Maguuma/Fort Aspenwood/Dragonbrand! Jan-25

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Concerned about a couple of “interesting” and…. rather seamless keep acquisitions I have seen Mag accomplish so far, but I understand this is not the place to go into detail about my concerns.

PM if you have names and/or evidence.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Interesting, because I saw a single DB player (no guild tag, smart) flying in the air. It was an individual, and he stood perfectly still once spotted, but I don’t judge the entire server for it. Hopefully that sylvari warrior realizes he should have rolled a mesmer. PM for screenshots!

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

lol lastnight was awesome when the server was having issues, I was solo roaming all around DB BL and didnt find a single Maguuman, but i got lots of fun 1v1, 1v2s against DB and FA. Can’t wait for the massive zergs to die down later in the match up.

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Can’t wait for the massive zergs to die down later in the match up.

From what I’ve seen on FA, the massive zergs die down during weekdays. It was not that hard to enter all maps during the weekdays.

Unlike earlier tonight, 4 hours after reset, all maps still had about 20-minute queue, so of course, there were zergs here and there lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Just throwing it out there to add fuel to the fire – FA was a pioneer of roaming 5 mans and most of you D/D ele guys got your build from Excala (daphoenix) in [GODS]

Every d/d ele in OG has been running the spec since before daphoenix posted his guide.

Then let’s see these famous OG D/D eles against Lady Sayrah / Excala and more. Friday fight night behind the windmill, I’m sure we can arrange something. We can see if we can earn your “mmo skill” approval

“A thousand nations of the OG empire descend upon you. Our Eles will blot out he sun!”

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Just throwing it out there to add fuel to the fire – FA was a pioneer of roaming 5 mans and most of you D/D ele guys got your build from Excala (daphoenix) in [GODS]

Every d/d ele in OG has been running the spec since before daphoenix posted his guide.

Then let’s see these famous OG D/D eles against Lady Sayrah / Excala and more. Friday fight night behind the windmill, I’m sure we can arrange something. We can see if we can earn your “mmo skill” approval

“A thousand nations of the OG empire descend upon you. Our Eles will blot out he sun!”

Then we will fight in the.. I..I-I’m kind of scared of the dark. Hold me.

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Here is a score update.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

At least there are people to kill in JP finally. Too bad transfers remain. Magpies, we need to rally and push them off somehow, troll them harder please. Our score is way too high right now we need to stop capping towers. Hopefully all will be lost tonight and tomorrow they start abandoning ship.

Lol, nice ghosty pic of yourself, looks like your ready to hunt someone down as a ghost :P

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

For what it’s worth, we made huge strides over the last couple weeks because we dominated dead servers. Tonight we’re up against two strong servers, and holding our own. At least in EBG we’ve been handed a “warm” welcome to tier 3 and clearly ganged up on, pinballing back and forth from North to Southeast fighting off DB zerg after FA zerg and I don’t recall seeing either of those servers taking land from each other for the 4 or 5 hours I was in tonight.

This is more fun. This is far better than what we’d had for a while now, enjoy it.

The fights in the Lord room of SM were a lot of fun.

We were overhyped, but that doesn’t mean we don’t belong here. I don’t know all this about so many transfers over the last few weeks, the same commanders I’m used to seeing were leading and the people that are used to following them were doing so. Enough with the troll posts. Lift your heads up Maguuma, you belong at this level among good competition and who knows where the week will end.

I think maguuma has creted a bad rep for themselves. Some are humble, others blatantly kitteny, others hide their arrogance by “trying” to be polite to those server it just steamrolled, but letting them know they are clearly better.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

For what it’s worth, we made huge strides over the last couple weeks because we dominated dead servers. Tonight we’re up against two strong servers, and holding our own. At least in EBG we’ve been handed a “warm” welcome to tier 3 and clearly ganged up on, pinballing back and forth from North to Southeast fighting off DB zerg after FA zerg and I don’t recall seeing either of those servers taking land from each other for the 4 or 5 hours I was in tonight.

This is more fun. This is far better than what we’d had for a while now, enjoy it.

We were overhyped, but that doesn’t mean we don’t belong here. I don’t know all this about so many transfers over the last few weeks, the same commanders I’m used to seeing were leading and the people that are used to following them were doing so. Enough with the troll posts. Lift your heads up Maguuma, you belong at this level among good competition and who knows where the week will end.

I think maguuma has creted a bad rep for themselves. Some are humble, others blatantly kitteny, others hide their arrogance by “trying” to be polite to those server it just steamrolled, but letting them know they are clearly better.

I don’t think there’s any question about this. There’s also the fact that many of the person we’ve faced are crying babies and take the first chance they get to sling mud at us. Jesse Cox ring a bell? Yeah, lots of people are like that. Entire guilds of servers are like that. We simply don’t make an effort to correct them.

