now have a happier WvW realm, and more activities. Shouldn’t you be happy for those FC brothers that left?

At least for my lost veteran SoS members, I’m happy for them now that they have found a better place to enjoy WvW to their heart’s content.

Sure, it saddens me, but do not turn that sadness into unreasonable hate.

Now, as to Chris zerg and bounce map just because he found resistant? I’d say some people doesn’t quite get it, eh?

Fighting over 5 hours trying to cap a SM worth 35 points and still fail at the end, vs spending 2 hours and easily cap 3 of enemy’s keep in their BL and secure it for three hours? I’d always vote on the latter choice, as it is both wise, and efficient.

WvW is a game about capture and securing the POINTS, not just hanging your guild emblem over some egotistical iconic symbol like SM. If you still hasn’t got this part figured out, go learn more about WvW before saything things like that.

I have always told people, LET IT GO, primary target is primary, sure, enemy is knocking on their own keep in EB while we are attacking on another target, just let them take it, and stop crying over it just because it had your guild tag over it.

Reason?

1. Our current primary target is more valuable than the sacrificed target?
(EG: taking down a defense-less fully upgraded keep before the enemy could respond)
2. Wooden walls/gates are easy to break down
(Since there’s no way you can instant upgrade it to max in less than 30 min)
3. If we had managed to take it down while in fully upgraded state, there no way we can’t take it down at tier 1 mode
(I don’t need to explain this one, do I?)
4. Just to kitten you off because you called names in map/team chat, and not trying to understand.
(You so deserved it)

And that’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: vicelicious.3407

vicelicious.3407

For real? What are you smoking. Pass it around please.

FC spends most of the time outmanned (even on our BL lately) – Agreed? Yup!
Chris camps wvw like his kitten was glued to a dolyaks left nostril.

Chris bounces the map when we’re outnumbered? In that case he wouldn’t have been on any maps to start with.

Don’t over generalise and get off your high horse.

Chukie :D
Ebay Asura Thief

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Chris bounces the map when we’re outnumbered? In that case he wouldn’t have been on any maps to start with.

I heard Chris likes to eat his Dolyaks raw with milk all while square dancing to “You can dance if you want to!” and claiming 15 Keeps simultaneously on the same Map. He does this right?

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

My high horse? Is ferg not hurting because of guilds just jumping? YEP! Also yes he does bounce maps when he is losing why don’t you get off your high horse i’m guessing you must be in NP or ENVY. I’m not talking about Ferg home map because thats where the “zerg” was. He would come to another map until the zerg would die and then jump maps.

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

On the brighter side, those who did follow guilds like that, now have a happier WvW realm, and more activities. Shouldn’t you be happy for those FC brothers that left?

At least for my lost veteran SoS members, I’m happy for them now that they have found a better place to enjoy WvW to their heart’s content.

Sure, it saddens me, but do not turn that sadness into unreasonable hate.

Now, as to Chris zerg and bounce map just because he found resistant? I’d say some people doesn’t quite get it, eh?

Fighting over 5 hours trying to cap a SM worth 35 points and still fail at the end, vs spending 2 hours and easily cap 3 of enemy’s keep in their BL and secure it for three hours? I’d always vote on the latter choice, as it is both wise, and efficient.

WvW is a game about capture and securing the POINTS, not just hanging your guild emblem over some egotistical iconic symbol like SM. If you still hasn’t got this part figured out, go learn more about WvW before saything things like that.

I have always told people, LET IT GO, primary target is primary, sure, enemy is knocking on their own keep in EB while we are attacking on another target, just let them take it, and stop crying over it just because it had your guild tag over it.

Reason?

