Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

There’s a running joke in the guild that no one’s allowed to die in wvw because if they do it’ll get screenshotted or recorded and posted on the forums.

I could pick apart the video, but what’s the point? You know how to set up a 5v5 with OG, but you won’t. You know exactly what will happen, just like every other guild that has posted a questionable video then flatly refused to have a real fight.

show me on the quaggan plushy where they touched you.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Just so people are clear on this.

Any fight that OG wins is a real fight. Any fight that OG loses is not a real fight.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Any fight that OG wins is a real fight. Any fight that OG loses is not a real fight.

Why does anyone bother stating something like this? No matter what PvP forum I’ve been on, this is the case 95% of the time. Can we start a new formula, because I’m getting seriously bored with:

Here’s a pick of a fight. We owned.
That wasn’t a real fight. You’re lying about the context.
You always say it wasn’t a real fight when you lose.

Heck, even the stupid unicorn discussion is more interesting…

;-)

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

And video is never taken because no one is worthy of it. I don’t get why nobody seems to understand this.

Also, I thought OG was gone the last few days because the Anet dev’s were asking their advice for new class builds and traits.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Why does anyone bother stating something like this? No matter what PvP forum I’ve been on, this is the case 95% of the time. Can we start a new formula, because I’m getting seriously bored with:

Here’s a pick of a fight. We owned.
That wasn’t a real fight. You’re lying about the context.
You always say it wasn’t a real fight when you lose.

Heck, even the stupid unicorn discussion is more interesting…

;-)

Actually, sometimes there is mutual respect between rivals and they congratulate the other side whether they win or lose. It’s actually happened in this thread a few times.

You’ll get a hell of a lot more respect doing that than how OG behaves.

Now, me? Personally, I just love insulting people with self-inflated egos.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Rivals? Can’t have rivals unless there’s competition.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

Rivals? Can’t have rivals unless there’s competition.

[OG] Original Grubstars is the best roaming group on Maguuma. 47-0 right now. We’ve killed the big grub, the minnie grub, the tree. No losses.

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Actually, sometimes there is mutual respect between rivals and they congratulate the other side whether they win or lose. It’s actually happened in this thread a few times.

You’ll get a hell of a lot more respect doing that than how OG behaves.

Yeah… That’s why I said 95%. Of course, as they say… 83% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

I like the cut of your gib.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Gibbing usually entails explosions, not cutting.

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

I keep reading posts from this OG guild but I’ve never met them…until tonight. Here’s a vid of our encounter. (NB: My guild has almost no spvp/tpvp players and certainly makes no claims about being good at roaming fights).

Initially 4 FA vs 5 Maguuma. After we retook our supply camp it was 5 FA vs 6 Maguuma (it’s hard to tell if they had more as they kept spreading out, but you can certainly see at least these tags — 3 OG + MUG + SKIL + PXP).

My main concern during this entire video was retaking our supply camp. TBH, I can’t see any justification to the claims that Maguuma’s roaming gankers are any better than FA or Dragonbrand players.

I clearly saw two OG in the video, certainly not a roaming party and certainly not enough to make up for 5v2 og and up lvls that i continuously saw. also randoms floated in and out from FA the entire fight.

I think your confusing the mesmers clones from OG that you continuously targeted as counting for more OG than there actually was. Aside from aoe you had next to zero single target abilities so dont act like you where the person downing people with 2k hits here and there, 90% of the fight you wher on clones, the other 10% the thief that 4 other players where also having troubles killing lol.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

(edited by Mike.7320)

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

@Loki.4139

Nicely timed screenshot there. Right after the rest of your zerg leaves and just moments before we realized that and crushed the few of you silly enough to stick around.

You mean the other three people? That’s not a zerg .-.

anyway, nice little trick.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

There will come a time when a Mag thread won’t become Bunzy’d.

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Is that the fourth sign of the apocalypse?

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Cant believe we are leaving the grudge tier

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

@Loki.4139

Nicely timed screenshot there. Right after the rest of your zerg leaves and just moments before we realized that and crushed the few of you silly enough to stick around.

No he means the 30 people behind you running the other way while you whack mindlessly at the invulnerable zone.

EDIT: Sorry, I see that your minimap is conveniently zoomed in all the way, preventing inquiring minds from seeing the 30 people in camp just 2 screens back.

(edited by Rennoko.5731)

in WvW

Loki.4139

@Loki.4139

No he means the 30 people behind you running the other way while you whack mindlessly at the invulnerable zone.

EDIT: Sorry, I see that your minimap is conveniently zoomed in all the way, preventing inquiring minds from seeing the 30 people in camp just 2 screens back.

Except there wasn’t any.
There was less than 10 of us. all at the supply.
Good try though

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Sepsis.1564

Sepsis.1564

more drama please…

Elementalist Warrior Mesmer
Bush Hog [OINK] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Cant believe we are leaving the grudge tier

FA is what makes this tier the grudge tier. We aren’t leaving it, it’s coming with us to tier 2!

