Er, Build the rams? o.O

Hahaha that was not ACE’s doing

Mercenary Higgins: D/D
Fort Aspenwood

Tier 2: DB/TC/FA 05/03/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

Do you think the outcome of that portal would have been any different if I had not known? You stacked DIRECTLY in front of me. We saw you buffing, we saw the portal come down, we saw the mesmer running towards us. It really was just common sense that a portal was coming. It was actually good on you guys that you used it for more of a distraction than anything else. Burned 1/3rd of our CC on it.

That one portal? Who knows. I don’t, because I wasn’t there. But I’m going to guess you fought us more than once on reset night and yes, things probably went down differently than they would have had you not had a spy in our TS. For all I know, it happened like that because you had kittenblocked our commander 9001 times already and he thought diversionary tactics wouldn’t work. I’m not going to bash you for using a spy, but at the same time people should be aware of what happened; it’s not like you guys just straight-up stomped CO, you had help and you can see it in the video itself.

Anyway, it wasn’t my intention to link the spy to VK but that doesn’t change the fact that you used him. I don’t actually know what guild he’s in, so I was careful to leave your tag out of my post. I actually wasn’t going to bring it up here at all until I saw that video.

I’m not mad at you and I’m not mad at the spy (I think I understand his reasons) but at the same time I feel obligated to defend my guild. I don’t expect us to look particularly good in another guild’s video anyway (who would include footage of a wipe? I wouldn’t) and it’s not like we win every single fight, but I feel like posting a video of us getting stomped with help from a spy is gauche at best and disrespectful at worst.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

Yeap most of major guilds I know agree that it ruins the fun. Ban them from your teamspeak when you see it. Honestly, when there are 40-50 people in your channel it is hard to call out spies. And when you do its like “ya man im the asuran jumping like crazy next to you”

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I vote no one attacks red borderland till it’s fixed. Jk

I fully support this! (If you let us keep our respective Hills and Bay!!)

:-P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

Why don’t you guys just GvG it.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Kwisatz Haderach is not German. It refers to an old Chakobsa saying meaning, “The shortening of the way”. It’s from the Dune series of novels by Frank Herbert.

I remember when I first saw your new guild tag Eve and I was like, “Really cool Guild moniker!”.
Yeah, I’m a fan . Also howdy T2! Just poking my nose in and surreptitiously sneaking cookies from Jayne’s cookie pantry, Don’t mind me…. ^^

I’ve been rather disheartened by how few people recognize the Kwisatz Haderach reference in their guild name. I’ve read all of Frank Herbert’s Dune series, and one or two of his son’s.

KH is a great crew, to be sure. Really fun to follow around, and really fun to have on the map with you. They’re skilled and good natured in my experience.

>.> <.< Adding this to my series I need to read pile. I wondered about the name, now I almost get it.

And Silke: Get outta the cookie jar! Put that back! :P

Good times on TC BL tonight. Had a lot fun! FA and DB kept us on our toes. Here’s hoping FA BL gets sorted out and stops crashing. It’s no fun when you can’t play your home BL. Sorry to you all, it can’t be easy dealing with that.

I’ll warn you though, the series gets downright tangential by the time all is said and done. Some of it is downright jarring. :-P Still a must-read though, for any serious connoisseur of sci-fi.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I vote no one attacks red borderland till it’s fixed. Jk

I fully support this! (If you let us keep our respective Hills and Bay!!)

:-P

NO DEAL!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

Do you think the outcome of that portal would have been any different if I had not known? You stacked DIRECTLY in front of me. We saw you buffing, we saw the portal come down, we saw the mesmer running towards us. It really was just common sense that a portal was coming. It was actually good on you guys that you used it for more of a distraction than anything else. Burned 1/3rd of our CC on it.

That one portal? Who knows. I don’t, because I wasn’t there. But I’m going to guess you fought us more than once on reset night and yes, things probably went down differently than they would have had you not had a spy in our TS. I’m not going to bash you for it, but at the same time people should be aware of what happened; it’s not like you guys just straight-up stomped CO, you had help and you can see it in the video itself.

Anyway, it wasn’t my intention to link the spy to VK but that doesn’t change the fact that you used him. I don’t actually know what guild he’s in, so I was careful to leave your tag out of my post. I actually wasn’t going to bring it up here at all until I saw that video.

As I said man, Spies can only get you too the fight. They can’t win it for you.

