FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: twisted.9461

twisted.9461

Bought gems 12 hours ago money has been taken from my account but no gems have been received.

Incident number: 120905-004793

Posted by: thevectormonkey.9754

thevectormonkey.9754

Unable to buy gems. Tried two different credit cards and two separate paypal accounts. May be important to
note that I switched wireless cards several times early in playing the game trying for the best connection on my new comp and had to allow access from the different IPs on the GW2 site. No charges or charge attempts appear on any of my accounts.

Ticket #120906-000618

Posted by: moeagame.8917

moeagame.8917

i have purchase 1600 gems but not recieve any gems!

Incident: 120905-004565

Posted by: Kinoh.7423

Kinoh.7423

Tried 3 CC paypal and direct always transaction failed.

Posted by: Kris.3791

Kris.3791

I bought a good amount of Dye Packs a few days ago. I did not recieve 2 of them.

Posted by: Vulfgar.8735

Vulfgar.8735

I bought some keys and dyes on Saturday, but never recieved the items No mail, nothing. Then i tried again on Monday .. and again nothing.

Here’s my ticked " #120906-001046"

Posted by: Neriandragon.5084

Neriandragon.5084

I bought gems this morning, 20.00 for 1600, and the charge went through to my bank account, but never received them. I’ve waited for a bit but still no luck

Posted by: Iampiano.1483

Iampiano.1483

Ticket for my missing gem store items: 120906-001111

Posted by: Achius.1628

Achius.1628

I just bought an extra character slot in the gemstore for 800 gems.

However when logging out the extra character slot does not show up.

Thought it might have been lag issues, so now, hours later I checked again.
Still nothing, the 800 gems are spent though.

No response to my ingame reports so far either.

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

You might want to submit a ticket. At the moment it looks like a 5-7 day turnaround time for billing.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Oh, you can’t report this in the game, it really needs a ticket. In-game reports are for bugs, and this is an account-based issue, so it requires personal handling from a support agent.

Sorry for this inconvenience, and we will make it right for you! (Thanks for your support of the game, as well.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: MooCowGal.1356

MooCowGal.1356

in other words, don’t expect this to be resolved anytime soon

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

YES I even tried changing my UI size and my resolution nothing helped.

I also did the -repair, once again no results.

Attached is a screenshot of the trading post but the gem store looks the same with black text…ect

Attachments:

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

You will now need to wait 1-2 weeks to resolve your issue. Sorry for the inconvenience?

Posted by: inclinemw.8156

inclinemw.8156

I purchased 800 gems for $10.00 USD and I have not received them yet. I received the email confirmation but not the gems. I understand some things are going to be returned later tonight. I don’t know if that has happened or not yet, but I have not received them as of this post. Thank you and have a great day!

Posted by: XeCrow.9864

XeCrow.9864

#120906-001285

Cant buy gems, dont care why, just make it happen.

Posted by: Yagrum Bagarn.4835

Yagrum Bagarn.4835

Have tried to order gems through the gem store multiple times over the last 5 days, with each attempt ending in a “Card Authorization Failed”…have tried this on two separate cards, and have tried a PayPal account as well, submitted a ticket on 09/01:

120901-018053

Thanks!

Posted by: Kromickon.5471

Kromickon.5471

Wasn’t able to purchase gems on credit card but was working for PAYPAL. However now paypal does not work anymore since Tuesday. Not sure why credit card doesnt work, called bank to verify if there was any restrictions but none. Paypal was only the solution, now that paypal doesnt work, can’t use both

ticket 120906-001507

Guild Leader and Commander of Aggroculture : www.aggr-gaming.com // SEA/Oceanic WvW/PvX Guild.

Posted by: Vhai.3971

Vhai.3971

Greetings.

I’ve bought 1600 gems a couple of times, and spent it mostly on dyes. It has all worked fine untill yesterday, untill there was a lagspike when i was about to make my dye purchase. I clicked on the buy and confirm button several times and nothing happened. After a while i was charged but did not recieve my dyes in the mail. My estimate is that the system took 800~1000gems without giving me the dyes. Can you please look into this?

