Tier 1: BG/JQ/SoR 05/10/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

+120 PPT on NA primetime?

R.I.P Bags Galore.

Nah, this week is not a good indicator of coverage.

I think SoR is doing some overplaying.

Also, according to some friends, except for SoR BL, all the other BLs are queued for BG and JQ.

Plus, SoR ticking this high during NA prime is nothing new. It’s business as usual.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

There are soo many variables even fighting same class from pc lag to skill lag, long late play hours that you win and lose some. I would never bother to compile a video showing all the times that I have won fights… because I have nothing to prove.
I let you in a little secret, my 13 yr. old son loves playing thief and he wins most of the time.

The implication being that thief must be easy mode if a 13 yr old can win with it?

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Btw… for the love of anything and everything, let’s not ruin our health over a game! Every hour or so, go afk and walk around the room for a couple of minutes. Also, look out a window and adjust your eye’s focus on something distant. Which should be every 15 minutes actually. You’ll feel better physically and the game will be more fun. Because you’ll feel better!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For that video, I was one of the Staff Ele’s you kitten!!!!!!!
Where’s my release form??? jk lol

Editing this to add, that after watching the whole video, I realized that, “Wow I look good” Another is that he didn’t show that two of us ganked his butt later! Determined I was And yeah, he’s SO annoying!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

SoR = Miami Heat
BG = Chicago Bulls

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

Plus, SoR ticking this high during NA prime is nothing new. It’s business as usual.

Yeah the big difference so far has been SoR ticking strongly in EU as well as NA.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bammit.4796

Bammit.4796

GoGo SOR ><

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

I have already tried thief and shortly found it no challenge… please try other classes and post some videos.
I just remembered the saying you’re only young once, but you can be immature forever.

And yet most thieves can’t come close to Yishis.

People in wvw die to thieves because EVERY thief is built for dueling and 1v1 while 80% of the wvwvw people are built for group fights… Also there already are alot of threads about how broken the class is in wvw as opposed to spvp.

Thief is the easiest class to solo play in wvw if you are skilled and like challenge play a different class and do the same. Until then it’s all the same to me.

Why so much hate? TEAM RIOT puts out a number of videos across a bunch of classes and they are all very good. No reason to insult some one because you don’t feel he meets your standard of “skill” which is relative anyway.

Maybe you should rethink how you look at the video. I doubt Yishis needs approval of forum warriors. He does a amazing job with the videos and commentary, so it shows how a good D/D thief plays in a 1vX fight which could help others learn how to counter these builds.

Thanks for the props, Zikory. And yes, I can guarantee that Yishis doesn’t care about trolls in these forums. I posted the video not for their benefit, but for the rest of the T1 player base who finds his videos educational and entertaining.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Hope some guilds after a real challenge go to jq and keep the server going. Would be quite difficult fighting the numbers currently running in t1.

For some reason (casts a conspiratorial glare at ANet) JQ is locked in a “FULL” state now, even with the transfers we’ve had off. Used to be there were times of the day it would fall to “Very High”, but something changed.

(BG is also apparently “FULL” locked, but they’ve had an influx compared to JQ having had some players leave.)

It would be horrible if things were being tweaked behind the scenes like that. ANet did say they were working on ways to shake things up, so I just may need my first roll of tin-foil.

I am willing to put up my left testicle that either the server status is broken, it has no relation to WvW player population or there is tampering going on. And just to point out, my leftie is my bestie. Its the baby maker for sure.

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

score update, end of SEA (taipei time 1:44 am)

SoR pretty much neutralize JQ’s SEA advantage.

Least for one day. Still early in the week.

What every server benefits from (assuming the score favors them) is the usual PVE players which there are a ton more of will join the fray thereby helping with coverage. SOR am sure has quite a bit of pve people who typically don’t wvw being active participants this week and that is a good thing.

Don’t get why SoR has more PVE players participating this week than any other server… that makes no sense.

I don’t think he means it that way. He means to say SoR has a very casual WvW pop. I don’t know how it is on other servers. These are not exclusively PVE players. They are players that do both PVE and PVP, and when there are events going on you wont find them in WvW they rater run event dungeons all day long, or do other PVE kinda stuff. Then they go into WvW. Right now with no Event dungeon or quests to do these people come into wvw.

I’m sure that is the case on other servers to a lesser degree than SoR cuz like i said there’s a very casual wvw atmosphere on the server.

Except SOR probably has more hardcore pure wvw guilds out of all the servers in tier 1.

Id disagree. I think BG has the most.

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

+120 PPT on NA primetime?

R.I.P Bags Galore.

Nah, this week is not a good indicator of coverage.

I think SoR is doing some overplaying.

Also, according to some friends, except for SoR BL, all the other BLs are queued for BG and JQ.

Your friends are wrong.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Hope some guilds after a real challenge go to jq and keep the server going. Would be quite difficult fighting the numbers currently running in t1.

