Official T2 Matchup: DB|TC|FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

BT has gone CAREBEAR for this score update!!

Was more fun than WvW has been since the AC patch, lol.

Kegmaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

That… is…

Cute!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

BT=Bear Team

Only thing that would have been better is if it didn’t bug out and actually gave the other 3/4 of our guild their commendation :/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

BT=Bear Team

Only thing that would have been better is if it didn’t bug out and actually gave the other 3/4 of our guild their commendation :/

We don’t need no odd numbers, yo

Kegmaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Wow! Looks great

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Has this AC update made WvW… Unfun for anyone else?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Holy kitten that is brilliant

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So what happen to TC this week its odd.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

some of us were wondering the same. I have not seen several of our main commanders at all so not really sure. Either way though. We got beat. My hat is off to both DB and FA.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Jski.6180

some of us were wondering the same. I have not seen several of our main commanders at all so not really sure. Either way though. We got beat. My hat is off to both DB and FA.

Well its not that bad of a 3ed this week for TC lets hope things work out better next week for your commanders.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

I think most of this can be fixed by just making arrow carts not able to damage most siege. Then if they are trebbing you, you can get catapults inside the min treb shot range.

There should be a counter to anything that the enemy does or can do

“Realistically” arrows should disable/destroy things.

Commander’s options for small detailed tactics (i.e. build this here to counter that), are even smaller then they were. Arrow carts for semi-close range, Trebs for farther away. There is nothing that is a rock-paper-scissor counter to this and it makes taking a keep boring, removes more skill from defending and assualting.

They need to reward smaller groups more, and big zergs less. One way is to have a set amount of xp per objective. If 5 people take a keep by themselves they should get a crazy amount of xp. If 80 people take a keep they should get just barely more than nothing.

Zerg play is here to stay. For the people that don’t like them, xfer to tier 4+.

They should buff server points/world xp/etc to being in the open field, protecting/attacking supply lines. Buff the guards and the dolyak health. Make it fun and a challenge to take it and/or defend it.

Agreed.

Make supply in keeps (maybe towers) to not allow players to pick it up. Instead make it something you can ‘buy’ or activate via an npc for the workers to do. So that there is a max amount supply that can go into rebuilding walls gates. Or make them un-repairable when the camp is under attack/enemy in the vacinity.

Door is going down, and you don’t want to be able to repair it?? So who pays for that cost… is it limited to who’s banner is displayed at the time? They drop fast enough as it is…

Expand the siege cap to limit the number of arrow carts that can be placed in any 2000 yd range.

Expand the siege cap to limit the number of siege that can be built in any 30/60 or 120 min interval in a BL/Keep/Tower/etc.

Expand… yet limit. Moar is better…. except flame rams out in the middle of nowhere. Anet needs to stop that.

These things may or may not be fun for people but what do i know, I’m just a programmer.

Zerging, defending, taking, busting, bottlenecking… all fun parts of the game. Realistically, most captures only take a minute or two with a sizable force. If there just isn’t enough people, different tactics are required to capture (i.e. – lower tier play). The whole idea of gathering all the people on a map to attack is that you have the entire gambit of skills at your disposal, not to mention the manpower. I love taking a tower in a few minutes, just to have another server run in right behind us to stop it. Will they take it? Will we counter? 50/50… its fun no matter what.

WvW Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

What an incredibly bad patch and foolish design buffing arrow carts.

Anet put the nail in the coffin to this already dying game.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Great match this week everybody. Lots of hard fighting and fun action

I look forward to seeing you next week

Welcome to T2 DB and i have a feeling its going to be an interesting month.

TC-FA-DB will be a pretty even matchup as things balance out.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

LMAO that is LEGENDARY!!!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Jski.6180

Your not doing FA any favor talking like that would you kindly leave.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

It’s that time again, folks!

Happy reset eve!

LOL fantastic pic XD

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke.6037

Zeke.6037

Thanks for the GvG Hope. Its was a great spare of the moment GvG, and a great way to end the night!

[Lost] Diva
SF-GOM-SOS-BG-ET-DB-MAG-JQ-SOS-JQ-SOS-TC-BP-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Haha, don’t worry – he barely plays GW2 anymore anyways and I’m pretty sure he just logs on to troll FA. He’s like our resident old timer drunken mascot slumped the corner of the room that rants to himself or random people who are unfortunate enough to be in the near vicinity. He’ll grow on you, eventually.
<3 Irsyko

in Match-ups

Jski.6180

Haha, don’t worry – he barely plays GW2 anymore anyways and I’m pretty sure he just logs on to troll FA. He’s like our resident old timer drunken mascot slumped the corner of the room that rants to himself or random people who are unfortunate enough to be in the near vicinity. He’ll grow on you, eventually.
<3 Irsyko

I guess i just do not like to see ppl from our own world use this thread to talk about how such and such is op. It should be about how well and hard we are going to kick TC and DB faces in! If i need to become a tree and fall on them with my dead body i will!
Sry for being mean Irsyko.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PAGamer.4072

PAGamer.4072

This has been an incredibly disappointing week. We have a new match-up and yet participation seems to be down.

