Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

One could also just do 3 hot join matches in sPvP, don’t put in much effort and get a laurel.
The discussion is always about WvW vs PvE but I see sPvP as a decent compromise for PvP purists. It’s often even faster than in WvW/PvE to get your laurel.
But since they’re introducing new WvW daily objectives I think it’s a pointless discussion at this point anyways.

(edited by holska.4127)

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Ascended items are not required outside FoTM. They are good to have, but not required, meaning there is no content that you cannot complete without them .In stark difference there is content in FoTM (lvl 48 as an example) that you CANNOT do without ascended gear. You will be one shot by an unblockable, undodgeable attack. So in fact you would be gating the content by gating the gear.

There is no content that you can’t complete with green magic find armor…

It would be good to read both the post you are quoting and the posts above it. I am looking forward to a more detailed explanation of how you and your party have completed a high lvl fractal without AR.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

daily:
1.kill 5 yaks
2.kill 10 players
3.kill 13 diferent monsters – you find 7 or 10 diferent npc’s at hero’s orchad (citizen /engineir /tehnician/soldier… etc)
4.50 kills
5.ambient killer
6.veteran slayer
7.champion slayer
8.5 events
9.crafting (home border – cost less that 1 silver – 10 bolts of silk)
10.mystic forge – (Garrison) -gamble your loot from karma train
11.gather
12.repair
13.lvler
14. skill points acumulator (3 lvls)
15. savage
this is fair for everybody
We should punish scouts, cause they don’t follow the karma train ?
or roamers, ppls who run in smal groups ?
daily take 10 minutes maximum to complete – but if you don’t follow teh karma train you might need 1 week to get 250 badges, while you get it in 3-4 hours zerging.
So you want more zerg ? i had enough, i spent my badges, i bought sieges, i bought items for my alts, now should i follow the karma train in your humble oppinion ?

This! ^

There’s absolutely no reason you’re not getting your daily done. I get mine done everyday and seldom even leave WvW (my acheivements permanently locked in the 2000’s and my world exploration at 48% proves this). I’m a solo/small group-roamer to boot, so it requires a touch more skill than your standard hive-minded zergling, but it can be done. Not only that, but I typically get my dailies/monthlies done faster than my PvE-based guildee counterparts usually. Even the laurel merchant stands directly outside the gates to WvW. Just grab him for a chat before entering. Running 15 yards worth of PvE won’t kill you I promise.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

I thought laurels were ment as side rewards, not a main currancy thats gonna be involved in almost all future items. Dumbest idea ever, time gate things because we cant keep our player base interested enough in logging in to just play the game when they want.

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Only sentries have the right to complain. No way sitting at your garrison ticking siege all day long will ever reward you with a laurel.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Only sentries have the right to complain. No way sitting at your garrison ticking siege all day long will ever reward you with a laurel.

Not even WvW at that point, that’s more like SiegevP… Even then though I imagine it would be kind of hard not to at least get your daily 10 kills and such. Unless your server is just roflstomping the competition so hard they are afraid to even visit your Garrison, lol.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Thanks TLDR:
- Match-up changes
- Ascended trinkets(laurels + badges or ectos)
- WvW infusions (extra dmg vs npcs)
- Reward chests
- More guard abilities
- Oil abilities
- WvW dailies
- Various minor changes

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

PRAISE THE GOLEM GOD!

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Ascended rings can be purchased for 25 laurels and 250 badges of honor.
Haha kitten you. I actually did wait this patch and then i see this. Did PvE heros need laurels when they farmed hundred rings?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

I actually stopped reading when I saw those 25 laurels and 250 badges for an Ascended Ring.

Kitten you, Junkpile, few seconds late.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in WvW

Posted by: mtRXX.8793

mtRXX.8793

rings, accessories and amulets should’ve been less laurels and much more badges really..
Keep in mind you still got an arrow cart to delete of this game

Thanks for anything else in those patchnotes.

Herb The High / Herbaliser / In Between Space
We Be Chilling – High Commander
GH

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I actually stopped reading when I saw those 25 laurels and 250 badges for an Ascended Ring.