Secondly, how do you know I even used him?

Now you are simply making wild accusations based on nothing more than a 1 way PM to me while I was in combat. You see me reply to him? No I didn’t think so .

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

What’s the deal with spies? They’re doing their job just as those arrow cart farmers. War has no rules.

Yeah, I know of no spies personally, but as far as I’m concerned…it’s all part of the meta. Some people get really bent out of shape about it, but I just figure it’s a little spice added to the recipe.

Exactly lol.. It adds to it; it’s more fun. It’s extra elements which WvW I think severely needs.

I will say, I’d ban anyone identified as a spy from mumble, with pleasure. THAT is also part of the meta. :-P

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I really wish FA and TC could learn to put their differences aside and fight DB together for the good of the tier.

Oh come now. FA and TC bickering is SO last week. Once we united under the same banner of new-AC hatred, we became pals with a common goal!

:-D

No seriously though…dat AC update.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I found some sort of plant person. Not sure if you can nom them…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

That one portal? Who knows. I don’t, because I wasn’t there. But I’m going to guess you fought us more than once on reset night and yes, things probably went down differently than they would have had you not had a spy in our TS. I’m not going to bash you for it, but at the same time people should be aware of what happened; it’s not like you guys just straight-up stomped CO, you had help and you can see it in the video itself.

Now you are simply making wild accusations based on nothing more than a 1 way PM to me while I was in combat. You see me reply to him? No I didn’t think so .

I know he was there because I’ve spoken to him about it. If you hadn’t used him, you would have shot back with “I blocked him,” not “It’s just a one-way PM and I didn’t respond.” They could all have been one way PMs, it’s still using a spy to read and react to them.

Still, I can’t stress enough that I’m not buttmad over this. We did fine on reset and I’m happy on DB. Inasmuch as ANet can’t really do anything about it, TS spies are a part of the WvW meta, and the only way we can do anything about them is to be diligent about identifying and rooting them out. Unfortunately, on Friday, we weren’t.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

-Chants- “VK and CO GVG! VK and CO GVG! VK and CO GVG!…”

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

We will GvG anyone if they are up for it

already got fights with [TG],[AGG] and [rB] This week. Could still get a couple more in there if anyone is interested. 20v20 Nothing more, nothing less (except for [TG] thats 10v10)

in Match-ups

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

at least your spies don’t make loud nioses, scream like a girl every 2 seconds, give false information, troll or cuss out people, use the same name like a commander and then try to get away with it or crash the whole Ts3 server after being kicked!

…welcome to T2, where golems like to walk off a cliff,garrison has 74 arrowcarts, 12 catas and 3 trebs(which leads to siege cap on the entire map and merchants are being hired when garrisons watergate is about to come down…

but hey, let’s not fight over who is a spy and who isnt, lets have fun guys!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

We will GvG anyone if they are up for it

already got fights with [TG],[AGG] and [rB] This week. Could still get a couple more in there if anyone is interested. 20v20 Nothing more, nothing less (except for [TG] thats 10v10)

I should probably let Mayo decide whether we could/should GvG. I think most of our core is on DB by now, but I’m not sure we’re ready for it yet. For my part, I’m only on during NA prime on weekends, so unless it happens on a Saturday or Sunday he’d have to coordinate it anyway.

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

I know he was there because I’ve spoken to him about it. If you hadn’t used him, you would have shot back with “I blocked him,” not “It’s just a one-way PM and I didn’t respond.” They could all have been one way PMs, it’s still using a spy to read and react to them.

Still, I can’t stress enough that I’m not buttmad over this. We did fine on reset and I’m happy on DB. Inasmuch as ANet can’t really do anything about it, TS spies are a part of the WvW meta, and the only way we can do anything about them is to be diligent about identifying and rooting them out. Unfortunately, on Friday, we weren’t.

You want buttmad, you read this first post and the follow ups.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/About-that-unofficial-dueling/page/3#post1972226

If you can get through all the tears that is.

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/About-that-unofficial-dueling/page/3#post1972226

Yeah, I saw that. I think that if these become common enough, ANet will pretty much have to make GvG happen. There’s nothing wrong with a match here and there, but if I were a WvW dev I wouldn’t want them to be a common fixture; new content should be considered to address that.

But back on topic, uh…. so, how about that FA push last night! xD

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

That thread. I can’t decide whether to laugh, or hunt the OP down and slap him with a citation for being an idiot.