1. TC hello? Anyone there?
2. The new update makes the action move along too slowly. An unkillable NPC and an OP arrow cart. Looks like the most exciting part of the week is the Dolyak parade.
3. TC hello? Anyone there yet?

Sorry! I dunno where everyone went. But we had our Dolyak Parade! It was small and short and the other worlds decided we was dailies, but we was still all festive!

I hope the other worlds join us next time. We can be all happy together just petting dolyaks and shooting fireworks!

Come on! It’d be amazing.

Attachments:

Elwyn Eileurer
The Not Amazing Broken Toaster – Tarnished Coast
[Fun] with Naked Mole Rats/No One Really Likes Us [Sad]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Thanks HOPE for the GvG’s tonight!

Looking forward to more in the future!

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Durakone.5237

Durakone.5237

Happy reset eve!

This is comedic genius at its finest

Dwhite Dynamite of the TC

in Match-ups

Maniac.5163

This has been an incredibly disappointing week. We have a new match-up and yet participation seems to be down.

2. The new update makes the action move along too slowly. An unkillable NPC and an OP arrow cart. Looks like the most exciting part of the week is the Dolyak parade.

Sorry! I dunno where everyone went. But we had our Dolyak Parade! It was small and short and the other worlds decided we was dailies, but we was still all festive!

I hope the other worlds join us next time. We can be all happy together just petting dolyaks and shooting fireworks!

Come on! It’d be amazing.

Make the location and time public again.. Ellehnia knows we on FA would love to have the opportunity to join you..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Some fun fights in EB tonight.

Except for the fact open field combat is nearly completely broken now.

Whichever group gets the first AC up…wins the fight.

Pretty sad what it’s become. Thanks to all the groups who fought us head to head and didn’t resort to building ACs in the middle of the field. Those fights were fun…even the ones we lost.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feydra.6318

Feydra.6318

I have to agree, hats off to DB and FA, you been really great !… As for the question where TC people are, we been sking ourself that, the main answears is, new pve content, some mentioned there are finals for students comming up, then also its spring comming so, people might taking a break, it is healthy to see the sun inbetween ;P

As for the ACs, sure they got a buff, but their not that insane, the old ones was just plane silly weak, i could stand dancing in one with my 1700healing power water specced ele… and i like the chess game off coordination that it brings to the sieges, counter and conter conter siege, while frantically trying to manuver stay alive, and the ACs is still very fragile…

In any case FA and DB, thanks for a grand weak of giving us a grand beating !

Miriel de Clavo – Elementalist
Fey Sparrow – Warrior
If i nag about things, its only couse i care ;P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fegelein.7026

Fegelein.7026

Thanks for the GvG Hope. Its was a great spare of the moment GvG, and a great way to end the night!

What was the score of GvG? :O

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Score was:
Agg-5 Hope-0

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Happy reset eve!

Oolune you are brilliant. God I’m crying from laughter.

~Arabella

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Thanks back at ya [Agg], was some fun impromptu rounds!

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

I haven’t played WvW since the patch and so have a LOT of people.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Score was:
Agg-5 Hope-0

D: I heard of a GvG from a FA-invite and wanted to watch, but as I reached there, some HOPE dude just killed me even after I bowed.

:(

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Maniac.5163

Score was:
Agg-5 Hope-0

D: I heard of a GvG from a FA-invite and wanted to watch, but as I reached there, some HOPE dude just killed me even after I bowed.

Your FA invite forgot to tell you how bloodthirsty some Aspenwooders are when they see the TC tag..

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Score was:
Agg-5 Hope-0

Your FA invite forgot to tell you how bloodthirsty some Aspenwooders are when they see the TC tag..

Maybe next time I will /bow then /kneel and then /me prays.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

RE looking for more gvg matchups!

Wisp me!

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark King Rayleigh.9174

Dark King Rayleigh.9174

Here are several WvW videos I uploaded this past week:

Middle of April Highlights – Most of the video in this is from before our matchup. I had some footage and needed to make a video so I could delete it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbH-I8qFYUU

Epic Wednesday Night Of April – Some great fights we had last wednesday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnrYnVbJ2AA

Fights at SE Supply – Some great fights from this week from at SE supply camp. All the video was on the same day (sat or sun i forget which).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaxD_sMhe-0

A compilation of some of our great fights from this week. This one is still currently uploading. Should be done in 15 mins or so.
http://youtu.be/5F-xHFmHwbE

Commander Dark King Zoro – Support Guardian
Dark King Brook – DPS Necro
[BT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Seeing more love here this week <3. Is it that we (WvW players, not server specific) get to rant and rave about the arrow carts?