In regards to the post you quoted, no, we don’t belong here. We didn’t fight our way here, and climb by aiming to be the best and winning. We faced dead servers, and got bandwagoned to T3. We also have a heap of commanders and pubs that are clueless. Saying anything otherwise is foolish.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Please. Look at your own post history. Claiming we aren’t having fun because we’re not winning by 300k+, twice, when it was explained multiple times that that’s not at all the reason why we aren’t having fun. Especially since one of the people you replied to is a solo roamer and it’s quite obvious why he’s not having fun. You are no better than the worst of our trolls, ignoring rational explanations to believe what you want. By the way, we beat Yak’s Bend on equal footing before we were bandwagoned, but they like to ignore that fact too.

Nobody is even saying you guys are bad, we’re just saying we’re not having fun because we don’t enjoy the different play in this tier of WvW. So no, we don’t belong here. We’ve been saying that for the past week.

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Phatts.3149

Phatts.3149

Welcome to our tier Maguuma, hopefully we will provide you with a bit of a challenge this week. =)

Phrozencore the Mesmer
Phattboy the Necro
Phixation the Guardian

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

By the way, we beat Yak’s Bend on equal footing before we were bandwagoned, but they like to ignore that fact too.

That’s only because you were carried by Dragonbrand.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Welcome to our tier Maguuma, hopefully we will provide you with a bit of a challenge this week. =)

Challenge? Can you just knock us out of this tier, please?

in WvW

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

What concerns me about this week more than the size of the zergs is the complete lack of posts from roamers on FA/DB. Roaming guilds basically always have at least a couple people who like to post on forums, and yet nothing. This most likely means that there are no roaming guilds on those two servers, and probably few if any solo roamers either. In other words, another week with nothing to do but wipe zergs, which got boring years ago. I don’t like the spvp format, but I find it harder and harder to do this kind of wvw after playing tpvp and actually fighting good groups.

If there are any skilled guilds on either of these two servers, or even just individuals, please, let me know. I much prefer wvw, but I need good fights to have fun.

Ok, since none of the official leadership is here to respond i guess ill fill in.
Greetings from TG – we are a newly transferred guild to DB (coming from CD). Tonight we fought on the western half of EB, which isnt really a map we fight at often but i think we did a decent enough job.
I think most of TG would like to give props to the Maguuma guild War, as they were really the only force that challenged us tonight (but we do heavily resent your use of bunker eles haha) The only complaint id make is that Mag and FA never ever seemed to attack each other in EB, but maybe i never noticed due to the intense fighting we had :P
Anyways yeah this is shaping up to be one hell of a match – our NA forces seem to be pretty evenly matched, lets hope that the same goes for the oceanics and it should be kitten for everyone

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You sure did make an impression on our borderlands on opening night! I wasn’t there to get stomped, though.

in WvW

Posted by: Phatts.3149

Phatts.3149

You sure did make an impression on our borderlands on opening night! I wasn’t there to get stomped, though.

I believe that was the plan! I missed the fights last night too though, not feeling well and went to bed early. =( I’m sure the fights were good!

Phrozencore the Mesmer
Phattboy the Necro
Phixation the Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Harrason.1429

Harrason.1429

Maguuma is losing? Good news. Extremely good news.

However I don’t think we’ll be knocked out of T3 that quickly, we’ll need someone from T4 to move up for that since FA’s already slated for T2 next week, and I don’t have much hope for SBI the way it is right now. =/

Harrason Xez – Warrior/Yunomiko – Mesmer
Triskaidekaphobia – [XIII] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

I don’t think there’s any question about this. There’s also the fact that many of the person we’ve faced are crying babies and take the first chance they get to sling mud at us. Jesse Cox ring a bell? Yeah, lots of people are like that. Entire guilds of servers are like that. We simply don’t make an effort to correct them.

Welp in your defense Jesse Cox and his people are TERRIBLE in gw2 and WvW.

Also FA still loves Mag.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

(edited by etrigan.4213)

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Lol, I don’t want to go to tier 2. Enough culling/lag/megazord zergs already.
That can be Kaineng..

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Odd, because the requirement threads for FA say otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Can someone tell me the tags of the roaming guilds from FA or DB?

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

ACM is the roaming guild on FA

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

Seriously what’s with all these people claiming they don’t want to win. Too many zergs….. I may be weird but I want to win and move up that’s the whole point of doing anything competive. I can’t say I’ve every played any sport or game to lose.

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

Winning brings you to a higher tier. Higher tiers have more players. More players means more lag.

