Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

1st minute is Hardcore action

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

13 AVTR (plus 3 Pugs) against 22+ DB (22 tagged kills) (only a mesmer so can’t tag them all)

Good fight
o/

(edited by kylia.4813)

in WvW

Posted by: novi.6421

novi.6421

Score Update
FA 84,614 375+
MAG 68,394 +100
DB 67,802 +220

in WvW

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

Mag vs DB, the battle for second place. It’s just like the old days

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

It’s a TIE! (For another 6 mins)

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Looks like we’re going to T2 at this rate. Bleh.
We do have unfinished business with Tarnished Desert though.

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Hmmm, not bad considering we have practically no Oceanic presence. The few Aussies and night shift Americans we have are forged in the fires of hell though, so they are used to fighting ridiculously outnumbered against Oceanic heavies like CD and DB. I’m pretty sure they also shoot lasers from their eyes.

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Awww Nofair! I want our night crew to shoot lasers from their eyes!! /tempertantrum

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

updates for those wondering

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Isn’t their a siege limit and if so by doing this aren’t you limiting the ability of your group to defend other outposts?

There is only Ramelot.

REAL TALK

Rams share a different seige limit from the other seige. You can have 100 rams and 100 of anything else.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Match is over keypress mizers. Nothing left to be said. Go practice your putting until next week.

What? Maguuma always does terrible over the weekends. We have the same population during the week that we do during the weekends, while everyone else tapirs off… so we’ll see.

Thats funny because everyone else always says DB does horrible on the weekend and picks it up over the weekdays.

Let’s find out!! Whoever comes in 3rd has to buy ice cream for 2nd.

I believe I’ll have me some Tutti Frutti!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jkiaKtRbs

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

new (and improved) score update methodology

Attachments:

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Greens Daily Ritual.9025

Greens Daily Ritual.9025

I don’t think they call themselves Special K… that is my nickname for them.

Yo man… why you dissin’ my favorite cereal?

Leader – Swords of the Immortals [SOTI]
Greens Mystic – Mesmer | Google Deez – Ranger
Dragonbrand since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: UberLander.8326

UberLander.8326

WvW, Maguuma, GOON!

I just listed 3 things I love.

Uber Lander
Black Talons
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

And now, for your weekly musical INTERMISSION…

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Image stolen from FA community forums

The Great Wall of Isle of Kickaspenwood

..And then Kylia said “F#%K YOU!”, so we built a mighty wall that our enemy dare not pass!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

This one is my favorite, I can see bunzy run

*edit I must say that this video is probably doctored by the CIA to make bunzy and [OG] look bad however. Ancient Aliens probably had something to do with it too.

you can’t see bunzy run because bunzy isn’t even there, you more then anybody should know what my character looks like.. you follow me enough.

@BT There is no point in making a video where you outnumber the enemy, something you may want to consider. If you want to do that you might as well run with the biggest zerg possible as they do it better.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: Phatts.3149

Phatts.3149

*edit I must say that this video is probably doctored by the CIA to make bunzy and [OG] look bad however. Ancient Aliens probably had something to do with it too.

you can’t see bunzy run because bunzy isn’t even there, you more then anybody should know what my character looks like.. you follow me enough.

@BT There is no point in making a video where you outnumber the enemy, something you may want to consider. If you want to do that you might as well run with the biggest zerg possible as they do it better.

LoL. You can actually see our group size in that video if you pause it around 43-44 seconds where we re-group before re-engage. It’s a little over 2 groups (2 groups were full and a few soloers). We didn’t lose anyone in that fight so we weren’t down anyone at that point either.

Zerging at it’s finest. =D

Edit: I’m referring to the first video by Quenta, I wasn’t there for the second one so not sure how that fight played out!

Phrozencore the Mesmer
Phattboy the Necro
Phixation the Guardian

(edited by Phatts.3149)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

LoL. You can actually see our group size in that video if you pause it around 43-44 seconds where we re-group before re-engage. It’s a little over 2 groups (2 groups were full and a few soloers). We didn’t lose anyone in that fight so we weren’t down anyone at that point either.