1. Our current primary target is more valuable than the sacrificed target?
(EG: taking down a defense-less fully upgraded keep before the enemy could respond)
2. Wooden walls/gates are easy to break down
(Since there’s no way you can instant upgrade it to max in less than 30 min)
3. If we had managed to take it down while in fully upgraded state, there no way we can’t take it down at tier 1 mode
(I don’t need to explain this one, do I?)
4. Just to kitten you off because you called names in map/team chat, and not trying to understand.
(You so deserved it)

And that’s all.

so number 1 I’m not going to spend 5 hours trying to take SM you have no idea who I am I usually run with a group of 3 to 5 and take camps and take towers from time to time. I would hear some people cry from time to time in map chat saying “if only chris was here!” When I did see him show up in a map I was in he would bring a zerg of people with him and he would zerg everything until that zerg “died” and then jump ship to another map usually back to fergs home map where the “zerg” was. I have been on this server from the head start and have watched guilds come in WvW saying Join NP or Join SANC only to jump ship soon after. Should I be happy for them? Why should I be happy for a group of people that jump when it gets tough? I have no respect for those people and if you do then you are one of those people as well.

in WvW

so number 1 I’m not going to spend 5 hours trying to take SM you have no idea who I am I usually run with a group of 3 to 5 and take camps and take towers from time to time. I would hear some people cry from time to time in map chat saying "if only chris was here!" When I did see him show up in a map I was in he would bring a zerg of people with him and he would zerg everything until that zerg "died" and then jump ship to another map usually back to fergs home map where the "zerg" was. I have been on this server from the head start and have watched guilds come in WvW saying Join NP or Join SANC only to jump ship soon after. Should I be happy for them? Why should I be happy for a group of people that jump when it gets tough? I have no respect for those people and if you do then you are one of those people as well.

*shrugs* I’ve been here in Kaineng since day 1, I’ve witnessed LaZy, War, iSpy, noQQ, and many others jumped server, and taking more and more people away from Kaineng. Heck, even MY OWN GUILDMATE is taking people away from MY GUILD IN KAINENG to JQ or some other servers. Do I hate them? no. It’s just that people have different goals, and instead swear at them for abandoning you here, you should give them the best wishes on their safe journey in the future.

And as one of the biggest zerg leader in Kaineng, I’ll tell you this, zerg = upgrade wiper. The greatest strength of zerg is that it can take down things fast. But that is also their biggest weakness - they are waaaayyyyyy too crowded. A few nicely placed arrow carts + ballistas can easily hold of a large size of zerg anytime. When a zerg found a reasonable resistance, the leader should instantly be aware the fact that further more charging could mean leading the group to a death trap, and should avoid it at all cost. On top of that ,the zerg has already dealt quite a bit of damage to the enemy to focus their attention on re-capping + repairing all the post-war damage. which opens up more window of attack where zerg can be placed in better use. And once the re-cap + repair was done, and all the forces that were originally focusing on the repair/recap would then start look for targets to destroy/secure, that’s the time when zerg can come back in and sweep everything again, as wooden gates/walls are easy to take down with the force of a zerg.

Sure, some of you can say, then all you are doing is Karma train. Yes, and that is almost correct. But the correct term is, know what is your group, take advantage of your group, and abuse it to maximum.

You don’t use V3 rocket to kill infantry, and you don’t use heavy armored tanks to scout in forest. Each type has their specific role, so stick to it.

Just because you don’t zerg, and you found divide and conquer works well, that doesn’t mean others has to play the same tactic as you do.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

To the poster above me, Kaineng was not here since day one. Three more servers were added a few days into release.

in WvW

Draygo.9473

I find defending with a handful of people and some properly placed siege all you need to do to stall even the largest of forces.

With 5 people, I can make you build trebs. I find 6-7 people ideal for zerg stalling in towers. Problem is most people in WvW have no idea how to place and operate siege with the goal of stalling an attacking force. (effective stall is preventing ram placement, then having something to counter range siege options like catapults with your own catapult).

It seems like fergs morale is at an all time low. I feel for you guys, i really do. Hang in there we will jump up to T7 in about two weeks at this rate (and the rate HoD is falling).

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

This is the trick to control zerg:

1. Get them motivated
2. Get them grouped up
3. Let them feel powerful
4. Lead to strike any easy target to build up more morale and confident

But the biggest advantage of zerg is also the biggest weakness.

Once the central core has been shattered (eg: having sense of fear, felling powerless), the zerg will suddenly lose all purpose and scatter.

I can’t argue with you – everything you say is truth. You absolutely want to attack where the enemy is weak. The thing is, that stuff works great when the pastures are green. Points-wise, we’re destroying FC and ET, but that’s really just a numbers game and many bouts of PvDoor. When it comes to equal force on equal force, the result is often a coin toss.

