Rank Chests Extremely Dissapointing

in WvW

Posted by: Mega Myth.5307

Mega Myth.5307

Interested in other opinions. Here is my perspective on the new rank chests…

Only 3 items in the new rank chest. One item is commendations (which I already have a ton…). One item is a plan and one item is random loot. I do better spending 10 minutes running the jumping puzzle. Comparing the wvw rank chest to a world event, it sucks. WvW rank chest is way more effort. At a world event I get at least six items and one is a guaranteed rare. How do they plan to draw people over to WvW with this minuscule reward?

Mega Bones – Necro
http://da-gw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

At least you’re getting chests. I’ve ranked up more than once and havent got a chest at all yet.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

A poorly thought out reward system for WvW…. who would have thought.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I’m really really curious about this statement from Colin:

Ascended items and infusions both will cost a less than normal amount of laurels, and a badge cost as well. (Ascended accessories will remain laurels + ecto, but with new WvW rank reward chests you’re going to be getting a lot more Ecto!)

I’m not sure I’m understanding how we’re going to be seeing “a lot more Ecto” with these rank reward chests.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Trollface.9186

Trollface.9186

So far 8 chests 8 greens.

in WvW

Posted by: Hjulstad.6317

Hjulstad.6317

Ppl should stop whining that the reward is little when its so much more then we had before… this community is getting worse and worse.. chests are a great thing for ppl who only do wvw since it adds some money to the stuff you like to do.. and if you rather do pve then plz do so cause less ques for the ppl who actually do wvw for the fights.

Member of TUP
@
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Why are we complaining about getting free money/siege/items/badges just for playing the game as you would have anyway? With no extra effort on your part? o_O You guys are weird.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m not sure I’m understanding how we’re going to be seeing “a lot more Ecto” with these rank reward chests.

They can drop rare and exotic gear?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

4 chests: 3 greens, 1 rare.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

I’m curious to what people expected to get? Getting WvW experience is easy, doesn’t take a ton of time, and just a side bonus to WvW in general. I swear people would complain if they were getting 10 ectos from every Veteran Guard they killed. There was nothing that stated they needed to add these to WvW, I certainly didn’t require them doing it to continue to have a blast in WvW.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

No disappointment for me, pretty much what I expected to get. If there was something really valuable (might be, I don’t know) then problem would be that some lucky get those plenty and some not at all.

[Hex]

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

Chests are fine actually, and a good addition to WvW. Complaining won’t stop being the meta here on the forums for a while it seems. If you want to have something to be unsatisfied about, go to the topic where they discuss the costs of ascended gear.

Member of TUP on Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Are you talking the reward chest you get for each wvw level?

Because I had 6 and I found only BoH and some silver, not even a green. I was starting to wonder if they dropped something besides silvers an BoHs.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

They can drop rare and exotic gear?

Sure they “can”. However, do you guys see the drop rate for rares translating into “a lot more Ecto”?

Edit – By the way, for the record, I’m not complaining. I’m just wondering if the drop rate on rares in WvW is where Anet wants it to be. I’ve wondered this for awhile actually. I can practically roll my face across the keyboard in PvE and easily get 5 times the rares than in WvW, if not more. Maybe it’s intended, but I’m not sure why.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I like the chests tbh… Every extra badge is a badge much appreciated. Plus the 15-17s per chest doesn’t hurt. It’s not much, but it’s better than not getting them at all.

QQ all you want about not getting super stuff from the chests. You’re still better off than before.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Sure they “can”. However, do you guys see the drop rate for rares translating into “a lot more Ecto”?

Well since we don’t have a drop rate it is quite pointless to speculate. But I would say it is high enough to increase the supply of ectos yeah.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

How do they plan to draw people over to WvW with this minuscule reward?

Most of the people who have stuck through all the shortcomings of WvW are definitely not in it for the rewards. They are a welcome bonus however.

