Tier 1: SoR/BG/JQ 05/17/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Didn’t seem to effect you the last until last week. I remember logging out for the last three months knowing all our work we’d do during NA prime wouldn’t mean much. Or we’d have to log in and siege T3 everything. Difference is we didn’t stop coming out, we still came out everyday and kicked everyones kitten with their T3 towers keeps and ACs everywhere. Almost all the BG posts have been involving nothing but complaining now. That wasn’t the case when Kaineng merged into your server or when SoS did. How many more servers do you need to eat to be happy?

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seasniffer.1763

Seasniffer.1763

Score Update with some SF friends and a SF troll

BUT WHICH ONE IS THE TROLL?!

THEY ALL ARE!

(BTW, that is one sexy Charr)

Big Daddy Thorton – GM of Strike Force [SF]
President of Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rainshadow.4926

Rainshadow.4926

Score Update with some SF friends and a SF troll

BUT WHICH ONE IS THE TROLL?!

Trick question? I’m the sylvari!

Rainshadow
Blackgate
Tempest Wolves[TW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Didn’t seem to effect you the last until last week. I remember logging out for the last three months knowing all our work we’d do during NA prime wouldn’t mean much. Or we’d have to log in and siege T3 everything. Difference is we didn’t stop coming out, we still came out everyday and kicked everyones kitten with their T3 towers keeps and ACs everywhere. Almost all the BG posts have been involving nothing but complaining now. That wasn’t the case when Kaineng merged into your server or when SoS did. How many more servers do you need to eat to be happy?

WE NEED ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untill the [LOVE] guild is eventually on the one server!

but even then, we must consume all the servers, till one day, there is only one

There can only be one

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

pls, theres not enough emotion in that Braveheart quote.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

pls, theres not enough emotion in that Braveheart quote.

There is much emotion, for LOVE is extremely emotional…..

OH NOES!

PANIC PANIC PANIC!

Its okay guys, just calm down, it’s just a game… we can always respawn

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Actually the weeks that we won, I noticed that WvW attendance on TS was actually lower than usual. So where were SoR and JQ then?

It’s all ebb and flow.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

You know, I dont mind losing a waypointed Bay, to a group who was zoom hacking with arrowcarts, it does NOT hurt to lose to Sor hackers. Sor has the superior numbers now, why the need for hack?

I’d like to apologise to FEAR for false accusations regarding arrow cart usage earlier in this tread.
I’ve seen how the positioning can be done legitimately now.
And congrats on your T1 win SOR.

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

Actually the weeks that we won, I noticed that WvW attendance on TS was actually lower than usual. So where were SoR and JQ then?

It’s all ebb and flow.

Duh. Most were sleeping when you bagged those points :p

I’ve said before in reply to another BGer, a valid strategy to win the ppt game

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

I don’t think any of our servers in this tier would be here without a decent and organized community behind them. We are not so different. as it stands the shuffle and weekends are some of the most fun Ive ever had and is reason enough to play this game.

^This, although it is kinda disappointing that only a minority holds this opinion and the majority of the players I’ve talked to in all servers have the opinion that they have the “best community”. How would you know that you have the “best” community unless you’ve actually spent an appreciable time there – and no, quoting a 14 minute rant about how you are the best instead of making a valid point does not improve the view of the community outside the server (Cough Indo’s rant).

I have people I respect in all of the top tier servers, but the guys who post on the forums are a minority of those who (1.) read the forums and (2.) willing to post on them, so a minority of a minority. The views of a few trolls from prominent guilds, be they commanders or militia mean little because its a just a forum for a game where my pixels will hit your pixels in the attempt to get a collection of pixels (i.e. don’t get too invested in a game).

I would say that all servers have their strong base in regards to their community (KnT, SF, GSCH), and are pretty resilient in regards to their populations. SoR’s success comes from having a strong base to work from (the T3 carried from EU), the guilds in NA who have the most numbers on-field and also a Oceanic presence that is equivalent to BG (even at its prime). This came from the night-owl NA staying up, and before it is said that Choo/TW/GSCH does not do that – even 10-15 players from that timezone can balance things in SoR’s favor to the point where we are out-manned (with the buff) in the middle of our prime-time on all maps albeit EB last night when I was commanding (during late NA to late SEA).

Oh and yeah, quit with the “BG paying for guilds hurr hurr” we didn’t chose SoR due to the trolls who create a bad view of the community, and the guys who couldn’t pay for their transfers (~10% of the guys in the guild) had their transfers paid for by the BG community. “Offering gold to pay for transfers” goes only to those who could not afford it themselves, that by definition is not “buying guilds”.

tldr: All three servers belong in T1, have great communities and the constant spamming of “BG buying guilds” is pure and utter crap.