Is it that the ele’s are too busy crying and dying because they can’t do the misty healy thing now or that now the Lightning Rides Them? Which entertains the other 7 classes.

Or is it that we’re all happy to have some new blood bleeding and bleeding us back with DB joining us? Maybe it was KN? Bwhaaaa, no way, but since they’re not here, like any good office gossip pool, let’s blame them behind their thread. Not really, <3 to KN.

Clan Wars. It was L5R. And it was the nice term for a West Virginian family reunion.

Remember, FINGER! MOON! Silly trolls.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

Seeing more love here this week <3. Is it that we (WvW players, not server specific) get to rant and rave about the arrow carts?

Is it that the ele’s are too busy crying and dying because they can’t do the misty healy thing now or that now the Lightning Rides Them? Which entertains the other 7 classes.

Or is it that we’re all happy to have some new blood bleeding and bleeding us back with DB joining us? Maybe it was KN? Bwhaaaa, no way, but since they’re not here, like any good office gossip pool, let’s blame them behind their thread. Not really, <3 to KN.

Clan Wars. It was L5R. And it was the nice term for a West Virginian family reunion.

Remember, FINGER! MOON! Silly trolls.

Zestee -.-

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I think it would be better for everyone if they just returned ACs to how they were before.

No, ACs got abused before too. Anyone that plays in window mode was able to shoot over walls. Going back to the old AC won’t fix this.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Before I go to work…score update.

Attachments:

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Before I go to work…score update.

thanks!!!!!!

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: destoyer of lives.7963

destoyer of lives.7963

Good job TC taking your bay back………but i have one question…….how do you use an ac to hit lords room from outside north inner gate?……good thing everyone took screenshots of it.

[IMPS] Southern Superman
Jade Quarry God/and sometimes commander
~80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

Well, since I will try and have no part in this AC vs AC bullkitten.

[VK] is looking for more GvG opponents!

pm me in game, or on here.

i know you can’t be enjoying the treb wars. Come actually play guild wars with us

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Good job TC taking your bay back………but i have one question…….how do you use an ac to hit lords room from outside north inner gate?……good thing everyone took screenshots of it.

You should probably be directing that question to ANet. If it wasn’t possible before the patch and now it is, then most likely its an unforseen side effect of the AC buff that someone discovered and made use of.

Thats not an exploit….its a bug.

Not unlike the leg mechanic for warriors on AC’s that someone discovered and everyone used until ANet fixed it.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Zestee -.-

Higgies! ^.^

I’m glad you got your legendary vista! Or vistad your legendary. YaY!

in Match-ups

Posted by: destoyer of lives.7963

destoyer of lives.7963

You should probably be directing that question to ANet. If it wasn’t possible before the patch and now it is, then most likely its an unforseen side effect of the AC buff that someone discovered and made use of.

Not unlike the leg mechanic for warriors on AC’s that someone discovered and everyone used until ANet fixed it.

I never said the “E” word. but it is what it is……..the person on the ac knew what they was doing bottom line

[IMPS] Southern Superman
Jade Quarry God/and sometimes commander
~80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I never said the “E” word. but it is what it is……..the person on the ac knew what they was doing bottom line

Just like every warrior on every server traited for “legs” and used that unforseen buff until it was fixed. Just like peeps in your zerg are gonna be using this buff too.

Until its fixed..or not..as ANet desires.

Maybe it was intentional on their part?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Uhh..well actually. Making use of a bug that wasn’t intended by anet which apparently gives advantage over others, is an exploit.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Anyone that plays in window mode was able to shoot over walls.

Not entirely true. The camera still hits the wall preventing you from seeing over it if you’re on ground level. You need to be almost level to the walls height to shoot over, which takes away a lot of the advantage.

The real advantage is being able to peak around corners and get the circle down.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

I never said the “E” word.

Eggplant?

On server colors after reset:

I want to be green! A green that isn’t mean. A green that likes to be seen. A green that isn’t envy. A green that gels without jealousy. I’m sylvari! I’m green inside and parts out too. My lips are green. Some of my purply armor has green roots to root for the green!

I want to be blue! A blue that is true. A blue that isn’t bad to the sad. A blue that lifts up and doesn’t put down. A blue of sky and dreams that fly. A sky without arrow carts.
Bwhaaaa. A happy off color blue for things that I do!

I want to be red! A red that isn’t dead. A red that isn’t mad cuz that makes people the sad. Angry angsty red needs to go back to bed. Red of heart and of love to try to try without so much qq cry. A red that stays within and not bleedy splurty ow ow ow get the red out. Hot chili pepper love fed red!

I want to put a bow on the rainbow and take a bow and take away the ow cuz we should all be happy and free to play all day in any way that’s what I say!

Ooo… cookie.

( I need to RP someone who mopes… )

in Match-ups

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

I’m guessing it’s the 1st AC mastery skill, increased range, combined with 3-screen FoV.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood