Tier 5: EB|BP|AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

This thread is halfway to matching the Arrowcart thread for post count. I believe the AC thread was more civil than this one though. :|

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

We get that you guys dont care about rank, thats what we respected. Straight up about the fight. But why be BPs lap dog? If you are going to fight for the sake of fighting then why be used by a group you could (and were) just as easily beat. This is what we don’t get.

C’mon man. You get it just fine.

You are clearly playing dumb, and if I may add very well , in order to get a response.

AR is the defacto smaller server of the 3. If after 10 weeks you haven’t figured this out then you are truly ignorant or just joined WvW.

AR will gladly fight BP 1v1. But as we all know , Ebay can’t help itself and MUST get in its kicks. So what ends up happening? We have BP @ hills and Ebay @ Bay and both poking us @ Garry.

What do we get for our efforts? A bunch of immature kids on the forums putting us down ( you know who you are) in the forums and using lines like ‘bunch of bads’ and ‘dumptster these fools’.

Now I’m a big boy and have grown thick skin so these lame trolls just go unanswered, same for my guild and for the regular WvW in AR. But if you haven’t noticed , AR is a pug/casual server when it comes to WvW. So when the puggies get discouraged ( you know, sorta like what happened to Ebay this weekend) they bail and go do something else.

So this alliance is our effort to bring some life back into AR WvW, ( you know, Tuesday when we had 360ppt) and provide an more enjoyable experience for our puggies.

Do i like this alliance? hell no. I would much rather spend my nights making BP cry and Kalkz rage. But we do what leaders do and swallow our pride and our own self interest and agree to this alliance. Call us lapdogs if you want but this has been a great boon to the WvW community in AR.

Now do I expect you to understand the above, no. The fact that you had to ask shows that your way to immature to grasp the concept. However I do know there are plenty of mature players on Ebay who will understand this and maybe just maybe one will take you aside and explain it to you.

-K

I approve of this alliance and I am a Ehmry player.

Double the hope, double the fall.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Just so people don’t get the wrong idea:

Ebayer’s are trying to break up the alliance because it’s a legitimate threat. Alot of Ebayers out there got boo boos and ouchies from the big bad Borlis Rock and want to go back to rolling over both sides easily.

Of course the sensible parts of the server not trying to compensate for their own inadequacies online enjoy the elevated level of challenge that your alliance has so graciously provided us with.

Think of it this way. Continue to team up and let Ebay have it and the bad Ebayers will just cry and whine and attempt to sabotage more while the respectable ones will be happy with good fights. You hurt the baddies and please the honest players.

A Win-Win I’d say.

I wish ralathar would stop speaking on behalf of Ebay, he has the mentality of a true carebear and does not represent anyone but himself. I hope to continue dumpstering BP and AR.

Points of view differ just like like people do, Cookie. As do feelings lol. We can’t all be, “grrr snarl, dumpster the baddies!” -wall of hate text ensues-… No one of us can proclaim to speak for the others either. Each of us stands for themselves foremost, but it’s the fact that we come together for the greater goal that makes us amazing as a unit.

Group huggle time is over. Now go forth, my little snowflakes… My bloody BLOODY little snowflakes. The blizzard has come. >=D

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

What the EBay forum trolls fail to realize is that they may be contributing to the efforts of their server in the game, and that’s great, however if they were to log off for a week, the match outcome would have little variation. The forum trolls ego doesn’t allow them to get past the fact that as an individual they have very very little overall impact. What wins the match ups is coordination, teamwork, and over all coverage. Currently EBay is showing the best of these three categories. But superior individual skill and/or “dumpstering baddies”, yeah, no. 2 Rekz Guardians 1 Rekz warrior in their supply camp having a difficult time downing one solo ranger while he is also dealing with the camp guards doesn’t show me an excessive amount of “individual skill”. Fighting a thief in ARBL who after an amount of time that had to call for help, also not much a display of how skilled your individual player base is. If you want to claim higher individual skill, you may want to try and display it.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

Outman us more please ?