If we keep cruising like this, we’re going to end up in T7. Although I bet DR moves to T6 before we get there, can you imagine facing them again with that strategy – meaning there aren’t any easy pickings anywhere and you have to fight for every single camp/tower/keep? The zerg you talk about will get wiped and quit. It’s just plain better to have quality players that understand siege, understand tactics, and have the heart to deal with heavy resistance than to have a mob.

I’ll tell you (from my experience anyway), DR zergs didn’t seem similar to the zerg you discuss here. They flank, they ambush, and although you can stall them, they don’t quit. That’s why they ate us alive when they were down here, and why I think DR will continue to advance. I’d hate to see Kaineng start to get on its feet, start to advance, and then fail miserably because our folks can’t handle a difficult fight.

I think you may be underestimating some of the folks you have – this past week, I’ve played side by side with quite a few of you guys, and I’ve always come away with a feeling that your guys are pretty dang good. I’d hate to see that talent and strength melt at a hint of adversity.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I can’t argue with you – everything you say is truth. You absolutely want to attack where the enemy is weak. The thing is, that stuff works great when the pastures are green. Points-wise, we’re destroying FC and ET, but that’s really just a numbers game and many bouts of PvDoor. When it comes to equal force on equal force, the result is often a coin toss.

If we keep cruising like this, we’re going to end up in T7. Although I bet DR moves to T6 before we get there, can you imagine facing them again with that strategy – meaning there aren’t any easy pickings anywhere and you have to fight for every single camp/tower/keep? The zerg you talk about will get wiped and quit. It’s just plain better to have quality players that understand siege, understand tactics, and have the heart to deal with heavy resistance than to have a mob.

I’ll tell you (from my experience anyway), DR zergs didn’t seem similar to the zerg you discuss here. They flank, they ambush, and although you can stall them, they don’t quit. That’s why they ate us alive when they were down here, and why I think DR will continue to advance. I’d hate to see Kaineng start to get on its feet, start to advance, and then fail miserably because our folks can’t handle a difficult fight.

I think you may be underestimating some of the folks you have – this past week, I’ve played side by side with quite a few of you guys, and I’ve always come away with a feeling that your guys are pretty dang good. I’d hate to see that talent and strength melt at a hint of adversity.

I have crushed many a DR Zerg, and when I did there was a few things I always kept in mind:
1) TARGET THE COMMANDER. This was always required because a DR Zerg without a Commander is basically destroyed.
2) The first time you defeat a DR Zerg they will lose about 25% of their Zerg, the other 75% will come back hard and fast to try and slam you down.
3) The second time you beat a DR Zerg it actually seems to just irk them off, they only lose like 5-10% of their people.
4) The third time you beat them the DR Zergs tend to crumble. They will retreat from the map and just leave small groups of skilled folks behind to annoy you.

The reason DR Zergs are dangerous is their Commanders who are well organized and work well together. If you can disrupt that communication, you can beat them much much easier. The reason why Chaster’s Zergs are so powerful is how cohesive his groups are, Chaster’s people lack individual strength and as such will likely get crushed most of the time if they are separated from the group. BUT…when they are in a group, they stick together and follow the directives Chaster issues. This is VERY powerful in a setting where “PUG Zergs” are the standard affair.

This is the reason I consider SoS to be one of the most powerful forces I have yet to see, this is also why I think that every time they get on for WvW EB will turn the color of Kaineng.

in WvW

vicelicious.3407

[/quote]

My high horse? Is ferg not hurting because of guilds just jumping? YEP! Also yes he does bounce maps when he is losing why don’t you get off your high horse i’m guessing you must be in NP or ENVY. I’m not talking about Ferg home map because thats where the “zerg” was. He would come to another map until the zerg would die and then jump maps.[/quote]

I’ve been with FC since the first few days the server existed. I was here way before NP came. From when we were the actual zerg server, mobbing every single map. To after the whipping we had in T7 caused a massive migration. When Sanct and Bladie’s guild running the show. I was still here when they left.

Before NP came to our server, post-T7 rapefest, our WVW was a DEAD zone, with small clusters of people putting up resistance. Kinda like now really.

I ,for one, appreciated the energy and morale boost NP and Chris brought to the server. I for one, started WVWing again because he and NP made us feel like we had a fighting chance. I’m sure others felt the same, but I’ll not generalise.

