SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Mjolniir.2541

Mjolniir.2541

Next period’s match ups. I’m pretty pumped up about playing against new opponents.

Attachments:

I am the punishment of God… If you had not
committed great sins, God would not have sent a
punishment like me upon you." ~ Temüjin ~

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I don’t know… 3 days left of matchup and the gap between ratings is getting smaller…

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: illuminate.7053

illuminate.7053

Score update! SBI fighting!

Attachments:

Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Officer
Sea Of Sorrows

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Lol. Good luck with that.

Yeah our five went for a good fight several times there. Sometimes we got it sometimes not. Always being hit by the treb. We got it down some though.

Good luck teaching your new crew how to press 2, wait, and press 2 again. Switch to cow, press 2, etc. That’s going to go far for your crew.

one player pressing 2. then pressing 2 again…. held up 5 angry enemy players who hopped up and down under him till they died. several times. seems legit
north camp was +15 supps for 3 hours too. Those odds are good for me.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

It must of been 5 other players, as I am sure we weren’t the only ones going up there because we didn’t die several times to the treb you built.

But good training, I can see where that’s going to come in handy for you in the future.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wotah.2975)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

It must of been 5 other players, as I am sure we weren’t the only ones going up there because we didn’t die several times to the treb you built.

But good training, I can see where that’s going to come in handy for you in the future.

LOL your mad bre..its ok though, we still love you all for coming to the camp and entertaining us

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

I believe the “training” was happening down south with the commander and not with folks like me on the treb.

That said, I did learn a lot about proper dead cow placement, how to hit 2 at the right times! I even used some advanced tactics and hit 1 and 3 a couple of times. It was amazing!

Are we really trying to trash talk about people using siege? I mean, I could talk about how north camp was quickly turned into a kill zone that SoS and JQ suddenly avoided for hours unlike any other night where the very same place is that dive bar every red name goes to before hitting up their next party place of choice.

I could point out that it took until about 3:30am Central before it was flipped (and then quickly flipped right back). I could even throw out some sort of taunt or claim about Ewoks, Godzilla with a saddle, or my Lord Jesus Christ.. but why do that?

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Wotah.2975

LOL your mad bre..its ok though, we still love you all for coming to the camp and entertaining us

Not mad what so ever, however I was kind of like “So they’re just going to sit there all day and shoot into the camp? Why’ll their stuff is being taken? Makes sense to me. Let’s see how many we can get up here before we die to pull them away from other things.”

And it worked everytime.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Lavath.8924

Not mad what so ever, however I was kind of like “So they’re just going to sit there all day and shoot into the camp? Why’ll their stuff is being taken? Makes sense to me. Let’s see how many we can get up here before we die to pull them away from other things.”

And it worked everytime.

I’m not sure how it worked every time. I think there was two, maybe three of us that were actually sitting on the siege (discussing other things while we waited for you to come visit). As for everyone else, they were likely following the afore mentioned “training” that a previous commander spoke of. We normally had to pull them up to the camp when you wanted to play.

Otherwise, it was a small number of us on the siege. I know this because it was me that was dropping cows on your head… and I got a lot of bags and badges off of that.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Another fine nights play, very enjoyable. The JQ guild tagged FOO really brings it late in my evening and show great skills and coordination. Good stuff.

Go SBI go! A great effort is being put in by the SBI community and only a few points of rating stand between SBI and BG. I will be happy to play against whoever but I am loving the fight SBI is making to hang in there, Good luck.

Keep it up SoS, we are improving our scouting, communication and coordination all the time. This is another good weekly match regardless of who wins it!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Do people not like Monday’s?

I logged on yesterday. SoS, 6 PM EST. Nobody in any map except EB. It was so bad I couldn’t even get into an overflow with 3 other people from different servers to start FOTM.

Today, I log on same time. Magically we have people on and control a decent portion of EB.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

If SBI does drop to T2, I’d get busy reinforcing your doors. They are NOT nice neighbors. I will be throwing eggs at the bus as they leave town though, in an effort to get some on cover girls face. =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Lavath.8924

If SBI does drop to T2, I’d get busy reinforcing your doors. They are NOT nice neighbors. I will be throwing eggs at the bus as they leave town though, in an effort to get some on cover girls face. =)

And now we wait and see if the elusive Cover Girl takes the mighty hunter’s bait….