[WäR]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Seriously what’s with all these people claiming they don’t want to win. Too many zergs….. I may be weird but I want to win and move up that’s the whole point of doing anything competive. I can’t say I’ve every played any sport or game to lose.

There’s this thing called fun. People are capable of having it without winning. WvW may be competitive, but it’s also a game. There’s also the fact that T1 – T3 blow because it’s zerg vs zerg. Not everyone wants to have fights where theyre facing 30+ people or waiting in queue to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: GallantWolf.6375

GallantWolf.6375

Maguuma is losing? Good news. Extremely good news.

However I don’t think we’ll be knocked out of T3 that quickly, we’ll need someone from T4 to move up for that since FA’s already slated for T2 next week, and I don’t have much hope for SBI the way it is right now. =/

Maguuma don’t worry, u lead pt than SBI. I guess SBI will fall to T4 and Maguuma still at T3

in WvW

Posted by: Reiven.2543

Reiven.2543

From just skim reading these forums its clear there is a fair amount of players from Maguuma that dont want to move up and are wishing to get kicked out of the server.

So how did Maguuma become such a popular server and recieve these unwanted transfers?

Fort Aspenwood GW1 Bittervet….
Reiven Kloak-Warrior / Pizza Pirate-Engineer
Charr Grilled Fish-Ranger

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

From just skim reading these forums its clear there is a fair amount of players from Maguuma that dont want to move up and are wishing to get kicked out of the server.

So how did Maguuma become such a popular server and recieve these unwanted transfers?

They came because of me, I am e-famous so they followed me here.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

I have fun winning or losing but It’s more fun to win and move up. It’s like working for $10 a hour or $50. I don’t know I just have fun. I rarly ever join zergs and I’ve done fine in tier 2/3 for a long time now.

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

People that came didn’t come for the community, or read up on what Maguuma is. They came because they pressed their WvW button, and saw who was winning.

I have fun winning or losing but It’s more fun to win and move up. It’s like working for $10 a hour or $50. I don’t know I just have fun. I rarly ever join zergs and I’ve done fine in tier 2/3 for a long time now.

That’s your opinion, but realize that everyone doesn’t share what you think is ideal. Winning is not everything. Queues and culling are a big deterrent for moving up in tiers.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Anything over 5 people is not a “small group”

I used to agree with this when back in T8, but things change so much as you get into the mid ranks and then the upper ranks. In the mid ranks, 10 is kind of the sweet spot for being able to deal with the numerous 20-30 man groups you run across. In the upper ranks, I suspect some might even call 20 a “small” group.

Kind of sad, yes… and not good for the overall health of the game IMO. If you really want more 5 man action I’m thinking you will have to move to T6-T8 somewhere.

You are able to run 5 mans up to T4 if you are good enough.

I guess I will have to walk you through this slowly. Asc and Dreztina were complaining about the lack of small group versus small group fights. Dreztina specifically says it’s boring fighting zergs. It’s not about failing to kill zergs it’s about finding the type of fights you want.

You should have stayed in your cave.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

I used to agree with this when back in T8, but things change so much as you get into the mid ranks and then the upper ranks. In the mid ranks, 10 is kind of the sweet spot for being able to deal with the numerous 20-30 man groups you run across. In the upper ranks, I suspect some might even call 20 a “small” group.

Kind of sad, yes… and not good for the overall health of the game IMO. If you really want more 5 man action I’m thinking you will have to move to T6-T8 somewhere.

I guess I will have to walk you through this slowly. Asc and Dreztina were complaining about the lack of small group versus small group fights. Dreztina specifically says it’s boring fighting zergs. It’s not about failing to kill zergs it’s about finding the type of fights you want.

You want small group fights yet don’t accept 5v5s.. okay then.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Morning Score Update! =)

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: RockonHarder.7235

RockonHarder.7235

Lots of fun tonight in DB BL! I gotta say it seems like Maguuma was overhyped, unless this is just a really messy reset like FA does most of the time.

Was it really overhyped? For two weeks Maguuma posters were in t3 threads saying we weren’t as big as people think, and for two weeks people kept believing yak’s bend posters (big mistake) that we were some sos 2.0 megaserver.

I think this is a case where people need to pick their sources better.

Dude you haven’t been paying atention to all the dialogue going between TC and maguma players about when they will be seeing each other. You really have no idea why maguma is rated tier 1 for forum warriors.

Someone actually posted false score records right before match end last round so make everyone beleive maguma was gonna skip tier 3.

there is a body of people pushing to make everything think maguma is all that and a bag of potatoe chips. more then likely to draw in more transfers.

Deathmonger esq lvl 80 necro
DB forever!!

in WvW

Oozo.7856

You want small group fights yet don’t accept 5v5s.. okay then.