You wanna go all, oh! Chris only comes on with a Zerg behind? I’ve been in an out of WVW all week, as quite frankly Kain’s numbers are overwhelming, plus unlike DR, they actually seem to know what they’re doing.

Still I log on to see a few people who haven’t given up, trying to take on impossible numbers. About 5 – 10 of us on our own map. Versus easily 30+ Kain.

Chris was there. Np was there. Envy was there. Were you?

Also, you’re saying that the Ferg home map is where the ‘zerg’ is? That’s just plain disrespectful to people who stay on our map to defend. And wow, our zerg of 10 people last nite was awesome!

And yes. I’m in Np. And for that same reason, I’ve run with NP and Chris enough to know the reasons for map hopping. Going back to defend the home map. Hitting another map which is under defended. Facing over whelming numbers after trying for too long.

I joined NP, not because of Chris. I’m there because I like PVPing and they were the most active guild I saw in WVW. Because I like the people in NP.

Also, you make it sound like guilds hop servers to gain members. Fact of the matter is, the players you gain from hopping might not even cover the players that decide not to follow you to a new server.

I for one, haven’t decided if I want to move with NP or stay on with FC.

If you wanna hate, by all means. But at least give credit and hate with a reason.

Cheers.

Ebay Asura Thief

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

so number 1 I’m not going to spend 5 hours trying to take SM you have no idea who I am I usually run with a group of 3 to 5 and take camps and take towers from time to time. I would hear some people cry from time to time in map chat saying “if only chris was here!” When I did see him show up in a map I was in he would bring a zerg of people with him and he would zerg everything until that zerg “died” and then jump ship to another map usually back to fergs home map where the “zerg” was. I have been on this server from the head start and have watched guilds come in WvW saying Join NP or Join SANC only to jump ship soon after. Should I be happy for them? Why should I be happy for a group of people that jump when it gets tough? I have no respect for those people and if you do then you are one of those people as well.

shrugs I’ve been here in Kaineng since day 1, I’ve witnessed LaZy, War, iSpy, noQQ, and many others jumped server, and taking more and more people away from Kaineng. Heck, even MY OWN GUILDMATE is taking people away from MY GUILD IN KAINENG to JQ or some other servers. Do I hate them? no. It’s just that people have different goals, and instead swear at them for abandoning you here, you should give them the best wishes on their safe journey in the future.

And as one of the biggest zerg leader in Kaineng, I’ll tell you this, zerg = upgrade wiper. The greatest strength of zerg is that it can take down things fast. But that is also their biggest weakness – they are waaaayyyyyy too crowded. A few nicely placed arrow carts + ballistas can easily hold of a large size of zerg anytime. When a zerg found a reasonable resistance, the leader should instantly be aware the fact that further more charging could mean leading the group to a death trap, and should avoid it at all cost. On top of that ,the zerg has already dealt quite a bit of damage to the enemy to focus their attention on re-capping + repairing all the post-war damage. which opens up more window of attack where zerg can be placed in better use. And once the re-cap + repair was done, and all the forces that were originally focusing on the repair/recap would then start look for targets to destroy/secure, that’s the time when zerg can come back in and sweep everything again, as wooden gates/walls are easy to take down with the force of a zerg.

Sure, some of you can say, then all you are doing is Karma train. Yes, and that is almost correct. But the correct term is, know what is your group, take advantage of your group, and abuse it to maximum.

You don’t use V3 rocket to kill infantry, and you don’t use heavy armored tanks to scout in forest. Each type has their specific role, so stick to it.

Just because you don’t zerg, and you found divide and conquer works well, that doesn’t mean others has to play the same tactic as you do.

lol no you weren’t there since the start of kaineng so stop pretending chaster
SoS joining the server and running karma trains / being generally useless was one of the reasons we left ha

how is the pve in FC? I’ve heard it was bad or we’d come over and give you a hand

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

vicelicious.3407

I’ve only visited EBay for like a week once. One of the reasons for that was my brother saying the PVE in FC is… well… not great….