First I stopped reading, then I couldn’t stop laughing. Just… wow. That’s completely kittened.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in WvW

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I see our fears of the WvW infusions were misguided since ANet once again showed some insight by making those infusions completely worthless. Good.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

First I stopped reading, then I couldn’t stop laughing. Just… wow. That’s completely kittened.

Pretty much. THAT’s how much Anet cares about WvW players. Hooray!

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Wvw is meant as a sink obviously.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

I just saw the infusions. Fml, I’m laughing now, too.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Thanks devs for the more pve in wvw!!! we need it!!!!! i play wvw only for gathering and for kill npcs for the daily!!! ty a lot!

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

So bad….. what was the point of any of this update? Stop wasting developer time and maybe do something we care about. At least if you are going to give us rewards, do it properly. I can farm a ring in a matter of days if I desire, 25 laurels is lol. Infusions are a waste, the oil skills are pointless, and wexp promotes zerging. Hoorah!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Thanks devs for the more pve in wvw!!! we need it!!!!! i play wvw only for gathering and for kill npcs for the daily!!! ty a lot!

Is this sarcasm? o_O

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

So bad….. what was the point of any of this update? Stop wasting developer time and maybe do something we care about. At least if you are going to give us rewards, do it properly. I can farm a ring in a matter of days if I desire, 25 laurels is lol. Infusions are a waste, the oil skills are pointless, and wexp promotes zerging. Hoorah!

I keep on wondering when the REAL world vs. world changes are coming… this can’t be it.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I support this.

The only 2 things i’m looking foward to are optimization (never hurts..but will it be noticeable?) and chests for wxp, might be a nice way to get some stuff out of wvwing..
but prolly will just get a flood of pvers farming wxp for chests due to magic words “Chance of precursors”.
Which will mean more lag, more blob, more queques, less quality (on average).

Greaaat.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: howie.4596

howie.4596

Now i am 100% sure that the developers don’t actually give a kitten about WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Ascended gear costs should probably be adjusted towards more badges, less laurels (double or triple the badges cost, half the laurels cost…something along those lines).

But the introduction of the WvW Rank rewards chest is certainly a “proper reward.” Not to mention the fact they are rewarding previously-achieved ranks, which is something you rarely see in MMOs. I do think drop rate/quality for general WvW kills should be increased, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Well I had waited until this patch to see if Anet could keep me interested in WvW and GW2. This pretty much killed it for me. Anet you still aren’t listening to the players.

Looking forward to ESO.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Another mediocre patch. surprise surprise
Oh well, it’s fun seeing arrowcarts moving into open field soon no patch of land will be untouched.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

For a very long time I am waiting for better commander system they promised.
Then I hope for larger groups, than 5.
But at least I can use Oil and reflect projectiles.

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Why are masterwork items in the loot table for the rank chest? Please tell me those are just for players that earn ranks at levels before rare items become available.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I can’t wait to get that defensive infusion.

-1% damage to lords and guards? Yes please….

Obviously, this must be a typo.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Why? Nothing wrong at all with that, especially when you consider there are now three WvW specific items available on the daily and getting the other two will continue to be ridiculously easy.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Where is the backpiece???????????

in WvW

mrmadhaze.8706

Is this sarcasm? o_O

laurels and ectos for ascended items, and infusions against npcs. So no, it’s not sarcasm.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

> Defensive infusions provide players with -1% damage to guards and lords.

rofl

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I was excited… and the introduction of ascended items into WvW would’ve made up for the change to the matchup system (which itself looks pretty chaotic). But, like, seriously… 25 laurels? It should be, as someone pointed out, more WvW-centric which means more badges and less laurels.

I was hoping for 10 laurels but was expecting something like 15 laurels. Way to just screw things up again.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

This is jukittenn.

Actually this is the first patch note, that i cant stop laugh. Wondering who is working in ArenaNet on WvW things, cuz im pretty sure, this is the next guy who have no clue, a just randomly giving us a a totally messed kitten.

They said, there will be ectos from chests (dont tell me about kittening rare items) since from this kitten you cant get alot, and a drop rate is to small. 25 laurels for ring? Jesus I will make faster 10 fractals for ring, insted of spending 25 days for this kitteng bullkitten.