Hi Tarkus. I honestly don’t think it’s nice to call Indo’s speech a rant. Yes, it’s just a game. If it’s just a game why do you seemed so concerned about what people think of your server? It’s just a game after all, right? You seem a little angry and annoyed. Calm down. It’s just a game

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Was fun in BG BL tonight, had some good fights with both BG and JQ :P

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexxed.8023

Hexxed.8023

Empires don’t rule forever, JQ will always be my server, but things change. And the vast majority of us will continue to fight on, it’s our nature.

We Play In The [Nude] | Châmpion Wulfa/Gogo | JQ | http://nude.guildlaunch.com

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update with sparkly shinnnnnny friend Alexa Lightbringer

And look who we found in our citadel!

EDIT:

Map Update! (excluding the bl i’m in)

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

(edited by CuddleStrike.8215)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zagan.5287

Zagan.5287

Bg get your kitten together.

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

We’re busy crying our quota of tears! :P

Kidddddddddding! We’re out fighting! Come find us! Just avoid that horrible horrrrrrrrrrrrrible laggy JQ BL! I keep dc’ing from it….

WHY DOES ANET HATE JQ BL?! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Look how adorable we are, matching n all!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

To my knowledge, there is no other guilds transferring in. There is only members of the newer guilds that are trying to help the rest of their guild transfer. Like [Omen] and [FIRE], they are not done transferring.

FIRE is leaving JQ? This was from page 5 of the tier 2 thread….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Kidddddddddding! We’re out fighting! Come find us! Just avoid that horrible horrrrrrrrrrrrrible laggy JQ BL! I keep dc’ing from it….

Because go to bed Cuddles!

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

To my knowledge, there is no other guilds transferring in. There is only members of the newer guilds that are trying to help the rest of their guild transfer. Like [Omen] and [FIRE], they are not done transferring.

Yup they started transfering in today

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Silverspells never sleeps; you just can’t stop the [LOVE]

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Who said anything about sleep?

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

LOL

Tarkus, he does have a point……

and says you Tarkus! You never sleeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!

INC INC INC!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

I honestly don’t think it’s nice to call Indo’s speech a rant.

These are direct quotes from Indo’s speech:

“Our enemy may outnumber us, but we have something that they don’t. We have a server that’s united with each other.”

“We’ll do it the right way. Not by paying kittening guilds thousands and thousands of gold to get there.”

“The greatest enemy that we have is not these two kittening stacked kittening bullkitten servers that have nothing else.”

“We’re better than everyone out there.”

“We’d rather have a solid community and solid kittening server and lack numbers, than have numbers and have nothing else…trust me I’ve been on the other side of that. JQ had that. It still has that. Nothing has changed. Their major guilds do not work with each other.”

“There is a true sense of comradery on this server…trust me when I say it, I’ve played on JQ, I’ve played on other servers, you can’t find that everywhere.”

“This is the kittening Sanctum. We’re here to stay and it’s going to take a lot more than these two kittenxbags to put us out of it (Tier 1).”

This is exactly the sort of character assassination that a lot of players are tired of listening to from the server with the self-proclaimed “best community”.

Indo may do great things for the SoR microcosm, but you’re crazy if you think the Kool-Aid he serves is good for the GW2 community.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

“Our enemy may outnumber us, but we have something that they don’t. We have a server that’s united with each other.”

“We’ll do it the right way. Not by paying kittening guilds thousands and thousands of gold to get there.”

“The greatest enemy that we have is not these two kittening stacked kittening bullkitten servers that have nothing else.”

“We’d rather have a solid community and solid kittening server and lack numbers, than have numbers and have nothing else…trust me I’ve been on the other side of that. JQ had that. It still has that. Nothing has changed. Their major guilds do not work with each other.”

“There is a true sense of comradery on this server…trust me when I say it, I’ve played on JQ, I’ve played on other servers, you can’t find that everywhere.”

“This is the kittening Sanctum. We’re here to stay and it’s going to take a lot than these two kittenxbags to put us out of it (Tier 1).”

This is exactly the sort of character assassination that a lot of players are tired of listening to from the server with the self-proclaimed “best community”.

Indo may do great things for the SoR microcosm, but you’re crazy if you think the Kool-Aid he serves is good for the GW2 community.

What a hater. lol

I think the speech was instrumental in a lot of things for SoR. You might not like it, but it wasn’t FOR you. And the video itself is OLD. Way back when SoS just broke down leaving SoR to be the punching bag. They were in a position where a lot of other servers probably would have crumbled.