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Good stuff in Reddit thread.

Maps need to be bigger and they need a reason to spread out the players on maps better too. I like the idea of the ellimination of swords that has been mentioned a million times. Subtle stat progression would be great, too.

We shall see what the patch brings.. Hopefully they’er listening!

Edit – Doh wrong thread!

ROAM | Oink | TLP

in WvW

Rennoko.5731

Except there wasn’t any.
Good try though

Pretty sure the guys on our side got some good footage from that fighting whenever they decide to upload it, should clear up this little discrepancy. But honestly, your camp was flooded with people for an hour, and we had about 6 towards the back side of the camp. When that screen shot took place, your folks had actually cleared back up the hill to the north of the camp to build siege (to defend against the other team zerg pushing in the front).

Honestly its not skin off my nose. I don’t really view this any different than hiding in the corner at north camp, which has happened frenquently this week. These spots border the safe zone, and if your insatiable bloodlust forces you to chase people into them, fell free to hand over your badges at no risk.

The intelligent folks on your side sat on the siege in the camp and prevented us from taking the camp for quite a while instead of face-rolling into us at the back of the camp. Being a commander I would think you would know better.

in WvW

Loki.4139

Except there wasn’t any.
Good try though

Pretty sure the guys on our side got some good footage from that fighting whenever they decide to upload it, should clear up this little discrepancy. But honestly, your camp was flooded with people for an hour, and we had about 6 towards the back side of the camp. When that screen shot took place, your folks had actually cleared back up the hill to the north of the camp to build siege (to defend against the other team zerg pushing in the front).

Honestly its not skin off my nose. I don’t really view this any different than hiding in the corner at north camp, which has happened frenquently this week. These spots border the safe zone, and if your insatiable bloodlust forces you to chase people into them, fell free to hand over your badges at no risk.

The intelligent folks on your side sat on the siege in the camp and prevented us from taking the camp for quite a while instead of face-rolling into us at the back of the camp. Being a commander I would think you would know better.

It doesn’t matter if i died or not or anybody else.
Running into an invulnerable area that should have been fixed by now is just some weak stuff. Why use the games flaws?

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

been having to kite away from [OG] fg’s while ive been running around solo ;/

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: UberLander.8326

UberLander.8326

Its been said that Chuck Norris plays all 5 OG accounts at the same time.

Uber Lander
Black Talons
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Cheshire Kitty.9205

Cheshire Kitty.9205

Lets be real OG is not Original at all. Just a bunch of bad sports. And if you know anything about the grudge T3 its once hated always hated. We will most likely just remember all this as a failed guild of elitists 5 years from now when we revisit the game.

TC

in WvW

Rennoko.5731

Running into an invulnerable area that should have been fixed by now is just some weak stuff. Why use the games flaws?

What is flawed about it? A spot like that exists on every edge supply camp. Since you don’t seem to be a developer for Anet and their WvW team, it seems unlikely you have insider information.

Why do they continue to let PVE buffs work in WvW? Skale venom, etc? Certainly that isn’t intended, but should we refuse to use those buffs because of a higher moral standard? Its a game after all, and while I don’t condone cheating that allows you to bypass defensive structures, standing at the bottom of a hill that makes you immune instead of the top of that hill seems fine to me.

It isn’t like there are multiple ways to keep people from getting back to that spot, and you are no threat to the camp from that spot.

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Best roaming Group I seen on Mags was AON that is all I have to add to this thread

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

Blah blah blah blah. So many posts. Eager for the reset. It’ll change the tiers to WvWvW tiers and “roamer” tier and ’what’s wuvwuv?’

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Best roaming Group I seen on Mags was AON that is all I have to add to this thread

AoN is an amazing guild, they were on FA for 2-3 weeks and playing with them was an absolute pleasure. One of the best guilds I’ve seen.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: HermanVanderpoop.6743

HermanVanderpoop.6743

Good fights Original Gangsters, (OG?). Had some great fights at the Lodge last night. I think we did pretty good against your 8, we only had 3.

Was pretty awesome fight. We went in to attack and they all stealthed at first and we downed about 4 of them, then 4 more came out of stealth, all thieves I think, they downed Raz and then we 2 v 4 against OG and we pulled off the victory. Was difficult but fun! Hope you folks are on tonight, should try even numbers next time. Can’t believe we pulled it off though!

TGH – The Greatest Huggers
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Blah blah blah blah. So many posts. Eager for the reset. It’ll change the tiers to WvWvW tiers and “roamer” tier and ’what’s wuvwuv?’

That’s why I just started a thread for next week. I’m tired of learning about who’s the best in WvW because they have the smallest guild or ran into a group of 5 people and died.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Except there wasn’t any.
Good try though

I really don’t know what you are talking about. Loki you can see at 50sec into this video you jump down hit us and then run. Also this is the same group that you brought down to the south supply camp, which you only had ‘3’ with you.