Zerging at it’s finest. =D

Edit: I’m referring to the first video by Quenta, I wasn’t there for the second one so not sure how that fight played out!

You need to look up the definition of outnumbered, running 2 groups against 1 is still outnumbering someone.. or don’t you see that? If are you trying to gain something by beating us you may want to do it with equal or similar numbers.. unless you are happy zerging 5 mans.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Man that looks rough, if that was me in that video getting my kitten kicked I would have just /uninstalled.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.4836

Preacher.4836

Since there is no number that when reached says that you are a zerg I wont comment on that part, However 15-20 man roaming party is most defiantly not the norm. I will say that being a zerg has less to do with the numbers and much more to do how they approach a confrontation.

Preacher

Preacher Roy-Guardian, Preacherroy-Engineer, Necro Preacher-Necromancer, Preacher Clone-Mesmer

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Since there is no number that when reached says that you are a zerg I wont comment on that part, However 15-20 man roaming party is most defiantly not the norm. I will say that being a zerg has less to do with the numbers and much more to do how they approach a confrontation.

Preacher

Zerging = people who use numbers rather then strategy to defeat the enemy, therefore requiring no skill.

It’s amazing that every video people have of “beating” OG they always outnumber us, strange how that happens.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

zerg, roam, skirmish, doesn’t really matter to me personally and probably doesn’t bother anyone else since we are seriously having a lot of fun when we play… but I would just like to give a little of BT’s perspective since I suspect BT and maguuma’s roamers share very similar wvw desires and philosophy.

On Friday we need to organize an even numbers naked Zerg vs Zerg joust. Maguuma pick up groupies vs BT.

You know you want to.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Preacher

Zerging = people who use numbers rather then strategy to defeat the enemy, therefore requiring no skill.

It’s amazing that every video people have of “beating” OG they always outnumber us, strange how that happens.

Yes you are right Bunzy we have no skill, you only use strategy when you have 10 people, anything besides that is zerging.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. FA loves Maguuma. Everybody on maguuma is great people with some talented players, aside from all the forum warriors.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Preacher

Yes you are right Bunzy we have no skill

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. FA loves Maguuma. Everybody on maguuma is great people with some talented players, aside from all the forum warriors.

If you want to showcase that skill you should show it against enemies who outnumber you and not vice versa.

We can always do 5v5s if you want.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

(edited by Bunzy.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: Cord.5371

Cord.5371

Preacher

If you want to showcase that skill you should show it against enemies who outnumber you and not vice versa.

You obviously let the bad man get behind you. NEVER let the bad man get behind you…

Fort Aspenwood Dolyak Killing Society
www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

score update plz

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

[TG] has nothing but respect for [BT]. We were assigned EBG on reset night so we didn’t get a chance to see you guys out there. Keep doing what you guys do. I know you’re not fond of sieges, but its always a blast to see you guys work.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Preacher

The best advice I could give you to help make your WvW experience better is to either get more skill and more numbers. I find coordinating with allies helps a lot especially of your opponent has numbers.

Just find some more friends to play with and come out and have a better time! Cause if you keep dieing because you have to few players, you need to change your strategy, don’t expect your opponents to do it for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Preacher

Welcome to T3. Stop whining about numbers. If you like 5v5 then go transfer to another server. You are equivalent to a guy driving a horse-drawn carriage down the highway while complaining about the cars flying by. No one cares and you just look stupid. Rest of Maguuma is great. Really fun fights over the weekend.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

At least I know the thought process of T3 servers now.. It’s basically my zerg is bigger then your zerg therefore we are better.

I miss Ehmry Bay.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

We’ve been in tier 3 for a few months now and people who have previously been tier 3 know the deal; roaming with groups of 5-10 (no matter how skilled you are) isn’t effective since you will meet groups of 25-30 on a regular basis. We recently picked up some amazing players from ULTD boosting our nightly numbers, but we used to be smaller and we know what it’s like for a small group.