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

And now we wait and see if the elusive Cover Girl takes the mighty hunter’s bait….

Eggs go well with with all the JQ/SOS I’ve been seeing this week.. and then I eat them.
I just got our bus detailed so don’t throw them at it!!!

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

SoS does talk an extreme amount of smack after losing by 70kish points last week.

What other server tells the other they shouldn’t be in T1 after just losing to them…(and only on 2.5 days out of a 7 day struggle.)

You’re sure not the SoS you used to be before the bandwagon.

On a side note the real wvw struggle between the oldest GW2 enemies JQ/SBI is coming to an end this week after a long and bloody struggle. Good fights SBI, good luck in T2. I shall stab you more when you return.

Mance

Aren’t you talking smack just now? Its funny though, I’m not sure why JQ gets so worked up on these forums every week, shouldn’t losing to SoS be second nature to you guys now? It’s not like there’s a tug-o-war of scores with the leading position, SoS is just outrunning you guys more and more each day, and it’s been happening for the past month.

Except last week, where we beat you by 70k points, amirite? You’re either delusional, or just jumped on the SoS bandwagon.

Hey guys

SOS lost last week. And we were happy to say you deserved it and congratulations.

But all this poor sportsmanship and derogatory comments towards SOS is sickening.

It’s not like we didn’t ANNOUNCE that we were stopping WvW during the holidays.

Read it here, it was a public announcement and we even posted it on the forums.

http://blacklion.enjin.com/

MERC posted that we were going to stop playing during holidays, it was practically a compulsory event for everyone in MERC to attend family events.

So again, we congratulate JQ for winning because you certainly did put in the extra effort. But this “if we win its cause they suck, if they win is because of some supernatural event let’s flame them” really sickens me.

Posted on Dec 21 2012

Dear MERC Members

It’s that time of year again and I am here to bring along some Christmas cheer! Hohoho!

Sea of Sorrows, our server, our home, has been world champions of WvW for 5 weeks in a row now. This is longer than any server has ever held the #1 position. Our Legacy is secure. Our 2012 goal has been attained. Now we need to seek new challenges in 2013 and our renewed mission is clear:

MERC will become the #1 guild of choice for all players seeking high tier competitive WvW in the Oceanic time zone.

In the past month, MERC officers and members have taken our new reformed management structure and absolutely ran away with it. The results surprised even myself.

MERC has over 1100 unique active members across 3 guilds, with at least 150 members online at all times.
MERC has between 20% to 60% members active in WvW at all times.
MERC officers were able to recruit 500 unique active WvW members within a period of 10 days.
MERC now has 24/7 fully active WvW members, hungry to do battle.
MERC now has at least 3 commanders to be available in each of the 3 major time zones: North American, Oceanic and European.
MERC successfully survived the Mayan end of the world and will continue battling the hidden illuminati overlords to protect the world!

MERC values strong, loyal and committed members. However, we believe that for the long term sustainability of our guild, our members should also be encouraged to have stable and balanced lifestyles and strong bonds to their friends and families in real life. Only through treasuring those we love, can we draw the strength to fight during the hardest of times.

In the coming week, the leave applications of many commanders, officers and players in the guild have already been authorized. In fact, we encourage it as an organization of responsible and mature gamers. So in the coming week of Christmas and New Year celebrations, MERC encourages all players of WvW to cool off from the blood daily battles. Christmas and New Year is a time we should all step back from our hectic battles and spend quality time with our loved ones so that we can reflect on and treasure those whom we love and have been fighting for so hard in life.

Let’s enjoy our well-deserved rest and tear them a new one next year.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Eggs go well with with all the JQ/SOS I’ve been seeing this week.. and then I eat them.
I just got our bus detailed so don’t throw them at it!!!

haha.

Also thank the heavens Merc was the only guild in GW2 to have xmas this year, Tixx was barely able to make all his toys with just “the rest of us” slaved to our cpu’s making princess dolls 24/7.