…. I don’t know what you’re talking about.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

BT Weekly Recap Video

Was a short one this time, busy with work, could not compile a longer one. :-(

in WvW

Loki.4139

What is flawed about it? A spot like that exists on every edge supply camp. Since you don’t seem to be a developer for Anet and their WvW team, it seems unlikely you have insider information.

Why do they continue to let PVE buffs work in WvW? Skale venom, etc? Certainly that isn’t intended, but should we refuse to use those buffs because of a higher moral standard? Its a game after all, and while I don’t condone cheating that allows you to bypass defensive structures, standing at the bottom of a hill that makes you immune instead of the top of that hill seems fine to me.

It isn’t like there are multiple ways to keep people from getting back to that spot, and you are no threat to the camp from that spot.

Tell me why it’s just that certain spot on the hill and not the rest of it then, since you think it’s fine.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

There will come a time when a Mag thread won’t become Bunzy’d.

That will happen on any of these days:
1. The day of apocalypse.
2. The day when Bunzy quits GW2 forever.
3. The day when Bunzy moves to another server.

lolz

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Loki.4139

Except there wasn’t any.
Good try though

I really don’t know what you are talking about. Loki you can see at 50sec into this video you jump down hit us and then run. Also this is the same group that you brought down to the south supply camp, which you only had ‘3’ with you.

I don’t know what you’re talking about, we are talkinga bout the SW Supply not North. I don’t know what North has to do with anything.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

I clearly saw two OG in the video, certainly not a roaming party and certainly not enough to make up for 5v2 og and up lvls that i continuously saw. also randoms floated in and out from FA the entire fight.

Nope it’s definitely 3 OG. Watch the video more carefully. At one point all 3 are downed at the same time. It’s not mesmer clones.

As I stated in my post, I’ve never seen you guys until tonight. So this is the only time I’ve ever fought you.

In my post I never said anything about owning you or being better than you. You’ve been posting in this thread about FA only zerging and being outnumbered all the time so I posted a fight showing small equal numbers (you actually outnumbered us each time). It has nothing to do with any other fights.

Aside from aoe you had next to zero single target abilities so dont act like you where the person downing people with 2k hits here and there

What? That’s the dumbest statement ever.

Besides, watch my stacks they go up 7 times. I only have a stacking sigil on my dagger.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

(edited by wombat.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Except there wasn’t any.
Good try though

I don’t know what you’re talking about, we are talkinga bout the SW Supply not North. I don’t know what North has to do with anything.

This fight was 10-15 minutes before the SW Supply Camp fight. We ran into your group on our way back up and fell back to the camp. You had brought more people with you. Don’t change what really happened. Also about the invuln spot, quit crying about it, it’s there, don’t be a foolish and try to kill people that are standing in it.

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Yeah. Why did they leave?

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Agreed, AON are a great roaming guild.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Loki.4139

Except there wasn’t any.
Good try though

This fight was 10-15 minutes before the SW Supply Camp fight. We ran into your group on our way back up and fell back to the camp. You had brought more people with you. Don’t change what really happened. Also about the invuln spot, quit crying about it, it’s there, don’t be a foolish and try to kill people that are standing in it.

I brought no one. I was not on my commander toon. you can clearly see on my screen cap. I went east after trying to kill that last Ele. I then went to SW because someone said they wanted to attack SW supply. I’m not changing anything.

I’m not crying about it, is that your excuse?

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/DB-MAG-group-duel/first#post1344513

Join me.

Enough of this trash talk. Let’s just have fun.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in WvW

Rennoko.5731

Tell me why it’s just that certain spot on the hill and not the rest of it then, since you think it’s fine.

Like I said, a spot like that is at every edge camp. Presumably if Anet was really concerned about it they could push that safe zone back farther away from the hill. Why does the top of the hill need to be invulernable?

As far as critical game breaking bugs/glitches, this is about as mundane as they come.

That spot literally saves a 30 seconds walk from the spawn (assuming you would have died), and a 2 silver repair bill. The very fact that we could hang around longer kept you in that camp longer which prevented us from flipping it after you got bored and left the camp. You should thank us for giving you something to do on an entirely blue map.

—Okay ill go to the other post—

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Yeah. Why did they leave?

DB has the lowest NA population for T3, thus the best opportunity to find a fight, is the short answer as to why we went there.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Props to paralda, klunk, and co. for going ham on FA borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Well played, Maguuma. I’m not overly fond of green, but those blue borderlands needed a new paint job.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I wasn’t there to see our borderlands get pillaged but I bet it had to do with ques in every borderland and eb at this time and the people who need to get where they need to go to defend being unable to do it.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I wasn’t there to see our borderlands get pillaged but I bet it had to do with ques in every borderland and eb at this time and the people who need to get where they need to go to defend being unable to do it.

Best post in this thread. A++ would read again.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

What about the other borderlands now? Are you losing those because you have too many queues?

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

And we lost the castle too <.<. I think we have crystal desert fever in a 4 hour time period over the course of a day.

so sayeth the great innuendo