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

What the EBay forum trolls fail to realize is that they may be contributing to the efforts of their server in the game, and that’s great, however if they were to log off for a week, the match outcome would have little variation. The forum trolls ego doesn’t allow them to get past the fact that as an individual they have very very little overall impact. What wins the match ups is coordination, teamwork, and over all coverage. Currently EBay is showing the best of these three categories. But superior individual skill and/or “dumpstering baddies”, yeah, no. 2 Rekz Guardians 1 Rekz warrior in their supply camp having a difficult time downing one solo ranger while he is also dealing with the camp guards doesn’t show me an excessive amount of “individual skill”. Fighting a thief in ARBL who after an amount of time that had to call for help, also not much a display of how skilled your individual player base is. If you want to claim higher individual skill, you may want to try and display it.

Hrmm I’ll just leave this right here mmkay

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z458/Notsoserious/gw011_zps7c0791be.jpg

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merkenary.9860

Merkenary.9860

Kodiak you sure do dispense wisdom a lot….maybe you could come to our server

AR+BP prime time = prime time Ebay numberwise

We’re night capping you.

Translated from eBay speak to English.

Seraphim Martyrs BURN
Borlis Pass

(edited by Merkenary.9860)

in Match-ups

Dovgan.8605

An online album with in game up skirts? Is this so I can feel sorry for you? Because if it is, it’s working…

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

Coordination level: Ehmry Bay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ot0wR76uMo

Hey BP, we took all 3 of your fully upgraded keeps last night in 8 minutes during peak time

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

(edited by Noice.8730)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Hey BP, we took all 3 of your fully upgraded keeps last night in 8 minutes during peak time

Yea we know. I think it was quite boring from our side and I know more than one or two of us was like, “meh, this isn’t an enjoyable way to spend my night playing GW2” and went back to PvE. But kudos to you guys for pulling together that many people and rushing that quickly.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

To those trying to destroy the truce between BP and AR by stating that AR “gains nothing” from it: perhaps you haven’t caught on to the notion that AR doesn’t really care about ratings

If this truly was the case that AR doesn’t really care then either AR or BP would just give their stuff away to their partners.

If you really don’t care and its about having us lose ratings and you don’t care about ratings. AR just give BP all of your keeps and your home bl. All you do is push Ehmry home Bl and if you lose stuff to BP don’t worry about it by combining your lands as one then you can triumph. This is of course as you say you don’t really care.

Vice versa BP gives all of their home bl to AR so that either BP or AR actually can come in first of course that means faster that darkhaven will catch up to either of you but that shouldn’t matter if you don’t care.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Match-ups

Posted by: Merkenary.9860

Merkenary.9860

Nice communication and coordination.

Cheers

Seraphim Martyrs BURN
Borlis Pass

(edited by Merkenary.9860)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

I have to admit that was a well executed plan. I like how you huddled all golems together and then cycled guardian and memser shields on them to prevent direct and indirect fire. Good things to learn from.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Outman us more please ?

isn’t your “alliance” supposed to help with that?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Hour Of The Mice.2910

The Hour Of The Mice.2910

our big 3 is the true strength of ehmry. ARBP have absolutely no answer to that level of coordination and leadership. i like the part at the end of the video…charrcat: “MEOW MOTHERkittenERS!”

Brave Little Ducky | Asura Warrior
Séraphine Eronaile | Human Necromancer
Ehmry Bay | Rekz/Sekz

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

But superior individual skill and/or “dumpstering baddies”, yeah, no. 2 Rekz Guardians 1 Rekz warrior in their supply camp having a difficult time downing one solo ranger while he is also dealing with the camp guards doesn’t show me an excessive amount of “individual skill”.

To their credit, rangers are kind of awesome ;D

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

An online album with in game up skirts? Is this so I can feel sorry for you? Because if it is, it’s working…

Attempt to deflect and look kewl

3.7/10

Jinks 6 KAOS 0

in Match-ups

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

based on spvp… Anvil Rock has the most skilled players from this match up.

AR skill > Ebay skill.

However, ebay is a zerg server with 4 zerg guilds holding it together. Ebay is just winning due to population. No skill required.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

Outman us more please ?

It seems 2 Servers cant match 1 server numbers

the cool story is. you’re still in this tier, and barely moving up ratings

Plus im pretty sure BP and AR are enjoying the new PVE update so much
i knew this was going to happen. i swear i knew lol

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in Match-ups

Noice.8730

Outman us more please ?

It seems 2 Servers cant match 1 server numbers

the cool story is. you’re still in this tier, and barely moving up ratings

Plus im pretty sure BP and AR are enjoying the new PVE update so much
i knew this was going to happen. i swear i knew lol

Hey guys look! He found another excuse!

in Match-ups

Noice.8730

Excuse ? …….. lmfao

You keep blaming it on numbers, coverage…and now pve content? lmao

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Here’s what Ehmry Bay did:

We got night capped before:
Ehmry formed the [NITE] crew

We got Double teamed:
Ehmry leveled up their coordination

come on stop whining and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Excuse ? …….. lmfao

You keep blaming it on numbers, coverage…and now pve content? lmao

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Here’s what Ehmry Bay did:

We got night capped before:
Ehmry formed the [NITE] crew

We got Double teamed:
Ehmry leveled up their coordination

come on stop whining and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

dont bother with him anymore.
This ’alliance" was his plan to stop us and failed pretty hard. His jimmies are to rustled.

Attachments:

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dophuz.2386

Dophuz.2386

Thanks to all for some of the best pvp we’ve had in a long long while.

This game along with countless others is designed to be a gang up on the leader game. This is why the Green set of keeps is awarded to the top server in the bracket, so that they can better withstand the other two going after them.

It is expected and makes for a much more enjoyable PVP game in WvW.

What the other two servers do amongst themselves about who is 2nd and 3rd also adds to the fun. Stay loyal or plan a well timed back-stab is part of the game.

All the rest of this chest thumping and flag waving is just show.

See you on the battlegrounds!

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Kalkz, how often do you attempt:

• portal bombs
  • splitting groups to target multiple objectives
  • using frontline/backline formations with squads
  • mass combo field awareness
  • hiding mesmer teams in captured keeps
  • having guardians coordinate their walls and rings to keep enemies out of a choke point
  • having rangers coordinate mass entangles
  • having d/d eles scatter enemies before moving a group in
  • having roamers assigned to snipe dolyaks and contest keeps
  • other established and relatively basic group tactics

These are all just basic maneuvers that I can think of off the top of my head. Super simple ones that require only a minimal amount of coordination and strategic thought.

I’m honestly curious. For all the chest thumping you do, you’ve got to have something to back it up. “Superior numbers” is always the go-to excuse for someone who doesn’t want to improve (or can’t). You’re doing exactly the same things you were doing 3 months ago and now that they don’t work, you complain the there’s too many of us.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

• portal bombs
  • having guardians coordinate their walls and rings to keep enemies out of a choke point

These are all just basic maneuvers that I can think of off the top of my head. Super simple ones that require only a minimal amount of coordination and strategic thought.

How long did it take you all to organize and consistently execute above maneuvers? I imagine there is a core group that is good at this and the pugs just follow them.
Do the guilds accomplish “training” runs for new WvW players?
How do you convince someone to dolyak-sit or stay behind and defend?

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

imo Kalkz is a good commander, one of several on BP. Speaking just for myself, I’m glad we have him on the field, and beyond that forums are forums. We do lots of what you’re calling basic group tactics, to the extent we don’t perform to eBay’s level of group tactics at times it really speaks to the more casual nature of our server population, not the competence of our commanders, him included. I can tell you we are all well aware we have to get better, and are working on it.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

How long did it take you all to organize and consistently execute above maneuvers?

It doesn’t take long. Even for spontaneous raids, knowing who is with you and who can do what goes a long way. You can easily just assign people tasks that they know how to do. This isn’t something that guilds do within guilds either. We have commanders in TS who do this with groups regardless of whether or not they are in the same guild, so I know commanders like Kalkz who rally people from all around have the potential to do the same.

I imagine there is a core group that is good at this and the pugs just follow them.

Sekz and GF are pretty good, but they go a bit above and beyond the basic stuff here. None of this requires training except maybe frontline/backline (which still isn’t a tough concept). I assumed pretty much any WvW guild runs these kinds of things.

Some do.

Ask for volunteers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Slampigg.8763

Slampigg.8763

http://youtu.be/iim6s8Ea_bE
Thx for the pvp!

Hobo Boogie
Hawk Ele – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Slampigg.8763)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PaLeRiDeR.5908

PaLeRiDeR.5908

• portal bombs

How long did it take you all to organize and consistently execute above maneuvers? I imagine there is a core group that is good at this and the pugs just follow them.

Simple answer is TS3. Recruit for your voice comm every day. If you do then every day you’ll have less pugs and more team mates. Everything else is a matter of practice.

Bob De Niro-Warrior
Whipping Boy of Grindhouse Gaming [GH]

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

imo Kalkz is a good commander, one of several on BP. Speaking just for myself, I’m glad we have him on the field, and beyond that forums are forums. We do lots of what you’re calling basic group tactics, to the extent we don’t perform to eBay’s level of group tactics at times it really speaks to the more casual nature of our server population, not the competence of our commanders, him included. I can tell you we are all well aware we have to get better, and are working on it.

I’m only really calling them basic because they require little to no training, just a minimal amount of communication. TBH, even running with my guild, we rarely do anything more complex than anything above unless running with smaller or more specialized groups. “Basic tactics” is by no means condescending. I didn’t realize it might sound that way until after I posted.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

I didn’t take it as condescending at all. And I mean it when I say we are aware that we need to improve our group tactics and are working on it.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Ebay, so many forum warrior.

The Ebayers I fought yesterday in ARBL didn’t seem to know about your uber skill.

Maybe you guys can follow each other and auto cast AoE, but defending yourself without number isn’t as easy.

I will let you have our tower, garrison, keep. I will let you get 650 ppt. I will let you have your “hiding a mesmer into a tower for 30 min only to port back your zerg”. You can do all those thing.

I will just continu to kill you guys one by one. Jump into your zerg and down someone.

Just because people with such big ego like you guys, hate to get downed.

P.S : Please Rekz, stop letting your guildmate alone. You know they die when it happens.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Match-ups

Dovgan.8605

Attempt to deflect and look kewl

3.7/10

Jinks 6 KAOS 0

LOL I can finally actually see that pic. Uh, that was Drak, and I don’t think he posts on the forums. I still feel sad for you taking video game upskirts. But congrats on killing one of my guildies I’m super impressed. Hard to kill a group built necro with a D/P thief. Hope you didn’t strain yourself.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

(edited by Dovgan.8605)

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

The Ebayers I fought yesterday in ARBL didn’t seem to know about your uber skill.

I will just continu to kill you guys one by one. Jump into your zerg and down someone.

P.S : Please Rekz, stop letting your guildmate alone. You know they die when it happens.

Takes a forum warrior to know a forum warrior?

I love people calling other people stuff then turning around literally a sentence later and doing the same thing. So much hypocrisy in this thread lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

I must give credit to the opposition. You guys proved that you don’t belong in this tier.
You guys have a combination of skill and numbers in which AR or BP can’t match and it’s quite obvious.

The only guild that BP has that consistently goes out in WvW daily is WFD. This is a guild that was 90% PvE just over a month ago. They field 20-25 and they’re all skilled and talented led by Varlen/Deltona. You guys can say that they’re bad or w’ever but we don’t have guilds who can field 30+ daily.

Being a pug server, we really can’t keep up with your coordination. Faux mentioned a list of basic things that you guys do. When you’re leading a pug group, it’s hard to do half those things. But when it’s a guild group/coordinated group, it’s completely different.

I wish myself I was apart of a big WvW guild similar to your big 3 and do things I haven’t done before but unfortunately I can’t unless I transfer. So myself and the rest of BP try our best with what we got.

Edit: I may be in BURN but when’s the last time you saw a big BURN zerg outside of reset? I’m not saying BURN is bad but BURN is not a WvW guild, it’s an everything guild and unfortunately a big part of that ‘everything’ is PvE.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

To those trying to destroy the truce between BP and AR by stating that AR “gains nothing” from it: perhaps you haven’t caught on to the notion that AR doesn’t really care about ratings

If this truly was the case that AR doesn’t really care then either AR or BP would just give their stuff away to their partners.

If you really don’t care and its about having us lose ratings and you don’t care about ratings. AR just give BP all of your keeps and your home bl. All you do is push Ehmry home Bl and if you lose stuff to BP don’t worry about it by combining your lands as one then you can triumph. This is of course as you say you don’t really care.

Vice versa BP gives all of their home bl to AR so that either BP or AR actually can come in first of course that means faster that darkhaven will catch up to either of you but that shouldn’t matter if you don’t care.

While it may not be explicitly stated, I believe it isn’t presumptuous of me to posit from numerous AR posts discussing the matter that they prioritize fun over rating. Whether or not one is playing for rating, one can’t just ignore PPT and give it all away to an ally. This lacks any long-term fun consideration.

1) AR would drop tier and end up with dissatisfying fights against a bunch of punching bags (a situation that may hit close to home for people on EBay, perhaps?).

2) Position defense, resource optimization, and waypoints are all integral parts of the strategy and fun of WvW, and would all be lost with the abandonment of camps, towers, and keeps.

3) From a “coming in first” prospective, which your argument drifts to at the end of your post, it is also unsound to allocate two BL’s to one server’s control. The coverage that would be required to hold that against the numbers and (more importantly) coordination of EBay is currently out of reach of either of our servers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Takes a forum warrior to know a forum warrior?

I love people calling other people stuff then turning around literally a sentence later and doing the same thing. So much hypocrisy in this thread lol.

That’s the only way to get some roaming action with you guys.

To play your game.

Yesterday we actually had to siege tower in ARBL to get some fights. Yu didn’t even one to get the tower, we just wanted you guys to come out and fight.

I felt like trying the same on the forum. Bring it boy

I would also point out I made a forum warrior type of post, but I didn’t call you guys baddies or dump.

I already said what is my opinion of Ebay in this thread.

P.S : Bring your immortal FFF Ranger build around tonight I will test it with my demented Engineer build (Even after a 50% damage nerf on my main condition)

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

in Match-ups

Dovgan.8605

@Kardiamond You know me, tell this D/P Jinks fellow I’d be a super easy fight and he should come to ARBL and get them easy badges. Then he can snap a few more pics and post ’em.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

P.S : Bring your immortal FFF Ranger build around tonight I will test it with my demented Engineer build (Even after a 50% damage nerf on my main condition)

I haven’t been on since reset, and even then was only for about 30 minutes before RL took over. Maybe if I’m on later I could see about setting up some duels for a little bit.

PS: It’s “RRR” :P Roaming Regen Ranger. Funky Foo Fighter is a thief build.

in Match-ups

Khayoss.2019

In the beginning it took a lot of time, but with practice it comes naturally. I can only speak for my guild, but we run training exercises regularly on all of the above and more.

As far as training pugs, we will to the point that they will join us in TS and/or will follow us on the map and execute with us. The best way to train a pug, honestly, is to recruit them. I said this to one of BP’s members in a PM a while ago: This game supports multiple guild memberships, there’s no reason someone can’t have a WvW guild even on a temporary basis because they don’t lose their other memberships and their other friends. In my mind, BP’s biggest problem isn’t population, it’s that they haven’t organized that population properly. There isn’t a really valid reason that the largest number of players on a map should be unaffiliated to any WvW guild. It’s a problem every server has, including us at times, but we work very hard to solve it instead of letting it perpetuate itself.

Guild structure goes a long way towards organization, especially in larger structures. Our guild is structured as follows:

Blood Squad: all new members go here automatically, but it’s not considered a second class squad, we consider them our backbone, which makes training them extremely important. It has 2 squad commanders that organize and lead, train them in basic tactics and get their feet wet in our execution of WvW. Blood squad is our ‘zerg’ so to speak and could be comprised of a large group of WvW rookies or seasoned vets at any given time.
Shadow Squad: Focused on ‘guerilla warfare’ type smaller group tactics. We run training events, usually multiple times a week but we’ve been slacking lately, focusing on things like siege placement, map control, feign tactics, troop formations etc. We require that our members be able to do things like solo supply camps and understand the most direct routes as well as the best routes to take to stay undiscovered so that we can execute tactics to change the face of a map quickly with very few numbers.
Reaper Squad: Focus on map domination, zerg busting and higher plane large group tactics. They also run weekly class training events to educate both how to run various builds, how they interact with other classes, and gain understanding of the class in order to defeat it, as well as other super useful knowledge transfer type sessions with the other squads.
Magistrates: Our guild leaders and ambassadors who handle all of the administrative work of running a large guild including running our website and keeping us all in line when we get lippy.

As far as escorting dolys and scouting duty, captains won’t ask anyone else to do something they won’t do themselves. I will personally turn my tag off and run dolys for 2 hours if that’s what my team needs and never complain. My team knows that, so when I ask one of them to do it they are willing. I also find the task somewhat exciting if you can stay focused. You never know when people are going to ambush you, and when it happens your preparation for them is very rewarding.

Having said that, we try to cycle duties like this very often to keep people fresh. If someone runs dolys or refreshes siege for 20-30 mins, then they need a break and someone else takes over. Rotation keeps everyone sharp, stay rewarded and stay focused.

Does that help?

in Match-ups

Khayoss.2019

Yesterday we actually had to siege tower in ARBL to get some fights. Yu didn’t even one to get the tower, we just wanted you guys to come out and fight.

So that was you commanding in AR last night hey? When you had your group standing outside of our SE tower at one point not attacking we did figure out what you wanted. Unfortunately we couldn’t accommodate. After taking BP BL earlier in the evening most of our big guilds kind of retired for the evening.

When I logged in, pk was all sitting in our PvE channel doing dungeons. At that point in time we actually only had just over 10 people on your entire map, and our strongest presence while you were trying to goad us to fight north west of garrison was PvEers trying to speed through and do map completion. It picked up when you started re-capping stuff, but it was still more pug warfare than any organized force. I do wish we had more to draw on, it would have been a prime time for some really good GvG/ZvZ type action, we just didn’t have what it took to play at your level at that time.

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

In the beginning it took a lot of time, but with practice it comes naturally. I can only speak for my guild, but we run training exercises regularly on all of the above and more.

As far as training pugs, we will to the point that they will join us in TS and/or will follow us on the map and execute with us. The best way to train a pug, honestly, is to recruit them. I said this to one of BP’s members in a PM a while ago: This game supports multiple guild memberships, there’s no reason someone can’t have a WvW guild even on a temporary basis because they don’t lose their other memberships and their other friends. In my mind, BP’s biggest problem isn’t population, it’s that they haven’t organized that population properly. There isn’t a really valid reason that the largest number of players on a map should be unaffiliated to any WvW guild. It’s a problem every server has, including us at times, but we work very hard to solve it instead of letting it perpetuate itself.

Guild structure goes a long way towards organization, especially in larger structures. Our guild is structured as follows:

Blood Squad: all new members go here automatically, but it’s not considered a second class squad, we consider them our backbone, which makes training them extremely important. It has 2 squad commanders that organize and lead, train them in basic tactics and get their feet wet in our execution of WvW. Blood squad is our ‘zerg’ so to speak and could be comprised of a large group of WvW rookies or seasoned vets at any given time.
Shadow Squad: Focused on ‘guerilla warfare’ type smaller group tactics. We run training events, usually multiple times a week but we’ve been slacking lately, focusing on things like siege placement, map control, feign tactics, troop formations etc. We require that our members be able to do things like solo supply camps and understand the most direct routes as well as the best routes to take to stay undiscovered so that we can execute tactics to change the face of a map quickly with very few numbers.
Reaper Squad: Focus on map domination, zerg busting and higher plane large group tactics. They also run weekly class training events to educate both how to run various builds, how they interact with other classes, and gain understanding of the class in order to defeat it, as well as other super useful knowledge transfer type sessions with the other squads.
Magistrates: Our guild leaders and ambassadors who handle all of the administrative work of running a large guild including running our website and keeping us all in line when we get lippy.

As far as escorting dolys and scouting duty, captains won’t ask anyone else to do something they won’t do themselves. I will personally turn my tag off and run dolys for 2 hours if that’s what my team needs and never complain. My team knows that, so when I ask one of them to do it they are willing. I also find the task somewhat exciting if you can stay focused. You never know when people are going to ambush you, and when it happens your preparation for them is very rewarding.

Having said that, we try to cycle duties like this very often to keep people fresh. If someone runs dolys or refreshes siege for 20-30 mins, then they need a break and someone else takes over. Rotation keeps everyone sharp, stay rewarded and stay focused.

Does that help?

Thank you for the explanation. You got some good military style organization going on there.

Again much appreciated.

See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Why do all rangers in your guild run away from a 1v1 to only come back with 5-10 buddies?

Just doesn’t make any kittening sense ya know?

Since you’re calling out a class from my guild, what class and guild are you from? Just based on your personality on these forums, I’m gonna take a guess that you’re probably a thief. If you are a thief, then I rarely see an Ebay thief without another thief around. Which guild?

I run my own guild mate.

So was I right? You’re a thief? Since you can’t answer a simple question, am I to take it your guild name is some sort of variant of Jinks? Is it like JNKS or something like that?

I think I remember a seeing a thief from a guild with a name like that Sunday night? If it was Sunday night, then that Ranger was me because Dovgan was on his warrior. And if it was Sunday night then there was never a 1v1 opportunity. We were dealing with like 3 or 4 thieves outside the tower and near the ruins and south camp. There were the two blue haired twin thieves from GF and a little Asura thief running with them. Then there was another thief from an Ebay guild who would jump in from time to time. Then there was you(if that was you). Hardly a 1v1.

And since Ebay kept hitting the two supply camps, it was getting the attention of other AR defenders and since the fights were happening in pretty high traffic areas — you’re going to run into them. No one needs to “call for help” when you’re server is hitting the south supply camp and fighting around the ruins and towers.

Por fa friggin vor.

I’m pretty much near Stargrove most every night. I’m generally solo or running with Dovgan. Either way, I’ll be happy to find a spot to fight you 1v1 so the camp guards don’t help. I might lose the fight(I make no claim to be a very good player), but I certainly won’t run from it.

We’ve been fighting for weeks…that wasnt the first time I’ve encountered your guild

Unfortunately then, you aren’t as memorable as we seem to be to you. Over the weeks, I’ve had some fun fights with some really good EBay thieves, you aren’t one of them.

That was an absolute awesomely witty reply……except your guildie already contradicted you a few posts back………

Ya thx try again

Actually I didn’t contradict anything. Since you haven’t confirmed anything. Unless you are saying that was you with the other thieves from Ebay that I recollected. Which just reinforces my earlier statement that I rarely see an Ebay thief alone and doesn’t support the “KAOS Rangers run from 1v1” accusation.

And the only reason I recall the other night was because I was on the AR TS while we skirmishing the [GF] thieves and someone had made a comment about your lack of skill compared to theirs(the GF thieves). I thought they were slaggin the GF thieves and was gonna disagree(they may be my enemy, but I give credit to their skill), but then they said “No, no… not the GF thieves… that one from the guild that starts with a J…” And I think I targeted that person once while they were at the ruins with the GF thieves… and I thought their guild was like JNKS or something close to that. I can’t say for sure, because once I saw the guild tag that started with J I thought “Oh, that’s the one they were talking about.” And then targeted a GF thief.

I really don’t see many Ebay solo roamers in AR BL. I see more solo BP roamers. So I tend to take note when I do see one from Ebay.

*Note my statements above aren’t complaining about EBay’s lack of solo roamers. Its the smart thing to do is team up. Just an observation from my perspective and a bit of explanation on why a solo Ebay roamer would stand out to me.

*Note my statement above about the TS chat is in no way saying you’re not skilled. Just recollecting what someone else said and why I even remembered the guild tag. As I’ve said before, I may very well lose a 1v1. In fact I have – quite a few times. But I’ve never ran from one. And since you called out specifically KAOS Rangers… odds are that would be either me or Dovgan. And I know Dovgan doesn’t run from 1v1 or 1v5 for that matter haha – crazy ranger.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

(edited by BrimstoneAshe.5043)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

So that was you commanding in AR last night hey? When you had your group standing outside of our SE tower at one point not attacking we did figure out what you wanted. Unfortunately we couldn’t accommodate. After taking BP BL earlier in the evening most of our big guilds kind of retired for the evening.

When I logged in, pk was all sitting in our PvE channel doing dungeons. At that point in time we actually only had just over 10 people on your entire map, and our strongest presence while you were trying to goad us to fight north west of garrison was PvEers trying to speed through and do map completion. It picked up when you started re-capping stuff, but it was still more pug warfare than any organized force. I do wish we had more to draw on, it would have been a prime time for some really good GvG/ZvZ type action, we just didn’t have what it took to play at your level at that time.

Well, I was there grouped with Kardiamond but none of us had a tab up. We were the group that kept throwing rams at lake and pecking at the door to get some people to fight.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Match-ups

Khayoss.2019

Being a pug server, we really can’t keep up with your coordination.

I wish myself I was apart of a big WvW guild similar to your big 3 and do things I haven’t done before but unfortunately I can’t unless I transfer.

Sorry to snip up your post, just wanted to point 1 thing out. I have mentioned this in another post already, but you are a prime example of what BP can do to change it’s WvW identity. You can be part of more than one guild in this game. Why not grab a few likeminded players – even from within BURN to begin with – and start something that is specifically WvW focused? Why would you transfer to get what you want when you could be the catalyst to bring it home to your server?

- Run with BURN when they WvW, run under your own tag when BURN isn’t around.
- Recruit everywhere you go. Spam “Guild Name Here [GNH] is recruiting for WvW” in /s every time you cap a tower or keep with your tag on so that people that are very casual about WvW think about how their limited time in this portion of the game would be so much better if they were doing this every time they logged on instead of not knowing who to follow.
- Round up as many casual WvWers as you can under that tag, ask them to rep you whenever they WvW
- Start sparingly calling on your members when they aren’t repping and are in PvE to help you out in WvW when you are in REAL trouble on a map… no crying wolf.
- In game mail your members and organize a guild training event or raid once a week, show the casuals the more tactical side of the game. Start simple so that success is higher probability, because seeing a new tactic bear fruit against other players makes you want to do it again and learn more.

Over time your pug population turns into your organized well oiled machine, even if they only WvW for a few hours a week and you have your WvW focused guild that can run all kinds of fun stuff.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

^^^

That is a very good suggestion.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Watch Group Name Here [GNH] become the next WvW powerhouse

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

Sorenstam Blackrose.8425

One of the few reasons why I hate running Staff all the time. :P

Voice on the Wind – Druid
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] – Formerly Less Talkin More [Sekz]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

AR skill > Ebay skill.

However, ebay is a zerg server with 4 zerg guilds holding it together. Ebay is just winning due to population. No skill required.

You’re correct that AR’s skill may be greater than EBay’s skill. However, we’re not just winning due to numbers, we’re winning due to the fact that BP’s strategy is pretty bad, and more than a few of their players don’t have anywhere near the skill both Ebay players and AR players have…plus AR doesn’t have the numbers BP and EB have (this would change the server power significantly).

I’ll outright say it…BP is the weakest link in the skill and strategy department, and are seemingly only making ground due to numbers. Imagine what would happen if AR got a lot more numbers…they’d probably wipe the floor with BP easily and we’d have a REAL fight on our hands since the odds here would change significantly.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Match-ups

Khayoss.2019

AR skill > Ebay skill.

You’re correct that AR’s skill may be greater than EBay’s skill.

I take issue with this notion. sPvP does not equal WvW. Skilled sPvP players are excellent at running good small encounter builds and downing other players under the ruleset and confines of the sPvP format. WvW is a totally different breed of PvP, and the goal of WvW is not simply to fight 1v1, 2v2 and 5v5. The goals include but are not limited to capturing and holding structures and facing both small groups and armies under a variety of uneven conditions. It requires different builds to be good at and a completely different mentality.

For example, dying in WvW to accomplish an objective like destroying a piece of siege or killing a dolyak would be considered a major victory in WvW. In sPvP, not dying is the win. Sacrificing a camp to a group of 5 people on 1 side of the map is also not a loss if it nets you the ability to capture a tower on the other.

The two are similar in some aspects, but are not equal and cannot be taken as a gage of skill in the same way that a mathematician is not equal to or greater than an NFL QB. Both jobs require a very high level of intelligence and the ability to learn complex concepts, but skills in either field are not directly interchangeable and being good at one does not mean that you are automatically good at the other. Being good at killing players in small encounters doesn’t automatically make you a tactician.