Now..back to attacking SBI BL! =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

@Jedahs

From that post do I understand correctly that you guys need to “apply” to get “leave of absence”? From a video game? Maybe I interpreted it wrong, just checking. To each his own I guess.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

@Jedahs

From that post do I understand correctly that you guys need to “apply” to get “leave of absence”? From a video game? Maybe I interpreted it wrong, just checking. To each his own I guess.

Video game or not, we are an organization and the actions of key people such as officers and organization approved commanders affect a lot of members. Officer status is not just for ego stroking. You are in a leadership position because you need to serve your members and drive the organization and the server forward.

Applying for a leave of absence is just being responsible towards your organization, guild members and server. Leaders take extra efforts and responsibilities so that our members can enjoy a casual yet amazing WvW experience. Those who wish to rise to the challenge of leadership are carefully chosen and informed of their duties so that they can make an informed decision before doing so.

Being lazy, procrastinating, or irresponsible just because it’s a game is a reflection on a person’s character, not just in a video game. In which case, they should not attempt at leadership anywhere, until they have reached a certain level of maturity. I myself have not attempted to run a guild for the last 10 years of my MMO gaming life, until now, because I knew I was not ready in terms of maturity and experience.

I may only play for 2 hours a day nowadays, but I make sure that every second of those 2 hours are productive and drive the organization forward while solidifying it’s foundation for the sake of our guild and server.

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

SBI,

Stay in Ogrewatch Cut/SBI Overlook.

Panglos is off limits to you.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Werent you the same guy who posted on these forums saying wvw was too addictive and that you werent sleeping/working because of it? If you want to talk about reflections of personal character why dont you take a look in the mirror before speaking next time bud.

Let’s not alter the message of my posts. I didn’t say WvW was addictive. I said WvW’s 24/7 nature forced players to play longer hours than normal if they wanted to win. Making it no longer a casual game as Anet had marketed thus they needed to do something about it.

It didnt “force” you or anyone else to do anything, thats a personal problem that you and others couldnt comprehend. Instead you blamed anet for your lack of self control and terrible perception of priorities. Also I didnt alter your message at all, clearly you just perceived it differently then how I did.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Hey guys

SOS lost last week. And we were happy to say you deserved it and congratulations.

But all this poor sportsmanship and derogatory comments towards SOS is sickening.

lol! Congratulations. And I am sick of reading your holier than thou attitude. Obviously you can do no wrong, and obviously everyone goes to your website to read your messages. That makes total sense since you mean less than nothing to me.

Guess what, we all had a holiday. I spent time with the family, did the dinners and parties, yet I was on. I was on for a good amount of time, and I had a blast while I was off work.

Just admit that we beat you and be done. There is no reason to add in stupid stipulations to your pounding.

If you do that I might even come back next Friday and state good job to you on your win.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

drwookie.6391

@Jedahs

Video game or not, we are an organization and the actions of key people such as officers and organization approved commanders affect a lot of members. Officer status is not just for ego stroking. You are in a leadership position because you need to serve your members and drive the organization and the server forward.

Applying for a leave of absence is just being responsible towards your organization, guild members and server. Leaders take extra efforts and responsibilities so that our members can enjoy a casual yet amazing WvW experience. Those who wish to rise to the challenge of leadership are carefully chosen and informed of their duties so that they can make an informed decision before doing so.

Being lazy, procrastinating, or irresponsible just because it’s a game is a reflection on your personal character, not just in a video game. In which case, please don’t attempt at leadership anywhere, until you reached a certain level of maturity. I myself have not attempted to run a guild for the last 10 years of my MMO gaming life, until now, because I knew I was not ready in terms of maturity and experience.

I may only play for 2 hours a day nowadays, but I make sure that every second of those 2 hours are productive and drive the organization forward while solidifying it’s foundation for the sake of our guild and server.

Thank you for the explanation. We clearly just define the term “play” differently. I agree that what you do in a video game may be a reflection on your personal character, but perhaps we also view being “lazy” or “irresponsible” in a game differently. I have no qualms gambling my gold away, or wasting time hopping around a jumping puzzle with a friend, or jumping off a cliff because it’s funny. As long as I am enjoying myself all of those activities are equally productive while in the game, because I am there for fun.

