Week of 11/23: SOS vs JQ vs SBI

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

PRX is SOS’s version of WM.

WM hasn’t been very active as of late it seems.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

What happened to all of SBI’s pvpers? They vanish or something? How’re we getting stomped so hard?

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Apparently going into an area to die is an exploit. You guys can’t die. Exploiting is those thief’s that bypass walls or those ele’s hitting the trebs at garrison from the water. How does having fun by committing suicide in an enemy’s spawn giving sos a black eye? Or giving us an advantage? Stop trolling

in WvW

Posted by: ConceptStasis.5480

ConceptStasis.5480

I’m not sure why SoS got accused and questioned that fast due to our thief cap blocking supply camps for 5mins, I have seen we(SoS) have been cap block for 30-45mins by a JQ thief in SoS BL for a few times already but we just shrugged it off, I don’t see any rants from SoS in this thread about it.

And now this “pass legendary defender” thing trying to put us on bad image, play nice, please.

EDIT: JQ’s thief, not SBI’s thief.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

SOS, it appears you are now marred with some of the bandwagon players that gunked up BG, and other servers, using horrible exploits and poor sportsmanship behavior. I just received word that SOS was inside starting area on their borderland. Below you will see screenshots of this. How they got in, we all know. Why they are in, is clearly to grief and harass. This is the sort of thing that blackmarks any wins or achievements your server has or will have. The actions of a few are giving you a massive black eye that will change your image from hard working champs, to underhanded cheats. I still have massive respect for those in SOS working hard, and playing fair, winning by skill and power, but I wanted to make you aware of the behavior of a few. Please try to address this with your players, and explain to them when they are bragging about it, and talking about doing it, that it’s wrong, and will lead to hard feelings and massive hatred from other servers. I am sorry that it’s happening to you now, but please deal with it.

All he did was stealth past the first legendary defenders. He can’t kill you, but you can kill him. Hardly cheating. He probably just did that for lulz. If he walks any further he gets teleported back

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

There is no way you can discount the fact what he did was wrong. He used a deer transmute and fooled our legendary defender. That poor guy is out of a job now. What will he tell his children? " oh daddy lost his job because he was tricked by a guy in a deer suit"? maybe ok for a veteran guard… but not legendary…

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrance.1723

Vyrance.1723

It’s a bit amusing only owning Mendons, and both JQ and SOS can’t seem to take it from us, with each owning half the map :P

Vyrance – 80 Guardian
GAF – Gaming Age Force // Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

He probably do that for the lulz its a suicide mission.. imo
i guess not everyone can except such lulz

u guys need to loosen up abit… cheers

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: FVirus.6531

FVirus.6531

what is this dude doing on the hill …hrmm

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

The only problem with massive scale PvP like WvW is that instead of the opposite team having 5-10 players that are crying and butthurt, theres now thousands that will conjure up any sort of excuse or reason to make the winning server look bad, lucky & just plain undeserving.

Last week we only won because of the one time event apparently, this week we are cheaters because we get into spawn areas and “grief”. Does it ever stop? Look out guys, the whole nightcapping thing might come back!

If you want to win, play better, stop making other servers look bad lol.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

in WvW

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

He could be glitched and unintentionally up there.
Ive been under maps before, stuck under objects the works.
Just cause he’s in a place you can’t get to doesn’t mean he’s botting lol.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

in WvW

Posted by: FVirus.6531

FVirus.6531

yeah i guess u could be right

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

SoS just took the lead.

Attachments:

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Wow. Nice game tonight, SoS. Good fights. Good teamwork. Good times!

And JQ, well, you stomped us good but it seems to have cost you the rest of pretty much all your territory on every battleground except EB. Despite that, you chose well to team up on us. I salute you!

Now we will have to catch up tomorrow :-D

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Alien.1845

Alien.1845

Da da da Da dah, here comes the ‘team up 2v1’ troll

Skyinthesea | Team Shatter
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Well, if you’re getting 2vs1’d then you’re probably the popular girl. We always gang up on them.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

Fight’s far from over yet.. I’m sure them people at SoS are tired by this time! Go SBI and JQ! Reclaim your lands! Kill their women and children!

To whoever the SBI mesmer I 1vs1’d with in Champion’s, you are awesome. Tough fight. I didn’t think a battle between 2 glass cannons can last that long.. Looking forward to your revenge! (Which you will never get coz you don’t know who i am)

in WvW

Posted by: Cacare.1382

Cacare.1382

Well I’m glad Jade Quarry had to set up treb’s inside their citadel to take towers, shows what tier 1 tactics are like.

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

Great fights all around last night. I haven’t been curb stomped so bad in a while and it was fun :-D Keep up the good fights.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Perhaps the biggest lesson SoS can take out of this week is that we have to be more flexible about guild map assignments on the fly and be able to adjust appropriately to maps that are getting overwhelmed.

I agree, and the guilds also have to work a lot better together and communicate better with the militia. The last few nights have been a bit slapstick. 5 commander tags on, no one commanding. That kind of silly lower tier nonsense.

Well, if the squad feature would work like a party/raid window it would help tremendously with pug commanders.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

It’s been such an obvious double-team that it’s almost comical. Both SoS and JQ spending most of the night just camping outside of SBI’s spawn in EB. No trebs from SM are even active.

LOL you are whining about double teams!

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Yeah. We, Jade Quarry, couldn’t wait til Friday to get into red keep on EB so we just decided to check out the spacing and get familiar with the surroundings before moving in.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

Feels odd that we got SBI spawn camped in EB. We have been fighting SBI on EB the whole time. SBI kept attacking us when we attacked SOS. Fighting them was the only solution. SOS just let us do it and took advantage when they could.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: Wrath x CrAzY.5741

Wrath x CrAzY.5741

SOS just let us do it and took advantage when they could.

Although not a coordinated double team, a two (thus double) team effort none the less, so all of our SBI crybabies are going to feed off of your quote, good job.

A guild member and I killed that exact Onslaught thief four times inside SBI Overlook two nights ago, once in the JP Portal room while inside of a rock, had to AoE him.

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

I was there earlier in the week one morning when SOS and SBI took everything we had in EB at the same time. Outmanned officially, over powered and barely holding the main keep.

SOS golem rushed our water level gate. It took the effort of every JQ in EB manning siege, repairing the gate and fighting on the walls to hold back SOS, then SBI storms in literally a second after SOS. We had SOS and SBI bodies all over our keep.

People will always take advantage of others misfortune. SOS was not in anyway out to help us, they just used us to try and get SBI keep for themselves. We took it from SOS.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

I was there earlier in the week one morning when SOS and SBI took everything we had in EB at the same time. Outmanned officially, over powered and barely holding the main keep.

SOS golem rushed our water level gate. It took the effort of every JQ in EB manning siege, repairing the gate and fighting on the walls to hold back SOS, then SBI storms in literally a second after SOS. We had SOS and SBI bodies all over our keep.

People will always take advantage of others misfortune. SOS was not in anyway out to help us, they just used us to try and get SBI keep for themselves. We took it from SOS.

Stuff like that are total coincidences and can be convenient for the defenders if both attacking forces collide into each other while you get to sit back and eat popcorn. It’s not uncommon for guilds and servers to purposely focus on the team with the highest score lead as well.

Sometimes it feels like you’re in a sandwich and you spend 95% of your time reacting instead of acting. You’re basically firemen at that point.

Also, I’m not sure what happened yesterday, but it looked like SoS was slam packed in WvW and SBI was no where to be seen. It was reverse role on Monday.

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Dude, I remember this. I panicked and chucked down 3 ballistas and a catapult behind the inner gate when I saw the golems busting through water gate. And inner gate was literally at 0.1% HP like three times that fight. Then someone was like “SBI on inner” after we wiped SoS’s golems and I was like

I’m also surprised that only one of the ballistas have despawned so far. They’ve been sitting there gathering dust for the last 3 days.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Judas.5432

Hopefully people will let that misconception go….especially in Tier 1. If 2nd and 3rd place are not teaming up on the server in the lead, they are doing it wrong.

It’s been such an obvious double-team that it’s almost comical. Both SoS and JQ spending most of the night just camping outside of SBI’s spawn in EB. No trebs from SM are even active.

Le sigh :-( Well, Rome wasn’t build in a day, I suppose. Hey kidbs, nobody cares. Everybody gets double-teamed at one point or another in WvWvW. That’s working as intended.

Anyway, I’ll see you again tonight, SoS & JQ. Loving this week’s match between us! Don’t let up. Don’t let us win. Make us bleed for every inch of ground, every Supply Depot, every Doylak.

Glhf!

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Raehvyn.4530

Stormbluff Isle was camped outside the spawn because people were being silly. They ignored commanders and refused. Commanders stopped commanding and left. This resulted in SoS storming all over while JQ just farmed the heck out of our spawn.

It was 2v1 but like others said that is how it goes, the name of the game, and it was only like that because we played stupidly and didn’t just -go around-.

<3 Nyx, Zz Aprohite, and Ulysses, and any other unsung commanders who tried and failed to rally the zerg. Good effort!

in WvW

Raehvyn.4530

Scoresies.

Wake up Americans. Time to win, sleepy heads!

Attachments:

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

Pft it’s nighttime here you vampires! Go do FotM or something!

in WvW

kidbs.8920

I’m usually one of the first to laugh at the 2v1 whining, but last night was an indisputable 2v1. Both JQ and SoS were sitting at our spawn camping us and turning a complete blind eye towards each other. They had siege weapons lined up at our spawn with no worries that the other side would attack them. No trebs from SM were fired upon JQ during this time, no attempt to take anything from either team was occurring. They were both just sitting outside our spawn having a heyday and being content farming any people that were dumb enough to venture down the path from our spawn.

If you were there then there is no way you would question this.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

you’re the number 1 server. expect to be ganged up upon. pft

in WvW

Raehvyn.4530

I’m usually one of the first to laugh at the 2v1 whining, but last night was an indisputable 2v1. Both JQ and SoS were sitting at our spawn camping us and turning a complete blind eye towards each other. They had siege weapons lined up at our spawn with no worries that the other side would attack them. No trebs from SM were fired upon JQ during this time, no attempt to take anything from either team was occurring. They were both just sitting outside our spawn having a heyday and being content farming any people that were dumb enough to venture down the path from our spawn.

If you were there then there is no way you would question this.

It was blatant 2v1ing but there isn’t a conspiracy I think. I heard JQ and SoS made a pact but I heard the same thing about my server and I don’t put stock into it. SoS let JQ push us to the spawn cuz… why not? SBI was ineffective and useless. SoS let JQ smash us so they could carry on unhindered.

SoS had often appeared to coordinate with Jade Quarry. Then suddenly out of left field smash through DG without even taking Umber, taking Umber, then smashing into Bravost before anyone even knew what happened. If there is an actual 2v1 agreement in effect I have no doubt SoS’s tenacity will render the promise broken quite shortly.

in WvW

kidbs.8920

Hopefully people will let that misconception go….especially in Tier 1. If 2nd and 3rd place are not teaming up on the server in the lead, they are doing it wrong.

Le sigh :-( Well, Rome wasn’t build in a day, I suppose. Hey kidbs, nobody cares. Everybody gets double-teamed at one point or another in WvWvW. That’s working as intended.

Anyway, I’ll see you again tonight, SoS & JQ. Loving this week’s match between us! Don’t let up. Don’t let us win. Make us bleed for every inch of ground, every Supply Depot, every Doylak.

Glhf!

Of course 2v1s will always occur. But there is a difference between 2v1ing strategically to try and take points rather than just 2v1ing to prevent a side from even leaving their spawn. I mean once SBI had absolutely nothing left on the map it would make sense for JQ or SoS to at least grab a supply camp or something from the other side to further their domination.

Anyway, that’s all I’ll say on the matter. It is what it is. We had a colossal failure on our part last night that led to us being camped. We have people that refuse to listen to commanders yet will sit in chat blaming them that everything has been lost.

(edited by kidbs.8920)

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

Scoresies.

But I don’t wanna!! I need my monies.

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

Stormbluff Isle was camped outside the spawn because people were being silly. They ignored commanders and refused. Commanders stopped commanding and left. This resulted in SoS storming all over while JQ just farmed the heck out of our spawn.

It was 2v1 but like others said that is how it goes, the name of the game, and it was only like that because we played stupidly and didn’t just -go around-.

<3 Nyx, Zz Aprohite, and Ulysses, and any other unsung commanders who tried and failed to rally the zerg. Good effort!

Well, can’t say much about anet policy.
Introducing FotM —-—→> ppl doing more pve rather than wvw
Introducing Ascended Armor in WvW —-—>> ppl give no attention to commanders, only care about badge farming. “Who the f*c is that guy” “Why don’t he/she kitten ” “Block’em”.
A failed decision with more failure amendment. GG.
Anyways, we are fighting our way back. Hopefully some other servers would take those bandwagoners, thanx a lot.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

Glhf!

Of course 2v1s will always occur. But there is a difference between 2v1ing strategically to try and take points rather than just 2v1ing to prevent a side from even leaving their spawn. I mean once SBI had absolutely nothing left on the map it would make sense for JQ or SoS to at least grab a supply camp or something from the other side to further their domination.

Anyway, that’s all I’ll say on the matter. It is what it is. We had a colossal failure on our part last night that led to us being camped. We have people that refuse to listen to commanders yet will sit in chat blaming them that everything has been lost.

It’s obvious ppl want their badges for the upcoming ascended weapon/armor exchange. SoS and JQ sees a chance to farm by spawn camping, they could get more profit if teamed up farming homeless SBI at that time. And those SBI mindless ppl obsessed with badges certainly wouldn’t listen to commanders, they die they respawn, hopefully they will get a few badges if SoS or JQ overextended. It is all about badges. Following the commander get badges? No? Why should we follow’em? That is what happened last night in EB.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Raehvyn.4530

Scoresies.

But I don’t wanna!! I need my monies.

No you don’t. Guild Wars has no subscription fee!

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

Im just glad that SoS map chat is usually fun whenever the commanders are around. having commanders that know how to work humor into their strategies are able to make people follow their leads better. if you can go online when SoS is most active, the chats are so funny that it motivates you to stay in wvw even if you’re losing

in WvW

Raehvyn.4530

Glhf!

It’s obvious ppl want their badges for the upcoming ascended weapon/armor exchange. SoS and JQ sees a chance to farm by spawn camping, they could get more profit if teamed up farming homeless SBI at that time. And those SBI mindless ppl obsessed with badges certainly wouldn’t listen to commanders, they die they respawn, hopefully they will get a few badges if SoS or JQ overextended. It is all about badges. Following the commander get badges? No? Why should we follow’em? That is what happened last night in EB.

Ew. I seriously hope you’re mistaken and that this is not the attitude that is spreading across my beloved server. If you’re right then what a shame. We were the best, we know we’re better than SoS and JQ. We proved that by snatching a lead and holding our own.

And now we’re watching SBI slide down with no commanders because no willing armies. NoPe might be awesome but we’re not -that- awesome that we could win single handedly. Seeing the outman buff on SBIers is disheartening.

It used to be a sign that the Koreans were coming soon and the Americans went to sleep.

in WvW

Raehvyn.4530

Im just glad that SoS map chat is usually fun whenever the commanders are around. having commanders that know how to work humor into their strategies are able to make people follow their leads better. if you can go online when SoS is most active, the chats are so funny that it motivates you to stay in wvw even if you’re losing

Stormbluff Isle chat has ups and downs. Cover Girl is really strict about team chat being used to relay important information and without clutter. That makes for clear communication and while I do talk too much in team chat I appreciate the way she asks us so I never feel bad about shutting up and letting her have her way.

There were some commanders that seemed to just pop out of nowhere and they were brutal in chat. Insulting and just using so much profanity. Otherwise if the zerg is being exceptionally silly there are tidbits of profanity used because its frustrating.

Other than that our chat can be really hilarious at times. A lot of people get super serious about WvW. Sometimes you just gotta laugh it off and use some humor to make people feel inclined to follow you instead of being insulted and as a result stubborn.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

I miss daish. He was really funny. I bet you guys in SBI are motivated whenever he goes online..

in WvW

kidbs.8920

I miss daish. He was really funny. I bet you guys in SBI are motivated whenever he goes online..

I haven’t seen him on at least in EB. I’m kind of hoping that he was just trolling for a few days.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

The biggest issue for me in wvw in terms of commanders is that i don’t want them to sound like they have a sense of self-entitlement over other people just because they were able to buy the icon. I have to admit, I sometimes deliberately ignore commanders who are such, and I try to make people around me follow me instead sometimes, just to spite him/her/it. :X

in WvW

Posted by: HyTman.2719

HyTman.2719

SOS BL tonight was so intense! Great job everyone!
I had so much fun defending Hills, especially getting 20+ bags of loot with in minutes after a failed attempt to destroy our treb

Elementalist
Sea of Sorrows [SoS]
Team Shatter [TS]

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

In what way?

For me they are completely different.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

WM hasn’t been very active as of late it seems.

If a 60 man WM zerg is inactive, I’d hate to see what an active one looks like.

They were actually large contributors to SBIs points over the opening weekend, you should be giving them more credit.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Judas.5432

Ew. I seriously hope you’re mistaken and that this is not the attitude that is spreading across my beloved server. If you’re right then what a shame. We were the best, we know we’re better than SoS and JQ. We proved that by snatching a lead and holding our own.

And now we’re watching SBI slide down with no commanders because no willing armies. NoPe might be awesome but we’re not -that- awesome that we could win single handedly. Seeing the outman buff on SBIers is disheartening.

It used to be a sign that the Koreans were coming soon and the Americans went to sleep.

Yeah, I usually wait to start seeing [WM] show up before going to bed on nights where I WvW and last night I just didn’t see them. I checked all 4 BGs with no queue on any of them. It was kind of weird but I’m guessing it was just a slow night in Korea.

Don’t get disheartened and don’t count us out or jump the gun on downplaying our commanders and armies. Having an off night or week (or 2) is not surprising given the number of PvE events and new content that has been going on. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; we are a PvX server so we can’t be surprised when people run off en masse every now and again to play other aspects of the game.

And even if this is the new SBI’s potential for now, there’s still no reason to be upset. Our server is awesome and the community we’ve built is friendly, helpful, and plentiful.

So don’t let it get you down. I’ll be in there tonight fighting by your side :-D

If a 60 man WM zerg is inactive, I’d hate to see what an active one looks like.

They were actually large contributors to SBIs points over the opening weekend, you should be giving them more credit.

I hate to tell you this but a 60 man [WM] zerg is kind of inactive ;-) A 40-50 man [CaLM] swarm is pretty active but there have been late nights where I hop on and see mostly [WM] everywhere I go. I’d be very curious to see their active list and how many of them are in WvW…

So yes, the numbers I saw last night were definitely very low but that’s just the nature of a 7 day battle, imo. Don’t worry, we won’t ever go down without a good fight. Two days is plenty of time for us to rally.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Cifu.9270

Cifu.9270

Anyone complaining at 2v1 does not understand the tactical advantage behind it. I highly doubt any 2v1 is being coordinated, sometimes it just makes sense. Are some of you mad because our enemies are coming up with very legit strats? LoL

Cifu
[DDH] GuildMaster SBI
www.darkhand.com