The specific reply you linked to was especially funny though. I wanna high-five iCryptik now…

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

I can’t even believe this guy was able to type his OP out with all the tears in his eyes. I have had many laughs reading it.

in Match-ups

Loken.9724

Yeah, I saw that. I think that if these become common enough, ANet will pretty much have to make GvG happen. There’s nothing wrong with a match here and there, but if I were a WvW dev I wouldn’t want them to be a common fixture; new content should be considered to address that.

But back on topic, uh…. so, how about that FA push last night! xD

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Please-help-PvP-guilds/first#post1965672

I posted this a while ago to ask Anet to give us something like that for gvg.

in Match-ups

Mif.3471

Do you even realize that he wants the same thing as many of you?
i.e. for GvG to have it’s own separate official environment.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Shameless plug about how awesome [TG] is and how we love to fight both FA and TC and stuff…when we’re not all disconnecting. Also, yay for good fights! I just wish FABL didn’t disconnect me every 15-30 minutes. Ugh! >:(

Imagine it being your home BL map -.-

Well,
I think the closest we’ve had is our BL keeps bug so that no supply would ever be delivered to it. But we still had the rest of the map.

Was rather inconvenient, none the less.

Yeah I remember when DB’s camps weren’t sending dolyaks into Hills for an entire week lol feels like I’m still playing beta

I remember that too…. I was in [EA] on DB at the time and we were trying to defend – and upgrade, but we couldn’t… Sucked… Everyone knows how much they looove their Hills…

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I’m just amazed you can’t hit up hotjoin sPvP with a friend or seven. But I’d really like a cat. And a job that lets me sleep in. And a KFC chicken skin sammich on a biscuit and gravy, hold the chicken, I just want the skin. In gravy. Naked in a swimming pool of gravy with a lingerie football team. Both teams. ALL the teams. But mostly I love the Mists out of that chicken skin.

I’d settle for sleeping in, really. And silence, silence would be golden. If I could use the gold to buy my way out of a job and sleep in.

But, I saw that dueling post and the vibe from the title alone warned me to steer clear.

Now, if the fumes from that $5 vodka had done the same 2 decades ago...

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

I really doubt anyone would go through the trouble to stalk a guild like that.

Anyone please feel free to PM me during NA prime and I’ll tell you what borderland BT will be on, please come and fight and not sit in a tower.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Score update

TC and FA tied for 2nd place

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

He wants ANet to either ban the players who are doing it, or announce that it’s “legal.”

We all want GvG arenas though.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Score update

TC and FA tied for 2nd place

Hah! Looks like it’s going to be a short-lived tie!

FA’s daytime footprint has been excellent the past couple weeks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Eh, all it takes is a little bit of momentum in FA’s favor and its really hard to stop them :P They start manifesting a significant oceanic presence out of thin air! (Last week anyone?)

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Match-ups

Mif.3471

He wants ANet to either ban the players who are doing it, or announce that it’s “legal.”

It’s true that he’s a bit on the extreme side, but I think people who want GvG would get more value by using him as an example of the issues the lack of GvG is causing WvW, as opposed to responding with insults.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

It’s true that he’s a bit on the extreme side, but I think people who want GvG would get more value by using him as an example of the issues the lack of GvG is causing WvW, as opposed to responding with insults.

A well formed argument would have been accepted cordially.

He is just on a trolling rant against anyone who duels/GvGs in WvW.

He’s not interested in getting GvG added to the game. He just wants his version of justice for a group of people that he feels have wronged him… Problem is that he admitted to starting the fight in the first place. Not sure what he expected.

I fully support Guilds and players using WvW as a setting for matchups while there’s still a lack of ANet support on that side. I sincerely hope ANet has plans to add something like this, since it’s been asked for since launch.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mercenary Higgins.1807

Mercenary Higgins.1807

Eh, all it takes is a little bit of momentum in FA’s favor and its really hard to stop them :P They start manifesting a significant oceanic presence out of thin air! (Last week anyone?)

DPS PRO and AVTR have been going strong on FA for weeks now.

Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

New [RE] Vid up!

• Just doing our daily field training run against 1v3+ odds!
  • Open for GvG’s this week, please message me for 20v20 or 25v25 structured
  • Looking forward to facing: BT,PINK,DPS Contact me
Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

we are very lucky to have them!! <3

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

He is just on a trolling rant…He just wants his version of justice…

Smartest thing I’ve heard all day. And it’s been SO. MUCH. FUN. Monday.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

I really wish FA and TC could learn to put their differences aside and fight DB together for the good of the tier.