I was giving an option trying to be helpful, then you come in acting like a kitten again. Do you wonder why you don’t get the respect you so desperately want?

People get their chance to kill us on the open field. OG had their shot, TLP had their shot, WaR had their shot. We enjoy roaming fights for what they are because intelligence, awareness, and tactical reaction have more impact on the fight than just what builds you run.

Why do you even bother to roam in WvW? Why not just arrange duels somewhere every night or arrange duels on a 5v5 sPvP map? Maybe you should try to start a “fight club” that utilizes the 5v5 sPvP maps. Don’t play the map objectives, just meet up in the middle for the arena-style fights that you are looking for.

Make the game work for you.

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Morning Score Update! =)

ty Eva!
Keep pushing DB.

I’ll be on tonight if anyone wants a thief in their group ;p

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Maniac.5163

Haha, after seeing that screenshot – I think Bunzy is like our very own Mez You Up ..

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

jaegrx.1693

jaegerx.1693:

As a leader of maguuma this is just inappropriate.

Looks like you got a little Bunzy on you…. It’s okay, it washes out with bleach. Or server transfers while they are still free. After all, Mag doesn’t want half of of you there, according to their 48574 other threads =P

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

When will people realize Bunzy is a troll that just likes to start massive flame wars and just ignore him? I mean, it’s okay for Jaeger to keep talking to him in-game, because they always have the best talks. But everyone else really needs to stop being drawn in by everything he says. Unless you want to get the thread closed.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

See now , you guys view Bunzy as an arrogant and rude fool but you are wrong. Bunzy is actually just a Freedom-loving Champion of the First Amendment.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

See now , you guys view Bunzy as an arrogant and rude fool but Bunzy is actually just a Freedom-loving Champion of the First Amendment.

Interpretations are fickle.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

A warm welcome for Maguuma to t3! This week’s match is likely to be the best of all the tiers IMO.

PS we didn’t team up on you in EBG, trust meh. We were actually just trying to defend SMC from dragonbrand for hours, so there wasn’t really much going on in the north end of the map cause well…they had all their guys up there trying to take the castle, we had all our guys up there trying to defend it.

Also, score update!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: sestitodc.3567

sestitodc.3567

Epic Grub defense at Bravost.

in WvW

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Epic Grub defense at Bravost.

Hehe. Nobody in that DB zerg noticed I pulled the grub to them. Didn’t think it would go all the way to bravost gate.

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

I always love it when someone cries….“the two servers teamed up on us”, or “they dont attack each other”. Its always “the grass is greener on the other side” guys. Seems that way to us sometimes. But remember, its 4 friggin maps thats pretty large and beyond your gaming eyesight….so unless you can see whats actually going on on every spot of every map. Just take a deep breath and remind yourself. Those “other” guys are probably battling it out elsewhere.

Shoot… Its been awhile since I’ve seen large back to back…then back there again, battles over supply camps like we had last night on FABL. Took and lost Godslore sooo many times last night. And most of those were us and DB…Magoomies rolled through and kept on truckin north. Tho we fought tooth and nail against both servers.

We hold no prejudice against any server we are up against…..especially on our homelands. If its red….its dead.

Awesome fights last night guys….Been along time since ive had this kind of “tooth and nail” fighting fun. Hope Its like this all the way up to closing time friday night.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Friends!
Maguumians!
Tyrians!
Lend me your eyes!
DR has suffered enough over the past few weeks! We have lost some guilds, and many of the PvP Pink Hats have flocked off to other servers, yours included, I imagine. We have been Host to multiple Forum PvPers who’s skill in duels are only matched by the unfortunate circumstance that causes them to lose when they don’t win. A few, like dingle berries, continue to dangle off the Rump-end of DR’s Pubis region, Like a stain on the taint of our server. Maguuma, I beg. I plea. Find the compassion in yourselves to stop this madness.

I might come to DR

Worse things have happened, yes. But…
I feel as if I am standing at the bottom of a stair case, and my grandmother just began to tumble down them.

We need your help, brothers and sisters.

Much love,

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

FA & DB, thank you for such a fun reset night; been a few weeks since I’ve had fun in WvW.

*hands you all bacon*

Edit: I just called DB, DR. I apologize for that.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: sestitodc.3567

sestitodc.3567

Some mag say they are bored of this fighting already, some say it was lots of fun. We can’t please all of you, so how about some cookies? I think I have a bunch of Blackberry and/or Blueberry somewhere in my bank. Although they aren’t laced with arsenic or anything like that, I will warn you that they are about a month old.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

there is a body of people pushing to make everything think maguma is all that and a bag of potatoe chips. more then likely to draw in more transfers.

Can you quote those people for me? I think you’re pulling things out of your butt because you are a bad forum warrior.