As someone who primarily plays WvW, the rank chests are more than enough compensation for playing the game mode I love. I was able to get an ascended ring from a rank chest which I wouldn’t have been able to get before unless I did fractals, which I absolutely dislike.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

I do high level fractals and get greens more than I should for the amount of time and frustration I put into them. Stop your whining. WvW is very rewarding, especially if competing against JQ and BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I don’t really need gold. Just kitten me off that they don’t give anything exiting. For example gear and weapon skins. Higher you get in ranks cooler looking skins you get and so on. Same with www achievements. If you have killed 250k players or you have capped SM X times you deserve cool looking items which some cash shopper can’t just buy.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

I don’t really need gold. Just kitten me off that they don’t give anything exiting. For example gear and weapon skins. Higher you get in ranks cooler looking skins you get and so on. Same with www achievements. If you have killed 250k players or you have capped SM X times you deserve cool looking items which some cash shopper can’t just buy.

Now that you mention it, I would like to get a fractal hammer skin from my rank chest. That thing just looks so cool. But not cool enough to make me do level 20+ fractals and pray to RNGod.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Why you even get cool items from fractals. Cool people don’t even go fractals. You should get some nerd goggles from fractals.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I think the chests are fantastic! Great job Anet. To anyone who is complaining: are you friggin serious? Ranking is easier than before. You never got chests before, so this is new. You get money, siege, and a chance at awesome drops. They actually took the time to make this retroactive too! How on earth can you complain about this? It’s a great little perk and only incentivizes WvW play even more.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

How do they plan to draw people over to WvW with this minuscule reward?

If people are playing for just the reward, you are playing for all the wrong reasons.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Hydrii.5136

Hydrii.5136

Rewards very meh I expected at least a guaranteed rare like a world event chest. Takes a bit more time to level than doing a couple of the easy events and far less reward. Is what it is I guess. I played wvw before the change and will still play after just thought we were finally getting something interesting but just more lackluster additions.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Rewards very meh I expected at least a guaranteed rare like a world event chest. Takes a bit more time to level than doing a couple of the easy events and far less reward. Is what it is I guess. I played wvw before the change and will still play after just thought we were finally getting something interesting but just more lackluster additions.

So you wanted to be able to get LOADS of free rares every single day?
It is after all quite easy to rank up multiple times per day.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I think what would have been interesting is to give these chests also a drop rate for WvW-exclusive skins. But, I too do question whether the rare drop rate is what they were intending. The dev plainly said that ecto’s wouldn’t be an issue for getting ascended gear, however if you’re getting say, ~4-5 chests a day and lucky to get 1 rare, you might get an ecto from it…though probably not.

That being said, I do like the chests At least it’s something..it’s not a lot, and PvE people do get more for their time in terms of gold (when I go a PvE binge I easily get much more gold, I farmed 100g in 6 days doing pure PvE) than people who spend their time in only WvW.

I don’t expect a free rare every day, or even a free rare at all. But I so far have yet to hear anyone get an exotic or an asceded, or even more than 1 rare per 5 or so chests (which is about the same drop rate for rares by spending 1 minute in the LA jumping puzzles).

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

These boxes should have introduced a new currency, and this new currency should be what you use to buy WvW ascended items, not kittened laurels.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Why do we as WvW’ers keep selling ourselves short in these discussion. “we do not play for the reward” or “you get it while you are doing what you are playing the game anyways” are both true statements, but how is it different at all from PvE rewards? Do they not get those chests for doing what they like to do as well?

When Devon posts statements like: “…to not invalidate the ways PvE players…” I think it is fair for WvWers to question what about validating the ways WvW players get loot?

I can half akitten farm investigator chests in Southsun and get the exact same thing as we are getting with a fraction of the effort. Dragon chests give better rewards and also dead simple to do.

There is a difference between being greedy and just wanting it balanced with other aspects of the game.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Vewen.8016

Vewen.8016

I still have to chuckle whenever I think back of the mention of “precursors” in the patch notes. If this is their way of getting more precursors in the system, we’ll be busy until the next millenium.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

ANet: “Here, have some free stuff for something you were going to do anyway.”