And this happened on my mesmer, Vhai.

Thank you Arenanet so far for a fantastic job!

Posted by: Shioria.1642

Shioria.1642

As many others I bought a Dye Pack it removed the 200 Gems but did not give me the Dye Pack

i have a support Ticket open for it " 120905-005039 "

Posted by: PewPewK.7839

PewPewK.7839

Was wondering if I could get an update on my ticket 120825-029611. On the first day of the game, I transferred servers within 10 minutes of the game’s launch and was erroneously charged 500 gems for the transfer. Been 11 days so far and I was told it had been escalated, but haven’t heard anything else since then.

Posted by: LittleSpirit.6508

LittleSpirit.6508

On 5th Sept roughly around 2000hrs-2300hrs (cant remember time exactly) 8GMT
Purchased additional character slot for 800 gems.
800 gems were deducted.
Did not receive my additional slot.

Submitted ticket
reference #120905-005699

Still waiting for response.

(edited by LittleSpirit.6508)

Posted by: BloodDoll.4602

BloodDoll.4602

I was billed though, and that seems wrong that I paid for something I didn’t receive. I have the transaction info if it needs to be posted here too.

I also contacted support and they said they’d get back to me but they never did… ever.

I want to use the gem store a lot in the future but this makes me hesitant to even play. If someone takes my money and doesn’t provide what was promised and doesn’t respond to support tickets, that’s not encouraging.

(edited by BloodDoll.4602)

Posted by: Drej.6705

Drej.6705

Incident: 120831-020284

It’s been six days since I submitted a ticket for this issue. I appreciate that ANet is prioritizing the consumer who is careless enough to let their account get exploited, but to do so over consumers who are willing, and have been willing to throw real money at you is unheard of. Completely absurd, even. Come on, ANet.

Thursday, August 30th. I was able to complete a transaction for 4000 gems on the store, and upon promptly spending them on bag slots and more account bank space, went back to buy two more batches of 4000.

Card Authorization has consistently failed each subsequent time. PayPal, Visa, AMEX, Visa and AMEX gift cards… you name it. I even linked a gift card to PayPal to see if that would work. No luck.

I’m growing slightly irritated with the lack in bank space, as I’d love to get a good system set up first thing, but I can’t do that when I’m being hindered by full bags.

Otherwise, the game is gorgeous. As expected. Please don’t let this be the game-killer.

Posted by: Zytherion.8231

Zytherion.8231

It would be amazing to get an update from one of the support staff please and thank you

Posted by: formula.5703

formula.5703

YES I even tried changing my UI size and my resolution nothing helped.

I also did the -repair, once again no results.

Attached is a screenshot of the trading post but the gem store looks the same with black text…ect

today the trading post looked and worked perfectly fine and now tonight it looks exactly the same.. a big mess.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wasi.7190

Wasi.7190

120904-008715
Paypal and CC errors

(edited by Wasi.7190)

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

To everyone who has reported that they purchased an item in the Gem Store, but did not receive the item: please check whether your in-game mailbox is full. If your mailbox is full, please make room in your in-game mailbox. Even if you have 9/10 spaces full, please make room for ALL undelivered mail, as we’ve seen some cases where items will not be delivered if there isn’t room for everything. If you’ve done this and you still haven’t received your items, please let us know.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Isaki.7596

Isaki.7596

120904-003335
This is happening on two accounts where multiple credit cards and paypal not working.
Isaki.7596 and tamaru.3684

Thank you in advance!!

Posted by: Deadwing.7980

Deadwing.7980

I recently tried to make a purchase of gems and received the declined CC error at the end, thinking this was just a glitch on the games part I tried again. When that failed I attempted to use Paypal resulting in the same issue. Checked with my CC company and the purchases were being flagged as fraudulent. I have cleared that up with them and now I am posting here to make sure that the error purchases are not used on my account and how to allow future purchases to go through.

Incident Number: 120906-003088

Posted by: DarkFoxFire.3612

DarkFoxFire.3612

Ticket #120906-003107

I recently purchased 800 gems via CC. This deposited correctly and without issue. I wanted to buy a mini-pet pack just for a little something extra, and I attempted to buy this but after clicking confirm, nothing happened. I did this several times without it making a difference, I gave up and went to bed, only to find the next morning my Gem balance almost fully depleted but no delivery of goods. I have raised a support issue for this. Anyone else having this issue?

And I really hope I don’t end up with three mini pet packs -.-

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Yep, I didn’t receive a dye pack i bought due to this sort of thing. Post this, as well as your support ticket number in here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Gem-Store-Questions-Issues-merged/first

:)

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: fremon.9810

fremon.9810

To everyone who has reported that they purchased an item in the Gem Store, but did not receive the item: please check whether your in-game mailbox is full. If your mailbox is full, please make room in your in-game mailbox. Even if you have 9/10 spaces full, please make room for ALL undelivered mail, as we’ve seen some cases where items will not be delivered if there isn’t room for everything. If you’ve done this and you still haven’t received your items, please let us know.

Cleared my mail, even the system ones (mail at 0/10), did not help though.

(Bug I encountered: Bought Dye Pack, 200 Gem clearly got deducted, received nothing, “Recent Purchases” showed nothing as well)

It has already been 5 days since encountering this bug.

Regards.

Posted by: DeaHamlet.8493

DeaHamlet.8493

Same thing happened to me. It also charged me twice to boot as well! Submitted a ticket yesterday morning… nothing.

1-2 weeks? Wow. Nice. I guess there’s no point in spending any real money on the store if I can’t be assured I will get what I actually paid for… 1-2 weeks is not a reasonable wait time.

DeaHamlet.8493

Reference: 120905-005666
I bought 2 character slots (I only meant to buy one but the button wouldn’t do anything and then it charged me twice!) and they have not appeared. I did this early Wednesday morning (Sep 5). I submitted a ticket after relogging, no reply and no… still no character slots!
[It used up 1600 gems that I purchased that very same morning]

Posted by: Korten.9084

Korten.9084

So I was trying to buy gems and I got one of two problems:

1. Tried to use credit card but it was denied…
2. Paypal, but for some reason it doesn’t transfer me to paypal and goes straight to: Thanks for purchasing…

I sent a ticket support but got no response yet.

Posted by: Weckso.1678

Weckso.1678

Ticket : 120906-003191

Unable to buy gems with any CC or PayPal. When trying to pay with a credit card, it kicks back a failure so fast that it would be impossible for it even to have attempted to make an authorization attempt.

DeaHamlet.8493

Reference:120830-000815

I purchased a dye pack from the gem store a week or so ago, and was surprised when I didn’t receive it in the mail. So I purchased it again, thinking I didn’t press confirm. And still no luck. So after the maintenance that same night I tried again thinking it would be better…. and guess what… still no luck… I’m really worried I wasted my gems/real life money. Please could you supply me with an answer regarding this issue? If phoning would be a better way to solve this issue what is the phone number I can reach support?

Update: I still haven’t received a response from Customer Service. And it has now gotten even worse. I can’t even receive ANY in game mail whatsoever. My main worry still lies with the fact I bought something with my money and still haven’t received what I paid for. Please may I get a response.

Reference: 120830-000815

Did you delete any mails from actual users? It can only hold 10 or so mails and if you do not manually delete them, it will not deliver any new mail. It happened to me. Make sure to delete all mails from users in your mailbox (in game) and then see if you get mail and items.

Posted by: Razeltrushan.6189

Razeltrushan.6189

09/01/2012 05:29 AM
I attempted to buy a five pack of keys from the gem store, after clicking confirm, nothing happened so I attempted again with the same results. after that I restarted my client, and when i logged in again 900 gems were removed from my balance yet the keys had not arrived nor have they appeared in my recent history list.

checked my in-game mail on 9/5/2012 at 10:23PM PST I have no mail in my in box, nor have I received my purchases.

Posted by: PhoenixMichi.7836

PhoenixMichi.7836

I’ve been having trouble purchasing gems. I keep getting authorization errors on both my normal card and paypal. A guildmate is also having the same issue.

Freyar.3254

I think Black Lion may be having trouble. If you used your card on another account, the system may be blocking it due to risk. (ArenaNet had to disable risk management on my account for 24 hours after I bought my father Gems on his account. It’s since been reinstated of course.)

Freyar.3254

Same thing happened to me. It also charged me twice to boot as well! Submitted a ticket yesterday morning… nothing.

1-2 weeks? Wow. Nice. I guess there’s no point in spending any real money on the store if I can’t be assured I will get what I actually paid for… 1-2 weeks is not a reasonable wait time.

The game’s new, things are still rolling out. Don’t spend money until you’re satisfied with how things are running, there’s no point in arguing against that and I’d be much happier if that’s the way you did it. However, some patience is needed due to the launch. Things will be chaotic for awhile.

Posted by: Oddisee.9627

Oddisee.9627

This is getting ridiculous. Where the hell is an official statement regarding this issue? I’ve never seen a company work this hard to make sure their customers CAN’T give them any money.

How about an ETA, or in the least a nice “hey, sorry about that, but we’re hard at work fixing the issue”. Anything would be nice at this point.

Posted by: bipolarcandy.5196

bipolarcandy.5196

Also having the buying of gems issue

DeaHamlet.8493

The game’s new, things are still rolling out. Don’t spend money until you’re satisfied with how things are running, there’s no point in arguing against that and I’d be much happier if that’s the way you did it. However, some patience is needed due to the launch. Things will be chaotic for awhile.

It’s character slots! One wants to try out races and classes at the beginning, how is that so crazy unreasonable?!?! They should not put a store up if they cannot even manage delivery of goods and prompt response to store issues. Store involves real money. It is not professional at all to not deliver goods AND have long waiting periods for resolution.
I’m sorry, it’s my fault for simply trying to play the game, enjoy it and heaven forbid send some money their way. Oh I’m soooooooo sorry for being such a fool indeed. rolls eyes

Posted by: Nessa Alcare.7015

Nessa Alcare.7015

Last night I’d purchased 2600 gems (putting my total at 2920 gems), I’d bought a character expansion slot which i received. This left me with 2120 gems, I then tried to buy a Dye Pack – gems were deducted from my total but i received no dye pack. My mail box was not full as I always delete any mail from it once i’ve read it.

I checked again this morning and still haven’t received the dye pack (or have the gems returned).

Posted by: Fetzell.1097

Fetzell.1097

I bought the Primeval Armor Skin on 9/1/2012,
the gems got instantly deducted and the hint of the first purchase popped up as well,
however the mail containig the skin did not come. I cleared all the mail but still with no results.

Freyar.3254

It’s character slots! One wants to try out races and classes at the beginning, how is that so crazy unreasonable?!?! They should not put a store up if they cannot even manage delivery of goods and prompt response to store issues. Store involves real money. It is not professional at all to not deliver goods AND have long waiting periods for resolution.
I’m sorry, it’s my fault for simply trying to play the game, enjoy it and heaven forbid send some money their way. Oh I’m soooooooo sorry for being such a fool indeed. rolls eyes

Overreact much? I’m not saying it’s an acceptable position to be in, I’m saying do what you intend to, wait until things are satisfactory before spending money. I’m also saying that with the amount of accounts compromised certainly don’t help you for a speedy resolution.

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Got a response from Gaile guys

The team is aware, and I can tell you that emails about this are flying by, even at this late hour in the evening. So yes, it’s definitely on the radar!

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Korten.9084

Korten.9084

I think Black Lion may be having trouble. If you used your card on another account, the system may be blocking it due to risk. (ArenaNet had to disable risk management on my account for 24 hours after I bought my father Gems on his account. It’s since been reinstated of course.)

Nope, not used on any other account. May this be tied to the fact that I got a message asking me to authorize a login by China? (Which I didn’t authorize.)