Unfortunately this is the state of WvW; moving up into higher tiers means you will encounter more populated servers and larger roaming groups. You have to adapt to the situation and tier you are in. There shouldn’t really be any surprises, the ranking system and higher tier match threads are available for anyone to check out. Don’t come up into a tier, complain about things that have been happening in the tier for months and then expect things to change for you. Is it perfect? No but tier 3 will have groups of 25-30 running around and all three servers have them. They are pretty easy to avoid.

I don’t want to increase the discussions about our guild, we appreciate the positive and negative comments from people but we don’t want to derail the match thread. We look to fight larger groups and defend our objectives, it’s not our goal to “zerg” (by anyone’s definition) smaller groups.

This has been a fun matchup so far with some of the most skilled players we’ve seen in WvW. We are learning a lot from many guilds on DB and Mag but we still have a lot to learn. The people who think they have nothing to learn are usually the ones who know the least.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Maguuma doesn’t have a guild large enough to do what BT is doing in their video. BT is gimmicky resetting the fights over and over. I guess it’s a skill since it is effective. We’re in a giant channel together telling updates for important stuff, not telling people how to play capture the camp with advanced tactics.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Phatts.3149

Phatts.3149

At least I know the thought process of T3 servers now.. It’s basically my zerg is bigger then your zerg therefore we are better.

I miss Ehmry Bay.

You should totally check out SPvP bro it’s much smaller scale and may be what you are looking for. Not sure what part of “world vs world” screams “5 man vs 5 man”, but I can totally see why you would be upset if that’s all you run around with. You should try to find another guild to roam/merge with to help you stay competitive in WvW in these higher tiers.

Phrozencore the Mesmer
Phattboy the Necro
Phixation the Guardian

in WvW

Cord.5371

Maguuma doesn’t have a guild large enough to do what BT is doing in their video. BT is gimmicky resetting the fights over and over. I guess it’s a skill since it is effective. We’re in a giant channel together telling updates for important stuff, not telling people how to play capture the camp with advanced tactics.

Ommm nom nom nom nom!!!!!

Attachments:

www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

We’ve been in tier 3 for a few months now and people who have previously been tier 3 know the deal; roaming with groups of 5-10 (no matter how skilled you are) isn’t effective since you will meet groups of 25-30 on a regular basis.

This isn’t necessarily true. When I was playing on BG we had several large guilds of our own that would usually keep the SoR/IoJ/TC zergs busy while we just roamed with 5-10. Maguuma doesn’t seem to have the numbers that BG does so frequently roaming guilds end up fighting the larger raid guilds by themselves. I’d usually rather fight with 10 and end up outnumbered than run around with 30 or whatever. I do zergsurf sometimes but it gets boring pretty quickly.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

We look to fight larger groups and defend our objectives, it’s not our goal to “zerg” smaller groups.

If it’s not your goal why would you upload it?
Unless you were trying to start drama with a guild that you really don’t want to.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

I miss Ehmry Bay.

You should totally check out SPvP bro it’s much smaller scale and may be what you are looking for. Not sure what part of “world vs world” screams “5 man vs 5 man”, but I can totally see why you would be upset if that’s all you run around with. You should try to find another guild to roam/merge with to help you stay competitive in WvW in these higher tiers.

I am not upset that we get wiped by larger groups, I am confused as to why people record it as if its some kind of achievement to wipe groups significantly smaller then you.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Ommm nom nom nom nom!!!!!

Way to completely misread the context. lmao

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Waaah, Waaah, Waaah, Waaah…

I miss Ehmry Bay.

This is all I am seeing when you post. It’s possible my computer at work doesn’t have a QQ translator.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I miss Ehmry Bay.

This is all I am seeing when you post. It’s possible my computer at work doesn’t have a QQ translator.

unfortunately those most vocal on this thread seem to be guilds more interested in roaming and GvG battles in open land of equal numbers then they are about actually scoring points by claiming and holding positions. It’s WvWvW, the point is to take and hold positions to score points… not to have my group of 10 beat your group of 10 over land that doesn’t matter. Kudos to the rest of you who are playing WvW to win for their server, not to brag about their guild.