So I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions

Ebay Asura Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

Wow FC, sorry about this. Truthfully we at kain know how that feels. Also regarding asian army. I’m online when they are not…taking small groups around keeping our BL capped and moving into other territory capping. So this “asian army” is not the ones doing all the work. Surely SoS is large and when they are on they do take what ever is left, but just because that guild is large and outnumbers in their time zone does not mean they’re going to take it easy on other servers. That makes no sense. Whenever I roam around taking things 8 out of 10 NO ONE IS DEFENDING! Also SoS is kain, people need to stop basically referring to them as their own server. The members are all kain members…they just wear the SoS tag if its not SoS it would just be some other tag, online joining whichever commander happens to be online taking stuff over. Other servers should not use this and quit wvw or take you’re guild and move. Kain and FC were severely outnumbered by DR…although it seemed Kain was targeted more then FC (idk just how I felt, and many others) yet MOST of us didn’t give up…we put up as much as a fight as we could. So for you guilds in all servers who leave when the going gets tough…you may now be part of a different server, perhaps a winning server…but you’re not a winner where ever you go! You’re abandoning you’re original server because things get rough, I only hope which ever server you leave rises up and one day goes against which ever server you move to and dominates you!

Finally to FC and ET, Kain server knows we outnumber you both. Yet, this doesn’t mean were going to back down. One thing I have seen though is MOST are not bragging about winning, because we do know we have an advantage. Don’t give up because of this fact. Let’s make it as fun as possible with what we can. We don’t want to be like other ppl who outnumber servers and brag or act big headed.

Envy I’m sad your leaving..you guys have some really good PvPers. It was always fun running into you guys. I don’t think you guys should leave FC just because its hard right now, but who am I to say not to. Hopefully you’ll reconsider.

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

(edited by Ashuri.1387)

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Amazing. Just amazing.

As some of you may already know, Tier 8 is under an ENORMOUS spotlight at the moment… there are a lot of people giving the “lil’server that could” a second look.

Kaineng used to be server that could eat a bowl of carpet tacks, and then with bleeding gums, thank you kindly for the iron supplement. Now you are bickering like toddlers that can’t decide who’s “it” — <boggle>!

If this kind of backstabbing and cannibalism is happening in the GW2 forums, what must it be like on the Kaineng server website? Do you engage in this level of fratricide in your server VOIP or do you reserve the self-loathing bitterness for here?

There might have been a time when you could frolic about showing the neighbors your sibling’s dirty underwear. But, you’re not that cute little runt of the litter anymore.

Sort out your growing pains.

If it helps, I make a fine target for your misdirected resentments. But kitten get your kitten together and be the change you want to see… you are after all, about to be a winner. Start acting like a winner. You’re likely to begin winning a lot…

What’s the score?

in WvW

Posted by: Zyk.3597

Zyk.3597

Mmm. How long is it going to take for Kaineng to go up? I’m wondering if wuvwuv on FC will even survive losing most of our already-meagre force, or if it’ll end up like September-era Devona’s Rest…

I’m not keen on the idea of server hopping, but I’m starting to wonder if the off-peak hours that I tend to play at will have any other Fergs on…

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

I’ve been with FC since the first few days the server existed. I was here way before NP came. From when we were the actual zerg server, mobbing every single map. To after the whipping we had in T7 caused a massive migration. When Sanct and Bladie’s guild running the show. I was still here when they left.

Before NP came to our server, post-T7 rapefest, our WVW was a DEAD zone, with small clusters of people putting up resistance. Kinda like now really.

I ,for one, appreciated the energy and morale boost NP and Chris brought to the server. I for one, started WVWing again because he and NP made us feel like we had a fighting chance. I’m sure others felt the same, but I’ll not generalise.

You wanna go all, oh! Chris only comes on with a Zerg behind? I’ve been in an out of WVW all week, as quite frankly Kain’s numbers are overwhelming, plus unlike DR, they actually seem to know what they’re doing.

Still I log on to see a few people who haven’t given up, trying to take on impossible numbers. About 5 – 10 of us on our own map. Versus easily 30+ Kain.

Chris was there. Np was there. Envy was there. Were you?

Also, you’re saying that the Ferg home map is where the ‘zerg’ is? That’s just plain disrespectful to people who stay on our map to defend. And wow, our zerg of 10 people last nite was awesome!