I haven’t laughed this hard in weeks.

Thank you.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valtrex.2895

Valtrex.2895

Why does FA get the awesome BL
Never have to defend/ free 145 points.
Anet bug DB BL now!!! lol

~ [BP] Blood Pact ~ Dragonbrand ~
Roaming Mesmer/Ele/Engie/Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Everglow.2185

Everglow.2185

Just making up for the free points you got the last 3 days on the same bl.

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

If you look at the matchup thread post counts…I think we can all label TC/FA/DB as the official spammer tier! Woot!

in Match-ups

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

There’s a couple of us dueling on TC BL. Come join us!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

So… TC are you planning on taking back you Hills anytime soon? I logged on fully expecting it to be lost but it still is fully upgraded and claimed by EA. Heard some stories about 8 people holding off an Omega golem rush….

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Ninja Stealthy, sounds like they deserved your loot bag.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Everglow.2185

Everglow.2185

There’s a couple of us dueling on TC BL. Come join us!

Hope you guys are still out there, I’m logging in now

The Havok Legion [HL]
#magswag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Another score update!

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

TC are you planning on taking back you Hills anytime soon? … Heard some stories about 8 people holding off an Omega golem rush….

Story is true.

You left out the defenders-with-extreme-zoom-on-Arrowcarts-to-kill-Omega part though.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

…months.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ninja Stealthy.8740

Ninja Stealthy.8740

I know was funny tho, I hold no ill will towards those guys at all.

sry for the craptastic pic editing. I really hate w7’s paint, W 3.11’s was so much better!

Attachments:

[WE] Warlord Jason Krushbone

in Match-ups

Posted by: Praetorian.3948

Praetorian.3948

Shortened to save space.

TL;DR Commanders should use voice chat, for whatever reason, if they are not just kittening about. Inwitt is not your freind, and is preatty much an kitten. Deal wit it.

Shout outs:

-Deyja. Your frustration motivates me to do better. keep it up, you get kitten done.

-KH guild. I was the guy who did not speak german. You guys got kitten done. I’d run with you anyday.

-Bjorn the Greatwolf. Came into TCBL, last week while some random commander was struggling and not in voicechat, put on his big boy pants, and stabalized the wound (A.K.A got kitten done in the Emperors name)

-AWE guild. Ran around with you guys and got kitten done, despite how thick your commanders accent is.

Thank you for the shout out. It was fun to take take the lead for a little while. I have to give major kudos to those that followed me. I am not one of the major commanders for tier 2 but I used to lead a lot in tier 3 and lower. It takes guts to follow a commander you don’t know (even when he is a Vlyka Fenryka). I think the big problem with new commanders is that there is a HUGE learning curve for this tier. When I started commanding it was 4 tiers lower. All I needed was 20 toasters to follow me with supply and we could take a keep. I have learned a lot from us moving up. There is stacking, fire fields, water fields, glamour fields, static fields, arrow carts that feel like they one shot you, veiling, portal bombs, warrior bombing, plague squads, havoc squads, server zergs, sentries, unkillable buffed camps, etc etc. Something new showed up every tier we moved up and every week we stayed. These are things I got to learn about over the period of this game being out. Now we have people joining us in WvW for the first time or commanding their first time. They have to learn this stuff on the fly. Tier 2 is not a very forgiving tier for new comers. I think some patience is all it will take to get more people trained up. People won’t learn though if you don’t talk to them. Most of my time in mumble is spent advising and giving tips. Something I can’t do when commanding. I am rambling now and have forgotten what my point was. Time to get back to slaughter.

FOR RUSS AND THE ALL-FATHER!

Bjorn The Greatwolf 80 Warrior
80 – Warx2/Guardx2/Necro/Ranger/Thief
Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

TC are you planning on taking back you Hills anytime soon? … Heard some stories about 8 people holding off an Omega golem rush….

Story is true.

You left out the defenders-with-extreme-zoom-on-Arrowcarts-to-kill-Omega part though.

I heard you put them all on the gate….

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Can we lose the Q/A format for the next matchup thread please. It makes the thread annoying to read and there’s no point to it if the A part doesn’t get updated.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood