One problem with Asura... Tiny weapons!

in Asura

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Most likely someone already told the OP this , but he is wrong.

My norns staff also changes size if im equipped or not.

Really , i love my asura (and my norn and my human actually lol) , and i wonder why people think they will get the smallest race to actually wield big weapons.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Asura

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

I would like to scale bigger (atleast 25%) when the weapon is out and 10% bigger when is not.

in Asura

Posted by: Hexd.4796

Hexd.4796

+1

I think the problem is the worst with 2h weapons, but i would like to see dagger scaled up a bit too.

in Asura

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Completely agree.

Part of the appeal of a tinier bodied race is so they can wield the same size weapons (reasonably) and look more epic doing so!

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Asura

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

I never noticed this as an Asuran thief.

Then, I made an Asuran Mesmer, and holy cow, what is up with my greatsword? It’s like it’s straight out of Journey to the West or something.

in Asura

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

Yeah it seems like weapons of the same type aren’t always the same size. I have two great swords and one is a lot bigger than the other to the point where the large sized one looks correct and the other looks like it shrunk in the wash.

Pretty big over sight by Anet.

in Asura

Posted by: Gwal.2813

Gwal.2813

completely agree with the OP.

Some weapons seems OK, like Greatsword.. But Hammer and Staff : way to small … they look like toys

Vizunah Square [FR]

in Asura

Posted by: Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Ashur Etil Lani.4518

Not only are some weapons underwhelming but they clip with the ears >< because they are too small, making the weapons larger would solve the clipping problem.
Staff is biggest culprit. Hammers are so small I refuse to use them on my warrior.
I have 4 Asurans atm.

in Asura

Gwal.2813

Strange thing is that Spear (underwater) is actually with a normal ratio! (goes over the head)

Attachments:

Vizunah Square [FR]

in Asura

Gwal.2813

and now, this is how I feel when my Asura is holding his massive 2 handed hammer

Attachments:

Vizunah Square [FR]

(edited by Moderator)

in Asura

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I agree. I want to be able to see my fancy, expensive gear!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Asura

Svarty.8019

I agree. Bigger Asura weapons, pl0x.

/vote

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Asura

Posted by: kasiba.5829

kasiba.5829

That’s starting to be a big problem for me. And i don’t understand why cant they write something considering this… The players what to know will there be any changes?

in Asura

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

and now, this is how I feel when my Asura is holding his massive 2 handed hammer

lol It’s true. I have an amazing shortbow. Doesn’t show its amazingness on my tiny body. ESPECIALLY BECAUSE MY TRENCHCOAT BLOCKS EVERYTHING, BECAUSE I HAVE MEDIUM ARMOR, AND EITHER I GO NUDE ON TOP OR TRENCH IT.

other than that asura is lovely

in Asura

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I love the trenchcoat on my tiny thief. I wouldn’t be averse to other options for those who don’t though.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Asura

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Totally Agree, Asura weapons are way too tiny.

in Asura

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

They should MASSIVE WEAPONS like anime chars with huge swords.
Even the human weps are too small, they made the big races too dam big.

in Asura

Posted by: Surinen.9684

Surinen.9684

way-way too tiny, cannot properly enjoy scythe on necromancers staff, asura deserve huge weapons, such unproportious weapons would fit their mentality, floating city style and big golems.

in Asura

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

I’ve wanted larger weapons since forever ago. The weapon scaling need to be at least 30% larger for asura right now.

in Asura

Posted by: xzero.1580

xzero.1580

bigger weapons more epicness plz dont discriminate the asuras

in Asura

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

It’s not the size of your weapon that matters, but how u hack their knee caps off with ur axe

in Asura

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Hey guys, I made a similar thread in the suggestion forums. I think that’s a better place to discuss this if we really want them to change anything about the weapon size.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Weapon-scaling-and-asura

in Asura

Posted by: Riellan.2590

Riellan.2590

Simple solution trolls ,do not make smallest one !
Or play charr or norn iff you want huge weapons .
Oh you wont be op then?

in Asura

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

This point was clearly important enough for you to make a new topic about :>

Two-handed weapons at least look proportionally smaller on asura than on other races, it looks a bit daft.

in Asura

Posted by: Ooj.1246

Ooj.1246

Armors looks boring on Asura. Sorry to say this but in comparison to other races. It have big differences.

Screenshot below are the SAME armor I crafted and I put on preview between 2 races. You decide which one looks best.

For the whole time, I have been wondering why all the armors I got looks like crap. How are other people getting those epic looks while in the past 80 levels. None of them looks good at all.

Then I made a human and do a preview armor test on them… Sorry, I’m rerolling. I don’t mine making the same profession and level it again. It was disappointing, for spending all my times on an Asura at the end.

I know stats wise what’s count the most but I’m on of the person also prefer styles. Especially in sPVP, stats are all same across all gears but the look makes up everything.

U P and U P

asura have little weap and orrible armor skin why?

[OSC] Ooj RoxxoR

in Asura

Posted by: DinoDoll.3682

DinoDoll.3682

Armors looks boring on Asura. Sorry to say this but in comparison to other races. It have big differences.

Screenshot below are the SAME armor I crafted and I put on preview between 2 races. You decide which one looks best.

to me, in your example the Asuran armour looked best. But.. i /hate/ sexy armour. Its one reason i love playing asura, because the ‘sexy’ versions of armour seem to be less revealing on the asura. In your example, though, even the headpiece on the asura looks better to me ^^

i also don’t mind the tiny size of asura weapons, but perhaps that is because i have a large monitor? i dunno. i have never felt i had any trouble seeing the details on my weapons.

sorry you all are unhappy though!

in Asura

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

Indeed, us vertically challenged individuals need some form of compensation!

Speaking of which, does anyone know which is the biggest, most onstentatious looking GS skin? Or at least one thats doesn’t turn out like a silly little butterknife anyway.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

in Asura

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

this troll post about to tiny weapons XD XD XD XD. OP you are doing it like a boss XD.

in Asura

Posted by: ArsAeterna.8076

ArsAeterna.8076

Signed.

My Molten Hammer of the dungeon Citadel of Flame looks like a kid’s toy on my Asuran Guardian.

Please fix and make weapons and also armor look cooler on Asurans.

in Asura

Posted by: DinoDoll.3682

DinoDoll.3682

ya know, compared to humans asura /are/ kid sized (actually they are smaller than human children! – probably human toddler sized). so the fact that their weapons look like “kid’s toys” makes sense, doesn’t it?

how big of a weapon can a human-toddler sized warrior hold??

in Asura

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

I completely agree. I hope the increase the size of our weapons as well as creating some better looking 2 handed hammers!

in Asura

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

Going to have to agree with OP and all the other posts about asuran armor. The screen shots from DJRiful is a perfect example of what is wrong here.

You take a light armor set and show on a humanoid char: it looks incredibly detailed and awsome. Put it on an Asuran and it looks like a total joke. With all the clipping issues and lack luster armor ports to Asuran I can only come to the conclusion that they rushed this race to meet release date (?).

Out of all the sets, only one I can get to make my female asura look marginally passable is using the Winged set. Even then I get clipping issues with the back part of the leg armor. Now take that set, view it on a humanoid and see that it’s beautiful; it does not clip either for the most part. Clearly all armors are designed with human models first and foremost…

After thought race is after thought (?).

Hopefulley they fix us up better and bring us at least 1/2 the level of detail humaniods enjoy with their armor and weapons. /beg

As a side note, I have yet to see a staff or weapon other than maybe 2 hand swords that look decent on an Asura. They are all tiny and they all clip into armor as well. Every single one! I have to take off all my gear to even see 99% of them in preview. Ok…

Also like to mention that guild back packs are also one the worst offenders with clipping. Using my winged set; all I see of that pack is a whisker of my guild symbol. Suffice to say, my guild pack is always ‘hidden’.

We need some love here, I pray devs will fix some of this. First one I would do (biased!) is fixed the winged light armor pants back part b/c it would be really really nice if half of it wasn’t clipping.

p.s. yet another complaint I have is dyeing armors: even if you use the same set, the colors rarely if ever match up. It always looks mismatched. Hats are the worst and they are always one shade too dark. So many problems with asuran gears, yep…

(edited by fixit.7189)

in Asura

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Instead of the size of the weapons I’m actually more bothered by the way some of them inexplicably clip through the floor.

For some reason certain two-handed weapons are always sheathed lower down your back than normal on an Asura and the tip goes right through the floor. This is quite common with greatswords and staves; hammers less so. If they were simply sheathed in the same place as other weapons of the same type they would be fine, and other races don’t seem to have this bug either. No one ever seems to pick up on it though…

in Asura

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Only the “shrinkage” of the 2H weapons when stowed on the back really bothers me. I don’t mind about smaller weapons in general, just that “elastic” quality of the size of 2H-ers. I wouldn’t mind a bit of shrinkage, but it’s just too much, it’s disconcerting.

in Asura

Posted by: Larlik.1532

Larlik.1532

I grouped MK with an legendary wielding Asura and it looked pretty size appropriate. Both sheathed and unsheathed.

Attachments:

in Asura

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Only the “shrinkage” of the 2H weapons when stowed on the back really bothers me. I don’t mind about smaller weapons in general, just that “elastic” quality of the size of 2H-ers. I wouldn’t mind a bit of shrinkage, but it’s just too much, it’s disconcerting.

Maybe the 2H weapon is saying it’s just cold outside

Sorry couldn’t help it when I read “shrinkage”.

I just wish the weapons were placed higher on the back like they are with other races. This would make the weapon look and feel at a better size.

in Asura

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

gree all, today i can see the preview of the predator in my asura engineer and compared when is weilding by a Human is tooooooo small. When is wealding by a human is a big riffle, not the bigest ( chaarzuka ) but is pretty big and detailed, but in the asura is super small and is hard to see the details in the tubes and the lion head.

in Asura

Posted by: Driiin.9312

Driiin.9312

I agree with this post… i cant see my asura’s dagger which is so tiny)

in Asura

Posted by: sylvanari.3951

sylvanari.3951

Here how it should be:

Absolutely agree ! Not sure if anything can be done with pistols or daggers. =/

~TATSUMI~80 Asura Thief~ Caedas[CDS]~Sanctum of Rall~

in Asura

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

agree 100%. it’s sad for me because Asura have a great storyline and the best racial skills and yet their armor is goofy & weapons are miniscule.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Asura

Posted by: kasiba.5829

kasiba.5829

Noting will be done because Arenanet dosn’t listen to the problem’s we see in the game -.-

in Asura

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

Staff is stupid! You can actually see this size increase when you pull it out easily, it’s so off putting and cheap!

Blue… My name is a colour.

in Asura

Svarty.8019

My staff gets considerably bigger when I hold it in my hand.

… and in the game, as well.

in Asura

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I really hope they don’t make Asura gear normal sized. I would re-roll every one of my Asuras if I had to lug around giants weapons. As much as I love Asura(5 Asuras to date, 3 are 80 and Exotic), giant weapons would be such a huge turn off.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in Asura

Posted by: Twill.6217

Twill.6217

usually i don’t mind small weapons on my characters, however, the shrinking and growing weapon issue is obviously a bug and should be fixed
although it’s kinda funny to have a staff that defies the laws of physics ^^

in Asura

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I’d like to be able to see my daggers while I am clothed, thank you.

in Asura

Svarty.8019

usually i don’t mind small weapons on my characters, however, the shrinking and growing weapon issue is obviously a bug and should be fixed
although it’s kinda funny to have a staff that defies the laws of physics ^^

Monkey’s Magic Wishing Staff.

That is all.

in Asura

Posted by: Garo.5304

Garo.5304

This thread is silly asking for something that’s static size for a reason. If the weapons were larger they’d all clip into the ground as bad as the charrzooka does on asura. I’m a max size, max muscled asura and I think my weapons look fine. I notice the small to big change, but honestly other races do it too.
Make a max size human, you get the same effect, same with sylvari. Interestingly enough charr don’t encounter this problem(or its really subtle) and it seems all their gear is a set to a certain size regardless of height or body type. And max size norns do it just a tiny bit.

So asura aren’t the only offender. It’s the way it is is because of the relative body size to the ground.

in Asura

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I agree 100%

I completely regret making an asura now as it’s a complete waste of time to bother grinding for weapon or armor skins because they look like crap.

Considering that’s the only carrot in this game it makes me not want to play at all.

in Asura

Svarty.8019

I agree 100%

I completely regret making an asura now as it’s a complete waste of time to bother grinding for weapon or armor skins because they look too small.

Considering that’s the only carrot in this game it makes me not want to play at all.

Fixt it for you.