And yes. I’m in Np. And for that same reason, I’ve run with NP and Chris enough to know the reasons for map hopping. Going back to defend the home map. Hitting another map which is under defended. Facing over whelming numbers after trying for too long.

I joined NP, not because of Chris. I’m there because I like PVPing and they were the most active guild I saw in WVW. Because I like the people in NP.

Also, you make it sound like guilds hop servers to gain members. Fact of the matter is, the players you gain from hopping might not even cover the players that decide not to follow you to a new server.

I for one, haven’t decided if I want to move with NP or stay on with FC.

If you wanna hate, by all means. But at least give credit and hate with a reason.

Cheers.

[/quote]
You know what I probably wasn’t on our BL and you want to know why? Chris is why and I will tell you. When NP first came I was happy that we finally at least got some WvW players. I even sent him mail that said hey thanks for joining Ferg you brought up the spirits of what little WvW we have left and welcome to FC. You know what? Not even a response. That guy has such a huge EGO he doesn’t know where to put it all but I can tell him where it can go. That was the first week or so that NP was there after that I was like whatever at least we have more players to help out WvW.

After watching a mindless zerg run around and breaking up and him switching maps when it broke I was like whatever and just tried to stay out of any map that dude was on. Once you guys went all out on our BL i just stopped going there and stayed in DRBL, KBL, or EB (I would go to FCBL later at night when most people go to bed). From then on I would see him pop in a map with a zerg in tow ninja a bunch of stuff until DR or kain zerg would come and break our zerg and he would split. Many times we were doing ok too, talking on the map, taking a couple towers, only to have it destroyed by chris and the zerg because the players we did have on the map ran with the zerg. Not only did it break all communication we had on the map it brought a large enemy zerg onto the map where our small forces could no longer handle it. our 15 to 20 force that was on the map before the zerg would then turn into 5 people and a large enemy force. Many times they would just take everything and then leave a small force behind but it would just destroy everything that was worked for before all that. I guess maybe I have a different view on how an attack should be and running at the first sign of touble isn’t one of them.

I had a feeling NP would just get players and bounce and that is just what happened. I see a new smaller guild WZ now in ferg this week spamming to recruit and I hope they don’t do the same in a couple of weeks. We have had many guilds leave it all started when the server first opened and we would go from owning everything to getting owned every other week it seemed like. We were fighing servers with either no WvW or thats all they did was WvW.

So anyhow NP and ENVY by all means leave i can’t stop you and no one on FC can stop you. I will go down with the same ship a started on. I am the same in real life that I am in the game when it comes to stuff like that. I am not a coward I don’t care if you are 6’10" 300 pounds I will still fight. I might not win but I don’t run like a coward.

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

One more thing I wanted to say I remember back when I saw my first commander Icon. A guardian and guild leader for IC Tomnus (I think thats how he spelled his name). He would charge into a sea of enemies by himself and many times live to tell the tale. I remember watching him and many times it would make me smile I would tell my good friend “there goes good old Tomnus again hehe”. I was sad to hear when IC decided to move off our server back then. Maybe Tomnus is why I will charge a zerg and try to bust out some sweet dance moves before I get dropped.

in WvW

thenoobler.7540

Lol, on the other hand they are “returning” to their original server. Think of them are here as “visitor” and just took some “souvenirs” back home, lol.

But, yeah, I feel you there Xiir.

Remember the days when we both held hand in hand and celebrated our first victory in Kaineng history in Lion’s Arch? Those days will always be remembered by all of SoS.

Chaster is one of the nicest, friendliest and most helpful people i have ever encountered in an MMO.

Why on earth people in this thread from Kaineng feel the need to berate him is beyond comprehension.

Chaster’s ingame behaviour is part of the heart and soul of Kaineng while I was there. SoS is always doing toursof zones, opening up temples in orr for people, throwing down poral for jumping puzzles woth wvw and pve jumping puzzles.

Ya Chaster, we did… lol was a great victory in a 3way brawl before DR got huge influx of numbers and skewed the matchup. We worked hard for it and will always remember it…. too bad we didnt ever get any more population into Kaineng after that win, oh well.

Maybe catch ya again one day Chaster!

Seems some Darkhaven guilds are leaving en masse from DH…. they may end up
on Kaineng never know.