I would hope that the use of the “you” pronoun in your third paragraph is not intended to be directed at me specifically. You’ll notice I don’t often post on these forums so it is unlikely you know anything at all about me. You are unable to judge me based on my simple question of whether or not officers truly need to apply to be out of a video game (To be honest that still sounds surprisingly serious to me, but I’ve also never been in a major competitive guild in any game before, because I lack the interest). If you believe you can judge me based on that, then I believe it may be you who needs to work on your level of maturity.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

@drwookie

Definitely not directed at you personally. Edited original post. Apologies if offended you by accident.

Just my general view of officer duties in MERC guild.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Hey guys

lol! Congratulations. And I am sick of reading your holier than thou attitude. Obviously you can do no wrong, and obviously everyone goes to your website to read your messages. That makes total sense since you mean less than nothing to me.

Guess what, we all had a holiday. I spent time with the family, did the dinners and parties, yet I was on. I was on for a good amount of time, and I had a blast while I was off work.

Just admit that we beat you and be done. There is no reason to add in stupid stipulations to your pounding.

If you do that I might even come back next Friday and state good job to you on your win.

You have to submit an app for them to admit that we beat em fairly.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

drwookie.6391

@drwookie

Definitely not directed at you personally. Edited original post. Apologies if offended you by accident.

Just my general view of officer duties in MERC guild.

Ah okay thanks. Like I said to each his own. I wouldn’t become an officer because I know I wouldn’t be able to meet those standards, it’s just not how I play video games. And apologies as well for any offense I may have caused. I’m on JQ and I’ll say SoS always brings the pain, and I’d rather have a tough opponent than a lazy one (this week is far more fun than last week to be honest).

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Virtsuoso.9761

Virtsuoso.9761

Hey guys

You have to submit an app for them to admit that we beat em fairly.

Make sure it is at least two weeks in advance to avoid “sudden” holiday breaks.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

SBI,

Challenge… Accepted. Point me to Panglos. “_”

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Less whining more updates they say

Attachments:

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Looks like Jade Quarry and SBI have the blues this week.

Attachments:

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

There is like 4 maybe 5 people on in EB right now vs 30+ SoS…I imagine JQ is the same…So yea

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Chest thumping or not. Probably not going to change the fact that SBI is going to play against the most awesome servers next week. That being TC and SoR.

We’ll miss you SBI.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I’m on JQ and I’ll say SoS always brings the pain, and I’d rather have a tough opponent than a lazy one (this week is far more fun than last week to be honest).

indeed its more fun to actually have someone to fight, last week it must of been lonely.

Right now SoS is stomping both servers because there is no one on. Maybe some small groups from SBI and JQ but nothing major. I believe SBI are content on dropping down to T2 and regrouping. JQ seem to have burnt out from playing during the holiday break. Maybe next week with BG coming up from T2 things should get interesting for a while.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

SBI,

Challenge… Accepted. Point me to Panglos. “_”

We logged off at about 12:30am EST last night, missed us. Pangloss is the eastern red supply camp in EB. That supply camp is about the only thing I enjoy about EB (and it fits my guild’s small group).

Even if we know we are going to die eventually, it’s a lot of fun seeing how long we can last versus vastly superior numbers (95% of SoS was on JQ’s side).

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Make sure it is at least two weeks in advance to avoid “sudden” holiday breaks.

Here at MERC, we value our customers.

Please allow up to 14 playing days for us to prepare an answer for your Public Defeat Acknowledge Application Form A93739278 . Results will be posted onto the official wuvwuv forums.

Applications are void if you suffer a loss during this processing period. Please resubmit after a subsequent WvW victory. Early submissions will be made void and a USD 50 processing penalty will be charged.

Thank you for shopping with us, we know you have other choices when it comes to WvW, and we appreciate your decision to choose MERC.

Dear MERC Offshore Representative,

Thank you for finally starting to process Sea of Sorrow’s Public Defeat Announcement. Your support website “band-wagonrus.com” and and service number “1-800-Holier-Than-Thou” has been unresponsive since the holiday season. Also, please inform Evon Gnashblade that his company, “MERC”, is in violation of child labor laws for hiring and recruiting prepubescent employees.