You just wish you had an Indo of your own.

PS, way to clip the quotes you like btw.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

LOL

Tarkus, he does have a point……

and says you Tarkus! You never sleeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!

INC INC INC!

Tarkus! Go to bed!

in Match-ups

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

D:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

“This is the kittening Sanctum. We’re here to stay and it’s going to take a lot more than these two kittenxbags to put us out of it (Tier 1).”

I only said it wasn’t nice. I can’t believe you actually spent that much time quoting all that. Insulting leaders of other servers is not something one of the main leaders of MERC should do.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

(edited by Azure.8412)

in Match-ups

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

JQ outmanned on all 4 maps. RIP JQ. Anyone want to buy me for their server? Come on SOR and BG, I know you both pay top gold for your players! I can literally guarantee a 2% increase in your PPT. Im also really really good looking.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

You’re probably just confused, there’s like 8 guilds with the tag FIRE.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

JQ outmanned on all 4 maps. RIP JQ. Anyone want to buy me for their server? Come on SOR and BG, I know you both pay top gold for your players! I can literally guarantee a 2% increase in your PPT. Im also really really good looking.

I’ll contribute a total of 30 silver if you transfer to any server below tier 4.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

(edited by magikfox.9658)

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

I only said it wasn’t nice. I can’t believe you actually spent that much time quoting all that. Insulting leaders of other servers is not something one of the main leaders of MERC should do.

You seem a little angry and annoyed. Calm down. It’s just a game

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

You seem a little angry and annoyed. Calm down. It’s just a game

It’s not only a game to me it’s only a game to Tarkus though nice try with that assumption.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

I’ll contribute a total of 30 silver if you transfer to any server below tier 4.

Any more offers? Do I hear 35?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

If you are the same guy from SoS with the bell, 40s to stay on JQ

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

It’s not only a game to me

Explains much.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Masamoon.3864

Score update 11:59 pm pst!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kirito.8796

Kirito.8796

Seconded

Citizen of the Sanctum

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Tier 1 was has really pulled a 180. SoR in the top spot? I never thought I’d see the day.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Tier 1 was has really pulled a 180. SoR in the top spot? I never thought I’d see the day.

Slow and steady.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

sostronk.8167

Sold, to the man who likes bells!

Also, guys if you have one of those karka event backs, please delete them. My god. Everytime I sneak up behind you with my thief I have to turn around as Im so embarrassed by how bad you look.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I was on JQ when Indo and TW were here. I think they were instrumental in getting our act together and getting the server organized initially to get to #1 when we did.

Personally, I think any server that has them is lucky if for no other reason alone than they are able to bring organization and build the community on the server they play on. The fact that they also hold their own on the battlefield is just a bonus.

That being said, their forum warriors need to take it easy, they don’t do their guild rep justice. I know they don’t care either way but just my opinion.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

That being said, their forum warriors need to take it easy, they don’t do their guild rep justice. I know they don’t care either way but just my opinion.

agreed

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

Plz don’t stop attacking BG’s EB keep JQ and SoR, we are bathing in loots bags

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

We got bored of the 100% green BG BL …

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

We’re not resting I swear….

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

agreed

o__O

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

in Match-ups

Azure.8412

agreed

o__O

This is funny. :P I remember he said last week that BG would definitely win. Over confidence doesn’t get you anywhere at all.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

(edited by Azure.8412)

in Match-ups

oxide.8324

I was bluffing :p

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I was on JQ when Indo and TW were here. I think they were instrumental in getting our act together and getting the server organized initially to get to #1 when we did.

Personally, I think any server that has them is lucky if for no other reason alone than they are able to bring organization and build the community on the server they play on. The fact that they also hold their own on the battlefield is just a bonus.

Well, this is the part where I point out that our guild zeitgeist is INTENTIONAL.
It’s no accident that we do things our opponents don’t like. We play the monsters, always have. We are the black to balance the white, yin to the sweethearts yang.
We’re used to being outnumbered and despised, it’s completely fine by us. Target rich environment.

Have you ever played a pvp game where superficial animosity wasn’t present? It’s not the utopia some might think. No our guild rep is fine, it’s Indo’s design and it’s as unique as the GM himself. Tell me you don’t water at the mouth thinking about rubbing our smug posts in our faces. In fact I would counter that our opponents need to be harassed MORE as so many STILL haven’t surrendered solo play in a game so completely rewarding team coordination.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Killer.4709

Killer.4709

im drunk who wants to hangout?

lvl 80 Ele
KnT Commander