For some reason (casts a conspiratorial glare at ANet) JQ is locked in a “FULL” state now, even with the transfers we’ve had off. Used to be there were times of the day it would fall to “Very High”, but something changed.

(BG is also apparently “FULL” locked, but they’ve had an influx compared to JQ having had some players leave.)

It would be horrible if things were being tweaked behind the scenes like that. ANet did say they were working on ways to shake things up, so I just may need my first roll of tin-foil.

I am willing to put up my left testicle that either the server status is broken, it has no relation to WvW player population or there is tampering going on. And just to point out, my leftie is my bestie. Its the baby maker for sure.

Wuhat? Why on earth would it be specific to WvW pops? You guys simply severely underestimate how much of a minority dedicated WvW players are.

If you didn’t already know, TC is the third server that’s hitting “Full”. That should put things into perspective.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

Yeah the big difference so far has been SoR ticking strongly in EU as well as NA.

Makes it even better that we didn’t have to bribe anyone to do it either :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I.E. JQ better have that great community back on track.
Cuz you guys ain’t recruiting squat.

in Match-ups

Israel.7056

One keeps cool and plays well. The other is full of bandwagoners that don’t know anything about the game.

I really feel sorry for you man.

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

I.E. JQ better have that great community back on track.
Cuz you guys ain’t recruiting squat.

Its still possible to get guilds into a server with full status.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Looking for any BG/JQ guilds to join us in SoR BL, SF/KnT/AoS/GoF/Rise/HzH/Icoa!?!?!
Oh well I tried.

We just looked too. Did you find us?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

As for any rumors to [SF] moving off of Jade Quarry, apprently i had a couple of my members go full troll yesterday and state that we were moving to BG. I’ll say well played… and thanks for those members getting me a lot of PM’s… You’re “bag of fun” is waiting on the SF forums. We are not moving from JQ and I had already announced internally to the guild and the JQ community than to go through another server transfer, I’d rather let guildies choose where they would want to go and stay in line to what their personal goals for in game are. Mine are to stay on one server, ride it out, and do whatever the hell it is that I do in this game when I play it. This is a personal choice and since I’m the GM, I guess that keeps the official team located in JQ. Kind of like a dictatorship…but only a Jedtatorship… MmmmMMMmmm tators….with cat sup..ketchup…catsup…..

why would you guys even entertain the thought of leaving JQ after getting there so recently? I’ll bite the curiosity cookie on that one.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Looking for any BG/JQ guilds to join us in SoR BL, SF/KnT/AoS/GoF/Rise/HzH/Icoa!?!?!
Oh well I tried.

Yes! Good fights so far!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Full map zergs 20 people.
Complains about not getting any fights.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

Oh well I tried.

All we found was SF hiding behind siege.

I’ve never seen a guild build so much siege to try and fight open field when they clearly outnumber their enemy.

You guys are champs at power rezzing your dead though, I’ll give you that. Gold medal.

15?

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in Match-ups

Chopps.5047

Oh well I tried.

I’ve never seen a guild build so much siege to try and fight open field when they clearly outnumber their enemy.

You guys are champs at power rezzing your dead though, I’ll give you that. Gold medal.

15?

You, sir, have earned a curiosity cookie.

in Match-ups

LethalxKiller.3571

Good fights TW you guys had a lot of people and brought the awesome sauce to the party. Gotta log for the night but my final thx is for all the bags you guys gave us in open field and all the epic fights which you guys almost won. <3 TW 4 eva

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

SoR = Miami Heat
BG = Chicago Bulls

Na.

SoR – San Antonio Spurs
BG – Lakers

One keeps cool and plays well. The other is full of bandwagoners that don’t know anything about the game.

For Football fans

JQ = Manchester United
SoR = Manchester City
BG = Liverpool

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

LethalxKiller.3571

Oh well I tried.

Yes! Good fights so far!

Indeed but don’t have too much fun while im sleeping dang EST

Gun Squad [GS] – FA

in Match-ups

Chopps.5047

Hah, it’s not fun until I get a picture with cuddles. :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Dumb full map zergs vs superior AC with extra range/damage upgrade. Thanks for the full bags.

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

wow that was a fun 2 hours of defending BG garrison

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Match-ups

BakaOniiChan.9564

SoR = Miami Heat
BG = Chicago Bulls

Na.

SoR – San Antonio Spurs
BG – Lakers

For Football fans

JQ = Manchester United
SoR = Manchester City
BG = Liverpool

I’ve think you clearly mistaken this… BG should be City. Surely they paid to get where they are at. JQ you shall be Liverpool as your dynasty is over. Surely you were at the top and now you find yourself struggling to remain at the top. Then at last… SoR the UNITED of NA… as a famous rapper once said started from the bottom now we here.

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

Oh well I tried.

15?

I found a lot of SF, they keep running from hills to bay to garrison. They cant figure out how to get in so they keep knocking on random doors. stranger danger.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Chopps.5047

Oh well I tried.

15?