Sincerely,
Virtsuoso.9761
“Department of Trololo”

I found both these posts hilarious. Though I would like to point out that MERC has been on SoS for way before we got any NA transfers and started rising through tiers so bandwagoners might be a tad inaccurate for us(not so much our server sadly). Also MERC themselves may have taken a break(some of them its not like we all just stopped logging in, I know I didn’t) but that doesnt really take away from JQ they beat us, I’m ok with that, I rather welcome it really.(not enough to not try and stop them but still a bit)

That said I personally found the week we lost to be one of the few weeks I’ve actually enjoyed WvW in awhile, It was nice to know that our beloved enemies could still push like that and win. trying to stop them was great fun, and gave a bit of tension back to the game for me.

Sad to see SBI go, though happy to see a bit of a mix up. Good luck SBI, and incidentally SOR get here already so we can have a re-match

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Moderator)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

love this kids chest thumping. love it.

Sorry i didn’t intend to brag, it’s just that i saw a good opportunity to make a pun and i took it. Truth be told in a couple of hours all that is blue will soon be green it’s just he nature WvW, a constant sea-saw (pun intended).

Just as you say, it is because of the see saw nature of WvW that (generally speaking) posting screenies of blowouts, unicolor maps, or any sort of score update implying total domination is considered being a gloat.

Not that you were, but you can certainly see how posting that screen shot as an unbiased ‘score update’ might turn a few stomachs sour.

Oh and to the other people discussing holidays: JQ won during New Years holidays. SoS won during Christmas holidays. No frigging way New Years caused a greater population drop than Christmas, even in Australia (wow, when I heard that excuse I nearly choked! lol).

A win is a win. SoS won legit during Christmas week. JQ won legit during New Years. Can’t say one is legit and one is not. The end.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

All I see is a bunch of JQ forum warriors trashing Jedahs and my server for saying “Congrats, you beat us over New Years, looking forward to this week” I must’ve missed the memo for when it was deemed socially acceptable and respectful to rip on another server for congratulating you. Let me just run some numbers by all these smack-talkers real quick:

SoS, SBI, and JQ have been in 9 (if you include this week) matches together, only 3 of which were what you could consider holiday-esque (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s). SoS has won 7 (more likely going to be 8 judging by this week’s progression) of 9 with the only loss being during the week of New Years. So, excluding the other holiday weeks, you are left with 6 weeks of SoS being victorious without the excuse of holidays (hell I’ll give it benefit of the doubt and say 5, we’ll count the terrible Wintersday event as one).

All I’m saying is for using that “we’re on holiday/break excuse” as often as it was thrown out there, nobody stepped up their game the following week to prove that it really was because nobody was online. SoS did step it up this week after our loss to prove just that.

So to me, Jedahs (and probably most of SoS’) statements regarding any “Congrats on the win, we were doing Christmas stuff,” should be interpreted as “Congrats on the win, we slacked off and you stuck it to us. Hope to see what you can do this week against our real force.” At least that’s what I thought JQ and SBI were saying every time that holiday excuse surfaced; I assumed everyone would be bringing the hurt once the population came back, guess I was wrong.

P.S. – GTFO Pangloss SBI, that is [VI]’s supply camp, rather it was for almost 4 hours last night.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

hex.3218

All I see is a bunch of JQ forum warriors trashing Jedahs and my server for saying “Congrats, you beat us over New Years, looking forward to this week” I must’ve missed the memo for when it was deemed socially acceptable and respectful to rip on another server for congratulating you. Let me just run some numbers by all these smack-talkers real quick:

SoS, SBI, and JQ have been in 9 (if you include this week) matches together, only 3 of which were what you could consider holiday-esque (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s). SoS has won 7 (more likely going to be 8 judging by this week’s progression) of 9 with the only loss being during the week of New Years. So, excluding the other holiday weeks, you are left with 6 weeks of SoS being victorious without the excuse of holidays (hell I’ll give it benefit of the doubt and say 5, we’ll count the terrible Wintersday event as one).

All I’m saying is for using that “we’re on holiday/break excuse” as often as it was thrown out there, nobody stepped up their game the following week to prove that it really was because nobody was online. SoS did step it up this week after our loss to prove just that.

So to me, Jedahs (and probably most of SoS’) statements regarding any “Congrats on the win, we were doing Christmas stuff,” should be interpreted as “Congrats on the win, we slacked off and you stuck it to us. Hope to see what you can do this week against our real force.” At least that’s what I thought JQ and SBI were saying every time that holiday excuse surfaced; I assumed everyone would be bringing the hurt once the population came back, guess I was wrong.

P.S. – GTFO Pangloss SBI, that is [VI]’s supply camp, rather it was for almost 4 hours last night.

I read the first few lines of your post and agreed with you. I saw a lot of SoS who stuck with “Congrats on the win.” Those were some classy folks.

Then you went on some sort of tangent about respect and excuses and numbers. Anytime you a a “congrats, BUT…” that’s not as classy. I’m not saying YOU specifically. For all I know all you said was “Good job, JQ. Nice win. See you next week.”

It’s just a shame that you had to ruin a great start to a post by adding the rest of that junk…

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Wotah.2975

All I see is a bunch of JQ forum warriors trashing Jedahs and my server for saying “Congrats, you beat us over New Years, looking forward to this week” I must’ve missed the memo for when it was deemed socially acceptable and respectful to rip on another server for congratulating you.

Here let me help you out a bit, because you must’ve missed this gem from Jedahs:

Hey guys

Read it here, it was a public announcement and we even posted it on the forums.

You see when you say “congratulations” that is just fine and dandy. When you follow that up with “But” and continue to tell me that you and your guild is on vacation it makes it look like you think that is the reason SoS lost so much. I think it is a negative thing for SoS too. So sorry if I don’t agree with you.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

IMHO, I think last week was an epic battle well won by JQ. On with this week, and then the next, and the next etc.

Another absolute scorcher of a battle tonight, a mixed JQ force hammering away at our garrison on SoS borderland for what felt like Hours. Many guilds were involved and I hope all enjoyed it as much as I did.

IMHO, SBI is not done, regardless of forum warrior opinion I still see many fine players out doing their server community proud. I hope their current coverage issues are resolved. I loved their push this evening into JQ lands!

Congratulations all for a game well played once again. Thank you for making the game fun.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

I personally don’t see the paragraphs proceeding my first paragraph as “junk.” It’s an observation that holds 100% true. I’d say at bare minimum 5 out of 10 players did not even congratulate SoS during their winning streak, especially during holiday weeks. In fact, it was quite the opposite during those weeks; I vividly remember post after post after post with “SoS only won because of the holiday” or “PvDoor is hard, come at us when we have numbers.”

Not only was there not even a semblance of a congratulations in the majority of those posts, it could be taken as a slightly malicious insult directed at our ability to WvW on somewhat even (or even) terms. All I see from these two most recent posts is that SoS commentary is being to a double standard, because when SoS loses, it is unacceptable to say it was due to holidays and the like. However, when SoS wins on a holiday week, it is okay to say en masse that it was due to the holidays.

It is my firm belief that excuses are lame in general and are more of a cop-out than anything; however, it still stands that SoS told the truth – we lost because most everyone was taking a well needed holiday break. Sure, one could say that there is truth in several of the JQ/SBI losses that lack of population was a major factor in, and I will not argue against that, I’m not blind to my own logic after all. However, SoS came out of the gate this week exasperated and with a mission to prove that we are still deserving of that top spot, something that (unfortunately) cannot be said of the other two servers.

I suppose what I’m saying is this – cut the double standard on commentary and if that single tally in your ‘W’ column was due to server superiority and not because of holiday related lollygagging and gallivanting about, come out and prove it with another tally in that ‘W’ column. SoS did it 6 times on non-holiday weeks, I do not think it unreasonable to ask somebody else to do it once.

Also, @hex, you might be surprised to know that I did not use the word “but” at any point in my previous post OR in this one at any point until this sentence. @Wotah, to an extent Jedahs is right, these forums and the Guru forums were hefty with “JQ #1” “Holidays aren’t an excuse” “JQ > SoS” commentary over-hyping the win last week. I know kitten well a lot of SoS was guilty of that during our first triumph in T1 (myself included), so I will plead guilty to the chest-thumping charge. In fact, make that 8 counts of chest-thumping, because we put our money where our mouth was and did it 7 more times.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

Personally I think holidays and breaks do play a role in the match up… the out of game ones. We are now in something like week 9 or 10 out of around 12 of school break for students that are in summer. Last week was a break for students where it is winter. Maybe it’s just coincidence.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Why are we still talking about last week…..

JQ won, yippie

Lets concentrate on this week
Cause thats more relevant than living in the past.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Hey SoS, congratulations on the 5-week streak of winning before the holidays.

But..

I got nothing.

Moving along – congrats on this week’s future win.

I wonder what BG will bring next week.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Brudda, all I’m sayin’ iz when SOS win, we didn’t diss you.
But when JQ win, dey be dissin’ SOS?
Aiight?

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

This thread to JQ:

“Yo JQ, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you celebrate your one win, but SoS is the best server of all time…the best server of all time!”

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

hex.3218

Brudda, all I’m sayin’ iz when SOS win, we didn’t diss you.
But when JQ win, dey be dissin’ SOS?
Aiight?

I didn’t dis anyone. None of our guild leaders or commanders dissed anyone.

Contrary to popular belief, JQ was largely silent when SoS was on their winning streak. We said GJ and congrats here and on Guru. Our guilds and commanders have the utmost respect for SoS and we knew this week we were going to get hit hard by you guys.

People always remember the trolls and never the good posts.

Like I said, I saw many many SoS posters here and on guru give legitimate congratulations to JQ on our win. They were very gracious and classy. I can name them by name, and many of them belonged to the same guild. I have a ton of respect for them.

But this week rolled around and out of the woodwork, all of the strangely silent smack talkers show up with their same old lame taunts and excuses.

I’m not expecting a laurel wreath or anything. Just calling a spade a spade. Saying it’s a FACT that JQ won due to a vacation for some guilds or one guild and slapping ‘congratulations’ on it is below the level your server should aspire to as the number 1 server.

As my father always said, “Act like you’ve been there before”.

I am not saying anyone specifically, even you Jedah, initially did this, but you all certainly seem to be backing that line or reasoning now.

I’ll end by saying SoS has dominated T1 for all but 1 week of the last 2 months. That’s huge. A big accomplishment in WvW. You’d think that would lend enough self confidence and pride to not throw New Years holiday out there as a primary reason we won last week.

That’s all. No need to add anything about 8 wins to it. We all know you guys have won 8 times. Of course we know that. Trust me, you remember the losses.

Let us have the win without ANY qualifiers. You already have 8.

If not, then we’re going to discuss why JQ one from a population standpoint. No one wants that.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Yep reread all the posts for the past two weeks (can’t bring myself to read back three weeks).

All I see is people griping about us talking about our win, yet I don’t really see us saying anything about winning.

Then we get this crap from Jedah, “Well I ANNOUNCED it on forums…” come on man just say grats especially since you are not all of SoS.

Now after that, SoS you’ve (more than likely) beaten us this week good job! Let’s see what next week and new faces has in store for us.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: FKNrocked.7421

FKNrocked.7421

good morning Barren’s Chat

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Lavath.8924

good morning Barren’s Chat

Can someone help me find… wife…

I can’t do this ><

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I dont know why some JQ people is happy for that win the last week…and i dont know why some people of SoS feel like some kind of pros

if that the case then i would say:
- I enjoyed destroying every server to reach T1 faster than anyone, when the game was young and there was even more people than there is right now.
- JQ has been one time in T2, was vs Dragonband and Crystal Desert i think..and both were obliterated so we came back to T1 once again and havent gone down since then.
- JQ has WON T1, vs HoD,ET,SBI,Blackgate,SoS, practically vs everyone, last week wasnt the first one.
- JQ has suffered of Bandwagon, guilds which left, hacks, etc has suffered everything which any other server claimed to be the key for their titanic ship aka HoD, ET, BlackGate, etc and managed to continue in T1 like a boss, deal with it beat that (same applies for SBI)

BUT at the end the key success is coverage, i would like NA and EU servers to merge in WvWvW, i would really like to.

So stop trying to be some kind of forum warriors regarding because the answer from JQ to SoS would be:
- Cool story brah, ive been in the top since forever, hope you stay here and dont burn out for a long time or dont come with titanic excuses.
and SoS to JQ would be:
- Cool story brah, iam winning now.

I took an arrow to the knee