Real bragging in WvW should include, “my guild took a fully fortified keep and held it for 5 hours.” Or “My guild took SM and held off both of the other servers for hours…” Not, “my roaming group of 20 defeated your roaming group of 20 at a supply camp.”

On that note, Anet should just suck it up and bring GvG back, perhaps larger numbers than 5man PvP. Set caps at 20-25 maybe, and let it be like GW1 where the fights aren’t about controlling land, but about killing the enemy. If we had that, this thread would be a heck of a lot shorter and the roaming guilds would get to test themselves without the inevitable loser screaming “culling and we were outnumbered is the only reason we lost.”

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Score/map update by chance pls?

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Hard to see whats happening in this video even at 1080p. I could clearly make outa few pugs and one or two OG members.

BT is far from a roaming guild, your title is more correctly justified as a zerg guild. You portal bombed us today while we where watching you guys fight DB. 30+ people came through that portal so many that I lagged slightly. Hardly considered a roaming guild.

. Being a larger force is not a crutch and being a smaller force does not make you elite.

Im sorry, but this statement is just SO wrong. Having massive amounts of players is a crutch, its a huge handicap, be it players who know what they are doing and even some who dont. It doesnt kittening matter if theres so many people culling becomes an issue.

Being a small group taking on larger numbered groups does make you a better player and more elite. Out numbering people 3-1 by zerging does not make you skilled.

Zergging isnt a term used for dieing. Its a term used when your ran over by a force to large to fight due to numbers. Only an equally large group (zerg, duh) could fight the other group (zerg o.o)

You can kitten foot around being a large organized guild all you want. Zerg is zerg.
Just because you utilize “some” tactics and voice chat doesnt make you not a zerg. You simply defeat your opponents by out numbering them, simple as that. In equal numbered fights you dont stand a chance against even half decent roaming guild.

Not to say your not a good zerg guild. +1 respect for that. Magguma didnt want to be in this tier and if you want the honest truth, the guilds on our servers arnt ment to handle zergs like you BT guys, simply dont have the numbers.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

(edited by Mike.7320)

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I miss Ehmry Bay.

Maybe this OG guild has a codec you can install?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The numbers actually look pretty even in the videos. There’s a few times where stragglers would get steamrolled and then there’s scenes where BT comes up against a group around the same size as them.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

When is the OG vs FA youtube superstars duels taking place?

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

We are trying but they don’t seem to be keen on the idea. See if you can work your magic.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Cord.5371

Only an equally large group (zerg, duh) could fight the other group (zerg o.o)

I’m sorry, but you’re the one that’s wrong. Very often smaller groups break the backs of “zergs” and send them scampering for the hills. Sure, the zerg will often roll a small group, but if your group can only beat equally sized groups, you seriously need some WvW practice in teamwork.

www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.7320

Mike.7320

Whenever they can find players who can handle us in a 5v5 instead of railing us 20v5.

Idolizethis Warrior

Arkham (Ark)

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Hard to see whats happening in this video even at 1080p. I could clearly make outa few pugs and one or two OG members.

BT is far from a roaming guild, your title is more correctly justified as a zerg guild. You portal bombed us today while we where watching you guys fight DB. 30+ people came through that portal so many that I lagged slightly. Hardly considered a roaming guild.

. Being a larger force is not a crutch and being a smaller force does not make you elite.

Im sorry, but this statement is just SO wrong. Having massive amounts of players is a crutch, its a huge handicap, be it players who know what they are doing and even some who dont. It doesnt kittening matter if theres so many people culling becomes an issue.

Being a small group taking on larger numbered groups does make you a better player and more elite. Out numnering people 3-1 by zerging does not make you skilled.

omg just shut up already. This thread is becoming so painful, which is unfortunate because it’s been a great match up. Fine, OG is the best guild but no one knows it. Everyone else is brainless and an unskilled zerg. Everyone agrees. Can you please stop filling the thread with whine now? If you guys ever actually successfully pull off a 3v1 go ahead and post the video for all to enjoy. Other than that, just stfu for the love of all things holy.

FA Mesmo – [VK]