I found a lot of SF, they keep running from hills to bay to garrison. They cant figure out how to get in so they keep knocking on random doors. stranger danger.

Is that what you think? Bless your heart.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

And as fast as they zone in, SF zones out.

JQ has a bad habit of just abandoning the BL after a few wipes.

in Match-ups

Posted by: syNc.5840

syNc.5840

SoR = Miami Heat
BG = Chicago Bulls

Na.

SoR – San Antonio Spurs
BG – Lakers

For Football fans

JQ = Manchester United
SoR = Manchester City
BG = Liverpool

I’ve think you clearly mistaken this… BG should be City. Surely they paid to get where they are at. JQ you shall be Liverpool as your dynasty is over. Surely you were at the top and now you find yourself struggling to remain at the top. Then at last… SoR the UNITED of NA… as a famous rapper once said started from the bottom now we here.

This sir, earned my like.

Please, have a cookie.

Lord Commander
[GC] Golden Company X I I I // www.gcxiii.com
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Chopps.5047

Bless your heart, friend.

in Match-ups

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

For Football fans

JQ = Manchester United
SoR = Manchester City
BG = Liverpool

I would liken JQ to Milan, BG to Interkittenonale and SOR to Juventus. T2 would be the triumvirate of Lazio Roma and Napoli.

in Match-ups

BakaOniiChan.9564

For Football fans

JQ = Manchester United
SoR = Manchester City
BG = Liverpool

I would liken JQ to Milan, BG to Interkittenonale and SOR to Juventus. T2 would be the triumvirate of Lazio Roma and Napoli.

Last I checked Italian football unimportant…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mussolini.3490

Mussolini.3490

Attachments:

[DI] Divide Et Impera
Jade Quarry
Calígula Severus

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Well, tonight we had a fun time session before coming in. We probably had about 15 people total on and went looking for the least JQ populated map and that was SoR. All 15 of us zoned in and went looking for TW fights but all we found were 15 TW bags. We saw them drop siege at one point, so since we had the camp we dropped 15 pieces of siege, one for each SF member but TW’s 15 wouldn’t push so SF’s 15 had try and take the tower. After about 15 wipes of TW around the tower our trebs finally got the wall down and those same 15 TW were in there and our 15 were once again victorious and each of us had 15 TW bags to play pacman on. Then we went up to hills to scout it and there were another 15 TW manning siege and since the SF 15 were only looking for open field fights with TW’s 15 we only stayed long enough at that and each following location long enough to realize that TW doesn’t seem to like open field fights, even when they have all 15 of them online. In the end, SF’s 15 went away with full bags and lulz.

Good fights guys!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bammit.4796

Bammit.4796

You’re all kittens ><
See ya at the pub.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Way to early to be claiming a victory. Tuesday – Thursday are the slow days for SoR.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eromair.9107

Eromair.9107

For Football fans

JQ = Manchester United
SoR = Manchester City
BG = Liverpool

Last I checked Italian football unimportant…

Last i checked only Real Madrid ( 9 ) has won more than Milan ( 7) … Serie A>BPL

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Way to early to be claiming a victory. Tuesday – Thursday are the slow days for SoR.

Most SOR players know that, its going to be tight.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

chopps will spin it as a major victory. I like his style nods.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

Are you dumb? So what we left. And so what we dropped siege every fight, we are going to be tactical, we aren’t going to just rush in and face smash against you guys. We will drop 10 ACs on your head every engagement if it benefits us. And yes we had a lot of ppl, but so did you.

Good fights either way, we enjoyed ourselves that’s for sure.

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

Well, tonight we had a fun time session before coming in. We probably had about 15 people total on and went looking for the least JQ populated map and that was SoR. All 15 of us zoned in and went looking for TW fights but all we found were 15 TW bags. We saw them drop siege at one point, so since we had the camp we dropped 15 pieces of siege, one for each SF member but TW’s 15 wouldn’t push so SF’s 15 had try and take the tower. After about 15 wipes of TW around the tower our trebs finally got the wall down and those same 15 TW were in there and our 15 were once again victorious and each of us had 15 TW bags to play pacman on. Then we went up to hills to scout it and there were another 15 TW manning siege and since the SF 15 were only looking for open field fights with TW’s 15 we only stayed long enough at that and each following location long enough to realize that TW doesn’t seem to like open field fights, even when they have all 15 of them online. In the end, SF’s 15 went away with full bags and lulz.

Good fights guys!

Translation: we attempted to take a few towers but were thwarted so we killed a few stragglers and then left before we got beat.

(fixed it for those that don’t speak Deadpool)

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Good fights guys!

lol, was this your wet dream?

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

Perhaps he just wanted to get a reaction out of u guys for amusement.

Käï | Sanctum

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

You pretty much just jinxed it. Good job!

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

Nope, SOR has this in the bag.

in Match-ups

Cover Girl.2580

Nope, SOR has this in the bag.

Everyone said this about SBI the week SOS hit T-1. j.s.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]