QQers: “Sorry, but that free stuff isn’t good enough. By the way, you guys suck for giving us sub-par free stuff.”

Seriously guys, do you READ what you post? GET OVER IT. We’d all be playing with or without these rankings and chests. You’re getting something for nothing and you have the audacity to complain about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyuzo.4675

Kyuzo.4675

10 chests so far. Each provided one siege, one green and 5 badges.

[AD] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Handin.4032

These boxes should have introduced a new currency, and this new currency should be what you use to buy WvW ascended items, not kittened laurels.

Without some form of currency wallet, we don’t need more piles of stuff taking up our inventory and bank slots!

Mesmer – FURY

in WvW

Posted by: Kyuzo.4675

Kyuzo.4675

QQers: “Sorry, but that free stuff isn’t good enough. By the way, you guys suck for giving us sub-par free stuff.”

Seriously guys, do you READ what you post? GET OVER IT. We’d all be playing with or without these rankings and chests. You’re getting something for nothing and you have the audacity to complain about it.

Actually I have modified how I spend time in WvW to accommodate earning wvwxp. It means I’m spending time doing things I don’t really like but the promise of “ecto” from the rank chests convinced me it was worth the time and energy. It was not, lol.

I don’t really enjoy PVE much but it looks like it will be required to help fund WvW time. (Frost Ma takes 5 minutes and yields 2 rares. Stupid mindless and boring but it certainly pays well)

I am happy to get more gear options and occasional rank chests for WvW. But it would have been nice to have it scale a bit better with time spent vs rewards compared to PVE.

[AD] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Actually I have modified how I spend time in WvW to accommodate earning wvwxp. It means I’m spending time doing things I don’t really like but the promise of “ecto” from the rank chests convinced me it was worth the time and energy. It was not, lol.

I don’t really enjoy PVE much but it looks like it will be required to help fund WvW time. (Frost Ma takes 5 minutes and yields 2 rares. Stupid mindless and boring but it certainly pays well)

I am happy to get more gear options and occasional rank chests for WvW. But it would have been nice to have it scale a bit better with time spent vs rewards compared to PVE.

This sums of the crazy duality of all of these posts. You say that PvE is “mindless and boring but it pays well”, and that WvW is fun and doesn’t pay as well. To me that sounds like a fair bargain. If you don’t care about PvE then what does it matter how much gold you have anyway? Fancy skins dont kill people any faster in WvW.

in WvW

Handin.4032

This sums of the crazy duality of all of these posts. You say that PvE is “mindless and boring but it pays well”, and that WvW is fun and doesn’t pay as well. To me that sounds like a fair bargain. If you don’t care about PvE then what does it matter how much gold you have anyway? Fancy skins dont kill people any faster in WvW.

The biggest money sink in WvW: upgrades upgrades upgrades. Repairs don’t really cost that much, though siege can if you’re not using badges. However, upgrading keeps can cost a lot, and a lot of people seem to not like to domate. I onetime asked in our home borderlands for donations for a fortify, and from a fully queued map I got 5 people…other times I get 50 people, so it all depends. But upgrades can really be a massive money sink to people if they’re constantly doing it out of their own pocket (which I wouldn’t recommend!) And while pretty skins/dyes don’t get people killed, that doesn’t mean we , as players, don’t want to have them (thats actually what I spend the most of my money on, but I rarely have money issues since I take the occassional PvE binge for a few days)

Mesmer – FURY

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Are you talking the reward chest you get for each wvw level?

Because I had 6 and I found only BoH and some silver, not even a green. I was starting to wonder if they dropped something besides silvers an BoHs.

Of course you don’t get items from the low WvW levels. If that was the case people would just make alts and farm the first few 1k WXP levels.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

My only problem with them is the chance of green items should be removed…

Each chest should give a rare or above (so basically a rare each time but once in a blue moon something better), just like the world event chests…

Even with that change the world events are still better…

Other than that they are good and a welcome change…

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Chests are cool. Lil extra loot to sell. But their lack was never an issue. Played and enjoyed wvw just fine without em.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Chests in pve don’t give guaranteed good loot either, why should wvw chests?

in WvW

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

The chests are pretty cool. Only got greens so far but today alone I got 6 chests which means 30 badges, 1 trebuchet blueprint and 1 catapult blueprint (the rest were flameram / AC). How could you possibly complain about that? If I get a rare sometime even better!

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

How could you possibly complain about that? If I get a rare sometime even better!

Because rares, siege weapons or badges doesn’t mean kitten to me. I would take green skins (which wouldn’t make my character look something else than cheap stripper) over these every day.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

How could you possibly complain about that? If I get a rare sometime even better!

Because rares, siege weapons or badges doesn’t mean kitten to me.

Then what does?

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

I like it less rewards even no chests get out pve from wvw, i dont want queues I dont want signet builds I like ot play with my devoted friends who play like team not mindless pve nerds farming just ranks and chests…..

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because rares, siege weapons or badges doesn’t mean kitten to me. I would take green skins (which wouldn’t make my character look something else than cheap stripper) over these every day.

And what makes you think that these chests are added for people that are not really interested in WvW?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

The problem is that the rare drop it’s too low… I understand that it’s not a “guaranteed rare” (i think it should be, not every day can get tons of chests, it depends on how your match is going, and also it takes some time to get a rank, so not lots of players get lots of chests/day).

I’ve been playing WvW 7 months and i just play this game for WvW, and i h8 to have to go PvE just to play WvW on a decent way (buying upgrades). I think we need a way to can earn some money by just playing WvW, of course playing right now give to you the enough money to pay repairs and some upgrades, but you can’t earn money from it or need lot of time to earn the same as one PvE guy can earn doing 5 times CoF p1 (I ALSO WANT TO LOOK COOL!).

The badges on the chests.. meh… maybe are good for the people who want them for the legendary.. I’m still thinking how i’ll buy gems to get more bank slots so i’ll be able to deposit this badges…

Blueprints.. yeah.. it’s okay.. i’ll use them.

But now i want to say something.. Doing de WvW JP give more reward than WXP chests (more blueprints, almost the same badges and more items).

I actually opened 12 chests… I still want to see a rare item at least.. got 12 greens.

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As I’m on a server with serious WvW population issues (NSP), I was hoping the chests would have better/more loot so that more PvE’ers would be encouraged to try out WvW. I guess that’s not going to happen.

By the way, with the addition of these chests (and the badges in them) — I say we get rid of badges as rewards for the JP’s.

in WvW

Posted by: sata.6321

sata.6321

I just play wvw for the community and the battles, the guild content and overall fun

in WvW

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

So some of you hate the new chests because it doesn’t reward you enough to do WvW? I seriously can’t understand that logic. I do WvW to pvp and to fight enemies, to enjoy skirmishes and big battles, not to go kill for a reward and expect 100% to get a precursor which seems to be the case with a lot of you lot making these kinds of threads. I get the feeling you guys are the same guys who posted in forums from other MMO’s after you got PKED and your gear dropped, but when YOU got an item for a player it was great because you got rewarded. Some of you are just unbelievable.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So some of you hate the new chests because it doesn’t reward you enough to do WvW? I seriously can’t understand that logic. I do WvW to pvp and to fight enemies, to enjoy skirmishes and big battles, not to go kill for a reward and expect 100% to get a precursor which seems to be the case with a lot of you lot making these kinds of threads. I get the feeling you guys are the same guys who posted in forums from other MMO’s after you got PKED and your gear dropped, but when YOU got an item for a player it was great because you got rewarded. Some of you are just unbelievable.

My feeling is that a lot of PvE players don’t even try out WvW because they hear of the crappy rewards… the more/better the rewards, the more people we’ll have in WvW — which is great for the lower tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

Good because it will be full of PVE players that want the award making huge queues
this way more players that doesn’t rly care for the chest but for the WvW will go there

SFR