This company makes me puke.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

wow 25 laurels for a ring 40 for an acc, what a bargain haha

Magumer Ranger

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Is this sarcasm? o_O

laurels and ectos for ascended items, and infusions against npcs. So no, it’s not sarcasm.

We’ll chalk it up to a lack of full comprehension then. Laurels come easy enough that I have ascended everything except the back piece right now. They’ll be even easier with the changes to dailies. The monthly is about to reset, if you haven’t finished it there’s 10 more waiting for you and 10 more about to become available.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: tyandam.8962

tyandam.8962

surprised ANet adds useless things to their game?
tell me more about that warrior you rolled

Dev 1: Ele’s are OP
Dev 2: Nerf warriors?
~Dwagonband~

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

So…. I have to play hours of WvWvW to get a handful of Badges and then hours of PvE to get Laurels? … Check. I think I’ll choose the option to do without thanks. Ask Mythic how things worked out for them when they forced PvE on the people who only enjoyed RvRvR. (Hint ToA).

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

So…. I have to play hours of WvWvW to get a handful of Badges and then hours of PvE to get Laurels? … Check. I think I’ll choose the option to do without thanks. Ask Mythic how things worked out for them when they forced PvE on the people who only enjoyed RvRvR. (Hint ToA).

No. Your WvW will, if you’re paying attention at least, get you laurels as well.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

no AC nerf either!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

As someone who partakes in all aspects of this game i welcome these additions to WvW but hope that future additionkitten the mark a bit better. There is still a disconnect between what WvW players want and what we are getting.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

mrmadhaze.8706

Is this sarcasm? o_O

We’ll chalk it up to a lack of full comprehension then. Laurels come easy enough that I have ascended everything except the back piece right now. They’ll be even easier with the changes to dailies. The monthly is about to reset, if you haven’t finished it there’s 10 more waiting for you and 10 more about to become available.

Indeed man, but cmon.. im in wvw for the pvp not becouse i like waiting and farming dailies or ectos while i have tons of badges. It’s a kitten joke!
There is the pve for this things

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I support this.

The only 2 things i’m looking foward to are optimization (never hurts..but will it be noticeable?) and chests for wxp, might be a nice way to get some stuff out of wvwing..
but prolly will just get a flood of pvers farming wxp for chests due to magic words “Chance of precursors”.
Which will mean more lag, more blob, more queques, less quality (on average).

Greaaat.

Some servers NEED ways to get more players into WvW.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Where is the backpiece?

Next update, I hope =/

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

Volkon, if that is the case then wonderful. We shall see I suppose.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

in WvW

Posted by: Didi.2704

Didi.2704

This is ridiculous, 40 laurels….

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Laurels you only get from daily (1)/monthly(10) with now 3 WvW specific daily’s and several general dailies (like events, veteran, kills, underwater kills, …) you can likely do over 50% of all daily’s in WvW. Hope they add some more freedom to monthly and some more WvW specific ones as well.

You should get Event-Mentor counted for each WvW-Event while have an upgraded in party

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Hooray I get to spend my badges on +1% damage to guards…..

Really? Really….

still going to have 5k badges taking up bank space. And still no back piece that we can get without having to pve. Fail again Anet.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Anyone have a note on the good PvP MMO’s coming out? Might become worthwhile to leave this mess behind. The only good thing we got was that we now get rewards for ranks, hooray.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Is this sarcasm? o_O

Indeed man, but cmon.. im in wvw for the pvp not becouse i like waiting and farming dailies or ectos while i have tons of badges. It’s a kitten joke!
There is the pve for this things

There are three (now) daily items that are WvW specific. In addition, things like daily kills, kill variety, gathering, etc. all suppliment WvW and should be a part of your play regardless. Gathering, for example, is quite useful for superior siege. Mystic Forge uses for the same… save your stuff and when that one pops up it’s a freebie. Salvaging is another freebie. Laurels are ridiculously easy to get in WvW, it’s just a matter of paying attention. Maybe you need to kill five yaks. Well, go kill five yaks. Fix a wall, Make bad guys go dead. Mine some mithril and chop some wood. Make superior ACs. Piece of cake.

#TeamJadeQuarry